Druid

Jan 22, 2012 Drood tank questions Back when I last played, theyd kinda broken the ability for us to multitarget tank. I cant remember why off hand, just that they had. Are droods good tanks again or what? I been out of the game about a year, and am just coming back.Kifopaka5 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 Examining a druids stats I think it would be nice if when examining a druid on the site if there was an option to transform them into cat form or bear form to see the stat changes that take place. what are other peoples opinions on this idea?Nadiiran1 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 Tree of Life cool graphic thingie. The other day, I switched to Tree of Life and it did this weird cool graphic thing where flowery stuff bloomed all over it and it moved its hands for a sec. Does anyone know what that was or how I can make it happen again? Edit: Google search made me find it. This is what it looks like. http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9683/pridemane.jpgLarodwyn4 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 H Ultra and Frenzy Not working on purpose or bug? Just looking for some info. Doing about 38k at the moment but I could obviously do more with Frenzy actually procing.Lemongrab5 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 Feral Cat and Bear Form Size and Ideas The Druid's ability to transform into the different forms is one the coolest and unique ability offered to the Druid class. A few suggestions and ideas: Feral Druids Perhaps the size of the feral cat/bear could be increased. I think the graphics of both forms are really awesome, but both forms seem undersized (ie a huge tauren turning into a little cat). If the forms could maybe be the size of the bear and cat mounts it would seem more size appropriate. Also, the size increase could be implemented over time, like the pets of the hunter that increase in size as they level. Also, what about different and cooler evolutions for the forms. Wouldn't it be cool if every twenty levels, a druid could learn a cooler looking more powerful version of their shapeshifted form? The current models could be the look of the first form that you get, and each evolution/new form looked a little more beefy or more armor of sorts. I remember that at lvl 40 in the past Druids would get the "Dire Bear Form". Wouldn't it be cool if that had looked different than the regular bear form? Again, I know these ideas are more superficial and appearance based only, but it would add a little spice to the class and give players more motivation to keep on truckin as a druid. Let me know what you think, and if you have any cool ideas to contribute to the post.Glypherndhal4 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 Help - boomkin issues I am serously having DPS issues with the boomkin. I have added some new gear, reforged, glyphed. Don't know what I am missing?? I have played the hunter and mage without any issues. looking forward to Diablo 3, but in the meantime, getting very frustrated with my Druid. any help on the spell rotation would be appreciated. I do ok, then my spell power burns out, and gets lower than any other class that I have played. right now I do the following: add dots, then wrath x3, moonfire, etc. repeat. I did some forum searching and google searching. just figured, you guys would know.Wolfbaine9 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 why no armor on bears! There seen in other parts of the game, worgen get to wear there armor, why can bears keep there armor on? why do we gota be naked!!!Wargor15 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Mangle spam. Yeah I know its not ideal, however for someone like me who lags in lfr would it just be better to mangle spam then have trouble keeping up with the bosses back?Zannak11 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Balance druid dps help me plz Well i wanna get better at dpsing as a balance druid in my gear i only pull about 25-27k dps at the end of each fight in dragonsoul. I have repeced and tried every possible spec i just need help on yor sajh i only pulled about 23k at the end and some of the melee were in the 30k range. My Rotation: pre-pot-Starsurge-Starfire-starfall-starsurge off cd-treants off cd and when i hit solar eclipse i refresh dots and begin casting wrath untill lunar eclipse generally if starfall is up i use it this time and when a lust/hero/tw comes i pop another potion and use starfall off cd.Felkin1 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Final time...Im definately done...RiP resto:( Tree cd just sucks...it really really does. I dont know how many times I have waited and thought "damn I should have went tree" or popped it and thought "damn I should have waited" ...it sucks. I hate the route Blizz has went. I thought it would get better, incredibly it has gotten worse. Usually I will overcome or eventually figure it out...Not this time. I cant do $hitz with resto now. I feel ALOT like Boomkin now. If no one sees me , Im ok for a minute or two...if they notice me or jump right away...lights out..gg. Ive played this toon for 5 years. I know resto feral and boomkin. I know them all well. Ive respec'd 100+ times...geared and regeared...played over 4200 BGs , over 200k Hks earned (never botted or AFKd anything). Resto druid is HORRIBLE. You can make it work against weaksauce players but just ONE skilled player and its lights out. Travelform is SLOW ...it doesnt work for a escape hardly ever. BARKSKIN is a complete and utter joke. 20%?? seriously 20% ??? Compared to ANYTHING other healers have ...whatever. No doubt Blizz had a meetin pre Cata and decided to take tree down a notch or 20.... I feel like Im beating a dead horse ( or tree, why not everyone else does lOLOLOLOl ) ...reading the MoP notes , Im thinking resto is gone forever. Its really sad:( It was such a sweet change of pace going from feral or boomer to healing...but no way in hell do i wish that frustration on anyone....good luck fellow restos...ill be gone for another year playin my mage and feral. See ya.Meatballzz19 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Shadowmeld. <3 Love it. Some probably know me as Prowl the Tauren, but no more! Gotta say it really is a game changer for ferals.Soundd5 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 feral dps trinket question I have enough valor points to buy the agility trinket. Is the ability to sunc its use up with my other cooldowns (Tiger's Fury - Beserk) that much more of a DPS increase over Arrow of Time, which keeps a proc up practically a whole combat round? Or would my valor points be better spent getting the helm or other item? I know the valor trinket would boost my item level by a bit but i would rather see what can give the most dps increase. If I ever get to raiding...it will be a PUG so gearing up from those options are not likely. Back in the day Emmerald use to have a site that would list Best in slots and would help to differentiate between the dps boost between items...is their another site similar to his as it seems he no longer is doing that. Thanks for the advice!Gilathorn2 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 dps value of feral set bonuses? So I've seen it said that the T12 2pc bonus (Fiery Claws: 10% bonus to Shred/Mangle) translates to about 5% dps increase. Has anyone calculated what the dps value of the T13 4pc bonus is (free Ravage every time you pop TF). It should translate to about 7-10 free ravages over the course of the fight.Ot3 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Having trouble keeping them up - healing Once 2 or more party members are taking too much damage I can't seem to bring them back up to 80%+ without actully going OOM. I normally start healing by doing nourish and try to keep up harmony ( buff that helps hots) and fully life blooming the tank while rejuvenating and regrowthing when needed, but it just doesnt feel like its enough. I can go all out but I will blow my mana down the drain while boss still 60%. Is there something im missing or a stat im not reforging to? Any tips will be beneficialForthedream9 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 New 10 min CD: Mother Tree Mother Tree: Level 84 40% of base mana, 30 yd range 2 sec cast, 10 min cooldown Grows A Mother Tree, healing all within 20 yards for x% every 2 sec for 30 sec. Only one Mother Tree can be active at a time. Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player beyond 6 within the area. Note: The amount healed every 2 seconds should be close to but less then the amount healed by wild growth every 2 seconds. Possible glyph could extend the duration by 6-10 seconds.Tehrealemcee4 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 PvE Resto trinkets choice Foul Gift of the Demon Lord Vibrant Alchemist Stone Heart of Unliving please explain :)Tarazbank2 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Healing Addons / Hot Timers Hello, I am Currently Leveling a Second druid (yes I said Second druid) Mainly For healing And I had a few Questions For all of you Restoration Druids out there. My Questions are. A.) What Addons do you use for healing? B.) What addons do you use to keep track of HoT timers on different people? and C) Why must dps insist on Pulling when I am oom? Thanks for the help! ~ Fel Edit Because spelling is hard.Feldion1 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Stuck at 280% Mount Speed Has this been fixed yet? My druid Entressa has bought Master Riding but is stuck at 280%. I'm seeing posts with this problem from a year ago. Whats going on?Kudros4 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 My PvE setup I was kicked out of a group by an elitest for screwing up my class. Said im doing it all wrong. So i looked up some things noticed 2005 is a good haste breakpoint. Does my stats and gear look good?Halayethol2 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Force of Nature Idea I currently feel like Force of Nature is kind of a crappy spell. I don't think anyone has ever thought oh my gosh he/she cast Force of Nature run! Each treant does about 2k damadge per hit (at my gear level) and they have about 20k hp. What I would like to see is instead of summoning 3 treants only 1 super treant is summoned with some cool abilities. From a pvp standpoint FoN is pretty crappy. A warrior can kill each of them getting victory rush each time and use it to heal themselves for way more damadge than the treants would ever cause. I would like this mega treant to have the feeling comparable to the enhance shammies wolves. Something that actually feels like a FORCE OF NATURE and not a fail of nature.Xzallam2 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Druid or Priest, only one! If you could only pick one character, Druid or Priest, which would you play, and why?Chiclet15 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 gultas hi i had a great idea for the druid class what if you can steel the form of other bears and cats like take the form of amoni bear and a lion. tell me what you thinkNikolk0 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 gultas hi i had a great idea for the druid class what if you can steel the form of other bears and cats like take the form of amoni bear and a lion. tell me what you thinkNikolk0 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Feral/Priest VS Rogue/Priest I need some help with fighting this. Me and a Preist friend have been going for 2k in 2s while we look for a Mage for 3s. And tonight we fought against a Rogue and a Priest like 4 times. They kept us from getting our 1900 goal. :/ It seems like no matter what i did or what my Priest did it was just GG everytime. I would try to train the Preist while clonning the Rogue and peeling as needed. I also tried training the Rogue and clonning/interupting the Preist. But no matter what i did it seemed like this Priest could just mana burn spam the whole game. He'd be at 20k health and still mana burning knowing his Rogue could just blind-sap me at a moments notice. We tried even setting up for our own mana burns, but it would end in a stun to my priest a fear to me followed by another stun to my preist. Keeping me in a full fear. It was never ending. D: Is this just a case of getting out played or is Rogue/Priest just really GG for Feral/Preist?Prôwl132 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Kiril + Moonkin form What do you think the raider bosses think when they see a sky sc@!%*r doomkin, who is lusted with a giant growth potion, running at them?Brenook3 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Moonkin/Resto Addons Hey just asking for anyones advice on moonkin/resto add ons. Anything that boosts dps or makes the screen look cleaner would be nice ThxAmentogodas1 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Starting feral tank chest i have http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/72824, but have enough for http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/71486. i'm trying to be a tank but so far in LFR i always end up dpsing. at this point i'm not sure if i should do the traditional dodge reforging or do the bearcat mastery thing. any advice?Ballobeef6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 the druid, his design and the TREE form. hi guys... i played a shammy for a long time and decided to get a druid. At same time i looked at the real druids history and something bothers me. why they get rid of permanent tree form? the "real" druids are bounded to nature and more specifically to forest and trees ( the oak looking to be the main tree of the "cult" ) i think its a flaw in the design that the main image of a class get washed away for gaming and class balancing purposes. IF someone think i got something please TTT it. : why not giving the tree form a nurfed BUT permanent quality ( like all other form, from best dps for cat and so on ) and find another way of to buff it. I SUGGEST AWAKENING...this "buff" could be the last skills from the healing talent tree and buff the tree form already in places. why not make some leafs growing animations or else.. dunno if some ppl find that idea cool , just C and C thx Mud Mudshroom27 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Bears, who do you believe? Rawr tells me to prioritize mastery (reforges and glove enchant), mr. robot tells me to reforge to dodge. Rawr says that Indomitable Pride and Stay of Execution are crap and mr. robot says they are best in slot. Rawr doesn't care that my expertise is very high, mr. robot seems to like that I've reforged away from exp. I can't do the math myself (wish I could) so I don't know who to believe. I realize it's situational so here's my situation: 10-man 8/8 N, doing N this week and will try H Morchok next week. We may also do some H FL (which we have not done). Have T13 4 set (mix of LFR and N). My being able to pull extra dps by switching to cat form is a non-concern, my survivability is. I'm most concerned with being effective on N Deathwing and starting H DS bosses. I'm posting from the bear in question so feel free to look at my armory. (Just got gloves tonight and will have them gemmed, enchanted, and reforged before my next raid but at this point the question is with/to what?)Kinedamcgee34 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Crafted PvP set for PvE Ok so I'm on my way to level 85 and I was wondering if it's a good idea to just grab a crafted set and start healing HoT heroics. I'm a somewhat experienced healer and atm I have no mana problems. I just want to skip the hours of reg dungeons before getting into HoTs and LFR...think it could work?Leafmealone1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 dps role; feraldps or rogue? I really wanna play a melee dps for raid, not pvp and I was interested in playing catdps but I don't know if I should do that or go rogue. Since my druid isn't too high of a level it would be great to know how the two classes differ in dps playstyle and which is easier to get high in the dps charts. :DDraegerbear24 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Lore Questions Hey guys! The other day I was derping around on the forums and somewhere I saw a comment saying something about tauren and night elves being the only "real" druids.... So that got me wondering. Why are Worgen and Trolls not considered "real" druids? And now I'm curious as to how each of the races are druids and/or why they are "real" druids. So if you guys could please give a quick explanation of each race's druidism (or whatever its called lol) that would really help me! Thanks guys! (I know I suck with lore :D)Kalst1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Been reading forums lately... I feel like a dying breed. No macros, no addons class addons (have dbm & recount). I've been playing since vanilla and use a thumball mouse. I don't have perfect play timing, but when I do something spectacular to save the day from a dps accidental pull or a healer d/c I can say my years of playing experience and skill helped me out. My bleeds stay up as long as nothing else needs my immediate attention and I always make sure I rotate my camera often for good situational awareness. I don't feel macros and addons are a crutch, but where are all the players like me who don't use them and still get invited to raids (though I don't have enough time to do more)? I feel so alone.Kaminek12 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Fiery Claws (T12 feral set bonus) I'm still sporting this 2pc set bonus on my cat set. Does anyone know if the Fiery Claws DoT is overwritten if you're spamming shred in quick succession? Or does it stack in some way?Ot5 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Group of Spammable Macros for insances? Save me from my own epic FAIL Is there a group of macros that i can bind to keys 2-4 that will allow me to produce more damage than my own pathetic attempts at key bumping have provided? i am the definition of a bad kitty... and i wanna be less bad.Chadreth11 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 feral pvp and spell pen So I've had this druid on the shelf for a little while and after looking at some high rated feral druids I notice spell pen. I'm not doubting the wisdom in taking spell pen but id just like an explanation. Thanks.Sarrg7 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 A change to swiftmend/efflorescence Hey all. A bit bored on a break in between classes been kicking an idea around for a while thought I would post it see what others think about it. With how healing is in DS I find myself restricting who I am casting swiftmend on, about 9/10 I find myself casting it on myself so I can control exactly where the healing circle will be. I no longer raid on my druid switched to raiding on my shaman and I find I love being able to control exactly where healing rain is. So my idea would be to take efflorescence off of the swiftmend cast making it a seperate spell to cast to put down the circle. Swiftmend would instead give a charge to efflor to use whenever the druid would like, maybe having up to 2 charges and being able to drop 2 circles at the same time. Don't know what others think about this idea, but it would free up swiftmend for me. Could see myself actually casting it on a tank on more fights. Or even having the ability to place 2 circles would make it more usefull on some fights like warlord or morchok when you have a melee and ranged group. Well I am off to class kick the idea around some see what you all think.Yading2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Hello Druids :) Hello my fellow druids, I just got my druid to level 85 and im looking for a good PVP/PVE feral build. If any one could help me with a link or some advice that would be awesome. Thanks.Bruel2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Bored - which spec to raid on? Howdy folks. I am looking for some advice on what to do in PvE. I have three 85s. I love my DK tank (8/8N 1/8H 7/7N 6/7H). The cooldowns and rune/runic power relationship are fun, and the priority could not be easier. I love my pally tank (8/8N 7/7N). The Holy Power mechanic is pretty meh, but the priority is straightforward and the cooldowns are epic. I LOATHE my druid (resto/feral tank) for the following reasons. 1. Tanking on my druid makes me want to hit a baby in the mouth (disclaimer: that was sarcasm). The rage mechanic infuriates me (especially in dungeons where I am rage-starved at the start of every pull). Also, no ranged aoe grab (exclude charge/swipe/thrash)? Bleugh. 2. Healing on my druid is alright and with VuhDo, I am fairly competent. My issue is that I just do not enjoy healing. It is not "fun" for me. Also, I feel EXTREME guilt if anyone dies for any reason (even if they stand in fire). 3. I have never tried feral DPS, but my best friend plays it. He says the rotation is more than just a bit "difficult". Also, from experience playing my rogue, I hate the energy/combo point playstyle. 4. I used to be boomkin, but found the DPS and playstyle entirely unsatisfying. Probably does not help that without the legendary staff, my DPS will always be on the low-ish side until fights like Madness. TL:DR - I am not here to rag on druids. I just want opinions on what people enjoy and why. I could retire this character, or I could find a way to make it "fun". Please help me keep the druid population up! It would be sad to retire my druid to start leveling my 82 hunter (/shudder). Thanks, HighFructoseHighfructose11 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Resto/Boomkin PVP set This may sound crazy but I rather have most of the boomkin pvp set for resto than the resto pvp set. 2 Seconds off swiftmend doesn't feal great when it's heal is offset by sneeze.Eiandallas1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Moonkin DPS Help please! My item level is 391 and i cant seem to get over 20k-22k dps, im lucky if i even pull 17k most days in 5man heroics. I have no idea what im doing wrong i have read so many guides and im doing everything the correct way with my spec, gems and enchants and reforgeing. Im over hit caped by a little bit and my haste is where its supposed to be i have all the correct gems and enchants. I am doing the correct eclipse rotations for single target. I just feel i should be doing alot more dps for my item level. TY for your time and help Sapphrii6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 The "Still No Fire Kitty Staff" Club I am starting up a new clubs for all of us that still have not gotten their flaming hot cat staff. Sign up if you're interested, free to join and QQ. Benefits of the club include; 1.) If you finally get the staff you can say the club gave you luck. 2.) We can go cry in the corner as a group when someone else we know gets it. 3.) Kill hunters camping rare pets who have gotten the staff. 4.) Free beer Thursdays.Shiro413 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Dodge!?! Is there a dodge cap for Bears? I've been told that it's 40% and after you get to 40% you should start going more towards mastery for better mitigation?Clavus13 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 pvp boomkin so this week i decided to switch to boomkin (hence the spirit gear) my situation goes as follows, my computer seems to be getting crappy so i cant even do 25 mans because i lag way too much even with everything on low. So i cant do LFR to get a nice trinket... would i be better off going with the pvp on use spell power trinket, or would bottled wishes work out better for me? i have just started with this so im not sure just how much resil im going to need as a balance druid, but i do know my haste is pretty low ><Dainmokhaz10 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Question on wep, IF anyone has dont the math. normal mode DS pole or T2 pvp wep.. PVP wep is a Higher listed dps like 939.3 on DS.. 1002 on pvp wep. pvp wep is 115more ap as well from stats. Before Raid buffs Figure proc on ds wep is nice if it lines up with my dots or a fb or something. PVP wep should be higher every white hit shred fb even dots unless put up while DS wep procs So looken for the math guys to help a fool out. Whats is truly best PVP and PVE.Drcow3 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Addon for Savage Defense? Anyone know a addon that shows when I have Savage Defense active and how much it's absorbing for?Broadbear2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Heroic Ultraxion 25 advice/tips for Resto Dru Our best attempt: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pmy1kmtlie8qnmuc/sum/healingDone/?s=7656&e=8023 Basically any tips/advice you can give would be much appreciated, specifically for Lohkan and GT. I'm not going behind his back, he asked me to post this. We are consistently running short at the end of the fight and the damage just destroys us. Once the raid cooldowns end we just die.Democles6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Advice constructive or otherwise Yes I know 1600s lol...I digress. I know we've all seen the videos of ferals just absolutely beasting dps, healers, mostly whatever they decide to jump on. I feel like my damage on plate and particularly resto shamans and holy pallies is just crazy sub par. I'm not overlapping bleed and just mindlessly spamming mangle but I feel like there has to be a way to increase damage when I have full bleeds up, pop a berserk and just see low low low crits. Feel free to give advice or insult my lol2s team.Buxley2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 4.3 resto trinkets Neither EJ nor the sticky have any real information on trinkets in this tier. I'm looking at updating my resto set, especially my trinkets (currently have the alchemy stone, the pickled egg, and Herioc Fall of Mortality). What are the best trinkets for resto in this tier? I've had absolutely horrid luck trying to get Jaws of Defeat (the only time it dropped for my guild was the week I was out of town for Thanksgiving). I'll probably try to farm the tinket from Well of Eternity, but of the trinkets available from Dragon Soul, which ones should I be trying to pick up?Thequay11 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Night Elf or Worgen So I'm getting a faction change on my troll druid and I can't seem to decide on which race to roll. I'm leaning toward NE since I plan on tanking more then anything else, but I still like the idea of having an extra sprint with worgen. I'd like to hear what the general consensus is in the druid community before I make my decision.Silentjay21 Jan 20, 2012