Dec 12, 2011 Please help my Balance druid- So my dps has gone from being quite decent and competing with the rest of the guild in Firelands to pretty much last in Dragonsoul. im getting quite worried, and im quite sure im not doing much wrong but if you see something please tell me... also advice is greatly apprecated! My Rotation - pre-pot just before pull- troll racial - (drop trees depending on the fight and when we are planning on bloodlusting) IS - MF - starfire untill wrath - IS - SF - wrath - Starsurge when off CD or procs - IS and SF before leaving eclipse - wrath to lunar - then starfire ... reapply lunar dots ... also I have an Ultraxion kill log (after many stupid panicked HeroicWill button presses which got me killed!) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6k7fhrahhlt87czg/sum/damageDone/?s=10929&e=11239 Thanks for your help! (also my guild brought me in for our Heroic Yog kill due to my supposed awesome AoE --- but I was still down the bottom of the pack for our attempts at that)Gersey5 Dec 12, 2011
Dec 12, 2011 Druid transmog question Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but since it concerns my druid I figure I would give it a shot. Does anybody know of any purple colored (by purple I don't exactly mean epic :P) leather gear for a Druid? Purple is my favorite color so of course I want a transmog set that's entirely purple, so I'm trying to find pieces...trouble is, most of the tier set are very earthy colors. So does anybody know any boss drops that are purple?Räina9 Dec 12, 2011
Dec 12, 2011 moonkin pvp and feral pve anyone else find it fun how they made all 3 mage spec's viable and some even op for both pvp and pve. While feral still sucks in pve and moonkin still sucks at pvp ?Optìmustroll0 Dec 12, 2011
Dec 12, 2011 Shouri #1 resto druid Nice to see a resto druid playing at a tournament this year. Feels like it's been forever. Only so much he can do but he is awesome.Relentlèss5 Dec 12, 2011
Dec 12, 2011 Sprint/Stampede If I have to use a 2 minute cooldown to get out of a roots, I shouldn't be able to be rooted while I have that buff active. Using roots to get out of nova, to have them nova again seems unfair to me.Ðrood4 Dec 12, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Re: Not @Datah... I step away for 20 minutes, and all you rowdy druids burn a thread. What is this forum coming to? ./sighTaswind27 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Switch Resto and Balance 4 piece bonuses This is a suggestion brought up on MMO-Champion by ichime ... I know boomkins have been complaining a lot about their 4 piece. As for resto druids, whether or not they've been vocal about it, a lot are abstaining from their 4 piece as well. (Timeslip is not a very strong mechanic when, in the current state of healing, people tend to be topped off in health very often after taking damage; nor is it an interesting mechanic, being completely passive and having almost no impact on our rotation.) This seems like it would be an elegant fix for both sets.Dendrek1 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Moonkin form? I'm not entirely sure about the rest of the druid population... But.. When playing Balance spec I think it would be nice every so often to be able to see your character and not be at a loss of DPS -- be it through the use of a glyph (and if one exists I'm really sorry :P) or doing the same as Restoration spec and making it a timed ability. Thoughts? Youthore32 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Dear Druids (Especially Restos!) Hello Druids! I was going to have Lissanna post this, but shes been busy working on papers for college, and I know how exhausting papers can be. So I wanted to post this here myself. TMR has created a sister site called Swift Rejuvenation. This site is dedicated to the Restoration Druid. We have a few Feral and Moonkin stalkers, thus we have an offspec section (Reesi and Smo <3). The site is fairly new and like most communities, works best when more people take part in them. The goal of this site is a "One Stop Shop" for resto druids. We want to make it easy for people to get information in one place instead of going through 4 blogs, 2 websites, and then the WoW Forums for a simple yes or no answer. I also wanted to let everyone know we currently have an opening for a Moderator. There is only room for 1 at this time, but as we gain members, I will be looking for more. Should you be interested in becoming a Moderator for this forum, you can contact me on the site. I am looking for someone who is active in the community as well as will be on the forum. This however doesn't mean you need to be E-Famous. So with that, I welcome any and all to join. Even you dirty Ferals. http://swiftrejuvenation.forumotion.com (soon to be) http://swiftrejuvenation.net Foofy10 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Restoration Druid PvP First off, I would like to say that these are my observations regarding Restoration Druid PvP at the highest level of competition. I have been a Gladiator Resto Druid every season since season 6, achieving a rating slightly over 3000 in season 9. As many of you know, Resto Druids are currently the worst of the four healers in PvP, and best of four healers in PvE. This upcoming season threatens to drive our beloved spec to extinction (in pvp). Druids lack both the healing output and survivability to be a truly strong and competitive arena spec. I understand that because of how strong Resto Druid's healing output in raid scenarios is, that the Devs are hesitant, to say the least, to buff Resto Druid's healing output to match the burst healing capabilities that the other healers possess in arena. But they can still make significant buffs, which I believe, will not affect PvE. In Wrath of the Lich King, Restoration Druids had several talents to massively boost survivability, that are now missing from talent trees in Cataclysm. These talents are: Imp Barkskin - Granted 160% armor contribution from leather armor while in travel form or caster form, and also increased barkskin by 10% Improved Tree Form - Granted 200% armor contribution from items while in Tree Form. Natural Perfection - Granted a stacking 4/6/10% damage reduction buff when critically hit by a melee or ranged attack. That means that from Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm Druids are missing out on 160%, passive armor increase from leather armor, and a 10% damage reduction buff. Also instead of 30% damage reduction, barkskin only gives 20%. This is A LOT of survivability loss. Now I understand Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm are almost two completely different games, and arena games play out very, very differently. But I can't help but notice that some survivability tools that Druids once possessed could seemingly put Druids in a much more comfortable position without affecting their strength in PvE. So I'm not suggesting that you give Druid's all of these back, but even just one would help. **In my opinion giving Resto Druids Natural Perfection back, and making it undispellable would be the best coarse of action.**Loganthetree31 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Has it happened to you yet? So I managed to make it through the Deathwing fight on Tuesday. We kill him and guess what? Kiril, Fury of Beasts drops! I see that I'm the only feral in the whole raid and nearly poop a kitten. So I wait till the end to roll on it. Thinking, it's mine and I'm all stoaked. Well come to find out a Hunter wins it... Fml blizz!! It has armor! /sigh ... Oh well I guess there's next week. D:"Enshishi24 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 4 piece T13 cat bonus question Does it proc the free ravage even if youre not talented into it?Bairot8 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 soloing older content (bear, cat, boomkin)? Pretty much all I do on this toon is heal, though I did some bear tanking back in BC and early Wrath and some boomkin while leveling in Cata. What I'm wondering is if I want to go back and solo some old content, BC heroics in particular in order to grind rep, will I be able to adequately self-heal and do damage as a bear or cat or should I just go boomkin? What about Wrath dungeons? Previously I've just done some DK soloing. DKs have Death Strike as well as diseases and AoE, which makes soloing any older content trivial for self-healing and speed of clearing as long as you don't miss your DS intervals. If the Boomkin can handle the damage that seems like it might be a better choice for soloing older content and would mean I have less extra gear to collect before I respec my offspec, but I'm interested to hear other success stories. Note that my offspec gear for soloing will likely be iLvl 378 and some 384 tier pieces.Hyrax22 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Feral is insanely fun too bad no one will arena with my kitty D:Liaine2 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Trinket Question Hey guys I have a question regarding my trinkets. Currently I have Tia's Grace, Fluid Death, and the quicksilver alchemist stone. I've equipped tia's grace and fluid death....now my question is should i replace tia's grace with the new valor tanking trinket? sorry for the nub question. Thanks for your time!Noc0 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 xmog staff Hello droods! Looking for a good staff to match this set - http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=400#. - for mah drood alt. Thanks in advance!Kythiara0 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Bears End-game Questions I always heard !@#$ about Bear tanking. Not enough thread generation, not enough AoE skills, not enough self-heals in bear form. At the moment (level 39, 1 level to learn this "blood DK" skill that absorbs stuff when I crit) and I am really enjoying it much more than my Blood DK and my Protection Warrior as a tank, and enjoying as a cat in PvP more than my Elemental main and other dps I have. Of course I am not 85 yet and I don't have a faceroll Cleave or Heart Strike to generate that much of AoE Thread, but I see I am doing a good job tanking and when I healed some Heroics at 85 I always saw that Bear defense is A++. So I wonder if: •Should be worried to tank at level 85, 5-mans and raids. •Will I have much problem at 85 to keep AoE Thread? •Critical is one of our most important status, since it triggers our mastery and Savage Defender? •Is it possible to solo old content (Molten Core, Karazhan, Black Temple, etc...) with Bears? •Is it a trouble to tank with no Parry and Block, only with Dodge and Abosorbs? Thanks, any additional information will be welcome :)Letalren8 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 What's your favorite spec and why? hmmmm?Killingo2 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 LF Addon to track your disc priest's shields So, my main is a disc priest. However; I have a healer of every class and spec that I play. When I play my resto druid specificly with another disc priest, I have issues with my hots doing a lot of overhealing because I have them on a target the disc priest already has a shield on. Can any1 reccommend an addon that will show disc priests shields (at least PW:S) in the BLIZZARD RAID FRAMES? Emphasis on the blizzard frames. I have no intention on completely changing my frames to grid or the like for my alts need.Tereasa0 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 WG wth. im sure this has been discussed a lot but i dont read these forums too much. I've been playing my pally mainly in 4.3 but healed 10 man DS tonight with my druid and i just dont understand blizzard. they nerf the balls off of WG but they give pallies WG on crack (holy radiance)? p.s. glyph of innervate is horrible.Animagous6 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 moonkin pvp what do you favor more? haste or masteryBillmaher2 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Make Moonkin form less annoying. When mounting, Moonkin form should instead of breaking should actually have all the buffs/perks of itself just be sort of "invisible" and the moment of dismounting you should again appear as a moonkin. This way, you don't have to worry about recasting moonkin form (how annoying is that to do in the middle of a BG or PVE setting?) and so blizzard doesn't have a problem with Moonkin form not looking right on mounts. Räina11 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Make moonkins show the head gear on them I wish Blizzard would allow moonkins to show the type of head gear they are wearing, not just our weapons :) Hopefully we get to customise how our moon chicken's look in MoP. Its kinda boring to see the same old chicken all the time. Since the only cosmetic change we can do is the how our weapons look... :(Orlistat12 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Reforging There was a post that i cant seem to find where someone linked a site that showed druids how to reforge so we dont waste gold trying to hit minimum hit with max mastery. Anyone know that site?Devestator2 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Suggestions for first VP buy for resto Thinking back peice, any suggestions?Recklessroar5 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Druid Tanking, what to do and not to do. I've seen alot of talk these days about druid tanking and people being in all honesty way off the beaten path. I've seen people talk about gemming strength to make them hit harder, ect. But in all honesty Druids at this point in the game either stack stamina or agility, Most 25 mans have thier tanks stacking stamina to keep up with the hits and to be able to last a second or two without heals. In 10 mans or other raids, we have been stacking pure agility except for the 2 yellow gems to activate our meta gem, unless your doing 25 mans stacking agility is the way to go, since agility gives you, A) attack power, which increases your mastery bubble, and makes you hit harder to keep better agro, B) gives you critical strike percentage +, which makes your mastery proc more often. C) and the best of all gives you dodge rating , now granted you don't get as much dodge as using a 40 dodge gem, but you get all the above with your dodge rating which makes it better in my opinion because of getting 1 stat you get multiple stat increases with just one kind of gem. If happy to answer any druid tanking questions in game or in this forum when ever i check them. So don't feel stupid for asking anything i know we all have to start somewhere, and that somewhere might be right here who knows. Have a great dayKellistis6 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 How to play Boomkin lul Step One: Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7QZPw04Ks Step Two: Macro Typhoon w/ the words/script said in video. (/cast Typhoon [Enter] /y {Words go here}) Step Three: Run into a BG and use the said macro on a hunter. Step Four: Quit the game and become a Guard at your local mall, explaining your experiance in step 3. Hope you enjoy. :)Exø1 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Resto Druid. I was wondering how other resto druids are doing? Im having keeping everyone else topped up as the heals are still at wrath level and everyone hp increases almost by 3x or so. Am i doing something wrong. My gears can be said decent for normal as i am at item level 330 i guess.Leontius2 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Ready to Quit my Druid... help me I know my gear isn't THE BEST for PvP, but its something. I'm dying in seconds. Any suggestion?Cëlle3 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Gearing for new offspec I recently changed my off spec from Restoration to Feral, thinking I barely heal at all and if I'm going to off heal when party/raid members are dangerously low, just to help with the Druid wide one heals. So atm I'm slowly gathering agility loot for melee dps, gotten a staff, shoulders, trinket, and a chest piece, from just the 4.3 dungeons. Which of those 3 are the best in terms of other drops (excluding jp/honor and valor/conquest only gear). Keep in mind I am mainly going to be Balance, just wanted to get a useful (don't have to wait on mana after changing) offspec and getting ready for MoP's druid tree.Rakarrak0 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 [RESTO] Tier 13 4pc (Q for those with it) To any druids that have managed to obtain this, does it proc. off the rejuvenation cast, or the rejuvenation ticks? Thanks.Sprucelee1 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Odd gear reaction I recently purchased Belt of universal curing (item level 397, enhancted with a belt buckle, 2 40 intellect gems and a 20 intellect/20 spirit gem) from the valor vendor and replaced my previous belt Fireplume girdle (item level 365 enchanted with a belt buckle 40 intellect gem and a 20 intellect/20 haste gem). The new belt clearly has more intellect but yet my mana for some reason went down about 1000 mana points. My buffs did not change I had Motw on me the whole time. Even re logged to see if there was some other odd issue but my mana remained the same after re logging. Any ideas?Cyndadile2 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Should I, as mainly a bear-tank... ...be excited or fearful about the upcoming expansion?Lurleen6 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Hello, my action bars are full. So, my action bars are full. I don't have enough space to put more spells as Kitty. Is it possible to make a macro that changes completely our action bar when we go stealth, like rogues? So i can put talents like Pounce and Ravage in this new stealth bar. Also, i used the Right and Left action bars, in the corner.Hargreeves11 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 Would this comp work? Feral/Rogue/Holy Pal? Or should I play my war instead of my feral? Thanks!Kitannah3 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 @Diggz Brrrroooooo. Make more Cat PoV kill videos so I know more about the fights and stuff. :3 Also, giggles at the yelling at the end of Ultraxion, whoever that was.Dagglet2 Dec 11, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 57 Druid - Best place to lvl and quest? Got to lvl 57 doing dungeons and i just want to switch it up for a bit but cant decide where to lvl to get the best bang for my buck, suggestions? ThanksScrufystrafe1 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 archbishop benedictus on the archbishop fight in hour of twilight, he casts a single target debuff, that is almost impossible to heal through, but i cant dispel it. Do i have to talent in to nature's curse? kind of doesnt seem fair. I got kicked from group because i couldnt dispel it and died, and nobody else was dispelling it. i guess if i was raiding i wouldnt really need it, but i guess i need to pick this talent up?Dymundz6 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Resto - Rate me pls Hi all, I am having trouble healing. I wwas in a 25 man DS (not LFR) last week getting out-healed by another r-druid who had no enchants and was stacking spirit. Is there anything wrong with my gems, enchants, reforges? I would appreciate any advice Thankyou kindly http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Alleeria/advancedAlleeria3 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Feral Cat help. Im looking over EJ and the stickies as far as rotation goes and i understand mostly everything and accept it at face value. Something that I cant understand though, and would like help from you the Druid community is what I should be using to build CPs. I read everywhere that Shred is used to build CPs. Okay. (Dont flame me here I really want to know) But why? Currently, and all through leveling I've been using Mangle as a CP builder. It seems okay to me, and currently with the introduction of Glyph of Bloodletting It seems even more that Mangle is ok to spam to build CPs. Im SURE there is a clean cut answer as to WHY one is better to use than the other... but can someone help me out by explaining it to me? Thanks in advance. :)Yggdrassill10 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Soothe gotta love it when fighting a dk:)Zieg1 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Feral dps question for ultra (& overall dps) So I am main spec restoration, but in several FL Heroic and now DS fights the guild is wanting to 2 heal encounters (therefore increasing overall raid dps per fight) & has me swap to feral. My main question is for fights say like ultra, what in the world do I use as a filler/CP buildier other than refreshing my dots and cutting them off seeing you can't get behind the boss to shread? (please do disreguard my gems & talents atm. I was asked to go bear for the encounter so our other tank could dps the fight seeing he pulled better numbers than me. I plan on swapping spec and gems back when I get online later tonight once I get input.) I did read the feral sticky but it didn't mention encounters like Ultra seeing most times you can get behind the boss (or like me when doing H Domo I get placed in front of him to take the swipe & again can't shread =P). I'm trying to tweak my overall dps so I can be more versitile in feral but the big thing with the sticky is it assumes I'm going after the T13 set, but I'm not atm (again, MS Resto so I'm accumulating that set first & collect feral gear when it happens to drop! -forget trinkets and rings for several weeks till the hunters & other agil users get them for MS-) What all items/stats are decent given I'm in T12 and T12 only items/trinkets? Any other useful advice would be helpful! Thank you!Kristalia2 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Resto Druid add-ons/macros? Alright, so I am new to PvPing a Druid, and I plan on doing so in Resto. What add-ons/macros do you guys recommend or believe to be near "necessary?"Vaurenthas1 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 How is Druid tanking atm? Just started back up after about a year. I remember Paladin and Warrior only being able to tank hardmodes really bcz druids and DK's were a little behind. Is it still the same or is druid tanking on par now? ThanksXcheezit3 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Dooolist Droood I am one happy cow lol time to go for glad haha. :)Nìghtstalker3 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Diminishing Returns on Bear? Ok, so I have some questions. The first is about diminishing returns. I am pretty sure that it means that after a certain percentage it takes more and more of that stat for it to increase it. Is that correct? If so, what is the breaking point for diminishing returns? When does it become non profitable for your character to keep taking more of that stat? As of right now, I have 35% dodge, as everything I have is reforged to dodge. Is there a certain amount you should shoot for, like 30%, then after that forge to mastery? Please don't mind my gear and lack of enchants. I just hit 85 last last night so have been farming better gears for myself. I went from an ilvl of 304 to 363 in one day, so I haven't had a chance to make myself too many enchants yet. One more question. It was suggested by another bear on here, Ellisime, I believe, that I take up Kotj and drop another thing in my skill tree so I can macro my synapse springs to my enrage and totally put the deeps to shame. I don't mind doing this, but what should I take those 2 points out of? Would it be better to take them from infected wounds or from fairy fire? Thanks! /RAWR Kelsquicker5 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 List your Mods Npcscan / overlay- finding rares never been so easy Auctionator- simple auction mod Bartender- movable bars Recount- find out if you suck Icehud hp, mana , cast bars around char questhubber- every quest overachiever- makes achieves easy Omen- can you hold threat ? DBM- if you don't know just stop playing. Healbot- not sure why i have this i dont heal. Spellflash- disabled in my list but flashes the spell you should use next in rotation. postal- grabs all your mail. Gathermate2 /data /routes Reforganator I love this one it gets its info from elitestjerks and basically sets you up for easy reforge. Fleãs19 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Splitting bear and cat. There've been a whole lot of threads cropping up complaining about this upcoming change to the feral spec. And every single time I look at one the OP is in PvP gear. Coincidence?Bolas0 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Frenzied Regen. Glyphed or Non with 4set t13? Quick question. I am quickly approaching 4set t13 and am aware that the Frenzied regen buff will affect everyone now. It does account for whether you have it glyphed or not too. So heres the question. Is it better for the raid to have +30% healing taken (glyphed) OR around 5khps per person extra (non glyphed). I have seen logs of bears doing 30khps to the whole raid when they use it Non glyphed. But is this better than having everyone take 30% extra healing from the healers? Thoughts please?Cowistree2 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 can someone explain why this is? with balance we have the talent Genesis its nice because it gives more time on your insect swarm and moonfire but it also increases healing done shouldnt that be in the healing tree?...and then with Fury of Stormrage it lessens wraths mana cost and gives you a chance for star fire to be an instant cast...wouldnt it be better for balance to have Fury of Stormrage instead of Genesis?Blasius1 Dec 10, 2011