7h Hunter Macro Guide **5.1 Edit* It seems that with the Launch of MoP there is considerably less need for macros, less weird bugs/game design issues that made macros a necessity as opposed to just a nice to have. But I just wanted to tidy up and update this guide a bit with the stuff that I still find useful. ******************************************************************************************************************* The purpose of this guide is to list hunter class related macros that I use and that have been found useful by others. This is a mix of both PvE and PvP macros and how you choose to utilise them is up to you. Furthermore, I am hopeful that if a specific macro you require is not included, you will be able to deconstruct the macros in this thread to create something for your specific requirements. Most of the commands are easy to adapt and only require some logical thinking. ****DICSLAIMER**** THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE WERE NOT CREATED BY ME. IF I AM ABLE TO, I WILL PUT A BRIEF ATTRIBUTION NOTE NEXT TO THEM BUT NO PROMISES, SO DO NOT HATE, PARTICIPATE. Also, just keep in mind that this guide is aimed at people who are not overly familiar with macros or people who have never used macros at all. It does not contain any ground breaking information or some amazing macroing sKeElZ. What are these macros you are talking about, good Sir??!! Essentially macros allow you to perform several actions at once, in other words macros are good for automating certain aspects of the game. However, you cannot macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown - the 1 second window where your buttons become shaded out after casting an ability - nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting; otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay, not automate it To make a macro type in /macro or click on the macro button in the main menu. Copy paste the text I included in the guide into the boxes. Then drag the button from the macro menu onto your action bar. A basic macro that you can try to start out using macros is something like #showtooltip Hunter's Mark /cast Hunter's Mark /petattack this will cast hunter's mark on the target and send your pet to attack it. Leave the icon as the red "?" and it will change into the ability icon based on what your write at the start of the macro. --- Misc Things Just a brief explanation of some of the commands used in various macros, if you are not interested, you can just skip to the next section. *** /use 10 – is an Engineer only (or for somebody else who can have an on-use effect on their gloves) command that uses the glove tinker. ( *** If you are interested in using item slot IDs in macros you can find the IDs at Useful for rocket boots or on-use PvP Trinkets, meaning that you do not have to update your keybind/macro and it will work with any season PvP trinket or belt. *** /stopcasting /stopcasting For some reason hunters require two of these commands in their macros. This command is mainly used for interrupting the cast of Steady/Cobra Shots, so it is a good idea to include it in all of your instant spell macros. *** /cancelaura – cancels any named auras aka buffs that you currently have on you. The macros below use it to break hand of protection and deterrence but it can be used to cancel any named buff, eg Bladestorm. *** #showtooltip – displays the ability tooltip and also the icon if you leave the macro picture as the red “?” symbol. *** /use is the same as /cast and will use an ability or an item. *** As you will see some of my macros utilise modifier keys. Depending on how I have the ability keybound I use different modifiers. Modifier commands available are [mod:alt] | [mod:ctrl] | [mod:shift] I trust the above are self-explanatory. [nomod] and [mod] [nomod] is a conditional command used if you want something to be cast when no modifier key is pressed and [mod] is the reverse, meaning whenever you press any of the three modifiers it will use that instead. General Hunter Macros #showtooltip Track Humanoids /run for i = 1, GetNumTrackingTypes() do local name, _, active = GetTrackingInfo(i) if name == "Track Humanoids" then return SetTracking(i, active == nil) end end An absolutely brilliant macro that allows you to switch between different types of tracking via a keybind again. This one turns Track Humanoids on and off. #showtooltip /cast [flyable] Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher; [noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur This is my mount macro. I guess a macro like this is nowhere near as useful as it used to be now that we can fly around Azeroth, but it still comes in handy. Replace the Icebound drake with your flying mount and Venomhide with your ground mount. /click ExtraActionButton1 This will click the big button that appears on your screen during certain raid encounters, quests etc. I prefer this method to having to use my mouse to click the button. /console set cameradistancemaxfactor "7" This command roughly doubles your camera zoom out distance. #showtooltip Misdirection /cancelaura Misdirection /use [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /stopmacro [@focus, nohelp] /e Strlder has cast Misdirection on %f! (Source: ). This macro casts misdirection on your focus if a focus is set, if no focus exists, it will cast it on your pet or mouse over. Great for soloing or raiding. #showtooltip Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Dismiss Pet /use [pet, nodead] Furious Howl(Special Ability) /use [pet, nodead] Roar of Courage(Special Ability) /use [pet, exists] Heart of the Phoenix(Ferocity Ability) /use [nopet] Call Pet 2 You can do multiple things with a macro like this. It is obviously a pet dismiss macro, but you can also use it to precast various pet buffs in arena (whilst dismissing it in the same time), instantly summon your pet of choice and use it to cast heart of the phoenix if your pet dies.Strlder267 7h
1h Workaround to greyed out action bar issue. For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.Akheela23 1h
Sep 29 Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.0 Legion Hunter PvP Guide [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello everyone! Challenger Qualk here with the fourth installment of my Hunter PvP Guide series, The Legion Hunter PvP Guide. Some of the things in here will be copied from my old guides (what is still relevant) but most of it is going to be newly written. As always, please respond with constructive criticism and let me know if you disagree with anything or I missed anything. I hope this is just as useful to everyone as my last guide was! Table of Contents: I. What’s new in 7.0? [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] II. General Rules and Tips [UPDATED FOR LEGION (Marks only)] III. Talents [UPDATED FOR LEGION(Marks only)] IV. Pets [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] V. Gearing Up [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VI.Enchants and Stat Priority [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VII. Macros [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] VIII. Arenas [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] IX. Addons [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] X.Random Tips and Tricks [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XI. Works Cited, Helpful Links [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XII. A Hunter's Guide to Fighting Demon Hunters [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIII. Class Specific Strategies [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] XIV. Qualk's RP storyQualk297 Sep 29
Sep 13 Just The Hunter and His Pet - Soloing Guide DISCLAIMER!!! This guide will be seeing a huge overhaul soon. It has been outdated for some time and will be changed soon. Thank you for taking the time to read my guide, it will be in working order again soon! Update 9 / 27 - I've decided with the updates to the guide being made that certain sections will be removed almost, if not fully, entirely dur to no longer being accurate or relevant. The main offender being glyphs as they are only cosmetic now and provide no in combat value. Guide should be updated within a week or so, I appreciate everyone's patience as I take the time to figure everything out once more. Hello everyone! Today I’d like to make a detailed thread here to help anyone who’s interested in soloing content, this goes for those who are new to it and veterans soloers! With that said, please keep in mind that this guide will not go into great detail for individual encounter, it is intended to help those who are looking for ideas on how to defeat certain content alone. Also, if anything stated in this guide seems wrong or needs editing, please feel free to say so! So with that said, let’s get started! Contents! 1) Hunter’s Pet 2) Specialization 3) Talents 4) Glyph Choices 5) Flasks, Items, and Various Stat Allocations 6) Rotations. Macros, Videos, and Play Styles. ----------- Hunter’s Pet ------------ As someone who wishes to solo content, the first thing you need to take a serious look at is your pet as well as your pet’s spec! This is about as important, if not more important than your own spec when it comes to soloing content. Let’s take a quick over view of the pet specs. Ferocity – The damage dealing spec. Tenacity – The tanking spec. Cunning – The utility spec Ferocity In Terms of Soloing – Ferocity is rarely used for any 5 man, 5 man heroic, or raid tier content in terms of soloing. For any questing purposes, ferocity works great for making mobs die faster and will be tank enough just like the other two specs to handle any incoming damage. With that said, I have seen for very difficult fights (fights that are pushing the extreme limits to the hunter class) ferocity pets used for their Heart of the Phoenix ability. With that said, I would not recommend using a ferocity spec pet outside of questing. Tenacity In Terms of Soloing – Tenacity is the go to spec for soloing purposes. The reason for this is because tenacity spec’d pets are the only ones who are crit immune, they receive extra healing from the hunter, have the most armor and health, as well as having Last Stand for defensive purposes. For questing it may make things a bit slower, so I’d recommend using a Ferocity of even a cunning pet unless the quest mobs are doing serious damage to your pet. For any 5 man, heroic 5 man, or raid content, tenacity spec’d pets will and should almost always be your pet’s spec of choice. Simply put, your pet will take too much damage to tank for you otherwise. Cunning Pets in Terms of Soloing – I personally have not seen many cunning pets used for soloing purposes. They will work fine for any quest related soloing content, however I’ve never seen one used to push the limits of the class nor have I seen one used effectively for general soloing needs. With that said, cunning pets are the only one with Roar of Sacrifice, so I’m sure there will be a point where someone finds enough use out of a cunning pet simply for that ability to push a soloing fight to the extreme. With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes. Now that we’ve gone over each of the specs a bit, let’s talk about your actual pet. With so many pets out there, it’s hard to choose sometimes right? So I’ll briefly talk about which pets are typically going to be your go to pet. The Spirit Beast (BM only) – A tenacity spec’d Spirit Beast easily makes for one of the best pet picks out there for a BM hunter. Spirit Beasts like all other pets can make use of the wonderful ability cower. In addition, they will have access to Spirit Mend which can be used to heal either yourself or your pet. Spirit Beasts are a good choice for fights that will involve a lot of damage to the Hunter but NOT your pet. They will be tanky enough for most fights, however they will not be able to endure tank heavy fights. They are also a good choice for any encounter which may do percentage based damage instead of flat values due to cower not affecting such abilities usually. The Turtle / Beetle – A turtle / beetle is another pet that is easily one of the best choices for soloing purposes. Simply put, their ability Shell Shield / Harden Carapace is simply an amazing ability. Both of these abilities offer a flat 50% damage reduction to most attacks for 12 seconds on a one minute CD (42 seconds for BM). Turtles are by far the best tanking pet for any hunter who is not BM. They are also the best pet for BM hunters for any heavy damage fights for your tank (your pet!). Other Pets – Other pets can get the job done (some have even been used to counter certain boss fights) however I will not be going into detail about them simply because they are the exception normally. Making Effective Use of Other Pets - While many of the other pets will not be used so much when it comes down to tanking or damage purposes for soloing, it is still a good idea to keep some of these other pets with you. The reason for this is so before you begin a difficult encounter, you can quickly summon these pets, use their buffs and dismiss them in favor of your tanking pet. This on average can give you about 50 seconds or more of extra stats at the start of a fight. Keep this in mind if you're working hard on an encounter, and you're close but you just don't quite have the damage. This will most likely make up that difference. For more information about the other pets that you might find useful for your soloing needs, check out --------------- Specialization ------------------ So let’s talk about the hunter finally! Let’s go over the spec’s very briefly. Beast Mastery (BM) – This spec focuses on giving your pet more damage and threat in terms of soloing. BM also lowers the cool downs for your pet’s abilities than that of the other two specs. BM however lacks any self heals outside of your talents unless you choose to use a spirit beast. Overall, a BM hunter is an excellent choice for soloing. Marksmanship (MM) – This spec focuses mostly on the hunter doing damage through his or her ranged attacks. MM has in the past been the default soloing spec simply because Chimera Shot brings you a small % based heal which over the course of a fight, is incredibly strong. MM’s rotation however in terms of soloing can get… extremely messy. However, with that said MM is still overall an excellent choice for soloing just like BM. Survival (Surv) – Surv relies on heavy dot damage through abilities such as Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, and Explosive Shot. Surv can have good results for soloing quest content and some 5 man content. Surv also proves to have the strongest AOE output. However surv does not bring any survival tools for your pet or yourself. Surv’s dot damage can also make keeping agro on your pet tricky sometimes. With these issues, surv is typically a spec that is not used for soloing purposes due to lack of utility and defensive abilities. The spec you choose to play and solo as is of course, up to you. However, I’ve found that the hunter spec should and will vary depending on the type of content you’re doing, as well as specific boss encounters. So keep in mind each spec’s strengths and weaknesses when deciding which type of content you plan to solo.Lazyguide141 Sep 13
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Hunters: Please Read! Welcome to the Hunter forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the hunter class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct ( and guidelines ( before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
9m Survival talent: Butchery im trying out the butchery talent atm and while i kinda like it, i find it never doing the damage it says in the tooltip. my tooltip says ~228k damage to each target, yet when i try it on target dummies, i never seem to do that damage, only around 150-170k each? thoughts?Frenulum3 9m
10m They gonna buff BM/SV? These are objectively the worst overall specs in WoW for pve and pvp, and both belong to the same class. Thus pulling Hunter down to possibly the worst class if not for MM SW padding. {Arenamate and Warcraftlogs data}. Blizz? Jesus? Anyone?Tastey16 10m
10m !@#$ Melee Survival, give us RANGE back! This is bull!@#$ and survival is not fun at all. I don't see many hunters specing survival! Maybe its because we pick a range class for a reason. There is plenty of melee classes out there, we don't need hunter to be one! Because we want to be a range class instead of a melee class! It was my spec and my favorite for a long time and all of a sudden, it was taken away along with the traps from other spec, leaving us who play this class for the range, with 2 spec. One of them depends heavily on pet who has incredibly bad AI!Aíyana6 10m
19m Why The Hate On Survival? As the title reads, I would like to know your opinions (constructive please!) on why you hate Survival spec so much. I don't want to know about PvP because frankly... PvP has ALWAYS been broken in this game and it ALWAYS will. So give me your PvE SV Hunter opinion on why it's so bad because I'm enjoying myself as I level before I buy Legion. Also... are our stealthed pets supposed to move so slow? When I go into combat.. shouldn't he be charging the target? I find him slowly strolling over... taking his time... gimping my dmg.Kalyri265 19m
20m Notice anything different as BM? I cant put my finger on it but seems like I'm doing less single target dps fights are lasting longer then before the patch- wish I would have checked my dps before this patch.Kon12 20m
24m You turned a sniper into a machine gun. All the Legion (and newer) changes don't really seem to fit into a 'marksman' theme. You can't even significantly spec to emphasise mass AoE vs cleave vs single target. Bit disappointing, here's hoping for better changes down the road.Doomguardx6 24m
25m ALL 3 hunter specs dead last anything 95% tile and down ALL 3 hunter specs at the very bottom, but apparently aimed shot was just hitting too hard... still waiting for a blue post on this.Kiperzz0 25m
31m MM Hunter Changes Justification (Math) To preface this: I personally do not believe the Aimed Shot nerf was justifiable given current MM performance. In fact, no nerf to any hunter spec, especially the hidden Bestial Wrath nerfs that people have been forced to reverse engineer. This is merely an attempt to reverse engineer the developer's intentions with making this change and the Vulnerability change. Numbers were gained using the old simcraft version and my current gear (which is more than serviceable given my extremely high mastery). Basic facts of pre 7.1 MM Hunter that must be known before beginning this examination: 1) Lock and Load is considered mandatory for raiding content (Aimed Shot). 2) Patient Sniper is considered mandatory for all content (Marked Shot and Aimed Shot). 3) Sidewinders is considered mandatory for all content, but primarily raid content (Aimed Shot). I tested two talent set-ups: 1) Cookie-Cutter (LnL, PS, SW). 2) "Bad build" (LnL, Sentinel, Trickshot). I left LnL because it we can use deduction for the Aimed Shot nerf's effect on that value and it doesn't need to be modeled. Cookie Cutter sims: 240887 - Patchwerk 386905 - HecticAddCleave "Bad Build" sims: 192117 - Patchwerk 344457 - HecticAddCleave. So we see from these numbers that "Bad Build" (many Hunter's preferred talent choice including mine) runs 20.3% DPS behind in single target and 11% DPS behind Cleave/AoE.Chenhua16 31m
33m Heroic EN damage decrease? Normal? Tried doin some HEROIC EN last night. Im a 860 hunter. My deeps would prolly be around 220-230k now it went down to just 198k. Is this the natural nerf? Normal?Barbara3 33m
35m Stampede is not seen by anyone in party Stampede goes in a straight line now, and does not chase the boss around. My question is trying to figure out how to get everyone in my party to see stampede again since when the boss moves, the tank does not know where to place him back. I would like to know if there are any settings i need to change or anything to fix that?Lastbreath2 35m
36m 3 of the 4 bottom specs are hunter for damage done to bosses in EN mythic aimed shot should have been buffed 20%Chinawhyte27 36m
50m new pet bug since the patch... i've noticed ever since the patch this new pet bug i have never seen before... my pet gets stuck in combat permanently, and nothing can end it except for completely relogging; closing the game, and reopening it. for some reason i can mount when this happens, but i can't use the taxi service it also effects combat to some extent, but it is wonky and unpredictable. sometimes the pet acts normally, other times it stands in place and doesn't move during combat. or i run (or mount up and move) a very considerable distance before my pet ever decides to start following me. the pet's basic attack (seen on the pet action bar) which is set to auto-cast flashes red the entire time, which is why i believe it is the pet being stuck in combat. it's like the pet is standing in place, catching aggro from some invisible enemy strangely, dismissing the pet entirely, or dismissing it and summoning a new pet, don't fix it. neither does reloading, or using the flight whistle. i actually think the flight whistle may be what causes it to begin with, but i'm not sure it is really bad though, i have gotten on every day since the new patch and hit this bug within an hour, it makes it so hard to play that i have just not been playing. i really hope it can be fixed because unlike other bugs that are just an annoyance this really does make the game unplayableInvisibles0 50m
54m 7.1 PvP stealth nerf 1.Feign Death can not OOC in PVP 2.MM Hunter Agility Wasn't in the patch notes. Same as another te reduced by 10% in PvP(Pretty sure). alth nerf. I am very disappointed with Blizzard. Should I afk?Arutemisu24 54m
1h Sat on Ursoc Mythic? Tonight, both of our raid's hunters got sat for progression on Ursoc. So, apparently 300k is the minimum DPS requirement for Ursoc mythic. According to World Of Logs (link below), we'd need to pull in the top 100-ish rank to hit that in WoL. I've never thought of myself as bad, though not world class...I've never been sat before. I'm hitting 290ish when we enter the 20% phase, but just can't keep up with the mages, warlocks, etc. Is this the fate of hunters? !@#$ ST dps, wonky cleave? I'm quite down about this. Anyone else having similar experiences? Here's the WoL link: 1h
1h Falcosaurs Any other hunters want to tame these new beauts? We can nearly every other form of dinosaur now, but not the newest raptor models. Makes a beast master sad. </3Bear0 1h
1h Survival Mastery Apparently today, the SV mastery was hotfixed to proc from pet autoattacks (in addition to bite and other pet skills). Tested and confirmed, would appreciate it if other sv hunters checked to make sure I'm not crazyArctos55 1h
1h Pretend I've Never Played Hunter... I'd like some help please. Pretend I've never played Hunter. Pretend I have absolutely no problem with Survival being a melee spec because I have no opinion on Hunter as ranged. Pretend I'm primarily looking to have fun and define fun as having lots of choices, great diversity in ability and especially utility. Pretend I refuse to play a FOTM class. With all that...would you tell me Survival is Fun? That it's worth investing limited time into? Thank you in advance!Secondshot6 1h
2h Thread where you can say your favorite pet! Hey, so I love to look through other hunters pets, and their names, and see all of the ones other hunters have collected. What types of pets do you guys like? Birds, Cats, Dogs, etc... My favorite pet so far, is a purple talon owl that I tamed in ValS'hara, her name is Luna.Cheesuzcrust4 2h
2h Rate that Mog! My armory is finally updating... Bit of a work in progress, but I was pretty happy with how well I got this to work so far.Gunzo224 2h
3h State of Warcraft, Level up my hunter? Are Hunters even worth playing up now? I've played many toons over the years. Im posting on my hunter because i want to know if any other hunters feel we are competitive in pvp or pve. My warrior got nerfed into the ground. Survival isnt fun for me now, but i love marksmen. But only when its possible to put up good numbers. I only really ask because i pug more often than not. People wont take classes that are always on the very bottom.Inkarran7 3h
3h Haste for 3 aimshots Anyone know how much Haste is needed to be able to cast 3 aimed shots within a vulnerable debuff? Without any kind of haste buffs of course.Steem14 3h
3h Talent Questions While running my first mythic today (Yes, I finally had time to do so), I was wondering how some hunters had their talents set up, mainly the level 90 and level 100 talents since I know Mythics take a bit more strategy than the other difficulties. My BF and I always had this discussion since he also plays an MM hunter as well and it's these two talents that are different in our otherwise similar builds. I know Level 90 there's Murder of Crows, Barrage, and Volley. I don't use Murder of Crows much. Why? Not so sure. Maybe because it's more of a single-target attack and I'm more into AoE. I've always preferred Volley over Barrage for a few reasons. Barrage is a horizontal AoE cone with a fixed distance. My only concern is that there may be a stray shot that pulls another pack. Volley I'm more comfortable with since it's a passive when active and it's a vertical AoE, meaning I don't have to worry about distance or pulling an extra pack that's a few paces away. Now, level 100 has Sidewinders, Piercing Shot, and Trick Shot. This is where things get a little tricky between my BF and I. He loves using Sidewinders because of the auto-apply of Hunter's Mark. My only issue is that Sidewinders has a very strange hit box since it also hits things in the air and has a fairly far distance as well, which makes it prone to pulling extra mobs. Piercing Shot I tend to like more since it covers not just the target but also those that are in front of the target in my line of sight. Trick Shot I feel like relies too much on Hunter's Mark, which doesn't proc as often as I like unless I have Trueshot activated. I have gone to Icy-Veins and Noxxic to see their reasoning, but I guess I'm curious about the choices on a personal level. So yeah, just wondering what other hunters run for level 90 and 100 talents and why.Falcarra6 3h
3h Enough is enough Blizzard First off, I know any response from a blue, if we get one, will either be a sarcastic dismissal or a cookie cutter response that claims they have data that shows things aren't as bad as every single Hunter knows it to be. That said, I'm posting this because we need to keep hammering away at them until they fess up to their blatant abuse of Hunters and fix things. After the recent, and 100% unjustified, nerf to Aimed Shot, all 3 Hunter specs are in the bottom 6 specs for single target fights like Ursoc. At no time is this OK, Hunters performing well on add fights like Ill'gynoth does nothing to justify destroying our performance on other fights. Ursoc is a tight DPS check, a check that some middle geared Hunters can't meet any more without lucky RNG. If at all. I know Blizzard hates it when we try to show them logs, but logs are absolutely a valid reference as the sample size is sufficiently large enough to be valid. Blizzard likes to claim they have data that says those logs are wrong, well it's time they share that data. Because I for one have never bought into that blatant lie. Us Hunters need to flood the forums every single day until Blizzard does their job and fix our class. And buffing our single target damage is just the tip of the iceberg. We need our double defensive CD back and the utility we lost when they took traps away from us. Current Mythic Ursoc rankings:Òrganoth10 3h
3h BM Hunter 7.1 hotfix ... Source: It seems to be roughly 15% damage I was missing in Heroic raids, so this is good news for me & those I raid with. Bad News is, Viper Sting is still crap since the release of 7.1, making BM not nearly as good as they were in Arena during 7.0.3.Gorrgrim4 3h
4h /sad. Most Frustration in 10 Good Years. I have mained a hunter since vanilla, and have never felt so awful as a player. I would re-roll, but it is punishing to do so due to AP, AK, and legendary RNG. I have one role: DPS. I used to bring CC in the form of traps, but that is gone. I used to feel as though I had mobility, but that feeling is also gone. I used to feel as though I could outperform through skill and clever use of mechanics. That feeling is gone, although you do still game fights through positioning to some reward. I do less cleave damage than our Paladin tank, and less single target than most of our similarly geared melee (sometimes as low as 50% if I get unlucky with procs). This is proven out in fights like Ursoc and in Mythic+ to be true of our class in general. We make a lot of that up in many fights through uptime, but once people know the fights better, we will continue to lose that edge. I would not care so much about this, if I felt we were still a great asset to a raid/group, but the following things are almost specifically designed to make me feel like our class fantasy is "Terrible Player". Even the follower Addie alludes to this by shooting random mobs in the world and saying "I'm a REAL hunter, now." Everything about our class feels so much more "derpy" with the new dungeon design. Sidewinders randomly marks targets (through walls and even mountains) that weren't hit by the ability, and cannot be toggled to function in a straight line for single target use. This incentivizes standing in melee to attack (intended?). Barrage hits targets through walls as well as above and below you. This incentivizes standing in front of the group and shooting backwards (intended?)..... but is still not reliable to not pull adds. I got the Blasting cap bracers Legendary, and Bursting Shot can apparently pull both floors of the Kara Opera House. I was actually ported to the audience pit area in the Opera House and away from my group once I got aggro from some of the attendants below one of the first pulls on the balcony section. Later, it pulled 2 floors worth of mobs and Attumen when attacking the 1st group of trash mobs while facing into a corner. In a Maw of Souls, I thought I'd try Volley, as to not pull as many mobs... once again, I was made to be a "huntard." On the topside of the ship, a single volley pulled 2 packs of mobs from below deck as well as hitting the pack it was intended for. They warped through the ship to attack us. Volley also seems to not care about walls. Our best reliable movement speed increase requires us to jump and literally face backwards to disengage forward in what is hopefully the right direction, and then use posthaste to catch up to the rest of the group which is always outpacing me now that the duration of posthaste is shortened. Pets have an ago radius now, and we lack the ability to micro manage their movement enough to prevent them from always avoiding things like the eggs in DHT. (Even as MM, I sometimes pull out a pet for Brez/hero depending on the group comp) And Pet PATHING! - How many times have you guys sent your pet to attack and it just sits there? Or returns to you after a Kill command or /pettattack command to stand by your Side? Even our healing legendaries are almost intended to make us feel derpy. Waste a GCD on a feign to heal (when many other classes seem to have legendaries with healing baked into their normal play) or stand still to heal at a nominal spirit bond-like rate (like the unmoving casters we are, right?) Finally, survival. One of the most convoluted specs there is with one of the least rewarding DPS throughput, especially for AoE. Just let us tank with it already. Rexxar in HotS is not a bad "fantasy" model for that. (They already even have to use Tenacity pets...) Please Like this or Reply if you agree! Perhaps we can get a bit of attention to help "Make Hunter (feel) Great Again!"Enara33 4h
4h What was the reason for 7.1 Nerfs? Mostly talking about PvE here. And MM. It directly affected our Single Target. Which we were already middle of the pack in. Now all 3 hunter specs are in the bottom 4. Apparent to Warcraft logs. Why exactly was this? I am not a cutting edge player who keeps up on all the information to exactly determine why this was. . . But exactly why did they nerf it? And now with all 3 specs being at the bottom I just can't help but think Blizzard has no clue wtf they're doing with the class. Unless I am just missing something?Trilek2 4h
4h 2s pvp surv or mm? What's better in 2s atm?Wârlock0 4h
4h Let's Talk: Part 2 First post hit cap, and we are currently sorting out a bug with increasing post cap limits on the forums, so please use this thread going forward. Thanks! :)Ornyx1797 4h
4h PVP Hunters vs Rogues What do you do? Rogues and Death Knights are really next to impossible for me to combat in any pvp settings. I made a macro to help me attack and disengage to get away from their seemingly endless combo of stuns, saps and blindings. (using BM spec) What spells or techniques do you use to avoid insta-death when you find yourself pounced on or grabbed by one of these classes?Kirapandora23 4h
5h Just to confirm, Feign Death destroyed? According to this, FD no longer breaks casting and doesn't even show you as "dead" to enemy players. Can anyone confirm? I can't play, if this is true, gg blizzard.Galarus13 5h
5h Hati on strike? Anyone else's Hati not even bothering to attack until you hit Kill Command?Alebeard9 5h
6h Viper Sting/Scorpid Sting overnerfs 6 second duration healing debuff that falls off with a hard cast on a 45 second cooldown, can be cured and a half-powered Denounce on a 30 second cooldown, also 6 second duration I thought these stings having a 100% uptime by being on Cobra Shot was the wrong call. I always thought it should be applied with Kill Command for a BM Hunter. MM Hunters had a hard enough time hard casting aimed shot to apply these, and Survival had to be in melee range and use an inferior Raptor Strike to apply it. Please justify these talents being so weak. If they are going to be given these long cooldowns, then they should be stronger. Scorpid Sting should be a Disarm, and Viper Sting should be stronger MS effect, similar to Sharpened Blade that Warriors get. Of all the complaints about PvP, these hunter stings were not among them. These broad and unnecessary nerfs are ridiculous.Alderoth32 6h
6h Capping at ~200k Hello, fellow Hunters. Lately I've been hit with a "low DPS" bug, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've read several posts telling people they need more Mastery, but almost every piece I own has Mastery, totaling to over 9k. I believe I'm competent with my rotation, prioritizing Aimed Shots during Vulnerable windows and refreshing when possible with Marked/SW/Windburst. Logs if it helps: H-Dragons: H Nyth: N Ursoc: N Ilgy'noth: N Elethre: I sincerely appreciate any and all help you can give and thank you all in advance.Lornirdin4 6h
7h Mecha-Bond Imprint Matrix Used this on my hunter when I first logged in, did not get the track mechanical ability. Bug?Khryseis3 7h
7h Barrage Bug Anyone notice that since the patch, if you are elevated above your target, barrage will miss them completely? Intended or no?Illtherian2 7h
7h Hunter the trolled We literally become the new trolled class as everyone laughs at us as we try to kill them. Tanks like locks as we try and kite, insta root us TWICE, then after one disrupt spam chaos bolts to 100-0 us. There is NO way we can out damage anyone in pvp now. Our kiting tools are even worse. As most other dps can burst you down, hunters fighting anything is like fighting a boss. You hope you have a tree, or a poll or something you can try and use to kite and use to LoS them. After this patch though it's next to impossible. My binding shot is so unreliable. My 50% slows are laughed at as all other classes slows are more. My pet most of the time has given up and prefers to stare at the floor over attacking someone.Twinkingqt0 7h
7h Alcaz island still empty...? So I went to Alcaz island in an attempt to get myself a fancy new spider after seeing a few people with them. I get shot off my flying mount when I approach and make the rest of the trek on my waterstrider but once I get there it's still a barren wasteland.....what gives? Is there some sort of quest I need to pick up beforehand? Any insight would be appreciatedLokomachine2 7h
8h Surviving...SV Hunter Thoughts / changes I returned to world of warcraft after a few month break between the extremely painful expansion known as WOD...awaiting for legion to release i was so happy to hear blizzard was adding melee spec to the hunter tree line, but after playing since release ... i am horrified at the lack of thought blizzard put into this spec for pvp. I don't even know where to begin. PLEASE Read fully and truely think about what i am saying. Damage - Mongoose Fury - stacks up to 6 times increasing the damage of mongoose bite / Fury of the eagle by 50% (35% in PVP) per stack. love the concept of this , does not play out so well in Arenas / BGs, the issue being for one, you need at minimum 6 globals of uptime inorder to build JUST the stacks , minimum assuming you have the gods of RNG on your side for reset procs on mongoose bite. Not to mention the duration of the stacks must have been an inside joke for blizzard ( hunters cant finish D: ) seeing how by the time you've gotten lucky enough to reset mongoose bite to reach 6 stacks you now have a solid 1-3 seconds before the stacks reset praying you can get atleast 1-2 , 6 stack strikes in. which brings me to issue number two, the damage of 6 stack mongoose bite/ mongoose fury is pitiful, a huge build up for a whopping 300k strike in pvp? makes zero sense to me. In my opinion, this concept just does not work in pvp. Not with the number of roots, stuns, CCs,and kiting every one has. there just isnt enough uptime in pvp for mechanics like this. specially when the end result is nothing more then turning your damage into that of a NORMAL melee strike from a warrior / DK. Mobility- Harpoon... if i go into this in detail i will pop a blood vessel. i will instead, put an example, i hope you can gather what i am trying to put across. I see a mage, i harpoon to said mage. mage blinks, and slows me. i now spend the next 20 seconds waddling to mage. The Talents given to improve this? Posthate - Harpoon also frees you from movement impairing effects (Slows) and increases your movement by 60% for 5 seconds ( was 8 before nerf). this allows you to be free for a moment after reaching your target. only to have a slow reapplied instantly, or to be rooted. in which case you are left with zero mobility for 20 seconds. Farstrider- 10% chance for your ability critical hits to reset your harpoon CD. Once again requires uptime. if your target gets away from you to fast for any uptime , then you are left once again waddling. Also i will add, this 10% chance feels more like 1%, hardly procs for me even with uptime. Trailblazer - Lol. I cannot even include aspect of the cheetah to this list , it has WAY to long of a cooldown for a NONsnare removing speed buff for a few seconds. literally ... 3 minutes for a slight speed buff that is still affected by snares. what the actual murloc (#$&*) is this? Utility- No stuns. let me make this clear, this is a melee class with ZERO options for a stun. i will now list a "few" melee classes with a stun or an option for a stun. Warrior - Stormbolt / Shockwave Rogue- Cheapshot , kidney shot Ret paladin - Hammer of justice Demonhunter - Green nova stun 5 seconds , methamorphasis 2second stun enhancement shaman- cap totem 5 second stun feral- pounce / maim WW monk - leg sweep / fist of fury Deathknight - Remorseless winter (frost)/ asphyxiate (unholy) Pet stun 2seconds wait a second...that's all the melee in the game...where is survival hunters stun ? A key reason this is important to melee in general is because a stun gives you up time in the form of a gap closer, time to pull off combo burst , or even just to survive by stopping some of the incoming damage you are taking. it is a NEED for ANY melee class. Sticky bomb - 30 second cooldown , 3 second detenation time. for a half !@# knock back? literally looks like i pushed them with all my might...if i was a panzy. Defensives- This is by far the one issue i have the most frustration with, THE MOST frustration. melee have always had one thing over casters. and that is their defensives are desgined to keep them in the mist of the fight keeping uptime on targets for pressure or just positioning reasons, losing pressure / positioning as a melee can put a HUGE dent in your chances of winning. examples of ranged VS melee defensives (just so you have an idea of what i am saying) Castsers Defensives Shadowpriest - Dispersion (unable to attack) , Mage - Iceblock (unable to attack), Hunters BM and MM - Turtle shell - unable to attack (traps are still available) Melee Defensives Warrior - Die by the sword (able to attack / apply pressure) , Rogue - cloak of shadow (able to attck / apply pressure) , Ret paladin - bubble (able to attack / Apply pressure) , WW Monk - Karma ( able to attack / apply pressure) what i am trying to say is melee NEED a way to be defensively aggressive. which is why my mind is blown to see a SURVIVAL hunter, you know...someone who have experience in the field of surviving, have the worst melee defensives i have EVER seen. Turtle shell? makes sense for MM / BM...but why not a damage reduction? or something that allows them to stay in the battle with out having to remove themselves completly out of the fight for 8 seconds ( can be canceled any time) with a 3 minute CD... that was just laziness by blizzard desginers. come up with real defensives for this class, make it unique / diffrent then the same things BM / MM get. make me feel like i am surviving in intense battles at low hp. maybe something like second wind for warriors in prior expansions? or a soul link concept between master and beast (damage being split to the pet) showing us the bond of a survival hunter and his companion. Mending bandage - AWESOME, LOVE IT, IDC IF IT FAILS 90% OF THE TIME . FREAKING AMAZINGLY FUN IN PVP TO USE. one complaint....i understand antibiotics / antivenom in the bandage to remove poisons / diseases. smart guy...but why does my bandage fail to stop the bleeding? i literally just wrapped my wound in bandages and you are telling me it does not remove nor stop BLEEDS????? common man... seriously... ask a 5 yr old why you put a bandage on a cut, and im sure even they will come to the conclusion ...TO STOP THE BLEEDING. I could literally rant for hours about this class. how I would change it , or thoughts id suggest to blizzard for PVP. But i feel like my voice would not be heard... some thoughts i did have however are as followed- Damage - Redesign damage , i have alot of diffrent ideas for this. to many to choose from. one i like is, suggesting the old windwalker stacking brews type system with the mongoose bite stacks, allowing you to choose when to unleash your saved up stacks and burst or for something more simple, reduce maximum number of stacks of mongoose fury to 3 (from 6) each stack increasing damage by 100% ( 70% in pvp). this would just make it easier to get the stacks , instead of having to build up so much. If needed , make it so it only applies in pvp, so it doesnt hurt pve, i am unsure how survival is doing in pve seeing how they have much more uptime in pve then pvp. Sticky Bomb - please make this a stun, i already did the work for you. You stick the target with a bomb when you use the ability for first time. When you press the ability a secondtime, the bomb will go off, stunning the main target for 5 seconds and knocking back all nearby enemies ( A REAL KNOCK BACK) like WOD explosive trap type knock back...OR stick target, press ability again to detenate, stun all targets near the bombed target for 3seconds, an AOE stun. BOOM, OMG A SOLUTION! BTW make camouflage baseline, thats just pety making it a talent. nothing would make me happier then to see a team in arena regrouping and realizing one of their team member has a bomb stuck to their face. and scrambling away from one another. Traps - need more traps (or bombs) . Traps should be the survival hunters version of a batman like utility belt. a trap for any situation, although sharing CDs could make it even more challenging to decide which trap to use. while on the topic of traps, one last side note- the talent Steel Trap, please dont make it REPLACE freezing trap. just have it share a CD with Freezing trap. this will allow you options. of DAMAGE or control. kind of what i was getting at with the whole trap rant. Anyways, i have vented enough to now log back on my hunter and get repeatidly kicked from groups and destroyed in BGs by every other class.. why? because even if i get 1 kill for every 10 deaths... i will be satisfied knowing i am the true underdog of world of warcraft and refusing to back down. Thank you so much for reading this and i hope to catch the attention of Blizzard GMs or even someone from the PVP development team. People may disagree with me. but this is my honest opinion for this spec. I truely do love it and hope to see some changes soon. Thank you again. Happy Hunting. My experience in World of warcraft PVP - Arena Master 2.2k - 2.4k from Cata - WoD. 2.5k being my highest achieved rating. This all varies from diffrent classes - Warrior / Priest / Shaman / Hunter / Mage ETC.Trophyhunter0 8h
8h HCT LXII: I like dogs. Wanted to post in the other chat thread, saw it hit the post limit so decided to make the next one. Anyway, to start this off, my brother and his wife are visiting this weekend. And more importantly, they are bringing their corgi, Luna, with them!Lazyguide299 8h
8h Hunters - what a mess For the love of hunters blizzard what the hell have you done to hunters??? My 2 year old can actually play it while sitting on my knee with 1 hand they are so dull now.... Why?? Just why?? They weren't even broken to begin with.Naethrorn1 8h
8h About the 7.1 Marksmanship nerf... It's actually a substantial buff if you don't use Patient Sniper. That's probably why they nerfed Aimed Shot a bit. However, all the Marksmen are using Patient Sniper right now.Kathucka7 8h
9h Way of the Cobra fixed? Tests done on stormwind dummy. No armor. Cobra Shot no Pets: 48 588 Cobra Shot Dire Beast: 52 477 (8% increase) Cobra Shot with Pet + Hati: 56 364 (16% increase) Cobra Shot with Pet + Hati, Dire Beast: 60 250 (24% increase) Previous tests showed that Hati didn't contribute to Way of the Cobra, but now it appears that it does.Sim2 9h
10h Survival Hunter - Getting kicked from groups? Just coming on here to vent momentarily. Since the drop of the latest patch, I've been enjoying the smashy fun times of levelling a survival hunter. I'm pleased with the move around of certain skills, so you have javelin at a lower level, and progress is smooth. But I do have to ask, because this just happened to me, have any low level survival hunters been kicked from dungeon groups purely because they are playing survival? Or did I just run into a bunch of complete infants? I mean I can possibly understand being kicked from a high-end raid... because reasons. But I'm bloody level 37... and I got kicked from Uldaman. It's why I want duelling to be available in random dungeon groups. So I can challenge players like the ones I had in my dungeon to a round of pvp and give them a solid thrashing for their attitude.Ainvar29 10h
10h hunter stuff 10h
10h So umm...BM viable to play? I got Legion last week, my BM is at level 104. But I'm hearing (and seeing) that BM is garbage for both PVE and PVP. MM - is now a caster (lol what?!) Survival - is now a melee (lol WHAT!?) This leaves BM as the only ranger/archer (instant attacks on the move) rpg style archetype. Should I just quit? It's the only Archetype I had interest in playing.Robojezus16 10h