Hunter

Oct 10, 2012 We need less not more! So all hunter specs have gotten a 5min cd(can you use it in arena?) ,and a cd reseter. This game needs less of these not more. Spells like this are hard to balance ,and not fun to use! I know hunters have wanted to have more than one pet out at a time ,but I don't think anyone wanted it like this! Maybe instead of our pets learning that "increases your pets damage by 50%" thing we could have gotton "you summon a second pet that does half damage last until killed". Idk anything would be better than another huge cd getting put into the game. As for readiness it should have been removed instead of given to all 3 specs! They could have lowered our cds slightly instead ,but now bm has this busrt everone is qqing amount. This will probly lead to a massive over nerf to bm....Tostronk5 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Autoshot When Targeting Hey all, I've been having autoshot issues since the xpac. Sometimes when I target a mob, even a few seconds after killing another, my autoshot goes off. The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke, second time was in a dungeon where I targeted a mob to md to the tank and boom! there goes my autoshot so I ended up pulling. Fortunately the tank was cool about it. I have my interface options set to Stop Auto Attack but it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone else having this problem and if so, how are you handling it?Tygerlilly2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 BM class spec macros and BM+MM talent macros? what kind of macros should I have for BM class spec and BM+MM talents? tell me any you know.Ascha1 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Hunter Damage Yea, its way too high. Nerfing this would definately bring more balance into pvp. With or without resil, getting hit for 65% (190k) of my life in one hit, is a tab much :)Khanner158 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Sustained raid damage is too low Hunter burst is too high, but once that burst is gone, our sustained damage is too low. DKs, Locks and Mages are putting out crazy numbers right now sustaining 65-75k dps easily. Warriors too once the boss has low health and can spam execute. Maybe its just me... but I don't think so as the other hunters in my guild who are similarly geared are hitting the same plateau around 48-52k buffed/flasked raid dps and that just doesn't cut it on fights with soft enrage timers.Veltor9 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Low DPS help Any advice to raise my DPS? I'm leveling this hunter and my dps is always the lowest in dungeons, even when I'm the highest level. It's pathetic and I'm embarrassed. lol. I don't know what to do. I know that I'm still a low level and things change as I level, but it's been continuous like this from the start. I drink battle elixir to up my agility. And I have even enchanted a few pieces of gear for more agility. The drop rates for mail gear is so low in dungeons and when I do need on something I end up losing to someone else, so I resort to getting gear from the AH. Any tips on rotation? I've looked at noxxic.com and I have been following the advice there. I know the advice there is more for level 90 but I've still been applying it as I get new spells. Thanks...Billié3 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 PvE Marksman Rotation Hello fellow Hunters! Im having a tough time keeping up DPS in Marks spec. I can break down my rotation for you. Pre combat: Hunters Mark / Tank MD'd Fight begins: Murder of Crows / Stampede / Rapid Fire While boss is 90%+: Aimed Shot / Steady Shot 89% - 20%: Readiness / Murder of Crows / Rapid Fire / Serpent Sting / Chimera / Arcane Shot (focus dump) / Steady Shot (focus regain and Haste boost) / Aimed Shot (as often as proc) 20%: Kill Shot / Chimera / Arcane Shot / Steady Shot / Aimed Shot My DPS drops while Chimera is on CD and if Arcane Shot doesn't proc the reduced focus cost. I'm forced to fall back on Steady Shot and if I pop one Steady shot I want to do it twice for the Haste buff. Sometimes I even find myself cutting off Chimera Shot to squeeze in a second Steady Shot. Really only have two options while Chimera is on CD, Arcane or Steady depending on Focus. How are you guys managing this? I'm seeing other classes easily milking 35K+ and I'm struggling for 28K. As far as gear goes I've been focusing on keeping my Hit and Expertise up and letting everything else fall where it may.Gunnjah13 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 What pvp pet should I use as BM I am new to the Hunter and I am looking for a pet that is good for pvp at 90 that I can get while leveling. Anyone have any good pets or bad pets I am willing to listen to any recommendations on this topic.Deviter2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 pvp human hunter trinkets Last season, rogues were using double on use pvp trinkets so that everytime when they shadowdance, they will have an active trinket with it. This season, shud human hunter use 2 on use pvp trinkets since BW is in 1min cd and everytime we use BW we have an active trinket too?Enzos0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Hunter leveling rotation Hey I haven't been on my hunter since they had mana and looks like a lot has changed.... BM seems to be the dominant spec now but what about the rotation for leveling I'm level 62 right now.Hindusloveme6 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Need Help Which Spec/ Pet for leveling Need Help Which Spec/ Pet for leveling. Got my Toon level 28 hunter. If i was going Grind Dungeons Which best spec / petScar6 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 If i was going Grind Dungeons Which best spec If i was going Grind Dungeons Which best spec for Hunters and Hunter pet. My Hunter is Level 28Scar5 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Hunter Macro Help So i want to create some macros for my traps. I want to have a set of macros that activates trap launcher before activating the trap and I want a set of macros that cancels trap launcher before activating the trap. /cast trap launcher /cast snake trap /cancelaura trap launcher /cast snake trap I want to keybing all of the trap launcher activating ones so when i do the keybinding, i shoot it and when i click the button, i drop it. Well i made the trap launcher activating macro and it seems to create a global cooldown and do nothing with the trap which is wierd because trap launcher doesnt activate gcd. Now that i think about it, this wouldnt work out because the ones that are supposed to activate trap launcher would cancel it half the time -_-. Trap launcher is helpful but annoying at the same time. Can anyone help me with this?Daudelus6 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Hunter or dk? im looking to level fast and do well in pve and pvp which of these two classes is a better option?Eclypto3 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Even if we get nerfed Not sure we will or not.... but even if we do... it was finally a great breath of air to see people coming on our forums to complain rather then the other way around...... I'm sorry but after 7-8 years with a small breath (season 5 double Bwrath anyone... well yeah now its back anyway) of relief... it feels good to do the LOL !@#$ WE ARE FINE posts... EVEN if we arent... Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot.. doesnt it??? and this isnt me saying DONT NERF us or WE ARENT OP.... I really do not care at if we are or are not OP... All im talking about is if we get nerfed it will not end the satisfaction i have gained from watching this forum explode... I also think its even funnier that this is the quickest reaction the community has had to a class... i mean 2-3 weeks into the XPAC and PVP is just starting .... Think about how long other classes went "Broken" for.... And i literally chalk it up to what ive said in other threads..... its not that we are SUPER OMFG OP..... its that we went from being an easy kill/win to giving people trouble..... and people dont like change.... people dont like having to re-wire their brain to see hunters as a bunch of pointy hurty objects flying at them.... instead of a giant turkey leg waiting to be munched on..... ------------------------------ ONCE AGAIN I DO NOT CARE IF WE DO OR DO NOT GET NERFED..... I JUST CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE CAME OUT OF THE WOODWORK MEANWHILE SOMETHING LIKE SEASON 5-6 RET PALADINS CAN GO ON FOR 5 MONTHS........ ---------------------------------- please respond with a bunch of HUNTERS NEED NERF posts because you didnt read (as usual)Vertoxis6 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Is spirit beast heal dead? I just know the tooltip for mine is showing tiny numbers like 3000.Daudelus1 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Calling all main hunters its been 2 weeks since panda launched and still were the worst prolonged dps in pve BM burst still hits like a truck but if you not in arena what use is it well i say this to u currently there are about 275000 subscribers that play hunters as there mains i wonder how long blizz would take to respond if we boycoted the game for a month im not asking to be OP im asking to not be 15-35k behind on fights against hybrid dps classes let alone pure dps classes honestly i dont expect anyone to follow me on this but that said if 275000 ppl stop paying for 1 month blizard stand to lose 4mil which i hope would be enough for them to take noticeTyragonbeast23 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 BM Damage This is not going to be a *oMfG Hunterss so OPPPPP* type of thread. However, I really want to address hunter damage/healing right now, seeing as how the majority of you believe it's fine. First of all, BM damage is not fine. Honestly, you cannot look at the damage BM is putting out and say everything is working as intended. I know I'm a mage and frost bomb does hit hard, but that doesn't make it okay for hunters to do the same tard damage as well. Both BM and frost bomb need nerfed. Second, spirit mend needs nerfed. Along with stampede a hunter can get 5 mends up at the same time, all healing for 10k every 2 secs. Hunters should not be able to heal to full as if they have a restoration druid healing them. Mage's do have evocate, but I have to channel that spell, hunters still get to run around and CC/damage while healing. My two cents, please don't flame me for my opinion. No, I'm not making this because I just lost to a hunter. I'm making this because hunters are making arena impossible to have fun in.Çhillz21 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 STAMPEDE what do you guys think are the best 4 extra pets for it?Johnboss9 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Please help my dps Ive gotten a hunter to 90 started playing a few months ago and i still feel like im missing something. I dont think im doing nearly as much dps as some of the other hunters out there. When i run dungeons im always getting last or 3rd on the dps and need to know what im doing wrong. I bm use dire beast murder of crows and barrage. I try to use arcane and kill command as much as possible and can do alrite if im standing still but when i have to run around bosses i get distracted. In pvp i have a very hard time killing people it seems as soon as i start damaging them they put up a shield or heal themselves and i run out of focus and they kill me in a few hits. Experienced hunters please pimp my ride.Fearnet12 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 WTB Blue response on Blackguard Cape Hello, I was curious if anyone can tell me the Blackguard Cape offered by the shado-pan had ever required an Honored standing with them? Farmed the hozen peace pipe to boost myself over that threshold, and now it says Revered... could've swore it said honored, though. Which standing was the unintended one?Bloodnickel0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Beast Mastery. Please stop asking for Nerfs. Half of you won't even read the rest of this and just read the title and go "ZOMG You just want to be OP." Simply who doesn't BUT, I agree the damage is insane, and it SHOULDN'T be happening, but it's not nerfs that we need. It's a fix. Right now pets are punching through resil. They aren't hitting too hard, they aren't hitting too fast, they are hitting you through resil. Asking for Blizzard to tone down the damage is not going to help. You know why? Because they will tone down the pet damage so that it is where it should be THEN fix the resil issue. What happens then you ask? They won't buff the pet damage back after the resil fix. Meaning pets will hit for damn near nothing and we will be back to the season 5 or 6 way of looking at pets; missiles that get sent in to die, or that will stay by our side only to give the buffs and the snare breaks. It pains me that we are broken it truly does. Am I having fun murdering everyone I come across? Yes, and if you say you aren't then to each his own. Is it fun catching a mage and blowing him up? Yes. Is it fun catching a rouge and blowing him up? Yes. (they deserve it for BC and last season) BUT let me reiterate, I DO think the class needs to be fixed, but once again the fix is not nerfing it. The real fix is fixing the pet going through resil. After that if hunters need to be nerfed we'll go from there. BUT PLEASE for the love of Cthulhu stop asking for nerfs before this fix happens. I am a long time Beast Master player I have always loved the spec, in fact I love it so much go check out my pets.... that's right I tracked down every single spirit beast. I really don't want to see my favorite spec nerfed back to WOTLK style. I know that's not what people are asking for but do you really think Blizzard knows how to softly nerf things? No they nerf it hard, and dirty. Edit: Just read Ghostcrawlers tweet. This is what happens. He's worried about Hunter burst but Warriors maybe? Also he is saying the answer may be not allowing all of our CD to be popped at once? How about fixing the resilience issue? Nah that would be too much work.Aylward0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Ancient Hysteria doesnt reset after a wipe Pretty much the title!Bledwarf1 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 BM hunter glitch there is a glitch for BM hunters right now that causes them to kill any enemy they attack in PvP within 3 secondsMusicxd7 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 You BM Hunters... Which class/spec defeats you guys in 1v1?Newest6 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Dear Blizzard Can we get some symmetrical shoulders for once?? Who the hell is designing hunter gear that they feel the need to make one shoulder pad look cool and then then have the other one be lamer than Stephan Hawking? Am I alone in thinking this?!?! Fix please. /endrantDirektiv10 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Soft cap haste Whats our soft cap for haste atm? Is it even reachable? If not should i just reforge crit over haste atm? Playing Survival spec atm.Dannyboone2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Need some help everyone! Alright well to make this short, because I can go on and on and on. I just got to 90, tried Spec'ing/Geming/Reforging best I could, etc etc. But when it comes to DMG in dungeons I'm not doing so hot here. I'm usually tied in last place or IF I'm lucky i'll hit 2nd place in the meters but that's about it. So my question was this, does everything look right on my profile gear list as it is at the moment? My rotation consist of SS, KC, my CD's and CS to reset SS and when I'm not doing that just AS? I don't quite understand FF? I heard not to use it when I use my CD's, so I pop it afterward but it's only up for 19s or something? Anyway, sorry for the nubbish questions but I was just wondering if anyone here could help me out? I would appreciate it, thanks. ÐraxÐrax5 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Solo Boast Thread At 88 I just solo'ed Omnis Grinlok http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50805 He droped his Golden Fleece /danceWintersgrace6 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 BM PvP Regards Beautifly180 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 BUFF US! were to weak BM HUNTERS DO NO DMG! Let us kill shot whenever we want and buff kill command dmg by at least 100%, should fix the problemHeldrock3 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Aimed Shot & TSA Here's a new sniping idea. i would like to know what you think about this? it pretty much takes the power from chimera shot to do its extra damage from far, or from close. but if you have any questions that will challenge this idea, give it a try, so far im 99% sure that it's flawless. mainly cause i can't try it... [ true shot aura ] casting hunter's mark while at full focus activates TSA which allows the hunter to shoot AimS up to 65 yards away. TSA also doubles AimS' focus cost, casting time, and its critical strike damage. If AimS crits under TSA, ChimS begins a 10 sec CD, if it doesn't crit the next ChimS within 10 secs will cost no focus instead. (the buff for this effect is displayed as Resistance is Futile) TSA lasts while you have 100 focus and are standing still. only the range from TSA takes effect when AimS is fired with 3 stacks of MMM procs.Farsightrx6 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 our pets Do absolutely nothing we want them to do lately, anyone else see this?Shàd0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 IF you going to nerf my hunter .... Just bring back the damage to my shots such as cobra and steady explosive I dont care about bm 4.3 hunters where fine being a non cd using class all I ask for is to go back to not being a CD base class. if it means it sucks for pvp so be it. AND BRING MARKSMEN PVP /PVE BACK :)Micheljföx0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 for pvp are you pvp bm hunters choosing powershot or glaive toss?Imarkedyou0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 best pve hunter dps spec? Heyy atm im beast mastery and im pulling like 30k to 40k dps in a raid finder so i was wondering ...... what is the best pve spec for dps????? and what ever it is whats its rotation, talents and glyphs.Goaran0 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 "Hear's the Stampede dixie horn" Thinks to alter time, oh wait I'm silencing shot..1.5 secs go by Im at 35% realizing I should of just insta blocked. *Try's to run behind the pillar..nvm pet's finish me off. Yay.Xzilence10 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Regarding disarms So, correct me if I'm wrong, but since hunters can't equip melee weapons now, does that mean that we have to put up with 10 second disarms forever now?Restohunter2 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Hydras as pets Think they will make the hydras tameable in the future? or do we need a petition to them tameable?Shockwaver0 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 What level do pets get their special ability? I have tamed a few different pets and none of them have their special abilities yet (lvl 10). What level do pets get their buff / debuff? E.g Hyena 10% haste.Ganjin2 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Whats the PvE spec these days? I havent kept up much on hunters since all my time had to go into my main, so any info would be fantabulous :D Is it worth lvling my hunter? I have 85 lock I could lvl as well if I wanted..but..mehEspeon6 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Spirit Beasts Anyone else getting really frustrated over the AMOUNT of people going after 1 spawn every 1 week it feels like? Any news that I'm not aware of on the spawn timers going down to the hours? or anything?Lïon1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 What pet effects to chose? Hello. So IIRC all pets do the same DPS, yes? if spec'd into the same tree, but some, or all? Give out specific abilities So far I run with 4 pets, like all. A wolf, 5% crit. another wolf (cause it looked bad-!@# YEAH!) A tiger, 3k Mastery. and a Turtle, for when I want to tank Now that dungeons simplified the group buff window that shows what you're mission and what you're not, its easy for me to know What i need / don't need. So when we got 5% crit, I chose my tiger for the 3k mastery, and vice versa However sometimes I run into a group that has both of those buffs, so I just chose my cooler looking pet However I am wondering what other pets are there that are actually useful to us that I should be going with as a Survival hunter when there is both crit and master in the groupTrillon8 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Dismissing Pet I was just doing LFR. We were on Feng, and when the fight started the gate went up to close the area and my pet was locked out. I couldn't dismiss him and bring him back because he was out of line of sight. So he sat there for the entire fight. I wasn't able to Bestial Wrath or anything else involving him. I pulled around 22k dps lol. Obviously it's my fault for not getting him closer before the fight. I was just wondering what the justification is of not letting us dismiss pets when they are out of line of sight?Argantes1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Need a BM PvP spec Hi guys, I am looking to pvp as bm and need cannot come up with a good spec, stats and what stats to reforge. I have been looking and people are all over the board with their stats and I just don't know what I should be looking for now. Any help is appreciated.Sniper0 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 keep the size of the tamed beast please sometimes i see a big beast, like a large bear, not giant like a rare monster or a boss, but it looks cool. but after i tamed it, its size shrink and it's like only halved the size. it;s like i am having a little teddy bear. it doesnt look cool any more. i want to have a big bear or a big tiger.Viágro4 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Buff hunters Lets have readiness reset stampede. It would help our crap pve dpsLegonds16 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Why? Seriously man, Getting sick and tired of having hunters pull mobs for me when I can do it myself just fine. Also please, for the love of f'in god, turn off your pet's growl and threatening presence. I'm ok with you stampede pulling mobs, but for me to be having to taunt off your pet every 8 secs coz your pet taunting is annoying. Same goes for when you guys feel the need to pull for me when I'm not asking to. Stop giving you're class a bad rep. Stop being huntards and start being hunters.Leokoles17 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Mistake Hello everyone. I'm sure you've seen hundreds of posts on this, but I really want to level my hunter to 90 and main it for pve and pvp alike, but am skeptical. Is our pve dps really as bad as everyone claims? Also, is there likely going to be a nerf bat for us that kills our dps even more? I hear BM is very OP at the moment, but pve wise, as that is my primary focus, are we that bad, or is it more of a L2P kind of thing? Many thanks.Demonborn10 Oct 9, 2012