Hunter

Sep 16, 2011 Why do you hate your pet? I've seen TONS of pleas for a ranger spec that removes the pet from the equation. I have to ask.. why? As Surv or MM, your pet isn't a giant deal anyway. Yeah, losing them is a dps loss, but you aren't gimped like BM (which you wouldn't play if you didn't enjoy the pet anyway). I'd rather them make another class entirely; if you were to remove the pet from one of the trees, and that tree ended up being the spec capable of the most damage, the pet-friendly hunters are forced to either play without, or be denied raid spots. I am beyond baffled.Cozzene25 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Ruthless Gladiator's Chain Helm My condolences.Grinner12 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 a new hunter ability i kinda wish that hunters had eyes of the beast back cuz that ability was fun as heck, but you have your reasons i suppose. i'd really like to have an ability to somewhat merge the hunter and pet as a team.....other than the "Lacking" pet bar. like it could be a new kind of eyes of the beast effect (which was great) called [Training Payoff] that would allow the hunter to go into a stasis and/or camouflage state (much like a combo between [Feign Death] and whatever the mage's ice block is called. MEANWHILE... it also gives a buff that affects the pet's damage, increasing it for a time (maybe 9 seconds or so) WHEREIN you then are able to control your pet via siege-engine/transformation mechanic. and you get to use the pets buffed abilities (and possibly some special ones) to attack the foe......I know this would be "Expensive" and require reworking of certain, or be it many pet abilities, this would be a fantastic ability that would make hunter class that much more fun to play. I wouldn't care if this was BM specific or come out a year from now, but it would make for a great experience.Altonel1 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Help with haste I need help understanding about haste. People say i have to much haste and some say i need more im so lost .i read that i need 1850 and others told me that i need 1250. Maybe im not understanding the numbers/stats the sites i have been too. So im looking for some help from the others hunters with there tips. ty http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Darksparda/simpleDarksparda2 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Taming Beast I porpose that when a hunte ris tamng a beast that it makes the beast un able to be attacked for the period that it is being tamedTrylania9 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Quick Question http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nkspaf50boc2ut6m/sum/damageDone/?s=11680&e=11998 All I ask is, 16% crit rate on Chimera shot, 30% lower than expected, why is that? I even had a 28% chance for Shannox. Any thoughts are appreciated. P.S. Yes we had 4 pugs that night.Giggitey0 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Suggestion: Pathfinding I think hunters could use a class only effect that is useful on both level, pvp, and pve. However it cannot be so powerful that hunters are a must have. My suggestion is to change the effect of Pathfinding Pathfinding Rank x/2 The hunter increases movement speed of party members within 40yards by 6/12%. Does not stack with other effects.Barash0 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 ./cry WTB viper sting. oh how i miss you....Gulazza5 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 DPS for BM All I hear is how bad DPS is for BM spec. So it got me worried. As of now when I do heroics I usually place 2nd or 3rd on Damage. Right now my gear score is something like 350 and my DPS is 12k. Will probably be more when I adjust Cobra into rotation and take Steady out (I know Im an idiot) So is 12k okay for my gear rating. And what should I aim for as I get better gear?Patronus6 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Hunter Title I made a thread similar to this about a year ago and it got some relatively positive feedback, aside from the occasional troll and "you're a special snowflake" responses. My proposal is this: To those who completed the quest chains for Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers, and Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers a title should be given. This title would simply add " of the Ancient Keepers" after their name For example: Klazmaunt of the Ancient Keepers. Similar titles that are relative to their class could be given to priests who obtained Anathema\Benediction, and Paladins and Warlocks who did their mount quests and have the FoS. These weapons were not an extremely HARD thing to get, which is why I don't propose a Feat of Strength. It took perserverence and planning and skill to do, however, and I think a little bit of entitlement should be given to us Hunters, Priests, Warlocks, and Paladins who worked hard in Vanilla. To those naysayers who say "You have the weapons that's good enough." I simply say this, What do you lose by us having this nice title? Interested in feedback, Thanks! edit: tl;dr We're special snowflakes and we want a nifty title. ThanksKlazmaunt12 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Help with weapon choice, lvl 43 I am having a lot of fun with my hunter. I'm not 43 yet and I've messed around getting the best gear I could find and I still have exp turned off. I can even kill lvl 57 Helboars ha ha. Anyway, I was about to turn my exp back on to play bg's but then I came across a confusing subject. The Precisely Calibrated Boomstick for lvl 43 may suck in comparison to other ranged. I had planned on using it. The Precisely Calibrated Boomstick is 14 agility, 64-75 dm, and 1.5 speed. I currently have the Ancient Bone Bow, 8 agility, 77-144 dm, 2.8 speed. My question is, should I go for the Stoneshatter crossbow? It has 5 agility, 92-139 dm, and is 2.9 in speed. Lot more damage, really slow. It appears to me, with the calculations I found, it is better by far. I am estimating 2.5 Ranged Damage per agility point plus the min/max Damage. Is this fairly accurate? The only reason I ask is that it may take me an entire night to get the crossbow however, I am wanting to maximize this character without using heirlooms. Thanks Denarrodaro0 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 All shots while moving with a catch One major problem for hunters is being pillared in pvp, i think that hunters should be able to use all shots while moving, but if its casted while moving it has a higher chance to miss. i.e hit cap is 5% if fired while moving it has an additional 5% chance to miss. This will make hunters want more hit, sacrificing other stats thus making it not op but balanced, idk it just makes sense food for thought discuss.Kanà7 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 I'm pretty sure my DPS is subpar. Any tips? I'm in BM right now but you can still see my MM spec. I just got 2pc T12 so I'm not sure if how much that'll up my dps but I know right now I'm not doing what I should be. I can pull around 22k~23k which I'm sure is not as high as it could be. As far as reforging/gems I'm pretty sure I have everything down right. My rotation is of course 90%+ Keeping improved Steady shot up while using Aimed shot and chimera shot just to refresh Serpent Sting. After that I've been using CS on CD followed by SSx2, ASx2, chimera shot, repeat. Replacing AS with improved AiS. I've found that with a 10second cd on CS I can stick that AS right before CS or use my improved AiS there. Should I just switch to the 9 second glyph? :SPruney5 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Pls help me :( My char have a skill : Black Arrow, dealing 12885 shadow damage. But, i just can deal 437 damage every 3 seconds. I dont know why, and i asked GM but he dont know. Pls help me, thanksEwane4 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 What is the hit rating for pvp bm 5%? and what is the spell pen cap?Chald2 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 BM Pvp glyphs Can someone look at my glyphs and see what I should exchange. What are some must have glyphs that most don't have.? Mostly for 2's arena thanks for your help. I researched it but opinions vary.Badshots0 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Hunter PvP is broken I was doing some super serious non rated random BGs when a mage jumped me when I was reading the QQ on the forums. I summoned my pet, which he one shotted. I tried to revive my pet but I couldn't because of the 10 second cast time. Since he was in my deadzone I was looking at the other 4 pets I had and was disappointed. You see, I've been camping some rare pet forever and some !@#$%^- went and killed it while I was trying to tame it! Blizzard needs to fix this! In any case, the mage easily killed me because he stood in my deadzone. I rezzed and noticed my pet bar was missing. *sigh*. So while dismissing and summoning my pet I noticed how hunters are yet again bottom of the pure dps classes. What ever happened to to the hybrid tax? Just as I resummoned my pet a rogue popped and one shotted it and went ahead and killed me. I'm thinking at the point that blizzard should just change the BM tree to let us tank so I never have to come back to Pvp. I died a few more times and just went ahead and /afk'ed out after I saw that a rogue was the top healer in the BG. At that point I was informed there was a rare up that I didn't have so I went to look at my stables - we need more slots. I did notice one pet wasn't right after summoning - the one that I was able to tame due to glitches and other random stuff that is beyond my understanding. Why doesn't blizzard know that we simply need more stable slots? I got to the rare mob but noticed I was still pvp flagged and saw a rogue stealthed around me. I went for my volley. Oh crap. Maybe I can use eyes of the beast...wait a minute...I forgot blizzard nerfed fun. He got in my deadzone and killed me. At that point I thought how nice it would be if I could ride my pet to safety while looking at the gun on my back. Sometimes I wonder if any of the developers even play hunters as their mains.Drunkraven9 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 PvP Gearing Question Good evening folks! Just a couple of questions about how I should proceed with gearing up with PvP. If you look at my armory page, you can see that I have Tier 12 gloves and pants. Would you folks think it be best to keep those for PvP, and replace them if/when I have enough Conquest points for the upper tier PvP gear, or should I just go ahead and grab the pants and gloves right now, losing stats, but gaining resil. Also, Pyrium Weapon Chain. I'm seeing a lot of hunters rolling around with this. Should I be grabbing it instead of the Agility enchant? Thanks much!Amarésta2 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Hunters...Y U NO HAPPY?! C'mon guys, We've got 3 specs, Don't like using your pet? go MM. don't like relying on your bow? go BM. Like both? GO SV! we don't need a buff, what most people are looking for is the: "Make hunterz OP again blizzz or ima Quit!!!111!" And please...stop complaining about minimum range. we have a large arsenal of instant cast heavy hitters. enemy to close? Kill command, Trap, Smack em w/ your weapon and then Disengage and move on... i'm not talking about PvE here. Min. range sucks w/ PvE....deal with it. we can't top the charts every time.Cannazime31 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Where do I go to find a good hunter? 7Laetitiia28 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Make Suggestions For My Hunter I just did some reforging last night and was wondering what kind of critiques you have for me? What kind of gear should I be going after, how is my reforging job, etc.?Fatheroflies0 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 So how do I look? So my little hunter is 85 and I'm starting to gear her for some pugging. I've been collecting gear here and there in hopes of maybe being able to jump into Firelands by next week. I've been following the stickies on the forums in terms of gemming and reforging, but was confused by the haste bits so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Am I doing it right? I'll be running as Survival and while I know it's not the best spec currently, it's the one I am most comfortable with. Issues I am aware of: my belt has no socket because I am getting the crafted one today and don't want to spend the money to socket my current one. I have no shoulder enchant because I'm still in the process of unlocking the Therazane quests. I should also be getting the valor bracers this week, so pay no attention to the ones I have on. Same for the neck. That is next on the list after the bracers. I am a little over hit cap, but cannot forge any off without being under. A question about reforging: The sticky talked all about reforging haste off into crit and mastery, but being that crit is better than mastery, should I be looking into forging excess mastery into crit? Should I just leave it alone?Slapfight14 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 haste and arena How much haste should a hunter have for 1800+ arena?Ihuntyoudie9 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Bad dps Item lvl 362 All gems and enchants ive gotten off hunter websites for best in slot gear, etc.. No matter what rotation i try, what spec i try, I cannot get my dps above 13k. I dont get it and im getting really frustrated!Lovelylips19 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 More feedback. Main thread is at post limit. ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] I want to do raids, but time constraints make heroics more practical for me. ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Slow pet switching is the main issue. It's also a major suspension of disbelief issue the way some pet debuffs work with out doing damage. Lava to the face = a cast slow? Flame breath or lightning = take more damage from other stuff, but not these moves? ■What makes playing your class more fun? Pulling off wins as the last person standing in an instance. Not that I like others dying, but the ability to psuedo pet tank when needed and pull off a win when otherwise we'd have wiped is nice. ■What makes playing your class less fun? SLOW pet recovery when a pet dies. And slow pet switch out. ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Not too bad, but I wish the BM "Nuke" wasn't a move all three specs had and a different spec had the best talent for. ■What’s on your wish list for your class? Actual tanking as a role for BM hunters. Otherwise our tenacity pets have no use outside of leveling, or the worm has minor AoE use, but that's a lot of pet models wasted in the end game. Also faster pet switching and making trap launcher a toggle and a glyph to make it fire at your current target. ■What spells do you use the least? Probably the nature aspect unless there's a major need to survive over doing damage, and that need is survive vs nature damage. I sometimes pop it in the zul zones when I'm running to green cauldrons and can't aim at the enemy anyway.,■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] I want to do raids, but time constraints make heroics more practical for me. ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Slow pet switching is the main issue. It's also a major suspension of disbelief issue the way some pet debuffs work with out doing damage. Lava to the face = a cast slow? Flame breath or lightning = take more damage from other stuff, but not these moves? ■What makes playing your class more fun? Pulling off wins as the last person standing in an instance. Not that I like others dying, but the ability to psuedo pet tank when needed and pull off a win when otherwise we'd have wiped is nice. ■What makes playing your class less fun? SLOW pet recovery when a pet dies. And slow pet switch out. ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Not too bad, but I wish the BM "Nuke" wasn't a move all three specs had and a different spec had the best talent for. ■What’s on your wish list for your class? Actual tanking as a role for BM hunters. Otherwise our tenacity pets have no use outside of leveling, or the worm has minor AoE use, but that's a lot of pet models wasted in the end game. Also faster pet switching and making trap launcher a toggle and a glyph to make it fire at your current target. ■What spells do you use the least? Probably the nature aspect unless there's a major need to survive over doing damage, and that need is survive vs nature damage. I sometimes pop it in the zul zones when I'm running to green cauldrons and can't aim at the enemy anyway.Zoerosa1 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Let hunters turn into a fire kitty Hunter's definitely should be able to transform in to a fire cat. Make it so it only does it when we use Aspect of the cheetah (not pack). This way, it's only used for traveling, and mostly a vanity thing. Nebro25 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Hunter Class Feedback Response What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both ( I have stopped PVP recently since the "great hunter php nerf" [Cata]) If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All of it. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All of it. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? • Minimum Range - remove it, change it, it's absolutely the WORST hunter issue at the moment. • Stable slots - the addition was great, but it's really not enough. Get types for buffs, rare pets, you just run out of room way to fast. Honestly, it needs to be doubled at the minimum. • Pet health when summoned is 0. (Summon pet, oh, he's 1-shot, that's not fun). What makes playing your class more fun? • PETS. PETS. PETS. They make everything better. • The ability to "solo" content with your pet. What makes playing your class less fun? • Minimum Range. • Lack of a damage reduction or self heal. • Trap Launcher - the idea is nice, but it just doesn't work. • Pet Health "bug". (0 health when summoned). How do you feel about your “rotation”? • It's pretty good. Would be nice for BM to have another "shot" in the rotation.. • Focus seems to regen a little slow. What’s on your wish list for your class? • DRAGON PET. (would like to request that the skin is like that of Sindragosa or Malygos). • SHARK PET. (not land shark, just to be summoned when in the water). • Dual-Wield Pistols. (maybe they are only used to eliminate the minimum range). • More swords, axes with hunter stats - no more staffs. • Choose your Move - Choose 1 move from any other class. (would be a great Hallow's End idea if it can't be a permanent feature) • Quest Checklist - give quests a number so you can figure out which ones your missing. (Did you do all the hunter quests?) • Long-range sniper. 1 shot, long CD, but the ability to 1 shot if you hit em between the eyes. If a rogue can sneak up on a hunter….a hunter needs to be able to sneak up on a rogue. • Hunting Season - hunter's get a buff during this time of year, increased dps, or faster flying or mount speed, or maybe even faster focus regen. What spells do you use the least? • Aspect of the Wild, Beast Lore, Feed Pet, Eagle Eye, Distracting Shot, Immolation Trap. • Widow Venom is not used as much - but could be a valuable PVP spell if it had a bigger bite and minimum range wasn't such an issue.Sonicross1 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Class Feeback.....part 2 What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both ( I have stopped PVP recently since the "great hunter php nerf" [Cata]) If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All of it. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All of it. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? • Minimum Range - remove it, change it, it's absolutely the WORST hunter issue at the moment. • Stable slots - the addition was great, but it's really not enough. Get types for buffs, rare pets, you just run out of room way to fast. Honestly, it needs to be doubled at the minimum. • Pet health when summoned is 0. (Summon pet, oh, he's 1-shot, that's not fun). What makes playing your class more fun? • PETS. PETS. PETS. They make everything better. • The ability to "solo" content with your pet. What makes playing your class less fun? • Minimum Range. • Lack of a damage reduction or self heal. • Trap Launcher - the idea is nice, but it just doesn't work. • Pet Health "bug". (0 health when summoned). How do you feel about your “rotation”? • It's pretty good. Would be nice for BM to have another "shot" in the rotation.. • Focus seems to regen a little slow. What’s on your wish list for your class? • DRAGON PET. (would like to request that the skin is like that of Sindragosa or Malygos). • SHARK PET. (not land shark, just to be summoned when in the water). • Dual-Wield Pistols. (maybe they are only used to eliminate the minimum range). • More swords, axes with hunter stats - no more staffs. • Choose your Move - Choose 1 move from any other class. (would be a great Hallow's End idea if it can't be a permanent feature) • Quest Checklist - give quests a number so you can figure out which ones your missing. (Did you do all the hunter quests?) • Long-range sniper. 1 shot, long CD, but the ability to 1 shot if you hit em between the eyes. If a rogue can sneak up on a hunter….a hunter needs to be able to sneak up on a rogue. • Hunting Season - hunter's get a buff during this time of year, increased dps, or faster flying or mount speed, or maybe even faster focus regen. What spells do you use the least? • Aspect of the Wild, Beast Lore, Feed Pet, Eagle Eye, Distracting Shot, Immolation Trap. • Widow Venom is not used as much - but could be a valuable PVP spell if it had a bigger bite and minimum range wasn't such an issue.Sonicross0 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 What would be a good 2's partner? I scanned the hunter/arena forums for information, but couldn't find it. The information I find on the internet is all outdated, so I've just got to ask... What is a good 2's partner for a BM hunter?Atrox12 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Class Feedback - Hunter OK, I really need to post! But the posting was limited, anyway, I hope you guys read it. First of all, I'm Brazilian, so escuse my poor english. Second: My post is huge, because I know what I'm talking. I've specced my talents like 500 times! So please: READ IT! What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - Both of them. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Heroics, Raids and Old Raids. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - Arenas and BGs. I'd love doing Rateds, but ppl don't like to do it in my server. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. - Making my pet spawn at FULL HEALTH when I call him, just takes too long for it to calculates health. - Minimum range. This sucks in both PVE and PVP. - Cobra-shot/Steady-shot something and some freak damage kills it. At least give us partial focus for the time we spent casting it. - We cant cast spells which aren't on the GCD (such Silence shot, Intimidation, focus fire) while we are casting Cobra or Steady. Stopcasting macro doesnt help, since I need to spamm it to be functional. - Kill command being melee range. It could be a buff on the pet for 6 seconds (like Intimidation), or our pet could just charge or teleport (like rogues) if within [X] yards of the target and really do what we are talking when we need it to be done... - Trap launcher needs to be improved. OMG! It often bug my traps. Ppl ask me to CC something, than I'm faster than it and look: my trap is on my foot! Give us freezing shot, immolation shot (like we had on Diablo II) - if I can ask it =) - Killing streak is just toooooooooooo freaking tight! Useless on PVP. Give us 2 or 3 more seconds. - Hate casting focus fire when i see MM hunters doing like: hey! 2 steady and voila! I have haste! - I have only 10 fingers for so many buttons! - Calculating stuff on my pets when I summon them. Is AWFUL when I summon my Spirit Beast and the calculating stuff makes it heal me like 1-2k What makes playing your class more fun? - My pet. - Collecting pets. - Having so many utility spells =) - Detecting hidden improved by recent patchs. Oh boy, I thought that was useless until now! Rogues, FEAR ME! - I can tank, heal and shoot at the same time. (of course, not me, my pet) - Focus as resource, that ROCKS! What makes playing your class less fun? - Minimum range. - Pet issues. I LOVE the "Assist" but I miss the aggressive one, for PVP purposes. Oh, I hate when my pet comes back and my party is still fighting. The most part of the time I've already changed my target, but the Assist delay makes me wasting time on Kill Command very often. - Rogues dispelling Hunter's Mark. (Why do I keep using it anyway?) - Focus regen while casting multi-shot. How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) - MM is pretty ok. - SV is ok. Maybe having something to refresh the black arrow would be nice. Or maybe some talent to make it lasts longer, so the cooldown is off to shoot it again. - BM is good too, I just hate how Focus Fire works. Casting it between Cobra Shots makes me lose DPS. And Fervor should be off the GCD. What’s on your wish list for your class? - Beast Masters summoning all their 5 pets at once with bestial wrath or something. (of course not doing all the damage they already do alone... You guys can figure how damage will work. You got the brains, right?) This would be so freaking AWESOME! Why Shammys can and we, BM hunters, don't? - Being immune to stuff that makes us losing control of our char. while under the effect of Beast Within talent. - MOUNTING MY PET OMFG! I can wish, right? - Some decent self real for Survivors, but not only them, MM and BM heals must be updated too. Maybe a huge cooldown, but something that we really have benefits from it. Try using Spirit Mend/Chimera on arenas for minimal survivability doesnt help, like stuff that DKs, Pallys, Rogues, Druids, Mages, Locks, Shammys, etc have... - Give us back eyes of the beast! (allow us to cast it while camoufled) - Give us back Volley! That was soooo cool! What spells do you use the least (or never)? - Immolation trap (poor dps/utility) - Snake trap (ok, i use it, better than nothing when I'm meleeing, right?) - Counterattack - Pathfinding - Points of no Escape talent (it works on bosses? They are immune to our Ice trap) - Marked for death talent... That really doesn't take it's name seriously...Høllowhunter6 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Remove Dead-Zone? Hello, I just started a hunter and I think blizzard should remove the dead-zone of range 5. What does every think?Lela15 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Melee Range? Just wondering, why do some of you want to be able to shoot in melee range, even though you would get wrecked if you were anyways? I mean wouldn't it just make all the unskilled hunters stand and get %%**d by melee while the skilled ones actually kite?Cüdi7 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Class feedback - Hunter Cont. ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.■What makes playing your class more fun?■What makes playing your class less fun?■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)■What’s on your wish list for your class?■What spells do you use the least? Content type: PVE Type:Exploration and dungeons Quality of life issues: Taking away the "pet feed" actions. Bad choice. This was part of the immersion factor of the game. Un-needed changes are stupid. Taking away Agression stance. This was a very effective tactic that you took away for no good reason. Give it back! If idiots can't figure out how to properly control thier pet...too bad. Wish list: Give us back our Pet's Aggresive stance. We used it, we liked it, and your corporate weenie types took it away. Give us back the ability to make our toons the way we want them to be! You now force us into 1 talent tree. We want to be able to put talent points where WE want them, NOT where YOU want them put. I don't care if my talent choices aren't the "best", theyre mine! Stop dumbing down the game. Everquest made that mistake and is now dead. The challenge and risk is what we like, dangit!Braks0 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Eagle Eye - Where is the love? While looking over the responses that people were giving the DEVs I noticed that there were a great many that seems to think this ability is not that useful. True by it self Eagle Eye is only useful out doors and only in some situations, but with a little tweak from the marco I'm about to who you makes its so much more than it is. Here is the Marco: #showtooltip Eagle Eye /use !Eagle Eye With this you can cast eagle while you're using it. This increases the range by quite a bit and since it has "unlimited range" you can be in Stromwind and spy on Undercity. I hope this makes this some what useless spell in the eyes of some, more useful. So give this marco a try and tell you fellow hunters about it. Show you love for this often forgotten ability. Terresta12 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Class response thread closed? Tried to submit my response to the class thread today and just got told the thread has reached its post limit. So this was what i wanted to say. I don't care if blizz doesn't read it, but at least I got to say what I wanted. I can't get my character to switch out but i normally play a hunter so here are my answers. What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Generally I focus mainly on PvE. I do enjoy doing unrated battlegrounds as well. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] I really enjoy doing dungeons and heroics. I have yet to do any raiding but figure I'll enjoy that as well once I get around to it. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] The only PvP i do is unrated bgs and the occasional world PvP What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The biggest issue I have is my pet stances/behavior. Before I deployed, they were fine in my opinion. Now with it's aggressive stance gone, I'm left with a new one called assist. I have no problems with Assist, but whenever I'm in a dungeon it gets annoying. After every mob he starts running back to me instead of continuing to attack the other mobs we are fighting. Why can my pet not just switch to the next target in the pull? I din't notice this problem before the changes. Also it sucks in PvP because an aggressive pet was great for stealthed enemies. Also the lack of Focus can be an issue. It feels like it doesn't regen fast enough. Also, I would love to see minimum range elminated entirely. It sucks for PvP big time, and sucks for PvE encounters that require you to stack on the mob. We are the only ranged class that has a minimum range. Could you imagine trying to play a caster dps and being limited by a minimum range? I could tolerate not being able to auto shoot within a certain range, but I should be able to continue using my special abilities. Finally haste needs to be easier to understand. While I've never done end game raiding I have read up on stats and haste is pretty confusing to figure out. What makes playing your class more fun? Definitely the pets. Pets are the whole reason I even considered a pet and I am and always will be a BM Hunter. What makes playing your class less fun? Definitely the minimum range. That part of the game annoys me to no end. Get rid of it please. How do you feel about your “rotation”? Honestly, I'm happy with it. Haste does throw a kink in it big time though. What’s on your wish list for your class? 1. A PvP talent that allows you to tame a druid for a little bit (maybe 10 seconds). 2. Tameable mounts. We as hunters should be able to learn how to tame our own mounts. Just make it a money pit similar to the current tiered progression for mounts. 3. A PvE talent that lets you have all 5 of your pets with you attack a target. Put it on a decent cd so you have to time it properly. What spells do you use the least? The spell that reduces healing by 50%. I don't even know what the spell is tbh.Blorngiblets4 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 What hunters really need! Is a sandwich. And the girl from 4E.Zonkizik0 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Do we have a Spell Hit cap? I thought I read somewhere that some of our abilities get counted as spells, similar to rogue poisons. Should I be shooting for a spell hit or spell pen cap? My ranged is capped atm (actually way over at 1100 or so), but my spell hit still shows a 5 percent chance to miss. Is this an issue?Ryzaerian12 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 ONLY pure dps to max on feedback thread I was wondering if anyone else noticed that Hunters and Paladins are the only two classes to max out on the feedback threads recently started by the devs. None of the others are close as of yet of Hunters maxxed out over a day ago. If you didn't get to post on the first post on the second one that has started and let's max that !@#$% out too and maybe get some quality changes. Hell even if you posted on the first one repost again on this second one. The most established second thread going is the one titled "Hunter Feedback - 2". Here is the link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3182769218Danboone2 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 What's the quickest spec to level with? So I just started leveling a hunter the other day, currently just lvl 12, and I'm just wondering what spec is the best for leveling mostly through questing, I know someone is gonna say "whatever you find to be the most fun", well what I find to be fun is hitting 85 asapPottytrainer1 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 New unique hunter tweaks... Strictly speaking from a PVP point of view i would encourage the developers to look at: http://www.arenastats.com/index.php?r=all&bg=all&br=3&mr=2200&mt=5&mg=20 and look at: Top Comps By Pop. Hunters are not represented at all, think of why this has happened. Also look at rogues, they are the next least represented. What makes rogues still show up in Top Comps By Pop. We need some things to contribute to a 3s or RBG. Think why you would bring a hunter. Rogues have smoke bomb, mages have deep and ring etc. What can you give hunters that would make us more wanted. i would advise that ice traps slow should be improved, say 60 percent. I would also make it not put freezing trap on cd. The other thing that i think would really help would be to make intimidation baseline, and put talents in each tree that would add something unique to intimidation. Ex: Marksmen could have a colossal smash like ability attached to Intimidation (remove 50% armor). Improved pet damage in BM. Increased spell damage in survival.Rexryan1 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 I'm so sorely disappointed So looking at the armory for my battle group (Bloodlust), I see only 42 hunters above 2200 rating in 3s. Only 15 of those hunters have an active team with 3 members. We only have 94 hunters represented for RBGs. That's barely edging above 2200 as well. So to be lenient as I may have missed 1 or 2, we can make that 96 hunters above 2200 (U.S. wide). Yet why, when I read the hunter feedback thread, is there so little PvP requests? Have you all given up on the PvP hunter? All I ever see is requests for things that don't help the hunter as a whole. And seriously... getting rid of minimum range? There are ways that can help the hunter that doesn't have to destroy us. Please refer to these hunters here for my generally mutual feelings. http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/211163-hunter-class-feedback/ Felise11 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 Since I missed the Hunters feedback Thread... Im hoping someone from blizzard will look at this thread as well for those that missed it. [quote="31732622551"]What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Used to be a mix of both now mainly PvP If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Line of Sight/Deadzone: When I play my Paly I know the easiest way to completly negate a hunter is just run around a pillar or run up close to him. Very easy to do. Focus Regen: Purely from a PvP perspective it is much too hard to generate focus. Aspect switching every 2 seconds or having to macro it into your shots is terrible. Pet UI/bugs: When your pet dies is much too hard to get a new one out. If you do manage it and it comes in with no health and dies right away it sucks. Keeping a pet on a target can be down right brutal at times that needs to be improved. What makes playing your class more fun? Pets, and unique game play. What makes playing your class less fun? The things mentioned above. In general I love the "feel" of a hunter. Its very different then most classes. I would like to see the Hunter Mechanics stay but somehow simplify. We need less buttons and cooldowns. Between managing a pet, aspects/focus regen, defensive/offensive cooldowns, crowd control, and shot rotation it's too much. Make some of our abilities better and simpler/combine them for ease of use. I like to be challanged but hate stupid over the top impossible. I also miss the old days where when you were stuck in melee you at least did decent damage. How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) The rotation in itself is fine. If you are not being directly attacked and at ranged it works great and is interesting. If you are out of defenve cooldowns and attacked a hunter has very little of a rotation. What’s on your wish list for your class? Masters call to be improved: Undispellable, longer duration/shorter cooldown, and no longer need the pet to actualy come to you to recieve the buff. This would help with los issues and mobility. The Focus regen of Aspect of the fox to be a basic hunter ability. Combine aspect of the mokey with fox so when you are using that aspect it is a defensive Aspect for mainly kiting/defense or maybe even increased melee damage. Pets to have improved UI, quicker switching/resurrection, and not die on summon. Intimidate to be a ranged stun so that pets can actualy get to thier opponents not be kiting untill intimidate drops off the pet. Longer duration on mend pet so BM can keep thier pets on the target without wasting as many global cooldowns. Combine raptor strike and wingclip give it a massive damage boost. We dont want to be in melee but if we are we need something useful.Tanrithalus1 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 Weapon Drop Killing Me QQ; I've run ZG like 10 times without geting the bow, and now I'm wondering if I should just pay the 11k on AH for the 365 ENG created gun? Or should I keep saving and get the 378 crossbow BOE for 30K? I guess I'll keep running ZG until I save the 30k, but it's killing me pugging out like a !@#$% and never getting that freaking drop, I'm mean some runs are brutal. I also run Vortex every time I log on, and have never seen the gun there. Of course when I'm on my Pally everything drops, lol.Ninerwolf5 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 can anyone help? I can only top out about 16-18k . can someone take a peak at my spec and lemme know if i need to change anything.Azrix6 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 The Over 9000 Club! Post here and display your amassed amounts of bragging points! Dwarves with beards get extra credit!Airseann44 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 the Hunter feedback thread is full... ... of what looks to be dishonest replies by (apparently) other class-players. Take reply #1480 (last reply on page 74) and my reply (that didn't post because of the sticky being reply-capped): ----------------------------- ... - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ... hahaha... *wipes away tears from eyes* "all of em, katie!" Even "raptor strike" and "counter attack"? I am dying to know! Also, you list Arena and BGs as your PVP experience: ... ...yet you've never stepped into an arena on your hunter. it shows on your PVP achievement page on the armory profile of the character you're posting from. You don't have the "stepped into an Arena" achieve. http://i53.tinypic.com/dc5yz4.png Oh, and you "gotta be the honest one": ... Show me the hunters and their "top damage" versus "many other classes": http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Firelands/dps/ --------------------------------------------------- Bottom line is: hunters suck at PVP. We're the "pokemon" class. And it's just the way Blizz likes it. Oh, and here's an interesting bit o' history going round and round in the damage dealing forums: snapshot of a list of 21 hunter nerfs @ patch 3.1: http://i56.tinypic.com/1zbxa4n.png and an article from way back when the legendary bow was awarded to a rogue back in August 2008... http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/08/07/forum-post-of-the-day-vicarious-legend/#continued and now rogues are getting a rogue-only legendary weap: http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=195092/4-3s-legendary-will-be-a-dagger-for-rogues Ya know, because they never had a legendary prior to this (tongue firmly in cheek... check out the classes listed on both legendary Warglaives from Black Temple: Warglaive of Azzinoth Warglaive of Azzinoth ) Anyway, back to the DD forum for me.Villencia4 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 New hunter having aggro problems with pet I always gain aggro with mobs, currently mm specced, would BM be the better choice or should i just wait to get the casting while moving ability with mm?Scruby9 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 Careful Aim discussion. Alright, so the title pretty much gives off the hint that im marksman. With that out of the way, im going to go out and say that its by far my favorite spec to play. Also im not going to say that hunters should be buffed, or nerfed. Their damage is fine for the time being, i'm just posting this to get some attention to the subject. Careful Aim. Now chances are the developers planned for this, and could either be working on it, or not working on it. Or who knows? Maybe they over looked it. So anyways lets get started, we generaly get classified as being "overpowered" by other classes. Especially after marksman was altered to be more competitive with survial. Then of course survival got nerfed into the ground, however is slowly catching up to marks. Personaly, I believe each spec is intended to have its strengths, and weaknesses. Marksman is intended to be stronger in fights that are standstill (for the most part), and ideally, single target. As to wear survivals prowess in A.O.E. is astonishing, to say the least. Back when carefull aim was nerfed from, above 80% of the bosses hp, to above 90% of the bosses hp. The nerf seemed appropriate. And it really didnt seem to affect our dps all that much. However now in firelands, I really can feel the side effects of this nerf, and alot of MM hunters feel the same im sure, as for the rest, they might not even notice. So let me break this down as simple as i can, so you can get back to searching for waldo, or whatever it is that you do. THIS SUCKS!!!! Okay now that we got that out of the way, let me explain why this sucks. Careful aim is based on a bosses percentage, 90%-100% it is active. giving our Aimed, and Steady shots +60% crit. This sounds amazing. (It was anyways....). Its actualy pretty stupid, and a talant that will get weaker over time. This is how it gets weaker. - When raid DPS is bad, I get more time to burst in the first 10% of the bosses life. Result: I do alot of damage and may Seem overpowered. - When more gear becomes available, the raid begins to do more damage as a whole, yay! Result: I do less damage in the first 10% that can really hurt me later on. So the more damage the raid does, the less damage I do, so in reality the effect is working agianst each other. So the overall gain is minimal. - When bosses get nerfed, health wise, Again less time in burn phase. Meaning less overall dps. So as you can see, there are two solutions to this problem. 1.) Redesign the Careful Aim talent to something more appropiate, or 2.) Give bosses more health. I personaly would like to see a solid increase, that would be effective across the whole fight. Instead of 60% in the first 10%, maybe change it to something like 3%/6% + Crit all the time. Im sure the game developers would know how to balance this better. In anycase as time goes on, if this is allowed hunters will surely fall lower and lower. I'm not saying buff us to the point of no return, just level the class. We have great burst at the start, however our mid fight 25%-90% is about, or a little below average. with having a somewhat decent execute phase. Obviously not as strong as other classes, but we wont go into that. In anycase I hope this gets looked over, because I put alot of time into this, and when i say this, I mean me, and when I say time, I mean alcohol. And to prove that im not another scrub complaining about his class, I'll give you some logs to look at to back up my therory. Keep in mind, i have got gear, as well as the rest of my raid. Heroic Baleroc 10: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/626wue4bv4d8x3c4/sum/damageDone/?s=20018&e=20374 Normal Baleroc 25: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5rrml29ejker38py/sum/damageDone/?s=6336&e=6612 Normal Baleroc 25: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5txwymuexvvpny6n/sum/damageDone/?s=8521&e=8797 Heroic Shannox 25: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5txwymuexvvpny6n/sum/damageDone/?s=10049&e=10311Kenati3 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 low level hunters do any of you feel like you are just demolishing the low level BG, ive been running a rogue through the 30-34 bracket atm and hunters are racking up stats like 25-1 KB death easily, do yall think it is something to do with the increase amount of attacks yall can do while moving now. i dont know hunters that well but damn they are !!%#*% the low level bg, im too bais from vanilla and will never roll a huntard, ooo i just hate hunters so much, so many bad memories. and these are hunters from both factions so its not like its just oh horde are bettter thing. idk just seems like when the BG comp is 8 hunters and 12 others they seem to have made them a little to OP for the low levelsPeadslab5 Sep 15, 2011
Sep 15, 2011 Bestial Wrath=Typo but on a Serious Note... Hi :) Can you guys please fix Beastial Wrath. "The beast does not feel pity or remorse or fear and it cannot be stopped unless killed." This description needs to be changed or maybe go back the way it's supposed to be. Before the Pre-Patch to Cata, this is what it actually did: Hunter & Pet could not be: Slowed, Feared, Snared, Polymorphed, and all those other CC Spells. Now... It doesn't work. I can get Slowed, Feared, Snared, Polymorphed, and all the rest of the CC Spells/Attacks while I'm under the effects of Bestial Wrath. I know others will say, use Master's Call but they are missing the point here, the point I'm making is that, Bestial Wrath is actually Bugged and or not Fixed, or at least the description should be changed to, "You and your Pet do an increase damage of 20% for 10 Seconds." Thank you for your time and hope this gets fixed. ~MontalbanFelrend12 Sep 15, 2011