Priest

Oct 30 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 1 Last Updated: 16OCT16 At the time of posting I am Prestige 3, Honor Rank 31; all three gold artifact traits unlocked. Also note I am a Lv110 Human. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change :( Welcome to Legion Shadow PvP! Below you will find the sections within this guide. I’m going to try and stay focused on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the new PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion conversation begins on page 21. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige Live, and upcoming 7.1 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige: Live and 7.1 The new “Prestige System” was designed to earn “Honor Ranks”. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress at Honor Rank 50. As you climb up in HonorRank, you gain gold, Artifact Power, and new abilities. In most cases the higher you Honor Rank is, the better the rewarded talents are. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you have the option to “Prestige”. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. However, you will lose all earned Honor Talents. When Patch 7.1 is released on October 25, 2016, “Prestige-ing” will not remove your Honor Talents any longer. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv800, and for each item level above iLv800, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv850, when you enter you will get a 5% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: Generally, [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time, whereas [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer. [Fortress of the Mind] comes isn’t really worth mentioning. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, requires enemy engagement to maximize the talent, and earning Insanity can be difficult at time. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast while giving us an absorption shield. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Void Lord] is mainly used for PvE when it is chosen. The idea being that if you have Lingering Insanity stacks when you enter Void Form, you can keep it momentarily which can allow for some devastating Void Torrents (as an example). [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with [Twist of Fate] and the Honor Talent [Last Word] flawlessly. Plus, it will allow you to enter Void Form more quickly or maintain it longer. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing. Recommended: Reaper of Souls. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent, especially if your loot luck only allowed you to have the relics that amplify Vampiric Touch damage. [Auspicious Spirits] is a great talent if you are 3/3 Unleash the Shadows in your Artifact Weapon. But this is normally used for PvE Insanity generation. [Shadowy Insight] is usually the top pick for PvP since SW:Pain spreading is mandatory, the instant MB casts allow us mobility, and the Insanity generation is excellent when it fires off. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is hands down the best for Shadow Priests because it allows us much faster casting, passive insanity generation from the faster casting, and direct insanity generation from activating it. However, it is both dispellable and Spell Steal-able. It’s one thing to have it purged, it is another to give it to a Mage. If it is stolen and the situation permits, dispel it from the Mage. [Shadow Crash] is not worth discussing. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Power Infusion. Tier 7 note, The Shadow Priest community has made solid arguments to the developers about this tier, and they have responded promises changes slightly after Patch 7.1. The TL;DR version (for) PvP is LotV and MS are severely lackluster abilities, while S2M is amazing (sans the guaranteed death) except it is too easy to lockdown a Shadow Priest in S2M. It is almost always a guaranteed death with little positive results. Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often, which in turn keeps Void Form more active (more 20% damage), more access to Void Torrent, and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Mind Spike] not worth discussing. [Surrender to Madness] or S2M. This hot potato ability is great but almost useless in PvP due to both the guaranteed death, ease of locking a Shadow Priest down with CC while it is active, and the long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents More of this guide is coming soon as I produce it. Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta, 12+ Years and still goingMerrik420 Oct 30
2d [7.1][Raids][M+] Mend's TLDR Discipline Guide ...H2P Discord - discord.gg/howtopriest Hey everyone! I am Mend, MVP on HowToPriest.com! This guide assumes you already understand the fundamentals of the Discipline Priest toolkit. If you're brand new to the class, it's recommended you read through Total's 7.0 Disc Guide located here: https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=8624 If this guide seems outdated, please refer to my HowToPriest.com written guide located here: https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=8882&p=73887#p73887 -------------------- PATCH 7.1 CHANGES ADDED For more on 7.1 changes, read Total's write up here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pFk0nR7Uv2-et61G5nB7HQExMVAV00wxu8GEQSur-yM/pub ... These are the commonly accepted stat weights for Discipline Priests. They are calculated under the assumption that your burst phase will have at least 12 Atonement's applied, and your healing will be from Atonement by 65% or higher. (Credits to Lutcikaur for his work) Int 0.894 | Crit 0.710 | Haste 1 | Mast 0.676 | Vers 0.677 Input these weights into Pawn (addon linked below) to see if items are an upgrade and to correctly itemize your character. The more Atonement contributes to your healing, the higher Mastery's weight increases as well. DISCLAIMER: As with any healer stat weights, do not rely on these 100%. Because of the complexity of trying to sim or calculate healing weights, they are rarely ever completely accurate. Use these weights as a guideline for gearing. ... Confession > The Edge of Dark and Light >= Shield of Faith > Borrowed Time = Doomsayer Now, much of the time people run into issues with deciding whether it's ok to downgrade your current relic's ilvl for a better trait. Good news: you can and should in some cases! Confession relics are the only ones I would consider downgrading for. General rule of thumb here is if the Confession relic ilvl is 5-10 ilvls lower than your current one, it's still worth taking. Outside of that, always take the higher ilvl relic regardless of trait. ... This sheet contains lists of gear from both M+ and Raids. If you're wondering what boss to use your tokens on, or where you can find an upgrade for a certain slot, you can check the "Raid Gear" tab at the bottom. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m9hJO3WLCK02eQyeBdfs5OvC2or9AbaDPkabPb896j0/edit?usp=sharing ... So, guides are great and all, but they sure are hard to digest. Even after you read over them, you’re not quite sure where to go from there. That’s where my TLDR guide will come in to help. I intend on offering bite-sized chunks of information for you guys to look at and use as a resource to get a quick understanding of a very complex class; Discipline Priest. Here I will go over the necessities and things that I usually go over in various other threads on the Priest Forums, or discussions in Discord on various servers. Discipline operates in a raid in two distinctive “phases”. I call them the “cool-down phase” and the “ramp-up phase”. Details are below. ... Cool-down periods are times during an encounter between major predictable AoE damage where you maintain around 5 Atonement’s (as needed) using Plea and Power Word: Shield while weaving in your DPS rotation (Penance, DoT, and Smites). ... At about 10 seconds until AoE damage is about to come out, you will Atonement up to 5 using Plea (more info below as to why), Power Word: Shield to 6 Atonement’s, (use Power Infusion if spec'd into it) Power Word: Radiance to 15+ (Power Word: Shield may come off CD, so use it if it does to get one more Atonement out). After this, use Light’s Wrath (if off CD) followed by Penance / Smite filler. ... Plea mana cost increases linearly *not* exponentially (see below, normalized to 1000 mana, not actual value): 1000 mana 2000 mana 3000 mana 4000 mana 5000 mana Any cast of plea after 5 Atonement's in raid are considered less effective than PW:R. Never use Plea after 5 Atonement’s. ... - Never Plea past 5 Atonements. - Don’t try to cover every AoE ability if your mana can’t handle it. - Work out an innervate with a Boomkin if you have one. - Get Darkmoon Deck: Promises (BiS Mana Trinket for Disc until Mythic Nighthold) - Use my WeakAura’s here: https://wago.io/VJTP_vCpb to time Atonements for Major AoE. - Let other healers handle topping people off. Use Shadow Mend very sparingly. (Trust me) - Don't feel obligated to keep up 5 Atonement's if they aren't needed. - Conserve mana as much as you can, even if that means wasted GCD's by not casting Smite. ... What food should I be eating? Azshari Salad (haste buff) Alright, Mend, if Disc is so good, why do you require a mana trinket and innervates to raid at a competitive level? Other healers don’t need these types of trinkets and they beat us on the meters! Good question. You don’t. Discipline Priests have a unique role as a healer. We are meant to smooth out damage during major AoE abilities and we handle this well, if you follow the rules above and use my WeakAuras linked here. The common misconception about Discipline Priests is that we are somehow a traditional healer, when in fact, we are gifted with something no healer has had in the past; the ability to convert mana to healing in a matter of seconds. Discipline Priests can unload our mana bar in a short time to handle these major AoE abilities unlike other healers that can react with relatively weaker AoE heals. This causes Discipline Priests to suffer on the “overall healing” meter, but succeed amazingly when it matters to avoid wipes. Mana trinkets (like Darkmoon Deck: Promises, Amalgam’s Seventh Spine, and others) allow for us to reduce that extreme mana burn during “ramp-up phases” and allow us to prolong our amazing healing throughout an encounter. This includes taking advantage of Innervate from Balance Druids. It’s only common sense for us to take advantage of mana reduction since, as I stated, we have the unique ability of converting mana to healing at a moments notice. I’m having mana issues, what’s up? Make sure you’re not using Plea after 5 Atonements. Also, if your mana cannot support it (if you don’t have a mana regen trinket or Druid), try to handle every other AoE ability instead of all of them. Also make sure that you're conserving mana where you can (casting less Smite, maintaining less Atonement). We need to make sure we have as much mana as possible for our burst windows. What are the best raid trinkets? Darkmoon Deck: Promises - The top mana regen trinket right now. Amalgam's Seventh Spine - A very good mana regen trinket that synergizes with PW:S. Fluctuating Energy - Comparable to Spine, great choice. Alchemist's Stone - A good choice if you cannot get another to drop. If you’re curious on how trinkets stack up please refer to Total’s guide, located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10_AGXsn80WSQUy2KVDRd6nuAtofl8jCvy1ZWit7fNs0/edit#gid=0 How do I analyze my logs? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l941LpuZ1EppdprTUPNuVv6abAqANKOla2W8b5QgSUA/edit?usp=sharing How do I handle the ______ boss fight? Any boss specific tips and strategy will be discussed here: https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=8459 I will make sure to write tips for every boss I've killed and provide any videos I create there as well. If you’re wanting some assistance on when you should be preparing your Atonement’s for AoE damage, I created a WeakAura to notify you 10 seconds prior to an ability occurring for most (will update as needed) AoE abilities currently in Normal and Heroic Emerald Nightmare. The WeakAura string: https://wago.io/VJTP_vCpb The WeakAura is set up for both BigWigs and DBM. You can also change the name used to the proper name for your client language if needed as well on the "Triggers" page. When the WeakAura reads that there is 10 seconds left on the timer for an ability, it will notify you both visually and audibly that the ability is about to happen, allowing you to start applying Atonement’s for your “ramp-up phase”. What talents should I use? This is a very fight specific topic, however, I will explain the current state of talents and what circumstances you'd decide to switch. 15 | Castigation A flat 33% buff to Penance beats out an extra GCD used every ~6 seconds in Schism (also costs no mana) and provides more benefit for overall output than The Penitent. 30 | Angelic Feather or Body and Soul This choice is really a personal choice. I go with Feather. 45 | Your choice This one really doesn't matter for raiding. 60 | Shield Discipline With the changes to Mindbender in Patch 7.1, Shield Discipline takes the front seat as the talent of choice for this tier. Power Word: Solace was also buffed, but not enough to make it a choice over Shield Discipline. Mindbender will still have a very limited role in raiding, and some use in 5 man content. For more on 7.1 changes, read Total's write up here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pFk0nR7Uv2-et61G5nB7HQExMVAV00wxu8GEQSur-yM/pub 75 | Contrition or Twist of Fate With the change to Contrition to increase its duration to 3 seconds, it now becomes the default choice in this tier. Power Infusion provided 2-2.5 extra seconds to our burst window in which it was used (only a few times a fight). With Contrition now increasing Atonement an additional 3 seconds, every burst window will last longer, and Atonements during downtime will be up longer as well. This change also allows us to have smaller bursts (10-12 Atonements) while still ramping up to 15+ for Lights Wrath bursts. Twist of Fate still has a place in this tier of talents if it can maintain a high uptime. For more on 7.1 changes, read Total's write up here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pFk0nR7Uv2-et61G5nB7HQExMVAV00wxu8GEQSur-yM/pub 90 | Halo I only use Divine Star in dungeons. Halo is definitely the go-to choice for raiding because of its range. Clarity of Will doesn't have a purpose right now, unfortunately. 100 | Purge the Wicked (rarely Grace) To start, Shadow Covenant is a horrible talent, and should never be used. Purge the Wicked is what we will use on nearly every encounter because of the added damage it provides converts to more healing from Atonement. However, in some circumstances, it is ok to choose Grace. Example would be on a fight where there is no predictable raid damage, or, that fight is designed in a way where we cannot successfully time our ramp-up period to heal it. In these cases it can be alright to use Shadow Mend and spec into Grace to spot heal. I've recently used this strategy on Mythic Elerenthe Renferal and it worked with relative success. Rule of thumb: 95% of the time it's Purge the Wicked over Grace, but never rule Grace out completely if your raid needs you to spot heal on an encounter not designed around our burst AoE healing. Alright, so I did what you said and am doing everything right, but I’m still running out of mana. Please help! One thing to note: If you’re still having trouble with mana, you can always cut out Smite from your “cool-down phase” and only use it during your burst. Another thing, keeping 5 Atonement’s up is not always required if the people with Atonement aren’t going to take damage. Sometimes it’s better to just PW:S someone (tank, or another person) and use Penance on CD. Considering most (75%+) of all of our healing comes from our burst healing during predictable AoE, it’s actually “ok” for us to do less during periods of less damage. We are not a traditional throughput healer; we don’t need to top people up all the time. Other healers are better at that. How do you treat Rapture in a raid setting? (Question from Tsahad-Dalaran) I use Rapture in situations where I am on the run and need to apply Atonement, or in a situation like the Winds that push back on Elerenthe Renferal. My tip would be to find a time where you can get the most benefit out of it during each fight and can anticipate using it off CD for the same ability, or have it towards the end of an encounter to save a wipe. I've also used it to help apply Atonement when other healers use their healing CD's. Example being on Ursoc, I heal the first charge using Lights Wrath, druid tranq's the second. I will use Rapture on the second charge to apply PW:S and Atonement to around 10-12 stacks instead of 15+ and still benefit from getting some healing that way. It depends what your current set up is, but that is another way to use Rapture.Mend327 2d
29m Easy Shadow Fix During StM, as soon as you hit 100 stacks, you die. If still OP, also cap mass hysteria at a lower stack. This closes the gap between the top 1% and the rest of Shadow Priests as well as balances the class and brings them in line with everyone else.Seascout9 29m
1h 5-man content: How many heals do you use? I preface by saying it's been since MoP since I mained a healer, and back then it was all resto druid, all the time for me. I wanted something new after 3 months of dissatisfaction with Hunter, so I leveled my priest. So my priest is new 110 this week, and only 843 ilvl, but I find myself only using a handful of spells to heal Heroic and Mythic 5-mans (no raid xp yet in Legion on priest). Currently I pre-fight atone tank, then dot mobs with PW:P, and spot heal as needed. Usually just Shadowmend spam. Generally I only use penance for group heals (3+ people injured) or to do straight up damage as filler. Basically I feel I only use: Plea Shadowmend Penance PW:shield Unless I have the fights memorized, I never use CDs like Rapture or Barrier, though I use Fiend and PW:Radiance on each boss. Just seems like I often have so little to do, that I am just spamming damage out, then BAM BIG BURST DAMAGE, and then I play catch up, which is fun... then just wait again for some damage to happen to group, and just smite or penance without being able to provide any healing. Is that all that Disc musters? High HPS burst? Seems like not the most dynamic healing rotation, where very few buttons are pressed, and even less if you predict the group damage and apply pre-damage atonement to entire group. Then again, I am also usually below 30% mana after each boss, and require fast drink, so maybe I'm overhealing? Please help newb Disc Priest, as my memories of Disc were shields and damage mitigation, not damage = heals Cheers!Bishopxix0 1h
1h Holy PvP - is it really that bad? Hey guys, Thinking of levelling a Holy Priest for the purpose of PvP - random battlegrounds, arena 2's & 3's. I keep hearing they are the worst healer for PvP...is this really true? I've been reading up on their abilities, talents & artifact and it actually seems like it would be quite an interesting spec to play and rather decent. For example, PvP talents like Holy Ward & Ray of Hope seem pretty strong. Regular talents seem useful like Trail of Light, Divinity & Apotheosis. Artifact traits look interesting too like Invoke the Naaru, Blessing of Tuure & Light of Tuure. Then you also get useful passives like Focused Will & Echo of Light mastery. All seems pretty good to me... What am i missing here? What exactly makes Holy bad in PvP?Thebarnacle19 1h
3h PW: Is the Fanfic in our Class Hall? Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Discussion: Is the fanfic one of the annals of Light and Shadow? Furthermore, what else is in these annals?Priestescow215 3h
3h Holy Priest Trinket With Intellect being the biggest stat for Holy Priest, why do sites say that a Non-Passive Stat trinket is the best for Holy Priest? Obviously if there is a Click that you feel outweighs the passive stat sure but that is very rare. Why would a Passive Stat trinket with 1300 extra int, and 950+ Mastery not be best in slot? Having an Extra 2600 INT and almost 2000 Mastery?Deific12 3h
4h Sephuz secret as a holy priest? Hi all, just wondering is it worth equipping this legendary ring "sephuz's secret" as a holy priest. My first Legendary item drop lol. Anyway I'm not sure why this is good for a holy priest or if It could be good but I don't understand it properly. At the moment it seems a waste as there's no mastery on it and the proc looks to be as good as useless as I don't know when or how often id actually be able to get it to proc. or am I missing something and its actually good?Fîreflyz12 4h
4h Mythic+ HPS Today I did a +7 MoS that was super bad. I was doing 400k hps and couldn't keep the group alive with what the tank was pulling (didn't even get past the first boss since he decided to chain pull the mobs into the boss when ppl were not topped off). The tank end up blaming me and calling me "horrible". I was wondering, what HPS should I be pulling for various M+ levels? I feel like I saw on the +15 thread here that ppl were succeeding in +15 with about 450k hps. So am I actually that bad for only being able to sustain 400k hps in the +7 to +10 range? I use skada btw, dunno if recount has different numbers. BTW I'm not just asking if I'm bad, I'm also asking what I should be at for different mythic+ levels. Also forgot to mention that I'm holy.Serenys20 4h
4h Forbidden Flame level 2 increase 0.4% ? Discipline priest final artifact trait - Forbidden Flame: increase all damage and healing. If I am not mistaken, I have pump 1.6m artifact power for level 1 and 1.9m artifact power for level 2. Below is what I got: Level 1: 4% Level 2: 4.4% 1.9m artifact power pumped for just 0.4% increase for damage and healing??? I find this is a bit unfair compared to other classes. Most other healing and dps classes final artifact power has below: Level 1: 5% Level 2: 5.5% I guess Blizzard really afraid Discipline to be overpowered in Legion.Kouyuuken3 4h
5h Viability of Disc as Pure DPS Just food for thought here ~ I'm not a huge fan of Discipline healing in this expansion. I'm not saying it's not viable or anything, it's just not my thing. I prefer to use it for soloing -- So my question, with proper gear, is it possible for Disc to be a decent pure dps spec? Because I wouldn't mind dedicating time to boosting up both my artifact weapons if it means I have a DPS spec that isn't Shadow (which I'm not really getting the hang of).Indilee27 5h
5h Stat priorities for Benediction Heya id like to know what stats are best for benediction? Id like to try it out for mythic dragons, but im not entirely sure if Im using the right armor/ stats. Ive got both armors set for shadow and holy. So i can easily swap between haste/mastery/crit. If theres a pawn string out there too that would help out greatlyArtzombie2 5h
6h wut After playing holy for a week or two, went to see what all the hub-bub was about disc. Ran a few heroics just to get a feel. Now, granted I only have 11pts into my artifact and my group was all 800 doing 65k dps, but what in the hell was that? When someone gets slammed to 5% health, what's my equivalent to HW:Sanc? And when all five are us are at <40% HP, what am I doing to get every bumped back up? It seemed like I was really just stuck shadowmending everyone. It felt like I wasn't doing the DPS I thought I would be doing, and instead I was straight out healing. I mean, does it get better with high AP? Perhaps m+ dungeons with better geared players? Am I the only one that doesn't get it? My last run, I swapped back to holy half way through. Went from everyone get hammered to all 90%+hp, zero mana issues, and a far smoother run. Iunno. Wasn't a fan.Agramond3 6h
6h Best Legendary for Discipline and Combo I personally think N'ero is the most powerful legendary for Discipline priest. It applies attonement immediately to all party members in barrier and increase healing done by atonement by 100 percent with artifact trait "barrier for the devoted". It greatly save the party and top up the health of everyone immediately and +25% damage decrease too. Due to this, it is suitable to use in both dungeon and raid as well. I am still thinking how other legendaries work in dungeon and raid. Below is my thought for combo. Legendaries combo for Raid: N'ero + Cord of Maiev (increase damage to heal) Legendaries combo for Dungeon: N'ero + Estel (increase haste to reduce spell casting time) Perhaps: Cord of Maiev + Xalan Please let me know if any other discipline priest has better option or thought on this topic.Kouyuuken28 6h
6h Race that fits my Shadow Preist RP? I am planing to create a shadow priest character and what to know what race fits the backstroy I have planed for him/her. The backstroy is that they became a Holy Priest to heal and protect people, but were driven over the edge by all the death and destruction they saw. They decided evil needed to be stopped at any cost and began using the power of the void, eventually becoming corrupted by it. Which race, preferably an Alliance one, would fit this kind of backstroy?Robyin16 6h
6h Hidden Disc Artifact Skin After Curator On walkthroughs it shows a room after Curator that you can walk into and get the artifact book, but there was a portal blocking the way, which took us to fight Medivh. I figured I'd just finish the dungeon and go back later. But we wiped on Mana Devourer and the group left. Now, when I enter Karazhan, it puts me at Mana Devourer room, which I can't leave. What am I supposed to do here? Any help appreciated. So now I can get back to Curator room, but the portal is still blocking the way to the rooms behind Curator.Vaccinathan3 6h
7h Im a shaman, how is disc? I am arround 870 shaman and i mostly play mythic+ dungeons. Ive managed to complete +11's although not on time I'd like to know how good is disc is in mythic+, because i feel like resto healing is overall weak except when i use my CD Being able to make the dg faster by dealing damage is nice, but on my disc (847 with only 2 relic slots) it just feels that most of the time im spamming shadow mend because attonement is not enough to heal the tank Does this change in higher ilvl? Will i be able to complete +9 without problem at 870? (with my shaman i can) Thanks for your help, disc seems very interesting in desing but ive heard both that they are great and that they are the worstTzhary15 7h
8h cast renew harder. it's a decent spell, not as good as it was in WoD, but not the garbage people say it is. cast more renew.Frophy27 8h
9h Is Mind Spike Even an Option? I won't deny it, I like mind spike and the fast cast hard hitting nuke it can provide. My guild (newly joined) has asked me to go shadow for Rdps in raids and of course I have to roll with S2M. Yes, my damage is still terrible and I am working on the gear =p However, is mind spike an option in any situation right now to be comparable to S2M or even LoTV numbers? Is it strictly a cleave mechanic? Have a nuke based Priest seems like fun to me and would love to make it work...I just don't think it can. Even with a ton of Int/Crit...could it work? If only MS was boosted by mastery...Anurok7 9h
11h Disc 7.1.5 ideas, constructive stuff only Hello all, well wanted to create this post to share and discuss some ideas about Disc priest heading into 7.1.5. Is important to notice that I'm looking it form a PvE stand point. Want to start by saying that I think Disc is in a very good place overall and the class design is really really good, however the one thing I don't like is that priests (this also applies for holy) are not only one of the slowest but also the squishiest healer I feel we should have at least one of those things going for us. Knowing that theres just so much that can be changed for a content patch I would propose highest priority is lvl 30 talent tree and Shadow Covenant talent. After that if there's still time maybe look at 'The Penitent' and 'Clarity of Will' as they don't really work well with our kit. Ok so as I said constructive stuff right?, so here are some ideas I have that I believe could work well:Huesos38 11h
12h Shadow Priest ideas and lvl100 talents I'll start off with my proposed changes. If you like them or if they at least intrigue you, read on for some more in-depth thoughts. But first, I should say that I enjoy the spec as it is now. Does s2m need to be fixed/reigned in? Obviously, yes. There are many problems with the spec as it is now, but I'll be primarily focusing on the lvl100 talent row. I'll assume you're all familiar with most or all of the problems with shadow at the moment, and hopefully you are familiar with the direction Blizz would like to take the spec. Here we go... 1. Each stack of voidform (vf) increases the amount of insanity you generate through spells and abilities by X amount, up to a cap of X%, reached at 10-20 stacks. (I'm not going to pretend to be a mathematician here...numbers will mostly be substituted with "X" or I'll give a range I feel is suitable) 2. Legacy of the Void (LotV) allows you to enter vf at 70 insanity. Every 10th stack of vf generates 10-20 insanity. 3. Mind Spike - literally just replace this talent with the new changes coming to Mind Flay/Mind Sear. Meaning without this talent, mind flay has no aoe component and mind sear is still a castable spell. With this talent, mind flay gains the aoe component with shadow word: pain (sw:p). 4. Surrender to Madness (s2m) - I have two ideas... s2m A: A 10 minute cool down that causes you to generate 100% more insanity. VF stacks do not cause you to generate more insanity while s2m is active. Can only be activated while in vf and ends when your insanity bar depletes. Does not horribly kill you. s2m B: A 3-5 minute cool down that allows vf stacks to increase your insanity generation by an additional X% (25? 50?). Ok. Now, why do I think these changes would be good? First of all, s2m A is almost exactly the same as it is currently on the ptr, with the exception of the killing part. I don't think s2m needs to kill you (I would like to compare s2m to the Hunter talent Stampede circa MoP. It was a 5 minute press and forget CD, and arguable the strongest dps CD in the game at the time. Obviously loads of things have changed since then, but I'm just pointing out that it was a very strong CD with zero penalties). Increasing insanity generation by 100% on a 10 minute CD is not a high enough reward to merit dying. You still only get to use it once per fight, and a 100% increase is not enough to allow you to stay in vf for outrageous amounts of time. I'd even like to see the insanity generation lowered to 80% or so if it means not dying at the end. This would allow you to use it at the start of the fight with heroism, the middle of the fight (maybe during a particularly harsh burn/add phase), or at the end for a sweet execute. It's more versatile. That being said, I like s2m B more. It fixes the problems of people reaching a zillion vf stacks, it's not game breaking like s2m has been in the past, and it gives us a nice CD to use once or twice a fight. It's really nothing special, just a CD that allows you to stay in vf a little longer. Maybe pair it with Power Infusion to hit a decently high vf stack. To address number 1: this change would increase the uptime of vf, which is when we do most of our damage. With the removal of lingering insanity, it will take longer to get back into vf. This change would simply add a little more to the overall time spent in vf without changing the time spent getting back into it. 2: LotV is underwhelming in it's current state. Most of us take it for world content and dungeons only because mind spike is even more useless and who's going to sacrifice themselves using s2m on easy stuff. Adding in a little extra insanity generation makes this talent more worthwhile. I've seen this idea tossed around before, but usually people want it to generate a few insanity every second, or allow you to enter vf at 50 insanity and it flat out gives you another 50. That's ridiculous. That's OP. This version won't allow you to stay in vf much longer than you normally would, and it still makes you work for the free insanity. Can't reach 20 stacks of vf due to cc, movement, boss immunity, etc? No free insanity for you! 3: Mind Spike is just a bad talent. I don't know of anyone who uses it...ever. I get what it's supposed to do, I understand why it's there, but there are no fights in which it is a dps increase to use mind spike. Additionally, with the changes coming to mind flay and mind sear, who would ever need mind spike? No one good, that's who. I'm actually please with the changes coming for those spells. I think it's an interesting idea that will improve our aoe quite a bit. But here's the thing: every spec doesn't have to have great single target, multi target (2-4), AND aoe baseline. Why bake aoe into our filler spell when we're already the strongest single target AND multi-dotter? It doesn't make sense to me. Instead, how about some options? Some versatility? Replace mind spike with a passive talent that makes mind flay do the aoe with sw:p. Sure, you're taking a hit on single target by not taking s2m or Lotv, but you're gaining some decent aoe. It's a choice. Choices are good. Also, without mind sear as a castable spell, we're losing insanity generation on aoe packs. I'd like to see this talent be a trade off: you gain actual aoe damage and lose a little single target damage. Without the talent you have less aoe, more single target, but you can at least spam mind sear on aoe packs for a little aoe and decent insanity generation. Well, that's about it. I should admit that shadow is not my main spec (disc is), but I still play it quite a bit and enjoy it immensely. Feel free to disagree with my ideas. Tweak them, change them, use them as a jumping point and inspiration for your own. Let me know what you all think. :)Paandadisc0 12h
12h Been lurking. Just wanted to say ty Returned for Legion after many years. Did the class previews and fell in love with the disc priest play style.Became eligible for heroics and found myself struggling to keep people up. Came here studied mend's tldr ,played auto jacks videos while i washed the dishes and I headed over to HTP for some info. Man my QOL improved dramatically.Having different spec values in Pwn helped tremendously with having my best gear equipped for the for the type of content I was playing. I got clique.. omfg not having to change my target to heal off raid frames wtf took me so long? Imported some weak auras set ups ...straight up night and day. I still have a bunch to learn and commit to second nature but I just want to say thank you. /much respect p.s getting mouse over macros set up this weekendÆzæroz7 12h
14h Wtf is going on with shadow?? Can someone explain to me what the hell they are trying to accomplish with these shadow changes? From the ptr they feel so much worse and it's making no sense at all why they are doing it unless someone has some insight on this garbage. Surrender to madness is op we get it so why not just nerf the god damn talent and balance it around the class rather than nerf the entire spec to balance it around the talent??? Maybe I'm wrong but it feels like they continue to gut the spec over one stupid talent rather than just remove the talent that's causing all the issues.Bigorcbanana46 14h
15h Shadow Dot Addons Could you guys please suggest some addons to use to manage dots? Right now I'm using Plater, while good, it doesn't seem to be ideal. Maybe there is a way to tweak it better? I have seen some nice UIs that show the health percentage of the enemies above their avater as well as track the enemy's health bar on the right side of the screen for easy clicking and applying dots.Deacon1 15h
15h Order Advancement: Altars of Blessing Does anyone know what the buffs you get are? I haven't been able to find any information on them.Chronormu16 15h
15h Surrender to Madness isn't broken... Surrender to Madness (talent) isn't broken. Mass Hysteria (trait) is broke. Buff Mindspike / add back in dot weaving and cleaving. Cap Mass Hysteria (trait) at 80-100 stacks. Instantly we have a much more viable dungeon spec and StM Priests will no longer be 20-40% of everyone else in the raid at the 1% level of play.Moth9 15h
16h How difficult is Shadow for PvE? Hey folks, How difficult is the Shadow rotation for PvE, mostly solo with maybe some dungeons and LFR? Seems like Shadow (Troll race, maybe??) is a great way to go to the dark side without going all-out evil like Warlock! I feel like such a goody-good on this Pally, I need some balance! Thanks for any info!Walderson9 16h
16h Moonlit Prism for Discipline It seems like this question has been asked before and the answer is yes, if a discipline priest equips this trinket and uses a dps spell, it will proc the trinket. However when I try it I do not see a buff appearing no matter how many dps spells I cast. Are we sure this works for discipline and, if so, why doesn't the buff appear?Glorah1 16h
18h Mythic+ Holy Priests So I see people argue that Holy Priests are near bottom of the pack this expansion although still completely viable. I'm interested in finishing leveling my Holy Priest from back in MoP and was curious how they fare in Mythic+. Is it significantly harder then with other healers or do you not really feel a big difference in 5 mans? I won't really be raiding on the toon much aside from occasional PuGs for upgrades, my main focus is higher Mythic+. Appreciate any feedback. Lastly, is the spec/talent explanations on IcyVeins a good source for speccing for Mythic+? Or does anyone have a good spec they could share with me? Just something to get me started at least. Thanks! :)Taiyiss19 18h
18h Haste/Crit scaling reduction. So we heard your quality of life was abhorrently bad until you hit haste and crit soft caps. And we heard the ptr gutted your quality of life and rotation even harder than before. So like, we are also going to reduce the crit and haste you get from items. We know this will severely cripple several classes, but we were worried you still thought you'd be middle of the pack of 7.1.5. Hopefully this debunks that naive notion. Thanks for your time : )Amína9 18h
20h Suggestions for Priest PvP CC If Holy could talent in to an option to allow Shackle Undead to also be used against players and beasts at the cost of it being a root instead of a total shutdown cc I think Holy would become a lot more self-sufficient. I also believe that Disc and Shadow should get Void Tendrils back as either baseline or a talent/honour talent for a root. Right now Shackle is only useful against Unholy Deathknights in PvP for their pets.Wisdumos11 20h
23h Best shadow priest names! Looking for cool names :DPurzu21 23h
23h Wishlist: WotLK Disc into Legion content... I miss WotLK Disc playstyle :( Wouldn't it be cool to be able to transpose previous class specs into current content? What would you play again if you could in Legion expac?Bishopxix15 23h
23h Legendary Rankings? (Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was unable to find information about how to rank Holy Priest legendaries via Google or forum searches.) I am curious if Holy Priest legendaries have been ranked according to effectiveness/desirability along with a good/detailed explanation for those rankings. My main is a mage, and I don't really have a lot of experience with healing this expansion (some heroic EN is the most I've done). Yesterday during raid time I got lucky and I received X'anshi, Shroud of the Archbishop Benedictus, and it seems fairly useful (since no one can avoid all deaths, especially movement impaired Holy Priests...). How do the others compare? I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!Zindus3 23h
1d After so many years...Illumination!!! Short story: I created a Draenie Priest when TBC came out, after level 6 I got bored to spam the same and unique button. I got back on my Rogue and left WoW in the late TBC. I came back mid WoD, took back my Rogue but in the late WoD I was looking at my Priest and told myself ''why not give a second try?'' and so I started to level up my Priest. Once again it was terribly boring, at level 45 I gave up. I bought Legion, of course I played my Rogue, reached the max level and started my favorite part of the game, PvP. Now there's no need to explain what's going on with the Rogue class, there's so many issues that it even became embarrassing to pay for that. Instead to cancel my subscription like many did (which would make sense) or whine like so many others (which is not a solution but still, normal), I used a level boost for my Priest. One more time I got bored , why the quest giver send me to kill stuff as my character is a healer? Beside the few First Aid quests there's almost nothing designed for healers in order to level up. Before login off, I queued up for a random BG telling myself that maybe it still possible to level up through BGs. Always in the front line, answering to distress call, at few occasion something weird happened to me, so strange... some players wrote ''thank you'' Then after few BG a guild member asked me to join a party for a random dungeon, before saying ''no'' because I always disliked dungeons for the slow pace of action and predictability of the monster's behavior. I said ''yes'', after all I won't be the one who will deal with the static content. Once in the dungeon, I felt something unexpected, pressure. Then something even more singular, responsability. Honestly I wasn't very comfortable, knowing that 4 players will rely on me to survive was a disturbing sensation. Against all odd, I did have a lot fun, after 4 dungeons I wasn't even tired I wanted to do more but I was out of time. Today will be my 2nd day on my Holy-Priest and I have only 1 regret, it's to have left my Draenie in a church somewhere on the Exodar, praying during the last 9 years.Mumiah1 1d
1d Discipline Prejudice I am a casual player that became an altaholic during WoD. Destro with a little affliction, Arms with a little protection, Discipline with a little shadow, Enhancement with a little resto, Windwalker, and Unholy are the specs I play. I healed three mythics with little trouble as disc. Yet at the start of two of those encounters tanks whispered "You should switch to Holy". The first tank dropped shortly after we started. He was a bad tank. Obviously me bouncing between classes is not going to make me the best Discipline priest. A lot of hate Discipline gets is from people wanting healers to be a crutch for bad game play. The spec is not hard. Keep atonement up then do damage. Basically if you like Disc then play disc. A lot of the times you are not the problem.Shonufoshiz37 1d
1d secondary stats We've all heard that secondary stats are getting a nerf. So what does this mean with disc and haste? Will we be less effective in 5 mans? I'm not really understanding how this will be a good thing for the spec. Can someone plz help me?Wubbabubble12 1d
1d Order Hall question I can't find the NPC who offers the armament work orders, I can't find a marker for him in the order hall, does anyone know where they are at?Adrestia1 1d
1d Balancing LotV and S2M - It can be done I believe it is possible to balance S2M and LotV so that they are both viable playstyles, and excel in different situations. Real quickly, let's address this first: ... Putting a cap on Mass Hysteria is healthy. ... LotV becomes the 'more Voidforms' option, with S2M being the 'longest Voidform' playstyle. The balance would be that LotV would look like a Pendulum on the damage charts, smoothly transitioning between it's peak (just before Voidform ends) to building Insanity for the next VF while S2M would do less initially, going Nuclear in a single huge damage spike when used (until the Priest is dead). S2M would pull ahead and excel in fights where the execution phase is critical, and damage can flow uninterrupted for the duration. LotV would be better for fights where mechanics interrupt or stop damage, CC is involved, or most of the damage is important pre-execute phase. What about the other lvl 100 talent? Honestly, just make it: ... I think the 3rd 100 talent should just be something fun, niche, and utility based since the other talents cover the 2 real competetive playstyle choices. It would be a decent questing talent, option for under-geared SPriests who don't have much haste, and play-style option. I imagine it as a perma-pet, that has a taunt you can toggle. It also offers a larger range of difficulty-throttle for Shadow, which is important for a spec to have. Vial = Easy, LotV = Medium, S2M = HardXerathos14 1d
1d Testing Shadow in the ptr So pretty much been playing on the ptr lately and theres a few concerns I have. With the set tier the VB spam lacks heavy in a pack of adds. I'm missing out on plenty of AoE damage spamming VB. On live with the ring I can have a group taking damage from my dots with the damage of Mind Sear on top of that. On the PTR VB can do enough damage on a few adds but after a certain amount of adds the damage of the 4 VBs isn't going to cut it. What sucks is having that sweet button light up and knowing you can hit 4 VB back to back but having to Mind Flay instead, to gain the aoe damage. I'm not liking this. I would want the set tier to have the 2pc bonus be what the 4pc bonus is now and replace the 4pc bonus with 'When you enter VF your VB does X damage to nearby enemies for 6s. That or make VB do splash damage baseline. I don't like having to hold out on free spammable VBs, it's counter intuitive. Also I haven't noticed but does 4pc bonus let VB extends our dots above max or to max cap? Lastly, I've been using Mania exclusively to get a feel for it and I think it's a bummer that it doesn't provide any extra improvement to your speed at 0 Insanity. I think Mania should have a passive bonus of 10% and scale up with insanity or have a static increase when inside VF. It feels like im running too slow when I'm trying to run from a hazard and about to fall out or starting the ramp up of VF.Míndplay3 1d
1d PVP gear rewards Question so this is my 3rd alt or so and i mainly pvp on him but sometimes pve on him, almost every piece of gear i get from pvp has versatility on it? is this all thats possible? i cant roll haste/crit crit/mast ETC? its always been something/vers on everythingCromp1 1d
1d Healing OS So I main shadow on my priest, but at this point in time it's currently not 110 so I can't start researching AK yet, but my shadow weapon is already 13. Should I continue to dump the small number of AP into my shadow weapon, or should I start on my healing OS? In which case, I'm not going to ask which one is better.... They both definitely have a strong spot. I like that disc seems godlike for soloing anything out in the world you may have to solo, holy however seems a little more noob friendly. Would it be worth it to learn disc and put into that or do the latter?Saitamax1 1d
1d Legion:Disc Not Viable in Higher End Content? From a developer interview with Towelliee, SpartySmallwood, and Slootbag: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ ... So the spec has been made far more complicated than holy - which is described as being one of the most "accessible" healers - and is only viable at low level content? That doesn't sound promising for disc.Dliver48 1d
1d Rate the xmog above you let the judging beginFakéyou346 1d
1d 7.1.5 Shadow Priest changes Hello all! I am a fellow shadow priest who, since Legion's beta, have been part of our spec's discussion in mmo-champion's Shadow Priest Thread. I am RsinRC in those forums if anyone is curious. Many things have been discussed since day one and we are a passionate bunch looking to better our spec having it stay complex enough to keep us coming for more but also keeping it easy understand at a basic level. In 7.1.5. for those who don't know they have changed a few things and, I for one, feel like these are steps in the right direction but are definitely showing some sort of unfinished mechanics. They did announce how they are not done with the changes but from we shadow priests learned in the Legion beta, the things that we would've thought or liked to be part the spec was changed or removed and the class suffers in talent variation at the very least. Having said that, the spec does have attractive and very unique features, mechanics and lore still attached to it and I'm for the most part satisfied with them. From the testing and runs I've done in the recent ptr build, so far, I've noticed and learn that they are trying to make Legacy of the Void and the rotation while not inside Surrender to Madness a bit more competitive and lowering the cap of stacks you can get when under StM's buff by speeding up the process to get into Void Form more smoother and faster even without Lingering Insanity as a passive. I do enjoy this change for personal reasons but it also gives a more attractive choice and not feel so bad when choosing a talent like LotV vs StM. Void Lord being replaced by our already baseline and passive Lingering Insanity was a surprised no one was expecting since they mentioned how Shadow is going to go under moderate to big changes soon and generally speaking making talents that are mandatory or used 90% of the time baseline and replaced. All we got was an already baseline ability into a talent. I can understand why with the insanity nerf and ability's insanity buff, but still a bit an unusual step in the process considering how again Shadow needs variety in our talents. One thing that has very recently brought up is the change with Mind Flay and the removal of Mind Sear. We are in the middle of a discussion where this change affects our legendary ring in a substantial and negative way. Basically we can 'save' or hold on to, if you will, the spread component of the ring for a better opportunity with Mind Sear. Unfortunately, with the removal of Mind Sear we will have to use Mind Flay for st and aoe and cannot save the spread for when we need it most. We do go in and out of VF more often in the ptr but the mechanic of being able to hold on to this will surely be missed and felt. Also Void Bolt only extending our dots instead of fully refreshing them is a welcome change in the aoe department but it comes with a down side. We will no longer be efficient in multi dotting targets spread part. I proposed a change where Void Bolt fully refreshes the dots on the target it hits but extends our dots on targets near the main target. Or have Void Torrent pause the countdown on our dots but let them continue ticking. Maybe they thought of this simple change but chose not to go with it and I'm not sure why. Maybe we will see soon, hopefully. Something that someone proposed that made me want to come to these forums and write about was this... ...Having Void Eruption be the ability that refreshes the dots on our targets. Void Eruption already only hits targets with SWP and VT applied so why not have that ability be what refreshes our dots and having VB extend them. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. This person also said having Sphere of insanity have some type of interaction with this but Void Eruption really stood out for me. I thought of a silly but OP idea where the ring grants Void Eruption the ability to spread dots near the targets or maybe do splash damage. Keeping the ring the way it is now and just tacking Mind Flay to it isn't a good change imo and further makes things restrictive to an already restrictive spec. I hope this pitch gives a push on creative ideas and useful comments to help out the Shadow Priest and make it a more versatile and fun streamlined specialization. Thanks for your time and come check the shadow priests forums in mmo-champion if you're interested in shadow priest topics.Míndplay21 1d
1d I tried to go Disc and.... In hopes of being able to bring extra deeps and versatility to my Guild I'm trying to learn Disc healing. I was feeling confident but I had kind of an awkward moment on my 2nd attempt at Disc healing ever just last night.... I main Holy, I can handle Holy. Some Normal EN, Mythic+ up to bout' 8 or so, I'm no hardcore but I can handle myself. The problem though is that I'm "trying" to make myself learn Disc as well, and to be honest it just does not come naturally to me. Before last night the extent of my Disc healing consisted of Order Hall dummies and 1 Heroic with a Guild Member tanking. Welp, random Hero Vengeance DH decided to try to mass pull just about everything between each boss on Heroic Warden and it was obvious that I was struggling. I told the group at the beginning that I was new at Disc, I asked him to slow down, I asked him to use some mitigation (checked combat log he never used mitigation outside of 1 boss pull), I even said that if he'd just stop for a moment I'd switch to Holy and we'd be fine but NOOOOOOOO........ The only thing he ever did was post "shutup and gitgud" and just kept right on rolling. I even had 1-2 sympathetic DPS ask him to hold up and let me switch specs. Somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd boss we finally wiped on something or another and I just apologized to the DPS who were all being very patient and quit the dungeon. I felt like a piece of !@#$ and was embarrassed to no end but 2 of them whispered me afterwords and told me it wasn't my fault so at least I had that going for me. TLDR: I tried Disc and for more reasons than 1 it went horrible! Do you Disc'ers out there have any advice for me?Gingerboy38 1d
2d Shadow after Legion I understand that there is a ton of confusion in regards to Spriests atm and our ability to even be a viable choice in any group setting, but has anyone taken into consideration after the shows over what will become of us? VoiT is one of the better ways we can stay in VF the longest, but our artifacts will not carry over with us into the next expansion... What then? Not just Spriests either mind you... Quite a few other classes will be in trouble and in dire need of a redesign in order to compensate for our lack of artifact weapons. Will blizzard "bake" the traits into our spells and abilities? I look at this coming patches design for our class specifically and laugh. The promise of no major game changing modifications happening yet oops... There goes LI... if we thought this whole expansions constant redesign of our spec every patch was bad, I can't wait to see the clown show that will be the transition into the next expansion. Just some food for thought, stand by y'all.Thrîve13 2d
2d Holy Priest easily the least useful healer After spending the last hour being denied for Mythic+2 groups it really dawned on me how inferior Holy Priest is compared to any other healer. We have zero utility or mobility and just remain stationary while spamming flash heal. If anyone disagrees please tell me why I'm wrong, lets have a real discussion.Baldkami110 2d
2d Mythic ilygnoth and helya trinkets/leg Hey guys, I was curious to what trinkets would give me the best output for fights like ily and helya, the two bosses I'm facing in progression atm. Any additional tips would be great, as well as what legendaries are best for the fights. 880 Swarming plaguehive 860 arans relaxing ruby 875 wriggling sinew 880 twisted wind 865 bough of corruption 875 padawans unlucky charm 845 chrono shard Legendaries: mangazas madness mother sharahz twins torch thanks guys!Vìkt1 2d
2d Psillych gauntlet as Disc - any tips? In the withered training scenario, I'm having a hard time getting through the gauntlet of Psillych Spiderlings on my Discipline Priest. It's a piece of cake on my Moonkin, and not too hard on this character either. But I feel like my Priest just doesn't have good tools to deal with it. I try to DOT everything I can, but I just end up getting swamped. Can anyone offer any pointers? BTW I typically have 20-25 withered by that point, but they don't offer much help on the spiderlings.Zelintha7 2d