5d Shadow PvP: Legion Season 1 Last Updated: 16OCT16 At the time of posting I am Prestige 3, Honor Rank 31; all three gold artifact traits unlocked. Also note I am a Lv110 Human. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change :( Welcome to Legion Shadow PvP! Below you will find the sections within this guide. I’m going to try and stay focused on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the new PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion conversation begins on page 21. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige Live, and upcoming 7.1 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige: Live and 7.1 The new “Prestige System” was designed to earn “Honor Ranks”. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress at Honor Rank 50. As you climb up in HonorRank, you gain gold, Artifact Power, and new abilities. In most cases the higher you Honor Rank is, the better the rewarded talents are. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you have the option to “Prestige”. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. However, you will lose all earned Honor Talents. When Patch 7.1 is released on October 25, 2016, “Prestige-ing” will not remove your Honor Talents any longer. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv800, and for each item level above iLv800, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv850, when you enter you will get a 5% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: Generally, [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time, whereas [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer. [Fortress of the Mind] comes isn’t really worth mentioning. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, requires enemy engagement to maximize the talent, and earning Insanity can be difficult at time. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast while giving us an absorption shield. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Void Lord] is mainly used for PvE when it is chosen. The idea being that if you have Lingering Insanity stacks when you enter Void Form, you can keep it momentarily which can allow for some devastating Void Torrents (as an example). [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with [Twist of Fate] and the Honor Talent [Last Word] flawlessly. Plus, it will allow you to enter Void Form more quickly or maintain it longer. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing. Recommended: Reaper of Souls. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent, especially if your loot luck only allowed you to have the relics that amplify Vampiric Touch damage. [Auspicious Spirits] is a great talent if you are 3/3 Unleash the Shadows in your Artifact Weapon. But this is normally used for PvE Insanity generation. [Shadowy Insight] is usually the top pick for PvP since SW:Pain spreading is mandatory, the instant MB casts allow us mobility, and the Insanity generation is excellent when it fires off. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is hands down the best for Shadow Priests because it allows us much faster casting, passive insanity generation from the faster casting, and direct insanity generation from activating it. However, it is both dispellable and Spell Steal-able. It’s one thing to have it purged, it is another to give it to a Mage. If it is stolen and the situation permits, dispel it from the Mage. [Shadow Crash] is not worth discussing. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Power Infusion. Tier 7 note, The Shadow Priest community has made solid arguments to the developers about this tier, and they have responded promises changes slightly after Patch 7.1. The TL;DR version (for) PvP is LotV and MS are severely lackluster abilities, while S2M is amazing (sans the guaranteed death) except it is too easy to lockdown a Shadow Priest in S2M. It is almost always a guaranteed death with little positive results. Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often, which in turn keeps Void Form more active (more 20% damage), more access to Void Torrent, and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Mind Spike] not worth discussing. [Surrender to Madness] or S2M. This hot potato ability is great but almost useless in PvP due to both the guaranteed death, ease of locking a Shadow Priest down with CC while it is active, and the long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents More of this guide is coming soon as I produce it. Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta, 12+ Years and still goingMerrik418 5d
10h [Guide] Mend's TLDR Disc Raiding Guide 7.0.3 This guide assumes you already understand the fundamentals of the Discipline Priest toolkit. If you're brand new to the class, it's recommended you read through Total's 7.0 Disc Guide located here: ... So, guides are great and all, but they sure are hard to digest. Even after you read over them, you’re not quite sure where to go from there. That’s where my TLDR guide will come in to help. I intend on offering bite-sized chunks of information for you guys to look at and use as a resource to get a quick understanding of a very complex class; Discipline Priest. Here I will go over the necessities and things that I usually go over in various other threads on the Priest Forums, or discussions in Discord on various servers. Discipline operates in a raid in two distinctive “phases”. I call them the “cool-down phase” and the “ramp-up phase”. Details are below. ... Cool-down periods are times during an encounter between major predictable AoE damage where you maintain around 5 Atonement’s (as needed) using Plea and Power Word: Shield while weaving in your DPS rotation (Penance, DoT, and Smites). ... At about 10 seconds until AoE damage is about to come out, you will Atonement up to 5 using Plea (more info below as to why), Power Word: Shield to 6 Atonement’s, (use Power Infusion if spec'd into it) Power Word: Radiance to 15+ (Power Word: Shield may come off CD, so use it if it does to get one more Atonement out). After this, use Light’s Wrath (if off CD) followed by Penance / Mindbender / Smite filler. ... Plea mana cost increases linearly *not* exponentially (see below, normalized to 1000 mana, not actual value): 1000 mana 2000 mana 3000 mana 4000 mana 5000 mana Any cast of plea after 5 Atonement's in raid are considered less effective than PW:R. Never use Plea after 5 Atonement’s. ... - Never Plea past 5 Atonements. - Don’t try to cover every AoE ability if your mana can’t handle it. - Work out an innervate with a Boomkin if you have one. - Get Darkmoon Deck: Promises (BiS Mana Trinket for Disc until Mythic Nighthold) - Use my WeakAura’s here: to time Atonements for Major AoE. - Let other healers handle topping people off. Use Shadow Mend very sparingly. (Trust me) - Don't feel obligated to keep up 5 Atonement's if they aren't needed. - Conserve mana as much as you can, even if that means wasted GCD's by not casting Smite. ... What food should I be eating? Contrary to popular opinion, haste food is not the best option for Disc right now. Fishbrul Special ( is giving better output currently. It's usually hovering at 3+% dps and 2+% healing increase. Alright, Mend, if Disc is so good, why do you require a mana trinket and innervates to raid at a competitive level? Other healers don’t need these types of trinkets and they beat us on the meters! Good question. You don’t. Discipline Priests have a unique role as a healer. We are meant to smooth out damage during major AoE abilities and we handle this well, if you follow the rules above and use my WeakAuras linked here. The common misconception about Discipline Priests is that we are somehow a traditional healer, when in fact, we are gifted with something no healer has had in the past; the ability to convert mana to healing in a matter of seconds. Discipline Priests can unload our mana bar in a short time to handle these major AoE abilities unlike other healers that can react with relatively weaker AoE heals. This causes Discipline Priests to suffer on the “overall healing” meter, but succeed amazingly when it matters to avoid wipes. Mana trinkets (like Darkmoon Deck: Promises, Amalgam’s Seventh Spine, and others) allow for us to reduce that extreme mana burn during “ramp-up phases” and allow us to prolong our amazing healing throughout an encounter. This includes taking advantage of Innervate from Balance Druids. It’s only common sense for us to take advantage of mana reduction since, as I stated, we have the unique ability of converting mana to healing at a moments notice. I’m having mana issues, what’s up? Make sure you’re not using Plea after 5 Atonements. Also, if your mana cannot support it (if you don’t have a mana regen trinket or Druid), try to handle every other AoE ability instead of all of them. Also make sure that you're conserving mana where you can (casting less Smite, maintaining less Atonement). We need to make sure we have as much mana as possible for our burst windows. I don’t know what gear to choose, do you have stat weights? These are the officially accepted stat weights for Discipline Priests. They are calculated under the assumption that your burst phase will have at least 12 Atonement's applied, and your healing will be from Atonement by 65% or higher. (Credits to Lutcikaur for his work) Disc Raid: Intellect .865 | Critical Strike 0.685 | Haste 1 | Mastery 0.729 | Versatility 0.655 Input these weights into Pawn (addon linked below) to see if items are an upgrade and to correctly itemize your character. The more Atonement contributes to your healing, the higher Mastery's weight increases as well. These weights will change in 7.1 potentially with some of the talent changes, so keep an eye on this guide for more information. Since I also get asked a lot of questions regarding dungeon stat weights, I have added them below. Disc Dungeon: Intellect 1.225 | Critical Strike 0.961 | Haste 1 | Mastery 0.617 | Versatility 0.928 What trinkets should I use? If you can afford one, Darkmoon Deck: Promises is considered BiS until Mythic Nighthold. I personally run two mana trinkets, such as Promises + Amalgam’s Seventh Spine, or another mana trinket like Cocoon of Enforced Solitude or an Alchemists Stone in conjunction with Darkmoon Deck: Promises. If you do get a Cocoon of Enforced Solitude, it is considered better than Amalgams Seventh Spine. However, if you get a Warforged or Titanforged Amalgam's Seventh Spine and it happens to be within 10 item levels below Cocoon of Enforced Solitude, Amalgam's is a better choice. I'd recommend for you to do the math on it if the situation arises. Amalgam's Seventh Spine mana contribution can be assumed to be every 6 seconds, so 10 times a minute you'll get the listed amount of mana on the tooltip. Cocoon of Enforced Solitude is a set amount every second for 10 seconds on a two minute cooldown. Calculate how much mana each of these will give you in a two minute period to see which will provide you the most mana back during an encounter and use that one. Promises beats out both of these by quite a wide margin, so it's your go-to trinket. How do I handle the ______ boss fight? Any boss specific tips and strategy will be discussed here: I will make sure to write tips for every boss I've killed and provide any videos I create there as well. If you’re wanting some assistance on when you should be preparing your Atonement’s for AoE damage, I created a WeakAura to notify you 10 seconds prior to an ability occurring for most (will update as needed) AoE abilities currently in Normal and Heroic Emerald Nightmare. The WeakAura string: The WeakAura is set up for both BigWigs and DBM. You can also change the name used to the proper name for your client language if needed as well on the "Triggers" page. When the WeakAura reads that there is 10 seconds left on the timer for an ability, it will notify you both visually and audibly that the ability is about to happen, allowing you to start applying Atonement’s for your “ramp-up phase”. What talents should I use? This is a very fight specific topic, however, I will explain the current state of talents and what circumstances you'd decide to switch. 15 | Castigation A flat 33% buff to Penance beats out an extra GCD used every ~6 seconds in Schism (also costs no mana) and provides more benefit for overall output than The Penitent. 30 | Angelic Feather or Body and Soul This choice is really a personal choice. I go with Feather. 45 | Your choice This one really doesn't matter for raiding. 60 | Mindbender Mana returns are slightly lower than Shield Discipline, but Mindbender scales with Haste and also can be considered a healing CD on a 1 minute cooldown, making it extremely valuable for the additional throughput during our burst healing. Solace shouldn't be taken. 75 | Power Infusion or Twist of Fate Rule of thumb here is if you get 30% uptime or higher on Twist of Fate you should use it over PI. What I do is do the first couple attempts using Twist of Fate to see what uptime I get, and then decide whether to keep it or switch to PI. PI can be used with PW:R during your "Ramp-Up Phase" to reduce mana costs and speed up your cast time. 90 | Halo I only use Divine Star in dungeons. Halo is definitely the go-to choice for raiding because of its range. Clarity of Will doesn't have a purpose right now, unfortunately. 100 | Purge the Wicked (sometimes Grace) To start, Shadow Covenant is a horrible talent, and should never be used. Purge the Wicked is what we will use on nearly every encounter because of the added damage it provides converts to more healing from Atonement. However, in some circumstances, it is ok to choose Grace. Example would be on a fight where there is no predictable raid damage, or, that fight is designed in a way where we cannot successfully time our ramp-up period to heal it. In these cases it can be alright to use Shadow Mend and spec into Grace to spot heal. I've recently used this strategy on Mythic Elerenthe Renferal and it worked with relative success. Rule of thumb: 95% of the time it's Purge the Wicked over Grace, but never rule Grace out completely if your raid needs you to spot heal on an encounter not designed around our burst AoE healing. Alright, so I did what you said and am doing everything right, but I’m still running out of mana. Please help! One thing to note: If you’re still having trouble with mana, you can always cut out Smite from your “cool-down phase” and only use it during your burst. Another thing, keeping 5 Atonement’s up is not always required if the people with Atonement aren’t going to take damage. Sometimes it’s better to just PW:S someone (tank, or another person) and use Penance on CD. Considering most (75%+) of all of our healing comes from our burst healing during predictable AoE, it’s actually “ok” for us to do less during periods of less damage. We are not a traditional throughput healer; we don’t need to top people up all the time. Other healers are better at that. How do you treat Rapture in a raid setting? (Question from Tsahad-Dalaran) I use Rapture in situations where I am on the run and need to apply Atonement, or in a situation like the Winds that push back on Elerenthe Renferal. My tip would be to find a time where you can get the most benefit out of it during each fight and can anticipate using it off CD for the same ability, or have it towards the end of an encounter to save a wipe. I've also used it to help apply Atonement when other healers use their healing CD's. Example being on Ursoc, I heal the first charge using Lights Wrath, druid tranq's the second. I will use Rapture on the second charge to apply PW:S and Atonement to around 10-12 stacks instead of 15+ and still benefit from getting some healing that way. It depends what your current set up is, but that is another way to use Rapture. This information on raids is good and all, but I need some help in dungeons. Any tips? I'd recommend to watch Sups' M+ streams on his Twitch channel if you're interested in seeing one of the best Disc players complete high M+ dungeons. If you're struggling in earlier dungeons, here are some tips that I normally give to folks: - Shadow Mend anyone who is taking damage and drops below 75% - PW:S on cooldown to apply Atonement on someone who has dropped below 75% - Keep your DoT on your primary target (PtW or SW:P) - Penance on cooldown. - Smite filler if needed, but the harder the content the more you'll Shadow Mend. - Spec into Grace unless you outgear the dungeon by a lot. ---------- If this guide seems outdated, please refer to my written guide located here: If you have further questions, please reach out to the Discord community via this link: 10h
1h Disc Priest Destroyed In Legion It seems to be a failed weak version of a druid. They won't out-heal any other class, nor will they out-dps any other class. It's a shame, I've got all classes to 100 except my shaman, and this is the only spec I enjoyed playing with....gone.Verrigan250 1h
3h Idea for alternate punishment for s2m deaths Had a funny idea that instead of just collapsing to our death when we fail with surrender. It should turn us into a mind flayer or some other mindless form. for the rest of the fight and drastically restrict our abilities. Like give us mind blast and mind flay. Maybe shadow crash or something for a little aoe. Just something to make you not entirely useless for dying early but still feel punished for going insane using the powers of the old gods. Maybe toss in some random /say flavor about the gods coming back etc. Maybe some artifact lines where she laughs at you for losing yourself to the madness and how easy it was to corrupt you. Dunno seemed fun enough for meAlicerose15 3h
4h PW: This is not the Void you're looking for. Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: Discuss: We're a million years into the expansion. How is it holding up? Edit: I guess we missed it, but happy 5th birthday to the PW threads!Nixxia64 4h
4h Spriest & mastery So I've been stacking a haste and crit as suggested in various forums/guides. I ran a raid and mythic+ with shadow priests with 65-70% mastery and about 20-25% haste. The one guy in the mythic+ run out dps'd me by 50K although I was tagged by bosses a lot for evasion mechanics in BRH. In the raid, the other guy sustained a slightly higher DPS/sec, but I had about 10% more overall damage primarily because my S2M uptick was about 30% more damaging than his. I guess my question is if mastery is supposedly inferior to all other stats, why am I seeing spriest with high mastery pulling higher numbers than me in Recount. I always wondered why a stat that increased our dot damage dramatically was deemed the worst stat modifier. My dots usually account for 40% of my overall damage. Higher mastery seems like a good way to offset ramp up dps loss if we need to break rotation for a mechanic. Thoughts?Faythfull11 4h
4h Murloc Mind Control This is one of the Priest Hall quests. You have to break an NPC out of a cage in the Murloc Village by Mind Controlling a Murloc and having him eat through the bars of the cage. PROBLEM: There are TONS of Murlocs. I levitate across the river to get close to the cage, and usually have to fight 6 or 7 just to get set up to TRY and mind control one. THEN as soon as I mind control one EVERY murloc around him goes aggro on him leaving him little chance to chew through the bars! ALSO if he fails and the mind control drops EVERY murloc that was attacking HIM aggros ME! I cannot defeat the whole murloc village at once. What am I missing here?Gordon12 4h
4h STM just stinks If the top tier talents were close hardly anybody would take this talent. So they had to find a way into forcing us to take it, hence the obvious dps discrepancy. It makes me mad as hell that some aloof dev cooks up this harebrained talent and then is allowed to try and force us into taking it. In some IT positions I personally have had too much power on occasion and ego got in the way of good business practice. I think this is what is happening with STM, it explains some of the bizarre stuff this expac and the extreme balance issues. They are off in the woods someplace and don't care what us serfs are gnashing our teeth about. And those that defend this talent's DPS discrepancy, it's like defending the person that treats you bad. Can't you see how manipulated this talent is? And they are fighting, deflecting, defering attempts to call it out. Probably hoping we'll just give up go silent and they can go back to high fiving one another. This xpac is increasingly feeling like "We'll cram it down your throat and you'll learn to like it". It's like they have no idea what the weapon gating has done to us and then letting something like STM coast through beta, release, 7.1.... Unacceptable....Idolator35 4h
5h Mind Spike: Rework and Discussion Hello fellow delvers and denizens of the Void; Xerathos here! I wanted to discuss: Mind Spike I encourage open feedback, and to share any suggestions you might have for changes to my own rework, or even if you have an idea of your own! Here is my suggestion (note that we maintain our channeled Mind Flay): ... To elaborate on my suggestion: ... It would function as a controlled increase to AoE, damaging in consistent, frequent bursts. New spikes, even those that auto-detonate because of maximum spikes, will refresh the duration of current Mind Spike stacks (15 second duration). For single target encounters, you would basically allow the spikes to stack and auto-detonate, which would provide a minor single target increase comparable to other talents on the tier. ... Mind Blast as the detonator As Mind Blast functions as a core part of our Insanity generation and damage, we want to be casting it as often as possible. This directly clashes with Mind Spike's design to stack spikes for burst AoE. Mind Sear is a prime detonator choice as we only cast it in AoE situations as is, allowing it to work harmoniously in this capacity with the rest of our abilities. Talent Placement: Ideally, we would see Mind Spike and Shadow Crash on the same tier. Having all of the talents on a Tier geared toward the same task adds richness, allowing the individual to decide on their preferred style whereas, contrariwise, talents on the same tier with very different strengths (i.e. having a Single Target and AoE increase to 'choose' from) dictates picks and eliminates choice by the demands of the encounter. Granted, there will always be the preferred choices and theoretical best which is practically unavoidable. The Goal with talents is to grant as much real choice as possible. If you moved Mind Spike on the talent tree, wouldn't there need to be other changes as well? More on this coming Soon! Losing Mind Flay, problem with Mind Spike as a Cast Mind Flay is an (arguably the) iconic Shadow ability that should not be compromised. Mechanically It allows for a smooth filler during Voidform. We can cast it for a single tick and clip it as higher priority abilities become available to use. Mind Spike as a casted spell adds a clunk into this weave, as we can either choose to commit to its full cast or not use it at all. Also, Shadow is not a spec defined by long casts. Any additional hard casting beyond Mind Blast would only serve to detract from the SPriest's unique style and and feel. ... Might edit and add on a few other thoughts I had at a later point Professor Xerathos High Priest of Ny'alotha “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown” -H.P. LovecraftXerathos2 5h
5h The Great Shadow nerf of 7.1 Squirmscream13 5h
6h Take DPS Trinkets off Disc Loot Table Please? In 50+ boss kills in normal and heroic EN, I've gotten zero relic upgrades. Why? Every boss that drops a relic also drops a useless DPS trinket, of which I've received 5. Yes, five. I was fine with the DPS trinket nerfs for disc, even if they were a bit on the harsh side. But they shouldn't have remained on our loot tables in this state. It's a significant hindrance to gearing for disc priests whose guilds use personal loot. Fix it! Take DPS trinkets off our loot table.Marketh9 6h
6h 5 man build Intrested in seeing what talents people are running for 5 man's . S2m is great but on a 10 min CD I might only get to use it on 1-2. Bosses max. The other 100 talents arnt worth it. What would you suggest for 5 man 842 ilvl talent build?Sosalty1 6h
6h How is Holy? I'm thinking about leveling my 90 priest and playing Holy for PvE and PvP. How is it overall? Anything to curb the enjoyment factor? Tips?Thirian19 6h
6h Voidform Tentacles Not Spawning I wrote an in-game bug report, but I'd just like to be thorough. Please fix this bug. The Tentacles are literally the best part of the spec for me, visually.Alistair25 6h
6h Disc Priest - have a perm attonement buff for tank (all other party members manually buff for 12 secs -power word radiance 1 sec cd Make purge the wicked talent into its own spell so u can keep 2 dots on mobs for more healsIzual31 6h
6h Voidform buff? Is this still there? Twists your Shadowform with the powers of the Void, increasing all damage you deal from 20% to 30%, reducing the cooldown on Mind Blast by 3 sec, and granting an additional 1% Haste every 1 sec. This was posted on Sept 28th 7.1 with the shadow form thing. Does this still apply in ptr?Madnesspants1 6h
7h what are some glyphs you'd add? Personally, I'd like a glyph that would allow my shadowform to appear darker, and more transparent. Basically, I'd like the old shadow form. I'd also would like a glyph that turns the Mind Flay visual back into the old model. I miss my blue squiggly line, it was cooler. Old Shadowform: Old Mindflay: 7h
10h How do you keep track of Atonement? Question in the title above. I really loved discipline's atonement healing style the last few expansions on a casual level, and I absolutely love love LOVE the idea behind the Legion change. But honestly I've been a bit afraid to try my hand at discipline. I'm pretty lightweight when it comes to addons- recount, needtoknow, a few pvp addons. There aren't really any interface options to keep track of Atonement on all my raid/party atonee's and the few times I've logged on to my disc it seems like beyond me and my focus target, I'm either losing heals because I let atonement fall of for precious seconds or refreshing it way too much out of fear it'll fall off because I just can't see the dang buff. I'm not interested in any addons that completely change my ui; a decade of wow has me set in my ways. But I would be thriled to hear how ya'll handle the problems, and some hopefully lightweight addons to make this doable :) Thank you priest community!Walletholder21 10h
10h Height Sense Vs Seventh Spine Disc I had a 870 Heightened Sense Drop tonight, I was running a 845 Seventh Spine and DMC Promise. Should I drop the Seventh spine for the Height Sense trinket or keep the 2 i was running before? and also was wondering if Height Sense procced off PWS or only plea and PWR Also, we currently have only have 1 druid with innervate and usually our pally gets the innervate. Just doing heroics atm, eventually get into mythics. any advice would be appreciated thanks.Healyeaa7 10h
10h Trinkets for disc Im curious about the best trinkets for disc at the moment. I am less concerned about the spa trinket debacle (not that I have 4 840+ ones or anything), and more interested in the mana règne ones. I currently have 840 seventh spine and LFR cocoon mana thing. I forget the name. Can't say they are my favourites at the moment. I should be getting into H Em soon on my priest (it's an alt), and I plan on focusing on it for the bits of content. I am considering buying a DMC promise, as it seems to be quite highly rated. Is it still very valuable? Even past H em, and with 7.1 about to drop? ThanksGalaadriel6 10h
10h Is 7.1 Nerf Justified? Seriously, I want to know. I REALLY want to know why there is a continuous nerf on all damage based spells for the shadow priest. If there are shadow priests in PvE, PvP, Mythic +, Raid.....god damn anywhere and everywhere pulling such HIGH DMG NUMBERS, WHERE ARE YOU?! I am dead serious, where are these people who apparently cause such a HUGE PROBLEM in the damage balance of things. I dare you to come forward and show how exactly you are doing this. And NO, do not quote me 1 fight or 1 instance of being "good". You need to be a whole picture looker here and show me how in EVERY situation you are outperforming your other DPS buddies, because this wide spread nerf affects everything in kind. So no quotes from double S2M for Xavius fight, no once every 10 min to have some dmg before death arguments [cause hey blizzard wanted talents to be a fun way to vary your play spec in a class....oh wait no looks like we have some cookie cutter necessity here to even get close to some high end numbers] Also, BTW blizzard, don't start spouting off balance adjustments when you clearly have issues on other things to balance than simply this. Cause, just so we lay it out here for the obvious morons that don't play the game or watch youtube, or chat with people; shadow priests are either ignored, overlooked, or considered down right INFERIOR. Check out posts, check out scale rating, check out recommended classes for mythic pluses, rated bg, etc. Guarantee you will see shadow priest at the bottom. So adding a nerf to put us lower in the dirt...where's the logic in that?Arroden13 10h
11h Opinions on Disc Priest Hello ! I've always been the type that loves magic/ranged (flashy animations) classes in any game. I thought of going MM Hunter in Legion, but sadly, I just don't feel in love with it and I don't enjoy the fantasy of the 2 other specs. I was thinking of changing to a Shaman or Priest for my main and then it occurred to me that Disc Priest are a hybrid DPS/Healing class. Does this mean I can heal and do good damage while questing and PvP? I'm a casual player this expansion. So, it would be just for questing/heroics/random BG's and maybe some mythics. Thank you!Mirkwood4 11h
12h Talents/honor talents Whats the consensus for these in 3s/RBGs?Msmiyagi3 12h
13h Holy is in a really bad spot after 7.1 Why is the worst Healing Spec being nerfed in 7.1? Divinity nerfed to 6 secs from 8. Guardian Angel (a talent change I was looking forward to) was changed back to 90 secs. The Holy Talent tree only has one cookie cutter build with no options. The PvP talent Holy Concentration was nerfed pretty hard as well. Holy is the least played spec in PvP at the moment. Holy has some serious movement and defensive problems. We are the only spec without a defensive cooldown, and our movement talent tier is garbage. What the heck is going on? It seems like Blizzard wants us all to reroll to Paladin, Monk, or Druid this Xpack.Bodytriangle83 13h
13h Why did you pick Shadow Priest? I've just recently leveled my priest and mage to 110 and im completely torn on which one i want to play as an alt. I love all 3 mage specs but i also love shadow and even both healing specs, but DPS is my main priority. Why did YOU choose to play shadow priest when there are other options like mage? What drew you to the class(spec) and what made you stay? What do you love most about it?Mikevs29 13h
13h Shadow Priest Talent Changes I know a lot of people have been worrying about the level 100 talent changes and have been waiting for them, I have some rework ideas for them that preserve their game-play style yet modify their effectiveness to make them all viable. Let me know what you think, fellow priests! Legacy of the Void: Passive: Increases Insanity generation when Voidform is not active by 50%. Active: Consumes all stacks of Lingering Insanity to deal 25% Spell Power per stack consumed. 1.5 second cast time. 30 Second CD. Mind Spike: Drives a mental spike into the target's mind, inflicting 225% spell power and applying Enfeeble and removing Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch from the target. Enfeeble stacks up to 10 times, when Mind Blast is cast on the target all stacks of Enfeeble are consumed, each stack increases the damage of Mind Spike, Mind Blast and Mind Sear by 10% for 10 seconds and reduces their cast time by 2.5% per stack consumed. Surrender to Madness: Passive: Increases Insanity generation inside of Voidform by 100%. Active: Your next Voidform becomes enhanced, causing all damage dealt to be increased by 35% for the duration and causing Mind Flay to deal the same damage, and generate the same insanity in half the time. These changes would allow for different play-styles while causing each to be viable in both PvP and PvE, without making one feel insanely overpowered compared to the rest. Thoughts?Baero1 13h
14h How is shadow at 7.1 in pvp? With shadow form returns and 10% damage reduction with it, how will it be in PVP?Mandrix9 14h
14h Discs in 2s We've faced a couple teams and we did not too bad but we noticed that discs were most of time just farming us. If i go on rogue he gets healed AND priest does crazy dmg and if i go on priest i gotta kick the dmg spells otherwise he kills my healer with the rogue without being able to bring him under 70% hp. I still manage to outdps the rogue despite all the absorbed dmg but we struggled the whole game, not even close. Plz fellows, enlighten me. 14h
15h Disc and hallow's end So I have been fighting the horseman and got 2 rings that suck for me. I think I loose ~500 haste with each ring. Is it just bad luck or are there no useful equips from the holiday? Are there any fun new things available, also?Varqov3 15h
15h Shadow: Talent & Quality of Life Suggestions 7.1 is around the corner Pvp: Shadow has major issues with cleaves, Shadowform physical damage reduction may not be enough. PvE: QoL issues with STM focus. Recent proposed changes Mind Sear damage and Insanity generation increased by 50%. Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion and Void Torrent are active. The benefit of Mass Hysteria (Artifact Trait) is now capped at 100%.(1) The change to Mind Sear is suppose to increase its viability but it's still horrible. There is no situation that mind sear would be better than dotting more targets, void bolt, mind blast, etc. We don't have time for filler spells on bigger pulls. If mind sear was able to proc "Call to the Void" (artifact talent which procs from Mind Flay) that would be the only reason I could see it being useful. (2)Change due to attempted balance around surrender to madness. (3)Change due to attempted balance around surrender to madness. Changes (2,3) should not go live. We need to stop trying to balance a class around STM. It's application is only viable in raids... ON BOSSES. The fantasy behind it in theory is incredible but it kills quality of life for the entire specialization. Possible changes to Surrender to Madness Increases insanity generation by insanity generating spells by a static % (Passive) Upon exiting combat, STM does not kill you if you are still alive and the cooldown is reset. Replace with ArchangelWe need to give input or ideas instead of asking for it to be redesigned, please comment if you have a suggestion. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Quality of Life Suggestions If lingering insanity isn't present, have a passive insanity generation buff while in combat. Reason: The ramp up time (to fill insanity bar) without lingering from zero is crippling "Vampiric Madness" A new ability where application of dots is applied to all targets with one cast of Vampiric Touch & Shadow word: Pain but the damage of the dot is reduced by "X" percent. "Y" second Cooldown. Using void bolt to refresh duration will remove % damage reduction.Reason: Dungeons, Trash mobs, Questing required significantly more effort for little to no reward. This change isn't intended to increase DPS overall but to decrease ramp up time and help make us more viable on non-boss fights. While at 100 insanity (or a certain amount of insanity), each second at that insanity reduces the cast time of void eruption by 0.1 seconds. Reason: Same as above. Our feedback is more valuable than ever right now. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, all is welcome here. I know we can all agree on one thing, you can't balance an entire class around one talent.Exumbroski94 15h
16h Withered Army Training Toys Hello, fellow priests! Would just like to know if we have to complete the entire scenario or reach a certain amount of points for the big chest at the end to have a chance to contain one of the many toys? Was wondering if once I hit exalted, I could just go in and instantly fail the scenario for the final chest (since I don't need the rep items anymore)?Moringa7 16h
17h Answer me honestly about healing plz? Listen, i don't PvP competitively, I don't raid super seriously So i'm that filthy casual type player haha. I would love to do so PvP or PvE seriously But i need honest answers if the community and the numbers are true. Are Disc/ Holy priests really THAT bad? PvP and PvE wise? i've always loved to be a healer ive always felt that was my role no matter what in an RPG and i lvled up this shaman i have here because i heard they were the best. (until the uprise in MWs) but honestly it just doesn't feel fun for me ive always liked the pure class healer in this case, priests or a paladin. But can anyone tell me a straight answer WHY or IF discs/holy priest are as bad as they seem to be made out to be? Are they good in raids at all? Are they at least good in RBGS? any feedback would be appreciated! thank you for your time! <3Soysauce18 17h
17h Holy preist only getting shadow relics? I'm a holy priest, I have the holy artifact. I just hit 102 leveling in Stormheim. Every quest that awards relics is just offering me shadow or blood relics instead of holy/light relics. Is this right? Seems like it's a bug that I can only get relics for the spec I'm not using right now.Cloudstone36 17h
20h disc question Trying to find out what my next character will be and am considering disc priest. I only pve and love to solo what I can I'm just a casual player and like to have fun . Was wondering how are disc priests doing in legion for like questing and getting gear ? Are they able to take on more then one target at a time ? any advice would be great :) Thank youSheara4 20h
21h Help with Shadow Logs Hello Priests, I'm new to shadow, and this is my first real log. Any feedback would be really appreciated. Thank you for your time. 21h
22h Better to be a one trick pony than a no trick From Watcher himself. Did we really just get told this when voicing concerns over Surrender to Madness? So because we're good at one thing, meanwhile other classes are good at multiple things, that means things aren't as bad as they seem? I'm getting a bit annoyed.Nuitara95 22h
23h Shadow priest or affliction warlock? I have an affliction Warlock level 103 and this shadow priest level 105. I am having hard time trying to decide which class should I level up to 110 since i love shadow caster fantasy and I really dont care the other specs. I feel better when I use my affliction warlock in PVP and PVE while my priest i feel unrewarding but i am not sure if it changes when I start to get artifact points. I have read in this forum that affliction warlock is in really bad shape and I should not bother to level one until they get fixed. Affliction warlock has kind of boring rotation but I am betting that it will get fixed. What would you suggest? Which one is better in PVP? and Pve?Oswill4 23h
23h Oakheart's Gnarled Root? So my guildie linked me this trinket, which was versatility and a chance to apply this DoT on the target which deals shadow damage + slows the target by 30%. I cringed at this trinket, because of the versatility, since Shadow Priests need copious amounts of haste and moar haste. He, however, swears up and down that this trinket, at the proper ilvl, is extremely OP for me. Right now I'm using the warforged 855 trinket off Nythenda that gives haste, and the 875 titanforged heroic trinket off the spider boss in EN that spawns tornadoes or something. Would that Gnarled Root be better?Healsforhire3 23h
1d The "is disc viable" zombie spamvasion It seems like every 2 days we have someone asking if Disc is viable, particularly in 5-mans and raids, without doing a search to find that the same question was posted just a day or two earlier (and a few days before that, and a few days before that, and so forth) and answered extensively. The entire can of worms is opened again and we re-tread the same ground we tread 2 days earlier. It's gotten to the point that it is basically a zombie spamvasion. I understand that disc has undergone substantial changes, but let's please use that nifty search option. And in case there is any doubt, let me clear up any confusion regarding disc: Disc is viable for all current content. Leveling. Raiding. 5-mans (heroics, mythics, and mythic+). PvP (2s, 3s, rated BGs, duelling, and world pvp). It can do it all, and do it well. Disc is not 70% of a healer because it is also 30% of a dps. It is 100% of a healer and the dps is a positive side-effect. Damage output is also not its only unique asset; it brings incredible group-wide dispels, damage mitigation, massive raid-wide healing on a shorter CD than other healers, and powerful single-target heals. In some places it's not the best healer per se, but still viable - just like every other healer. Sometimes Disc IS the best healer, while other healers are simply "viable." But regardless, Disc is viable across the board. Now repeat after me folks: Disc is viable Disc is viable Disc is viable Thank you.Poetess17 1d
1d If disc priest is bad y did method use one A lot say disc is terrible then why is this that they used one? Thoughts?Barbara28 1d
1d Phyrix's Embrace is so bad So yesterday I got my first legendary. And my joy turned to ashes when I read its name: Phyrix's Embrace. Let's delve into this pile of crap. First of all, the stats. It's a ring, so, bye bye intellect. And then it gives you a huge chunk of haste. Haste. Borderline useless for a Holy Priest. In fact, increased Haste can lead to DECREASED healing throughput due to mana constraints. Yes, it gives some mastery. But the 845 ring I had before had almost double the mastery, AND some crit. Now THAT is a stat combo I would expect on a Holy Priest legendary. Fine, stats are nothing to write home about, but this is a legendary right? It must have a passive that makes up for it, right? WRONG. Here's the passive: when you use your guardian spirit on someone, that person will also get healing from each of your active renews. If you have played a Holy Priest for even 5 minutes, you know exactly how garbage that passive is. But let me spell it out anyways. First things first. Renew. We don't cast Renew. In it's current state, it's basically just a waste of mana. We use it when we have to move, but even then if I can afford to stop for a second and get off a flash heal instead, I do that. Renew is basically nonexistent to me. Alright, so renew sucks, but it was said that some legendary's could change your playstyle. So maybe if you get this ring, start using renew? NOPE. Why not? Because this passive is about guardian spirit. A PANIC button that you use when you see the tank about to go bye bye. So you can't plan your Renews out to synergize with the legendary anyways, you need to be casting it all fight and maintain Renews on as many people as possible all the time so that when you do use this panic button, usually ONCE per fight, you can get a use out of the legendary (for a few seconds benefit). But that's a waste of mana because Renew is, as we all know, crap. But THAT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. Because when you guardian someone, that's basically all they need. They get topped up within like 3 seconds max. Even if you have renewed 20 people, the tanks not going to need that crap anyways! THIS THING HAS NO REDEEMING VALUES. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SUCKS. Now hear me out. This isn't just a whine thread. There is clearly an issue here, and it's not just this legendary, there are a couple others with the same issue. And that issue is: getting a legendary should ALWAYS be an upgrade (I's a legendary...) and should NEVER make you UPSET. Clearly that's a design goal of Blizzard's also as is evident from their recent QA. So how the hell did this thing get through beta. I mean how the hell was it designed like this in the first place? I'm still using it. I've waited long enough for a legendary, who knows if and when I'll get another. So even though it's a straight up downgrade from an 845 (come on Blizzard, that should never be the case for any legendary), I'm using it.Zerdus19 1d
1d Sphere of Insanity Sphere of insanity needs a serious retune. Legit enchants/potions do more DPS than this. The best i got was on trash and it was about 330k dmg. On a boss fight its about 100k dmg. I don't even know how to give a suggestion to improve this ability given the fact that we stay in voidform for about 30 seconds without surrender to madness. The amount of time you benefit from this is way to minscule. Even if you are doing a massive trash pull, you cant maintain SW:P on enough targets for the short amount of time you are in voidform. I'm like almost upset i wasted 30k AP and gave this artifact ability a chance to try to help SPriest dmg on trash. I'm not at all complaining about Spriest DPS in this this post. At 844 item level im doing quite well for damage. I even think we are almost in a good place if we could either get a SLIGHT single target buff to offset the low aoe, or a slight buff to the aoe. I just really expected more of a benefit for a golden trait. I want this post to be constructive in this last week before a final retuning. So please fellow shadow priests, give some good thoughts and feed back that Ion and the team can use and learn from. I think there a lot to this trait that could adress some weakness or slightly build upon strengths.Yodakin35 1d
1d So.. Disc and dps trinkets This is my 2nd thread about this. Exactly why is the dmg nerf so harsh? I have a 865 ilvl dps trinks that is supposed to do 216,000 dmg over 10 sec. When I enter combat, the tooltip on it reads 21,000 dmg over 10 sec.. Really.. My sw:p ticks more than that whole dmg over 10 sec. Are we gonna see a change?Cillo49 1d
1d Suggestions for Disc I was thinking that since the third option in the 100 tier talent tree isn't really used or viable. Has anyone used it successfully? What do you think would be better? I'd rather have an option for a spell that increases healing done by atonement for a small amount of time. Perhaps giving 20-25% mastery? It could prove useful for priests that favor haste, vers, and crit over mastery. Thoughts?Zaldin15 1d
1d void eruption ... should be instant? trying to understand the spriest spec/class ... time an time again, I look at void eruption ... I'm stumped as to why it has cast time, it really does seem like a natural spot for instant castZahruk20 1d
1d whats the stat priority for disc priest pvp? noxxic and icyveins are saying different things.Secsie4 1d
1d Sign This Request - Blue Post Re Tentacles I need the Void Form tentacles in my life, and I need some comfort in knowing this is a bug and not a removed feature. Is it being fixed? There has been no comment yet. I loved the visual and would be really upset to see it gone forever.Raimaga3 1d
1d How do you finish the 103 class quest?!? They put them in the murloc area of Azhuna in PACKS OF FREAKING 6! We have no AoE. And I don't have the combat ally yet. Any ideas.Stmkilledme3 1d
1d Disc priest artifact pvp path for 3s? Looking to queue 3s again would like to queue as disc, but i cant find a proper guide anywhereBancasa2 1d
1d Hearthglen Annals of Light and Shadow Why is this only obtainable by one person an hour? Didn't Blizz learn their lesson from the Kosumoth orbs? QQ etc etcArstra45 1d