Priest

Oct 21, 2011 Blizzard Likes where spriests are now...but.. Soooo during patch 4.2, blizzard states that they are currently satisfied with where shadow priests are in the game. (aka balanced....in their eyes). Fine, no problems there. However, patch 4.3 is coming out and lots of classes are getting changes. Correct? Most changes seem to be benefiting these classes, however, shadow priests are remaining the same because they're balanced. right? Don't you think that changing other classes, giving them buffs and such, is going to make the once "fine" spriest, no longer viable? For example "http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2505-PTR-4.3-Notes-Oct-18-Update-PTR-Raid-Testing-Schedule-Oct-18?page=9#comments" - Every class that can reduce ones healing by 10%, will now be reducing their healing by 25%. ohhh except for priests with improved mind blast. Their healing reduction will still be 10%...just because we cannot even think about having that rogue not being able to outheal a priests dots with a few ticks of their HoT. - OH, Vampiric embrace you say? That wonderful HoT that ticks for 1 point of damage repair will now tick for .75 of a point. That's still okay though. or "http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2499-Patch-4.3-PTR-Build-14849?page=8#comments" - Let's increase all Melee's damage by X, because priests dont have problems getting trained. All i'm saying is, if you're going to say we're fine where we're at, then do changes to other classes, we're no longer fine where we're at. Psycheo13 Oct 21, 2011
Oct 21, 2011 Point of Archangel? I've been working on a Disc priest recently, got her up to 74 now and I'm still failing to see a reasonable use of Evangelism / Archangel. Is it a necessity for Disc healing? And if so what would be some examples of a proper time and place to use it? Thanks.Sororitas3 Oct 21, 2011
Oct 21, 2011 Priest PVP For the next patch i think blizzard should really nerf priest AoE Fear its just annoying how they have a fear for every 26 seconds or so for pvp when other people who are trying to get some arenas done they just have to face a disc priest team and have to play matches up to an 1hour for both teams to lose or atleast make EVERY class even next patchThelen7 Oct 21, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Transmog Staff I plan on transmoging my priest into tier 8 gear because I love the way it looks, just wondering if anyone knows of a staff that would match the set thanks :D Heres the set: http://www.wowtransmog.com/class-tier-gear/priest/priest-tier-8-conquerors-sanctification-regalia-garb The website doesnt have any staves that interest meRunicbar4 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 how are disc priests currently? i played disc til 70, after that shadow. since then, i have practically 0 healing gear/experience. And i never heal on my shaman and this druid is feral. should i try holy? or go with disc? because i felt like disc was more forgiving TBH. also like to smiteKurtambrose4 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Best quick heal for 5-man dungeon PUGs? I have learned the healer must be able to react quickly when holy healing in 5-man dungeon PUGs. Is there a “best” spell for this? Currently I am using a combination of HW:Serenity and Flash. Heal is too slow. I read these forums a lot and most all healers say they rely on Heal as their primary spell. I am trying this but find that in many 5-man dungeon PUGs the 3-second cast is too long. I find I’m getting a lot of healing from HW:Serenity but the CD sometimes becomes an issue. Seems like I never use GH unless it’s following a resurrection. I have not run OOM in quite a while. For those who cast Heal as their primary spell do you cast it in anticipation of damage? How much haste do I need to knock a second or more off the cast time (that would be nice)? Will relying on HW:Serenity still work in WoLK or Cata? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice, this is my lead toon. Mach Macheilzeck5 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor* i have a chance to get that and necmators focus or whatever, and if i get them both tonight i'd obvisously get rid of stump of time, so my question is, if i get both is it worth reforging some haste to spirit to meet the cap? i know haste is where its at but im jus wondering, thanksRaumes6 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Holy tips? Guild asked me to switch from disc to holy for raid heals on various FL bosses, ie beth. I've never raid healed, or healed holy at all for that matter. I've just respecc'ed a few days ago but would much rather have a decent grasp of the mechanics before running in there and attempted it on a boss. Anyone have any good tips they'd like to toss out there. It's a world of difference in mechanics from disc and just tossing out PoM, Penance, PW:S and PoH it seems. Let's take the Beth fight in FL for example. Would you stay in Chakra:Serenity for this fight or switch it up and just switch back for the aoe? I assume you keep PoM, CoH on CD. Toss out a bunch of renews? How about the serendipity aspect, toss out a few FH to get the stacks and save it for PoH? How is mana on holy versus disc? I usually do not have many issues with mana in disc, save for PoH spamming on, but I like the utility of rapture to get some mana return. Thanks for any adviceAstatine12 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Gear Sharing -- Shadow/Holy To what extent do they share gear? I realize trinkets should be different...and metas...and tier bonuses...(not totally sure on reforging and chants/gems) However, would the Holy spec's thirst for Spirit too far exceed Shadow's need for hit cap? Also, do secondary stat needs match up enough? I'd like to play both specs pretty competently for raiding--meaning I'd like to have either/or as a viability in a raid setting. I just don't know how much extra work it'll be to maintain both specs to a competent standard, especially if gear sharing is problematic...especially if Holy is a mana !@#$% like it was a patch or 2 ago (been off WoW a few months due to work demands). I'd MUCH prefer Holy over Disc BTW (ignore the armory. I last left my toon while fooling around as Disc--but hated it), and I don't want to do double-heal-specs, because I'd like to mix it around as I want/need.Jacksangel9 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 PW: Shield - What the hell!? Why is it if I get hit with a dot and then a break-on-damage CC, my power word shield will absorb the damage and prevent the CC from breaking. But if I get hit with a dot and cast levitate, my power word shield absorbs the damage and I still drop like a rock. One of these things needs to be made to match the other, and I don't much care which it is.Gruklaar24 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 still suxors at dps Have read EJ and a few other forums..can't figure out the dps. Is it my gear, still? Still reforging into haste and at 15.3% hit. Any help to improve dps would be appreciated.Blnkwunateto1 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Shadow Reforging. I need some help with my reforging. I have tried to stay hit capped while getting as much haste as possible. Can someone help advise me on the best way to reforge my gear? Ive tried going off mrrobot and wow reforge, but i would also like some actual person input. Thanks- GaitGaitzy9 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 So, Mage or Warlock - PvP So, while Shadow Priest have what I'm going to call "Down Time" I was thinking about rolling a new class for PvP. I have narrowed it down to the following: Warlock (for the similarity in PvP play style, and strength in PvP (Arena's more then BG's), plus we are low in warlocks on my server) Mage (For utility, strength, and overall domination in PvP) My question is what have YOU as PvP SP thought about the above classes in higher level PvP? Which would YOU choose. I know that I need to pick what I think is best and what I will have more fun playing, and I plan on it, but I want to get the opinion of people who play the same class as I do. I feel this will give me a better feel of what to expect. Do you think that mage's will stay how they are or get nerfed? Do you think the impending warlock Buffs will effect the class greatly? Thanks for the help guys, gals, and creatures!Rainbow5 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Random Hs Hey guys, I can't heal random H's without going oom. I've read up on noxxic.com. I don't know where i'm going wrong it might just be my gear, but without a tank that over gears the content heaps (FL geared) my groups fail most fights. Any help would be great! cheersWhitelady6 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Desperate Disc Help I made my first healer about a month ago. Definitely loving the priest class for numerous reasons. Now I'm starting to get into raid healing and I'm currently in Holy Spec. Everyone says it's so much better to be Disc and it's much more efficient. I've tried switching to Disc three or four times now but no matter how closely I try to follow the guides, I suck at it! There's people dying left and right. I have holy down pat but, until maybe 4.3, it's just not going to work for raiding. Can someone please give me some solids tips on how to heal single targets, tanks, general raids? I try the guides but I always seem to be doing something wrong and maybe I'm just not understanding it.Epsilon14 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Mortal Strike Buff: Not for us Does anyone else think it's sort of funny that all of these classes got their MS abilities buffed to 25% and we're still twiddling our thumbs at 10%?. Not to mention that Permafrost (Frost Mage) and Legion Strike (Demo Lock) didn't get the buff either. Why the spell caster hate, blizz? Edit: for those who didn't see Hunter - Monstrous Bite now reduces the target’s healing received by 25%, up from 10%. Beast Mastery - Widow Venom now reduces the target’s healing received by 25%, up from 10%. Rogue - Wound Poison now reduces the target’s healing received by 25%, up from 10%. Warrior - Arms - Mortal Strike now reduces the target’s healing received by 25%, up from 10%. Fury - Furious Attacks now reduces the target’s healing received by 25%, up from 10%.Venith10 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Transmog set that matches Vial of the Sands? So can anyone help me think of a set, or at least robes/shoulders, that have a color scheme somewhat like vial of the sands? I don't know where to start lolTenebray6 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Shadow Tier 13 Set Bonuses I am making a separate thread from the all around tier13 set bonus thread to split the shadow bonuses from the healing bonuses. Here is a reference as to what they are: ... My input is: 2 piece: There will have to be some math done, but I am curious to know if SW: D will be viable as a filler spell with it hitting harder now, and be a better damage output over Mind Flay. Hopefully mana does not become an issue, but I don't think that should be to much of an issue. 4 piece: Seems to take out the RNG of orbs, and gives us a new opener which is good to see since there were several people who were also complaining about the little use of Mind Spike. I am curious though when SF is out if we will use Mind Spike or not since it will be so many 3 procs of orbs. The 4 piece should increase the value of Mastery, and probably become pretty valuable once at different haste levels. Overall, they both seem pretty good; however, some math done for the 2/4 piece with different casts/rotation will be needed to know the true strength of the tier sets. Neither seem over powered, and not to weak either.Remain42 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Don’t know which to use; Cure Disease or Disp Really appreciate the advice on this forum. Normally play 5-man dungeon PUGs, this is my lead toon. All sorts of ill-effects come up on the tank when fighting and I cannot tell if it’s something I can fix with cure disease or dispel magic, how can you tell which to use? Is there a quick way? I have to cast something fast. I have healbot installed and active but I am not using it much. I am more of a keyboard person. Thanks in advance! Mach Macheilzeck11 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Discipline, Holy and Gear Sharing I just recently decided to drop my shadow spec ( since i've only popped into it like twice since 85) and pick up holy. I understand my gear isn't optimal, it's probably not reforged, enchanted, or gemmed "correctly". It was used as discipline with most focus going into Mastery, until i picked up holy last night and tried to add in haste, reforging anything with mastery and no haste. My question is two-fold. If you were to use a single armor set for BOTH discipline and holy (on the lower end with regards to stats), would you look to initially hit the haste mark (that gives you the 12.5% in a raid format) and then push the rest into Mastery? The second part is, for those how go for the versatility dual speccing disc and holy, do you carry two item sets to optimize thoroughput and efficiency and what do you typically look for in said items. I really havent researched very far into holy beyond noting you need to hit 12.5% haste with raid buffs to grant the extra tic on renew and that haste/mastery seems to be the way to go. Disc seems to have more debate although it seems as though mastery/haste is likewise, the same route to go.Astatine2 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 My Priest Hey guys, I have a firelands run going in a few hours and was wondering what do you think I could do with my gear, talents, glyphs to help me pull some more pew pews. Im currently hitting around 14-16k with no lock 16k-20k with darkintent. I'd be happy to receive feed back on what I'm doing wrong what could help me out and stuff like that, and if theres anything I can do in the next hour or so to bring up my pews :P Thanks, zzhealsZzheals5 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Fresh 85 Gear Help! Hey guys fresh 85 and i got some questionssss. Did firelands yesterday in my guilds alt run averaged around 16k dps is that expected at this gear level? yes i realise lacking/wrong enchants im short on money and couldn't be bothered wasting money on gear i would replace annnnnnd should i get T11 gloves or legs first? assuming i have the 353 BoE za/zg hands and the 359 crafted, i couldn't decide between the legs which are perfect itemization and the hands which aren't as good itemization but more intellect from the Ilvl upgrade... Pumahealz2 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 just another 'fix my priest' thread. Raided decent in t11. first week of t12 took a life break and came back 2 weeks ago. I belong to a decent raiding guild, didnt have any trouble keeping up in t11. When I came back I was jumped in immediately into a dps slot for 6/7 25HM. Sucks keeping the tanks company but i'm struggling hard to keep up. I've got some good pieces if you look at the pieces individually but when they are put together i'm having trouble meeting my stat caps. I'm getting to the hit cap without reforging out of haste. can't get a final word on whether crit or mastery is better so i chose to reforge out of crit. I've lost a ton of haste replacing gear even to the point of having less dps now than i did in 359/372 gear. I'm using the same rotation/priority as i did in t11. Here are a few things i acknowledge about my gear. I do have the +15 stats enchant to chest. I'm getting my tier gloves next tuesday. I'm 9000/12000 rep to get the firelands trinket. I'm using ShadowTimers for a dot timer. clipping MF between the last tic and the end of the channel. refresh dots 1-2 seconds before they fall off. MB on cd unless there is 6 seconds or less on empowered shadows and i have no orb. SFiend on cd. AOE rotation is mind sear. or SwP the large adds and then mind sear. SwD under 25% I have no mana issues during boss fights or trash. even when MFing riplimb on 25hm shannox, i keep well over 80% mana the whole fight. Please Help?!?!Analgesic2 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Little Help Hey all i was just looking for a little advice on my gear anything i've gemmed or enchanted wrong or any way i can improve on my gear. I have another question i have 4 trinkets now Mithril Stopwatch Necromantic Focus Theralion's Mirror Vibrant Alchemst Stone I was wondering what 2 i should use i am hit capped, Haste = 2309 Mastery = 659 Any advice would be greatly appriciated Unholypvp1 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Name question Do you all think it would be hard to get into raids or groups if I name a priest 'Wipesrfun'? Some of the serious guilds on my server don't allow people with smart-@$$ names. If not, I was going to name him Lazarus. Opinions?Kouga15 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 PvP Shoulders Quick question, would it be terrible if i change my shoulders Claw-Fringe Mantle to the honor pvp ones? Vicious Gladiator's Mooncloth Mantle For PvE purposes, i just have some honor laying around that made me wonder.Hoylshadow1 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Disc Priest stacking Mastery,,is that right? Hey all,,ive been stacking mastery over haste. now im not raiding much mostly 5mans and such but i seem to be having a little trouble. Maybe its just my pugs but any help would be nice. am i gearing right or noZeroinin9 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 sPriest dps help = w/ logs Alright so ive recently switched to shadow from disc, and im just in need of some help in regards to my dps. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/yt02rjp5pmmithnn/sum/damageDone/?s=1499&e=1785 heres the log for our baleroc kill, ill use this as an example because i basically stood still the entire fight apart from when i had to take 15 stacks on a shard. my iLvl at the time was 367 (just got 391 legs, was using 359 T11 legs at the time), and i had around 2200 haste. im keeping empowered shadows up as much as i can. MBing off cooldown (or if theres an orb up) and keeping dots up and flaying as a filler. I use sfiend and darkangel off CD also. i thought i could pull at least 23k, but any suggestions/advice is more than welcome, thanks!Hughmad1 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Paralysis Is it really worth it to spec into this? In arena i feel like it barely occurs. I tested it out on a mob and one thing i noticed that it happened one time and only when I didn't have shadow orbs up. So my question is does it only work when you don't crit with shadow orbs because im concidering taking those two points out and putting them into improved fade.Bloodpath8 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Raid healing ragnaros as holy? Hi all, so I just attempted to heal normal mode 10-man Ragnaros for the first time, and I'm having a really hard time keeping my mana up. My healing strategy generally goes like this: Activate Chakra: Sanctuary Keep a renew rolling on the active tank Heal for single-target healing PoH (glyhped) when 3 or more people in a group need it CoH (glyphed) on cooldown PoM (glyphed) on cooldown Sanctuary on molten seeds The farthest we were able to get was the stage 2->3 transition. I haven't gone completely oom, but at the rate I was going, I don't think I'd be able to make it through stage 3. What am I doing wrong? Is it my gear? Gems/enchants/reforging? Or should I be trying a different healing strategy? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!Anaedris10 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Shadow Priest Kiting PvP Other than 1v1 does not exhistRuinedpelt3 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Clarification on Mind Blast/Shadow Orbs So I recently got a Priest up to 85, and have been playing him as shadow. I read the guide here, at EJ, and some stuff at shadowpriest.com, and I think I have most of it down now. The only thing I'm still confused about seems to be a source of contention within the shadow priest community itself; the use of Mind Blast. Many places advocated never using Mind Blast in the absence of a Shadow Orb, in order to keep ES up. Other places (notably a guide at shadowpriest.com) said that Mind Blast simply does too much damage now to justify not casting on cooldown. So...is there a consensus on this? Does it depend on gear level? Do you need 4 pc t12 in order to just hit MB on cooldown? Thanks.Halazzi3 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 DOT Timer Addon So, I was wondering what's the popular addon being used nowadays (if any) to monitor our DOT spells on targets. I really haven't used one in awhile as I just depend on watching the debuff icons on the boss. Sometimes though, it feels it would help if I knew when something was about to fall off even if I didn't have that target selected.Moringa5 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Shadow Orb RNG Back around ToC, I switched from my Balance Druid to my Shadow Priest in order to escape the frustrating RNG that characterized Eclipse back then. I loved the control and steadiness of Shadow Priest DPS. Now I feel like the RNG has chased me down in a new form: Mastery. Tonight, I had a pull where I could not proc a shadow orb. You know those pulls, they happen more often than we'd like. But this one was different. Usually I open with Vampiric Touch and expect to have Empowered Shadows up by the time it falls off. That didn't happen. I kept Flaying, and waiting, and Flaying. I checked the logs: it took 36 seconds. I had 38 ticks of SW:P and MF before my first Shadow Orb proc'd. I really feel like this kind of RNG does not fit the ethos of the Shadow Priest class. Aklos28 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Holy Trinket Question So I just picked up the Jar of Ancient Remedies today, and I'm having difficulty deciding if I should be even using it or not. My current setup: Core of Ripeness (Macro'd to my Arcane Torrent), for a nice mana boost. Pickled Egg I am debating replacing Core with the Jar, but I dunno if losing the intel is worth it. I've done some searches otf already, and it doesn't seem the Jar has that many fans. However I couldn't find anything really on the two against each other. Thanks!Mehelzu2 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Power Word: Return of the Bubble! Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been follow in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. In n' Out burgers are the best fast food burgers available. THIS IS NOW UP FOR DISCUSSION BECAUSE CULVERS BURGERS ARE PHAAAAAT!!!! Midwest represent! 5. The strange control that Teh Vix has exerted over the forums has been broken! Priests, you are free! Your lives are once more your own, no longer are you the unwilling boytoys of that madwoman! But our work is not done! We must defeat her before she re-exerts control! Sons and daughters of Azeroth, of Silvermoon, Lordaeron, Stormwind, Darnassus. My brothers and sisters. I see in your eyes the same Fear Ward that would take the heart of me! A day may come, when the courage of Priests fails, when we forsake our guildmates and break all bonds of Priestlyhood, but it is not this day! An hour of Shadowfiends and shattered bubbles when the age of Priests comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you, stand, Priests of the Forums!!!!!* If you start the newest PW:D thread, I ask that you copy them into the first post of every Power Word thread. Feel free to add or subtract past the first three, but don't disturb that initial trio. 6. The Cakez is NOT a lie. Thread Discussions: 1. Anyone plan on respeccing to Holy from Disc in 4.3? 2. How do you feel about the "new" Divine Aegis animation? 3. Any interesting sets/items you hope they bring back with the Darkmoon Faire thing?Ashleycakez500 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Trinket Woes I received the Eye of Blazing Power the other night in FL for my Holy spec. From the intellect and the proc of healing, I thought it looked like a great trinket. Then after reviewing my gear via Ask Mr. Robot, I'm now completely flustered, as it recommends more than a dozen alternatives (a few of which I still have) as better in slot. For those of you who have done the research, do you sincerely feel that the Eye is so bad that 13 other trinkets, ranging from 346-378gs, are of better benefit? Also, now I'm really struggling with what combination is best of the trinkets I currently have in my arsenal: Vibrant Alchemist Stone, Moonwell, Mandala, Pickled Egg, Core, & now the Eye, and even wondering if I should work on obtaining DC: Tsunami, as AMR states that DCT and Fiery Quintessence are BIS. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!Moondansyr8 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Shadowfiend and Alysrazor As the mage didn't perform that well, it'll probably be me going up next time. So, 2 questions: 1) Does it fly? (Will it damage Alysrazor while I'm flying?) 2) Can you have more than one? (Because, with 200% haste and almost 100% crit, its cooldown will probably be down to 8 seconds or so.)Unschuld6 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Shadow Priest Spec I used to PvP as shadow but now I want to do it as PvE. Right now I heal and would like to relax a bit and not grow an aneurysm. What I have noticed is that my dps isn't great, but I can CC more (silence and psychic horror) so my question is should I go back and spec into those talents or stay with archangel and pad my dps?Delisse6 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Holy Priest with ilvl 154 Zan Heroic and Zul Tell me how you healers keep the party from dying. On average everyone is receiving 3k+ damage per second from all the unnecessary aoe's that boss and trash pulls spam. After 60 seconds in a boss fight things start to go bad for me. 2 dps dies, while I'm taking damage that's unavoidable. Seriously I'm like FML when i heal in Heroics. I've been in groups with ppl in worst gear but sometimes they do pretty ok by not letting anyone in the group die. I'm tired of hearing that everything's my fault because some of my gear isn't 1337 As if exceeding my toons abilities is the requirement for a successful run. How am i suppose to heal 6-50k hp per second on each player without running out of mana 50 seconds in the fight. Exaggerations aside, Am i suppose to have super 1337 heals or is there a game play mechanic strategy I'm suppose to be familiar with? Like in Zan There is this Troll Boss that sounds African/Black who likes to 1 hit instant kill me and random party members and a random npc comes to res me while tanks at 10% health in a recurring sessions. I'm having extremely hard time doing heroics in cata. I couldn't imagine how hard managing 10 man raids is going to be once i get my valor/+ gear. Excluding heal crits It seems that on Average most heals cast by healers in cata heroics heal for 11k with small less than 1k HoT's per second. All while party members receive Large chunks of damage from everything. Why do heal spells cost so much mana? Why do tank who happen to have 70% health die before my 2.3 second heal cast can get to him even though i cast it before he reached 70% health. Am i not understanding the mechanic of this game? Full party 20 seconds in the boss fight total health loss 300k health, while my strongest 2.3 second cast heals for 20-55k single target and 10k with aoe heals does nothing to save dps and tank. Since My heals fail to keep anyone alive for long. I oom when mobs hit anyone for a short period of time in Cata Heroics. Going into 80 i recall having 25k health in blue gear. Now I'm 85 and tanks are having 160-225k hp and my heals barely changed. Basically at 85 everything's recycled to be harder with no worthy reward outside of pvp or buying BoA's for alt toons. Now if an unlimited supply of potions was available from venders and these mana and health potions didn't have cool downs , doing instances would be extremely simple Because i wouldn't have to worry about letting dps die due to mana contraints. The game changes too much once heroic instances get introduced and i feel that the game-play mechanics and strategies are very unnecessary. In every mmo I have played regeneration potions have very short cool downs (2-10 seconds) but in wow they heal for less and are almost useless since so many skill necessities are required to succeed in this game. If you could read past my incoherent statements please tell me How do i efficiently heal in Zan and Dul Garab. These dungeons and cata heroics are serious Pug Destroyers. On almost every run some Low ilvl pug with 8-10k dps tells me "healer sux" Just because wipe occurs 67 into the boss fight. It may be partially my fault but lets be real... I kept the group alive for most of the fight. When 3 dps are below 30% health and i can't leave tank for 4 seconds without him dying, How do i handle the situation? I can't heal 30k per second or anything of the like. Is it entirely my fault that most tanks die fast? While scanning through forums I've read stupid guides such as Atonement healing and "you should use Heal as your main heal because it heals for xxxx-xxxxx amount and ensures great survivability because it refreshes the insanley op Hot Renew hurr durr blablabla" lol this isn't burning crusade why are people writing 4.3 guides as if these dungeons/raids are like vanilla runs? i oom if i spam greater heal as my main healing skill and most of my off tank healing comes from circle of healing and holy word: xxxx since tanks die fast. Can someone view my talents/gear and recommend me some strategies for holy or disc healing? I prefer Holy over disc since i spend more time casting in instances than spamming instant spells that do not heal for much when dps is constantly taking large quantities of damage. I've spend 1 hour writing this I'm serious. Mylittlepwne44 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Shadow damage far below where it should be. I've recently tried to focus more on my shadow spec after having written it off since it hasn't really gained much since I hit 85 and was doing about 10k. I have Ilvl 375, capped hit, ~20% haste, ~14% mastery, ~8100 spell power, ~ 14% crit. I have the right glyphs and spec layout. I've spent hours and hours testing my rotation on raid dummies and for the life of me can't get above 13.5k or so. Once in awhile a spike in crits and/or shadows will put me near 17-18k, but thats only for 10-20second fights. Meanwhile guys who are below me in every category are telling me they are in the ballpark of 20k Single Target. My rotation is tight and many shadowpriests have confirmed that it's also what they do. To start I drop Pain, Fiend, and flay 2-3 ticks for an orb, Blast, VT and DP. I Archangel, Death, Blast and Fiend on cooldowns. Flay whenever not casting, and recast VT and DP on the last tick of VT. Empowered darkness is up virtually constantly. What could be the reason I'm consistently pulling 7k+ under what similarly or worse geared shadow priests are?Facetious7 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 shadow priest pvp is it just me or does it feel like spriests need some form of root/snare besides mind flay?Tesney15 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 shadow priest? so i renew the other day and decide to play my spriest. after playing for several hours it comes to my attention that shadow priests are now complete DOG !@#$ at pvp. after reading forums it comes to my attention that there are others %^-*!ing about spriests being horrible, i mean for real i stopped playing like 3 months ago and come back to this. WHAT THE @#$% HAPPENED. just wondering if anyone knows whether or not blizzard is going to buff spriests next patch? if not i guess ill just count the days till old republic releasesMurdersacker5 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 ToT, Inner Focus and Greater Heal? First off, let me just say that I fell in love with my Disc priest the minute I started. This is my first healer and was surprised by how enjoyable I found healing (or "dpsing the party" as someone described it to me once) - but now that I have hit 85 and I am facing the daunting task of adjusting to healing heroics I have really begun to study up on methodology. I don't have anything reforged or enchanted at the moment (should you be looking) as I am still in the education phase. One discrepancy I have come across is Train of Thought and it's function with Greater Heal. Mnemo's stickied Disc guide states that you should use Inner Focus and both prayer of Healing and Greater Heal to maximize ToT. However, in another Disc Guide thread I found this: ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2913172641#new-post So, what is the deal? And also, especially at my low gear level, I am a little confused as to the proper use of Archangel vs. saving your stacks of Evangelism. Maybe someone could clarify this for me?Falenne16 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Is it me or does Holy seem more durable at 68 then disc in pvp? I know people say disc is better for arenas and I am sure that is true but with lightwell, renew speed burts all the instas how do you disc specced priest stay alive in the lower bg's? I am asking because my oother spec is disc and i have a hard time staying alive once bubble is down and I am stunned or silenced. Please let me knowwhat you guys think. Thaanks...Eternalize1 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Healing H Rags 10 man questions: Hello, we're trying to drop H Rags in 10 man mode and it just seems impossible to reliably get to p2 and to actually get all the way through it for solid p3 attempts. Raid Comp: Healers: Me (disc); R Sham Tanks: Block capped Pally; Either a Feral or a Warr Melee: Shaman, Rogue, or Warr Ranged: Arc mage; Demo Lock; Moonkin; S Priest Here is the logs of our best attempt: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s1e0hwf4ox0gacky/sum/damageTaken/?s=10589&e=11067 Just a quick comparison to the best ranking on WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cp09290lao2keser/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/brk3byog60klm4gm/dashboard/?s=14169&e=14809 You can see these other guilds are taking soo much less damage than we are. Our evolving strat detailed: Pop the 1st trap almost as it spawns Pop 2nd and 3rd trap almost back to back (with cd's going) Pop 4th eventually We each heal a side during intermission. We used to use the Paragon strat for p2 (clump, move as a clump, aoe adds, repeat) but due to lag and a bad raid comp, we haven't been able to do that effectively. So we are instead spreading out in a circle, and running to the middle of the circle, and aoeing down molten seeds with cd's running. Spread back out, repeat. However, we often get seeds up during world in flames or tanks get gibbed while healers are running or the raid is taking massive damage from the seeds' melee hits. Me and the other healer work really hard to manage our mana so we're close to full going into the first intermission, and we're at about 70-80% coming out of it going into p2 so we can blow mana cd's in between seeds spawning. We drop our entire mana bar and then some during the seeds in p2. Our strats struggle a lot because without timing Archangel and lots of pre-shielding, the damage is just too high for the 2 of us to heal. Our shaman needs people to be clumped to aoe heal in all phases, so he's gimped in p1 unless he's rolling chains on the melee group. Both of us drop people when we have to move/get knocked around. I run out of mana if I don't have Jaws or P.Infuse running w/inner will and bubble spamming. I can handle the explosive aoe much better as holy, but my mana is just toast about midway through p2, so I need to be disc just for the better mechanics of rapture. In all specs I try to get Evangilism stacks through Holy Fire alone. The one Shard of Woe for our healing team (arc mage has one too) is on our druid, who has to be moonkin for shrooming the adds in p2 and tsunami during the intermissions. Our aoe power has to be in melee range of the adds with our comp (no hunters, 1 moonkin). If curios to see the ways I handled this with different specs and trying out different trinkets, check out our last 3 weeks of attempts: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/110189/ I'm running Jaws with all attempts and more recently just settled with Eye of Blazing Power for the 2nd slot; but I've tried using both Fiery Quint for more burst (as it lined up nicely in our parses) and Jar of Ancient Remedies when I was trying Holy. I made a bizarre Holy spec my OS for when we were doing the Paragon strat because the body and soul spam on laggy people and the archangel burst healing+test of faith was saving us through intense damage like popping 2 traps and healing through 4+ seeds melee hits. Twistedmind53 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Gear advice - two 378s or a single 378 staff I finally got my hands on Chelley's Sterilized Scalpel to pair up with Goblet of Anger. I currently use Smoldering Censer of Purity. When I did a comparison of the staff v/s dagger|offhand (linked below) I came up with the following, making sure to apply all enchants and gems where applicable: Using the dagger|offhand I gain 4 Int 113 Mastery (0.63) 118 Crit (0.66% Compared to the staff: 8 Sta 173 Spi 26 Haste (0.2%) 1 Spell Power 351 Melee Min Damage 422 Melee Max Damage 1 Sockets http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=71359.0.4097:71022.0.4091;71775.0.4097.0.52207 They almost seem equal, trading a small amount of regen (w/ the staff) for output (using the dagger|offhand). I don't have any mana issues currently so I'm wondering if I should stick with the staff. I normally wouldn't bother but with the options being so close, and one side being BoE that guildmates could use I'd like a second or third opinion.Zelinei11 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 CC's now count on damage absorb ''Spells which have an effect broken by taking damage past a threshold (Entangling Roots, Fear, Frost Nova, etc.) now count damage that was prevented by damage absorbs or other damage reducing effects.'' Great for all the disc pvp's, now the big question, will that count for polymorph and hex? as when a priest see a polymorph coming, he can use shadow word death to damage himself and break the polymorph, but if the priest have power word shield on him, the damage is absorbed and it doesnt break it. Thats why im asking ...Hayna5 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Arena Survivability Against DK Well i'm fairly new to the Arena... I'm Currently Doing 2's and i've been having a hard time "Tanking" the DK mainly Frost (Obviously). I was wondering if there was a way to succesfully Last or at least some pointers, i'm not asking to be immortal but at least long lasting.Luffio9 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 How do I get my hit rating up in 70 pvp gear? My hit rating is now 0 :( I am 69 soon to be 70 I am in the 60 pvp gear and was wondering the best way to get my hit rating up in te lvl 70 gear. Thanks...Eternalize1 Oct 18, 2011