Priest

Jun 30, 2011 Leveling Shadow: mana issues Recently ive decided to go back to my priest who i havent touched in quite some time, I started lvling him shadow which is a blast, beside the fact i have to stop and have 30 sec down time every 2 minutes bc i run out of mana. While questing i can kill 3-5 mobs generaly and then have to stop to drink and im thinking am i playing this class wrong? idk is the mana issue something i just have to deal with while leveling or is there a better rotaion i could use to kill mobs thats maby more mana efficent. Id really like some input on this so anything advice you can offer would be much appreciated -Thanks!Whambamm6 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 This WAS my main and want to gear back up Pretty much when Cata Came out I leveled passion and didn't do much but wait around and took a wow break. Now I am back and I need to know... I was shadow and now going holy and Feel like I have to relearn my class SO Because of the patch : Is mastery important still? Is there a thread with what stats I need to be stacking over others as holy? Anything new I need to look out for? EDIT Binding heal still useful? I Honestly NEVER used it before ever and did fine.Passiôn3 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Inner Fire & Inner Will I have a question for my fellow healy Priests out there. I am a Discipline Priest and I have been using Inner Will during all of my raids and dungeons. The mana that it saves just seemed to overshadow the extra healing power since I used PoM and PW:S a lot. But, I started thinking and I was wondering if anyone has played with this idea: switching between stances during combat according to what you need. Inner Fire/Inner Will are instant cast, cost no mana, and have no cooldown (except for the GCD). The fact that it does trigger the GCD made me a bit uneasy, but I gave it a try in a few heroics and it really didn't bother me that much. I'm not sure if it'd be viable in raiding or not, though. Where you're healing from GCD to GCD. Has anyone else experimented with this idea? I didn't use any fancy macros to switch between the two. I just placed them both on my main bar and used the number keys to switch back and forth. If there was little to no damage going out, I usually sat on Inner Will to shield people. If there suddenly came a huge wave of AoE or tank damage, I threw Inner Fire up and pumped Greater Heals and Penance into him. I'm terrible at reading numbers, and frankly I didn't notice any difference in my HPS or my mana management so I wouldn't know if it hinders or helps at all. It just seemed like a thought.Andrastei5 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Tier 12 Smite [Disc] Priests. I'm a little concerned that the 2piece for T12 doesn't exactly benefit smite healing as much as it could. Whether this was intentional to make us stop smiting, or if the team just thought that using PoM on CD and throwing a heal in between the 15s downtime vs. the uptime for the tier would suffice, i'm not sure. It isn't a massive deal, but i think for the sake of balance a simple *-and smite* would be very much appreciated.Dubious10 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Hymn of Hope issues Hymn of Hope keeps getting interrupted for no reason whatsoever as soon as I start casting it. Anybody else having issues with it?Cayreth3 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 New Disc here - AoE in 5mans :/ Hey all! My Priest just finally got to 85 about 3-4 nights ago, and he was mostly in 333's, but is now currently in about 3-4 359's because of the JP points. I healed 80-85 as Disc, but AoE was never an issue for me. Well to be honest, nothing was an issue while leveling. My mana never went below 75%, and I would never have anyone die unless I had a lag issue, which did happen 1-2 times. So anyways, last night I was doing H GBatol on him, and the amount of AoE scared me on some certain trash pulls. I was pretty bad at recognizing it before it happened, so wasn't able to pre-shield everyone (not even sure if that's what I should be doing in Cata, he's still in WotLK mindset from leveling so recently). I noticed myself spamming PoH to get up Aegis and for the initial heal from PoH. What should I be doing as Disc for AoE stuff in heroics? Thanks so much! <3Keeya4 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Echo of light bug? I am 78..and echo of light is procn off my prayer of mending spell for 100% of the spell cast. does anyone else have sub 80 priests they can duplicate this with? EDIT this makes my spell heal for like 49k total heal over 6 secs at lvl 78 for 600ish mana. so..op? Still works! Have to be in a group for it to workLazerheals6 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Shadow help My dps went to *!*@ after the patch. i was regularly pulling 12+k dps in my current gear after the patch it wend down to (no kidding) 5k no matter what i tried. Helpfull criticism is appreciatedDivinating5 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 go holy or disc Hello im here to ask for my priest. should i spec disc or holy for healing in dungeons ?Boomshawt3 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Spire of Scarlet Pain (BoE) gd for Spriest? The title says it all how good is Spire of Scarlet Pain for us Spriest types. It doesn't have any haste or mastery on it which makes me sad, however i believe we need more hit rating than 17% for Firelands boss or am i mistaken? Crit is always a decent stat... but yeah im undecided. If one was to equip it... worth reforging the crit into haste? or the hit? ah so confuzzled Atm it sells for alot and i could do with the cash and possibly buy a DMC but.... not sure. Advice would be appreciatedStskazi4 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Having trouble with heroics. Please help >.> Im having trouble healing in heroics. I wanted to be Disc...but holy seems to be easier. My mana though is a problem during heroics, i never seem to sustain mana during boss fights long enough for the boss to die. Any advice?Demonäi9 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Why is Body and Soul in Holy? It seems like if you want to use Power Word: Shield a lot, you should be disc. But the best talent to buff Shield is deep in the holy tree. someone please explainJoq7 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Why, Divine Aegis. Why? Divine Aegis, one of my favorite looking spells, now looks just like Power Word: Shield. Is there a reason behind this? I miss looking at the pretty bubbles. It's the whole reason behind my name! *cries in a corner, nomming on a cookie* Buhbbles3 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 SW:Ding polys? How hard is this to get down?Zilvanna5 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Tauren Priests UNITE! Is there anyone even out there like me? I feel.. alone. :(Holyjinqx52 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 How are Disc crits? So 4.2 has only been out for a day, but I am assuming people had a chance to play around with the increased crit %. Is is worth it to have crit be a valued secondary stat (possible warranting some reforging) or is it still too RNG to worry about?Sihu12 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Dear Discipline Spec Healing... I love you, have my babies.Theyas1 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Can i heal disc? or holy? I would GREATLY appreciate some help. Us priests in our upcoming gear depression are going to have to help eachother out. Why not start by helping me out with going disc. I would prefer Disc, but if you think i am more geared for holy tell me so :) thanks guys!Tabdotdead0 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Shadowfiend interrupting spells? Not sure if this is only me but, when healing in the firelands raid, it seems that when I send out my shadowfiend it triggers my GCD when it attacks and interrupts that current heal (only interrupts at the very beginning of the heal). It doesn't sound like a big deal but it has caused us to wipe a few times when I go to send it out and then cast Divine Hymn.Healingone2 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 OK, Stop all your complaining. There are priests out that there already that have full FL clears in all 4.1 gear. You can now get 3/4 pieces with JP, and reg bosses have been nerfed so you can go farm tokens very easily. If you are smart you will have prepared your guild for that fact that you will be rolling on all non-hit int gear. If you notice, you can still get VP from doing regular heroics, ZA/ZG and I'm pretty sure 4.1 raids. And you can still buy gear with VP. You also can buy 4.2 level epics from Hyjal rep. And you get a SHIZZ ton of rep just for clearing trash in FL. There will be no problem getting through Firelands if you do the proper preparation of getting your T11 gear, and you now have every opportunity to do so. I just completed my 4 set last night before the raid. I got rid of a little extra mastery in favor of the 4-set bonus thinking I would need it, but honestly, I don't even know if I did need it at all last night (granted we only did one boss + trash). If you haven't been into FL yet, you will bubble A LOT, you will gain big Rapture bonuses. What about Holy priests? Reread the beginning of this post. Sorry for the rant, but I notice a lot of people complaining about the new loot table and they are like 4/13 Cata bosses, or in blues, or all ZA/ZG gear. If that is the case, then sorry, you aren't ready yet, but the good news is is Blizz is giving you every opportunity to gear up quickly. Censøred28 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Shadow Priest in need of gearing assistance. So, I recently came back to WoW after a 2.5 month break and I need some help on what pieces of gear I should get pre-heroics. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Snivlak/Snivlak0 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 What should i spend my talent points on? Im new to disc priest. What should i spend my talent points on. And also any tips with disc? I usually play holy. Luiicakes2 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Tier 11 Shadow Gloves? So, just figuring out if buying the Tier 11 shadow gloves is worth it compared to the gloves i have now? It seems the more desirable stats are on the Flamebloom ones but, idk. Also, what else should i look at from JP?Siburen1 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Just... Why? The Avengers of Hyjal have every belt for every spec/class EXCEPT a Spirit Cloth belt for us Healer Priests. Just, why? What is the reasoning for not implimenting a cloth belt with spirit? ALSO while I'm on the subject, If you go through the loot of the Firelands bosses, not ONE SINGLE PIECE of Cloth gear w/ Spirit drops. NOT ONE! I just don't understand the reasoning for this. Did blizz forget about us healer priests? Or are they nerfing us by way of gear with no spirit. Sure I could reforge, but as a Holy Priest Spirit is one of my most powerful stats, so I'd rather have the 100% Spirit then the 40% of a reforge. All i would like to know is why.. Why why why why.Rêpent1 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Need better weapons As title says, I need better weapons but I'm having trouble getting them. As you can tell, I have crappy gear, but I'm working on it. I will need to replace my weapons eventually. I don't have any pve gear to do randoms or heroics, nor do I do arenas. So I ask: is there a way I could get better weapons without doing dungeons or arenas? Thanks in advance! Edit: Huge thanks for those who posted with items and suggestions. I'll look into them and figure something out. Thanks again :)Sunnydew8 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Do pvp priests use inner focus macros? I was reading up on priest healing and it seems like everyone advises to macro inner focus to all the heals it affects. Does this go for pvp too?Zilvanna5 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Firelands Trinkets (shadow) Passive int and mastery proc that stacks from the gatekeeper, rag has a passive int and lightning damage proc, and finally the avenger's trinket with passive spirit and an int proc. Lemme see some theorycrafting! With the recent damage changes to our class, Which are best and which trinkets will they replace first? My thoughts... Variable pulse lightning copacitor (406 int, lightning damage proc) then... Necromantic Focus (383 int, 42 mastery / stacks) then... Fiery Quintessense (383 spirit, intellect of 1149 for 25 sec every 1.5 minutes) Or will the fact that hit is now more important cause the passive spirit trinket to be ahead of the Necromantic Focus? and first to go of your 4.1 bis... Heroic theralions or DMC:volcano?Shàwty2 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Priest leveling guide? Is there a priest leveling guide out there that i can use post 4.2? I haven't played in about a year but I do have a full set of heirlooms... I am looking for a talent guide and a recomendation on the best way to level...Lillectra1 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 Hey guys So, I'm wanting to try out holy, however I'm having a slight issue. I don't know what spec I wanna get rid of to try holy. I have played disc from level 10 to now. I mostly only use shadow to run heroics when not wanting to heal disc. (Keep getting the fast dying dps when I go in sadly). So yeah, I'm currently disc and shadow. What do you guys think? Namely which would be easiest to regem, reforge(easy either way), and re-enchant (if needed).Syrivara0 Jun 30, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 NEW IDEA FOR HOLY So after hearing all the negative comments about healing as a holy priest I've come up with a few ideas to help re-think rolling as holy. This was instigated by the fact that people just detested the use of Holy Word: Sanctuary (HWSanc) for reasons such as poor healing, and/or mana cost. With that said, the following is a list of ideas: (1) Currently HWSanc is providing very little heals with an average of 700 per tick, and costing close to 11000 mana. While I understand that Blizzard's intended purpose for this spell was to be a support heal while other AoE spells are being used, my suggestion would be to increase the radius substantially making it viable. (2) Make Chakra: Sanctuary have reduced mana cost and cast time for PoH along with its current attributes while in this state. Likewise with Chakra: Serenity, along with its benefits have reduced mana cost and cast time for Greater Heal. and finally, (3) Re-work the Serendipity talent point/s. Perhaps make it a mana return benefit. For example, any AoE heals that critically hit, you have an X% chance to regain X amount of mana. Thoughts or comments? Ministerios2 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Shadow DPS Problem... So I know my gear is a bit on the healer side, but in heroics on boss fights it seems I can only pull 10k dps. I make sure all dots are up and i put them on right as they fall off. I make sure to mind blast when orbs are procced. I don't know what to do to pull higher dps....Kaedara9 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 question about T10 does the 2 set also effect flash and greater heal?Nerø2 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 DA Animation is a Bug I know this is posted in the healing forums, but I think it should be posted in the priest forums as well. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2313881411#6 Not sure why it's only listed as a bug on the EU Bug Report forums, but I'm trying to stay optimistic about the whole thing. Surely no blue wouldn't post it as a bug if it wasn't.Coleo2 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 PvP Shadow priest wish list for 4.2 Since our dots got nerfed I have some ideas how to improve spriests in PvP. That's something I really would like see: 1. Devouring plague - reduces target movement speed by 50% for first 8 secs. Reasoning - nearly every class have some slow, why not us? Since DP can be cast only on one target at a time I don't think it can be judged as too OP 2. Reduce Mind Control cast time by 0.5 or 1 sec or increase its range to 40y - this way it will be more reliable CC :)... OR ... make it instant cast with 10 sec CD or something Thats it.Blackalien1 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Disc and Spamming PW:S (10 man) How often have you guys been spamming bubble? Personally, I find that (and I've been like this since I've been raiding as a disc in T11 content) bubble spam completely destroys my mana. Going off of this, you'll mostly find me in inner fire tossing out GH/PoH/Penance with the obvious bubble for situational certain death/for rapture/on tanks. I usually use PI/AA to spam PoH during large aoe phases (spider boss phase 2 comes to mind). On the rare occasion that I do have plenty of mana, I'll pop into inner will/PI and spam bubble, but that's extremely rare. I'm sure 25 is a bit different, where cross-target healing (i.e. tank healer healing raid + vice-versa) doesn't happen quite as much, and where there are probably 1-2 mana tides available. Pànda3 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Atonement not always generating heals? I noticed questing dailies and doing the opening quests today that randomly, I won't get the heal proc off holy fire/smite off some mobs. Then it's fine on the next mob, doesn't work on the next, etc. It can be when I'm solo, so it's not proccing to another person and I'm just not noticing or anything, it just doesn't generate the heal. And yes, I have both points in atonement, and the mobs were 85s, definitely high enough to generate experience/honor. Is this happening to anyone else?Fascination3 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Core of Ripeness worth it? For holy spec, trying to figure out if I should go with one of these? Both my trinkets are 308ilvl and 316 but I also have no tier gear. Plan to get at least chest today.Reldor6 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 help testing poss. hymn of hope bug. hymn of hope, with or without addons, is currently bugging for me, at least i think it is... unless there was a nerf i didnt see :( in which case you lot will tell me so, i am hoping :) It seems that if i summon my shadow fiend then channel hymn of hope, hymn doesnt even tick once, but goes into cooldown. it this "working as intended?" imho, if this isnt a bug, and they dont want us using both at the same time .... wouldnt it be "nicer" to just have the last one cast cancel the first? or just put a debuff on the priest while one or these spells is active, stopping us from using the other? ...... 5 minutes is a long CD and i've tested this, fiend out first, then cast hymn, and i dont even get a tick of hymn ... fiend is as normal.Bubbanaga7 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Extremely Frustrated With Healing Is anyone else getting fed up with their disc/holy priest in arena? I have a fine time in battlegrounds, but arena is so frustrating, it's not even fun anymore. Almost every team seems to have a warrior, and warriors completely hard counter me. They do insane damage and can take half my life in a matter of seconds, even with all 4 of my shields up (barrier, shield, pain suppression, divine aegis). They can pummel every ten freaking seconds. They can knock me down every 45 seconds (usually not required more than once since I'm dead). They can remove my fear just as often as I can cast it. It's just beyond the point of fun anymore. Take all of the above, and combine it with the great functionality of the two most prominent healing classes (resto druid/shaman), and I feel like a broken class. I was hoping for some love in 4.2, but we got nothing... we were completely ignored. We OOM if we try to do any type of offensive playing in arena, it's extremely difficult to get a mana burn off, and mind control and mana burn are both extremely difficult to cast (druids go bear, and shamans just wind sear). Not to mention that if I do end up getting control of a fight and have a chance to cast mana burn against a druid or a shaman, I usually just end up mana burning myself, since they have more mana at the end of it all than I do. I feel hopelessly gimped in arena with the current state of the game. I'm wondering if I'm the only one feeling this way, and if not, I would like some suggestions on how to do better. I didn't used to feel so helpless in arena, but with the rise in the warrior population, and the popularity of death knights, I'm not quite sure what to do anymore. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.Dragooni6 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 A Bug? or the Twilight Zone So I have been playing my little priest and I noticed something odd, her mana total has been going down as she upgrades her gear. It only started since the patch. The day before the patch my character sheet said 97000 the day of the patch: 95000 today: 85000. but i havent been down grading my gear i have been getting ups. just five minutes ago i took off my ZG shoulders and replaced them with the old JP reward shoulders which is 20 int less...and my mana increased. is this just a visual bug or am I stuck in the twilight?Antamune1 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 DA animation - Vote for a Fix Folks Might be time for some good ole community organizing. Please post here if you want the DA animation changed back to it's pre-4.2 awesomeness. BBastiella37 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Empowered Shadows Question When empowered shadows is up does it increase already existing dot's damage or do you need to reapply the dots in order for them to recieve the buff? I'm under the assumption that the dots must be reapplied. Is that right?Fearitself3 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Disc priests, matching socket or straight Int Hi all, so far on my priest I've been matching sockets going Intellect for red, Int/Spirit for Blue, and Int/Mastery for yellow. Should I stick with this, or would I be better of gemming straight Intellect. Basically I'm wondering if there is any kind of "value" to certain stats. Which is better for Disc, 40 Intellect or 20 Intellect and 40 Spirit? And things like that.Doria38 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Discipline Priest - Shields? Okay, healing sucks and is hard and all that, sure whatever, it's being covered elsewhere. Shields on discipline priests are absolutely terrible. Shields that absorb 12k damage on a boss (and trash mind you) that hits for more than that in one melee swing are useless (note, that 12k is with 1500 mastery rating). We're not supposed to top off tanks now, which means I'd really rather cast a heal that will do more than 12k and be more mana efficient. Overhealing is hard on any difficult fight, so most heals are used in full. The only thing right now that makes shield worth casting is Borrowed Time, Weakened Soul critical boost, and Rapture. If you aren't going to get Rapture (casting it on group, even if it's going to be fully absorbed) it's so terribly mana inefficient. This is due to Rapture's cooldown. The high mana cost of shield just doesn't make it a viable option, even if the shields are fully absorbed. Divine Aegis is, for the most part, bogus now. Our critical chances are so low that it rarely happens, and our heals are so low that the shields don't absorb much. The only time it's useful is if you critically hit with Greater Heal, and it's still gone faster than Blood Shield / Savage Defense. With Prayer of Healing it's a tiny little bonus, but ignorable and doesn't even matter. Critical rating might help this, but can we really afford to get critical rating as a secondary stat when other stats are suffering even more? We need TONS of spirit just to be able to have enough mana to survive a fight (even with 85k mana) and with Heal's slow cast time, Haste greatly improves its HPS (which is very important now). Haste may not affect Power Word: Shield's usability anymore, but it's still a worthwhile stat due to shield's diminished usefulness. Crit just isn't a viable thing to gear for and usually you're better off reforging it elsewhere. Healing may be boring and difficult now, but that's another issue. I'm concerned with Discipline shields. They should be stronger than they are right now, even in comparison to Ghostcrawler's statement of how Discipline shields will be lower in cataclysm. He even gave us rough numbers to show how it will be in Cataclysm, and those numbers are nowhere near what our shields are now. Mastery rating is supposed to help, but with 1500 mastery and only 12k shields, what more can I do? If I spent all that secondary stat weight into improving shields, you'd think they would at least be decent... but they're still questionable to cast thanks to the high mana cost versus low absorption rate.Sarvonox83 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Shadow priest PVP viable these days? Hi all, I'm debating between playing my demo lock or switching back to my spreist for alt leveling, and I was curious how shadow priests are doing in PVP these days. Is it still a viable spec, in terms of either damage or utility, or would playing a pure DPS class be just as, if not more, effective? Thanks!Ashfield2 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Always OOM as a level 21 shadow priest It's really difficult for me to level and not die because I am constantly out of mana. My rotation is pull with MB, then do mind flays and holy fires until MB again. I also die a lot because I'm out of mana to heal myself and am really squishy. What can I do?Tibberz18 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 No spirit gear means... that we have to reforge to spirit from haste and other stats or is it not going to be as valuable as it was in 4.1 with the increase mana pools from the new gear about to be given.Stealheals15 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 goodbye tier11 T12 is freakin ugly. What was blizz thinking?Kiskia8 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Atonement needs more range. High end disc is only comparable to holy with Atonement. This leaves all fights with large bosses (so far all end bosses) plus anything where melee take very low damage and range get random bursts where disc priests are forced to be holy. This wouldn't be to big of a problem but the gear required is completely different. You should not have to care 2 set of gear plus both talant respecs just to be a healing priest. This and atonement healing pets/blood worms needs to happen for disc to stay to good spec in the future.Durga3 Jun 29, 2011