Apr 18, 2013 PvE Weapon Question Hey all, So recently I've been using both of my tyrannical weapons when I dabble in normals of PvE. I usually do ToES and things like that so nothing major but I had a question about what weapon I should use. The other night Regular Spritsever dropped. When I went to see the differences between that and my tyrannical weapon there wasn't much. I figured by a quick look at the stats that the Tyrannical weapon is better, but then someone brought a point up to me that if I gemmed the legendary gem, which I have yet to get -_-, into the spiritsever that it would be better. My OCD has led me here to find a final answer on the matter. I'm honestly not sure what would make the Spiritsever better but I will post the stat differences. -62.6 DPS -10 Agility -14 Stamina -356 Critical Strike -356 PvP resilience +298 Expertise +380 Mastery -3,099 PvP Power +1 Sha-Touched Now I realize that the Sha-touched slot has a potential for 500+ agility, so that's pretty sick. All in all I'd like to get a final answer and everyone else's opinion on the matter. Thanks for reading!Mordios3 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Sword in MH as Sub MoP So I wanted to know what you guys think of using a Sword, mace, etc. in Mh has sub spec. since u are hemo spamming u seem to get a lot more combo points and ppl clame that the eviscerates hit harder.Mcego5 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Does this bother anybody else? The only +agi boots that drop in ToT match the monk set, not the rogue set. I see that Spiderweb Tabi are a trash drop but the drop rate seems incredibly low and I doubt the existence of a Heroic version entirely. So basically our options for getting matching boots this tier are 1. spend a crap ton of gold on Quilen Hide Boots 2. Get quite lucky for Spiderweb Tabi 3. Kill Ra-Den for Twist-Toe Tabi I can't be the only bothered by this. Also looking for x-mog suggestions to match.Deft1 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Now 5.2 is out, are rogues the best 1 v 1? Before 5.2 I guess they still had the most "control" in 1v1/world PVP situations, as they could decide who to attack and could also flee whenever they needed to, but in reality all that would happen would be you trying to gank someone and A) they would either fight back and start to beat you, or B) you couldn't burst them fast enough before other people around would notice and come to help. Can rogues dish out the burst again in a world PvP/1v1 scenario now?Golduck33 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Assassination and mastery Ok, so I'm 108% mastery when raid buffed. Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH mastery? Should I just keep reforging mastery or should I start hedging towards haste at this point? I'm pretty happy with my DPS but I'm wondering if I could bump it by moving toward a bit more speed.Daay11 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Deadly Throw vs Combat Readiness (PvP) Im a mut rogue, and I already lack the control that sub rogues have so I have been taking deadly over the others for a while. It's pretty nice with ST, but since ST is gonna get nerfed, Im considering switching to CR. What is the consensus between the twos' usefulness in bg's?Peekabooh6 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Daggers or Swords for Sub PvP? Just curious as to what other rogues think would work better for Sub PvP MH wep wise. The damage from backstab is nice and all but I feel if I was running hemo with 2 swords I could build CP's a lot quicker thus making for more Evis/rupters.Cruelix1 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Plausible Counter, or No? Ok, I'm not trying to say that Rogues are OP. Honestly, I think all the classes are good if played properly. Each class has a semi-counter balance as well... Blizzard did get rid of a hard counter for each class, or so they say. So I'm coming to the Rogue forums to try and figure out what I am doing wrong here. Note 1 - I am talking about my DK, who is currently geared in mainly Season 13, Malevolent Gear. I do have a few pieces of gear that are season 12, or contender's gear from back when MoP first came out. So this may just be purely a "You're being massively outgeared" issue. Ok, so I'm running along somewheres... Going from one place to the next. Next thing I know, I get sapped... Now I know better than to attempt to trinket or Icebound Fort a sap, so I will just wait it out. And from what I've remembered from in the past, I do not want to trinket or Icebound the next stun either, since it is the shorter of the two stuns that follow sap. That second stun pops up, and I will normally Icebound Fort that one. Saving my Trinket for the long Disorientation that I may possibly encounter soon. However, to note, at this point... I am normally somehow already at approximately 30-40% of my total health. So as a Frost DK, I have to pop my ghoul and then hit Death Pact. This will bring me back up to approximately 75% of my health. Now from here, if I am lucky and this was in the middle of a BG, and they for some reason don't have their Vanish, and/or preperation, up then I can normally maul the rogue and win. I've even encountered some rogues who put up a good fight at this point and get me close, but I still normally take them, unless -ALL- of my Cooldowns were on CD, and I couldn't death pact. Most of the time though, what I encounter is that the rogue -does- have the vanish up, and will immediately vanish. A few seconds later, and I'm getting ready to mount up, because I missed bringing them out of stealth with diseases or Death and Decay. I will get attacked again, and again get dropped from approximately 75-85% of my health to 10-20% of my health. Again, I will wait for the second stun, the 7 second one to pop, and I will hit my trinket. Now if I'm -really- lucky, my Anti-Magic shell will be up, and I will be able to blow it, which I believe knocks off the poisons that I have on me. in which case, the fight will get prolonged for just a moment as I pop to Blood Presense and Death Strike. However, 100% of the time, when I do this... I'm still TOO low in health to recover and will get killed. So it comes down to this.... Am I doing something wrong? Should I save my anti-magic shell and/or Icebound Fort? Should I switch up the trinket and Icebound Fort? I just feel as if it is nuts that if I don't have any of my cooldowns or my trinket up, that I can go from 100% to death in the first 2 -real- stuns a Rogue puts out. I don't have a chance to even turn around and smack at them for a moment, or put up a disease so they come out of stealth when they vanish, so that someone else can kill them. I'm not saying that I should be able to kill a rogue -everytime-, but I don't think a rogue should be able to kill ME everytime. It feels as if the only time I can kill a rogue is when ALL of my cooldowns are up, -AND- all of their cooldowns are on CD.Ægîs6 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Survivor's Bag of Coins (Secret Rogue Item) So Heres a Video on How to Get it It's a Rogue Only Item Figured posting this vid would help people get this easy but secret item Video - Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 some 5.3 nerfs reverted Edit: misread it, shuriken still nerfed, but they did remove the cheap shot glyph nerf.Roflcopterrz9 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Glyph of Cheap Shot and Garrote Nerfed Glyphs Glyph of Cheap Shot now increases the duration of Cheap Shot by 0.5 second, down from 1 second. Glyph of Garrote now increases the duration of Garrote's silence effect by 1 second, down from 1.5 seconds. source: http://blue.mmo-cham...notes-april-15/Delanok36 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Rogue spec question What is the best spec or at least most suiting to raids? I take it sub still pvp mostly?Dyingbreed3 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Marked for Death not reseting on holy priests, at all, even when their spirit thing vanishes. please fix.Velexin7 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Smoke Bomb Nerf When did it happen, does anyone know? I don't remember reading any notes on it. Edit: Oh, it was pushed from 2 to 3 minutes.Jadefang8 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Does Blizz think we are the most balanced? If you look at the patch notes for 5.3 everyone is getting increases in damage lower cool downs etc. All we got was more energy to use ST ( if you are even specced for it ) with nothing exciting to its damage other than you don't need to be more than 10 yrds away to do decent damage ( and why would you use it when closer than 10 yrds anyway??). All that ONLY if you are specced for it!! And some of our glyphs are being nerfed down as well. No new baseline abilities like some classes, no buffed damage or lower CDs like almost every class....nothing!!Nekropsis13 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 which spec? this is my first rogue and i don't know which specs are good for what. I like to do pvp, but i also want to raid so which spec would best fit me and what should I choose for my dual spec?Lonedagger6 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Sub Talents PVP I got both my tyr weapons this week(well, ill have the second one after an RBG), so now im starting to look into my talents and glyphs before i try to get into any serious arena or RBG groups. I've got a lot more experience in twos, but ive done some threes and RBGs, generally ive just been using the same talents and glyphs for all 3. 1st row: Subterfuge seems like a no brainer to me 2nd row: Ive been taking combat readiness unless facing double casters 3rd row: Elusiveness is hard to pass up, leaching seems terrible for pvp 4th row: CnD. Tried shadowstep but just couldn't get used to not having the unkiteable dances 5th row: Paralytic Poison. This is where i'm really not sure, ive used all three and they all seem to be really good talents 6th row: Used anticipation at first, but really doesnt seem necesarry if you know how to manage CP's. Ive been taking MfD now, but shuriken toss also seems to be strong Glyphs: Im using Cheap Shot, Garrote, and Gouge. I know Garrote and Cheap Shot are receiving nerfs next patch, but are they the best to be using for this patch? Overall i just want to know if these are the best setup, or if theres certain situations where other talents would be more useful.Jatheedwin3 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Best Rogue PvP Spec im thinking sub, but how does Assassination fare?Gàrlok1 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Help with combat rogues. My rogue I level is around 490 but I still pull horrible dps. Around 60k as combat. I love the swordsman duelest leather wearer theme so I will not be assassination nor sub as a swordsman so I am stuck with combat or bust. I follow the icy veins guide on my rotation but it does not help. I rotate Rapture in my rotation. I hear you can do a raptureless rotation and lose maybe 1-2% dps but please any help is appreciated.Fomortis3 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 PVE Best In Slot I can't seem to find the list of BIS items for 5.3. MrRobot seems to have gone haywire and is no help and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it?Throlas7 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Glyph of Disguise My favorite is Cho'war the Pillager in Nagrand. I'll queue for LFR and wait by him until the queue pops, I PickPocket / GoD, enter dungeon and a raid full of laughs usually follow. The triple size Orcs in Black Temple are also fun if u have the time to make your way halfway through BT which these days isn't much of a challenge. What I'd like to know is, what have you found that GoD works with that isn't easily overlooked as you're passing by? I'm not talking about the big killer rabbits in Valley of the Four Winds, I'm talking about mobs that are truly unique. In beta, I remember Durn the Hungerer was able to be GoD'd and there were 20 of them running around SW. Unfortunately, Durn and the other Magnataur's aren't capable of being GoD'd as far as I know. Also, here's an old video some of you may have seen on some of the fun uses of GoD. I still laugh when I watch this, i think it's the voice: Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 magic coin bag needs fix Can you make the coins NOT disappear when changing zones? I stack 30 coins in azshara to bounce around in org soon as I enter org I'm at 0 coins...+ nothing to pickpocket in org. It can't be used in IoT, yet builds resources when you pickpocket. Its really a fun vanity item for rogues, but I don't think it was thought out well.Radioh6 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Why is rogue pvp damage so low 85-89? Idk maybe its because of my 377 daggers... do i just need to get better daggers?Mayet5 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Should I be flattered? I was recently in an EotS, and I swear it was like I personally insulted every Alliance players' mother. It seemed like they wanted to do nothing but focus me down the whole time. Any time I popped out of stealth to cc or focus down a healer, I had about 5 seconds to do watch a stun timer and my health drop to nothing. Im not exaggerating. On my recount, I had the most damage taken (45 mil), least healing received (bout 220k). I was around a healer most of the time, but it didnt seem to matter. So my question is this. Should I be flattered that they felt the need to focus me down? Or is this a common issue for other rogues in Bg's?Peekabooh4 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Rogue/Mage 2v2 question Quick question, I see all rogues who run this combo taking prey on the weak. Isnt this a complete waste of a talent? Most of a mages burst comes from deep freeze so I'd imagine you'd be going for the kill during a deep, not a kidney/cheap shot. You probably also wouldn't want to stun the kill target at all because of DR. Or am I missing something? CheersCeifador5 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 A creative idea about a rework of ambush i get bored and think alot about the old days..rogues havent changed much since i started playing them especially in pvp. if you ask me maybe needs a bit reworking but..couldnt ambush be a execute move? The intense damage that everyone is yelling about is because shadow dance you can spam it all day...well what if you could rework it like dispatch and take it off the stelath bars...but still have the movement requirement. I may sound like im trying to nerf our class. but im just so tired of playing this amazing class the same way for 4 expansions = /. Any more creative feed back is very much appreciated and please no flaming in this thread =PNeobus2 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 5.3 rogue cc nerfs + hunter buffs every patch I'm not trying to QQ here but I think this is just dumb, I would rather them take away anything besides our cc, it's what makes a rogue a rogue, garrote glyph I can understand, we're already strong vs wizards but cheap shot is our main stun, it really should not be nerfed. Nerf kidney to 5 seconds over that, then we see hunters get stun talent, great game.Dèvour11 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 PvP Gem Question I am debating between to two gemming schemes that favor PvP Power over resilience. There is a trade off between agility and pvp power. My question is this: Which would yield more damage? 240 Agility vs 1.8% pvp power. At higher resilience levels, it seems pvp power would give a slight edge.Tulok6 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Re-origination Just got this on my first run of the last wing (didnt need to even use bonus roll) and its pretty nifty. Currently I focus on mastery so when it procs my SnD give anywhere from 95% - 115% increased attack speed lol, and of course evis hits super hard. But I was wondering if anyone has had the time to game this trink and found out which stat is good to focus on for the cap. I was thinking of shifting to crit to see how far I could take it (~90% crit chance for 10sec?) and I think hast might be a waste at least for sub due to SnD getting buffed through mastery as well. For combat, I am guessing crit would be the best, though atm with my mastery focus gear I can get it up to a 83-95% proc chance which feels kinda good heh.Timat4 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 7 second stun? Is this combat rogue exclusive?Captfalcon10 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 need some help here my dps please. well not dps per se but my gemming and reforging. ive read all over the place we want 7.5 hit and 7.5 exp. ive used shadowcraft and used AMR. also have been using reforgelite addon. each one gives me different results and im not sure what to do! with so much hit on my gear im at 12% which seems way off base. it has me gemming hit as well. when i go to shadowcraft i do optimize gems first then reforge. is this right? plz help! in a new raid group and want to do well!Sixin4 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 glyph and recupe, how i think i will take you well, i might go glyph the recup just to have that extra percent...because !@#$ it just as useful as the .5 from CSDixi4 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 assassination: a serious question about haste i have heard from many sources in general haste > crit. heres my argument as to why crit could possibly be better than haste (this is from a pvp stand point) okay so lets look at what with my gear haste gives me: 5% attack speed and it says im getting .51 more energy regen but im thinking some of that is from swiftblades cunning i could be wrong. so that makes it 1 energy more every 5 seconds (about .17 per second) that being said haste also is going to be giving you more poison procs from auto attacking. now lets take a crit. crit chance would be almost the same as the 5% haste im getting a little lower due to more rating needed per %. crit is going to give me more combo points more burst and more poison damage because haste doesnt effect poisons other than auto attack procs. so im basically thinking i would want to use crit over haste for these reasons: 1. more burst 2. more poison damage 3. more combo points haste all im losing is some auto attack speed and about 1 energy every 5 seconds here... am i wrong? could someone post something that might give me a little insight as to why people are picking up haste over mastery? to me it just seems like youre gaining more with crit and lets even assume youre losing a little bit... you are still going to be gaining more burst and theres something to be said about this. the crits gonna give me more burst and syngergize with my mastery better because crit effects poisons and im also going to be getting more combo points. also idk if anyone has thought of this but according to a post by reckful and hildgard on arena junkies pathal from elitest jerks found that mastery is just barely weaker than agility. i go for socket bonuses while also trying to stack pvp power (i lack a little resil but i make up for it with colossus enchants) before anyone comments on this i've tried alot of things and i just like this setup, i could explain why i decided to go with this but in the end i just really dont care what people consider to be best. so anyways i use assassin gems (80 agil 160 pvp power) in red sockets. i COULD use 320 expertise gems and drop expertise on reforges for more mastery. this probably isnt going to be better but its not much worse either. i just thought it was interesting and if anyone else who stacks pvp power has tried this. i'm going to test my damage out using a little crit over haste and ill post something if i find anything interesting with it. TLDR: so yeah i was just wondering what people think about crit vs haste pvp wise.Stunshined2 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 New Rogue Talent Idea For the level 45 survival tier, I think a great idea would be to have a passive that causes your Recuperate to also be activated when activating your slice and dice. Thoughts?Blackbowyer9 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Shuriken nerfed again Shuriken Toss now deals 100% more damage in the initial ranged attack, damage is no longer doubled when used on targets farther than 10 yards away, and energy cost has been increased to 40 energy, up from 20. So basicly it does the same damage as now, but double energy...esseintially nerfing both damage and combo point generation considerably. Is there any reason to even take after this? I'm guessing MfD will be the only viable choice after this.Roflcopterrz32 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Is combat a viable spec for PvP? If not.. what is?Ipwnkidneyss4 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Expose armor Is it worth using at all in pvp? Be it 1v1, arenas, rbgs? I feel as though its made killing targets easier but trying to debate if glyphing for it is worthwhile.Sícarius1 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Which shoulders should I use? I can't decide between Nine-Tailed Spaulders or Poisonblood Bladeshoulders The mastery and haste on Poisonblood Bladeshoulders would be nice, but I'm not sure if it is better than Nine-Tailed Spaulders's two set bonus since it gives more envenoms throughout the fight.Sòb4 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Mandatory Talent: Subterfuge It feels like most of our talents are in a good place (i.e. more than 1 good option) for arena/bgs. However, there are two talents that nearly every good rogue has: cloak/dagger and subterfuge. While i dont think the cloak tier is likely to see much change, it would be nice to tweak the subterfuge tier. I personally don't like the play style of stealth breaking 3s after dealing/receiving dmg, but feel like I'm absolutely forced to use it here. But when shadow focus was 100%, EVERY good rogue used that. Isn't there some median inbetween absolutely every rogue with any skill or know-how whatsoever using one talent or the other?Ademar7 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Mut pvp Mut pvp question: for your initial burst attempt, do you pop Vendetta and Shadowblades together, or do you hold one in reserve in case of cc, bubble, etc? If you just do one, which is more likely to enable you to score a quick kill? Thanks!Vaelarrus5 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Shadow Blades + Killing Spree Why do people use this macro in pvp when shadow blades doesn't actually boost killing spree's damage?Aznperzuazn15 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Wound poison affect Second Wind? I can't find a straight answer anywhere. Does the mortal wound effect reduce % based heals, like conversion and second wind?Scum1 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Idea: increase rupture ap scaling in 5.3 I think this would be a good change for 5.3. It would help differentiate skill by giving more of an incentive to keep rupture up over using evis in combat spec. Having a larger impact than a 3-4% increase for adding rupture rewards skilled players which adds the excitement of the game. Additionally, it would help subtly in PvE. It shouldn't really have any impact in pvp so this is a good spell to tweak because it will generate minimal QQ.Ialgo5 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Spammable CC and Dispel CD With mage's and locks having tools such as spamable fears and polys. It can't make it really hard to get a kill even through cross CC. It's like... you must perfectly CC every swap in order to get a kill and hope the healer. For those who run against snaregodx snackums and bigmorans MLD, you'll know what I mean. With the dispel CD, it doesn't reward good play if you instantly dispel because theres just so much CC that could follow. My suggestion is this: Remove dispel CD on healers. Make spamable CC on CD, perhaps 4 seconds? What does the community think?Shizz9 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Assassination Rogue I'm starting a rogue to play, I have all BoA's except helm/cape. And I wanted to know "if" Assassination Rogues are worth playing in pvp? Do they excel? I've watched vids on utube of ppl playing them and doing well in pvp but it's normally in BG's not RBG's or Arenas. "If" they're good in pvp at what lvl can I expect to shine? "If" at all.Omèn21 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 mFd. just re-talented into subterfuge and MfD... I think im in love. i cant believe anyone sub rogue would use ST, lolVelexin9 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 macro broke? anyone know this macro doesn't work? #showtooltip /cast [nomod,stance:1/2/3] Ambush /cast [nomod,stance:0] Rupture /cast [mod:shift,stance:0] Hemorrhage /cast [mod:shift,stance:1/2/3] Cheap shotCrathumrogue2 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Best Leveling Spec? I just came back to WoW and I'm currently level 88 and playing as Sub. Is this the best spec to level as? Or is combat/assassination the way to go?Roluo3 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 So...mobility? I got a question. (sry english not my main language) With the upcoming changes to ST, how exactly can we keep pressure/close gap if most of us are taking MfD and Cloak and Dagger? Dance+Cloak and Dagger? Vanish+Cloak and Dagger? I recently started getting gear for pvp and been experimenting a bit, but I'm afraid i'll be out of gap closers if I take MfD and Cloak. What strategies are you guys currently using? thanks in advance.Kelsën13 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 How do I beat Warriors and DKS I just can't... What to do? 1 on 1 ...Rawrrawrr25 Apr 16, 2013