Rogue

Dec 21, 2012 DPS in My Current Gear What should my DPS be? ShadowCraft says 72k. But we all know Spreadsheets is like the perfect Rotation with no high latency. I'm getting a little mad and don't know what my issue is. Stone Guards, 52k. That's ok! I don't AoE. The rest? 55k - 66k (Troll boss with Buffs). Elegon? This is where I'm MAD! 2 Hunters, a Moonkin, and a Mage... 100k+. Me? 54k - 70k I did last night. I was sad and furious and don't know the issue. I am 1.5% below Hit Cap now when I did it because the Jade Trinket dropped. ShadowCraft said 2k dps increase even below the Hit Cap, and it was only a 350dps increase with the Hit Cap......Gummibeär8 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Leeching with 4 piece PVP bonus? I tried searching topics with information pertaining to this but got mostly PvE info. Do you all think that leeching is valuable enough to take when you get 4 piece bonus in PvP? Or stick with Elusiveness? Thanks for your input everyone!Mobiwon4 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 5.2 Rogue I'm leveling this rogue on hopes of future patch buffs and on generally liking the class. Any word on rogue changes? Will the class be restored to somewhat of its former glory?Alpster37 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Rogue VS Blood DK (Help Needed) Hey guys whats up, I'm new to this thread so please don't hate. Lately I've been having A LOT of problems with Blood death knights, When I face one I just freeze, just because I know they will win. I obviously try and kill them, I normally keep my Slice and Dice up and try Rupture often, I stun them and disarm. Is there anyone that could give me tips? or a way to take them down? I want to confidentially take down Death Knights, I am in Sub. Thanks Heaps guys! Even if you just read, I hope this helps others if they have the same problem. Dissolve. :)Dissolve7 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Rogue vs. Warrior Now, I know that this can be done, because I've isolated warriors and brought them down before, but I wanted to know if anyone had a tried and true method? I typically trinket either the first stun that a warrior uses to try blow me away with CDs, shiv off Avatar, and use short-range ST (out of range enough not to be hit by melee, but in range enough not to be in the range of charge) on dismantles or retaliation (I think that's what it's called, the name of the ability escapes me), of course remembering to save either killing spree, shadow blades, or both for the end when I need to power through their second wind. Any tips? Suggestions? Anything critical that I'm missing?Kyalin15 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Rogue agility = Armor again Maybe? Maybe to help Rogues you could gives us Agility = 2 armor like before? We could stack more agility which would merit Crit%, Armor, Dodge! Maybe with the stats so High make it 1.0 - .50 armor per agility?Paníc22 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 well well well : ) rogues are getting buffs.. but today i noticed i can shadowstep players and mobs in the air again. happy :)Lolità2 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 mobility problem solved... sprint breaks snares... boom.Foles3 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Glyph of Vanish and Suberfuge Was looking at the ArenaJunkies rogue guide here: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/228496-vishas-and-hildegards-rogue-guide-approved-by-reckful/ They have this to say about the Glyph of Vanish ... Now that Subterfuge is (mostly) fixed. Has anyone played around with this, couple with the glyph of stealth and Vanish. You get the Vanish 3 (+2 with glyph, so 5) seconds, plus the subterfuge 3 seconds. You're essentially out of combat, even with dots ticking. Add in the glyph of Stealth, and you only have a 2 second wait time for restealth. Still leaves one glyph slot open for Cheap Shot, Garrote, Feint, or Gouge (whichever you tend to choose based on how you play). I'm seeing a glimmer of potential in bgs with this, just can't quite put my finger on it without some testing. Thoughts? Critiques? "Seph, you're a total noob" Insults?Sephara2 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 This pisses me off(Vanish bugging) This has been happening every once and awhile, Vanish CD will be done, ready to go, key completey greyed out, keybind no worky, click no worky, natha. Is this happening to anyone else? It's freakin bull!@#$, I will be on a perfect streak in a battleground just owning it up on my undergeared rogue here then Vanish bugs on me. Like Blizzard mods are like "We can't have some undergreared rogue who knows wtf hes doing running around killing people, Yep He's hacking, lets take his Vanish away because we think he should die when 5 horde are ganged up on him and having his Vanish would be just too nice of a thing".Saibotmk11 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Remember the days of SIN/PREP? Said no rogue ever.Dancerti8 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Important question Does rogue damage get better when I acquire my conquest daggers? I mean they give approximately 5k pvp power, right now to tell the truth, I am not having that many problems downing some classes, of course I am talking about ones with either similar or lower gear than me in either BG or low rated arenas. If my cooldowns are blown or if I am being tunneled, I am pretty much nuked in under 6 seconds, otherwise it is not that bad, could use some more survivability though. So any input from people who have already acquired the daggers would be greatly appreciated.Ayreh8 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Rogue DPS Hello, fellow Rogues I am new to WoW and was wondering if my DPS was bad my top DPS I have hit is 28k is that crap DPS for an Assassination Rogue? Check my gear I don't have much. Edit: A nice Blood Elf had some advice I now do much better DPS thanks! :DPhsycodwarf2 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Rogues Are Not Nerfed Hello. im Audio. ive been playing rogue since the very begining of the game and know the class fairly well. so this is not a qq post more of a advertisement. im here to promote my youtube channel. you can go check it out toss a like and even throw a sub if your feeling nice and generous today. Let me explain what im doing: i came to the youtube/rogue community to bring enjoyment to the class that was once the best to now the best underdog. my goal is to eventually turn people over to the rogue side to see how fun they actually are and to see that they are at all not nerfed. (my channel is for rogue pvp and rogue pvp only! :D) i am also here to make friends. to share the same interests i have with fellow players with the same interests. Note: i am not the best rogue therefor i am not indicating to show any skill in any way shape or form. its only for entertainment purposes. so if you would like, come join in my epic adventure through out azeroth! and lastly, for my youtube channel. it is here: youtube.com/vodkalolz -AudioAudío84 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Rogue survival So I was playing arena on my rogue today...shockwave dead. I queued up and ran into...warbringer dead. Almost forgot the best one. I heard the sound of a horn (hunter) followed by a intim bite dead.Saranghäe9 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Shadowcraft not working for me Ever since MoP has come out Shadowcraft doesn't work for me. I've loaded it in Chrome and IE Nine and while it shows my gear it doesn't show Stat Weights or DPS. Any idea what's wrong?Faiyd4 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Where are all the Sub pve'ers at? From Noxxic it seemed like Sub is doing much better than Sin/Combat rogues on the charts since they've been updated, I planned on switching out to sub and ran it through shadowcraft to look at my reforges and it tries to put everything into crit, no haste at all.... After that I figured i'd check the top geared players out and see how they're gemming sub, to my surprise all I can find are mostly well geared combat rogues and the occasional sin rogue - actually didn't find any sub, lol. Any sub pve'ers out there? It seems to be simming better than the other two specs by a lot, but i'm not sure i'm ready to change all my gems/forges with the stuff shadowcraft is telling me.Sneaknaround25 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 BLOODY PIRATES! So I got my eyepatch for my transmog gear. I just wanted to hear from you guys what you might think would make excellent Pirate Daggers. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.Querk2 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Need a bit of Raid advice Hey fellow rogues, I've always been a fan of pvp and back in cata I raided every week with my guild. But since the release of MOP I've done about 3 LFR's and that's about all I can handle. Raiding does seem a bit boring for me at the moment yes, but is there any particular spec that's is really doing well on the raid scene? Back in cata I always topped my raids dps charts with my combat spec, which was pretty simple, is combat still the best? And if so, how does it stack up against other classes? I'm asking the forums because Noxxic is unbelievably unreliable and misleading on these topics.Elvriqe5 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 2 dagger or dagger/off-hand for sub For rbgs with my guild i'm swapping to sub (also figured i'd start retraining in hopes theres a buff next patch *fingers crossed*) for rbgs and probably assassin for arena, just wondering if i should get both daggers for sub or roll a single dagger and a sword for off-hand.Kiden3 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Shiv Macro Anyone have a simple shiv macro? Maybe something I can add to an S+D macro.Quixotte11 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Killing Spree bug Yes I will put this on the bug forum too. Has anyone else had an issue with killing spree putting you under the world and killing you? In the past three days I have died at least four times to killing spree putting me underground, disconnecting me, and when I log back in I am dead. Please test this if you have not seen it happen.Baneofsin7 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 So I wanna do more dps. And I'm not 100% sure if I'm performing to 100% of my potential. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zs8jx6p43s0fvq61/analyze/dd/source/?enc=bosses Just as an FYI on every fight it's my job to p much never swap to adds. Garajal, I stay out (and tell people when totems are coming and tell people to go into totems). Elegon I stay on the boss, only swap for orbs/batteries, Spirit kings same deal. Opinions/adviceJinthiel0 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Sub is going to get nuked Sub is going to get nuked or combat and mut will be buffed. Blizz is notorious for not liking people sticking to one class and most people are rolling with sub for pvp. Look out! lol EDIT: This is my theoryArlandis17 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Orc rogues Are we dying off? I see like 0 orc rogues anymoreBrrox14 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 PvP: Mobility, damage, and survivability. Hello, I'm wanting to make a thread about some giant issues I currently see with rogues and possible ways to improve them with out becoming over powered. The first issue I see is mobility. In older expansions, rogue mobility was already at best barley acceptable. With shadow step being on a 24 second cool down, having preparation, and our crippling poison being 70% we managed to be a great class. Fast forward today and we're left choosing between prep and shadow step, and our crippling poison being only 50%. I don't want to be that guy who compares classes - but in compassion warriors can choose from a 12 second charge, 2 charges with longer CD but still shorter than step, or a charge that stuns for three seconds. On top of this they can choose to charge to teammates with safeguard and it will break any current roots and not share cool down with their normal charge(where if we step to our team, our step is on CD) and even reduce damage taken on that target by 20% for six seconds. To make this even more crazy on top of those two things warriors can heroic leap every 30 seconds. I know we do not want all classes the same but I find it very hard to believe blizzard thinks a charge with half of the cool down, AoE 1 second stuns when glyphed, and a separate move to break novas and charge to teamates which does not share CD with charge, and a heroic leap on 30 second cool down is fine. To think that is fine but to also think a rogue with shadow step only 24 second CD is fine and not in need a buff seems unreal and I don't actually think blizzard can think that if they look over their class designs. My suggestion for rogue mobility(and also helps survivability: 1. Reduce the cool down of shadow-step from 24 seconds to 18 seconds. 2. Make preparation base-line and remove cloak of shadows from preparation. 3. Make sprint break roots when used. I think these three changes would make rogues have acceptable but not over-powered mobility and should be acceptable. The second issue I see is rogues damage out side of shadow dance. If we're able shadow dance with SND and a full energy bar up with shadow blades and on-use our damage is very respectable. How ever for the next minute or if our shadow dance gets countered, we do next to zero damage to any target but cloth and even cloth damage is not amazing. I actually think there is a very simple solution to the damage issue, my suggested change for more consistent damage is: 1. When your target is affected by Kidney Shot, you apply the find weakness debuff. 2. Make Hemorrhage a bleed and count towards Sanguinary Vein. These two changes alone will I think bring rogues damage up out side of dance to a respectable amount but not over-powered. Both changes feel very rogue like as well I think. The final issue I seem to be dealing with is survivability. I think we just simply do not have enough defenses against melee cleaves or when we're stunned with no passive damage reduction, or cool downs we can pop while stunned. I'm not actually sure how to fix this - other than making feint usable when stunned which may end up being too powerful. This is one where I would say leave it to the devs to come up with a solution, but I can tell you I think buffing recup is the wrong way to go as keeping up feint, SND, and recup all at once will leave us with no combo points to spend on actual damage/control. To summarize, this is the changes I think rogues need to be brought up to a class which is not nearly non existent in arena ladders/RBG ladders. 1. Reduce the cool down of shadow-step from 24 seconds to 20 seconds. 2. Make preparation base-line and remove cloak of shadows from preparation. 3. Make sprint break roots when used. 4. When your target is affected by Kidney Shot, you apply the find weakness debuff. 5. Make Hemorrhage a bleed and count towards Sanguinary Vein. I think these five changes will bring up constant damage, fix mobility issues, and help us survive with out being over powered. I'm welcome to feedback!Uf6 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Dancing Steel is too much $$$, Alternatives?? I am sub pvp right now I have living steel on MH and hurricane on OH for the haste. It seems to be ok for the moment. I noticed someone on the forums thought that Colossus is good. Im looking for a good replacement for DS because of the money factor. (FYI I do plan on getting DS with better weapons)Arlandis3 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 1 Year off and shocked by rogue nerf I took a year off and came back last week. I read the forums beforehand and determined based on the majority of posts that the rogue wasn't a good class to start with but its always been my primary raiding class and is my Herbalist/alchemist so I did it anyway. /shame on me... Notes: - Leveling to 90 was extremely fast with no issues. - Running dungeons prior to hitting 90 was fun and I was always #1 or #2 in DPS - Running dungeons once I hit 90 has been embarrassing and I'm always last in DPS What I've noticed is that the rogue class suffers from a few critical (and probably unintended) nerfs (from a PvE perspective). 1. Rogues have crap for AoE - In previous expansions you had to CC adds and fight 1-2 mobs at a time. In MOP the tanks pull everything and my DPS suffers. With Most classes pulling 50K DPS in Heroics and me pulling 32-40K there's a significant gap. Also some classes like elemental shaman will pull 80K+ on multi-mob pulls. - Considering the rogue has always been the only pure DPS we've always been the highest DPS single target with equivalent gear. I liked it that way and don't get why this has changed. 2. Most boss fights have a movement mechanic that mainly affects melee DPS - I spend as much time chasing the bosses or the kiting tank as I do hitting them. Most other classes are only looking for crap at their feet and moving 2 pixels. I'm running a combat build with a heroic fist weapon and heroic dagger. I have a Heroic sword with the same bottom/top end damage and speed but it does less DPS.. No idea why that is... Is Assassin or Sub better DPS right now? Would really like to know what rogues did to Blizzard to deserve this :)Voidsoul10 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Which MH for pvp? Currently I use normal mode fully upgraded garakal with the pvp offhand, would it be a significant upgrade to grab another weapon or more worthwhile to continue upgrading my deadly pieces with malevolent?Azzalle2 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Im in need of the best among the casual rogue Like the title says, are you rogues tired of being a gimped melee class? DO you take pride in being a melee?? DO YOU HAVE MELEE SPIRIT?! Im looking for an elite rogue for a casual 1-2 day a week raiding guild consisting of all melee. Except healers of course. Optimally my group comp would be as follows... http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=kftn5dyguu000000000000000000000000000000 The majority of these classes provide the best raid utility we can acquire for being melee. Two prot warriors? BUT WHY!??!?! two skull banners, plus another from fury warrior, yeah. You realize we have 5 prot tokens right? Were casual, who gives a !@#$. Just laugh it off bro. BUT MELEE....MELEE!!!! Yeah, rep for your role lets do this %^-*.Keorics2 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Pvp-wise... Combat or subtlety? I'm about to purchase the two weapons, halllelujah for that! Though.. Would backstab-subtlety be the best choice? Because you know, when there are other things to get in the way of 'killing spree' it totallly.. is worthless... What do you think?Goligon39 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Dear Greatfather Winter Dear Greatfather Winter, Please fix Rogues. -- Love, Everyone that has the mental capacity to look beyond 4.3 P.S, I hear Boomkins need some love, too. Tis the season?Viridian1 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Im done Im not here to complain about the class. Im quitting because even tho my gear is not bad, people seem not to want rogues for !@#$. I join rbgs and they take me at 1st cuz they got no one, but after they get the heals i get kicked. In 2s only ppl that wanna cap join my team then leave. In 3s im not given a chance at all. Reguardless of the class problems the worst part is not being able to be social the way i use to in BC, Wrath, and Cata. My last remaining source of fun is solo bging and pickpocketing once in a while. Can anyone tell me how can something like this go live? Do they only do math testing? This is my only class and wtf am i supposed to do now? Sure pro's can work way harder and still make it but im just a regular guy trying to have some ninja fun, but now im afraid to attack anything, cuz i know everyone will instantly look at me and fight over who gets my Killing blow first :(Jonathonsky2 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Rogues Aren't Dead Proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB41h-5xbvcReåpér9 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Unguloxx <The Murderaffe> Tips, please? I'm stuck on this stupid giraffe. My record is only about 31%. I've tried just about everything I can think of. Evasion only seems to avoid half of his attacks (as it should), and my stuns and blind are reduced. Yet, he hits for 81k. Am I just under-geared? I don't know if my armory has it yet, but I got some new gloves in LFR that brought my ilvl to 482. Any tips are appreciated, thanks! Edit: Oh, if my armory shows that I have Shuriken Toss learned, it is because I'm trying something a bit off-the-wall for a couple attempts only. I typically have Anticipation learned.Quicksting9 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Why do rogues still have a posion duration? Basically the title. If you want to take them off to switch or change around just right click. Seems like just an annoying feature now.Clarol13 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Leeching Poison in Raids I could see it being more appreciated in PvP/non-raid PvE. But during raids, Shiv is generally too high of an opportunity cost. Does anybody ever feel glad they have Leeching in a raid environment? You know.. "Yes! LP made X mechanic less of a pain!" Because it seems to me that Leeching Poison is just the go-to talent when the other two aren't applicable. EDIT: I will admit that it's nice for damage modifier fights (Elegon, Garalon (feint > LP here though), Amber Shaper)Mcsertion23 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 do rogues need a damage buff? Before you all comment to stop complaining this isnt a complaint, im simple curious about what other rogues think about our damage without cooldowns? do you think our constant damage needs a buff? or should they leave it as it is?Keradow6 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Stats for pvp Can someone help me with what stats too lean towards, I just now got full deadly and am wondering If I made the right picks and what I should reforge too. I am sub btw. Which main stats too look for? and what is the hit/exp I need for pvp Thank you!Akono2 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 ST is better than Anticipation When using ST in PVE, I find ST vastly superior than anticipation for the following reasons. I'm a SIN rogue and in my opinion ST is better than Anticipation. You can use ST to make a 4cp Envenom or Rupture into a 5cp one, it will actually give you a slight overall dps increase if you always do that throughout the fight. I realize that when fighting a pure tank and spank Boss fight that you can achieve the same thing with Anticipation but the difference is in not waiting for E build up to hit your next Mut, its extremely fast as well if you need to keep SnD or Rupture from falling off. But since the majority of Boss fights in MOP involve moving away from the Boss for various reasons, ST means that you can almost always be doing damage while keeping poisons up. Using a 5cp recoup when using ST from a distance can help alleviate the healing needed from your healers as well while not wasting your up time of any abilities since you can't envenom or rupture at that point. It also means no having SnD fall off, or means that you have a 5cp rupture rdy to go when on the Boss again. I find it alot more valuable then then the other choices on the talent tier. In PVP I use it as well. I get alot more KB's using it then I do trying to close the gap with our limited mobility as compared to other classes. I love having it for when I get knocked out of stealth before my opener and still at a distance, I get cp's up while I'm closing the gap. What does anyone else think about ST vs Anticipation?Behemouth28 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Ideas for rogue abilities. Not trying to start a "fixroguesplz" thread, just interested in hearing other peoples ideas for the class, and to share a few thoughts of my own. Of course, some of these will sounds OP but I don't believe they would be if all the numbers were balanced. Okay, maybe a few of these ideas are a little over the top lol Abilties: -Evasion: 2 min cd. -Recuperate: Heals for more, more quickly depending on the amount of combo pts used. For example, 1 cp = 1% per sec over 10 sec and 5 cp = 5% per sec over 5. Possibly adjust the numbers to make it a little more powerful by attaching a short cd to it. -Distract: Usable on target in combat -New-Blood splatter: Spreads your bleeds and poisons to all targets in an area. -Expose armor: Either something similar to tiger palm for monks or a debuff that only applies to the rogue but doesn't have to stack for the full 30%. -Kidney Shot: Does dmg in addition to the stun, or get rid of all dmg on cc's. Could do alot of dmg to enemies immune to stun. -Gouge: Same as kidney shot. -Feint: Usable while cc'd and has elusiveness built in but at a lower % dmg reduction. -Cloak of shadows: 1.5 min cd. -Shadow walk: Applies a buff similar to vanish(cant be broken out of stealth). -Combat readiness baseline. -New-Shadowshift: phases you and the target into a shadow world where you can only see and attack each other. Would probably need a high cd and short duration to be balanced. -Deadly Throw baseline with a cd and changed to interrup based on how many cp spent. 1 sec per cp if theyre casting, possibly silence at 5 cps. Specs: Assassination: -New- Throw a flask of sticky poison at target location causing everyone in the area to be slowed and/or take dmg. -New- A trail of poison follows you for a duration, causing damage to all enemies in its path. -Venomous wounds: 100% chance to proc with a short cd. Possibly double proc if both rupture and garrote are on the target -New-Deadly brew: ~20 yard range. Either target on ground aoe or single target cast on enemy, applies every poison to the target(deadly, wound, crip, mn, w/e talented poison) either short cd or somewhat high energy cost. Combat: I haven't played combat since TBC, but I'd like to see it become kinda tanky like the description says, "stand toe-to-toe with enemies." If it is already like this, disregard what I've said lol. -Give combat the old Ghostly Strike and Riposte without the disarm effect, maybe + parry % or something effective against casters. Subtlety: -Backstab renamed to Stab: No positional requrement, but rewards players for staying behind their targets. Perhaps a stackable buff increasing the dmg that's lost after stabbing from the front, increasing the dmg and refunding some of the cost, or increasing crit chance, etc. -Hemo: Does no initial dmg but causes a stackable bleed similar to ignite for mages up to a cap and interacts with your bleeds on the target. Causing them to tick when cast, increasing duration per hit up to a cap, or increasing their dmg per tick, etc. -Shadow dance: Let it have its own bar again. Use the interface similar to our poisons to place the skills on the bar. -Eviscerate refreshes rupture to a duration based on how many cps were spent on the eviscerate. Talents: Tier 1: Stealth -Nightstalker: Also increase the effect of our stealth abilities(longer silence on garrote, longer stun on cheapshot, shadow dmg on ambush) with a cd. -Subterfuge: Incorporate overkill into the talent(increased energy regen in stealth and for a short duration afterwards). Shadow Focus: Abilities in stealth also daze the target. Tier 2: Poisons -New-A poison that has a chance to give energy or combo pts. Shiv effect possibly gives addition resources(if proc is energy, it gives a cp or vice versa). -Paralytic Poison is good, maybe +5% proc rate or dispel protection of some sort. -Leeching Poison is fine. Tier 3: Defense -Cheat Death: Also applies a 5 cp recuperate. -Nerve Strike: Possibly applied by gouge also, but decreased effect or duration. Could also affect healing, but just one or the other, not both at the same time. -Preperation- Gives sprint, vanish, and evasion 2 charges and possibly lowers the cds Tier 4: Mobility -New- Movement speed increased by x% per cp used from finishers and while the buff is active you may not be slowed below a certain speed. -Shadowstep: Usable while rooted but doesn't break the root. Maybe a little shorter cd or reduces the cd more if used to jump to a friendly target. -Burst of speed: Temporary immunity to movement impairing effects but also gives a small movement speed increase for the duration. Tier 5: Damage -Prey on the weak: Could apply a debuff to targets immune to cc for whatever the duration of the cc would have been. -Shadow Clone: Summons a shadow clone that does x% of your dmg, has x% of your life, and splits damage taken and cc duration with you(4 sec stun = each stunned for 2 secs). -Dirty tricks baseline -Cold blood- 100% crit for next ability, critical strikes reduce the cd by 1 sec Tier 6: -Shuriken toss is cool, could use something tho -Versatility: Also removes the energy cost of damaging finishing moves. -Anticipation: Charges build every x seconds or gain all 5 when you stealth.Stricken12 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 [PvP] proper way to fix rogue survivability Recuperate. 30% of health over 30 seconds is stupid, and useless in pvp especially since we have to sacrifice damage for it. Every single class has better heals than us, most without sacrificing damage for it. Hunters - exhilaration, readiness, exhilaration, for a 60% instant heal Dks - lichborne death coil, and ghoul sac Druids - healing touch and rejuv Warriors - second wind, which doesn't even need activation, it just straight up heals 3 times as fast as rogues healing, without cost. mages - temporal shield, and cauterize monks - expel harm and healing spheres, healing elixers, zen sphere (not sure how effective monk heals are, played one) paladins - flash of light, word of glory, seal of insight increases these heals warlock - Dark regeneration, drain life, glyphed healthstone priest - desperate prayer, flash heal, renew, binding heal, prayer of mending shaman - healing tide totem, healing surge, healing stream totem, chain heal, healing rain These are all heals available to DPS specs, not healing specs recuperate healing is far too low, for how much it costs. leeching poison helps a little, but to use it you have to sacrifice some utility, since its a poison, and damage mitigation, since its a talent. out damage mitigation is fine, we're leather wearers, we are supposed to be a little squishier than plate wearers and such, but if they were to return recup to its former state, i truly believe rogue survivability would be fixed.Smallblind3 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 19, 2012 @my fellow rogues. It's been fun, Good times. enjoyed having long drawn out conversations with a lot of you over skype/mumble/aim . Good luck in your future. May the old gods shine upon you, and the loot rain from the heavens. /farewell edit: OH! how could I forget... /cast VanishTeqnik5 Dec 19, 2012
Dec 19, 2012 Rogue pvp I'm having a hard time killing anyone in PVP and was wondering if any other rogues are having the same issue. My PVP power is low, hovering around 20% but i don't see it raising to much more after i am fully geared. Is there something I'm missing?Kianthus17 Dec 19, 2012
Dec 19, 2012 super invisible cloak thing we need something that makes us invisible for a short time while attacking so no one can see us, and we won't be kited. Kind of like what subterfuge does, but longer and isnt counted as being stealthed. It wouldn't be op at all.Panakamanana0 Dec 19, 2012
Dec 19, 2012 your thoughts. ability vs ability: Heres a list of abilities rogues have, similar to those of a warrior. There is also a few below i cant really grab a comparble to that hasnt been listed already. Lets hear which you think is better, and a reason why. If you have a comparable to those unmatched abilities at the bottom, that have not already been listed as a counter, please let us know. Colossal smash vs Expose Armor Avatar vs Vendetta & Dance Heroic Leap vs Shadowstep Die by the Sword vs Evasion TfB + Mastery vs VW/SV + Mastery Deep Wounds vs Rupture Mortal Strike vs Wound Poison Overpower vs Shiv Bloodbath/Howl/Hamstring vs Crippling Spell/Mass reflect vs Cloak Plate Specialization vs Leather spec Fear vs Blind Shockwave vs KS 2nd Wind vs Cheat Death (or recoup) Execute vs Dispatch Shattering Throw vs ? Zerk rage vs ? Victory Rush vs ? Recklessness + Banner vs ? Defensive Stance vs ? Shield Wall vs Combat Readiness Deadly Calm vs ? Thanks for taking the time.Griev54 Dec 19, 2012
Dec 19, 2012 Thoughts on Rupture.. was wondering how it would be if Rupture's duration was doubled with no increase in dmg. At least for pvp I think this would make bliz forcing this ability down our throats more palatable.Hairyhoudini5 Dec 19, 2012
Dec 19, 2012 PVP weapon upgrade cost Is this correct? To upgrade both weapon it will cost 2800 conquest pts but for 2h weapons it'll only cost 1400?Charicee4 Dec 19, 2012
Dec 19, 2012 Helm transmog question I was wondering if there was ne leather head piece similiar to Burnished Helm of Might as i really like the way it looks.Shankarific1 Dec 19, 2012