Oct 1, 2012 Tricks of Our Trade: Anticipanda ... The Archives for the Tricks of our Trade threads can be found here: ... Don't get me wrong, Original Pandsta is pretty sweet. But this was more roguey. :) TOPIC O' CONVO: How much caffeine or other performance-enhancing chemicals have you imbibed or otherwise forced into your system to allow you to play Pandaria nonstop since the official launch?Rfeann500 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Taking Damage Like Nothing Before...? Any other rogues while leveling experience the !@#$ being beat out of you by npc's at or even lower than your level? After fighting a single NPC I will be at about 30% health or lower... I have learned how to play the new specs.. and am leveling as combat I went 3/8 HM DS (and would usually be 4th on DPS meters) so I know how to play my class that i doubt is the issue... just seeing if anyone else feels like a piece of paper in a word full of scissors.Knife6 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Best DPS spec for a rogue? What is the best DPS spec for a rogue now? Whatis hit and expertise cap? did a rogues energy gain get cut in half? It's taking forever for my energy to refill. some times I take a bathroom break while waiting on itIcyshot10 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Rogues vs other melee I'll start out with a bang: ROGUES ARE TERRIBLE. And here's why I think so. Ever since the 5.0 patch rogues seemed to lose a lot of their big numbers in favor of smaller numbers faster. That's just how it felt. I was against all the rogue hate and actually backed rogues up. I topped damage and killing blows in a majority of BG's and in dragon soul I was top contender for DPS in every raid i joined. But now at 90 it feels EXACTLY the same. It feels no different than it did at level 85. I'm not sure about combat (or even subtlety) but the assassination rotation is extremely boring, once you apply your dot and use slice and dice it's pretty much GG from there apart from the occasional proc for dispatch. But it just feels.. so... booooring. There's no excitement to it. I just started leveling my 85 warrior and I'm already having infinitely more fun on him than I have had on my rogue. The arms spec for warriors is much more focused and engaging than the almost face roll sleep mode that assassination is. You can time attacks to line up with a colossus smash, you have several different procs to keep an eye on, but most of all the numbers are way bigger. It sucks playing my rogue and seeing my execute hit for as much as a warriors mortal strike does and then seeing my warriors execute hitting for double that. Let's look at the talent trees. At level 90 warriors have three abilities, Avatar, Bloodbath and Storm Bolt. Each move is an ability that actually does something cool and adds a cool element to how a warrior functions. Avatar allows you transform and do more damage and gain more rage as well as becoming immune to slow and root effects. Bloodbath is a nice extra bleed that additionally has a slow paired with it. And finally storm bolt is a range closer in the form of a throwable stun. Compared to the rogue level 90 talents. Rogues get versatility, something that rogues have been asking for for a long time now and we finally get it but we need to spec into it at the highest level in order to obtain it. They also get shuriken toss, arguably the best of the three due to the fact that it allows the rogue to generate combo points from afar which is needed considering how immobile the class has become. And finally anticipation, something that I feel is a waste of time. The most this will do is save you from wasting that extra combo point you gained when you used mutilate with 4 combo points up, or if your dispatch proc crit with 4 combos already applied. This ability is extremely situational and that is boring. The immobility I mentioned is a PvP based complaint. Rogues right now have almost no way to close the distance to someone. Unless you pick burst of speed and then never use your energy for attacks, you're going to be kited all day long. Forcing rogues to choose between shadowstep and preparation is too big a hit. It's too tough to make that decision, and not matter what you choose at the end of the day you're going to be on the back foot. Why do warriors not have to spec for charge? Why do death knights not have to spec for death grip? Why do hunters not have to spec for disengage? Why do mages not have to spec for blink? Why do rogues still not have shadowstep as baseline with all of these other classes having their gap closers baseline? Why do rogues have to force themselves to abandon prep to obtain this gap closer? This is by far the hardest choice for any class in the entire game and there is no other choice that even compares with it right now. To sum this all up, rogues are a very boring class right now and feel very underpowered in terms of mobility in pvp vs other classes. Warriors and death knights have a lot more going for them in terms of how engaging they feel. They are just more fun pure and simple.Plzcalmdown2 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Daggers Can anyone tell me where I can find some good daggers for my rogue? Like specific dungeons that might drop them, certain quests etc? thanks! :)Pastrybabe2 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Burst of Speed Breaks stealth, why?Pryless9 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Anticipation.................... So yeah after you gain 5 combo points and gain 1 more you obtain Anticipation, giving you an extra combo point or is it 2? On your next offensive ability... This.....this has been a little useless.....I barely even notice the benefit....I already gained an extra combo point always or almost always with my offensive ability like Envenom for example Could someone tell me the exact benefit of this talent is bad when you hardly notice a benefit that you acquire.....sigh....Xejvluqstzyr56 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Fangs of the Father Macro I haven't sent them to the great bank as of yet, since I have yet to get a replacement for them but here's my problem. When I do replace them with Pandaria daggers, how will I be able to weapon swap the both of them and use the slow fall ability in one quick and easy macro? My knowledge of macros is limited so that's why I figured I'd ask people who know far more about it than I do.Mikayshen2 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 MMO-CHAMPION The best rogue ever swapped to warrior is this what you want all rogues to do? is that the secret? Works both ways though. Will it make warriors acknowledge they might be fine for PvP? Unlikely. What does it matter if the best rogue ever switched to warrior. maybe warrior suited his playstyle better? I haven't asked him, but I certainly haven't stuck with the same class for 8 years. Players sometimes over interpret omens.Windslash3 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Combat PVP at 90.. I'm thinking of leveling my rogue to 90.(currently 72) Before I continue to level, I would like to gather some opinions from some of the more experienced rogues on the state of combat pvp at 90.. How has your experience been so far as combat at 90? Looking at the talents myself I saw endless possibilities with the way the spec can be played. How is the Shuriken Toss/Deadly Throw combo working out? Can it be used effectively to kite melee in certain cases with BoS? Maybe pick up Dirty tricks to enhance the kiting, for example A DK uses Chains of ice, you BoS it/continue the Toss/Throw combo, The Dk death grips, You gouge and continue to kite.. Seems effective on paper but I have not tried it myself. Has anyone tried Paralytic Poison with the Blade Flurry glyph? If so how effective is it? I heard it does not have diminishing returns? (can someone confirm this?) How does Combat fair without its Cds? (killing spree/Adrenaline Rush)Sorumnik6 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Ok so they fixed blind, thats step one... It's still going to take a hell of a lot more in terms of buffs of sustained dps outside of dance, mobility improvement and CD reduction for me to get back onto my rogue. GG BM hunters and casters in season 12, early grats on the titles.Erunbauko9 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Anticipation 2.0 A continue of the previous thread but anyway ENOUGH QQ THIS NEW TALENT IS AWESOME! Been using it in heroics and it is a lot of fun, I can have like over 100k crit TWO TIMES IN A ROW WOOO! Haha I like what Blizzard did.Xejvluqstzyr5 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Suriken toss+deadly throw Im pretending to be a hunter, And i like it.Griffîth26 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Need Some DPS Advice I am relatively new to rogues, as my main has always been a mage. However, I was getting bored of casters and decided to try a rogue out this expansion (currently we don’t have one in our raid group). I love mut spec, but I am currently running combat as I am still waiting on a good dagger to drop. I apologize if there has been multiple threads asking this, but I was wondering if I could get some tips/advice on dps tactics? I have read the guides in this forum; however in heroic dungeons I am getting smoked by almost every dps class (esp warlocks, mages, and dks). Normally I am comfortable if I am bottom of the dps meters if I am within 1-5% of the other classes. However, my 35-40K dps is getting rolled over by other dps pulling 50-60K dps (aoe and single target). I know my gear isn’t great, but are rogues more gear dependant than other classes? Or, is my lack of enchants on my gear holding me back (rather not enchant low lvl gear)? My problem could just be to learn my class better, but any thoughts on my gear, temp reforging would be appreciated. ThanksCerbus0 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 WTB The Night Blade Procurei pelo fórum espero que eu esteja postando no lugar correto se não for peço que mudem de local. P> uma adaga de nv 70 The Night Blade segue o link Alliance ou Neutral Auction HouseSwiftpoison0 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Rogues... Broke? Hey guys, I have always loved playing my rogue more than any other class ive played in the past? I am currently playing assassination spec and having a rough time. Maybe not a rough time exactly but compared to other classes i feel so weak? I was just curious what others were thinking about the current state of rogues? I find myself spending 10-25seconds killing another lvl 90 npc unless i get good crits. While i will see other classes kill 5-7 mobs at the same time while i try to kill one. It seems like we are the weak ones in the bunch. I personally dont feel like our damage has went up all that much since cata. Great example-- My rogue struggles to randomly-possibly get a crit over 100k thats if all my cds are poped. My lvl 85 "BLOOD" deathknight can deathstrike and crit for 150k.. Idk feels like somthings a bit off.. MY MAIN QUESTION--- Do you feel like blizzard will make any attempt to buff rogue damage or increase utility at all? OR Do you feel like rogues are currently in a good state and shouldn't be touched at all? My angry nerd thoughts--- It would make me happy if we didn't have to choose between shadow step and prep. They let all the other classes keep their major ability's. Also making prep reset smoke bomb again would be great. + a damage buff Sincerely- MorganxMorganxx7 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 How I feel playing my Panda Rogue Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Impractical to level as sub? I'll mainly be leveling via solo quests with maybe an instance here and there. Is it impractical to want to level sub? I just seems the most rogue-y and I really want to stick with daggers. However, it's hard to be behind something backstabbing once you've caught it's attention you know? Thanks in advance!Azaila6 Oct 1, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Look on the brightside fellow Rogues. At least we are a good distraction as the other more 'Well-endowed' classes kill our attackers. So... score.Legions7 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Weapon speed So, does it matter anymore... do rogue sstill use a heavier main hand and a lighter offhand? for Ex. 2.6 MH, 1.8OH. Or did i miss something and weapon speed doesnt matter anymore.Twiss5 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Can Rogues AOE? new to rogue, probly gonna drop it tho. According to noxxic, you only use Fan of Knives/Tempest if there are more than 6 targets. What about all these dungeons w/ 2-5 ads that everyone else is cleaving? just stick single target anyway? seems pretty freakin lame. Off topic: Does anyone else feel like subtlety in a raid is just a ****fest of combo points spamming you.Dizyzz4 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Defunct Defunct thread is defunct! Go here: Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 What am I doing wrong? Pretty much what the title would suggest.. I'm just at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I just got into heroics and I feel like a piece of !@#$. Every group I do pretty decent DPS, in my opinion.. except for one major issue. There's always one person who blows me out of the water. Be it a fury warrior, DK, warlock or ret paladin.. they just slam me into the ground. Now, I do about 35-45k DPS, depending on the fight itself, but I really feel like I should be doing more. My current "rotation" would be to open up with ambush and then apply revealing strike and expose armor, then capping off at 5 combo points with a final SS and then apply SnD. After that I'd put on Rupture and then use eviscerate at 5 points while juggling RvS, SnD and Rupture. Is there something I can improve upon? Am I missing something integral?Zhon4 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 . Question answered.Unseen0 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Kidney Shot Broken? Ninjuh3 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Hunters Out Stealth Rogues Recently, i have been testing detection in duels. Stealth detection was previously made uniform after having significant problems with it in BC. However, its back. Regardless, i was trying to stealth and get an opener on my hunter freind when i noticed he would always, and i mean always, catch me first. So i tested the distance at which he could see me in stealth. He could see me at about 12-15 yards where as i could not see him outside of 5 yards. Frustrated, i used a MAJOR glyph to increase my stealth detection for 10 seconds. This move increased my stealth detection to about 10 yards still less than the hunters. On top of this hunters can track humanoids to gain the general location of opposing players. This is the dumbest thing ive ever experienced. I understand they want to hella NERF rogues to get people to play other classes for a short while, but this is stupid. The fact that rogues CANNOT get openers on competent players is obsurd. I can understand getting caught out of stealth, but why do we even have stealth if it doesn't do a !@#$ING THING.Kitatak1 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Race Change to Pandaren I just paid to race change to Pandaren.Kincayd12 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Poison graphics not showing Is there a toggle switch to turn on the poison graphics because currently they are not showing on my weapons...thank you.Sneakizzle5 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Questions on the new rogues. Been thinking about making my Rogue my new main for this expansion. Not really liking how my other classes are looking whether through just foreshadowing or what have you, but when I played my rogue I legitimately enjoyed it far more than I did my other classes. Not just had fun mind you, I could do that as any class, but actually enjoyed it. Anyways, most people think rogues are looking to be pretty down so far, and I had a few questions that I need to clear up before I commit. 1: The four piece deadly brew bonus, does shiv apply the 70% snare as well? Not sure if anybody is able to know this yet for obvious reasons or recalls if it was done correctly in beta, but if not then seems really, really un-intuitive. With that said however, being guaranteed 100% bonus of both baseline nonlethals is kind of silly. Making the 4 set useless if you want your original 70% snare back is also really silly and even outright demoralizing, however. 2: Is energy REALLY an issue or are people just crying out for the sky to fall before gear is normalized in some fashion again? I see a lot of people not liking how their resource management is working for rogues as of yet, but can't tell whether it's legitimate or if it's because of such a high dropoff for stat bonuses that won't see fixing for a while. 3: Paralytic poison: is it on its own DR or does it share with all other stuns? The other 2 talents seem better regardless, mostly just curious. 4: Crimson tempest: what exactly was this meant to accomplish? When I played postpatch on 85 on my rogue I could never find a use for it. I guess it could be used for slightly smoother swaps as sub but other than that, complete pve ability? This was mostly impromptu before I go to sleep and I can't think of any more. Thanks in advance for any input you might have.Troyis9 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Stealth works IRL! haha one story, one time at my school me and my real life friend we both played wow and we played rogues (back in BC) and there was a massive hallway with all the teachers and we went into steal mode and snuck through the whole hallwall people though we were weird :p soo fun though, any rogue experiences you guys had?Haexø3 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Having Issues with specing this new talent tree is really making me mad I cant find out which spells to use they are all good but somehow when I use it they are Nerfed is it lag or did the class get nerfed or did I just spec wrong?Thol1 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Haste and crit seems that since i went to panda land and got new gear that crit dissapeared and energy regen is in the toilet. Anyone else notice this or i just got my hands on some meh gear?Failrogue11 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 What spec with these slow weapons? So say I have these 3 weapons: Claws of Gekkan Gao's Keg Tapper Siege-Captain's Scimitar What spec should I play? I'm currently playing Assassination in PvE, didn't want to go Combat this expac but are those weapons the most viable with Combat? I know lots has changed with poisons and weapons but not totally sure what that would mean in my situation.Mgssidley10 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 The Panda Rogue... ... that's who I be. Oreo belly, finally set free. You never woulda guessed it, my cover's legit. I've been hidin' in this silly Belf outfit. Holla' for the Panda Rogue. Bear-ninja since before it was vogue. Paws so flash you can't keep up. Invisible panda - I got the hookup. Don't even gotta try. Y'all fall into my trap. Get in my way and I bust your kneecap. Catch me outta stealth and you're in for a Su-prize 'cuz I'm the Panda Rogue. Check-it. Full-Size. Daggers, swords, and maces; my weapons of choice. Vendetta? Just call. I'll send an invoice. Holla' for the Panda Rogue. Bear-ninja since before it was vogue. You've never seen me before. Don't think I exist? You're about to see the power unleashed by this fist. I hear it all the time, "So fuzzy! So Nice!" Next they find themself cooked into fried rice. Sneak up. Cap the flag. Y'all can't handle my swag. Dead before you see me. It's just a game of death-tag. I pick your pocket while munchin' bamboo. Sap your face then practice kung-foo. Holla' for the Panda Rogue. Bear-ninja since before it was vogue. Tried to hit me with the nerfbat, that crab. Swing and a miss. I put him in rehab. I'm the king of the hill, the best of the best. If you're Alli, I'm the number one pest. All these fools that think they're top rate... Haven't seen the kills by this primate. You think I'm new on the scene, but I run the far east... Where I'm known simply as, The Beast. Holla' for the Panda Rogue. Bear-ninja since before it was vogue.Trixya30 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Is shadowstep gone? Sorry...recently came back to rouge after an absence.Bagsnstuff4 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 No cd on Redirect or Anticipatio as 5th talen Hmmmm For PvE the 5th talent point of no cd on Redirect or Anticipation...both are very good but hard to choose basing on what situation you are in...I say Anticipation, eh? For PvP As Assassination for both specs....this is hard to choose too but no cd on Redirect would be boss for PvP eh?Xejvluqstzyr15 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Which spec is the most fun to dps with? Thoughts? Also, what's the average queue time for dps? I've been tank/healer and I've gotten spoiled to instant queuesFennris12 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 DS Legendary Daggers Just noticed an interesting thing after you proc FotD even if you remove the daggers the buff still remains, this gets me thinking back in wrath before they made the deadly poison change and there was the weapon swap addon so you could use 2 weapons with IP after deadly reached 5 stacks, may not be a damage increase to do this during a fight but you sure would benefit if you got the stacks to 30 on a "Turnip Punching Bag" before the pull, pulled, proc'd then switched to the better weapons for the rest of the fight. Just a thought since I can't test this without a second set of heroic daggers. let me know what you think and or if you get a chance to try this then tell me your results.Cheadge2 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Downscale of Rogues So ive recently hit 90. Have been playing rogue since vanilla. Experienced every xpac right at the start. Played right after the every new xpac with the new starter gear. Never felt so chicken with my head off playng bg's in my life in Pandaria. Our damage is horrible compared to any other xpac ive played in the begging. ive got all the starter crafting pvp gear as well. I know theres the downscale of end game cata to new panda land but seriously. I know our playstyle has been altered alot as well. But this is just bad. dmg wise at least compared to other xpacs. Anyone else feel the same way?Frequent12 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 how 2 level rogue what spec should i keep up the slice and dive and the attack power thing or use my combo points for evinerate level 74 btwHuntêrr6 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Haven't played in over a year. Help... I retired from WoW after hitting level 85 in Cataclysm, and haven't played in well over a year. I just recently reactivated my account and purchased MoP, and am realizing that the game has changed quite a bit since I played last. Not only have I forgotten almost everything, I can also tell that almost everything is different. I'm looking for some good resources to get back up to speed. I used to play a mutililation spec w/ daggers, but I have no idea what's considered the best builds these days. Any suggestions on where to start?Redwyn2 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Poisions They bypass armor right?Ryukazi4 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 For what it's worth ... I was able to level to 90 with my heroic cata gear. 85-87 was pretty easy. At 88 I started to feel the lack of haste and energy regen. At 89 the mobs had significantly more health vs my 225k and I had to be careful about taking on multiple mobs. Now that I've dinged 90, I'll start replacing items as I work through heroics.Tulok2 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Soloing Onyxia? Is it possible for rogues? I hear DKs/Hunters/possibly Druids can all do it, but can rogues? I imagine it'd be an unbelievably slow process, pulling approximately ~1k dps for like 20 minutes or more, all the while having to constantly stop and kill adds.. I tried googling this with no results. Anyone know?Values15 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Low DPS? I'm level 89, mute spec. This is only comparing dps on the Brewfest fight but my DPS always seems to be at or near the bottom. I'm doing 25k while warriors, pallies, mages are doing 40+. Am I doing something horribly wrong? I'll admit that I haven't looked into keeping th envenom proc up all the time but I'm keeping SnD and rupture up for the most part.Zilvanna8 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 To all you chicken-brains... "Rogue Blind should always land as intended. Other players should not be able to dodge, block, or parry Blind." idiot fanboys trying to convince both myself and others that it was normal to be able to dodge it with evasion. lol @ "l2skill"Pikachuchu1 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 can anyone teach me how to duel rogues?? same as title,,, i got owned by all these rogues while im lvling.... even when i changed my spec to blood,,,i seriously need help guys. ... the thing that me feel real bad is rogues can stealth then put on their cata pvp gears and i have no idea before they open on me...... come lets be fair wear new gears please.....Papaluke2 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 dual weild daggers or just main hand for sub with all the changes, all the info I read doesn't apoply anymore, there are no more "fast" daggers and ambush not based on that and you don't use talents to improve it. Anyways, with the sub specialed, doing ambush (and even hemmorage after) do I have to dual weild daggers or just have 1 in the main hand. The description just says "if a dagger is equipped"Raggedyann1 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Pickpocketting MoP Any new stuff you can pickpocket 85-90 in MoP? Vender trash that sells for gold? Cool pets? Chests/Boxes? Anything?Isomer3 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 SUBTERFUGE IS BROKEN PLZ FIX. Explain to me why if im specced into subterfuge as a rogue it remains broke. I am not the only rogue who has posted this before. If a NE rogue Shadowmelds > Stealth...subterfuge procs and pulls the rogue out of stealth. I can spec any of the top tier talents and not experience this issue. In the middle of nowhere used the Shadowmeld racial > Stealth.... -_____- subterfuge procs pulled out of stealth. Spec into shadow focus/night stalker everything is fine. What's the deal blizz? Anyone else experience this issue as a NE Rogue?Vesis6 Sep 29, 2012