Jun 5, 2012 Been away, need advice I have not played Wow in a while, just resubbed for a month and thought I'd give my rogue a spin. I only want to PvP and really want to dual wield swords ( go go transmog! ) and I was wondering about specs. Is Sub with swords viable in BGs, rated BGs, Arenas? Or should I stick to combat swords? Thanks for the advice -Breuha1 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Why no combat pve guide I recently hit 85.. still getting geared. but was wondering how i can improve my current gear (Obviously I did not enchant yet). what is the combat stat priority? My dps that I am doing ranges from 17-20k. is this normal for what I have equipped?Malgos4 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Best burst? OK, I know I'm far from having the best burst damage, or even DPS period. What I'm wondering is if anyone can tel me how to really up myself to being the best rogue I can be. It's been about 4 years since I really played this game (discounting the last 6 months) so I'm a tad out of the loop. I've been looking through the forums and there isn't very much of it that has helped (it probably would have if I'd have gone to higher schooling :P). So there you have it. Feel free to tear me apart and tell me how to actually be a better Rogue.Jagroth3 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 calling all troll rogues! Starting my troll rogue today! just wanted to see how u studs look in end game gear. Holla Mon.Dicenscrubs19 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 I can't kill Lord Hiram Creed I just can't get him past half health, I've tried about 4 or 5 times. My gear is fine, but my ability to kick and keep track of cd's is pretty awful. I'm not actually sure what to do from here, this is my first wow account and I'm obviously still learning things so if you have any advice it would be much appreciated. I'm almost getting to the point of just waiting for another rogue to show up... I'm using PvE combat with 2 points in improved recup, and I never let recup fall off. I try to use dismantle quite often but most of the damage I take is from the kickable spell, and I know I need to learn how to kick effectively but there must be an addon or something to help?Elvriqe16 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Shadowcraft not working for me? I recently upgraded dw axe to heroic mace and for some reason shadowcraft doesnt show my estimated damage on the upper right hand side. Is it down or bugged with certain gear?Udmg4 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Vanish broken? I recently went to Orgrimmar on my Rogue to mess around with the horde, bored :P. But, every time i killed a flagged player or and NPC and vanished, it did nothing to drop my combat. The guards continued to attack me for the duration of my Vanish. Now, i haven't been to Orgrimmar to mess around in quite sometime, so does Vanish not work on PvP NPCs? If someone could clarify this i would be very grateful :)Jermayne4 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Legendary Look! Which Transmog set or current set do you think looks best with Fangs of the Father? My Choices: Slayer set Deathmantle setEnergyburn18 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 I don't want to enchant Dagger Legendaries!!! Oh come on Blizzard! PLEASE! Can you add an option to turn off Weapon Enchants, or make the Dagger Legendaries override any enchant glows, or confirm that such a thing will be available in MoP! I finally got my legendary daggers, they are the most awesome looking weapons in the game............ and they are gonna be RUINED by Landslide! Absolutely RUINED! I've seen many other rogues wielding these daggers with Landslide and they look horrible! Luckily for me my guild is taking a break for Diablo 3 and raiding all together (We're burnt out of DS) so I don't have to mess up the dagger's looks with Landslide (for now). But if we start back soon, or start doing heroics, I'm gonna have too, and I don't want too! PLEASE! I'm begging you! The worst part is, if I do enchant'em with Landslide, when I end up finding an upgrade in MoP, they are gonna be stuck with a glow forever! There's no more enchants that erase glows (Like Weapon-Chains)!!! I don't want these beautiful daggers to be tainted with a glow! It's natural glow is amazing enough!Itsybitsy31 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 trinkets for pvp I'm mostly a pve guy, but have started to get the itch for pvp and been (very) slowly improving. A friend who is a better player than me on his non-rogue toons (I didn't even know he had a rogue until now) suggested that I should be using Wrath of Unchaining and the resil/agility proc trinket. I am currently running with vial and the resil/remove stun trinket. Didn't think I should be without the stun remove trinket - is he only saying that because his rogue is undead (Will of the Forsaken)? Even if I am right about stun remove trinket, thoughts on Wrath vs. Vial for pvp? Thanks!Vaelarrus1 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 How to beat fire mages as rogue? Help please :(Taterdotz5 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 2.6 Weapon Viable MoP Beta? so with the changes to poisons and daggers now having the same speed, do you think it is possible to wield a 2.6 weapon in either MH or OH and not as combat spec? i wanna know your thoughts.Sâkura26 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Daggers and Combat Spec PvE From what I've read searching older posts its ok to use even the starter daggers from the legendary chain with Combat. What I am curious about is why? Why would other daggers be so gimp while those are ok? I thought it was a weapon speed thing that makes Combat prefer slower MH weapons?Talisker6 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Critique my game play! Arena priest rogue 2v2 Rhaul 85 Human Rogue Shadowed Legion 5505 Constructive criticism only please! I posted this as to a possible means of people helping me point out my flaws! Thank you! All in all what could I have done to win this game? Or at least tie it ;p Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 How RNG dependent are rogues in PvP? I come to you with a simple question: How much do rogues depend on RNG to succeed in PvP? Can you name some aspects or abilities of rogues that depend on RNG?Eluss19 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 D3 Battletags GO Rogare#1352Fraix68 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Hemmorhage question I just made a rogue and i specced into sublety and i was wondering since i dont get rupture till level 40 somethin should i spec into hemmorhage whithout it? From my understanding rupture is the only bleed right?Lucifec6 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Rogue leveling MoP Help which spec do you guys recommend? i play sub while raiding, tried it during leveling and it just feels like i cant kill anything and im wearing full raid gear. is combat or mut a lot better? i know its beta, just wanna kill something at a decent speed.Sâkura1 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Rogue Sub rotation I am kinda new to my rogue and alot has changed since I last played him. I was looking for input as to a Sub Rogues rotation (in PVE). Any info is much appreciated. Thanks =)Karghan2 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Subtlety versus Combat for PVP I keep hearing combat is best, yet it seems that all the rogues that are actually geared for PVP or who have a good rating are subt. What gives?Shadysteps9 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 It is done. I haz Fangs.Darthsithis15 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Gemming (pvp) Help! Hi Rogue community, I hit 85 a couple days ago and have been gearing up with some of the honor glad stuff. I read the pvp rogue guide, but it seemed a little vague as far as gems, and I thought some personal advice might be good before purchasing said gems. The red sockets are obvious - 40 ago What about the yellow and blue? Should i just ignore the bonuses and put 40 agi's in every one? That is what my gut feeling is but I'm not sure if ignoring the gem bonus would be a rookie move. Thanks in advanceSmokinblades6 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Question about Combat!!! I have and . I also have I need to know which is better! the axe, and the dagger or both the daggers for combat! -THANKSDeadcritz2 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Favorite Rogue armor? I'm just wondering what your favorite rogue armor pieces are For me, my favorite helm is the Cowl of Defiance, favorite shoulders are theDarkmantle Spaulders, and my favorite set is nightslayer (its one of the reasons I rolled a rogue).Redfang1 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 garrote silence needs to be removed before you even consider the redlious amount of pressure through pure damage rogues put out now you have far to much to completely shut someone down, garrote silence especially in shadow dance is bs blizzard needs to remove itStavenger15 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Pickpocketing Hagara Can I pickpocket Hagara even if i have never pickpocketed before.Øriginal1 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 What spec should I roll? Hey there! I played my rogue pvp back in S9 and have basically full S9 pvp gears. I'm really thinking about which toon I'd like to resurrect before MoP and I'm leaning towards my rogue. My gear is full pvp. I can queue for the HoTs. My question is, given the gear i currently have what would be the best pve spec for me to be? I think im limited to sub or mut due to the fact that I only have 2 daggers. Any help is appreciated. Also, rotations/priorities are appreciated as well. Thanks!Predicament1 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Shiv Question So, I just got shiv. I know it can be used to take off an enrage effect in PvP, but what are its other uses in PvP and PvE and how important is it?Erirn2 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 noteven has any 1 else had probs with deadly throw in bg. i get DC ed 80 % of the time i use itGroof9 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Weapon speed ok am a little confused on weapon speed started a rogue and want to know which weapon is faster one with 1.60 or one with 2.40.Pragar3 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Dual-Wielding No'Kaled, Good or Bad? If you use 2 of the No'Kaled axes, is that a good or bad thing? What are the pros and cons for using 2 of them?Kavell3 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Rogue AOE Suggestion for MoP I've had this idea for a while now and I just want to see what you guys think about it. It kinda annoys me how rogues are able to use bows,crossbows, and guns but unable to do anything with them so we settle for throwing knifes because that's the only way for us to AOE with [Fan of Knives] So here is my suggestion. Why not just give rogues a new ability kind of like the [Multi-Shot] that the hunters have that we can use to AOE from long range with guns, crossbows or bows? You said it yourself blizzard that you want to have two of the same class to stand next to each other and feel different with the new talents system. Well this will add more variety to the rogue class and give the players a personal choice if they want to be close range and spam one button to AOE or to face they're target(s) and long range AOE them? -Here is a link to Multi-Shot ability that hunters have just in case anyone out there doesn't know what it is. (make sure to look at the screenshots of it too)- Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 I cant find my glyphs! I just bought glyph of backstab and glyph of shadow dance and i cant find either. why is this?Sickknt3 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Recuperate? You find it useful? Maybe I am missing something, but I don't think it's all that great... certainly nowhere near as good as a warrior's Victory Rush. And I have a buddy with an 85 rogue and he was telling me about how he feels like recuperate is very weak. I'm not a rogue expert by any means, as my only experience with one is this one and I think it is about 4 weeks old. I know I can add 3 talent points to help it, but I am thinking that there may be better ways to use those points. No need to bust my chops.... I'm just looking for opinions and help if I have the wrong impression.Jolokia34 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 I need to pick a class To level to 80 instantly through scroll and I was thinking about a mage, but now I think perhaps melee is really more my play style and thinking a rogue might be heaps of fun. How are you guys for farming? Cos I want to take mining and skinning and make stacks of gold. Which spec would be best for killing stuff quickly in the world, mining nodes etc, also for levelling to 85. Also why would I choose rogue over a cat druid Thanks :)Tigergrunt3 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 rotation as a combat rogue? hello my fellow rogues, i am quite new to the whole roguery thing and was just wondering what my basic rotation should be on a regular mob like in dungeons and such. I know i have to use ss but im not sure how often i should use eviscerate or when i should use slice n dice in dungeons or just save combo points for finishing moves? any input would be helpful.Drstabnjab2 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Landslide on both VS Pyrium on offhand. I use Landslide main and Pyrium weapon chain on offhand for pvp, but i have been seeing more and more people now that have landslide on both for pvp. Is there a reason for this? Does it up the proc rate?Ebejebe11 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 [Another, probably] Stealthblade question Yes I know there are other models easier to get. Have a Silver Blade or something to that effect for moging. I'm trying to figure out if the Stealthblade still drops even if at like .01%. The Armory doesn't have it dropping form anything atm and WoWhead has it dropping off several Green Dragonkin in Sunken Temple however the last handfull of comments are basicly saying what other weapons have a similar skin but not sure if it drops. Has anyone gotten a Stealthblade to drop more recently since an Armory comment from I think January said they got one to drop? Sorry if this has been asked, no doubt to death, but the search isn't getting me like recent drops posts, just "try this dagger that looks the same." which has me concerned about getting one.Elsbeth3 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Fresh 85 - Need some PVP help I just dinged 85 last night. I'm returning to WOW after a long break. I want to kick some @ss in pvp with this rogue. I'm a bit overwhelmed and I need to reconfigure my action bars and keybinds. I have a few questions ... Yes I did read all of the stickies. Right now I have premed macro to my openers. Is this right? I feel like I'm running out of keybinds already How should I best be using Shadowdance? Do I just spam Ambush during the dance? Do I pool energy first? What are the priorites on finishers? Is rupture ever used? I'm backstabbing all the time... do I need to glyph for hemo? Is my spec and glyphs correct? What PVP gear should I betting next? Where can I get some decent daggers until I can get the PVP daggers? I have been running ZG are there better daggers in the Twlight 5 mans? Thank you all in advance. I really appreciate constructive feedback.Raith9 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 My rogues actionbar (pic included)      I was recently given a Scroll of Resurrection, and haven't played since early 2010. So I thought, "why not give it a shot". The idea of learning all the new PvE instances turns me off, so I want to focus on PvP. I've looked all over for a decent set-up for my action bars, but have come up short.      If anyone could look at the link below and tell me how terribly/nicely I have set up my skills, critique it, and give me some suggestions on how I should arrange them it would be very much appreciated =).      I have the "1" through "=" as my stealth bar set to always show, whether I'm stealthed or not. And yes, I know I have some of the PvE oriented skills on there, but I want to have everything readily available just in case I want to try a dungeon or something. Here's my spec: I've read through both of these for the most part: Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 New MOP build Did anyone else saw sinister strike being increased to 175% weapon damage? how long until SS glyph 25% damage bonus becomes exploitable for pvp?Vernet2 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 glowy weapons I know there have been several threads listing all daggers with glows that override enchants, but anyone have a list of other weapons with glows (swords, axes, maces, fists)? Starting to put together a collection for x-mog when quest greens replace My Preciouses :( Thanks!Vaelarrus3 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 is fist weapons viable for subtly i would rather have my rogue use fist weapons for the transmogability then daggers, but will i be doing the same amount of damage?Kurrn14 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Excuse my rant. Anyone hate when a fellow rogue isn't playing nearly as well as they should be? I recently hit 85 on my mage and have been working on gearing him up by pugging into DS runs. Last night I pugged into a particular group that had a rogue with a decent ilvl. We get into the instance, start up trash and I notice no problems until Morchok. The rogue outgeared me by about 10 ilvls, and I was sitting there without even my LFR 2p. And yet I outdpsed him by about 5k on Morchok. And it wasn't just Morchok: I was consistently beating him on every fight (only pulling 18k on Ultraxion in Combat spec... Really???) After the raid was called I whispered the rogue and decided to ask a few questions. Like, why they weren't using Slice and Dice, or why they were choosing to use Envenom in Combat spec, or why they gemmed epic purples and a pure hit gem into their belt, to which they had absolutely no comment. Moral of the story: don't pug groups on alts or you'll be constantly criticizing what unlucky rogue happens to get pugged up as well. Tl;dr QQ I pugged with a FotM reroll and now I'm frustrated with the world. Which leaves me to ask, has this ever happened to anyone else?Elreck48 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Night Elf vs. Worgen Rogue (pvp) Which is better for pvp?Equinos13 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Legendary Daggers Finally have my Legendary Daggers!!Jundashave9 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 ninja tier style in mop rogues should get a ninja inspired tier for the MoP.Tomshady12 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Rogue t14 Skin tight boots AGAIN. Thank you Blizzard, I love already deciding not to wear your new tier sets and find my own mog. Is there ANYONE who likes those?Voshin14 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 My dear children of the bandit rogues. I, Keorics The All knowing All powerful Champion/Overlord/King/Lord/Master/God/Ruler/Winner/Rogue/rouge/bandit/thief/assassin/bard/night watch/Savior/NeedIGoOnBecauseIAmSoAwesome. but anyways, I have officially graduated Kindergarden, from here on out you will be seeing much more of me, and I hope to shift the rogue forums in a better direction. Since I have graduated I will have a lot more free time on my hands(No more girls chasing me around the jungle gym, they just cant get enough of my legendaries) I will dedicate as much time as I can to these forums, and assisting other bandits. I know some of yall haters have been hatin' on me, but hopefully this will soon change. May my presence be with you. - Keorics(refer to top for title)Keorics19 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 PvE Combat rogue "Boots Enchant" question Is the +25 agi. and minor speed increase really a major advantage for combat rogues over the 35 agi? I understand why we might prefer it because of our lack of a stealth opening... But is it really that much of an advantage? Or does it not really matter because of the minimal +10 agi. difference.Phantompower13 Jun 1, 2012