Paladin

Jan 6, 2012 HELP PLEASE!!! So, I have been rbging with a pretty great team and I have made it to 1500. But for some reason I cannot seem to break through to the 1600 bracket with them. Our dps is fine but I just have a feeling that maybe I am reforged and gemmed wrong. Before you pick on my enchants I am currently in the process of getting my stuff enchanted. If anyone could maybe look at my spec and gems and tell me where I went wrong I would greatly appreciate it! thanks in advance.Nast0 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Does Glyph of Exorcism has any use in PvP? Been seeing some Retribution Paladins use it and I was wondering if it does enough damage to be used during PvP content. What do you guys think?Wadushodu13 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Ret/DK and Ret/DK/Disc - Crit or Mastery? I know this topic has been brought up ad nauseam, but after a bunch of searching, the issue seems largely dictated by spec and play style. So, not being an arena expert, especially in regards to the ins and outs of different comps, I'm wondering which stat prioritization my teammates would benefit from more. Currently running Ret/DK in 2's and Ret/DK/Disc in 3's. So, should I be reforging into crit, or mastery? I'm a little concerned about losing my 40 second Hammer of Justice, but I guess if the healing difference is as good as I hear it is, it won't really matter. Any additional insight to the proper play style for the comps would be cool too if you're feeling extra kind. Cheers.Scirøn4 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 What gems to use PVP Holy Paladin? I am very close to level 85 and would want to know what gems to use for PVP. At first I wanted to go full Intellect on Red Sockets, full Resilience on Yellow Sockets, and full Spirit Gems on Blue Sockets. I am not to sure. Or go full Intellect on Red, Intellect/Resilience on Yellow, and Intellect/Sprit on Blue Which in your opinion would be better? I'm not touching Crit gems since I am going to reforge Mastery into Crit and since Healers tend to be focused on I feel I need more Resilience to survive.Stryper6 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Holy pally pvp how to survive? I mainly play bg's, and I find that when I get focused, I usually drop like a rock. Part of this is mainly due to my lack of gear and resilience right now, granted, but is that all I'm missing? I holy shock myself whenever it's off cooldown, I use my free holy charges to WoG and all that. Other than using divine shield to save myself from dropping, I don't know what else to do. I know some use the free flashes of light, but mine never seems to proc. The hardest part, is when I get stunned by a rogue, and my trinket is off cooldown, I can't do anything it seems. Any holy pally tips in general are welcome.Mybubblezbig33 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Holy Paladin Assistance [PvP] Hello! I've just gotten my Disc Priest to 4k resil, so now I'm moving on to learn the ropes of my Holy Paladin to see which I like better in BG's, with the hope of eventually qualifying for arena and RBG action. So, I'm looking for any and all advice regarding Holy PvP. If you know of a guide that has been updated fairly recently, please toss me a link. If you know a very good Holy Paladin in arena or RBG (or if you are one yourself) let me know so I can poke around their armory. I'm also interested in general tips, I know most of the basic concepts of PvP healing (juking, LoS, mobility) but not many specifics for Holy Paladins. Some things I'd be interested to hear your input on include but are not limited to... - Spec choices such as Denounce and Blazing Light, the importance of Eternal Glory and Divinity, and the general consensus for the last 10 talent points. - When to use Hand of Sacrifice to break CC. - When to use Hand of Freedom on yourself, when to lend a hand to a teammate. - What gear to buy first from the Honor Point Quartermaster. Regarding the last point, I can't log out in my Holy PvP gear at the moment -- but I have all of the BS crafted 377 gear and will pick up the JC neck and rings as well if I can raise the funds. Anything that helped you become a better Holy Paladin, I want to hear it! Thanks in advance :)Shadin1 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Leveling as Holy? Obviously, Holy can level effectively because of Random Dungeon Finder but how does it fair outside of dungeons? Is it possible to quest with Denounce and Exorcism spam? How would it compare to a Tanky McTank-Tank spec? Cheers.Damou3 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Ret PvP - Which T13 Pieces? Hey folks, just a simple question. I'm wondering what T13 pieces are Best in Slot for PvP purposes. I imagine it's the helm (for the hit and exp) and legs (to get rid of wasted haste) but I wanted to double check.Sigmar13 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 New twink So with the resent abandonment of pvp on this toon I have decided to make other 70 twink. Thinking more so about a pally lock or sham. Anyone who has played this bracket/ thinks they have something constructive plz comment suggestions and any reasoning behind it. - Riodss the one and onlySteriodss1 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 What is the Regular Souldrinker 403 Heal Proc Hello. Currently running 1 stam trink and 1 mastery trink and I can get ctc capped with it. But I'm gonna kill madness in a few hours so if the souldrinker drops, from the general consensus here I hear the heal proc sucks? If that is true I will go back to 2x mastery trinkets cause loosing the stats on my wep I wouldn't ctc cap. Thank you.Icytitan12 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 ret broke? anyone else feeling that paladins have taken a little too hard of a nerf over the last few patches? i'm not going to go bust out details but i've been doing alot of pvp and it really seems theres not too many classes that when played in a 1v1 or 2v2 with equal gear that doesn't have more one ups then i do, sure, i got a reset button but i'm starting to feel blizzard is expecting that reset button to be used(edit: every single fight) so now i have half a classIndigeaux17 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Elementium Terrors wreck my world Hey Pally forums. On the Deathwing fight, I am always obliterated by the Elementium Terrors in the last phase. I have to blow every CD I have, AND Bubble clear the stacks of tetanus just to survive. And yes I'm tanking them in the yellow circle. Anyone else having this problem? Our other tank (a DK) seems to hold his own tanking both of them sometimes, but me.. I drop like a stone tanking one.Baltard6 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 MoP : Run speed boostin + talents Looking at some of the talent options in MoP. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#ba!212102 With Pursuit of Justice now giving a flat speed increase with Holy Power, choices like Eternal Glory and Divine Glory get even better. A flat chance to not consume Holy power on our Word of Glory means we could have a significant speed boost up for significant amounts of time. That speed boost would also be undispellable. Seems pretty good to me from a PVP perspective. What do you guys think?Khalanos4 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Noobie Trying to Get Rdy To Raid Hey guys/gals. Came back to WoW a few months ago; left shortly after Cata came out last year, so most of my experience is in WOTLK. I finally got my ilvl high enough to raid-find, so I'm gonna spend some time learning fights and giving it a shot this weekend. In the meantime, I gotta get this girlie's gear enchanted and (possibly) reforged. So I'd appreciate it if you could give it a lookover and make some suggestions about what items could be reforged and/or enchanted (with specific suggestions, please). Any help is always appreciated.Djswirl2 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 4.3 Holy Dungeon Gear I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but although we have a kick-!@#, dragon-themed gear set available in the 4.3 dungeons, we have no gloves! This is actually the very first non-PvP pally set that I've liked and will keep to transmogrify should nothing better come in MoP. But what of the gloves? The plate dps and tank gloves don't match at all. This is just mean! Does Blizzard propose to add the gloves somewhere or are we supposed to just not wear them? =)Haleakala3 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 390 LFR Tentacle Sword or 397 Normal Sword Should I keep using my 390 or use a 397? Is the DPS a huge margin (including if my tentacles proc)? I'm debating it to either pass (397) on 2Hs to another mdps in our raid group or ditch the votdElewood3 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Where Is The Love? So I was reading the "Seal of Truth or Seal of Insight for Tanking?" thread and noticed lots of snarky, demeaning, and condescending words. Maybe they weren't meant that way, but as an outsider peering in that's what I saw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc&ob=av3e before anyone say "Mah keyz!," it's The Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love? Need Moar Hugs. Thanks and you're all welcome.Ancagalon0 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Draenei Paladins w/Charger FoS Are any of you still upset the whole issue got swept under the rug when they forced the Paladin Elekk on us without giving us the option to keep our charger when we did the quest?Alimony8 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 4.3 Ruined Healing for me. So I can't stand healing since this patch came out (which for me was about half an hour ago) I have been reading and watching everything about this patch for a while now and didn't think to much was going to change for me since they were adding in so much new content I didn't think that Blizzard was going to mess around with to much else. I have never been more wrong. Holy Radiance - This now has a cast time on it so it cannot be cast on the fly having been one of the only two instant cast healing spells that didn't need holy energy that a holy Palidan had. Not only is it no longer a instant cast but its not even a self cast anymore. The range on it has been nerfed, the number of people dropped and to top it all of the spell no longer is covered under Speed of Light. To make up for this I guess Infusion of Light now effects Holy Radiance but that doesn't really help as much as it should. They should have made it a instant cast under Infusion of Light so that it was a tad bit more helpful since this was the one and only true AoE healing spell that Palidan's had. Seal of Insight - Palidan's used to be able to avoid stacking huge amounts of spirit by using their judgement every once and a while. Now Judgments don't return 15% of mana and instead of just nerfing the number down to 10% or something somewhat reasonable they removed it entirely. I don't know about other Holy Palidans but I don't have a whole lot of time to be hitting the enemy with my auto attacks to recover mana. Judgments of the Pure - this now allows more mana regen through spirit during battle ... wish I had been stacking spirit for the past couple of months. Thank you Blizzard I'm going to have to find a new main now.Languard64 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Do you use mrrobot? (prot) I've been using mrrobot thinking it might know better than I (me?) how to reforge and gem, etc. to reach the CTC cap. He seems to be trying to stop me as if he works for Deathwing or some other evil entity. Just wondering do most of yall just do what you think is best or works best for you? (Vs. using mr.robot that is) Also wondering if yall reforge parry into dodge when you have insane amounts more of parry? I feel like it's the right thing to do, because it brings the two more to where I want them and according to the "check your CTC macro" it works. Just wanted to know what yall are doing to make sure, "I'm doing it right." Sorry about the improper punctuation, writing wasn't my strong suit in school. Thanks in advance.Ancagalon13 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 2H Sword Transmogrification Help I'm looking for a sword to Transmogrify my Season 11 2H sword into. I want it to match the season 11 gear. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.Scirøn15 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Profession for Holy Paladin What is a good profession or professions that will benefit my Holy Paladin?Stryper7 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 (PvE) Ret priorities with 2 pc T13? Hi folks, I've been invited to a raid later today, and while I know my dps at the moment is more than acceptable for the raids we'll be doing (Firelands/early DS, both on normal), I'd like to try and get an answer to this question so that I can min-max more effectively. With the 2 piece T13 bonus - that is, your judgements generate 1 holy power - where does Judgement move on the priority chart? As far as I can tell, I should now be judging on cooldown, as Templar's Verdict with 3 Holy Charges is my primary ability (correct me if I'm wrong there), behind of course making sure Inquisition is up - so logically speaking, being able to get Templars Verdicts off much faster due to the extra holy power seems like the ideal scenario. Of course, I could be wrong as I don't raid or group as ret very often - which is why I'm here. Thanks for any help! Jax Edit: judging behind Crusader Strike and only if I have less than 3 holy power, of course. :-)Jaximus13 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Prot Healing Just got thinking, figured I would ask people's opinions on it. I noticed prot has fairly weak heals through WoG. Not only do they not heal for very much, compared to say ret with cooldowns popped and sacred shield active, its also on a 20 second cooldown. Blizzard did this so we would only heal when we really needed it. Guarded by the light, we all know what it does, its only a 10% increase on the heal used on ourselves, any overheal is an absorb. But looking at the numbers our wogs are so weak it just doesn't seam very effective. Why not boost guarded by the light to 50% or even more? this would give us something that could be used strategically, either to prep for something incoming by placing a large absorb shield on ourselves, or in order to be used in a time where it would be most beneficial to get a heal. It would still be a 20 second cooldown, which i think sucks in current form, but we could have something that would make a difference when we chose to do it, since blizz didn't want us to think we needed to heal all the time, at least let us heal enough when is needed, that it matters. Sounds interesting to me at least.Seoinage9 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Gurth tentacle nerfed for ret. I mean it was broken, but I don't see how the extra proc chance was more OP then it stacking with DK mastery. I cant touch my unholy dk raid buddies. /sighLivenn11 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 First Prot pally Hi, this is my first pally I level, and I'm having a blast. Although, I feel overwhelmed with all the spells. I just hit 54 and there are way too many abilities for me to use. not even my other 85s are like this. Hammer of The Righteous, Crusader STrike, Hammer of Justice, Judgement, Rebuke, World of Glory, Shield of the Righteous, Single taunt, party member taunt, consecration, holy wrath, Avengers shield., Hammer of Wrath. And of course the damage reduction buff/shield, lay on hands and hand of protection. If abilities keep coming, I don't know how I'll manage level 85 XD Veletrix6 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Gurthalak sword issues Received the Gurthalak sword after hearing it was BIS for Rets. So I sacrifice the resil and the secondary stats vs the Ruthless sword and test it on the testing dummies. Over a 5 minute test the sword did not proc one time and no tentacles popped. If the proc rate is this low how can this be considered BIS or even a benefit over The Cata or Ruthless sword?Agincourt31 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Gurthalak(390) vs. Specimen Slicer(397) Seeing as Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps no longer procs off Censure with the hotfix, would it still be miles ahead of Experimental Specimen Slicer for dps?Tharius3 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Holy Shock Macro Help Hi, I'm looking to make 2 simple macros for holy shock, one that behaves strictly as a heal, and one that behaves strictly as an attack. Any idea how this can be done?Brynndolyn4 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Are we (Holy Pallies) going to get nerfed? :( I really hope not. Check out 25 man heroic rankings. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/hps/Revika4 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Retribution Paladin Arena Commentary Hey there, I made another ret paladin arena commentary this time of some three versus three games. I encourage you to check it out, and remember to glance at my channel if you like my stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSQgo-y02QkHotforms2 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 which trinkets for pvp ret? So my question is which trinkets am i better off using for pvp as ret, Should i be stacking 2 resilience trinkets, or should i be throwing in a strength trinket instead!?!? is it ok too lose that much resilience dropping one of the pvp trinkets !?Churchills1 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Lightsaber transmog dilemma so, my tank set is almost full Lawbringer, with Lightbringer shoulders, and helm, and the shield from Shattered Sun rep. (ill post in my tank set later once I log in/out) I would like to use Blade of Wizardry but its Main Hand, compared to One Hand (using LFR Souldrinker) The other red lightsaber is Teebu's Blazing Longsword, so not really that easily farmed. I want to use a lightsaber esque sword to go with my set, but having no luck finding one that matches. Argent Avenger while awesome on its on, doesn't gelDuskdagger2 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Inquisition ? Hey Guys, I Got Inquisition tomorrow and a Have 2 Question about it; First, Wich spell will benefit of this 30% ? Every Spell, or just magic One as exorcism? Second, I Would like to know If I need to priorise it over Templar Verdict? Or just when It Pop ? I'm a bit lost about it, Thanks Guys, and sorry about my English :)Kedelav4 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Starting my holy spec....help? I chose holy as my other spec a long time ago, but I haven't really done anything with it. I need gear desperately and advice on stats and rotation. I have some seen some insanely good pally healers. I've been told it's more of a single target tank healz. Is that right? This is my first tank and I haven't done any healing to speak of so it's all new to me. I love this character but tanking is draining because people are so unpleasent anymore. I had almost stopped playing her altogether. Not sure if going healz will be any better. Any advice for holy or prot and how you guys deal with all the yelling and meanness when it happens. This game can be very stressful, I'm just thankful to be in cata dungeons finally that I know very well. I'm a cata baby, so I leveled her almost exclusively by questing, I was terrified to tank dungeons, not because of my ability but because I didn't know my way around the dungeons.Clëopatra6 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 prot advice Hi guys, this is my 4th 85 alt n had been on the back burner since zuls opened up. Got rather lucky in 2weeks of lfr. I know boots need to be replaced. My question is on gemming mainly should I switch my mastery yellows in favor of greens and is extra avoidance or gemming for stamina better? Any constructive criticism will be greatly appriciated.Joeninjadin8 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Holy - Having mana issues I've been playing a priest as my main lately, and I've been really comfortable with output and regen. But I've been having a hell of a time on this pally. I expected it to be much less of an issue when I reached this ilvl. Just healed LFR, held 19k on Madness, with 12% overhealing. I went oom on every platform, usually right before I needed a decent mana pool the most. I throw up Divine Plea when it's quiet, but it's not nearly enough. I holy shock on cooldown, WoG or LoD at three HP depending on which is needed most, rarely FoL unless absolutely necessary, and I try to be careful with HR. I think it's HR that's getting me, but I can't NOT cast it. And, of course, I keep JotP up. Just can't find that right balance, hoping you folks had some ideas. I'm not complaining; I really enjoy this class, I just feel like I'm missing something. As for the gear, I know i'm missing arcanums and i still have this god-awful helm because Well of Eternity isn't cooperating (VP helm next week, though). Enchants may also be a little off - I've been experimenting with them, trying to solve this problem... in all likelihood making it worse >.<Tyg6 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 ok fellow pallys how is this good bad or just plane ugly sorry dont know how to link yetGrasher0 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Paladin T13 A Great Addition! The paladin T13 2set bonus has made playing this class so much fun. I love it CS, Judge, Cs, TV just so much better than before I love it. Thanks BlizzLifelike20 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 2's Holy Question I am currently running 2's with an Arms Warrior or an Unholy DK and I'm encountering issues against Rogue/Feral and double Mage. My biggest issue is sitting inside a cyclone watching the warrior die. I was thinking about regearing towards haste instead of spirit/crit. Mostly I'm just new to the 1700 club and I need some more advanced stratagies and tips so I can break 1750 and works towards 2200. This is my first season as a Paladin.Milfncookies5 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Kings vs Might Wasn't the rule Kings if there'sno druid? 9x out of 10 the pallies I get give Might over Kings, even if there's no other pally or druid. What changed? Is the extra 10% attack power (going only to the active melee'rs) worth taking the int and spirit away from the healer?Hysteríc15 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Seal of Draining. I propose a new seal idea for Mists of Pandaria. It would be called Seal of Draining Seal of Draining Cost 12% of mana Drains the target of 1.2% of their maximum health (also drains 4% of targets maximum mana) and returns 2.4% of the paladins maximum health. Judging this spell causes X amount of damage. Good or bad?Bênge4 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Do I have too much mastery? (Prot) Hey guys, I'm at 102.05 CTC unbuffed. 102.3 w/ kings I mainly run 10mans in DS atm, do I need to start gemming into stam instead of mastery? The reason I ask is whenever anything procs now... I'm way over block cap (which I guess isn't a bad thing) Any advice at this point would be helpful, just trying to become the strongest tank I can for my guild. Minus the fact that epic gems on my server are ridiculous. Thanks!Xylene2 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 judgement macro for Madness of DW I'd like to make a judgement macro for madness of deathwing so when I use my CDs on the corruption tentacle I can keep my Censure DoT on the arm/wing tentacle at the same time. I was thinking of doing a focus / judgement macro but then for each platform I have to focus target each time. Is there a way I can combine the DW limb tentacle targets into 1 macro? Arm tentacles and wing tentacles. Monara3 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Should I get the Crit PvP Trinket? I have 4.5k Resilience and I think it's too much and next week I will have more and I was thinking if I should get the Crit PvP Trinket and reforge the crit into Mastery see if I could do much better in the offensive way. What do you guys think?Wadushodu2 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 LVL 50 prot pally Looking for free gear to help me start tanking again i have spaulders but nothing else after an account hack they got my character back but couldnt retrieve my gear.....please help......char name LovejuicePrtygrnbuds0 Jan 4, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 Holy paladin pvp stats Is it better for me to get gear with crit or spirit? Do holy paladins go for the spell pen cap?? What should I gem resil or int or an equal amount of both?Zorbing1 Jan 4, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 Is Haste better than Mastery for 10 man? I have a ilvl 388 hpally. I usually raid with my guild for 10 man DS. One of the healers that I always come with is a restro druid who's geared for Haste. Some people say that Haste healer / Mastery healer is a good combination. I see that Haste is better for HPS and Mastery is better for HPM. Some other people say that Mastery is better for 25 man. So, what's better for 10 man? Right now, I have 6459 Int, 2701 Spirit, 16.66 Mastery and 1240 Haste (9.68%). If I reforge to Haste, I'd have about 1800 Haste and about 11 Mastery. Most of the times I don't worry about slower casting since I'm mastery but I'd like to output better HPS and maybe to compsenate for my lag.... since my latency is 150-170 ms.Sujji4 Jan 4, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 Which PvE items?Trink/2piece/Gurthalak? So i have the 880 str passive trink, the LFR Gurthalak and will get a DW kill soon, so possibly the normal version of Gurthalak and obviously 2 piece tier gear. I think having 2 out of those 3 is ok and will put me at around 3800 resil. Question is which 2? Tier pieces + wep? PvP wep + tier pieces + trink? PvP wep + pve trink only?Jivot4 Jan 4, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 When should ret use cons? Iv played paladin as my main forever, but i quit right before cata came back and i learned the changes but i dont really understand when to do cons since it costs so much to cast, any thoughts or advice would be great!Punkbusta10 Jan 4, 2012