Feb 23, 2012 Weapon Chant VS chain I have been thinking about replacing Landslide with the weapon chain. Every RBG team now runs with a rogue and a warrior and I am always disarmed, especially during critical times like during burst races on a flag carrier. Does anyone else do this or is this a bad idea? I am speaking strictly for RBGs, but arena opinions are welcome as well :)Makkir5 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 PROT / RET and AGILITY ??? Ok been in this debate forever ... I have been told that I should be also Stacking Agility as well.... I do not agree with this. And when I do use the Flask of the Winds.. My Hit rating goes up past the cap limit giving me diminished returns.... then im told the diminished returns will not effect over all DPS. Can anyone finish this debate for me ?Ûbiquitous34 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 I have a problem... My name is Ðaedalus and I'm addicted to mana regeneration. Just last night I hit an all-time low of 7175 combat regen, and now I can spam Holy Radiance more than ever. I have a serious problem and it's alienating me from my other healers. Also, Dragon Soul trinkets don't exist on 10 man.Ðaedalus7 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Ret pally mana question How much mana should my level 85 ret pally have ?Sachemsteve9 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Divine Purpose: useless in MoP? In its current incarnation, Divine Purpose procs from 6 different abilities, including abilities that build HP, consume HP, and abilities that neither consume nor build HP: - Judgement (neither) - Exorcism (neither) - Templar's Verdict (consumes) - Divine Storm (builds) - Inquisition (consumes) - Holy Wrath (neither) - Hammer of Wrath (neither) In Mop, DP is slated to be a 5th Tier Talent open to all three specs, but it only procs from abilities that consume Holy Power. In practice that will be: TV, Divine Storm and Inquisition for Ret. WoG, Sacred Shield, Shield of the Righteous for Prot. Wog, Sacred Shield/Eternal Flame, Light of Dawn for Holy. That's only three abilities per spec, and since they are all necessarily HP consuming abilities, we only get a chance at a proc when we have 3HP to burn which occurs usually every 4-5 global cooldowns. By comparison, currently for Ret, about every second abilty we use has a chance to proc Divine Durpose, not just our HP consuming abilities, which is more than double the number of opportunities of the MoP version of this ability. With out it proc'ing from a larger variety of abilities like it does now it will proc far less often than it does now and greatly reduce its value Divine Purpose would be far more attractive if it proc'ed off all abilities that grant HP and all abilities that consume HP: CS, Judgement, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath, TV, Divine Storm and Inquisition for Ret CS, Judgement, Avenger's Shield, WoG, Sacred Shield, Shield of the Righteous for Prot Holy Shock, Holy Radiance, Sacred Shield/Eternal Flame, WoG, Light of Dawn for Holy in its current proposed form, DP in MoP will never be a viable choice against the other two 5th Tier talents, Holy Avenger and Avenging Wrath.Alnair11 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 help this fail raid pally (ret) check my armory. i know my gems arent epic and my enchants arent pro. but how is everything else so far??Cantbtouched7 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Another gurth post So I currently have lfr gurth and the proc is once or twice during a boss fight (I have been keeping track) so if the cudgel drops of blackhorn (397) would it increase my dps? Thats if I reforge the haste into mastery....Cantbtouched2 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 problems with my ret pally Greetings, I am having issues such as people saying, "use Blessings of Might" or "don't you have inquisition?" To put it simply no. I don't know if it is a game error or not but I don't have these I don't have: Inquisition Avenging Wrath Censure Judgement of Truth, Crusader Aura, Or BoM Can anyone tell me why or if they have had this issue. I'm a lowly lvl 45 btw :)Corymchenry43 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Is it possible to tank heroics in ret spec? With tank gear? Happybear6 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Ret pally is the worst spec i've ever played. Edit: Ok so I just hit 85 and it has gotten way better. I'm pulling 15-17k on bosses in heroic dungeons, and my procs proc a TON, and for all the people who have been saying that I don't know anything or how to play my class at all, I want to give you my priorites/rotation. 1. Inqu up at all times. 2. Exorcism with art of war 3. Templar's Verdict (3 holy power/proc) 4. Crusader's Strike 5. Judgement 6. Holy Wrath CD's used on every boss encounter too, of course. I'm not a clicker, i'm a very experienced raider, and if you don't believe me, check out some of my mains: Talfurion, 85 night elf hunter (echo isles) Shahram, 85 night elf warrior (darkspear) I might have my SMF spec up, but that's because i wanted to test it out for fun. Also, check THIS guy's WotLK raiding out. I raided naxxramas alot during the launch. And those are my 2 main characters, the rest i've either stopped playing or just don't care about.Garhand74 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 What to buy next? Just got back up to 2200 valor, what should I buy next? Not really sure what would be best to buy atm lolSyronite6 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Quick macro for judge tank target w/o... ...switching your own? I'm sure it's a common thing to do. TIAGhatok2 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Paladin's jipped on heirlooms Once upon a time I leveled a paladin. It wasn't too difficult. I'm no leveling guru, but I still got 1-85 in about a month or so, while still playing my 85 priest. I also leveled a rogue. It's terribly true that leveling a rogue is just, in most cases, nice and easy. It was even nicer with a full, head to toe, boa heirloom set. This is especially true for any dps class in comparison to leveling a healer. I could spend a month, or several, leveling another Holy Paladin while just about any dps can do it in half the time. Questing as a heals spec isn't entirely difficult for say 10-68, but it's still twice as time consuming as any dps. This leaves us to grinding the dungeon finder. The results of this? I find that people who have been healing since level 10-85, and didn't spend much time in a secondary spec, adjust to level 85 healing much faster than say a ret or spriest that just leveled then switched. Why then, if it takes us longer to level as a healing spec, are our Holy Paladins denied a healing chest and helmet? And eve the only shoulders available are resilience ones. I've heard the arguement that "only one class would find it useful". Take the heirloom mail intellect set. Only a shaman could fully use that, and a druid would benefit until level 40, when they become mail heirlooms. Sure, I can throw on the mail boas to level another Holy Paladin, but when level 50 comes, I'm denied my Armor Specialization buff, and there by stats which would help level. If I replace those heirlooms with plate pieces, I lose the exp buff that makes leveling a healer just a little less of a grind. Is it too much to ask for a full caster plate set?Painpills10 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Holy Prism, what do you think? This seems like a bread and butter talent for 5-man farming and soloing. For Holy: Execution Sentence is a tank healing tool and Light's Hammer is a raid healing tool, so depending on which role i am assigned to i would pick one of those two. But for 5-man farming i would just use holy prism because of its easy versatility. For Retribution: Execution Sentence for Raid bosses, but again in 5-man farming and soloing Holy prism offers easy versatility and function. For Prot: Obviously Execution sentence for most raiding situations as well, but for day-to-day utility i would want my handy little 20 second cooldown/threat building/damage dealing/ally healing utility.Alnair6 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 One thing I always wanted for paladins... Flashing Auras! We had them in WC3 and I want them in WoW, like a priest's Chakra. Maybe instead of having them active all the time, have them go off when we use WoG or judgement. Maybe then that Pally in your LFG will realize hes been using Crusader the whole time.Antanis13 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 What heirloom wep should I get? What weapon is best for leveling a tank?Frankfert3 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Simple Tanking Trinket Question? Sorry in advance for not knowing how to link items on the forums. As you can see from my armory I haven't had much luck tank gear drops, especially trinkets. See alot of drops but usually some dps outrolls me for it :(. But was wondering what trinket I should use between these 3. My choice atm are Varo'then's Brooch, Impatience of Youth, & Mirror of Broken Images. I'm honestly still hoping one drops because spending so many TB commendations would suck.Dynamight4 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Should I reforge crit to mastery for pvp? Hey guys, I need to know for reforging my gear after my 5% hit wether to go crit or mastery. and why. thanksJediguy8 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Ret pally basics, what are they for pvp? 5% hit- got it! Expertise???- What should that be at? Haste????----- ^ Crit > Mastery or Crit < Mastery???? need some help. thank you =] Jediguy4 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Ret vs. Ret Duels I was just curious how everybody approaches fighting other ret paladins 1v1. I usually look at it as whoever manages to burst the other down faster kinda like how stealth duels depend on who catches the other person first. I want a second oppinion though. Anybody have a more technical strat than "HIT HIM HARDER THAN HE'S HITTING YOU!" PS: Competent Ret vs Competent Ret inb4 'lolz 1v1.'Ferzulz7 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 New Paladin I want to create a paladin but first i want to know what horde race would be best for the retribution tree. Also is the paladin more fun to play as then the warrior?.Bornan28 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Solo EoE-10 as Ret or Prot? I've seen a few videos with Ret Paladins being able to solo Malygos on 10-man setting, but it looks like a major PITA. How would Prot do in there? Would greatly appreciate any advice/tips from other Paladins who solo'd that place.Tikaru2 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Help complete my transmog set! I have all the pieces (gloves just got, armory may not have updated yet) for my set. Except the cape. Does anyone know any capes that would match nicely with my set? Thanks :DAndarin1 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 A question for holy pallies So I respecced holy a few days ago, and I have to say, I'm loving it. However I am having a few issues when it comes to periods of heavy AoE dmg in 5 mans. I can't seem to keep everyone up. Holy Radiance doesn't quite seem to cut it, and that big beam thing (yes I know I'm a noob cause I can't remember the name -_-) can't really seem to pick up the slack. Now, yes I know my gear sucks, as I only started a few days ago. But if someone had any tips for staying on top of heals when big AoE dmg comes along, I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone :)Velvina8 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 can i get some encouragement? im kinda just derping my way along healing on this guy and im starting to hit that wall where its taking forever to level up and its so boring...anyway, im kinda just wondering how fun/good holy will be as a pvp spec at 85? i mostly made this guy cause i saw that holy pallys can pump out some of the HUGE heals and it looked like fun. just leave any tips or thoughts for me if u wantTeeheelol5 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Holy PVP trinkets I'm just wondering what trinkets I should use for arenas as holy. I know the trinket off of spine is a good choice but besides that what is a good secondary trinket?Deshix3 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Useful Addons? (Pvp and Pve) What are some useful addons that you use for your pally? The addons im searching for are addons that will help with Ret and Holy play. Addons such as trackers for Inquisition or whatever. Basically, what addons are there that are good. Thanks :DAndarin4 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Avenger's Shield Damage, what kind of shield? I'm sorry for being a noob but i have to ask what shield stat increases the damage of AS? is tit the armor rating, or do you just get the increase of the str bonus or what? what kind of shield do i use to increase the damage of my AS? plz help!! Silverathena of the exodar.Silverathena11 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 LFR gurth Vs Exp slicer (397) title says it all... we run with a blood dk who is also gonna need the slicer but wouldnt it do more dps for me than the LFR gurth?Edasurc4 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Ret DK 2v2 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Transmog Help SO im trying to build a transmog armor set that looks like Uther's armor in the Culling of Strat, the Halls of Reflection, etc. So far the only thing ive bean able to find are the shoulders. Anyone know if its even possible to get the other pieces?Beleran0 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 what race? Simple question that really doesn't mean anything but what race do u think makes the best paladins and why? I think humans are the best palys since we look the ebst, we are the original paldins (good old uther) and the human racials realy help, like every man for themselves saves us a trinket slot and the human spirit is very helpful for holy palys.Maxibonbits51 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 10man DS Healing So it's been a long time since I've healed anything as Holy......prolly BC. Just wondering if were still stacking Haste over Mastery (which I do) and also is it Crit > Mastery. Ive healed our alt 10man a few times and I seem to be out healed by our shamans. Now for healing rotations I normally use: Holy Light(sitting at 2sec cast) w/ Holy Shock - Single target people Holy Radiance - Anytime we stack for boss's or AoE adds. Light of Dawn - 3 Holy power are up. Divine Light - Heavy Dmg single target ppl. Seems though when I look at logs is that Pallies are just spamming Holy Radiance. Just looking for some suggestions / comments. I feel my gear is fine with the exception of trinkets / shieldBizzerd4 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Tier 12 vs Tier 13 LFR Ask Mr Robot is a good resource for finding upgrades and tweaking gear etc, but it's giving me some questionable info as far as healing gear. Now I just hit 85 really recently and was using Ask Mr Robot for some gear upgrades. It's valuing the Tier 12 set bonus way above the Tier 13 LFR stuff. I was always under the impression that higher ilvl = better so is AMR wrong here?Holytwip6 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Transmog Hey, i'm looking to get a good transmog set done. i like my shield and sword, so i'm specifically looking for gold / green pieces to match it. Is there a place to look up matching items? if not, anyone have ideas? Tier 6 works decent, but then the only green aspects of the set are on the weapon shield. (aegis of the sunbird / talon of azshara)Myzerie3 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Need HELP with Build and Gear (PVE leveling) Hello everyone. I just recently came back to wow after a long break and I decided to give Paladin a go. I've played a Paladin a LONG time ago to around lvl 30 (?) but I don't remember a thing about it, plus I know a lot has changed. I'm wondering on what spec and build I should go for solo quest leveling, also which gear should I be using? (one handed + Shield? Two handed?) I really appreciate the help!Karmen6 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 How are holy/prot pallys in pve? how do they stack up against other classes, thinking of rolling one. thanks!Cameltötem9 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 How is Ret pally pvp this patch? i was wondering if it was any fun/decent for pvp this patch. Nothing to serious just messing around with friends in bg'sKleborp13 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Power Word: Shield needs a new graphic... One of the most powerful shield abilities looks exactly like one of the more boring shield spells...but what am I talking about? I'm talking about PW: shield of course! You're fighting your battle opponent and attempting to crush his [Chaos Orb]s when he suddenly becomes that Divine Shield? NO! Its Power Word: SHIELD! Can you kill him? Maybe! I know what your thinking....Its hard to tell the difference between one of the strongest and impenetrable bubbles and all those other bubbles! ... but its not! A deathknight's bubble is green (unless your color blind, then its...still green but you can't see that). A mage and warlock's bubble is blue or purple (stylish!). but...what about Priests and Paladins? Its so simple, if you attack them and you see "Immune" that's plain old Divine shield and you can take a nap, but if you see "Absorb", then that is PW:Shield and you need to hit that with everything you got! In all seriousness folks Paladin's Divine Shield needs something like it was in Warcraft 3 (you mean Wrath of the Lich King? Ah Bells no, I mean frozen throne!) A perfectly Spherical Holy-Runed Bubble of awesome. Antanis2 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 A change to the MOP Divine Storm model The new AOE rotation for MoP seems a little boring to me. A thread over in the MoP forums got me thinking it would be cool if divine storm was changed to do X damage a second per charge of holy power used. That amazing animation gets a little more use ; ) and there would be more of difference between the the HP generator and finisher. Thoughts? Criticisms?Addessa5 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 ret pvp - full cata or 2 piece raid finder? So on my first ever DS raid finder run I won helm and pants (lucky me lol). Is the loss in resil (4800 to 4000) worth the extra HP gen from the bonus? Havent really been able to try it out cept in bgs and I definitely felt squishier.Bubbatron13 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Acts of Sacrifice Looking at my spec, wondering what I could lose to get my points in AoS, seeing as Cleanse can then be reserved for me and Hand of Freedom for allies. Any thoughts?Rhydun3 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Ret pallies and triple DPS comps. Ok guys good news! I got two guildies (husband and wife, very friendly and skilled) that are wanted to do arenas with me. The wife plays a sub rogue and the husband plays a DK. Well he plays a shaman but he wants all of his achievements on his DK. So I just smiled and said "Triple DPS!" So while they gear, I am wondering how exactly does this comp work? What are some of it's weaknesses? I am going Last Word spec for this one, just checking to make sure that is right. Finally... I haven't lead anything since wrath. I am looking forward to this. I am thinking of pointing them to skillcap and do twos, and threes so we can learn to work together.Bàneslayer6 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Heroic DS: Haste into Mastery? I've been talking to a number of paladins both on my server and off debating if a heavy mastery build(Reforging Haste/Crit -> Mastery) would be viable after hitting 777 haste. I could see this being useful in a 25m scene considering, in most cases, were either focused on healing tank or rotating HS/HR for raid heals. What is everyone thoughts on the matter?Àscension7 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Season 6 What's a good weapon to transmog for this set? 2hNaenu5 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 PVP question Hello to all paladins, To begin, I came back two weeks after a long break and I need to get used to resilience, arena, new pvp system and stuff...I read some informations about the paladins but I'm wondering some questions : 1- Is it absolutely needed to play with keybinds to be good in arena and rbg? 2- What seal do I need to use the most for rbg and arena? 3- What is the best way to get ready for arena and what teammate should i get? 4- When should I pop my cd because I'm still wondering when to burst them to be able to burst correctly? 5- How can I pvp properly against frost mages and rogues...I got few problems and what should I use and do? 6- Are my gears ok and is my spec fine for rbg or arena ? By the way, I have not pvped in some years and I would need some help from experienced pvp ret players since I see too much stuffs changed and I'm really lost. Thanks in advance, (Sorry if my english isn't very good)Faradramir3 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Tank DPS question So I have been toying around with stats and such and am having some issues deciding what is best. I'm at around 94% on CTC. I know 102 is the Target but I feel like I am sacrificing DPS/threat by focusing on avoidance so much. My question is this; How important is tank DPS in raids? My main spec is holy and I run LFR frequently. When I see tanks doing high DPS it makes me a bit apprehensive to try tanking a raid because I don't want to be an ancor when it comes to DPS. I have no trouble staying alive with most healers so should I stay with aiming at the CTC cap or bring that down a bit to increase my DPS?Xerrxes3 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Need help! Ret PVPer! Thx! Hello, I usually play a DW Frost DK , and while playing Ret PVP there is often a pretty long wait time between Crusader Strikes, I was wondering if anyone else feels the same?? I was also wondering if Haste would speed up my GCD right now I'm all Mastery/Crit. Thx for ur time!! just a little background so u understand where I'm coming from: rotation is CS - Judgement - filler - filler; inquisition as often as I can, I use this as often as i can also #showtooltip Zealotry /cast Zealotry /cast Avenging Wrath /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings Eldry7 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Gurth proc rate super nerf? Got Gurth today, tested it on Ultraxion...didn't get a single proc and neither did another ret paladin who had it. The warrior got 200k damage worth. Wtf?Alcsair20 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Paladins should be able to be Night Elf Its no major issue, but we should be able to be night elf for a few reasons. One being that horde originally had shamans, alliance had paladins. Then we each got the other class. Now, Alliance has three races that can be paladin, Human, Dwarf, and Draenei. Alliance has two races that can be shaman, Draenei, and Dwarf. Horde on the other hand has four races that can be shaman, Orc, Troll, Tauren, and Goblin. They also have two races for paladin, Tauren, and Blood elf. It would only be fair that alliance should get one more race for paladin. Now the Reason I would choose night elf is because they make the most sense of all the remaining alliance races to be paladins. After all, aren't night elves protectors of the earth? They are pretty much the singular race in Warcraft that has always been the center of earths defenses against evil... It really isnt that far fetched. And just one more thing for blizz, It is another way for you to make some $(not that you need anymore) Race change FTW. Harveydent79 Feb 20, 2012