Feb 11, 2012 PvP Holy help? Allright guys, I had a few questions dealing with healing in PvP. 1) Is it allright to keep beacon on myself for the majority of the time? I really prefer to keep it on myself so i don't have to worry much about healing myself, it makes it easier for me to switch targets without worrying about if i'm going to die. 2) I go OOM pretty often in a battleground setting. Should I be stacking more spirit? Or is this pretty normal for bg's? Thanks.Alysona11 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 leveling as holy Hi, I am leveling a second paladin as holy mostly through dungeon finder. Since there is no BoA plate with intellect on it I was wondering if it would be better after 50 to take the hit from plate specialization and keep the mail BoAs on for experience bonus or take the mishmash of greens and blues and get less experience. Essentially will I still be okay to heal dungeons until the mid 70s or so with my mail BoAs on. Thanks.Winnifred1 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Advice 1v1ing rogue everytime its just me and them in arena , i destroy them, they gouge stealth, open, blind stealth open they just keep me cc'd and eventually where me down, any strategies?Bassex4 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 hey guys, whats wrong my gear and spec? some noob was trying to tell me my gear and talents were all wrong for ret pvp. im not seeing the problem tho. i followed everything my braile guide to ret pvp said. maybe you can help me out and let me know if you can spot any areas i might be able to improve.Frontwedgie4 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 What Gloves Are Best..? I'm not sure what to buy with my VP anymore.. Is it worth upgrading my current gloves Handguards of Radiant Glory to Gauntlets of Feathery Blows?.. But this means I will also lose my 4 set bonus. Any advice? Thanks!Blamed2 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Ret PVP question OK guys going back to Ret Pvp since Prot got nerf batted. Is Divine Storm not a viable talent now? I've seen it skipped in the talent tree by many Rets. Why is this and what should my rotation be?Tankhealplz7 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Alt Spec setting up my palaidn alt for his offspec.. im holy for pvp idk if i should go holy for pve or prot for pve.. i have half a prot set made up allready so it would be more easy to go prot but what do you think is more fun in general? to heal or tank.Amptix2 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Ret Paladin BiS Weapons As far as weapons go for Ret, is Raid Finder Gurthalak better than any of the normal 397 weapons? And is Normal Gurthalak better than the 410 weapons?Lolret22 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Holy Radiance Mana cost is up from 35% base to 40% someone explain to me why? why did they do that?Negima14 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Have holy palies been nerved again? I have better gear...the 4 piece 384 set bonus, 387 gear score, all enchanted and gemmed, reforged, yet my healing has deteriorated. When i was geared in blues and a couple of purples, my healing numbers were 4-6k higher than they are now in LFR...consistently! I couldn't sign on with my palie but his name is canopenerr on exodar server horde side. If it is a problem with my gear or setup, please let me know. If others have felt a nerf has occurred, please let me know as well so I don't feel like I should delete this alt.Vosmortis25 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Can I get an audit? Hello all, I have read up on the guide stickied at the top and done some research, read a lot of the forums where many things I've wondered come up, so now I'm coming before you all and asking to take a look at my gear and give your two cents. I just hit 85, and I acquired all this gear in the span of 48 hours, so bare with me. I know it isn't enchanted, I know I'm extremely over the expertise cap, and a bit over the hit cap. I used to use to kind of play with my numbers and get my stats juuust right, sadly he no longer runs it and I know of nothing that is similar. So do you all have any suggestions? Do you all know of something similar to or some of you might remember back in vanilla and bc the original character simulator thing... can't believe I just forgot the name of it. APPRECIATE YOUR TIME!Bragerminor9 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Ret paladin 3 sec Crusader Strike Possible? I feel like it would make ret a lot more linear. Thoughts?Supershield2 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Is ret the best for pvp? Hi. I been playing this pally for years but lost interest in him a year or so ago. Now I would like to play him more in pvp battle grounds and I am wondering if ret is the way to go. I have a geared 85 dk and he can never beat pallys so I would like to use this pally to beat horde blood dk's. Can someone please help me with gear and gem and refoges? Thanks, Mo.Moird22 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Rank BiS weapon for holy? Probably won't be getting down Heroic Madness in a while, so even though I'd prefer the Heroic Maw, I'll eventually have to decide between the Normal Maw (403) and Heroic Vagaries (410). Which is better for 10M? Leaning towards the Vagaries for the added INT + Spellpower.Fermaistaich11 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Ret Burndown macro My current burndown macro is: Zealotry Avenging Wrath On-use trinket Templar's Verdict So, if I get a divine proc and have the opportunity to use an extra TV will I get more DPS from that or should I add Inq to the end of the macro?Agincourt7 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 expertise cap when im about to start a boss fight and i open up my character sheet. what should my expertise say?Edasurc4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Aura Mastery in PVE I trying to justify aura mastery in PVE I assume it's most often used to super charge Resistance Aura right as a boss is about to start raid wide a shadow/fire/frost AoE attack? When specifically are you guys using Aura Mastery in pve in current content?Alnair7 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Need serious advice - Help Fellow WoWers, I'm lost and can't decide whether i level Warrior or Paladin. I know they both have their ups and downs in PvP and PvE. But what i'm asking is which one is good at given roles. Tanking for PvP Paladin or Warrior? Tanking for PvE Paladin or Warrior? DPS for PvP Paladin or Warrior? DPS for PvE Paladin or Warrior? To some my question might seem noobish but i'm asking you this cuz i really need to know and imo there is no stupid question. Thanks in advance :)Ðrk6 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Mana efficiency PvP I was wondering if there are any little tips/tricks/advice on keeping your mana up while healing in PvP, most preferably BGs/RBGs. I sometimes tend to run low healing multiple people but that may be a given as well. I appreciate it!Belovedhart3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Question about tanks shoulders Hello, I have both of the following shoulders on my pally. Ask Mr. Robot ranks the Brackenshells over the set shoulders. I was wondering what your opinion is? I like the added strength and more avoidance over expertise with the Brackenshells, but the missing gem slot is annoying. Which would you use?Odlum4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Paladins against mages... Is it even possible to beat a mage as a fully geared ret pally? I mean... I have dueled geared mages, come across mages in world PvP and have rarely won and was forced to use LoH. Is there any way to counter mages as a ret? Any tips much appreciated.Deathvodka22 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Who's healing tanks now? That Pallies do nothing but spend an entire fight trying to line themselves up behind as many raid members as possible to AOE spray heal them to the top of the meters? I've checked recount on numerous PuGs to see if the Pally(s) even used one of their single target heals at all, and the vast majority of cases you could count on 4 fingers the number of times the Pally single target healed during a fight. Armann6 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Retribution DPS Question I've already taken the time to learn Retribution Rotations on a dummy in my current tank/DPS frankensteined set maintaining 17.5k stable DPS... But my real question is once im fully 380ish ilvl DPS geared gemmed enchanted etc etc. What kind of Numbers SHOULD i be pulling as Ret? (ive used search function and couldn't find an answer)Yklagor13 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 healadin stats? hey guys, i'm racking up honor on my ret pally to get a full set of holy gear. i'm wondering whether to take the +spirit relic/shield or +crit. not really sure which is more important for pvp healing so i'd like to hear from you guys. thanks!Arkhammer3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Paladin healers So I might be healing once my paladin gets to 85 but recently (37 seconds ago) my friend said this "They will always give the heal spots to priests or shammys or druids over a Pally" is this true? :SMoruki15 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Aura mastery When used with concentration aura, do all your party members recieve silence immune making this spell more valuable than the priest version of this?Arimo5 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Ret Mastery vs Crit 3's I'm doing 3's Holy Pally, Ret, Frost Dk. And was wondering what is better for this comp, mastery or Crit? CheersWingsofwrath15 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 ilvl 410 Relic? Hi, I'm wondering if there is a heroic relic for us paladins. I didn't see a relic drop from any of the Dragon Soul bosses. Thanks.Nerda8 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Mana Burn Why is mana burn still in the game? Blizzard removed mana drain, and the hunter mana drain shot. Yes, I know that people will say it is because if lore but that cannot be the only answer. Yes, you can interrupt the cast but the CD on interrupt is 10 sec. You can only reset the spell time for 8 seconds. That mean you will get 1 out of every two casts with it. So, without taking into account spirit and if the mana pools of the pally and priest are equal then it will only take 10 spell casts to empty the pallies mana pool. Yes, I know it is more complicated then that but how can another healer have that much of an advantage over another one. Also a priest can dispel a pallies bubble. I am just making a case why a priest has too much of an advantage over a pally in PvP.Freedbygrace43 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Xrealm Rated BGs, a big blow to ret Ret was never optimal for RBGs but our team was pushing 2300 and i was feeling fine about the spec. Because of Xrealm BG teams we faced multiple teams tonight that three healed, and brought 5 casters with cunning of the cruel as well as the legendary staffs. I'm not one to complain about these items generally, but it really hurts teams that are from active pvp guilds trying to play with their guild group. The other teams are built from people spamming Battleground forums, LF Legendary Staff/Cunning of the Cruel caster DPS. Xrealm makes it possible to cherry pick all of the most OP casters with PVE gear. Kinda seems like a mistake as this would be rather rare except at the highest levels to face teams with 3-4 legendaries and 3-4 Cunning trinkets. Makes Ret all the more useless in Rateds. I can't even wear 2pc like usual bc lolresil. Several teams we played simply did near unhealable damage.Sparklefist8 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 WTB Undead Pallies Pallies are by far the easiest class to CC Blizzard should either make Undead pallies or give pallies some move similar to tremor totem. Whats your guys thoughts?Bánkai8 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 weapon types once I hit 85? Once I hit 85 and start running heroics, and maybe eventually raid, what type of weapon(s) will I probably end up using to tank? (swords, maces, axes?) On a side note, for my Ret spec, what am I most likely to see? I've been looking for some decent weapons to match my armor, but I wasn't sure what type to look for... I've found a sweet purple sword to match this set that I'm working on getting (damn drop rates) and I already have a sweet red one to match the red & gold armor set I'm collecting, but if I need maces or something, I'll need to start looking for one of those...Lindisty7 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 I have a few questions I have read the sticky at the top of the page, and have a few questions: Please disregard my gear its my pvp set, its horribly gemmed and enchanted. 1) Is there a point when mastery becomes better than haste ever? Or is that just a misunderstanding on my part? 2) Is the badge trinket worth it? it seems very lackluster to me, i am currently using Fiery Quintessence and Seal of the Seven SignsKobebeef4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Valor Points Question I was looking around and maybe it's here and I didn't look hard enough but I just got enough to buy my first item, is there any item I should get first just because it's harder to get later? Or just buy what item I am lacking in the most (trinket right now). Thank you and if there is a thread to look at sorry.Ethret5 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Raiding help please so currently im raiding ret and im figuring out my base stats. without looking at my gear can you tell me if my stats are fine. im worried about my expertise currently. im at 7 but im at 17 when i use Seal of Truth....Edasurc1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Trinket choice So, fellow paladins, I currently have three trinkets, Bone-Link Fetish, Creche of the Final Dragon and Varo'then's Brooch. I also have enough VP to buy Rotting Skull. I'm wondering which two I should be using since I have no clue. :3Reti2 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 So...what now? With a few lucky drops in LFR I was finally able to hit avoidance cap. However now that I have, I am not positive of what my goals are. Am I correct to assume that right now I focus on stamina while still making the 102.4 avoidance, or something as abstract as hit/expertise to improve my threat? Following with that, are there any mods that assist with gemming / reforging and still keep the avoidance cap? It's a bit annoying to buy X Gem or reforge choice just to find its a bit too much and have to respend to reaadjust. Any help would be appreciated.Stronghorn4 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Hit Cap for Prot I'm not sure if I should be striving for the melee hit cap (8%) or not. I am finding Prot Paladins in higher end guilds only have 2% at the most. Could someone clear this up for me? Thanks.Dragonette6 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Retired ret pally coming back into the fold.. Played ret from late vanilla through the start of cata. I've been prot since then. Just would ask a veteran retadin to take a quick look over my gear. Also I have the raid finder 2h sword off Madness, if that's an upgrade. Did some preliminary testing on a dummy and Ataraxis seems to be about 1k higher (Don't know if this is due to lucky DP procs or what.) Besides the enchants, whats missing? And is it normal for there to be pauses in the rotation? Oh! and is consecration worth using? TL:DR, Check mah gears please.Thorrin5 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Leveling + PvP + Prot With the removal of Vengeance from PvP is there a point to playing Prot in battlegrounds anymore? I have tried off and on with almost every bracket to be Prot but I don't have anywhere near enough damage to be remotely viable anymore. Granted, I am aware that I am not built for damage output but rather survivability but I used to have both (more or less). Oddly enough, I have almost as much health as Ret and can kill almost anyone with a single thee-holy power Templar's Verdict or Crusader Strike in some cases. TL:DR: Is it worth trying to play Prot in PvP while leveling (or at all) anymore?Aruzar3 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Gurthalak or H experimental speciman Like the title states im looking for my ret pally gurthalak or H experimental slicer. Which one would net me more dpsPankcake7 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 @Lobster2 I grow more and more jelly of your good standings with the paladins. Hopefully, i will have enough valor to get a new belt and get a rng drop next week for shoulders. All the meanwhile converting Justice to Honor to stack up for pvp gear as ret. Haven't even touched pvp on this toon since 70 =[ Rock those muttonchops!Rhydun5 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 @Lobster When I see you and your 2200/heroic gear I die a little inside. :(Terenar20 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Prot paladin - Some moar DPS. So, my other paladin is now a tank, I geared her from Holy main spec to Prot Mainspec in 4 days using LFR, Valor Points, Justice Points, and HoT heroics, and now she has a pretty decent set, DS ready, even tanked Zon'ozz, Yor'sahj, and Morchok on normal. And now she's CTC capped. So, obviously I need to get a lot more stam, reduce mastery as I gain parry/dodge while balancing CTC, but I have a question about something: Considering a few fights where avoidance really isn't that big of a deal, like Yor'sahj, how wrong would it be to use a DPS trinket like eye of unmaking and a weapon with Landslide or things like that, while maintaining CTC cap? I know extra damage isn't a bad thing, but is it worth the loss in extra stam and mitigation and such? My healers are really good and they didn't have any problems keeping me up. Maeltum2 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Prot pally help Ok, just a question for the other prot's out there. looking at my gear tell me if u think theres anything u think i should change, and why, and answer this. Im going for mastery over any other stat as i should but i am running into issues with the 397 gear being parry heavy and causing me to lose the nice zen area of me having my dodge and parry close as i can, the whole diminishing returns, however because I have high mastery and am trying to get away from the parry my total avoidance is sitting at 102.91, with just kings and mastery food. Now since im over the 102.4 cap should I just be content with what i have, and leave everything as is, or change stuff. Im thinking i have room for improvement just not sure where. Do i care that i have a 2.5 percent difference between dodge and parry since im avoidance capped anyways? Could I prob benifit from maybe getting a little more stam from gems and lowering my mastery some since I get raid buffs that will help me out with that? I want to be avoidance capped be4 i start stacking any stam. Am I going about this the wrong way. I thinking im doing good, but want to see if i can do better and figured you guys/gals can help me out. thank you for your time, input, and criticism.Canzz10 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Prot gear help needed My gear is decent and I think I've come to the end of the line finally on prot gear to buy with my VP. I plan on getting the 384 tier chest piece and crafting the BS bracers. So, the last piece I'm looking to buy is the gloves. I did some simming with Rawr and I'm wondering if I'm crazy or it's just wrong, but it shows Grimfist Crushers being better for me than Gauntlets of Feathery Blows. I know that the amount of mastery is very nice on the crushers, but I'm not sold. Any recommendations? My raiding extent will go no further than Raid Finder so really it's either 384 tier or my valor choices. Another side question: How good is the 4pc tier bonus? I'm not specced into DG and I suspect that's a huge error on my behalf. Is it worth going for if I'm using 384 tier?Malicia8 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Macro I don't even know if it's possible, but is there a macro that will cast judgment on Focus's target while maintaining current target or switching back? Is this even possible? I'm terribad at changing targets to judgeKelice15 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 trying to find out some info I am in need of some info as to where I can find the best in slot list for a pally tank...anyone that can help would be greatGrandkeesdel2 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Gems/Chants/etc. Ret Paladin PvP, What gems for what colors, what enchants on what, and where to buy any if possible, what belt buckle should i get, what weapon chain, what flasks, potions, and etc. whould i use?Vertify2 Feb 9, 2012