Paladin

Aug 25, 2011 Does paladin healing get better? Paladin healing just feels sluggish and boring these days. I healed all the way through Wotlk and I loved my paladin. It felt like the healing version of an arcane mage. Nowadays although the Arcane mage and Elemental shaman still feel fast and exciting, the paladin just feels like I'm operating a road roller made out of paper, slow and not powerful at all. I really want a healer geared for raids, but I'm losing motivation. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be taking different route? Or is this what paladin healing is these days. Sorry I don't mean to !@#$%, but paladin healing just seems terrible right now (not bad healing, just boring and slow)Maximage7 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Question on for my protadins out there. Hey guys, and gals. Was wondering if i should get my tier 12 chest piece or keep my heroic tier 11 chest and soulders for my 2 piece, I have a helm token i can use to get the pally helm, but not sure what would be the best choice to do. I know the Beth'tilak chest is nice but to what I've seen on askmrrobot, its saying use the helm off bal'roc and the tier 12 chest... any feedback would be awesome. Foxxy3 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Retribution Paladins I don't think we will ever be properly fixed to be viable and competitive in raids and pvp in the hardest of content. Like last boss heroic modes and in 2200 ratings or higher. Blizzard has alot on their plate, Diablo 3 and Titan MMORPG. Ever since BC and beginning of WotLK, everything is worse or becoming so basic its dull. Either you can or you can't. There is no I will prove them wrong about my class anymore. Meaning their best designers, programmers, and developers are probably looking at WoW as a thing of the past and aren't working on it anymore especially since this game is nearly 7 years old and they have major upcoming games to compete with, one of which being Star Wars The Old Republic. I know a few people that are going to quit WoW and play SWTOR instead. Additionally, you have alot of statistics that show that of all level 85s, 14% are paladins. Whether their ret, holy, or prot isn't there and it doesn't show whether that is the actual players main character or not. It also doesn't show how many are on the same account. I have two level 85 paladins, I know a friend of mine has 2 and another has 3, but none of them are their mains and they never have been. So why would Blizzard want to fix paladins, when to them we are the "most" played class. And I know these statistics are off since every raid I pug with my alts, raids I've done with my guild, or raids I've done with other guilds to help out, the only ret was me and sometimes one other. There is always a larger population of other dps classes in the raids. Ret paladins haven't dominated a raid since the beginning of WotLK. There are several good suggestions that I have seen to make paladins better without making them OP. I thought I may have made a few myself, but I quit a couple years ago when these suggestions either straight out disappeared from the forums or weren't listened too or acknowledged. I know one ret paladin on here made a complete list going from talent to talent, spell to spell on how to fix ret paladins properly and not make them super OP or dominate whatever they are doing. Fact is people who play paladins as their main and have valid suggestions and not overpowered suggestions (IE: make templar's verdict hit for a Quattuordecillion) need to be listened to by Blizzard or at least acknowledged because of the amount of time they put into thinking how to fix rets. I mean at the very least post something that said you at least read it.Shàdowbane0 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 blizz, please show pallies a little love how about the fact that every class but us it seems has a super jump or something similar, so they can blast you non stop or some many classes can be invisible.yaaa, we got rebuke, so what! dont work when they are out of range. whats the deal with word of glory? for the petty amount of health it gives, it deserves a cool down? i cant begin to tell you how many matches i lost because of that. and lastly, and maybe its just me, but are everybody's cool downs like only 2-3 seconds, except ours how can we have anytime to attack when your polyed 3 times a match or feared or or slowed. sure we can use cleanse, but when you get slowed 50 times, that burns your mana and what then? zero mana makes a pally just a dude. next thing their goona do to us is probably make us start wearing cloth. i seriously wouldnt doubt it. i think we have been punished enough for whatever it was that brought on the hatred towards pallies. just dont want to be the easy target anymore.Móurnblade2 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Ret/Prot Pally or Dk I got both 85, deciding which is more fun/viable in pvp now days. Any help?Hiting9 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Holy Spirit/Haste While I'm around, what is a good amount of spirit to aim for? I have 2k atm but think my regen could be better...any suggestions? Oh and some minimum haste stats would be tops too. Love loveZavala5 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Heroic healing Is it just pallys or are all healers having an extremely hard time healing heroics. I am not wiping on every boss, but it seems like it comes down to the wire every time. FoL and DoL are too mana inefficient while Holy light heals 8-10k. Does is get considerably easier as I get more heroic pieces?Scrachurnuts37 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Threat on tanks ok straight to the point. I can't keep aggro on other tanks. They all can just rip it off of me. It worries me since I don't think it should be that easy. I pull with avengers shield, judge, then hammer/crusader and use avengers proc for hp, then use shield with three hp. If nothing is up i will pop consecrate. Do i need hit or and exp or something or what? Please helpDiscoyo3 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 The end is nigh! Apparently a paladin had posted in the general discussion forums that the paladin forum is full of complaints. A BLUE post stated that they are aware of this and will be looking into resolving the issue. Expect another set of pally nerfs and mage buffs to come soon. I believe they will rework our mastery to be a percentage of damage done to the target will heal the target. This will provide mages with the heals they are looking for. Any other nerfs you think they will implement?Leonji19 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Seals, Judgements, and Paladin combat This long post is a collection of my thoughts regarding Paladin combat. I would like to state first and foremost that the following post is my opinion, I realize that it is my opinion, and I don't need anyone trying to fix my opinion. Arguments are welcomed, but any kind of nonconstructive negative feedback will make me very frowny. I've been playing the Paladin class for a long time now. Genrik here is my second Paladin, so if you look into his records it won't portray all of my experience with the class. I started playing a Draenei Paladin during Burning Crusade, and if any of you reading this remember those days, you must know that I REALLY like Paladins to have had one as my main toon back then. As such I often think about the class and try to figure out how I would implement it if given the chance. Something that has been bothering me about the recent changes is that in general the class has been moving away from its core abilities of Seals and Judgement. Paladin is by and large a buffing class, and Seals are the natural way for a class designed around buffs to attack. These are the defining abilities that make Paladins' attacks feel different from other classes. No other class has the ability to radically change their regular melee attacks, nor do they have a spell like Judgement that changes its specifications depending on what buffs are active on you. Recent changes to the class tend to gear Paladins more towards active abilities, and -with the addition of Holy Power- resource management. These changes are great, I really enjoy what the dev team has been able to create, but I do not feel like these changes need to be made at the expense of the unique Seal system. One new ability in particular caught my attention, and that is Inquisition. Inquisition is a skill that is so on target with what it means to be Paladin that it just makes me happy every time I refresh the buff. This got me thinking: couldn't ALL Seals work like Inquisition? The following is an extrapolation of this train of thought. So that's enough preamble, here is the meat of my idea:Genrik8 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Holy PvP Meta Gem Just wanted to poll the pally populous to see what everyone prefers for their head-slot meta gem. Just recently I swapped over to the crit/spell reflect gem that you see now to help mitigate some of the chain CC that plagues this toon's existance in RBG's and any arena rated 1100+ I'd really appreciate suggestions on not just the meta gem, but the rest of my gear as well. Please keep all criticisms constructive and thanks for any advice in advance. ^_^Soliçe4 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Hi Propulsion Hi Propulsion :)Propulsion6 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Hybrid dps specs in PvP Hello, Basically, I wanted opinions on which spec of the hybrid classes (priest, druid, shaman, pally) is the furthest from being a "support" class in PvP? I've played an enhancement/resto shaman for about two years, and I no longer want to heal. I've heard repeatedly that enhancement is a "support" spec, used primarily in arenas for their totems and purge, but not really anything else. I feel like this is why we don't see Enhancement represented in 2v2. Anyway, I have a few options and I want a class and spec that is wanted in rBGs and 2s arena, as well as a spec that is good in 1v1 duel/world pvp situations. As I said earlier, I'm tired of healing so it's not an option. Here are my options. High damage and good survivability are what I want most: 1) Shadow Priest 2) Enhancement Shaman 3) Elemental Shaman 4) Ret Paladin 5) Prot Pally (don't think they're really viable anymore, but might as well throw it out there. Most of the previous specs aren't particularly viable anyway, haha) I'd appreciate your input. Which of those specs would you prefer not to come across in a world pvp situation? Thanks!Bayless0 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Tier vs Crafted Gloves - Holy Not sure which to use atm, most BiS lists say the tier, however I prefer spirit and our 4 pce is pretty meh........ opinions, plans, what you're using etc.Iakopa0 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 What is the easiest BC(Heroic)? I am looking to farm Burning Crusade Heroic instances. There are a few Epic BoEs that drop from these that I wouldnt mind AHing. Any ideas? I am looking for speed and large pulls. (i.e. MT is divided into too many locked rooms with damage shielding NPCs and casters)Ðj4 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 378 trinkets, why so bad? why is it that most 378 trinkets are absolute garbage for holy paladins? is there any upgrades over core of ripeness/tsunami? i do 10s and we just downed rag this past week im not going for any sort of mastery build, nor do i think its thats great either way anyways, anyone have any thoughts on the 378 trinkets? eye of blazing power has static INT but the proc seems lackluster necromantic focus also has static INT but a mastery proc, while 420 mastery is substantial, i prefer slightly less INT and 400 spirit from tsunami im not exactly sure about Jaws of defeat, seems better for a druid then theres Fiery Quintessence, static spirit which is not great, but an on use INT proc that can be used as a throughput CD or with DP for 6500~ extra mana backRetadinlol9 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Been a while, did HoW get ninja nerfed? I just came back, and I figured i'd go and hit the target dummy. Before I would remember hitting 20-30k hammers on the dummy, and the average hit was around 21-25k before. Last night while I was hitting the dummy I was seeing 11k/12k hits, and the highest crit I saw was maybe......23kish? Novar3 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 What Ret PALLIES need in the next patch Im going say slow or snare 30-40% Make wings 10% damage increase 1min Cool down(cd) Not dispelled able. Not op if people understand. Post What Ret pallie needs maybbeeeee Blizzard will see if we make it into 100 pages lolSentha24 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 How to optimize pve burst... This is pretty much the only thing I need to learn now and I'm not quite sure how or what to change. I pretty much wait till I get 5 stacks for FoR which takes a while and wait till I get a lucky proc with a full inquisition and then a 3HP proc. For standard fights when I know CD's will be up I just use FoA-Zealoty-AW. For full burst I usually wait for BL and hope the above conditions are met and use GotA-STR Pot-FoA-Zeal-AW. I usually pull about 20-23k DPS any fight but I feel lacking, I'm not sure if I'm just expecting too much of my current gear or if I'm screwing up my burst. Any insight would be appreciated. Also I'm working on replacing FoR with Apparatus.Xenophaze1 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 beth'tilac i'll probably get some 'cool story bro' comments after i post his, but its just to awesome to not tell my fellow paladins. last night a ret was actually a pivotal piece in downing beth in our 25m. now mind you we would have downed her regardless of this 'bug' but it made the fight a whole lot easier. after climbing the web and dpsing beth a bit it came time to jump down. when i attempted to jump down i became glitched into the web, just under the part where you can walk on. this caused beth'tilac to only focus her aoe ability she does on me, preventing any raid damage during the phase where everyone is on the ground. Now i was unfortunately out of commision for most of the fight because i was unable to dps, but still! i did eventually die from her massive aoe damage when she does come on the ground, but my body then floated down and i was able to get a brez and finish her off with the rest of my raid. if only this could happen on heroic.Hastega3 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Apparatus If you had my trinkets and youd just bought an Apparatus which would you replace? Im assuming I should replace the avengers trinket and then wait for the Vessel to replace Dwyer's Caber?Desryu20 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 anyone else frustrated? =) So i am pretty well geared 368 ilvl.. and i am capable of doing 23 27 k right now at times.. BUT at times i also do 12-14k!! :/ i know we operate of Procs , but this is a WILDLY large ramge! are other paladins experiencing this same thing , or am i maybe just missing something?Davalis12 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Question about Beacon of Light - Important Okay. So. Beacon of Light has a 60 yd range for being cast. but that is the only range being specified. My question is about the mechanics of it after its been applied. First of all, does the distance between the target with Beacon on them to the target that is receiving the heal matter, or is the range calculated between the beacon and the paladin, and what is that range? How far away can the beacon be and still receive heals? To sum that up, at what range does beacon stop receiving heals and from who/where is that range calculated? I know tons of holy paladins, all asking the same question so I figured it would be nice to get an answer once and for all. Raelivaris11 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Prot threat So after last weak it feels like my threat isnt what it use to be. I have Blood DK that blows me out of the water and this has never been an issue. Is anyone else seeing the same issues I am? I am wondering if one of the coeffeicents is coming out right after they changed the way threat works with the last hotfix.Kaelista3 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Cata ruined ret pallies I seriously think ret pallies shld get Divine storm and Crusader strike back on different Cds having them on the same cooldown is just like give pallies 1 special attack. Give us back our Art of War instant cast Flash of lightTwinkernator19 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Consecration Consecration is fairly useless to retribution pallies in both PvE and PvP. Ret pallies also are missing a good slow for both PvE and PvP. For ret spec, reduce CD to 10 secs. Leave mana cost high and duration short. In addition to DoT element add 50% slow. Any criticisms, ideas and suggestions would be helpful.Baradier13 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Power Word: Shield as a replacement... ...for Divine Shield and Hand of Protection? I noticed while playing my priest that I was using PW:Shield on myself at times I'd pop Divine Shield on my Paladin, and on certain players I'd cast PW:S at the time I'd pop Hand of Protection on other players. Why not just replace these spells? I think PW:S would be a great replacement. The whole 8 seconds of immunity does seem a little outrageous, although I do like the snare/stun/cc/etc. removal effect of Divine Shield. Also, I would prefer to have this sort of barrier up all the time than using Divine Shield on such rare occasions. It could be part and parcel to the class in the way Divine Shield was in WCIII for the Paladin, who could have DS on all the time. Even if it were simply a self-only PW:S, it would be an interesting replacement for DS. Sacred Shield as it was pre-cataclysm seemed like it wouldn't have been a bad replacement either. If we were able to freely choose abilities, I would definitely take PW:S over DS, although then I might take both, idk lol. Just a thought.Sekander1 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Cooldown order RET PVP Hey fellow rets... I know their is an optimal order to activate our burst cooldowns... What works best statistically? I remember reading somewhere that it is optimal to wait before activating one or more. Any light that someone could shed on this would be amazing. Thanks guys!Lorkus4 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Paladin Tanking: Threat into Survival The threat buff has made taking and keeping threat (almost ridiculously) easy. I was wondering if it would now be better to go for survival oriented builds. I read on Xayton's guide that there was this build that revolved around going with SoI and the SoI glyph to maximize survivability. I'm thinking that healers would appreciate us being able to ramp up our self heals with using a glyphed SoI and more powerful self-heals. The new threat buff also makes me want to reconsider eternal glory. Would this be profitable given the (absurd) increase in our threat generation?Atreus1 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Ret Paladin PVP Im sure we can all agree ret paladin PVP is laughable. Its retarded. worst spec atm in every way. lets go down the list of whats wrong and what CAN be changed. Problems (AFIAK) -No Slows -No Gap closers -No Dot ( if you are using SoJ to slow(lol)) -Terrible self healing for a hybrid class -Inefficient self heals -Strong cooldowns, but dispellable -ALL BUFFS are dispellable -Terrible up-front damage -Bad defensive cds -Yes we have strong CDS but they hurt us when we use them. -Kit-able Things that can be done to fix these? suggestions please, heres my 2c. -SoJ needs to slow -Judgement-sprint needs to have an increaced speed -lower judgement cd -Bring back WoG?.....Please?..... -AoW FoL heal<br/>-undispellable wings -Judgement adds a dot to target when it crits. (X holy damage over 3 sec) -GoAK needs to have a charge and stun ability. otherwise its as worthless as the paladin itself PLEASE RESPOND!Purpleflurp11 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Holy paladin macros, help!?!?! Hey guys noob pvp healer here looking to finish getting geared and up his game. I've never been good with macros so maybe some of you veteran players can help. Looking for a few things... 1. A macro that will target the person with lowest health in range. 2. Another macro that will target the closet enemy (non pet if possible) , use judgement then re target my last. 3. A addon (if there is one) that will let me copy macros from websites like this and paste them into the macro screen on WoW. So I don't have to keep going back and forth between screens copying every letter word for word. 4. Any other macros you guys think that will help me. My holy spec is for bg and arenas. I don't pve in it or anything. Thanks!Armenthis7 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 What can we solo in 4.2 With the new changes coming in 4.3, i was just curious what i would be able to solo raid wise in 4.2 to get some old gear that i think looks good. I searched google and such but everything i found was from wrath and nothing since cata came out. Any feedback would be great.Shandraya6 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Seal of Blood, who misses it? Probably best Seal ever, and its gone :( "OMFG HOW'D YOU DIE?!" "I was putting out massive dps like a boss, that's how"Kimikaro27 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Sanctity of Battle tweak? Ideally, I understand the point of this talent, and I'm assuming what the developer idea behind it was to push haste in the Ret rotation to get it to CS -> Filler -> CS -> Filler -> CS - > TV. All that being said, with as weak as haste is, and how MUCH of it that it'd take to get to that point (napkin math points me towards the 3978 ballpark), I can't imagine even in the top tier of gear for this expansion we'd be able to get there, reforging completely into haste. Would it make sense to either 1. Tweak the talent, 2. Bake some more haste into the end of the Ret tree, or 3. give us a greater haste -> rating coefficient? Just curious what the community thinks. EDIT: Fixed for napkin mathMaxim14 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Bringing back Beastcleave? Back in wrath one of the most notorious and deemed "skill-less" comp was Beastcleave. A few variations, but it mostly consisted of Ret, enhance shammies and BM Hunters. I would like to know if this comp is still possible to achieve. Maybe not to glad, but something along the lines of 2.2K? Share thoughts/opinions on it. My next question would be how exactly the comp works. Most will say "target player, pop cds, gg" But is that really all there is to it? Surely there has to some sort of strat, if there is, how would it go? Thanks for readingThorious2 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 What are the caps for a protection Paladin I have looked all over the net, as well as this forum.. and I can't seem to find out what are the caps for a protection paladin. I know that most of them are soft caps but I would still like to know what I can take away or add more of ect.. more so when it comes to reforging so if someone could either A. Provide this information.. Or B. Post a link that provides this information I would be extremely grateful :DElustra11 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 How to use Consecration against Rogues What's the best strategy to use this cast against Rogues?Agincourt10 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 New to Paladin's Please Help! Ok im pretty new to the whole Paladin scene. Im currently a Retribution Paladin going strait PvP and i need some advice on a few things. All im asking for is some advice on how to properly gear my pally, get the perfect Rotation's, as well as the perfect chants/gems when im high enough to use them. (Also i would like to know what would be my best Off-spec once i hit level 30) My current rotation is as follows: Hammer of justice//Crusader Strike//Judgement//Templars Verdict//Exorcism//Consecration I usually dont have to use Exorcism unless of course theres a priest or rogue just for the case that ive prolly hit them with HoJ and well i can 2 shot them. So if there can be any hope in something ive done please help me out!Whakdürmole10 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 Return of the shockadin. Right now you can jump to any page in this forum and find a "ret is broken" thread. Let's go with the idea that Blizz has no interest in fixxing it right now. So how about we good a different direction and Revive the Shockadin. However we need to make holy ranged dps that has a unique favor just for paladins rather then just a copy of another class. So let's begin: 1. holy shock - exact same as before except now adds a debuff the prevents the generation of mana,rage,energy,focus, or runic power. 2. exorcism - the dot is added into the basic of the spell (the glyph now increases the dots timer) and the spell also drains 15% of targets mana, energy, rage, etc.... (see how these 2 work together? nice huh? ) 3. light of dawn - now heals friendly targets in the area and damages enemies in the same area (damage amount being lower then the amount healed with the extra debuff this spell will add I would say 30% damage would be good); LoD also adds a debuff that on NPCs would last 3/6/9 seconds and reduce seconary stats like haste, hit, dodge, etc... by 7%/13%/20% and when used on player characters would also apply the "drunken" effect to the enemy players screeen and walking ability. the drunken level would match up to holy power level when used tipsy/drunk/smashed. Unlike the rogue sap, hunter daze, or warrior stun, or lock fear this would still let you keep fighting but slightly impaired. Finally we come to the fact that players have been complaining that paladins are too easy to kite, so how about we turn it around. 4. Judgement now applies a slow effect (about 50% of the mage slow) not a total freeze in place or as bad a slow as a mage but enough for an escape. oops almost forgot 5. eliminate the timer on beacon, not really anything for dpsing, just annoying.Soulrage10 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 Ready for Troll Heroics? Hey guys, I just got off healing some Heroics (Tol'Vir, HoO and Stonecore) and they all went fine, barring some hiccups with Stonecore. Third and fourth bosses are dumb and should be hated. ANYWAY, I was curious if you all think I'm ready to give ZG and ZA a shot. I'm capable of running them, iLevel wise, but should I? Would the damage just be too much for me to keep up with? Thanks in advance. P.S. I'm very aware my gear isn't great, missing enchants, etc. Working on fixing that.Hamshanks3 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 Who else won't be wearing Judgement? Over the last several years and the hundreds of threads on appearance tabs, it's been said countless times: Every pally will wear the judgement set. Well now that an appearance feature is being implemented, I'm here to prove them wrong! The judgement set is very nice, don't get me wrong, but I prefer Wrathful and t12 far more. Who's with me? Judgement set people are welcome too and will not be "judged" it is a cool looking set ;)Tamaara142 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 Tanking. Am I ready? Hey guys, just wanted a quick inspection on my gear to see if im ready for heroics. This will be my first time doing heroics as a tank so im not totally sure if im ready. Got some gems and gear and thats all i can get for now. ThanksAnkliferan2 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 new to tanking, need gear tips First off thanks for stopping by, feel free to jump down to the question. Ok here is my story. My guild is in need of a tank and I'm normaly a dps but i decided to learn to tank. I am currently running ZA/ZG for gear, I know the fights and know what to avoid and popping my buffs when I can but I'm too squishy imo. I read some protection pally guides and are reforging mastery > Dodge/parry and trying to gem mastery and Dodge/Perry. I pretty much want to know if I'm reforging and gemming correctly and my gear is crap or am I getting my reforging and gemming all wrong?Proprietor3 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 Paladins too kiteabe (read for explanation) First off id like to say yes, i understand we can dispell slows/roots. The issue that im finding mroe recently is that our speed boost only works when were not on our target, and with most classes there speed is = to ours with the talented increase. Using Seal of justice helps, to an extent, but ive seen recently that it doesnt always proc, and thus isnt as useful as it could be (i think the way it used to stun was more useful tbh). What paladins need is an actual slow, or blizz needs to make it so that hammer of justice can proc off a judgements. Either would be amazingly helpful for trying to keep up with something. There have been far too many times when im running with someone, and im hitting cs only for it not to work when im right on the target, and giving pallies a slow would make them more favorable over classes such as dk's and warriors. Not to mention, Pallies are the only melee dps without a slow that actually makes ppl run slower, not limits to 100% movement speed.Palidine18 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 Takes no Skill to Play Ret? Discuss I hear a lot of people think that Ret requires no skill, so it'd be nice to see someone drop what "skill" actually is. Is it actions per minute? The ability to read an opponents moves? Who can CC/dps the most? Etc...Kaemlas15 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 Paladin Auras. Why? Why do they suck? How would you improve them?Shadquist7 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 New to Holy Pally PvP: RBG Spec? So after hearing of the rather favorable position Holy Paladins are currently in with PvP in general, I decided I'd switch my Resto Druid main to my old Holy Raiding character. I'm currently experimenting with some specs, and I've been reading up on guides, but they all seem to favor arena settings. But I'd like some input from some more experienced players. Some notable questions being: Light of Dawn; it's obvious why this is pretty weak in an arena setting, but what about a BG setting? Is it worth sacrificing the extra talent points from Prot and Ret to pick it up? Or is this really just a flat out PvE talent? Eternal Glory worthwhile? I've had some mixed reviews of Holy Paladins that I've talked to randomly in BGs. Some say it's nice to have that chance on a free heal, others don't like wasting points on RNG. Pursuit of Justice; Loved this ability as Ret while doing <85 BG's while leveling. Not sure about Holy, seeing as we have Blessed Life (outside of the nice speed increase of course). Improved Judgements sounds useful in a BG setting. Any thoughts? And finally, Aura Mastery. Would you say this is a "must have" talent? Oh! And as far as reforging is concerned, I should go for Crit or Intel? Cheers Éspresso3 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 Ret Paladin PVP Im sure we can all agree ret paladin PVP is laughable. Its retarded. worst spec atm in every way. lets go down the list of whats wrong and what CAN be changed. Problems (AFIAK) -No Slows -No Gap closers -No Dot ( if you are using SoJ to slow(lol)) -Terrible self healing for a hybrid class -Inefficient self heals -Strong cooldowns, but dispellable -ALL BUFFS are dispellable -Terrible up-front damage -Bad defensive cds -Yes we have strong CDS but they hurt us when we use them. -Kit-able Things that can be done to fix these? suggestions please, heres my 2c. -SoJ needs to slow -Judgement-sprint needs to have an increaced speed -lower judgement cd -Bring back WoG?.....Please?..... -AoW FoL heal -undispellable wings -Judgement adds a dot to target when it crits. (X holy damage over 3 sec) -GoAK needs to have a charge and stun ability. otherwise its as worthless as the paladin itself Purpleflurp0 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 RET Paladins are !#@$!! After several years of playing ret in PVP, I am rolling a DK. I can tell right away, there is no comparison. The damage, dps and utilities are far superior. I am sure if I rolled another melee class I would find the same. Ret can not compete. I get passed over for RBG's all the time. I know my class, I am not a keyboard turner, everything is key bound, macros galore but I lack CC abilities including the damage that puts me on the only-if-no-body-else-is-alive list. Even if I was tops in dps, which I am never, I still wouldn't and am not asked to join a RGB group.. When I do get into an RBG, I play very hard. It is not easy watching the game and all the indicators as to what is up, what's down and what's going to be available. I am so focused on the keyboard/screen/tool bars/add-on, I miss the game. What pisses me off is that I am paying a monthly fee like everyone else but I am stuck with a sub standard spec. CATA destroyed the reputation and credibility of ret. If I could, I would verbally lash out at every developer for this god-forsaken mess. (I am being kind here because I couldn't type or print what I am really thinking). Blizz knows this is a mess and doesn't care. As a company, it is just patronizing the customer and I am foolish enough to keep playing. Marko38 Aug 23, 2011
Aug 23, 2011 im about to hit 85 and i need some advice ive been tanking and healing the whole time in instances from 1 - 85. very little pvp just in the beginning. so im not familiar with the pvp scene for paladins atm. what are paladins excelling at atm? where are they in demand? more pve or pvp? im gonna start collecting gear and i dont know which aspect to start pve tank/heals or pvp heals/ret?Zerbrista2 Aug 23, 2011