Paladin

Oct 5, 2011 Open Libram 4: Ponydins Assemble! ... Someone forgot to start Open Libram 4?! For shame...for shame... Also, I didn't remember the name, so you guys get stuck with this. :pArthinas4 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Is refreshing INQ additive? If there is 10 seconds left on INQ and I refresh does it add to the existing amount of time on the Inq timer?Agincourt5 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Class Feedback II - Paladin What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Everything If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Everything. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I like the way paladin works since Cataclysm with Holy Power at all. For retribution spec, it's far better than the boring 1 2 3 rotation we used to be. And for protection spec, the whole design with more threat generation spells is great. What makes playing your class more fun? Our HUGE BURST is awesome together with our insane offheals, the freedom we have from the Blessing and the Acts of Sacrifice talent from the retri spec, which give us the idea to be a Killing Machine if used right when pursuing enemies at the BG. And for protection, the idea to work with a lot of cooldowns while holding a boss, using it on right place on the right time give the sensation to be on "Top of the Game". What makes playing your class less fun? Protection spec is perfect for me at the moment. But the retribution... : - Lots of RNG with just a few consistent damage. - A good player will always faceroll dispel, purge or spellsteal upon Avenging Wrath. Making it useless when played against players with high rating and knowledge. - When a player dodges Crusader Strike, we don't receive a holy power and takes the 4 seconds cooldown on it!! Different from a frost Death Knight for example, which receives his rune to use the Howling Blast on you once again. - Using Seal of Justice is a disaster. Switching the Seal requires 1.5 GCD, and you'll hit your enemy like a 'Barbie', difficulting the game when playing against Druids and Shamans. How do you feel about your “rotation”? The rotation from both specs are good on my concern (I say both because played just a few times as Holy, so I won't comment anything from a spec which I don't know well). But the Crusader Strike should take 3 seconds when playing retri too. This should makes us more consistent like a warrior, who won't stop to hit you if he knows how to manage his rage, and like a Death Knight, who manages his runic power and runes. What’s on your wish list for your class? - 3 seconds on Crusader Strike (Could be applied to Sanctity of Battle, instead of reducing the CS based on haste, simply make the CS on 3 seconds). Afterall, no paladin who raid as retribution gem or enchant haste. He takes all the haste from the raid buffs. - Defensive abilities - Less vulnerabity to CCs / outside overall damage received / (like for example, resistance to fear, or to stun, or to sheep, or to imparaing effects). To compensate, reduces to duration of Divine Shield by 5 seconds. Or makes Hand of Freedom to remove stun like used to be on Wotlk. - Less vulnerability to dispels. - Zealotry allowing Divine Storm to generate 3 Holy Power. - Holy Wrath don't hit targets who's under CC, like Avenging Shield works now. - The old and LOVELY Judgement of Justice back - An improvement on the auras. Because Resistance for PvP is useless when fighting good players who gemmed for Spell Penetration, Devotion works only for melee DPS (who can Colossus Smash you or Find Weakness too =/), Concentration is excellent, but don't work for Retri Paladins. And Retribution Aura, despite the fact that's help, the damage still is very low. - Some talent, or 2/4Pieces bonus on the PvP set which "Reduces Disarm by 6 seconds", it's unfair to have Landslide on the game and we have to use Pyrium Weapon Chain -.- ! What spells do you use the least? - Seal of Justice - Devotion Aura (when playing as retri) / Resistance Aura.Hagarth0 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 HELP! Prot tank question Hey my fellow paladins I just got a few question I was hoping one of you could answer. What should I reforging my gear to? Are my gems alright? What tabard should I be wearing? I'm working on enchants Edit- What should I gem my shoulders with?Gilric5 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 DPS Help Please Alright guys so here it is. I have never played a dps toon before a couple of months ago. I have always tanked because that is what I love to do most. However, I have found dps pretty enjoyable and a refreshing change. Yet, the last couple of weeks I have found it increasingly frustrating. My problem is that with my gear I feel I should be pulling above 20k in Firelands. But I'm stuck at about 17k. If I'm wrong in my assumption of where I should be at with dps please correct me. My question is if someone could give me some suggestions (gearwise) where I can improve. Maybe gems, enchants, glyphs, etc. Or is it my rotation? I use a standard ret priority system: Inq > CS > TV > HoW > Exo > J > HW > Cons Please help!! Thanks.Madheels11 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Snares does it upset anyone else that all melles have a viable way of slowing except us.the only thing we have is a stupid seal that murders our dps if we use it. this has to be fixed if were going to contend with the likes of a dk or rogue.Lenluv3 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Did I miss this somewhere about Pursuit of Justice. Get struck by a fear, immobilization effect, or stun you get 50/100% chance to gain a charge of Holy Power. ON top of the movement speed increase. Playing around on the PTR last night and I noticed this.Dremall3 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 4.3 Holy Mana Generation Hey everyone, I haven't seen many posts about this yet, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thinks about this stuff. I first figured that the change to mana regeneration would hurt holy overall. I started doing some theory crafting with judging on CD vs the amount of mana I'd regenerate with the new system. I was appalled when I saw how much mana I stood to lose over a fight. In some fights, by my calculations, it was over 150k mana! Then I went and did some raiding today. I was looking through recount, because I was bored during a break and I noticed that in a 5 min 34 second fight I only judged 23 times, which is a full 19 times less than I should. So I started looking through the other fights and sure enough I found that I was only judging about half as often as I was anticipating. Now while I'm not the best geared by any means I decided to replug the numbers in with my current (rather lackluster) mana regeneration (I tend to reforge away spirit) and found that I actually stood to GAIN several thousand mana more. In that fight my math had me gaining around 20k more mana than judging. So to sum it all up, thanks blizz for making my life easier and for the free extra mana. Light Bless, SinanonSinanon14 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Tested out the new Sanctified Wrath on PTR Was testing this on ruthless and vicious geared people. Frost mage ice barrier with 8029 spell power, full vicious Took 3 hammer of wrath's to break it noncrit without Inq. 11000-11500 per hammer Took 2 hammer of wraths to break it noncrit with Inq 14000-14700 Took 1 hammer of Wrath to break crit with Inq 32k crit. (After 15 HoW's to get the crit) Mage had 3022 resil and HoW was hitting him for 11000-12000 range noncrit without Inq. 14000-15000 with Inq noncrit 29k-35k with Inq crits Rogue - full ruthless, 4139 resil HoW was hitting him for noncrit of 9k-11k without inq HoW was hitting him for noncrit of 11k-11500(it varies between 11k-12k) with inq No crit happened after 10 HoW's Rogue having full stack of combat readiness HoW was hitting him for 6k-7k per hammer without Inq HoW was hitting him for 8k-9k per hammer with Inq I had no crit after throwing 20 HoW's (RNG wasn't happy with me and he didn't feel like waiting every cooldown just to get a crit) Hope to have more testing done but its kinda hard on the PTR with people all mage crazy right now -_- Edit: I do have to add the fact, doing bgs, I wasn't much of a threat with my wings up with no crits coming from HoW. The burst is pretty much all gone <.<; P.S.S I got hit by an 80k deep freeze shatter combo by the frost mage in the bg though in 3 seconds with a Counterspell after the deep freeze and IMPACT stun after the slience. :-/Sodred21 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Ret paladin slow.. Is it ever going to happen? That's all I want for PVP.. I would sacrifice the dispel removing a movement impairing effect.. Thoughts?Decisionz21 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Best Looking Paladin? (Alliance) Deciding on making a alli pally. Can't decide on which race to be. Convince me on which race looks the best and has the best animations :)Kelilia30 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 4.3 Ret Changes Thus Far I was happy to see these updated changes for Ret pally DPS recently posted. *Seal of Truth, when Judged, now benefits from a multiplier of 20% per stack of Censure, up from 10%. *Sanctified Retribution now increases the critical hit chance of Hammer of Wrath by 2/4/6%, down from 20/40/60%. *Two-Handed Weapon Specialization (passive) now increases damage by 25%, up from 20%. What does this mean? 1. Less bursty: Bad for PVP since we won't be spamming crit hammers, but we all know wings are dispellable anyway, so not such a bit deal. Some PVE encounters it is nice to have the hammer crit spam burst, but we're fine on CDs when we need to push higher DPS out as it is. 2. Change in dps: This is clearly a buff in overall dps. -Hammer spam(Counting when using with wings up only) is about ~4% of overall dps in a sustained fight, and that will be nerfed a good 54%, losing lets say 2% dps. -Judgement damage will be increasing 33%, we're going from base judgement +5x 10% censure stacks (150%) to base judgement + 5x20% censure stacks (200%). Judgement right now is about 12% of our dps, so we're up about 4% dps from this buff -Two-handed weapon specialization buff, small buff but we're going from a 1.2 multiplier to a 1.25 multiplier, theres a lot more involved but lets just simplify it and say 5% buff So we're up around 7% dps, probably a little higher but I'm just throwing out rough numbers looking at a few meters Good enough? maybe not alone, don't forget melee will be benefiting from 10% more melee attack power from might and similar buffs this next patch. I don't think it'l push us up enough to be on the top, but I think it'l make us feel more viable. I could also see blizzard being weary about overbuffing ret pallies due to this 10% AP buff coming as well, and we may see numbers go up a little soon too. Remilia8 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 PTR RET DMG Judgments hit for about roughly 90-100% more. If you are wondering FYI. base damage is higher not as noticeable as judgment damage though. all in all; Less RNG more damage.Vazquez9 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 I know how to fix the ret "hole" I've been looking at the forums for quite some time now, and no one seems to have a decent fix to the ret "hole" or proc reliance in their rotation. What I propose is, that instead of Art of War giving exorcism a 20% chance to be instant and 100% more damage, to instead increase it's damage by the same amount, but place it on a 6 second cooldown. This way, holy pallies can still hard cast and spam exorcism in pvp or whatever, but the ret "hole" is plugged.Bublemehardr5 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 4.3: Time to go ret PVP? Hey guys. In the first season I was ret and I LOVED it. I just hated our no survivability. Not many people wanted to do arenas/rbg's with a ret. I was kind of forced to go holy. I kind of liked holy in bg's and I was able to do some bg's with high ranked players because they like pocket healers. The thing is, in arenas it was so stressful. No like at all! I'm wondering, with the few ret changes in 4.3, should I be able to go back to ret and find some teams / rbg's or are people still focused on getting mages/warriors in their teams? Is it worth it to go ret over holy? ThanksWafflès3 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 4.3 Feedback These changes are hitting us in all the wrong ways. This will not up sustained damage in pvp at all. We still have poor mobility and have really no decent way to close the gap. Our burst is what makes us decent. Its hard enough to get into RBG groups cause noone wants to take a ret paladin. Arena teams do not want to take a ret paladin as well. You are required to basically make everything you do and this is a team game. Fix this please.Nomic11 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Now that Rets are the easiest-to-train on PvP Selfless Healer needed to be nerfed. 50k Heals on teammates are gamebreaking and not acceptable. But instead you devs dealt a huge blow to Rets already poor survivability vs hard tunnel vision. Just look at Ret representation on the higher level brackets. Just ask a high end RMP player. Just ask a high end Shatterplay player. Just ask a high end Shadowcleave player. One. Single. Question. How hard is it to tunnel down and kill a Ret on 3v3? I honestly hope we are getting something in return. Do you guys realize Divine Protection is dispellable? It never stays for more than a couple of seconds. Same about Hand of Freedom. Popping Zealotry to help your healer bringing you up with some self WoG's is so clutch, dear Blizzard. You're taking that away from us! I completely agree on your vision that damage specs should be more concerned about actually doing damage, but on PvP we also have to worry about being alive. That will be a serious problem when 4.1 hits live. I (and probably a huge percentage of the arena community) ask for a revision on Retribution survivability. It is ok to tune down the healing when most of the times the best option to spend your HoPo is on a WoG. But just don't forget we already have serious issues versus tunnel-vision tactics, and that plus the SELF WoG nerf may "kill" the spec viability. I heartfully respect Blizzard's job on Retribution so far since 4.0 is out, but we (the ret community) are afraid you guys may have taken a long step on the wrong direction. PS: Please keep this thread clean; post serious ideas and theorycrafting you may want the devs to read.Tretinha31 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 HoP Macro Question I currently have a Hand of Protection macro that automatically HoP's my focus (usually my 2s partner or a healer I wanna keep an eye on in a BG), without me losing my current target I'm on... It is as follows: #showtooltip Hand of Protection /cast [target=focus,exist] Hand of Protection What I'm looking for is a way to alter that so that if I want to HoP someone other than my focus (as in I target someone else that needs the HoP), it will HoP them instead of my focus... Anyone know how to do this or if it's possible??? Interventiön3 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Is H dodge/parry gear worth getting? So my guild is now able to consistently farm 5/7 H, and as such we've been getting a few tank pieces that... I've been passing on. Such as the H tier chest, and the H alys shoulders. Mostly because of the fact that I thought that without the mastery they'd be worse from a CTC perspective, but I'm just kind of starting to wonder if I've been thinking about the #s wrong, and if they'd be good with reforging to mastery. Ideally I'd like to get the chest off H beth and the shoulders off either H domo or rag, but until then is it worth taking these?Darthelmet1 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 hyjal bout to do battle for mount hyjal, any tips? i used search but i couldnt find exactly what i was looking forIliriel4 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Moving forward in retribution changes Now that HoW is about to be nerfed, will Avenging Wrath be un-dispellable? We have been asking this for many years. The real threat of AV are HoW Crits, and with that being almost completely gone, we can look foward to keep at least AV for a "decent" damage.Gem6 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Am I OP? 1896 resilience, 120-125k hp buffed Takes 3 geared DPS to take me down in BGs, I have time to make calls and do my taxes before I need to pop cooldowns. Just started arenas, never lost to a double dps team and only ragequitted after 30 min matches with 140k+ hp healer/dps teams. Too skilled, too OP, or both? My 2s parter was a frost mage with 3k resil from trade channel btwAverlon23 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 What old raids can be solo'd? What old raids would i be able to solo with my Ret pally? such BC and before,etc. Thanks ahead of time for the help.Gwuap7 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Impending 4.3 Holy Judgement changes "Seal of Insight, when Judged, no longer returns 15% base mana to the paladin. Judging Seal of Insight still causes damage, and melee attacks will still restore 4% of base mana." Really?......Really?!? This is the change that I think should not get through the PTR but it probably will because everyone has been saying that pallies are OP in arenas. It gives less flexibility in PvE and obviously is a big blow to PvP and how one will be able to us the spec trees......(which is short for.... SPECIALIZATION : | ). It will give even less of a choice on how to fine tune your play and it will feel more like a cookie cutter spec. Enlightened judgments and, more so, improved judgments will be worthless to all specs except ret. What is the point of even having the judgment of the SoI doing damage?...for a holy pally!! (sarcasm) Oh wow <=1% of raid damage thanks Blizz! Let me run around chasing adds to top off my mana while the raid gets pounded! Oh better yet Let me try to chase that mage down and hit em with my wet noodle cuz I am about to go oom! Weeee..WEEEEEE....fun! : | I like(d) the ability to continuously judge when I am (was) not doing anything else and forge out the spirit I don't need to increase my haste and crit. I feel that it allows better players to show they can do more with less gear. One of the things pallies had going for it was its holy spec. If they want to balance holy they could make you trade off on another glyph or possibly spec in the future to either have melee or judgements to restore a % of mana some % of the time with a trade off...so those who do arena can still either choose to glyph or spec for melee or judgements to restore mana (with judgements restoring to have some kind of trade off perhaps on another CD) so that based on whether you are facing casters or melee in the mix of PvP you can still manage to defend the group. Perhaps having melee restore more mana than judgements to reward those who can chase down someone or is in your face trying to pound you down while you are regaining your mana (so your opponents have to think on another layer/level whether to engage you because of what you could do to the group in terms of healing/survivability) .... Or have a spec point to choose between something like denounce which is more offensive to another spec point to choose where exorcism will have a CD but can restore a % of mana on proc or something like that. What do you guys think about all of this? I say poo poo on that! Andrais45 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Strategy against Arcane Mages. I need one. Badly. The bad mages I can handle, but every now and then, and conspicuously more and more lately in Arenas, I'll find myself getting nuked by one with the usual 50k Arcane Blasts to the face. One who also has a tendancy to get out of the way when I get close enough to do anything. One who spellsteals my HoF the instant I cast it. Everything I can do to negate their Slow spell that won't get stolen is bubble, and I'm not huge on blowing something with that long a CD with that short a duration. It's absolutely frustrating.Doomgazé3 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 PvP - ret or prot for support gameplay? Hello fellow paladins, I just got this toon to 85 and started doing some BGs. I soon found out that I am much more useful to the team when casthing those 40-60k WoGs instead of Templar Verdicts. 1 WoG and an ally can fight for another hopefully 20+ seconds, 1 TV and it won't matter much... Then I started wondering - if I am to occupy this backup healing niche (just for fun, no big plans for it), should I go prot, so I get extra interrupts for casters, while doing same amount of healing? Is prot capable of as much healing as ret? And I don't want to be holy at the moment. Ret gives me an ability to kill something on demand, while holy is not much of a universal support spec from what it looks like to me. Am I wrong? How does prot PvP feel at the moment? Thanks in advance, going to sleep now.Alleluia7 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Best way to level 68 to 80 I finally just hit Northrend. What's a good way to level? I did 0-10 Quest. 10-68 Dungeons. Someone told me to kill Shoveltusk in Howling Fjord from 68 to 72. I'm not a big fan of grinding. But I'll do it if it's good. Seems like I'm getting 1 bar per 10minutes.Manapäuse5 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Quick Question. Hi brothers and sisters. Tankadin-in-training here and I have a problem. I was running a Stormwind Stockade dungeon yesterday and the healer ( Druid ) told me and I quote ; "You are build like paper , man" . Im guessing he had difficulty healing me because I was taking too much damage, but as far as I know im not badly geareds and I know not to stand in fire. I know being geareds in low level dungeons is alot more forgiving than Heroics/Raids but I want to make sure im not doing anything bad. I would also like to note that I dont have any heirlooms items. Any advice or bits of info would be appreciated. Thank you =)Unshu2 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Need some serious views on Paladin/Warrior. Ok so i have returned to WoW once again after a rough year or less being inactive. I know the forums tend to be a breeding ground for sub-par players that rage when their class isnt able to hit 1 a bunch of times and win. But im asking for you SERIOUS players that know what your talking about to give me some help. I normally would not ask this question because it usally comes down to DO WHAT YOU ENJOY. I have been leveling my paladin and my warrior and i fell in love with both these classes but since i am fond of end game and my playtime is very limited by life i cannot simply choose the level/play them both option. I love my paladin because of the versatility, even as ret i can stop to toss a quick heal on myself i love the idea of being a holy knight i like our spells etc. I HATE cooldown reliance tho and i hate how we are so RnG but things i can deal with. I love my Warrior because i love being upfront in the action and NON-STOP acting with tons of GCD's for attacks. I love the idea of a Warrior and i think our abilities/talents make for a really fun class that is simple but extremly difficult to master. I am really looking for some input / knowledge / knowledge of upcoming changes ANYTHING to help me really set aside one and focus on a main. Sorry i ask this of you guys, but please try to keep it from becoming another BLAH BLAH GARBAGE DON'T PLAY IT thread.Lithik8 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Noob Question about Holy Hi guys, I have some noob quetions for you ... 1º - Many people like the holy paladin for PVP, but and 1x1, as the holy paladin is to win in the 1x1? Note: I've seen it, but do not know how Note: anyone who can say, and a rotation, I thank 2º - In the battlegrounds, so while I'm healing fine, but when the enemies come and try to kill me, what the best thing to do? how? Thanks a LOT! ;)Cesão13 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Healing? Could i heal with vicious gladiator gear in cata heroics? amd what about rise of the zandalari heroics? or could you tell me ilvl i need for these if i prob wont do well healing in vicious glad gear?Nadenn4 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Check me out! Im sexy! Hey can you guys help me out a lil. I'm a holy pve spec'd Pally. I have always been prot but got bored and decided to go holy. It's been a lot of fun but just curios as to what my numbers should be at. I understand it's Intel>Haste>spirit>crit? I have just reforged all my crit into haste. Didnt seem to make to much of a difference and I also have relied in the past on a big 60k+ crit heal to get me out of jams. Is there anything I should be doing differently? Maybe my spec? Gems? Glyphs? Thanks a bunch!!!Primero2 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 what Prof is best for prot? hey guys/gals im going to be lvling prot and wanted to know what prof i should be looking at? tySaintangus19 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Holy Reforging What do I reforge my vicious gear to?Rishira5 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Ret "DPS" (Rage Thread) Ret paladin "DPS" blows. Having to keep Inquisition up at all times isn't hard just kind of annoying, and when your on a raid boss that last 10 minutes its easy to keep it up but in an arena when your trying to be "Defensive" and off heal with WoG or w/e your losing 30% holy damage if you cant manage to keep it up? Fail. Our burst is nice, when we dont have our CD's up our dps is total !@#$ and when your cd's are up you have to try your %^- off to mash in as many hammers TVs an w/e procs u have so you can be close to the frost dk's and arch mages on the dps meters for like 20sec... I spend most of my time waiting for CS and judgement to get of CD and holy wrath is just about the most *!@# filler ever if your lucky its hits for as much as an auto attack... Fail. Consec is useless in Pve for single target and as far as aoe goes we are average nothing close to the Death knights ferals or what have u. now for the rage part: Its f*****g retarded how an arcane mage can pull 25k< using 2 buttons an a cooldown macro its f*****g retarded how a frost dk can use Fstrike Oblit Howling blast oubtreak plus a cooldown macro and still pull retarded dps and all the Ret "dps'ers" out there are contemplating wasting half their mana on single target because they having nothing else to hit ret needs work bad... Also if your wings get dispeled purged or whatever you screwed Massive amount of your burst taken with 1 keybind i mean with dks darksim its like ya he planned that but others they are like: "pally has wings? not anymore!" (if your some ret who pulls retarded dps i would like to know how because me and practically all the rets ive met are maybe average dps'ers at best)Novacon33 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Do paladins have a raid cooldown? Considering leveling this character to heal. But looking over the spells I'm not seeing a raid cooldown. Can you let me know if I'm just blind?Quebacon24 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Killing a Hpally is like catching a rainbow I understand that perhaps I shouldn't be able to kill one solo (although I have a well geared resto druid that can sometimes get taken out 1v1), but when me and 2, 3 others are pounding on you and you still don't die, then there's seems to be a problem.Tasaii23 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Hand of Rag Finally you are mine to wield & spread terror in the hearts of the horde =)Blázer12 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Crit or Mastery as ret Noob question i know but can some plz help with this?TY.Thanose60 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Holy Radiance Graphic I'm sorry if I missed this among the current discussion on Holy Radiance as I honestly didn't read every post in them. I believe this new Holy Radiance design should be accompanied by a new spell graphic. It would be both aesthetically pleasing and let the paladin and HR target know how effective the heal is as not to needlessly waste mana on guesswork. A simple graphic of light radiating from the target for 10 yards (as the description states) would be perfect. The paladin (especially if he doesn't use floating combat text) would know whether enough people are being healed by his HR and the target would know whether he should move slightly to catch a few more people in the aoe. Am I the only person who feels this would be helpful?Chaplin4 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Dear blizz, make me less kitable in pvp. TY! * i'll catch you eventually u damn mage! once all my !@#$ is off cd and you blink away from me!..oh wait....* ^_^Tuslaw4 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 [4.2] Retribution Paladin Video Guide (PvE) Hello. My last informative post was a guide for the Heroic Firelands from a Retribution standpoint. After writing it, I realized that the majority of the community does not do Heroic Raids, let alone the majority of the Ret paladin community. I have decided to take a different approach that is aimed at the Ret Paladin community as a whole, rather than a small minority. I plan to do this through a video series called Raiding as Ret, which will cover a broader array of topics relating to PvE Retribution. The first episode covers the basics of the PvE Retribution Rotation. Let me know what you think, I am open to constructive criticism. Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9X4hy_cdbk Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOPR20yoK_g Episode 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7PZmw0oMr8Klamnei28 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Ret 2p t13 Bonus. Am I the only one who feels that the 2p t13 set bonus is waaaaaaaaaayyy too op of a set bonus? Especially compared to other set bonuses? It will be absolutely mandatory to get it, It's such a huge dps increase. It will even be mandatory for pvp paladins. I think the bonus needs to be put into the spec it's just too huge of a change for a mere set bonus. #whatthehellimconfusedwhyaretheydoingthisHalerek13 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Open Libram 3: Clad in the Light I still don't get it. W E L C O M E M E S S A G E - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ... Inception of OL Post, better known as the "grandpa" thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592855173?page=1 Open Libram I: Paladin Weekend Edition - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593006540 Open Libram II: Seal of Hairflip - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082210160 *Please clean the poop in between your toes/hooves. It's so rude to just leave them on the welcome mat, thank you. **Also, Yes, I'm Fraudir.Practical500 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Rate the song that describe the paladin class Here's mine :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRKmHAy25dYAndarieell10 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Stepping into the Tank Arena So I've decided to take the plunge into tanking as a paladin. I tanked a little bit as a Death Knight in WotLK so I have the basics of tanking down more or less. This is the spec I'm planning to use: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGRhcRzdRRucbG:kocc0RmMz Any tips or suggestions on any glaring mistakes I'm making? Additionally, are there any tips or suggestions you have for a newbie paladin tank? I see a lot of people picking up glyphs for crusader strike. Is it really used that much?Jerald3 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 4, 2011 Sanctity of Battle, haste, and 4.3? So as you might know haste is generally considered the worst secondary stat for rets due to the fact that there isn't enough haste available to bring the CD of CS to 3 seconds, making it usable every other GCD. So I have 2 questions about this: 1. Based on predictions of dragonsoul ilvs, do you think there will be enough haste (be it native to the gear or reforged) available by the end of the expansion to reach the 3.0 second CS? And 2. If the answer is no, then what exactly was the point of sanctity of battle in the 1st place? If you don't think about it for more than a second the talent seems to make sense, more haste = more CS = more TV = more damage right? Until you realize that with the way GCDs work, rather than it being a scaling system, its a binary gearing plateau that only becomes relevant if the gear has the stats to support its use. So if we can't realistically reach this point, what is exactly the design goal of this talent?Darthelmet6 Oct 4, 2011
Oct 3, 2011 Critique my PVP spec Looking for any fine tunning advice on my spec. Premise: -Full Ruthless -I have biased from a Mastery spec to a Crit spec. To have Crit outweigh Mastery I had to add a couple of Crit gems -While I love the security of a Word of Glory spec, I find Hammer of Justice spec to be more effective for me in RBGs -I have replaced the Ruthless resilience trinket with the Apparatus of Khaz trinket. I understand that I give up 300 res but have enjoyed all the extra DPS by chaining Apparatus to my Ruthless on use trinket. I tried to balance that with 3 points in divinity -I normally have decent healers around me so health is only concerned when I do something stupid and get corned by 4 opponents. My burn down macro is Zealotry, AW, Inq, Apparatus, Ruthless on use, GoAK OK, let me have it :) Where can I improve my DPSAgincourt7 Oct 3, 2011
Oct 3, 2011 Hammer of Wrath is bugged I'm hoping someone on the Paladin development team looks seriously at this issue and responds. If I use HoW as a final killing blow I rarely get credit for a Killing Blow. I have had numerous instances where I'm the only player that has attacked the opponent and used HoW and did not get killing blow credit. Why? I understand that a teammate may have placed DOTs or bleeds on that opponent that may have caused the final kill, but when I'm fighting an opponent on the road and no one is anywhere near him and I dont get credit then something is wrong. Why is this important? Because Blizzard has nerfed Rets into the ground. We have no gap closers, no DPS outside 20 seconds every 2 minutes and virtually no CC. As a result Rets are hated and unwanted throughout the game.Try to get into an RBG as a Ret, it's nearly impossible. Try to find a 2s partner for Ret and it's difficult. When was the last time anyone on trade chat advertised for a Ret. How about never happens? So, if I can't produce killing blows then I can prove value and get a group. Even when I'm top in KBs I'm often kicked becuase Ret is "bad composition". If you are not going to fairly treat the Ret class then at least give us our Killing Blows so maybe someone will include us occasionally. And I would prefer anyone trolling on the KB subject to please stay out of this conversation. All I'm asking for is that Blizzard give Rets credits for HoW Killing Blows just like every other class gets credit when they make a kill.Agincourt11 Oct 3, 2011