Paladin

Sep 11, 2011 heroics and me My ilvl says I am ready for tanking heroics but I was just wanting input from the Pally community on if my gear is decent enough for tanking heroics without making the healer go "wtf man."Osse1 Sep 11, 2011
Sep 11, 2011 Holy shock Mouse over macro I use mouse over macros for all my heals but i cant find a holy shock mouse over macro that works.Pallygrim3 Sep 11, 2011
Sep 11, 2011 Seal of truth or insight? For tanking. I don't have a problem with threat. And if I do use insight, what prime glyph would I use to replace the seal of truth one?Wanacomplain9 Sep 11, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 PvP spec post 4.2 Hey guys! So, I haven't played much of this toon since BC; back in the day before the seal/judgement system revamp. I am headed towards 85 and I'm not sure how paladins are in pvp. I am thinking between holy and prot pvp; everyone and their grandmother seems to have a ret pvp pali. What are the Pro's and Con's of holy and prot? Which is better for Arena / BG?Soladra1 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 T11 set bonus 4p t11 or 3p t11 and the t12 chest for healadins? Answer would be really nice :) (the 4th piece is shoulders)Dran3 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 To much expertise with my glyph Title says it all, is it a big deal since its not like most melee classes having to get that much resilienceJústicar3 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Is it just me... Or is it just as frustrating for all holy pallies in pvp? It seems I can barely get off 1 or 2 heals once my cools are dwn and have a couple guys on me. Maybe I'm doing it way wrong..idk..but it seems I'm shutdwn at every turn when the group finds out i'm holy. I mean I don't expect to stay up if theres 5+ ppl on me and I know the gear I'm using is outdated by a longshot. So I just have a few questions and maybe you guys wouldn't mind sharing some tips? 1] Flash of light seems very small, Is it or am i out of my mind? 2] I have problems with changing my aruas, Its my own fault for sure not changing out of crusader when I'm supposed too. I usually waste arua mastery (I know, shoot me, plz) but is there a macro that will change auras mounting and dismounting? 3] Another thing I'm trying pick up on is juking, Is there a macro there as well? I hit a heal and move but that seems like with lag and it kinda looks obvious that if i put a macro dwn and dedicate it to a single button and not move that I could just change it up. I'm sure i have other query's but I can't think of them right now....to be continued, I'm sureKnoxvílle8 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 CTC? I have started reading up on prot pally threads to learn more about my class. One thing I see everyone talk about is ctc. What is it? I have no idea what that's short forTularac1 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Low level healing gear. I'm new to WoW and I'd really like to heal as a Paladin. However, almost none of the mail armor that drops has healing specs on it. Any solutions? Should I wear cloth until I can level high enough to start seeing caster stats on my gear? I prefer not to do that, but if it's the only way... Thanks.Oremus2 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 What am i doing wrong tank wise? Can someone help me improve my tank because I seem to be dieing awfully fast during dungeonsPerseüs11 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Need Macro's For Ret/Prot I been looking all over the WoW and EJ forums but neither seem to have a macro thread, can someone give me some for a Ret/Prot pally?Pallycide11 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Another Censure Thread If you haven't heard by now, while unlikely, there has been a hot-fixed implemented that buffs censure damage by 40%. Considering this change and relatively recent threads suggesting haste might be a stat that was competitive with critical strike, would this put haste as our next highest secondary stat? Making it Hit/expertise > Mastery > Haste >Crit?Tantrikx1 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 What's you guys Censure ticking for now? I've seen a 19k crit on the IoC pvp boss so far (that's with all CDs so the other things i was throwing out was far higher).Oldestguy5 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Light of Dawn...your thoughts? I pretty much never use light of dawn because I found it only useful when you know you will be stacked and everyone will be in front of you. I have found a very minor group of raiders that do not have it even speced or glyphed and I am thinking of doing the same thing. Is there a link to the heal efficiency/HoPo of this compared to WoG? I read somewhere that WoG beats LoD in efficiency/HoPo/person and LoD is only good for 5 or more people. The only reason I glyphed LoD is that I just read it is a "must" for raiding...Can I get away with not specing or glyphing it? I have found this spec that I think I might switch to and just use holy radiance and hope for the best...but I am not sure http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Ironbeaver/talent/primary I am thinking to drop enlightened judgments and switch improved judgements instead as well...(I see no use for hit rating since I only judge...and rarely shock for damage or exorcise anymore) I just wonder how many of my judgements would miss. What are your thoughts? Andrais3 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 @PALADINS! I just wanted to tell you guys... ... AHH JUST KIDDING /chopsLobster6 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Rumbling with Rogues before Plate Armor I've noticed that when I fight Rogues on the Battlefield (Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin) they tend to buzz around me like a crack-addicted hummingbird, but still somehow manage to hit me with the melee attacks. When I try the same, I can't hit my target because its not in "front of me." I also find that when slowed, I can't spin fast enough to keep them in front of me. It seems like the only time I can get any real damage done is when I stun them or catch them at a distance. On battlefields this works fine, because usually if I can keep them busy for a few seconds someone nukes them. Is this just the way it goes, or are there some simple maneuvering tactics I should be using? Is plate armor going to even this out when I hit 40? HakanekHakanek4 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Tankadin questions. Is Consecrate REALLY needed as a Tankadin? I do just fine tanking without it. I'll only use it if i need to go afk for a sec. What's the best Aura? I like to use Retribution Aura for dealing with multiple Enemies, and then use Devotion for Single Target bosses. What's the best Seal? I like to use Seal Of Insight. Some people say to use Seal of Truth at 44, but i haven't got it yet, and i feel that even when i get it, I'll still be using SoI. Legoles1 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Retribution Paladins and Frost DKs This is my main. My OS is ret. I am often tasked by my guild to go DPS in one tank fights and i do fairly well for my gear(357ish)I even manage to top fights When my procs cooperate with me (18 to 20)and do decent DPS (15 to 18)when they dont. Thing is, as we all know, ret damage is painfully inconsistent. I leveled a frost DK, he's at 82 now and in mostly non stat optimized greens with some leftover wotlk gear. I can do 7.5k with the 5% buff without popping my offensive cds as often as i should. No gears, no enchants. The frost priority system runs smoothly and although it gets better with procs, not having them won't make the dps plummet as precipitously as in ret. Now when i factor in better gear, enchants, gems, and getting to level 85, i can see clearly how the DKs i see in dungeons can push 18k-22k consistently. It got me to thinking, why can't our haste scale as good as frost DKs? Well maybe not as good but improving how haste affects us would go along way to helping smooth out ret damage. 1. More auto attacks, more AoW procs 2. More CS, More TV, More Hand of Light Atreus0 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Judgements of the wise bugged? So i was flipping through my combat log today and had a math issue come up. JotW is suppose to return 30% of base mana over 10 seconds. But with naked stats i have 1025 mana yet the spell is only returning 20 mana per second for a total of only roughly 20% of my base mana. So either I suck at math or am I missing something here? This is me with no buffs to intellect or mana all my gear is strictly strength and stam. http://imageshack.us/f/195/wowscrnshot091011101401.jpg/ So am i missing somehting or could this be bugged?Baralai1 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 To much expertise with my glyph Well i have To much expertise with my glyph of truth, is it not a big deal since i only had to earn 16 or do i need to stray away cause i recently won some exp items in t11 raidsJústicar3 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 in what way are pally better then druids? Pwn the crap outta pallys in dps, healing, tanking to I think ?Trasp1 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Prot Threat I was 2nd tank with a Prot Pally the other day and noticed i was pulling off him with little effort. Is there something wrong with Prot threat? Tullas16 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 do NOT nerf hammer of wrath, censure LOL Burst is the only way for a ret paladin to kill anything in pvp, We can't slowly grind down an opponent. All we can do is get afew cc's off, hope an opponent blows their trinket, wait a minute for Hoj to be back up. Stun + wings, if you dont kill something, hide behind a box for 2 minutes cause you aren't killing anything without wings. Furthermore if you move some of Hammer of wraths damage elsewhere, it better be a ranged ability, its an important tool during retributions burst to have a powerful ranged attack. Hammers crit for 30k, shatter combo's are doing 30k+20k, shadow priests are critting for 40k, whats the big deal? if you move hammer damage to a melee attack i would see it as a nerf overall. "Your risk of down syndrome goes up 40% if your mother drinks alcohol with you in the womb", 40% of a 0.00005% chance is 0.00007% Even though 40% sounds like alot in these cenarios you hear everyday for smoking etc, 40% of tiny number is nothing. 40% censure increase is nothing! censure is our lowest damaging abilityFaiit8 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 70 Twink Gems & Enchants Was just curious on what gems & enchants should be used for Prot lvl 70 arena twink. Any help would be appreciated. ThanksFaté6 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Proc priority Just getting back into tanking after quitting after ICC and rotation is still foreign to me. Do I throw avenger shield when I have the proc up with 2 holy power even if AS and CS are coming of gcd at same time or do I hit CS then HoTR then AS? Also is it better to wait that .2 seconds on CS to come off cd before I un-procced AS or wait and CS and see if I get a free gcdRibose1 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 crit gained from each point of intellect 2 questions here how much % crit is gained from each point of intellect? how much % crit is gained from each point of crit rating? thanks in advance EDIT: nevermind, got the conversions from the theorycrafting thread. for those who are curious, it's 1% spell crit from 649 intellect and 179.2 crit rating for 1% of crit. Renth0 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 incoming hotfix "40% increase to censure, and looking into taking some damage away and balancing out hammer of wrath." for pve, this is total rejoice, and for pvp, it is a step in the right direction. saying they're looking at us means they might read these forums, just not respond. They effectivley killed seal of justice (not that there was much of an arguement anyways), but pvp still needs a little tweaking in my mind. Thank you blizzard for listening.Kkronc1 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Ret pally or Feral druid? Im going to be gear my pally for ret but everyone is telling me not to because it isnt that good for pvp. They are all telling me to stay with my feral druid i was just wondering on what people thought about it?Krattoss15 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Ret Buff Suggestions That Aren't OP? Not all of these of course, but maybe some. I seriously doubt they'll do any overhauls this late in the expansion, but there's several ways to improve the spec in both PvE and especially PvP in the mean time. 1. Inquiry of Faith: Inquisition duration increased to 60 seconds and possibly adding a bit to the bonus to Seal of Truth's damage percentage. Why: Less refreshing of Inquisition means more HP available to put into Templar's Verdicts/WoG's. Not too much more, but it's not over the top. A little bit more seal damage isn't too over the top either...especially considering it would be for our DPS seal that should hit hard. 2. Increase Judgement damage somehow...particularly somewhere deep in the Ret tree. Why: I know the days of Judgement hitting like a truck are in the past, but it still shouldn't be something that's as weak as it's become for Retribution. If anything it's a pretty signature ability of a "crusader" and deserves to hit somewhat hard. 3. Change the 4-piece PvP set bonus to/or add 60% disarm reduction. Why: Similar to the Warrior set bonus. I think it's sort of dumb that a 2-handed melee dps spec would even need to use a weapon chain in PvP. At least DK's have access to unique enchants via runeforging, we don't. Letting PvP Ret's have access to Landslide isn't that much to ask. 4. Add a single target "filler" attack for Paladins that uses mana. Why: Sitting around waiting for CS to come off cooldown, or only having Holy Wrath available(that uses a lot of mana)for a few seconds sucks...especially in PvP. Something like a filler attack(Heroic Strike anyone?) that doesn't hit too hard but keeps the damage rolling would be nice. The Ret tree could have talents to improve it, as well as add it to attacks that proc Hand of Light. 5. Long Arm of the Law limiting movement speed of Judged targets to 100% maximum movement speed that is not considered a movement impairing effect. Similar to the old Judgement of Justice effect. Why: Switching to Seal of Justice just to keep a fleeing target from /lol-ing at you is pretty annoying and decreases your DPS quite a bit. Blizzard stated way back that Judgement of Justice pre-Cata was our "snare" due to our 15% movement speed increase via talents. Now what? There are so many classes that can gain speed buffs and gain distance on us in a hurry...something like this would add to our utility overall in PvP, especially against Shamans/Druids in arena/RBGs. It would also help us land more Crusader Strikes and not be in that "dead zone" where you look like you're close enough to the target but you can't CS them. 6. Crusader Strike generating 1 HP on use vs. on successful hit...OR Crusader Strike can no longer be blocked/dodged/parried. Why: Our HP generation, especially in PvP, is already a bit low. With several classes having a healthy amount of passive dodge/parry that isn't really feasible to stack expertise against(without losing a lot of DPS) this wouldn't be too much to ask for either. 7. When Avenging Wrath is dispelled, the cooldown is instantly reduced by 60 seconds and you are immune to crowd control effects and movement impairing effects for 10 seconds. Why: This may be a bit much, but what I'm trying to emphasize is making a dispeller actually THINK before they spam their dispel. Losing the DPS from Hammer of Wrath during AW is pretty crippling, and often times dispellers won't even think before they start spamming their dispel key when they see wings. I've been spammed dispelled clean, even with ZERO removable buffs left in arena and battlegrounds. Mana cost alone isn't enough of a penalty to stop a dispeller...there needs to be more thought in it than just hitting one button and neutralizing an entire spec's key DPS cooldown. Until the entire dispel system is looked at again, something really should be done. 8. Divine Protection now usable while stunned/feared/silenced. Why: Similar to Shamanistic Rage/Barkskin. We're easily trained and it will only get worse as casters get stronger. Divine Protection is something that helps mitigate a fair amount of damage enough to help in most cases but not so much that it's overpowered. We can no longer Freedom out of stuns, and blanket silences and fears screw us over pretty hard too. If this change along with the glyph proves to be too strong, maybe tone it down or change the glyph entirely. That's really all I can think of right now. I tried to keep them somewhat tame, and while some are similar to what other classes have...you have to keep in mind we are playing World of Homogenizedcraft.Lawlbringer2 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Macro help, please Hi! I'm trying to marco my utility spells so that they target my focus as long as the focus is alive, and target me or my target if the focus is dead. The format I've tried, which doesn't work, is: /use [@focus] <spell name>; <spell name> Originally I thought i could just clear focus and the macro would only target me or my target, but even with no focus, I have to physically target myself to get it to work. Any thoughts? The goal is to reduce the need to manually switch targets each time I need to pop a support spell on my partner in arena. SJObernaughti0 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Becoming a Paladin From an RP/lore perspective, how does one become a Paladin and learn how to channel and use the Holy Light? I know that some of the original Paladins from Tides of Darkness were Priests first, so they already knew how to use the Holy Light. But how would a non-Priest learn the ways of the Light? One of my guesses is through a meditation of some sort and learning to commune with the Light. But I have never found any information on how to begin. I'm sure that there is no "Holy Light for Dummies" book in Warcraft.Niccoru15 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Need Help Gearing and Gemming my Prot Pally I been gone since Ulduar released back in 09 so I haven't tanked in a while and they changed the class completely, I read up on my class understand rotations, how to use my spells and etc(still working on when to use my CD"s) but I was wondering what should stats go? is it Stamina Mastery Block Dodge/Parry threat just comes with the gear I assume. also which gems should I be using? mastery/stamina gems?Pallycide5 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Lvl 64 Ret Pally help Hey so i got hacked a while ago and i also havent played on my pally in a while, so i was wondering what should my skill bar look like for my atks. I have absolutely no clue anymore and the Ret pally DPS guide is only good if im lvl 72+ for those 2 skillsGardi0 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Away 5 Months -- Ret Still Unplayable! Hi - I have been playing ret since vanilla in 2004. I have over 300 days played on this guys. I quit WOW b/c of cata ret. I was recently thinking about trying to come back (I miss my guild and all that jazz)...but ret is just too awful. It's clunky, slow, boring and the skill-cap is too low. Please re-do ret at some point so I will at some point desire to play my 6 year old toon again. thanks.Malachi60 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Undead Paladin's Well, if u think about it insted of dismissing it my my retard friends do, Human paladins gotta die somtime right? Undead pallys BOOM! did i just blow ur mind? Plus theyr slowly getting rid of all the undead effects on paladin moves the only 2 thats left is turn evil and holy wrath, and even the it dosent apply for forsaken (horde faction) so it isent an advantage.Ratss30 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 My thoughts on ret Ok, So after leveing my first paladin to level 85 and dong a few raids, I've decided to post my thoughts about this class and spec. (strictly pve for now, i haven't tried any pvp yet) 1. Too many procs. I have now played every class in the game to level 85 and have tested all talent trees. Retribution is by far the most proc heavy class in the game. Having some procs to increase dps is fine, but designing an entire talent tree around them is lazy. I've noticed close to 20% damage difference between fights using the exact same rotation on the exact same boss. This is a problem. 2. Amazing burst damage. I have found that the burst potential of a ret paladin is just awesome. I love the idea of throwing out 5 30k crits in 8 seconds, but i don't like the idea of my damage to be entirely based on rng. Burst is nice but only when it can be used when the player wants it. 3. Holy power is a clunky system. Having an additional resource is fine, but I believe that HP isn't where it needs to be right now. It doesn't flow smoothly and is generally a pain in the !@# to stare at every battle. It seems like this resource system isn't as thought out as runic power/runes or energy/combo points. Holy power needs... something. 4. Amazing defense. Among dps specs, i believe that retrabution is by far the most hardy. It's hard to die as ret with proper use of cooldowns. During wipes, i often find myself to be the last person standing. I like this. 5. Healing... I'm still thinking about this. So there you go. I'm enjoying retrabution quite a bit but i feel like it's really below other dps specs in alot cases. I can't seem to think of a reason to play my ret paladin instead of my lock, warrior or priest for example. Ret just needs something more to make it competivie. Maybe I just need more practice though. Huggingyou2 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 Holy Damage?? What exactly is it? It's not a school of magic but it isn't really implied as Melee. My goal here is learnig how to increase the AOE Damage on my HotR. Avenger's shield gets buffed up from INT and Spellpower right? and judgement?? Holy cow. confusion.Aarøn3 Sep 10, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 Light of Dawn Question I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but can Light of Dawn have a larger "cone" if you spin around while casting it? The graphical effect seems to last enough time that you could spin almost 360 degrees before the "flashlight" effect wears off, but I am not sure if the cone effect is only for the direction when the spell is first cast. Mithrennon3 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 How do you beat an enhance shaman as ret? Wtf its like they go insane for the 10 seconds your word of glory is on cd how do you beat them in duelsRaritymlp1 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 4.3 Ret Pvp Hopes I think in general a nerf is needed to our burst damage atm because it is insane. I also feel that are regular rotation is so boring without any buttons to hit at times while we wait for crusader strike to come off of cd. A few of my ideas are to: Nerf Sanctified Wrath so we can no longer hammer of wrath with wings. This should reduce our burst dmg enough to be on par or slightly above other classes. Bring back Divine Storm with separate cd from Crusader Strike so we have another button to hit and it will increase our dps. I also feel our judgement should apply a slow to a target anywhere from 30-50% Its annoying that we can't know anyone off a mount unless we have all our stuns off of cd and even though they can still ride away. Idk these are some ideas that I think will help ret in the future. Any further insight is appreciated.Tyerone10 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 Tier 12 four set bonus (holy) Is there any way to see how if affects heals in World of Logs, or is it included in your holy light, flash, and devine spells? I was hoping to see how much healing the 4 set adds to my throughput by looking at world of logs. I tried to see if I could tell by looking at other holy pallys but I don't see anything indicative of that. I just got my four set the other day. Othan than that, how are everyone's feeling about the holy 4 set?Wildflower3 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 One way to boost ret dps I think one simple way Blizz could boost ret dps would be to let exorcism procs to give 1 point of holy power just like how prot's avenger shield procs give holy power. This would allow more/quicker templar verdicts and provide a dps boost. Just something I thought would be useful for ret palys. Thanks.Crusàder0 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 Preformance of ret. Hello fellow pallys! I have been looking around for a while but cant seem to find anything solid about ret DPS. I currently tank but was thinking about working on a ret set. Was wondering if its worth the effort. Is the DPS output competitive as far as PVE compared to other classes? Or are we still severely behind? Thank you for your input folks!Anarchie2 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 Rate the transmogrification sets above you. This thread is to share your hoarded vanity items, and to rate others you see. I'll kick it off with mine. I have three. http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=60415:34193:60413:46874:34240:34485:60416:60516:70231;32354:30998:28662:60414:32606:34167:34561:46874:18867;49475:40869:70914:22999:70949:70933:70947:70108:18865:43085 Left: Retribution PvP set. Middle: Retribution PvE set Right: Protection PvE SetWestfaller12 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 soloable old school raids? im 372 ilvl ret pally wanting to know which raids are soloable. I do it for old tier pieces as well as gold . Ive dont the classic raids but im interested in which bc raids and bosses can be soloed.Krimsonvamp1 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 How to properly make ret unique One thing this game struggles with is keeping classes unique (and another huge issue is balance). In order to combat this, as well as the fact that holy is the only SP gear wearer in the game, and make ret self heals on par with other melee classes, here is what I propose: 1) Make baseline spells SELF TARGET only (give holy a talent that allows appropriate spells to be cast-able on others). 2) Make ret dmg primarily holy and have it scale off SP instead of AP. We would still use 2h weps but our dmg output would be like that of a caster. Low white high special. Our self heals would also be brought back up to par with other classes as well, and our uniqueness would be set in stone as the only melee class that does spell dmg. Some points before people start trolling: "Holy can't be resisted!" No one stacks resist, so that doesn't matter. "Casters have to cast!" Sometimes yes, but they also have range to buy them time. "Those heals would be OP!" Nerf the baseline. Also, they would still be cast-time spells, meaning you get to run when we have to heal unlike a rogue or warrior. Sure theres some other critiques but I'll try to answer those as they come up. Whatcha think?Akaidian11 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 Changing ret's playstyle. As many ret players have realized, ret was decent during patch 4.1 and now feels nerfed during patch 4.2 in regards to pve dps. It is not a huge difference in dps but just enough that we will be behind any other dps with equal skill and gear. The only thing that does give us a chance of being higher than all other classes is RNG. And that is really unfavorable and lackluster for us. I recommend that we need an improvement to proc chance. It was the original design for hand of light proc chance to increase as new raids were introduced and our gear improved. As it is still just the same value as the beginning of Cataclysm, this could be what is causing ret to suffer. There are two fixes to this that I can think of. 1) Add increased proc chance to our mastery rating. 2) Add an additional mechanic to templar's verdict.The haste benefit to crusader strike cd looks good but so far it hasnt smoothened ret's rotation at all. Maybe an added bonus could be every successful templar's verdict increases haste by a small percentage. This could also open up windows in that one holy power templar's verdicts can be a strategy.Leonji0 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 Transmog Shields and the like Well my fellow crusaders of the light, lets see what kind of sets your going with for 4.3s transmog system. Also post some shields, as I am not sure which would fit best with my planned set. So far using the t5 set (missing helm still..damn you lady vashj...) or the t4 set. Weapons: [item="The Unbreakable Will" /] or [item="Fang of the Leviathan" /] and so far the only shields ive come up with is a caster wrathful pvp one...havnt found any others that match well. And please don't reply with Bulwark. Yes it's awesome, but yes everyone will have it. And it doesn't match my set.Regeros16 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 Noob question on my new ret Pally Hey guys I just turned 34 and I don't know if its me or if maybe the animation but my toon seems to run faster now then before. Is it me or is there some passive skill going on that makes my run speed a little faster. Sorry for the noobness lol...Sojorn3 Sep 9, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 Voice your concerns about paladins ( long ) Hello, I'm creating this thread because I'm concerned about the way our class is going. I'm not the tipicle ( I want to be op ) player, so please understand that I don't want to hear about how we could be changed to be supper strong. What I'm looking for is your concernes about the state of the paladin class ( all specs included ). I started a paladin because they were fairly week compaired to the other classes at the time, I picked a ret paladin for the reason of being able to supprise people about what paladins could do. My goal was to play my paladin so well that after a bg was over some one would re-roll a paladin to see what they were like. However with the state of paladins as they are in PvP and PvE I feel like compaired to the other classes we are far worse off than we were pre-bc. Let me explaine why, pre-bc not every class had nearly as much health as they do now, and the paladin class design ( deffensive dps ) worked well. However with health being as high as they are and paladins heals being quite week compaired to other classes ( rogues, dks, warriors all having better healing than we do without destroying dps to get it ) I'm feeling almost like a tank trying to use a 2h weapon, not enough damage to kill anything and not enough survivability to live threw it either. My damage is quite low compaired to other classes without my cds popped, to be fair my damage is far higher than most during that time where my cds are popped ( arcane mages and shadow priests are still higher burst ). However with my wings being dispellable and with so many other classes being able to dispell magic they simply don't last that long. now low damage isn't that bad if we can tank what damage we do take ( the way we were intented from the start ) however with the nerfs to our healing and no damage to compencate we are left out in the cold. We don't have the damage to compete with other classes and we don't have the survivability to let us stay alive long enough to kill them anyway. --------------- Don't get me wrong, I love my class and I will play it untill the end of wow, I will not stop playing or cancel my acount over my class being bad. I will do what I always have and power threw the bad times in the hopes of it getting better. I'm just wondering what plans blizz has in the works to try to fix paladins. I'm not trying to do their jobs or say ( do this and it will be fine ) so please dont make this thread into ( if they would only give us a slow we would be fine ) because thats not what this is ment to be. This thread is ment to be a place where paladins could voice concerns about the class, not try to give ideas on how to fix it. ---------------- My concerns are as follows 1. Rets damage is far lower than other classes, so much so that I can't find a 1900+ rbg guild that will let me in because of it. do you have any intentions of fixing this problem? 2. If rets damage is ment to be lower since we are a deffensive damage class, what do you have in the works to support that play style? 3. holy paladins are quite a bit over powered in pvp at this time, do you have any intentions of possibly lowering holly paladins mana regen? 4. if ret paladins are ment to not have a slow and long arm of the law simply dosn't cut it in most pvp situtations do you have any intentions on fixing this? and how would you fix it? 5. I beleve that ret has become far to dumbed down if you will, do you have any intentions on bringing choices back into the play style ( using 1 seal over the other for a different effect )? yes I understand that you can use justice or trueth but that is hardly a choice. ----------------------- Please put any concerns you may have in the same format I have used above. I would love open conversations and would love to see your opinions, but please do not flame, I want to keep this thread constructive in hopes of a responce reguarding our questions. Please understand I'm dyslexic, and I did the best I could with my spelling. Thanks CedianCedian18 Sep 9, 2011