Paladin

Aug 30, 2011 64 Ret Paladin in Battlegrounds -TWO- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBXT4j7Mao New and improved tell me what you guys think I tweaked it based on the reactions my first one got so you should like this more.Majinßuu6 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 [Firebound Gorget] Vs Vp Tanking neck Which is better? Less mastery but I would think the dodge puts the vp slight over the [Firebound Gorget] but I'm not sure. P.S. - not the upgraded [Firebound Gorget] just the regularRhadamir2 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Rate the Pallys name above you! you can even leave what your thoughts are about the name too. dont be a #!@%.Billybeard3 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Buff ret Buff Ret is considrably horrible right now and needs a buff... My best idea give art of war a holy power proc when used, and shorten attack cd's along with returning devine storm to how it was in wrath.Wockaflocka4 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Holy Paladin PVP RBGs Tips please My guild runs rated bgs weekly and sometimes we are short a healer, so I took the recent AV weekend to turn my holy pally into a pvp healer. So I'll confess, I am now 15/17 season 10er, with no pvp healing experience (yah yah, insert scrub av comments here). While I have rbg experience on my lock (1500ish), I have never healed in a pvp context. So some questions - 1) Am I running with too much spirit? 2) Talents okay? 3) What is the main spell being used? I know you shock every chance you get, and word of glory whenever possible, but whats your filler? Is it always FoL casts and rarely HL or is it HL mainly? 4) I assume in flag carry you are beaconing the carrier. In king of the hill are you beaconing yourself or another defender? I assume hpallys always do hill defense cause theyre so annoying for small groups to get rid of, right? Do you ever go on the attack after the initial rush? 5) How do you manage your cooldowns? Which do you use first? 6) Defense tips? I obviously human racial out of the first thing that puts me in trouble, but I often find myself quickly having to bubble and once bubble is gone I dont do well. My lock is destro and it seems like he outlasts this pally against more than one person. 7) All of the auras are kind of crappy for pvp it seems. Ret is worthless, crusader is no good after the initial ride, spell pene negates all of resistance, so that leaves conc (whch is at least good for aura mastery) or devotion. What do you use? 8) Any other random tips?Alys7 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Need a good healing addon Hello forums. I just finished farming for some heirlooms for my holy paladin which I just recently started leveling. I am looking for a specific addon that I have heard might exist among healing addons. If not, any other alternatives are welcome so long as they are easy to use and setup. To the point. I need an addon that will allow me the simply mouse over someone's party frame and cast a heal to heal them without having to click their frame or hit a key to target their frame. I was told something about mouse over macros but it sounded quite confusing to me. If anyone knows of such an addon feel free to share it with me. Thanks in advance =)Darkania9 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Toolbar / Hotkey / UI questions Hi folks. I am returning to WoW after a long absence and have redone my talents in light of the last several expansions. Granted, I didn't play WoW for very long previously either. I am a prot pally who enjoys doing instances. Previously I had one hotkey bar for solo questing (it had a ret/dps focus) and one hotkey bar for instances, which had the hotkeys for all my aoe threat/emergency buttons. I feel like I might be missing something though, because as I level and get more talents I want to utilize regularly, I obviously don't have room for them on my one hotkey bar. I have been adding my slightly less used skills (loh, divine protection) to a second bar that I can flip to, but that is cumbersome. What do you guys do? Do you have extra hotkeys, or do you actually click on the "floating" hotkeys with your mouse? I tried to search for answers to this, but I don't think I had the right search terms. Thanks for your help. P.S. If anyone has an extra moment, I would really appreciate some prot pally explaining how their hotkeys are organized for most- to least-used. ie, what is the rotation that you use while doing instances?Bluepally1 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Thank you Holy I'd like to thank all those Healer types that have saved my sorry !@#$ more than once. Used to LOL an Healidins, 2 button wonders. Well I am here to say I stand corrected. I rolled one to see why Some( Not all ) Holy palies were bad. Well My healer is currently at lvl 30, yea yea I know it gets better higher, but I am starting to see why It can be hard, and fun to play a holy healer. Nothing like the priest, which I had played all the way to Cata, + the ques are much shorter :-) So once again Thanks. And Bliz WTB Healing plate for lower levels, cause at 40 the Shaman gear just doesn't look right :-)Todar0 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Any ret have this problem? I got started late doing rated bg's so I started a few weeks back but it seems even when you are so desperate you will join the people posting LFM Low MMR Rated Battlegrounds I get the response, Ret sucks man can you go holy? or Rets are useless man, your wings get stolen you cant pump out the damage we need...and the ones that do let me join always tell me no at first and then invite me when they can't find another class. It is REALLY annoying and the sad part is I agree with them mostly. I fair well in pvp, but its my skill *i feel im above average* but if you take any of the other melee classess and match them with a ret paladin of equal skill they will destroy you everytime, that's my rant.Bubblewrath23 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 HoJ or WoG? What spec are you all running for pvp as ret? And what for? (BGs/RBGs/Arenas 2s, 3s) Also has anyone messed with Eye for an Eye? I'm tryin it out just cause I'm sick of copying people's specs down to a T. Haha.Lionhært1 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 "BloodKnight" (Yourname) I made this armor set specifcally to tmog, and I am calling it my "BloodKnight" set. Anyway, after completing this, I was thinking that it would be amazing to have the "Bloodknight" title for anyone who has completed the paladin quest line pre cata and earned the tabard and mount. I know allot of new pallies would not be happy about that, but it would be really sweet for those of us who did that stuff when it still required help to complete. Anyway, what's your thoughts on my idea? How about my armor set? What's your "Paladin" armor set going to look like?Oroko2 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Ret Pallies (PvE), CS Slowness & You! I noticed last night during a ZA/ZG run that I seemed to be waiting noticeably longer between attacks than I can recall over the past few weeks anyway. I found myself checking for slow debuffs because it just seemed like there were many times I was counting almost a full 4 seconds while Crusaders Strike came of GC and there were no other procs to hit in the mean time. I bring this up now because for one I know there's been talk that haste may not be as low on the totem pole as it once was but it just seemed to suddenly happen after Tuesday. Now I will state I did upgrade my belt to 378 and my overall Haste is down about 1% from 8% to 7% but my mastery went up almost a point as well from 17.5 t 18.5. However, I'm also wondering if maybe I was just suffering from lag or maybe just happened to have an hour or so of bad procs? The game didn't feel laggy though, only my Crusader Strike GCD and I've never experienced that consistent of bad luck in procs so I'm kind of at a loss. I wanted to see if any other Ret Pallies as of Tuesday's update or recently have experienced an unexpected feeling of overall slower GCD on Crusaders Strike that seemed to leave them feeling like they were literally waiting for at least a full 3 seconds or so to press a button. I feel like this has lowered my dps during the fights overall but my main concern is something felt different. I mean I really thought something was off and it was noticeable. At this point I may attempt to quit using Mr Robot for reforges (which has always done well by me in the past) and reforge out of crit into haste to try to get my haste back up to 8%. Prior to obtaining my belt and reforging, if I am recalling correctly, I had approximately 8% for haste, hit and crit and mastery of about 17ish.Sarvan27 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Prot pally having trouble I am VERY new at tanking. Up til this point on my pally i've been ret and only pvp'd. I've been thinking about making this pally for strictly pve tanking after i hit 85 however im already running into problems in just level 70 dungeons. I constantly run out of mana and never know what seals to use in each pull. Pve is completely different than pvp and its been tough getting the hang of it on my own. Pls help!Jezele5 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Main stats for a Ret Paladin? What are the main stats I should be looking at for my Ret Paladin pvp? What should I get up first and what should I not worry about. Haste, Hit, Crit, Expertise or Mastery?Zirhc5 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Rate the Prot Paladin above you. Bored...Not exactly the best geared, but let's start this.Tyrial0 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Pally Tanks and Threat My first reaction when I enter a troll heroic on my frost dk and I see the tank is a pally is one of exasperation. I've had problems with ripping threat off pretty much every pally tank I've had even though threat just got a buff. Is there a way I can adjust my play style to help aggo management for pally tanks? BTW, I do put tanks on focus so I can assist them, but a lot of the pally tanks I've had swap targets pretty rapidly so it's hard to keep up.Moesyzslak16 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Ret PVP Stats Just Curious as to what follow Ret Pallies Strength, Mastery, Hit and Crit stats are at. I'm almost in full Ruthless and My hit, Crit and Mastery all seem a bit low.Toxisety14 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Ret pally dps I felt that during the BoT and BWD raids ret pallys pulled competitive dps compared to other classes. I occasionally topped dps charts. In the present tier 12, it feels like our dps is much lower in comparison to the top dps classes. My question is, would our dps be even lower for tier 13? If that's the case, it would be better to gear an alt for the next raid tier.Leonji9 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 paladin t2 judgement set so if this is the wrong place to post this im sorry but im getting mixed answers im lvling a pally and i want the t2 set it looks cool and id like to have it but i cant find if it still drops and from what raids any help would be awesome thanks :)Ninjadude11 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 From here on out... The only acceptable Paladin races are Human (Male/Female), BE (Female/FeMALE), Dreanei (Female). All else are monstrosities.Kimikaro13 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 BG chat i have a question about communication in BGs. so i was in this BG and a smart@@# lock had the gull to say " you fail" and " your dead, can i have your boots and " dont worry, ill take care of your girl" in chat window after i died. now- he didnt say it directly to me or whisper it to me, but i did notice that in [--] it said common.. as so [common]. i was under the impression that communication between fractions wasnt possible. just would like to know how that was possible. i tried to do something similar, but couldnt get it to work. i do have to admit what he said was hilarious, but not so much if i cant do it alsoMóurnblade4 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Ret Pallies are nerfed BIG TIME I have raided with 3 guilds--I am number 3 on my server Ret Pally--We are at the bottom of the DPS chart period--And I hate to say --but 99 pct of the people that play this game DPS is the major factor-of keeping or dropping a player! Every class out DPS's us with equal gear!--Every--unless you have someone that does not know their class! ASK any top play--RET pally is the worst mdps!--period--I hope WoW fixes this!Killbilly21 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Female Dwarf Paladins! Am I the only one? :(Mogriya5 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 -wave- new pally, hello!Imbluu4 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Boots Hey, I just started raiding with my guild, funest thing in the game in my opinion. I just looted Life Force Chargers and before i had Eternal Pathfinders..Cant decide on what to use. Etermal pathfinders have critical strike rating which i kind of need as a pally, any help would be appreciated.Caterina6 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Best professions for pally? What's the best prof for pallies?Lostlock10 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Insta-Heals for all! Who needs to cast anymore? Lol shock for 40k Lol Wog for 60k Yes!Locknrolled15 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 holy pally arena Hey. Guys im gunna start arenas again ending last season in 2 K ratting in 2's and 3's.....I was wondering if I should use the heroic eye of blazing powertrinket instead of the hp trinket Kim wearing...also if anything I should change let me know :)Lilshadooww6 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Holy Newbie - Gear question Hi there, just a quick question. As a holy paladin is it wrong for me to be using the current shield I have equipped? I've been lvling through rdf and gearing as I go for int & spirit, atm it seems this is the best I can find. I've been thown alittle doubt recently and it's mainly why I ask. A tank asked me where my holy spec gear was on entering a random dungeon, the run went fine no one died once, didn't oom. But if someone could set me straight i'd really appreciate it :) Thanks in advance.Delaina3 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 Glyph of Exorcism vs Glyph of Crusader Strike Just wondering if anyone has done any recent testing on which one is better for ret. Because looking at it seems like Crusader Strike might actually be a bigger dps increase since it's always going to be up and with talents it will easily have around a 40% crit chance. Wouldn't that also greatly boost our dps from mastery also? Again just curious because I'm trying to find that small thing that might help boost my dps, and lately it seems like I'm getting hardly any procs. Edit: Also completely forgot that our t12 two piece bonus is also based around Crusader Strike.Leonaris3 Aug 30, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 pvp stats quick questions about my str. i gem all str. and i get 5063 when i equip this trinket- vicious emblem tenacity, which gives me 3783 resill. but at times i really like to use my dwyers caber trinket, for a 340 str. boost which puts me at 5420, but i get 3443 resill. so i geuss my question/ questions would be - whats is the average str. for a ret pally and should i abandon the str. trinket idea? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moknathal/m%C3%B3urnblade/simpleMóurnblade2 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Behold. Sulfuras! http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/Tricky557/?action=view&current=Sulfuras.jpg For our holy paladin.Tritonis18 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Holy Paladins and Spirit Hey guys, At the start of 4.2 i noticed we got a few mana nerfs to our abilities and i didnt think much of it at the time as i thought it was a scale more than an actual nerf. But as time went on i find myself running our of mana alot in arena and aswell in dungeons. this was while i was at 1.6k spirit. i am now currently at 2k spirit and things are alot better but im still having mana issues. i looked up guides specs and all that but no luck. So is it that paladins are just that kind of class that are unfriendly to mana pools and regen or is 2k spirit just not high enough ? (for those of u who are wondering , yes i use HoJ everytime its up as well as my racial Arcane Torrent.Aerong8 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Paladin Vs Druid Which one is better at tanking and healing or dps ? I'm thinking about rolling one or the other.Trasp10 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Ret vs Blood DK What are some tips to kill a Blood DK 1v1? Rets dont have a great kiting ability that is almost needed to kill them. Going toe to toe just ends up with them DSing me to death with little or no damage done to them at the end. Kiting with AW and Hammer only gets so far.Lysandër6 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 HOJ vs WOG Ret PVP Which spec is better the HOJ or WOG spec and why.Toxisety8 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 my AoE macro This is the macro I use for AoE on my lvl 32 ret pally: /castsequence reset=6 Divine Storm,Holy Wrath,Consecration Does anyone have any pointers, improvements. I only use this macro if there are 4 or more mobs that don't go down easy.Scrombat0 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Hpally spec for fullmetal http://www.wowhead.com/talent#schrdrduzfo0bZcrz work with this and tweak it if you like, you can also go further down the prot tree to get a better CD on your HJ, it all depends on your 2v2 partner Sunshaper0 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Protection Paladin T12? Ok so I'm trying to decide at the moment whether or not I should go for 4p t12. Currently I feel like it's a decent bonus but am a bit worried about the stats concerning it. If I take the chest piece I'd gain dodge/parry which in comparison to my current chest is bad. The shoulder piece I'm not worried to much about since its only slightly worse then my current one. However my current one is a little bit better. Right now I need to know, is the 4p bonus really worth it that it'd be better to throw away my current BIS chest/shoulder piece?Ullro2 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 simple ret changes (pvp) 1. long arm of the law - 8 yrds (not 15) 2. pursuit of justice : you have a 100% chance to gain a charge of holy power when struck by a stun, fear, immobolize and CROWD CONTROL effect. Many times, ive found myself in long CC chains, my team mate is low and if i had 3 holy power a 40k WoG would be very helpful. ret off healing is great especially with wings up and when specced into Last Word, ive thrown 97k WoG's onto team mates before, and its easy to do during zealotry. but difficult if a team mate is bursted while you have zero holy power. 3. zealotry is now a 1 minute cooldown. A filler inbetween wings would really help ret to either put out damage, or effectively offheal in dire situations between burst phases. I wish haste was attractive in more ways then just lowering the CD of crusader strike, faster holy power generation would really help ret. 4. holy power still awarded when dodged/ parried. Honestly i could live without number 4 if the first 3 changes were made. some people may think number 3 is overpowered. I personally think it would really help.Smoove0 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Holy pvp and pve Hi there, i was looking on this forum for a good holy pvp build to go with a frost/blood DK or a good holy PVE guid but it seem lacking, there is only theorycraft about holy. I guess ill have to find out whats the best :P for pvp i was thinking going with that spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#bc00!YPbThTZQYg!j!Sb!fURjQkPMq I will be doing more BG and hanging with my buddy all the time. Going for some damage and heal at the same with. Throwing him a heal, heal me and judging heal me etc. I would like to have more ideas or insight on it. for pve i was thnking going with that spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#bc00!bPgZhTQQSZ!jg!Yd!UgRjQkMKq i dont have alot of knowledge on the new paladin of cataclysm so if people could enlightened me a bit, i would really love and what about reforge , stats priority for pve/pvp etc. thanks in advance! :)Lyho6 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Ret Stats What stats should i get for ret?Lîadrin3 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Ret Trinkets So currently as you can see I am using the heroic heart of rage and the license to slay as my 2 trinkets. The question I have been pondering for quite some time now is, is it worth it to replace the license with the Avengers of Hyjal trinket? I will be losing a lot of hit and a TON of base strength. The 1277 str on the avengers one isn't that much especially as an on use, even though it has a 1 minute cd. But seeing that all retadin cd's are on a 2 minute cd besides GoAK is it worth the replacement? ThanksZoaxlis8 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Holy Shocking enemy players I'm trying to make a holy shock macro that will heal my mouseover, or me if I don't have a mouseover. The problem is that whenever someone attacks me I'm forced to target them, then I end up holy shocking them, or if I happen to be targeting an enemy to judge or stun or rebuke them I accidently waste a shock on them. Heres the macro I am currently using, if anyone could suggest something that would work better that would be awesome, thanks. #showtooltip /cast [target=mouseover, exists,][noharm] Holy Shock; Holy ShockSalamanders11 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Amount of Resil for holy Paladin Hey I wonder what a good amount of resil to have for a holy paladin? I ' m sitting on 3.5 k with a Tsunami card and 3. 9k with Ruthless Gladiator's Insignia of Dominance . I am also wondering what the best trinket for holy paladins for pvp. All this is for RBGS btw. Ezkieo1 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 3v3s. Add ons. Help plz. Anyone want to tell me some add ons to get to help myself out, anything to give me an edge.Malurdren0 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Character check Just after a quick inspection from a few people to let me know if im on the right track or not with leveling & gearing for max dps. This is my first melee class character. Thinking of giving up mining in favour of Blacksmithing. I think im speccing the talent tree correctly? Might have got it wrong on the glyphs, not to sure. I do have a couple of two handed maces that are higher level than my current sword with better stats but ive been told the sword is supposedly better, can anyone shed some light on that? Spartanv0 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Holy Pally Boas? So was thinking of leveling a holy pally but I heard that as of the new patch boas that arent your armor type ie plate don't effect you. So you can no longer use the Shammy mail gear for holy pallys. Is this true? Also are there any Boas to use then?Draazz2 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Tidy Plates addon for healing in Bg's Got a couple questions for any seasonsed holy pallys who care to help me out... So my main spec is prot and use the tidy plates threat plates which I'm very happy with. Now I've recently gone holy for PVP and want to know how some of you guys have your tidy plates set up for healing. I'm not really sure how to go about configuring them the way that I want them. I've tried and just can't seem to get it correct. Basically what I want is to be able to see friendly green health bars for those in combat...and turn off the enemy ones. Pretty much the opposite of what my threat plates do. And if there is anyway to somehow incorporate debuffs into the bars. Thanks in advance. Rockmunster0 Aug 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 Need a name for Ret pally I just recently transfered to a new realm and my old name was taken >.< So i came here to make sure i get the best name :) any suggestionsEbbay4 Aug 29, 2011