Jul 12, 2011 Questions about Protection Specc! Hello everyone! I am new to World of Warcraft - I have been playing this character for a couple of days - and have rolled a Paladin. Now, ingame I have been ridiculed for playing Retribution, so I specced Protection. Now, I know Protection is for holding all the enemies and keeping them away from your less armored buddies. Is it any good - and / or complicated - at end game? I've had a pretty bad experience with running out of mana due to Consecration and all, and what I'm asking is, Does the mana regeneration / pool / whatever you want to call it get any better at higher levels? Thanks. =)Iyasu5 Jul 12, 2011
Jul 12, 2011 Hpally PvP help I'm new too healing and just looking for some tips and pointers. ~ What too gem ~ Is Mastery worth gemming/reforging ~ Spirt? I don't see much on the Vicious S10 gear ~ Talent tree ~ Main healing spells to be casting. ( I notice I go oom fairly quickly, but i am taking into account my current gear situation)... And no I'm not spamming Flash of Light. I'm also looking forward too putting this toon into arena 2,s/3's mostly and I'm interested in a way to basically tab between allies instead of clicking I'm sure i could find a way too keybind them just asking for some personal points of view. Anything really will help. KimaKimahari8 Jul 12, 2011
Jul 12, 2011 Holy Paladins, i need advice I'm in a PVP guild and I love the coordination and skill of the players. The healers are great and I rarely have to even watch my health unless I do something stupid. My goal was to make the 1st RBG team but with so many fine players, I would settle for team number 2. So, in trying to get better, I wonder what I can do from a healer's perspective to make your job easier and insure I get what I need from you and stay alive?Agincourt3 Jul 12, 2011
Jul 12, 2011 World Pvp - Prot Style. Hello please forgive the broken english it not first. :( That be said. I see many people upset how prot pvp it is dead and horrible. But I Meru love the prot style of pvp it is alot of fun. here I made just a promo pvp video of a vol that will soon come out. please forgive that I make mistake of fraps while music player is on D: so you will hear music that was play when fraps happened in pvp :( sometime have habit of repeat music ;) hope all enjoy. it just a little bit of what will soon come out. thank you all for you time and enjoy~~~ Jul 12, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 I am using Seal of insight..... I have tried using other seals for tanking, but it seems I struggle unless I am using insight. I know it is probably just a crutch as I am leveling, but my question is, am I losing anything by using this seal, like threat or damage, and will survivability get better when I hit Cata, and gear better? I am reading the forums, and I am seeing no threads on if insight is a detriment or a benefit to use. The general consensus that I am reading is to use SoT or SoR.Squìre29 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Professions for ret pally What professions are the best for a ret pally go in PVE.Squorpio3 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Please help me get better... I honestly don't know what I am doing wrong... I know i'm missing a ring (couple points away from band of bees) and a proper PvE weapon (speaking of which, anything pre-raid I should get?) but just tonight I was doing Cho'gall... doing a whopping piss poor amount of 10k DPS. (which lead to us not downing him... not all my fault of course, but getting yelled at sucks) I use clcret and obeyed the mechanics of that fight but no matter what my dps is always low it seems, I have no idea on how we downed council with our groups dps.... Any info on what I need to do would be great, I know ret dps can be amazing but dear god this is frustrating with the procs and etc while mr.mage is over there pressing 2 buttons and topping the charts.Arixyle6 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Light of Dawn - Worth it? Heya! I'm just starting to gear this Pally again for healing, since I am having more time to play WoW lately. I would like to get into raiding within another week or 2, but was wondering about LoD. I rarely use it as it is, and it seems like now Word of Glory is even better than it already was. I don't use LoD in 5mans, and from what I hear, it's pretty much worthless in 10mans as well. If I don't ever plan on doing 25mans, can I just spec out of it? Thanks for input!!Keeya2 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 pally or shaman for pvp healing? Ive been playing holy for a long time, and as far as PvP goes I see that its not really how much healing you can do, Its how much utility you can bring that wins. So I see resto shamans packed with utility, mobility, and outright healing power and Im wondering if starting an R.Sham would be better for my team than a holy paladin. Thoughts?Liandria6 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Ret Could it get any worse? Having the lowest DPS in heriocs? And getting kicked for that fact. I get higher DPS as prot aswell -.- When will Blizzard listen? Having less then 5K dps while doing runs isn't unusual. Atleast with prot the AoE spells have enough punch to keep up the dps. Is there any way that ret isn't entirely useless?Mercydeath32 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Oh look, another what am I doing wrong thread I'm mainspec Prot, however currently needing to run Holy for times we simply have too many tanks around, this is my 2nd raid I've healed this whole expansion. For WotLK I was main spec holy, and had zero issues. That is my WoL for Staghelm 25man. I am primarily tank healing. I've been HS on cooldown, alternating DL/HL for the tank damage. HR and LoD during group up phases. WoG on tank during spread out phases. Keeping beacon on tank for ToR. I realize now, that I completely forgot about Divine Favor and wings the entire fight. Would just the simply lack of using these cooldowns cause me to do so poorly in comparison to the rest of my healing team?Disappoint2 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Prot Paladin hit The day before 4.2 hit, I saw a Prot Paladin reforging for hit - EVERY item was reforged for hit. I confronted him and he said it would be needed in 4.2. I thought he was crazy. I saw another Prot Paladin running around, again, with hit forged into his tanking gear. I don't recall the patch decreasing our threat generation and EJ doesn't mention hitting a certain hit rating. I tanked a ZA today without any issues, but I want to make sure my stats and such are still appropriate for the patch. Am I missing something about hit rating?Rillim27 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Holy PVE Stat Priority I have been looking through a lot of threads here and creeping people's armoury profiles to see their reforges, but thus far, I have been unable to get myself a clear answer. My question is: what stats have what priority, and when should I reforge what? For example, I see a lot of paladins reforging crit to haste, but then there are also a lot of people who say that crit has higher priority now that crit heals are 200% of a non crit heal. In regards of spirit, I also see a lot of paladins going crit and haste over spirit, but many PVE paladin guides recommend a healthy amount of spirit to last through longer fights. I am still getting ready for raiding, and when I hit that point, I would like to be able to do my job efficiently. So, what exactly should I do?Artanna10 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Flash of Light. So near the end of tier 11 content my guild stopped at 4/13 heroics, i found myself decked out in all epics with maybe 3-4 heroic pieces, good gear sure, but not the best. when i got to this point gear wise and we started doing the heroics past 4/13 and some prior, i found myself using FoL a lot more then i ever did before. i always had the mentality of... spam divine light during heavy tank damage, holy shock off CD, plea off CD when safe, and have holy light ready for soft damage period to save mana, pretty basic stuff when you also throw a couple utility CDs in there (sac, AM) but near the end of that content and going into this one, im using FoL...maybe too much? i dont keep up with the theroycrafting as much as i should giving the content im aiming to clear but i always considerd myself a pretty "skilled" Holy pally, been doing it for 5 years. but i read in a lot of post "Flash of light is bad, overall waste of mana", "Dont flash heal ever unless in a dire no choice fianl 5% of boss fight with 100% mana situation" (ok...maybe exaggerated there...) so i guess to FINALLY get to the point of my post, is using flash heal often REALLY that bad? i mean i dont really ever have mana issues if the fight is going correctly. i of course use divine light and everything a lot still , but i have moments where i'll maybe flash heal 5-6 times in a row. am i ONLY hurting myself by getting those players faster heals? i mean the way i see it is, i healed them faster too full for less mana then a divine light would? maybe Flash heal = raid heal , Divine light = tank heal ( thats how i see it ) cause when you look at peoples health pools and the damage they take it seems like getting 26-30k divine lights ( 50k+ crits these days ) can sometimes be overkill, even more so when another healer hits them with a heal... why not heal them too full faster for less? even if its only 600 mana less...still saving mana what are other holy paladins thoughts on Flash of Light in a raid situation? (not really about pvp in this thread, sorry ) to kinda show what im talking about here is a WoW logs for the last cho'gall kill we did before 4.2 ( week before). i know ONE log isnt a good sample size but if you look at the paladin below me you will noticed flash of light is not one his list of skills used , where FoL is 2nd most used ( below HR) on mine Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Your assistance is requested Hi All, I was hoping to solicit advice regarding the future of this toon. I'm working on transitioning to heroics and was wondering the following: 1. Am I well equipped enough for heroics? 2. Which heroic is likely the best to start on (i.e. easiest.) 3. Do you have any suggestions for character development? Thanks for any constructive answers and any humorous answers as well!Texican14 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Pally is OP (with visual proof) Jus sayin hammer of justice is jacked up.Remingtonn9 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Ret pallies being laughed at First of all, I've been playing a pally since Vanilla. Through all the ups and downs I still enjoy the class, ret most of all. But ever since cata it's been extremely difficult for a ret pally. Just last night I tried to get into a BH run and the raid leader just replied back "hahaha". It's demoralizing and depressing that this is what I have to deal with now as a ret pally.Imthefool34 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Thanks for killing holy paladins... I wrote a long post, but its not required, you know what you have done to the class. Even the word clunky does not begin to describe it. I play both a priest and a paladin, and i shiver when i get on my paladin, the mana is all wrong, the spells dont feel right. There is no synergy. Its not the players fault you dont know what to do with the class and have constantly nerfed and changed the class. Every patch have to relearn how to play a no fun class. If it was fun or dynamic i wouldnt mind. Deadbud23 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Judgement Targeting bugged? Hello, I just made a few macros for judgement to cast on my target's target (else cast on my target if an enemy) but it just auto targets the target instead. I remade the macro with Exorcism instead of Judgement, and it works as intended without changing my current target. Is Judgement messed up? Or is it me? Here is the macro (a combo exorcism/judgement macro, mainly for questing): #showtooltip Judgement /cast [harm,mod:ctrl][@targettarget,harm,mod:ctrl]Exorcism;[harm][@targettarget,harm]Judgement The separate Judgement macro: #showtooltip Judgement /cast [harm] Judgement [target=targettarget,harm] Judgement The separate Exorcism macro: #showtooltip Exorcism /cast [harm] Exorcism [target=targettarget,harm] Exorcism Shinobï2 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Holy light glitched or reworked? Hey guys, Ive been doing some testing and noticed a few things regarding the absorb shield from mastery. A 12k Holy light crit gives me about 11k absorb, where as a 51k Divine light gives me the same if not less. (This is without the crusade or any other buffs). Also, while I was testing the shields out I found that over healing stacks up, I got a shield to a 38426 shield. Is this a glitch or when did they change the way all this worked, because I'm pretty sure in 4.1 there was no shield absorb stacking and the bigger your crit was the more the shield absorbed, not what spell is used. Just curious. Pryds2 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Why can't all Paladin specs be Int based? I read how Blizzard is upset about how, Holy Paladins are in a very unique situation. The spec is the only one in the game with its one unique gear. I have thought about this for a while, and stumbled upon an idea: see title. It wouldn't necessarily require any changes to the class as it sits. Just make it so that spirit can affect hit rating for all three specs, or at least ret as it already does with holy. Personally, I think being Intellect based makes more sense than strength from a lore perspective, as a Paladin should draw it's "Strength" from the light and not the other way around. Just an idea. Thanks for reading.Alteraz2 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 CLCret Got my 4pc set tonight, and was wondering if there were any changes for clcret for the priority rotation. was using the following with 2 pc inqa inqr cs tv exo how j hw cons Time before refresh : 3 Min Hp for Inq Apply : 1 Min Hp for Inq Refresh : 1 Hp Delay : 0 (Due to 4.1 latency fixes) help a fellow ret out plzBenzin2 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Odd and end thought. Ret's role in the game. Truth be told, Ret being middle of the road Deeps works for me, because we bring a lot of potential utility..though I was wondering how this could be altered. Spec wise, if we just wanted to "ahahaha!" top the deeps chart, we'd play a class that's all about the deeps. That's not what it means to be a paladin. I like the flavor of Selfless healer. I would find it interesting if Blizzard actually adjusted things so that true "hybrid" was viable in raids. IE: Support healing being reworked to not only not-bite us in the butt, but also to actually be the most efficient use of our time, with a heal being throne on someone (probably the tank) being part of our rotation. It's probably fairly impractical and a balancing nightmare, but I'd enjoy it if "hybrid" classes actually were tweaked to play best taking advantage of their hybrid ability.Vacilion0 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 is healing as a holy pally really as hard as i enjoy playing a holy pally and it seems pretty easy to me. even tho i am just level 63. the problem i have is on normal 85 randoms when i get a holy pally im always excited cause i think theyr one of the best healers. but then they all seem to prove me wrong. correct me if im wrong but is it me or is just people are switching specs to try wat they want and not even get to know theyr class?Bloodspally9 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 4.2 pally PvP ret or holy i cant decide =[Silvion8 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 PvP Ret Spec Pre-85 Hey all, So I've been playing around with different specs for PvP and I'm really liking my current Prot spec, found here: However, I really want to start using Ret for more than just instances. I've been having trouble with making a really good spec for BEFORE level 85, so I was hoping someone could help me out. Here's what I'm thinking for level 77: Eye for an Eye doesn't seem to be a popular talent on the builds I found on the internet, but it seems like it would help a lot in PvP against casters. Guardian's Favor was left out. I'm not sure if it's really that crucial and what I would ditch to get this instead. Divine Storm may be nice, but I think it's more of a PVE talent. The chances of me hitting 4+ people for the HP is slim, and I have WoG for heals. Sanctity of Battle is 100% useless for me right now until I actually get gear with haste. Repentance I figured could buy me time for a quick heal or run, but with SoT I'm not sure if that will inactivate it and prove to be a waste of a point. Acts of Sacrifice has 1 point just for the Cleanse ability, no need for 2 IMO. Selfless Healer I got only for the cd reduction. At this point, I'm thinking of doing Eternal Glory 2/2, Divinity 1/3, then either Judgements of the Just 2/2 or Imp HoJ 2/2. Many of the builds I've seen do 2/2 SotP then skip over to Holy and do something like 3/3 Judgements of the Pure and 2/2 Arbiter of Light. Though that may be nice at 85, I think the 2nd tier of Prot may be more useful to me now. Please let me know what you think of my Ret build and let me know if there are things I should fix or get instead. I'm currently level 77 try to stay somewhat geared through instances and quests. Thanks!Klerek1 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 I know, old news, but left game because of it Quit WOW on June 28 after 5 years. Just couldn't take the frustration and lack of results from Holy Power anymore. Now the question, are they going to get rid of the Holy Power process? and Have they made Ret Paladin a viable DPS raid member yet even with suffering Holy Power? Not a QQ, we know HP is broken. Chyron13 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 PVP Holy Pally Trinkets - Core of Ripeness... Really? Are the PvP trinkets so bad that people are preferring to use the VP & Darkmoon PvE cards for PVP holy? Can someone elaborate as to why this seems to be the most popular choices? I see so many Holy Pallies rocking Core and/or Tsunami I'm honestly confused on what I'm supposed to be speccing this season!Mogbank2 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Twinks? Leveling another character, I came across a group of EIGHT Paladins in the BGs the other night. 4 Ret, 2 Prot, and 2 Holy...and let me tell you...OUCH. They would roll over to where our team was, and basically tea bag EVERYONE, it was hilarious (even from the losing perspective). To watch 2 holy paladins keep up 2 prot and 4 ret, with an entire team beating on them...heheh. Which brings me to this question: many people on my team were saying that at least half of these pallies were "twinks". How do you "twink" a character for a specific bracket? Not that I want to make one, mind, but if you get decent enough EXP from BGs, what stops them from leveling past 49, 59, 69, 79? Because once you level out of the bracket...time for upgrades (usually) in gear, which means all those enchants, etc, are wasted, right? Please school me if I'm missing something...but from that perspective, it makes no sense to 'twink' since it's only temporary.Iniquitous9 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Ret 2's Partner What are the best partners for ret in 2's? I'm hearing a lot of frost DK but I'm wondering what else works well... Any info would be great.Qbed2 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 11, 2011 Dwarf Beard I'm faction transferring today and I was wondering if there is a dwarf beard that doesn't come through the paladin pvp helmet. I think the helmet is cool, but not with a beard coming out of itAragor4 Jul 11, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Random odd and end thought. It's not particularly practical, nor does it have a lot of real use, but here it goes. I play pure ret, and don't PvP, so I was thinking about toying around with a second ret build for my offspec. I was just curious if you were going to build your off spec purely for hitting high numbers on the AoE meters, would you do it any differently than the core Ret build? Like I said, nothing practical, just something I was debating playing around with.Vacilion1 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Ret Paladin Pvp derp Paldarian3 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Healing how well do paladins heal compared to other healers?Roq6 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 New Dailies & Paladins So i found a cool thing u guys might want to try-- instead of healing the hyjal defenders in firelands with the item, just use holy radiance. I just hopped on my pally and did it, as holy you can pretty much finish the quest in like 5 seconds. that is all.Richiez0 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Retribution AOE is a sad joke Even with seal of righteousness the aoe's do very little damage. 5,000 damage on DS, holy wrath, and consecration do very little damage. Where is our gap filler? The play has become monotonous.Garmaximus31 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Holy PvP Gems, Reforging, Enchants? porque?Cyrîc3 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Ret PvP Gearing I'm just getting back into PvP and I'm looking for a few basic tips. I'm WoG spec'd for more survivability/support compared to HoJ since I think the 3 other points you need in T1 prot are trash for how I play. I play 2s and RBGs mostly, don't do 3s or 5s because, well, it's the 1st week and I haven't started looking for a team yet. 2s partner is an Aff lock and despite what you might think, we have amazing CC and can get some serious burst damage, and with my offheals I can give us some pretty good survivability. Just wondering how much Resil should I be aiming for in my situation. Currently at 3.2k resil with the resil/on-use str trinket and pvp trinket, eventually aiming for 3.4-3.7k right now. Should I be picking up the chance-on-hit trinket instead of the on-use? I used battlemaster's a bit in season 8 and I never liked it then, so don't suggest that please. Also, I'm seeing some Rets with intellect rings and necks occasionally and I think they are just not very good, but am I missing something? Finally, after 5% hit cap, should I be picking up any expertise, because if I remember correctly I didn't need it in season 8. Also, crit or mastery? I've heard arguments for both and have seen good rets do well stacking both. What do you guys think? Thanks for any and all feedback. If any of the advice only applies to arenas and not RBGs or vice-versa, please say so. *edit* Forgot to ask what originally got me to post on here :P What should I be spending my conquest points on first? I'm thinking of either saving up for chest or helm currently.Meatgobbler7 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Wrestling with Resilienc vs Strength I only PVP and have joined my guild's Rated BG team. I'm wrestling with a trinket trade-off (hurricane vs Vicious Mediallon of Victory, or possibly the Apparatus of Khaz. Vanguardy says he only plays with 3200 of Resilience. I have the option of being either of these two specs: STR: 5357 Res: 3432 STR: 5057 Res: 3732 I know Res is important as I start playing better players. But right now 1 on 1 with my cooldowns I do pretty good against about everyone except a Mage or maybe Hunter. Our RBG team healers are great and I never have to even look at my health, plus I have spec'd into Selfless Healer, so it seems like the only time I die is when I'm double or triple teamed, where no amount of Res would help anyway. Last night I got on a Mage and everything proc'ed and took him from 80% health to death in about 6 seconds. A couple teammates were blown away a Ret could do that. So, do I really need all this Res or am I a better, more useful teammate if I am the burn down DPS, flag protector, FC killer?Agincourt11 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Ret Pally HELP ME PLZ!! I have a raid tomorrow, can someone armory me and let me know what small changes I can do to get raid ready? I have 880 justice points and working on more at the moment. Zelina6 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Prot and hit Can somebody explain in plain English why hit isn't important as a Prot pally? I've read many articles and I still don't understand how a low hit rating doesn't affect threat generation. Need to be educated, please. Shootsfoot9 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Long Arm of the Law I think reworking this talent a bit might solve a ton of mobility problems for Rets. First, it should just be a 50% speed increase. The 4 second duration works fine. Here is my suggestion: LAotL should remove any slows on the Paladin AND for the duration of the LAotL buff, the Paladin is un-slowable. Snares, stuns, blinds, polymorphs, fear, and knockbacks should still affect the Paladin. Judgment has a long cooldown and LAotL only procs at a distance of 15 yards. Pallies currently do not have a real slow, snare, etc that the other melee classes have. It is very difficult to catch a skilled enemy player as a Paladin. Under this change, good players will still be able to kite a Paladin with ease. Also, the hard counter to the ability would just be to stun, snare, knock back, etc, the Paladin. I think this would be a very fair and modest change that makes sense. I feel like the talent is pretty much laughable in its current state. Thoughts?Solariken18 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Playing the "popular" class So, I want to roll a druid or paladin, but I can't help but notice that there are a TON of druids and paladin players. I was wondering if this causes problem for finding raid groups, or is this a non-issue?Oars1 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Why am I so bad? Okay, I feel like I'm missing something as a tankadin and I can't figure it out. I seem to lose aggro pretty easily when pulling multiple mobs. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in providing me with some advice. When I'm tanking I'll usually open up with Avenger's Shield (AS) on the caster on a group of mobs and then throw down Consecration as they come toward me. I'll then start a rotation of Hammer of the Righteous (HotR) followed either by Judgement, Avenger's Shield (AS), Holy Wrath (HR) or Consecration if available. Once I have 3 holy power I'll use Inquisition if my health is good or Word of Glory (WoG) if the situation calls for it. When my target is at 20%, I use Hammer of Wrath (HoW) Blessing of Might (BoM), Righteous Fury (RF) and Seal of Insight (SoI) are all up. Any advice for grabbing quick aggro on a rogue target (aside from Hand of Reckoning)? Better rotation to get more aggro quickly? Anything? Or just hang up the plate mail?Whend8 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Shockadin spec? i <3 holy, as you can tell its my only spec =P, but questing is kinda getting hard now, and ive tryed to google some Shockadin spec and cant find any....can anyone help?Aydann12 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Majordomo - tank healing Hello. I need to find out some things about paladin tank healing. I'm the healing lead in my guild which means I get the job of assigning healers to tanks or raid, set times for them to pop cds, dispels, etc. I have a shaman healer, a druid healer, but I only have a protadin instead of a healadin of my own, so I need help figuring things out. For our earliest attempts on Majordomo we only had 1 paladin healer (the other was late) so I had put myself (disc priest) on tank healing with her. After the second paladin showed up we had: 2 shamans, 2 paladins, 1 druid, 2 discpriests (one of whom is holy for some fights). With this change, I assigned the 2 shamans to raid healing since we're all clumped up; the 2 paladins to tank healing, the druid to hotting up the tank and healing raid, the 2 priests to about half the raid each for prebubbling and prayer of healing for scythes since we were pushing for 9 scythes on the first scorpion phase, and our raid kept dying to those. Those are the logs. I wanted to know if paladin healing was beaconing the tank and healing raid with Holy Lights - that was what one of the paladins told the raid leader after I asked the tank healers to please focus on the tank (he had died a few times after the change). If yes, I will be less worried. To recap: A holy paladin and I (disc priest) were on the tank for about the first 10 attempts tonight. After the second holy paladin showed up I went to raid, and they were both to be on the tank. Please tell me how a paladin heals a single tank fight like Majordomo. Edit: oops, the 2 paladins were there at first, it was one of the shamans that were late. My brain is scrambled after raiding on a friday night. I was on tank with one of the paladins because I am selfish and enjoy tank healing more >.< But yes, after the shaman showed up things got switched around a bit (one paladin stepped out, then came back) to where we ended up in that comp I posted above.Exavibus5 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Tanking help I am having issues while tanking. I seem to be taking way too much damage during instances. can someone give me some advice, other than get better gear. <a href=""></a> also I am not sure if I have a good rotation for tanking as I am pretty new to it. if someone can give me a rotation to go off of. thank youSomerndmchic1 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 RET 4.2: BiS Gear List With a new raid comes new gear! HOORAY! It seems there is a lot of math left to do and since I'm bad at it we'll wait for the EJ folks to deal with it. In the meantime here is a list of all gear considered possible BiS candidates. "Best in slot" is much less cut-and-dry than it was in previous tiers thanks to Reforging. Keep this in mind when referencing this. ---- Content deleted because it's not relevant anymore! And I don't want to mislead anyone! Yay! :D ----Lobster49 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Apparatus of Khaz or Hurricane card I have the Hurricane is the Apparatus an upgrade for a Ret?Agincourt5 Jul 10, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 Prot gear question (Vanilla/BC) I started a raging debate in the guild today by asking a simple question, and it was pretty clear that none of them understood what I was trying to get at. Hopefully someone here can set it straight. I am now lev 62 and in BC, getting rid of my old Vanilla gear piece by piece. In the process of replacing gear, I've come across a lot of gear that is plate and has much higher stamina but less strength. Some pieces have Int + Spi in lieu of STR. So, hypothetical example: An old ring from Vanilla had +9STAM/+9STR. A ring from a quest gives me +23STAM/+15INT/+18SPI. I argue that I should take the INT/SPI ring. I am told that I'm wrong. Bear in mind, I am not going to go back on my decision since I don't have threat problems and I want to up my HP. The question, then, is twofold. 1.) The "Touched by the Light" passive that you get for rolling as prot gives you +60% of your Strength as Spellpower. Does Intellect increase your spellpower as well? 2.) Off the first question, do skills like Crusader Strike, HOTR, SOTR, and Avengers Shield scale off your spellpower, AP, STR, or some combination thereof? Thanks in advance for your help. Vanalor2 Jul 10, 2011