Paladin

Jul 26, 2011 Fun with a Ret paladin So i've posted this in a couple other forums but I thought I'd post it here too....YAY HAMMERS! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGI15DkdAE Just a bit of fun...Indivisibles0 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 Holy PvP I was wondering if there was a basic Holy Pally PvP guide laying around somewhere that someone can point me towards which would give me some basic information about enchants and stuff like that. Thanks, KiarkKiark6 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 When did HPally's become RDruid's? What is with all these HPally's in pvp never needing to cast? Just confused. When do RDruid's get these huge instant heals?Qontrol12 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 prot pvp stv arena http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHBcANJ6oVI&feature=channel_video_title title explains allDurãth23 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 Trinket Question So before I head off and start doing Pug raids with this character I need to know what trinkets to use. So the trinkets I have are JC Trinket Leaden Despair Can get Bedrock Talisman Impetuous Query So what would I use, also if there are better trinkets from heroics, just name them. Thanks!Ruibard2 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 Any help would be appreciated... I hope I can get some decent feed back here. I'm really trying to figure some things out and maximize my overall potential. I was playing with a dummy today, not using any cd's to see what I can sustain. Even if it is more complex than some other classes priority systems, it's not exactly thrilling. Sustained dps was only 9300 after ~ 10 min (it was a bit mind numbing tbh). I remember when the changes were first made I could hold 6k+ on a dummy, 3300 dps increase seems a bit low. I don't really have numbers, but I stuck to the priority suggested in the sticky with my top 3 damage abilities being CS, TV, HoL. I'm sure TV is supposed to be on top, it was about 3% behind CS, though. Is it just my gear? I know it's not great, but I am working on it. Am I reforging/gemming wrong? A lot of people say ret is fine, it's ok to be moderate dps because of all of the utility. Outside of BoPing people and LoH, is there really a lot of utility brought that can't be brought by a class that can sustain higher dps? I really enjoy playing my pally, but when I'm doing randoms and hunters and mages are pretty much farting 20k dps it's kind of frustrating.Kageyoshi6 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 Multiboxing Holy Paladins ruin a BG. I was recently playing a bg on eye of the storm and when I realized that there were five holy paladins on the alliance side all with similar names I knew it was trouble. I heal and I try to support my fellow horde players as much as possible by healing and keeping them alive by all means necessary. The problem is that during this game it was very hard to heal, as many players were one shotted. I would occasionally stun one of them and silence them all with arcane torrent but it was still hard. Even with this difficulty I finished 2 and 4 with around 60,000 healing. We even killed the multiboxing team of five a couple of times, which might I add was very satisfying. My question: Is this tactic completely fair or should it be frowned upon? This game truly showed how far people will go just to win a random bg (not even a rated bg). They all most likely had the Exorcism Glyph as well as 2 points on Denounce and Blazing Light on the holy paladin tree. This glyph and those two talent tree abilities are not necessary for Holy Paladins as there are more important abilities more focused on healing which will help your arena or bg team-mates.Holypalybelf20 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 New Paladin Hello everyone, I am new to the game and I was wondering if you all can help me out with choosing professions. A friend of mine recruited me but he has no idea what I should choose. I was wondering if you all can give me some pointers. Thanks!Bajuthor6 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 Need Help. Could someone please give me a solid pvp rotation for my ret pally please i cant seem to find one that works for me so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.Vyndralous5 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 What is the order of bis trinkets for h pall? With the alchemist stone included please. Trying to figure out how that falls into the current list of available trinkets. Or please direct me to a list that has already been made. Thanks.Popabubbly3 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 Does ret need to be fixed? PVP Hey fellas, i was wondering what do you guys think about ret in arena or rated bgs? this is my opion, ret in arena has some good and bad aspects. we have a very high burst when we pop all of our CDs but after that..we dont do that much damage. i dont know if blizzard intentionally made the ret spec like this, but id like to put out consistent damage. In Rbgs we are a good class to have, for our freedom and just pretty much support aspects. What do you think about ret in Pvp?Kastte9 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 Pally healing Just coming back to the paly heals game after taking a looong break. I couldnt keep up with the groups, heals didnt hit hard enough or fast enough and i was steadily oom. But Now Im hearing all this talk about palys being possibly the best healer in game. SO before I go into a heroic dungeon and possibly cause you a repair fee, Theres a few things I would like to ask. what stats do i need to stack in priority listing plese, (i.e: spirit < int < crit <haste) heals rotaion (i know we dont flash to victory any more) is my spec at least half decent? these are what i realy would love to know, also mind you Im just starting the gearing game again (sold all ym holy gear after the first go round), so this meens im doing heroics. so please dont throw raid stat weights at me or heal rotations please.Shawnrich5 Jul 26, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 What is the target haste for H. Pally? Should I try to get over 1250?Ðj1 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 What to get first? What order should I buy my conquest gear?Chraze3 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 What is it with pallies and mail? Forgive me but i'm going to rant a lot here. Twice today I have been in dungeons where an upgrade for me was needed and won by a pally! The first time I managed to convince the pally to give it to me as it was a big upgrade for me. The second time, the upgrade wasn't as big so when the pally won it, I just left the group. I'm sorry, but to me pallies rolling need on mail of any kind after level 40 and AGILITY MAIL in particular is just plain wrong. Yeah i'm angry, but what (level 43) tank in their right mind says he NEEDS Bloodmail Hauberk or what pally tank NEEDS Warpwood Binding when there is a hunter in the group? If I had done that when I was leveling my own pally, I would have got kicked out of the group and my guildies would have kicked my as$ for doing it. Sorry for ranting I was just furious at losing upgrades to pallies. If things have changed and agility is actually worth taking for a pally tank, then please enlighten me.Kyetah12 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Need Help. Could someone please give me a solid pvp rotation for my ret pally please i cant seem to find one that works for me so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.Vyndralous1 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 CTC Question Hello, I'm relatively new to pally tanking, and spent the last week trying to gear up my pally to tank for my 10 man in Firelands. I used to tank with my DK, but DK's are getting very spikey in FL, so I opted to swap to the ol' sword and board. Now, the CTC rule is new to me, and I get the jist of it... but, is it really as simple as going to my character profile, then adding up my mastery, dodge and parry and adding 5% base miss? It seems like my CTC is low (84-85%). I still need to get my Mirror of Broken Images, and I will have that by next raid night, so that will definitely help. Also, what is a good CTC to aim for self-buffed? I would like to get as close to CTC capped while raid buffed as I can. Thanks in advance for any information!Klash5 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Need some help. Hello, I am in need of some assistance. I am the GM of a small casual guild. We run with 3 healers when we raid, a Druid, a Priest and a H Pally. The Tree and Priest are on the raid and my Healidin is on the tank/s. We progress fairly well and in no way have a healing problem. Last night we ( a off raiding night so its not required for the raiders to show up) did a FL raid and we had to pug (shammy) another healer to replace are Tree. He took one look at my Healidin and went off. My Pally Healer stacks mastery. When I say stacks, I mean he will put a mastery gem in before a int gem. I have never questioned it before because we have never had a healing problem. My healidins absorbs thru the roof, and our Tanks don't die. After this shammy went off, and caused all this drama I did some research and could not see where this is viable. Just wondering what the Pally community thinks. I realize that if the Tanks are not dying, then who cares, but I just want some ammo if this ever comes up again, so I can back up my favorite Healidin.Nakerria4 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Helm and Shoulder Upgrades I am looking to get an upgrade for both my helm and shoulders. I know about the VP and JP items but I will never get the Helm/Mantle of Forlorn Conqueror or the Crown/Mantle of The Fiery Conqueror needed for the shoulders or the helm. I also doubt Ill be getting any drops for them either. Is it acceptable for me to get the PVP ones as a stopgap in case I am lucky enough to get what I need? I know many people look down on players who mix and match PVE and PVP items. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.Choklahtbahr16 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Ret Pvp'ers look here: So after a Sunday on the training dummy, I want to ask those experinced with ret pvp why the "popular" pvp spec doesnt seem to be the one that allows for the most damage. By popular, I mean the most utilize spec by the highest ranked arena, and RBG ret'adins. Just for the sake of this discussion I want to forget improved hammer of justice. I realize it has supreme benefits for pvp, but as far as damage output I found that spec'ing Judgment of the pure (increase casting & melee haste by 9%) along with Sanctity of Battle (haste effects lower CD of Crusader Strike) Seems to be better since the most recent patch. In regards to pure damage output. So outside of needing the talent points in order to obtain the 20sec reduction in hammer of justice CD, is there a known reason why the above two talents are not utilized? After hours of testing with and without them, I consistantly had more damage output with these two talents. More crusader strikes, led to more Templars, which both led to more Hand of light damage (ret Mastery). Not to mention the fact that the haste effect makes our Seal damage (censure DOT) tick faster also making for more DPS. Which I think is what people do not take into account when thinking about the talent Judgement of the pure. I noticed prior to the patch the difference in damage with/wthout the talents didnt seem as much as it is now. That could all be a pipe-dream, but I ask - Is there some other issue with these two talents outside wanting the pts. for a reduced hammer of justice? I am not saying haste is an important stat for rets. I am pretty sure that after EXP/HIT caps you go for str, then mastery etc. Which i dont think has changed. But for those 4 talent pts needed for the above two talents, I wonder why not go for it especially in a bg/rbg setting. Feedback appreciatedAlphandomega14 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 New to WoW, rolled a Paladin I got bored with LOTRO and decided to give the F2P version a shot and I loved it! So much so that i upraged to a full account before I hit the lvl 20 cap. LOTRO is the only other MMO I have played and i have to say the Paladin(at least at this lvl) is superior in gameplay to anything I have played before. The highlight for me so far has been the Bravo company questline in Redridge(?). Driving that tank around was awesome! Now for the meat and potatos, I chose Ret. line for my talent points as I figured it would make questing easier with the extra dps it provided. I would like to tank as well though, now I know i can spec for Prot. as well, but will dual speccing significantly hamper my ability to do either role significantly? Also, are Ret. Paladins used much in group content as a dps or would Prot. be a better choice so I could tank? Anywho, great class so far and I cant wait to see what else lies ahead of meTerthellian8 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 BE racial diminishing returns Does any body know if the BE racial puts other pally silence/interrupt spells on diminishing returns for pvp? Like tauren warstomp stun might put other stuns on diminishing returns and lessen their duration. Thanks :)Dammnn1 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Trouble with Light of Dawn I pretty much never use LoD. I know it's a tool in our toolbox but whenever I make a point to use it it always feels clunky. I pretty much just focus on health bars and staying out of the fire; worrying about who is and isn't in my frontal rectangle during a hectic boss fight just seems like too much. I also have no way to tell at a quick glance if the people standing in front of me are the ones who need the healing. Does anyone have any advice for making optimal use of this spell?Dabrin5 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Need input on raising my HPS I need some help. For some reason I am unable to heal more than 9200 hps at my best, but i seem to be usually getting over all healing as low as 6800 hps. I am using Holy Light as often as I can to heal along with holy shock when it becomes available. I save Flash & Hod when i really need it, Divine Light when it procs for fast cast (or if i need a big heal) and my aoe heals when the group/raid needs some massive healing. I think my spec is ok along with my glyphs. I would greatly appreciate some feedback on how I can raise my healing. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Aelindra/simpleAelindra6 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Macro Question... If I made a macro like so: /cast Crusader Strike /cast Hammer of Wrath /cast Judgement and assigned the macro to my 1 key. If I press it and I cast Crusader Strike, if I press it again will it skip Crusader because it's on cool down and try to case Hammer of Wrath (but fail) and cast Judgement? What I'm saying is, if the ability fails will it attempt to execute the next /cast command?Stubb4 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Best Profs for PvE Prot? I just started playing again and was wondering what two professions are currently the best min/maxing wise for a PvE oriented Protection Paladin? I read elitist jerks which said Alchemy/Leatherworking was the best but this hadn't been updated since February 2011.Drahc8 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 PvP Ret Gear Choices? Hi could anyone please help me with something. I am not sure which bracers to get for retribution PvP, the Haste or Expertise? If you could show me a link to a guide that shows this, that would be even more helpful! As I will need it for other future gear choices. Thanks!Judgeinjury2 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Ret Paladin Vs Arms Warrior Im currently re-rolling arms warrior and leaving my ret paladin. their reliance on inquision, wings and zealotry is annoying as hell. We have no real way of closeing a gap other then a retarded talent and a stun. Our cds can be dispelled aswell. My arms warrior friend says paladin burst hurts a lot and that they can kill arms warriors because...i quote "Arms warriors have nothing" What are your opinions on both the state of ret paladin pvp and who would win in a fight between a ret pally and arms warrior of equal skill Another version of this will be remade and posted on warrior forums.Orkus13 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Need some help with holly pally Just recently resubbed and I am wondering as to the condition of my gear and my talent choices. I haven't played in a while but coming back I have still noticed I don't have much trouble keeping folks alive while maintaining my own mana pool. What I am wondering however is there anything I can do to make me just a little bit better or just better in any way? It can be anything from a piece of gear I should farm for or just a better way to re organize my talents. But it wold be nice to have some advice from the experts in healing and those who have been doing this longer than I have.Moosiiep0 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 So what now(prot PvP) I'm sure I am already doing it wrong but I found something fun that works for me but every patch it seems to become less an less effective can't spam WoG now my flash heal will cost more and I will block less damage and I lose my second 400 res bonus should I respec or will it still be something I can stick with I am half way to a holy or ret specZivilyn31 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Sword n Board switch, Ret tactics Anybody have em? I haven't started experimenting yet, and well Im at work right now so I cant, but I wanted to know if anyone has tactics they use when in hot situations where they switch to a 1h and shield. Ideas would be appreciated.Atwayä13 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Lack of plate healing gear Outlands dungeons I'm noticing there is a staggering lack of non-heirloom slot plate healing armor available from the Outlands non-heroic dungeons. I think I found a total of 2-3 pieces spread across the dungeons. Seeing as I can't roll need on armor other than plate, it makes gearing up a bit frustrating. Sure I might get lucky on a greed roll for the cloth pieces, but that hasn't happened yet because the cloth wearers are all trying to gear up as well. I guess leveling Holy Paladins are confined to the occasional quest/mob dropped green/blue for gear upgrades in Outlands? Any suggestions or is this really what I'm stuck with for the next 10 levels? Tempted to just stop this Paladin right now and go back to my Priest : (Biblebeâter5 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Rep help I just hit 80, and i know i need the hyjal rep for the belt, but what other reps are the ones i should get to exalted first? What reps will help me get to raiding the quickest?Virtues3 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Closing the Gap - Ret Paladin PvP Im curious as to close a gap in pvp. this is my main problem for ret pallys and its why i want to reroll warrior. warriors got charge, dks got DG, Rogues got shadowstep and sprint. what do pallys get? long arm of law? maybe its just me but i hate it and it sucks compared to other classes...maybe nitro boost enchantment on my belt? But that cant be used in arenas.....sure u cant repent, HoF......but i mean how effective is that compared to a real gap closerOrkus5 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Rep/HoJ ?? Is there a macro out there that uses repentance and if rep is on cd uses HoJ instead?Lilbrittle2 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 How is prot and holy lately? I know ret is doing ok but the mechanics need some work. Curious how prot and holy are doing though? Pally is 80 but I may transfer to tank/heal for a guild. Zelik14 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Do I beacon my assignment, or the other tank? Just wondering if I am assigned to heal a certain tank, do I beacon that tank, or do I beacon the other tank while healing that one.Judgeinjury1 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Ret spell v. Melee hit Would appreciate if anyone could tell or point me in the right direction as to which ret attacks fall under spell vs. melee hit. ty in advance.Brainstew4 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 New hpal could use some tips Hey all, I'm pretty new to holy and I just started about a week ago to heal cata dungeons. Normal cata dungeons were extremely easy for me, no problems at all. I just got into heroics and I am having a little bit of trouble keeping everyone (well mostly the tank) up, and for large spikes of damage it seems like my DLs are a little bit too slow. Especially Halls of Origination. I don't really use FoL, maybe that's a problem? I'm geared enough to queue for ZA/ZG but with heroic problems I'm a little bit on edge with doing those. My mana regen seems to be pretty fine, but in tough boss battles when constant healing is needed I sometimes forget to use my judgement off its cooldown for a bit, and this will slowly eat away at my mana but I think that's more of a newbie problem that I will get used to. I know my spec is fine, how are my gear and glyphs? My helmet is ugly I know, and I plan to probably get the gloves as my next JP purchases. Should I bother with the JP helmet? I've started to gem and enchant some of the gear I know I'll be keeping for a while. Anything without spirit, I've reforged mastery/crit into spirit. If it's without haste I've reforged into it. If it's without haste and spirit I reforge to spirit. Any other general tips/tricks are appreciated.Beefdidy5 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Hammer of Justice in arenas Given that most of us get one shot at this ability each minute how do you utilize HoJ in arenas? Do you use it early to CC, or as part of your 20 burst to further tie up and get a quick kill on one of you two opponents or do you save it. What's your strategy? One crazy thought I had today was to tie it to the end of my burst macro. If the idea in arenas is to kill one opponent as quickly as possible and I'm using my burst macro as early as possible because I'm being focused, would it make sense to tie HoJ into it to further insure I immobilize and take at least one opponent out?Agincourt1 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 So, gonna reforge now... Hey guys, so I've been a PvE guy for...well I've been playing for about 5 years so I've been a PvE guy for five years. Anywho, my roommate transferred me over to his server and has somehow gotten me addicted to PvP. As you can see by inspecting me (which I'm sure you all will..let the flaming begin), I have finally acquired my base PvP set. Now that I'm here I'm looking for tips on reforging and possibly respecing if my spec is screwed. Go ahead and diss me a lil but I'd love some -constructive- criticism in there too :P thanks, -BrotharBrothar4 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 Trinkets for Ret (PvE) Impatience of Youth vs. Dwyer's Caber I can purchase either one tomorrow to replace Mark of Khardros Thoughts?Tailbiter2 Jul 25, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 Secondary Talents made me unlearn! Hi, I'm a total noob to wow, but I tried searching for this topic all over here and the web and nobody seems to have posted. If I missed it I apoligize, but I'm very frustrated now after taking activating what seemed to be a good thing. I activated the secondary talent specialization today thinking it would be great and then I realized as a result, the game automatically made me unlearn avenger's shield, touched by the light, vengeance, and judgements of the wise. I can't find any of those anymore and I rely a lot of avenger's shield. I can't find how to relean it and wish I could just go back to before I bought the dual talent option. Can someone explain to me what happened, if I can go back, or if I can't go back, can I relearn these skills? Thanks for your help!Everyonespal4 Jul 24, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 BC Dungeons So, I just hit 58. I have leveled about the last 10 levels strictly thru tanking randoms so I was excited to get to Outlands to start running new randoms but they are not being offered to me in the dungeon finder. My question is, when can I start running these dungeons? My 2 85's strictly quested to max and I have had a blast experiencing this "new content". Thanks in advance!Allbeefpalli2 Jul 24, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 Tank trinket question. Basically... Which combination of these three trinkets should I use? Symbiotic Worm http://www.wowhead.com/item=59332 Mirror of Broken Images http://www.wowhead.com/item=62471 Moonwell Phial http://www.wowhead.com/item=70143/moonwell-phial The Moonwell Phial has a ton of Stamina on it...but I do love my Mastery.Crase4 Jul 24, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 New Paladin Fireland armor needs to be fixed I just got a chance to see what the new armor for patch 4.2 would look like on a tauren and I was very upset to see how "goofy" the shoulders and helm looked on my tauren. I really feel that since this suit sort of resembles the judgment armor the new face mask should rest on the taurens face the same way the judgement helm did not just cover the eyes. Also I think the shoulders should be pushed more onto the shoulders so when youu look from the side its obvious they are not even touching the tauren. Just a thought to better the look of the armor if you agree let blizz know so we can get this fixedTrytrotic30 Jul 24, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 Glyph of Exo or Glyph of CS My Ret ilvl is 369 and I have the 2p T12. Currently I use Glyph of SoT, Exo, and TV. Should I be using Glyph of CS instead of glyph of Exo?Blizzhoof2 Jul 24, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 Ret: Critical Strike vs Mastery observations I have played around with reforging to a critical strike bias and then a mastery bias. This is the third time I have been through this exercise and here are my observations: When I reforge as much as possible to Critical Strike my character feels bulky. It's difficult to get enough DPS to get into Critical Strike range and consistently take them out. I understand that CS can proc big time and for big numbers, but I'm not getting to that point even when my rotation is crisp. With a Mastery bias I'm draining my opponents health lower earlier and forcing them to make a decision to heal or do damage. Most of the time they choose heal and that helps me get them to critical strike range faster. Yes, I may not take them out with a critical strike (ie: HoW) the first time but when they are at 15% health I feel they are done and little they can do, so what difference does it make if I miss with the first HoW or get them 6 seconds later. There is only one circumstance when a Critical Strike bias would help. If I'm going one on one against a rogue or Warrior it often comes down to the last tick of health for both of us, If I die I wonder what having the greater chance of a critical strike the last few seconds would have done for my chances. Anyone else experience the same?Agincourt4 Jul 24, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 Incorporating holy shield after 4.2 I had taken a break from wow and this is an alt but im just wondering as to how holy shield fits it to the rotation/priority system?Gaslampkilla84 Jul 24, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 slight mana problems, want to start heroics Hello and thanks for reading. I recently hit 85 two days ago. This is my alt character. Hes really not that bad, im healing good in all the regular dungeons except at certain times i find my mana going down slightly fast on some mobs aand bosses. My holy light is taking away 3-4% of my mana per cast and i dont know if thats good or bad. The tanks in these regular dungeons are pretty pathetic so i dont know if its 100% my fault (i.e. death knight tanks speccd as dps/ paladins, warriors with DPS gear on) feel free to inspect me and give me any tips please, keep in mind i havent played this char in a while. Im really looking to start heroics. Thanks guys!Nuggìtz6 Jul 24, 2011