Shaman

Apr 28 WoD Shaman FAQ Updated for 6.2. All information primarily pertains to PvE and Level 100 unless otherwise noted. Weapons Enhance: Slow mainhand and a slow offhand. Put your best weapon in your offhand. Elemental & Resto: Both 2H and 1H+Offhand are fine. Talents Enhancement L15, L30, L45 - Survivability and PvP utility. Personal preference. L60 - Ancestral Swiftness. Elemental Mastery is lower damage but useful if you need burst. Echo of the Elements is nice for AE only. L75 - Ancestral Guidance L90 - Unleashed Fury or Primal Elementalist L100 - Storm Elemental is the best single-target damage and also offers healing. Liquid Magma offers AE. Elemental Fusion is passive. Note that Flame Shock DoTs spread by Lava Lash do not benefit from Elemental Fusion. Elemental L15, L30, L45 - Survivability and PvP utility. Personal preference. L60 - Echo of the Elements is the best overall choice, particularly for AE. Elemental Mastery is useful for single-target burst. Ancestral Swiftness is competitive if you prefer largely passive gameplay. L75 - Ancestral Guidance L90 - All 3 talents are very close. Personal preference. L100 - Storm Elemental is the best single-target damage and also offers healing. Liquid Magma offers AE. Elemental Fusion is passive. All 3 are competitive. Resto L15, L30, L45 - Survivability and PvP utility. Personal preference. L75 - Personal Preference. Depends on the fight. L90 - Unleashed Fury L100 - High Tide. Glyphs Enhancement Glyph of Frost Shock is a small (~0.8%) single-target DPS gain. Glyph of Fire Nova, Glyph of Lava Spread, and Glyph of Chain Lightning are all nice for AE. Glyph of Lightning Shield is a survivability choice. Glyph of Shocks is great for leveling. Elemental Glyph of Chain Lightning is required for AE. Other glyphs are optional. Glyph of Spiritwalker's Focus offers more frequent movement. Restoration Glyph of Riptide impacts performance and is required. Glyph of Chaining is particularly attractive when targets are spread. Other glyphs should be switched out situationally. Gearing The proper way to determine stat weights is to run simulations using your character's stats. Gearing advice below is intended for new or casual players. http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/ Remember that in addition to 1% damage, 1% Versatility also gives 1% healing and 0.5% damage mitigation. When stat values are close, go for Versatility. Gearing Enhancement 1) Agility >>> Haste > Versatility = Multistrike = Mastery = Crit 2) Gem Haste. Gearing Elemental 1) Intellect >> Multistrike > Versatility = Crit = Haste = Mastery 2) Gem Multistrike. Gearing Resto If you often run out of mana, prioritize Spirit over everything but Intellect. 1) Intellect >> Haste > Mastery > Versatility > Spirit > Multistrike = Crit 2) Gem Haste. (Note: Resto stat weights are still being actively discussed, as they aren't generated by simulation. They are likely to change.) The Resto Haste Soft Cap DoTs and HoTs now use partial ticks with haste, so the soft cap is no longer in effect. How to AE Elemental Only cast Earthquake after Chain Lightning hits 3 targets so it benefits from the Enhanced Chain Lightning perk. 1) Open with Chain Lightning 2) Cast Earthquake on cooldown. 3) Fill space between Earthquakes with more Chain Lightning. Enhancement 1) Flame Shock. 2) Lava Lash -- To spread the Flame Shock DoT 3) Fire Nova -- On cooldown. 4) Reapply the Flame Shock DoT and spread via Lava Lash when necessary. Remember that Lava Lash spreads the DoT to six targets per cast, and that it spreads the current duration, not the full duration. 5) Chain Lightning -- With 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon. 6) Magma Totem -- Only if enemies are not moving and will take over 10 seconds to kill. 7) Unleash Flame -- Works with Flame Shock and Fire Nova. Use it in free GCDs.Slant311 Apr 28
Sep 20 WoD 6.0.3 Enhancement PvP Guide I have returned with my WoD PvP guide! Again, I am starting from scratch again. So let's get this baby stickied! Upvote if it helps! Also I made the guy too on AJ. It is formatted alot better, and has pictures! Would appreciate if you +rep it there if it helped you as well: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/266496-tactics-enhance-pvp-guide/ If you have any questions or concerns, you can message me on my youtube (youtube.com/tactic1048), on my twitch (twitch.tv/tacticq), add my btag: tactic#1895 or reply here with your question. I'll try to reply ASAP. I've been trying to stream my games more lately since I just upgraded my internet. If you liked this guide, please rate it and provide feedback. There is a lot of info you need to understand a class in PvP and I want this guide to have all the information needed. Table of Contents: 1. Introduction 2. Playstyle 3. Spell Priorities 4. Talents and Glyphs .....4a. Talent overview and why .....4b. Glyphs and why 5. Stats and Enchants .....5a. Stats .....5b. Enchants 6. Macros and Keybinds .....7a. Macros .....7b. Keybinds 7. Tips/Tricks 8. Addons / UI 9. FAQ 10. Other Resources -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Introduction Hello! My name is Tactic. I've been playing enhance since BC, through the thick and thin, hardships, and good moments. You may have seen me from my youtube channel or my previous [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000"]MoP guide[/url]. At the start of my WoW career, I was mainly a PVE'er, taking part of top 200 guilds through WOTLK and CATA, and it wasn't until CATA that I started to pvp seriously. Since then I have gotten at least 2200 in every season since then, with my last 3 seasons being the most successful, with my achievment of rank 1 duelist in Tyrannical, and Glad in S14 and S15. In S15 I got 2800+ in 3s, and was the highest enhance in 5s. Unlike alot of enhance, I am here to stay (no fotm reroller here). In this guide, I am going to try to go over everything, and I will edit it as soon as I think I have missed something. Some of this info may be redundant and or new to you depending on how much you know of the class -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2. Playstyle “Enhancement is known as the caster- melee spec, because we have an even distribution of physical damage and magic damage.” What I like the most about of enhance is how we basically have to go balls deep into combat to survive, we have to keep the pressure up or we lose control of the game. That is, you gain maelstrom weapon charges, and you heal or damage depending on the scenario. The main advantages of enhance at the moment is the huge support we offer to the team (grounding, purge), and our heals. Enhance is not a mongoloid spec, I am always looking at my party member's frames to see if they need a heal. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3. Spell Priorities As you would assume, there isn’t really a general PVE rotation you can use in pvp, but rather you push whatever is best in that moment. I like to follow a rough list for doing damage, and strictly damage only (think of that !@# last season that DC'd and never waited for you and you kill them). -Purge!!!! Get in the habit of purging, it's our strongest utility. Now obviously this isn't a damage ability, but it mitigates alot of damage because clean targets get farmed. This is always the top of the list if the target has important buffs such as: any hand spell from a pally, any absorb shields, fear ward, NS/AS, Spiritwalker's grace. -Cast Lightning bolt with 5 stack maelstrom. Unlike before, Lightning bolt actually hits as hard as elemental blast and even harder if you decide to use unleashed fury. You may be forced to use this at 3-4 stacks when your target is so low and you can't hit it. -Cast Stormstrike. This is my spam dps ability, and most likely my favourite. It provides me the crit buff for LB and EB and is a good generator for maelstrom weapon due to the main-hand and off-hand attack -Cast Lava Lash. Recently they made Lava Lash scale with our mastery, so it does offer some burst now. Depending on the situation and if you have an echo proc, this moves up in the list due to hit being the bustiest. - Keep searing totem up: The damage it provides is little, but its brainless damage you don’t have to think about. It's almost like a second auto-attack, like your off-off-hand. -Keep Flame shock up with unleashed flame buff, idealy with 2 stack Elemental fusion talent if spec'd that way. When you spread it, it will mimic your target's FS. Keep in mind the more flame shocks we have active, the better chance it resets (15%) our lava lash. -Cast Fire Nova. They buffed fire nova's damage quite a bit in this expac making it pretty real. Assuming you are not going to break CC, and there is more than 3 active targets grouped up, you can harvest pretty hard. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4. Talents and Glyphs This is generally what you want to run, with green talents the preferred talents: http://i.imgur.com/CMEmnLA.jpg 4a. Talents In PvP you will never find a cookie cutter spec, you will need to change your talents and glyphs depending on the team you face. Tier 1: Level 15 In this tier, I strongly recommend choosing Nature’s Guardian. It’s a free 115k heal that procs when you are low. The duration of astral shift is way too low, and you can’t use it while stunned. Stone bulwark totem use to be good, but now it scales with battle fatigue so the shield it provides is horrible now. Tier 2: Level 30 All the talents are viable! But in most cases I recommend using windwalk totem, as most teams have a root or a snare to prevent you from reaching your target, also popping freedom totem can allow your healer your healer to run around a pillar and kite more effectively. Especially with the amount of melee running around, when your healer is CC'd and you have nothing else, you might just have to run with freedom. Earth grab totem is good for for double melee teams with no root breaks and you need to snare, like TSG. Same thing for frozen power, use this for comps that you might need to peel for. But for most cases, that freedom totem will help your healer more than ever, as it can allow him to pop his speed and get the $%^- out of dodge. Tier 3: Level 45 Ooooooooooh baby a triple! I would chose Totemic Projection for this tier for those meaty triple cap stuns. I absolutely love this talent, it's so fun. Need to ground something for your healer but not in line? Totemic Project. Your healer get's feared to africa, but you don't want to fall back to tremor him, TP it! Shaman pops spirit link, Priest life grips, behind a box? Get dat double/trip cap stun. Now the reason we swapped to this from call of the elements, is due to how fear is not nearly as strong as it once was, and you don't see it as often. I still reccommend using CotE for teams with an abundance of fears, or if you need double freedom to reach your target. But overall I would recommend TP as it is an extra CC for the healer, or a peel for your healer. I use glyph of cap totem often, if I am the only person on the team with a stun. Tier 4: Level 60 Definitely think Echo of the elements is the choice to go here. What vanguards says in his guide is a perfect description of this talent, as it allows you to go almost "rotationless", assuming you are using purge and other abilities other than lava lash, and stormstrike. Echo procs often and allows some mini burst opportunities with lava lash, however if you need maelstrom, use your echo proc on stormstrike as it is a better maelstrom generator. Alternatively if you want faster globals for all dem purges you do, the passive haste from Ancestral Swiftness is decent.. With 6.1 and the new echo change we can actually pool our burst, which is really good. Tier 5: Level 75 I would recommend Rushing Streams. With the nerf to Ancestral guidance from 40% to 20%, along with the nerf to our burst, the maximum healing output from AG went down alot. Don't get me wrong, it's still an okay talent to use, as it is on-demand healing for burst scenarios. However healing stream will help your healer a little bit more in the long run with his mana, that and like always rushing streams shines in rot cleaves. Tier 6: Level 90 Oh man this talent tier, it blows. They all suck, and to be honest this tier, and the 100 tier blow. You could not even take a talent and not really notice the dps. Overall I would suggest using Unleashed Fury for the talent here. It's a minor dps increase for your lightning bolt and gives a 5% multistrike, only thing is that it doesn't really last long. This put aside, Primal Elementalist actually provides noticable damage difference, that and earth ele gives you so much defence. Only thing is the totem has like 25k hp and can be one shotted by a priests holy fire. You can risk it and take this talent, as it will pay off if the enemy team does not kill it. I've been using it alot lately against glads and R1s and it has lived the full duration. It's really a gamble. Overall, you can pick any talent here, as unleashed fury and elemental blast are basically the same dps, where your ele can make a difference but can be stomped easily. Tier 7: Level 100 Another garbage tier. Blizzard really *!@# the bed with our level 100 talents. This tier is entirely comp based. In terms of damage, I really like liquid magma for the choice here, it does the most damage and does some burst if it is only hitting one target, HOWEVER, it breaks so much CC! This leads me to the other talent, elemental fusion. It's a pretty boring talent, but it's safe. Just more damage for your flame shocks and frost shocks. You can do some decent cleave with 2 stack EF, unleashed flame buff and lava lash spread. I often use EF when playing any comps (like beastcleave) that you can break CC. Following the totem stomping train, is storm elemental. In terms of damage, the ele does none. I really dislike this talent as it is usually short lived because I find myself having to use grounding totem, cap totem, or freedom totem (it being an air totem) over it. If you feel inclined to take this talent, you have to use it with primal ele talent. Put the pet on passive to get the speed aura, and use his knock-up ability for a cast interrupt. Play with the talents see what you like, this is only a suggestion based of the success I have had with the talents. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Glyphs: Recommended Prime Glyphs: Glyph of Lightning shield: A constant 10% damage reduction, this is amazing. Always have this on. Glyph of frostbrand: A use to be 4-set, now in glyph form! This talent is awesome for staying on your target (in particular druids that shift everything) as it auto applies a slow for 3 sec. Use this if you are going to have trouble staying on your target, or your team lacks an auto slow. Glyph of purge: Really good for getting buffs off quick, especially when you want to purge a PoM or NS when the person is relatively clean. In the long run, if you press purge every 6 sec you are going to purge alot more and save globals for damage. However, this talent can bite you in the butt if you are the only dispeller, as if you are unlucky you will be a sitting duck for 6sec while that BoP you are trying to purge off is mocking you. I recommend using this when you have other dispels on your team (like priest beastcleave). Glyph of Hex: Reduces your hex cooldown by 10 seconds, making it a 35sec CD. This a great talent against teams with no dispel or just one dispeller. CC wins games, this glyph works really well when teaming up with a hunter as their scatter and traps are on a 30sec, so you can cross CC really well. However, since Hex is casted now, you must take in factors like how easy it going to get off at the right time? How many things do you have to juke? I like to use this talent against vanguard's and ret/hunter sometimes for more CC, assuming they don't have a dispel. Glyph of Capacitor: For those teams that keep sniping your cap totem, and you need to get it off. Especially since Totemic projection is a thing, this can allow you to stop aura mastery heals quickly without having to worry too much about someone sniping your totem. It does still get stomped often though. Glyph of Purging: I love this glyph alot. I love purging, I love getting maelstrom. Win, win? I think so. We already purge alot, this just allows us to get more maelstrom for heals and lightning bolts. Use this glyph if your team lacks dispels. Situational Prime Glyphs: Glyph of Ghost Wolf: For when you want to run around a pillar. Glyph of Feral Spirit: For games that you know that will be short, and you need dem extra heals. The heals are pretty real actually. Glyph of shamanistic rage. For games where a paladin keeps stunning you, and/or games that a mage will deep freeze you without silencing you. Be careful when using this against UA locks and spriests as the gylph no longer ignores their dispel protection and you will be hit hard, silenced, and feared respectively. Personally I don't really like this talent as it puts in the mind set of using it as a CC break rather than a Def CD, plus alot of classes cover their dispellable stuns like lot of mages cover their deep on you with a CS, or use it on your healer to get a poly off. It's good for BGs but not so useful for arena IMO. Glyph of spirit walk: 45sec spirit walk. Nice for kiting or getting kited. For Aoe: Use Fire nova and lava spread glyph and go to town in them bgs. Major Glyph: Lava lash for when you don't want your LL spread to break CC in the future. Keep in mind you will lose most likely get less LL procs unless you spread your FS manually. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5. Stats and Enchants For stat priority I like to follow this: Agility > {(Haste → mastery) > Versatility} > Multistrike > Crit Like past expansions, haste and mastery has proven to be our best dps stats. In addition we get 5% more haste from all sources, and haste also reduced the CDs of our stormstrike and lava lash. Haste = good. However I predict mastery being better than haste once the xpac gets further down the road due to gear, because of that burst potential, and haste getting close to a soft cap. Along with these stats we have versatility, an overall superman stat. It increases damage, reduced damage taken, and increases healing. You want to try to get pieces with versatility couped with mastery or haste. Because of this, you must farm ashran rep, as the ashran pieces all have versatility. I came up with this gearset I made on wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/list=5082986/enhance-pvp-2 I believe this is our best gearset, but the only confliction is our damn 4pc. We have 2 crap pieces in my opinion from our set pieces, shoulders and gloves. Though I haven't tested it, I believe the 2 extra windfury attacks does not merit the extra haste/mastery and versatility you gain from the ashran pieces. I will figure this out once the full gear set becomes available. In terms of enchants, it is personal preference between haste and versatility (on neck, back, and rings). Personally I like haste at the moment, because it is still super early in the xpac and we need it. However I think when we get a nice base amount of haste, we should enchant everything with versatility. Make sure you get the 10% movement speed and don't cheap out as the extra movement speed is huge. Also, since it's still early in the xpac, use the aspirant (ilvl 600) boots and enchant them with panderen's step to get an extra 10% movement speed (overall 120%) until you can get the epic boots. For weapons, use double Mark of Warsong. With both of these proc'd you get near the soft haste cap and have a lot of burst potential (also fast globals). Once we get further in the xpac, one warsong enchant may reach you to the 50% haste soft cap, then we can use an offset of the mastery and haste enchant. On a side note for races, I really like draenei over dwarf. I often find my healer getting silence way more than I do, to even make use of the stoneform. With draenei you get more passive agility, and heal that I can describe how many times it has saved my partners when below 5% hp. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 6. Macros and Keybinds Do not feel like you need to change your playstyle at all when looking at my macros or keybinds, play what is comfortable to you. 6a. Macros: I strongly recommend having arena 1, 2, 3 target and focus macros. It’s hard to get use to at the start, but you will get use to it, and you will love it. Here are my macros that I use and am comfortable with: ... 6b. Keybinds: I use a razer naga for my mouse, so a large amount of keybinds is on my mouse. Let’s start with the keyboard and work our way to the mouse. 1 - Lightning bolt Al1 - Chain Lightning 2- Ele blast 3- Earth Shock Sh3 - Magma Totem 4 - Frost Shock Sh4 - Focus Frost Shock Al4 - Arena Frost Shock 5 - Flame Shock A - Ancestral Swiftness D - Spiritwalker’s Grace ShD - StormEle Knockup AltD - Focus StormEle Knockup ShE - Healing Stream Totem R - Ancestral Guidance ShR - StormEle - If I spec it ` - Spirit Walk C - Cap Totem ShC - Earth Ele stun AlC - Eerth Ele focus stun Sh2 - Healthstone F - Fire Nova ShF - Recall Totems G - Trinket X - Lightning Shield ShX - Mouseover Focus Z - Cleanse ShZ - Cleanse1 AltZ - Mouseover Cleanse Now the mouse, here is a SS of the side of the mouse for reference: http://i.imgur.com/Onhecmu.jpg No modifiers: 1 - Lava Lash 2 - Storm Strike 3 - Unleash Elements 4 - Searing Totem 5 - Healing Surge (Self) 6 - Grounding Totem 7 - Purge 8 - Shamanistic Rage 9 - Earthbind Totem / Freedom Totem 10 - Ascendance 11 - Bloodlust 12 - Hex Shift Modifiers: 2 - CotE or TP 5 - Spirit Wolves 7 - Focus Purge 8 - Stoneform 9 - Tremor Totem 10 - Target arena 1 11 - Target arena 2 12 - Target arena 3 Alt Modifiers 1 - party 1 naruu heal 3 - party 2 naruu heal 5 - Gift of Naru heal 10 - Focus Arena 1 11 - Focus Arena 2 12 - Focus Arena 3 Other buttons on mouse: Mouse Wheel Button: Wind Shear B5 - Ghost Wolves SB5 - Earth Ele B4 - Focus Wind Shear SB4 - Fire Ele Yeah... my keybinds are weird. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7. Tips/Tricks -Stormstrike before ascendance, when you pop ascendance it resets the CD. -Make sure you unleash elements before you elemental blast for 40% more damage. Also make sure you have the stormstrike debuff on the target for the additional 25% crit chance -Alot of resto shaman will try to cover their casts in various ways to make sure you don’t interrupt them, but I say who cares! If they drop grounding totem, focus purge them and then wind shear, if you are quick you should eat the grounding totem and interrupt the cast. The same goes for Spiritwalker’s Grace, their aura mastery, focus purge them until you get it off, if you are lucky and they are moving it will interrupt them, however if they are standing still get ready to interrupt them. I Suggest an addon that will tell you what you purge, and a cast addon to show when you can or can not interrupt. -If you pop your earth elemental totem on a hunter’s stampede, it will briefly taunt them. -Try to pop your ascendance only when the healer is CC’d, preferably cross CC’d so it is a 3v1. -Try to purge alot, get in the habit of it. You want to get important buffs off instantly such as Spiritwalker's Grace, Presence of Mind, Nature’s Swiftness, Ancestral Swiftness, Temperal Shield (LOL Mage nerf <3), Ice Barrier, Icy Veins, Alter Time, basically any mage buffs, Hand of Sacrifice, Blessing of Protection, Divine Favor, Power word shield (if it’s not too much trouble), Freedoms. Try hitting a mage when he is clean compared to when he is not, if you connect to him with no buffs he is basically dead. The cleaner the target, the more damage you do. If you see a potential switch target in arena, start to clean him off before you go on him. -If you know a rogue is going to open on you, pre-pop capacitor totem, and shamanistic rage (garrote silence). -Always keep healing stream totem on cooldown. -When you hex, always see if you can cross CC -Look for easy ways to drop capacitor totem (when not running totemic projection), any CC that keeps the enemy still like scatter, warrior target fear, poly, etc... you can time capacitor to stun out of it. -When playing against a lock team, team (especially if they have a shaman and they always hex you) dispel their agony on CD. It stops alot of damage and is extremely annoying for them. Just dispel whoever gets a 10 stack agony. Very effective vs L.S.D and WLS -When a rsham links, drop a cap stun. This is a great way to land a stun on 2+ people, the success rate goes up depending how much pressure you have. -Keep an eye on priest healers, when they move away from their pillar, and pop a feather, they want to fear. Either slow them, or get ready to pre-tremor. Grounding Totem - Predicting the spells -If a resto druid dispacer beast's TOWARDS YOUR TEAM he is most likely going to bash/disorient cyclone some one. Prepare to pre-ground incase you are the target if not, then shear. -With the change to hunter traps, its been incredbily hard to ground traps, but not impossible. Look for signs of CC on your healer like HoJ, binding shot, really anything to keep them still and traps off CD. Though I have found most hunter's will juke our grounding totem due to how easy it is to trap now, so even look for concussive shot. -You can ground a warlock's blood fear. -With ice block glyph, mages have aura mastery out of it for a few seconds. Use grounding to get the poly. -When I pally rushes in with speed of light, he is most likely going to HoJ your healer, ground it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 8. Addons / UI So here is my UI, take it or leave it, but I like it: http://i.imgur.com/SER1AOE.jpg Try not to clutter your UI with useless stuff. Make sure everthing is clear, and you notice everything as soon as it pops. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9. FAQ Ask me questions! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10. Other Resources The internet is full of resources for you to get better at enhance: My youtube channel: [https://www.youtube....user/Tactic1048 My twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/tacticq If you are ever in a bad mood, or on the verge of quiting enhance, look at my twitch highlights, they are all one shots for the most part, they make me happy :). Be sure to sub and follow! <33 There is also this: http://www.twitch.tv/vanguardstv http://www.twitch.tv/diablous You can also take a look at vanguards guide on AJ: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/237461-vanguards-enhance-shaman-guide-603 Shaman 1: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Tacticq/simple Shaman 2: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Tacticq Shaman 3: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Tacticq/advanced Shaman 4: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/TacticTacticq70 Sep 20
Feb 18 WoD 6.0.3 Enhancement PvE Guide - FIRE NOVA If you have any questions/concerns, you can (and should!) post in this thread instead of making a new one, to help reduce forum clutter. 1. Introduction This is a PvE guide for Enhancement in Warlords of Draenor. I’m Chillbros and I wrote the guide for Mists of Pandaria (with theorycrafting help from some pro players). Last expansion I was in a couple top-20 US guilds for a couple tiers but this expansion I’m taking a relaxed approach to the game. However, seeing the huge number of enhancement shaman who have no idea what they’re doing, I figured I’d get another guide posted seeing as all the other top enhancement players are lazy. 2. Playstyle Enhancement is best understood as the caster-melee spec, as we have an even distribution of physical damage and magic damage. What makes Enhancement more unique than that, however, is that we are the only melee class that has no resource mechanic whatsoever. Mana doesn’t really count, because you never treat it like a resource like other classes would, as it is pretty much always full unless you are spamming heals. Ret paladins also use mana and are melee, but Holy Power is closer to their main resource. The lack of a resource for Enhancement is unnerving for many, but it’s what makes Enhancement the spec it is. In Cataclysm, it was one of the reasons we had subpar DPS in many situations thanks to scaling issues and lack of burst DPS, but in Mists of Pandaria we were at an amazing spot PvE-wise. In Warlords of Draenor, we seem to have lost some of our luster as a single target monster, but our AoE is god-tier, so we’re still pretty good. At high-end progression you might be sat for a DPS check like Butcher, but you’re pretty much required for Imperator and Tectus. One aspect of Enhancement that is often confusing is the matter of which hand to put the higher-ilvl weapon in. For a long time the mainhand always got the better weapon, but now that Lava Lash can be reset by Flame Shock, the higher ilvl weapon should go in the offhand, to maximize Lava Lash damage. 3. Spells and Priorities Now that all of that wordy stuff is out of the way, let’s get to the nitty gritty.First I outline most of the abilities that are relevant to Enhancement DPS, then I outline what your action priority will be. While some of you might be familiar with "DPS Rotations" an action priority list is a little different. Because of the randomness of procs like Echo of the Elements and the reset on our Lava Lash cooldown, in addition to haste reducing cooldowns, and the randomness of Maelstrom Weapon procs to top it all off, it's pretty much impossible to follow a strict rotation. Instead, you must memorize a short list of abilities. These abilities will vary in importance, with the abilities at the top of a list being the most important, and abilities at the bottom being the least. What this means is if you have three abilities off cooldown and ready to be used, for example Frost Shock, Stormstrike, and Lava Lash, then you will use Storm Strike first, because it is higher on the list than the other two. Flurry: A passive ability that makes haste the king stat for most gear and talent configurations. Flurry causes haste to reduce most of our cooldowns and their respective global cooldown, meaning the more haste you have, the more abilities you can use. Flurry’s new effect is the biggest change this expansion compared to previous ones, allowing haste cooldowns like bloodlust to actually have an impact on how we play. Maelstrom Weapon: A passive ability that causes our melee attacks to have a chance to give us a stacking buff. Each stack reduces the cast time and mana cost of our Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Healing Surge. Each stack also increases the damage and healing of those spells by 10%, and you can have a max of 5 stacks. This passive is slightly deceiving; even though you might want to only cast Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning when you have 5 stacks, it is actually beneficial to cast those spells at less than 5 stacks if you have nothing else to do. Sometimes it’s even worth casting Lightning Bolt at 3 stacks if the only ability that you can use is Frost Shock, but more on that later. Lightning Bolt: Lightning Bolt is our main Maelstrom spender, and is generally at the top of our priority. It is a ranged spell, and is one of the main reasons we don’t have a DPS “rotation” and instead have a priority list, as you can never tell when it’s going to come up to be cast. Stormstrike: Our iconic Shaman ability, an enhancement cornerstone since Vanilla. Stormstrike attacks the target with both of our weapons and puts up a debuff that increases the critical strike chance of our Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning on the target. Each weapon strike also has a chance to give us a maelstrom stack. Flame Shock: Enhancement’s Damage over Time ability. It doesn’t deal a lot of up-front damage, but it stays on the target for 30 seconds, and its damage adds up. Each damage “tic” from the debuff also has a chance to reset the cooldown of our Lava Lash, which is nice. We generally want to pair Flame Shock with the Unleashed Flame buff from our Unleash Elements ability, which will increase its damage by 30%. Lava Lash: Another ability that adds a little variability to our priority thanks to its random chance to have its cooldown reset, Lava Lash strikes the target with our offhand weapon and deals Fire damage, which means it scales with our mastery and bypasses armor. Lava Lash is also required for our AoE, as it spreads Flame Shock to 6 nearby targets. Each of these Flame Shocks also can reset the cooldown on Lava Lash, which means the more Flame Shocks you spread, the more Lava Lash resets you get, the more Flame Shocks you spread, and so on. Unleash Elements: Unleash Elements is our “buff” spell, it causes our autoattacks to be faster and our next Fire Spell (Fire Nova or Flame Shock) to deal 30% more damage. It can also be enhanced by our talent Unleashed Fury, but more on that later. It also increases our movement speed for 4 seconds. Frost Shock: The bastard child spell of Enhancement. Located at the bottom of priority and close to the bottom on recount, this spell is the one we hit when we have nothing else to do besides refreshing Searing Totem. Chain Lightning: Good if there’s 2 (or 3, glyphed) targets to hit. Otherwise you’re better off with Lightning Bolt. Chain Lightning is our most unimportant AoE spell. Fire Nova: Enhancement’s AoE, Fire Nova causes each of your targets with Flame Shock to damage every target around them (but not themselves, so you don’t want to use it on single target). Put up Flame Shock, hit Lava Lash, and spam Fire Nova. It caps out at 7 targets, but even then 7 is a huge amount of damage from Fire Nova. Searing Totem: Our main DPS totem, it lasts 60 seconds and spits fire at our target. Many shaman hate it because it feels weak but is still required for DPS, but I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for it. Magma Totem: Emits an AoE that deals damage, use when at least 2 targets are up. Elemental Blast: A pretty straightforward spell, deals damage and gives you 500 crit, mastery, haste, multistrike, or Agility. Not bad, just not as good of a talent as PE or UF as it complicates our priority more than Primal Elementalist and Unleashed Fury. Feral Spirit: Summons two Feral Spirits to fight alongside us for 30 seconds. Their attacks also heal us. This spell is one of our 3 DPS cooldowns outside of talents, and is the most insignificant of the 3. Fire Elemental Totem: Our big ##*#@@*@ DPS cooldown. It summons a Fire Elemental that lasts for a full minute that tears apart our enemies. It can also be buffed through PE, making it even more potent as a DPS cooldown. Keep in mind that if you use PE, you rarely want to use the ability the elemental has that passively increases your damage by 5%, as the damage it contributes through melees is much higher. Ascendance: This spell offers decent burst to Enhancement. It causes our autoattacks and Storm Strike to have a 30 yard range and cut through the targets armor. Liquid Magma: One of our level-100 talents, this spews out balls of lava that target random enemies and explode when they make contact. It deals the most damage of our level-100 talents. Storm Elemental Totem: Deals damage and heals based on the damage it does. Not that great, and is not as powerful as Liquid Magma. Contrary to PE’s tooltip, it DOES NOT buff Storm Elemental. Elemental Mastery: 2 minute haste cooldown. Not much to say here, pretty self-explanatory. Ancestral Swiftness: Passive haste buff. Unleashed Fury: Causes your Unleash Elements spell to also increase the damage of your Lightning Bolt by 30% and gives you 5% multistrike. Primal Elementalist: Increases the power of your elemental totems by 80% (but not storm elemental) Lightning Strikes: Increases the benefit we gain from haste rating by 5%. One of the reasons haste is our best stat. Lightning Shield: A 60 minute buff that causes those who attack you to take damage. Keep it up, but otherwise you can ignore it. 3b. Priority List Depending on your talent selection, you will have a slightly different priority list. I’ll outline each here. First off, if you have Liquid Magma, then you will just want to use it whenever you can, i.e. every time it comes off cooldown. If you have Elemental Fusion, then you will want to ensure that every time you reapply Flame Shock, it has both the Unleashed Flame buff and two stacks of Elemental Fusion. If you have UF your priority is as follows: ST_0 UE SS (if you have Ascendance) LB_5 SS FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is not up, and Unleash Flame buff is active) LL LB_3 (As long as the Unleashed Fury: Flame debuff is on the target) FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is up, and Unleash Flame buff is active) FrS LB_1 ST (Just to refresh it) If you have PE, your priority is as follows: ST_0 SS (if you have Ascendance) LB_5 SS LL FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is not up, and Unleash Flame buff is active) UE FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is up, and Unleash Flame buff is active) FrS LB_1 ST (Just to refresh it) If you have EB, your priority is as follows: ST_0 EB (cast if you have at least 4 stacks of MW) SS (if you have Ascendance) LB_5 SS LL UE FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is not up, and Unleash Flame buff is active) FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is up, and Unleash Flame buff is active) FrS LB_1 ST (Just to refresh it) For AoE with 2 targets, you'll want to replace Lightning Bolt with Chain Lightning, Searing Totem with Magma Totem, and place Fire Nova above Frost Shock in priority. On 3 targets you'll move Fire Nova to the top of your priority, and want to use the buff from Unleash Elements on it instead of Flame Shock, as the flameshocks spread by Lava Lash do not retain the UE buff if your target had it. If you know AoE is coming up soon, it's a good idea to make sure you have a good amount of time left on your Flame Shock and start saving Lava Lash until you can spread your flame shock and begin fire nova'ing away. As far as cooldowns go, you generally want to use all of them on the pull, when you have prepot and trinket procs. As the fight goes on, it's a good idea to try to line up cooldowns with procs and hold on to them if you know Bloodlust or some other damage buff is coming soon. E.g. if it looks like the boss will die in 3 minutes, you might want to wait on using Ascendance until you can line it up with Elemental Mastery, as you only get one more use of Ascendance in the fight anyway. This tier, Enhance's single target is very weak. Luckily for us, the number of fights that have only one target are less than the fights with more than one target. While we will appear weak on Butcher, Ogron, and maybe Brackenspore, intelligent use of Fire Nova on Kargath, Tectus, Ko'ragh, and Imperator will make us very strong. On mythic, an enhance might get sat on the first kill or two of Butcher, but they will be virtually required for Tectus, Koragh, and Imperator. Fire Nova is life. 4. Talents and Glyphs Blizzard continually tries to balance and rebalance these talents to where choosing them is entirely up to personal choice. As far as DPS goes, however, there will always be a mathematically superior option. Tier 1: Defensive Abilities Pretty straightforward tier. Your choice will vary from fight to fight. If you tend to have constant damage occurring with no spikes, Stone Bulwark is the best. If you have high-damage phases that are short, Astral Shift is the winner. If you don't feel like pushing a defensive CD or if there's a fight where you really shouldn't be taking much damage, Nature's Guardian is a good fallback. Tier 2: Snares and Snare Protection The most situational tier we have. Pick each talent according to whatever you need in any situation. For instance, if you need an add to be CCd'd in one spot, then Earthgrab might be the correct choice. If you need to be cleared of movement impairing affects, like the frost orb on Ko'ragh or Slow from the adds on Imperator, then you want to use Windwalk. Rarely you might need a ranged snare, in which case Frozen Power will be your go-to. Tier 3: Totem Enhancements Again, a tier that has more to do with personal flavor than anything. I’ve used Totem Projection all expansion, however Call of the Elements can be useful if you ever need two Stone Bulwarks in a minute or something of that nature. Pure DPS wise, Totemic Projection can be useful so you don’t have to replace ST if the boss moves too much, or need to move a totem into a better position for Liquid Magma. It's also worth mentioning that Totemic Projection is off the GCD, meaning you can cast it whenever you want without losing DPS! Totemic Persistence isn't too useful, but may see some situational possibilities if you for some reason need two totems of the same element (that isn’t fire). Tier 4: DPS buffs All three talents see use in any given raid. Elemental Mastery is useful if burst is needed, and currently sims the highest, especially when paired with Primal Elementalist. Ancestral Swiftness is good if you don’t want to manage the cooldown of Elemental Mastery and is good for sustained damage. Echo of the Elements is good for soloing and for AoE, because it can reset the cooldown of Fire Nova. Tier 5: Heals First off, Conductivity is almost useless. You may get a super-long HR down, but it can't move and it was never that hard to maintain in the first place, and it heals for pathetic numbers. Ancestral Guidance heals for almost nothing unless you have a huge amount of AoE damage from Fire Nova, and Rushing Streams is ok but not great. Tier 6: More DPS buffs Unleashed Fury is the easiest to use, you just change your priority slightly. PE takes a little more effort because you want to use your DPS CD's wisely, and EB is the most difficult as it adds another spell into the priority, and it can't be casted while moving. Currently, all choices are very close in DPS, with PE in the lead by a small amount and EB being behind by a larger amount. Tier 7: EVEN MORE DPS buffs Liquid magma is the strongest by far. Elemental Fusion is kind of brainless and Storm Elemental Totem is ok if your group is absolutly dying for more heals, but no you should really just us Liquid Magma. Glyphs Most major glyphs are situational or fit personal playstyles, so I’ll just go over how I personally feel about the ones I use. Spirit Walk: Reduced cooldown and reduced duration is useful if you need to move quickly and often. I often find the 15 second duration is overkill anyway, and don't generally find the 11.25 duration to be restrictive. Feral Spirits: Already a useful self-healing tool, this glyph just makes them even more potent. However, this relies on you receiving high damage when you would usually have your wolves out, or having to sit on them until a high damage phase to get the full benefit. Fire Elemental Totem: Situationally varies from fight to fight. It can be beneficial to use the glyph and delay EM by 30 seconds to line it up with Fire Elemental, but you should see what feels most comfortable for you. Chain Lightning: Decent on fights with more than 3 targets that you’d be hitting with chain lighting. Flame Shock: Some crappy little heal. Good for fights with a large amount of constant AoE, mediocre for everything else. Fire Nova: More range means more targets getting hit unless they’re in an incredibly neat pile. Pretty much used for any fight with AoE. Healing Stream Totem: Your HST now gives the targets it hits a buff which reduces elemental damage taken by 10%. Helpful for healers, especially if you’re dropping it as often as you can when you have downtime in your priority (which you should!) Purge: Probably won't use this much, unless there's any dispell mechanics this tier that only have two stacks and need to be taken off ASAP. Shamanistic Rage: Not bad, but you’re using a 1 minute cooldown to clear something that healers should be taking care of anyway. Useful on some fights if there's nothing else to use (unlikely). Lightning Shield: Pretty much mandatory on any fight that has consistent damage. 5. Stat Weights/Gems/Enchants This early in the expansion, our stat weights are very volatile until we get to high gear levels. Personally, I’ve seen almost every possible permutation of the ranking of our secondary stats as I’ve been gearing up. Also, as of right now, we want the highest ilvl weapon in our offhand! At entry gear levels, and if you don’t care too much about maximizing your personal DPS, you’ll follow this priority: Agility > Haste>Mastery=Multistrike > Crit=Versatility It is worth mentioning, however, that generally ilvl is king and you do not want to avoid picking up a piece of gear with a 665 ilvl and crit and versatility, just because your 640 ilvl piece has haste and mastery. However, if you really want to know where stats lie for you, you should import your character to Simcraft and find out by using the Scaling option. Gems Haste gems. All the way. Enchants Haste enchants all the way. For weapons, using Shattered Hand on both weapons is very close in DPS to using Warsong and Bleeding Hollow in heroic dungeon gear, so don't break your wallet getting the expensive enchants. However the disparity increases as you get more gear, so by the time you're getting mythic or heroic gear you might want to switch to Bleeding Hollow and Warsong. 6. Credit First I would like to thank Purge, whose contribution to Enhancement theorycrafting and discussion is beyond incredible. He is the hero that enhancement needs, not the one we deserve. I'd also like to thank Elam for introducing me to Enhancement with his guide in Cataclysm. If you would like to see more discussion on enhancement, totemspot.com has a good community of active enhancers. Also reddit's /r/enh could use some more lively members as well! :)Chillbros84 Feb 18
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Shaman: Please Read! Welcome to the Shaman forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the shaman class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
2m Enhancement Class Hall 6-piece Hey there, Im just looking for a bid of guidance with gearing, specifically around whether its worth upgrading class hall set pieces in comparison to what im currently doing by collecting mythic dungeon gear/WQ gear with stat specific where I can. I guess more about how viable that 500 Agi increase is compared to the stats on the set. Any General advice is also appreciated. Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dathremar/Cathode/simpleCathode1 2m
4m Whatever happened to.. Being able to change stats on gear. I'm a returning player and have tons of mastery. I had to bench my best trinket because it had mastery on it. I'm just a casual player due to working to much. 80 hours a week last 2 weeks and 60 this week. But anyways it seems like it would be awsome this expansion to be able to tweek your stats like you used to be able to.Wolverein6 4m
29m Noob 100 Ele shaman needs help How can I solo as Ele? Just got my artifact and things kill me faster than I can. I don't have a bodyguard yet. Which talents should I be using? I found soloing much easier as a Mage or a Warlock. Help!Selphius0 29m
37m Player of 12 years. First time being benched. I know no one from Blizzard will sympathize with me, or even put much thought into reading this, but I just honestly need to vent. I've been a player of this game for 12 years (at least I will, coming this november), and for the first time, I have been benched because I just cannot keep up in DPS. We're 4/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare, and I'll still be able to do that I guess, but soon we're moving on to mythic, and I'm going to be left behind. I've been in this guild for about two years now. I've always been top 5 DPS as shaman, as either ele or enhance. I've never had a problem with pulling my own weight. But now, for the first time in the history of the game, I'm being told "sorry, you just can't keep up". The buffs today did not help at all. I'm still so far behind on single target, regardless of talent setup. I just wanted to let you know. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But this is the state of Elemental Shaman, and while I don't have any specifics to offer you, something needs to change. Please let this post be the one that inspires you to take a deeper look at the spec.Ayja15 37m
1h Ele needs flat 20% buff to be competitive DPS Lets just get that on the table.Chriswilson7 1h
1h Dear REAL Ele shamans. This is directed at those who actually are about 840+ iLvL, properly stacking Crit and Haste above all else. What kind of numbers are you pulling? Is Elemental easily above 215k now? I only ask because while I am currently a Resto main, I've been DPSing as our raid has a lot of great healers, but lack a lot of good DPS. (Weird man...weird...) Now, I don't mind Enhance, don't get me wrong. But when we tighten up on some Heroic raids, I would much rather be ranged because....well, Ranged is ranged. Always more favorable. So, let me know please. I would have to focus on getting all new gear since most of mine is Mastery, and I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want that pain unless it is somewhat warranted.Tetsnoobn36 1h
2h Enhancement queries How's enhancement doing in PVE in legion? DPS,levelling, survivability and fun ??. Wanting to get mine to 110 as my alt.Naethrorn5 2h
2h Why Crit>Haste over Crit/Mastery? A lot of Elemental Shamans have been going with the copy paste crit haste build provided by Icy Veins which to me is completely wrong, which is why most of you are not seeing amazing results. The only reason Crit > Haste > Mastery was even a thing is because in WoD they took away elemental overload, and since your other Mastery was just passive damage, the only thing that could manipulate it was stacking crit so that molten earth would hit hard, and stacking haste so that we could spam our fillers more often. The original MoP build was haste mastery in the time when we could cast Lightning bolt while moving, since we had good uptime on mobs we need the haste and mastery to hit more often. Now in Legion since we're grounded and have less uptime on targets that require movement we need to make sure that when we finally do get to cast, we can hit as hard as possible. Which is why Crit>Mastery>Haste build makes the most sense. Some caveman math examples: Normal Lightning bolt damage = 42k My 820 Elemental Shaman crits for 115k (Lightning bolt) Give or take 5k. With Crit>Haste I just do a measily 115k since my chance at overloading a Lightning bolt is not even close to 1 in 3 chance. With Crit>Mastery I do a measily 115k + 31.5k (75% of normal LB) since my overloading chance is high with a 2 in 3 chance of a 2nd cast. Not to mention that the 31.5k can also crit which would do about 75k give or take 5k. with a greater possiblity of 115 + 75k = 190k Although both calcs builds have rng of Mastery and Crit, it's safer and more consistent to build towards Crit Mastery since it seems Mastery scales really well and really high. which means even if you don't get the 1 in 4 chance to crit you can at least get the 2 in 3 chance of hitting twice. The haste difference isnt very big, one can achieve about 1.4 -1.5 sec cast time or less with heavy haste investment vs about 1.66 -1.78 cast time with minimal investment. In the end.... You can cast more frequently for a 1 in 4 chance ( 1 in 3 chance if geared) chance for 1 lightning bolt to crit. Or You can cast less frequent for a 1 in 4 chance ( 1 in 3 chance if geared) for a chance at 1 lightning bolt crit plus a 2 in 3 chance ( 3 in 4 chance if geared) chance at casting another lightning bolt. I've tried both builds to the best of my ability (Bought some 815 crit haste gear, and some 815 crit mastery gear). I found Crit > Mastery to get me to 100 maelstrom quicker which meant better aoe performance and frequent earthshock dumps. Icy veins Crit > Haste doesn't seem to be doing well what so ever and it seems a lot of shamans are just going for that without even trying out other stat builds. Hopefully for those who at least took a glimpse and tried to understand see that crit>mastery is honestly the best way to go. Getting like 20-25% haste shouldnt be too hard to get on the side.Blvdblood5 2h
2h Elemental still sucks Ok so we had a couple of buffs from what i seen and elemental is still bottom we r so damn weak its not even funny i've read there was a bug and they r working on this but i'm not 100% sure if thats true im hoping it is an we get better b.c if not then gg elemental sham you will be missedÄrtemîs1 2h
2h Is enhancement good in raids Im an orc shaman and I was wondering if shamans are useful in raids and pvp?Smokemyass6 2h
3h Enhancement Hidden Artifact Skin Confirmed to drop from this week's world boss. It's an actual drop, not a token loot item so you can't roll a second time for it.Loximer25 3h
3h Enh survivalbility feel weak. Just me? I recently hit 110, and brought my iL to 811 and I know I don't expect a very smooth experience, but it seems to me just one mob can hit me just once and take I'm going to say 20% of my hp per swing and possibly more per cast. For me to stay above 60%, I pretty much have to cast a heal after every two abilities (if not one) and the ancestral spirit CD, while short, doesn't provide me with much comfort. My question? Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else feel squishy? -Much love, AzmindelAzmindel3 3h
3h Elemental shamans are still quite weak... The buffs were needed but they're just not enough, we still pull consistently lower numbers than almost every other DPS spec, by quite a bit too I was so excited for today, but it seems like the elemental dream is still just a dreamStormtotem61 3h
3h Lava Burst bugged in PvP? Lava Burst crits in PvP are for around 100k whereas otherwise they are around 200k. Is this a bug or is it intended?Sneeb1 3h
4h About Relics From Icy Veins: ... I have a 825 Relic on my Iron Slot that provides +1 for Gathering of the Maelstrom skill (resource regen), and today got am 840 Titanforged Iron Relic that gives me +1 Rank in Elemental Healing. Should I prioritize ilvl over resource regen in this case?Vulcän1 4h
4h Ele Stat Priorities/Ratios I've seen plenty of stat priority lists for Elemental, but none of them ever talk about the ratio between the stats. How much Intellect=Crit=Haste=Versatility=Mastery. I'm basically just trying to figure out when I should be choosing Int over Crit, etc.Bastok6 4h
4h Calling all resto mains, a discussion How are you all structuring your AP tree in regards to talents? anything you'd like to share or think is especially good for healing/resto? at the current time, I run a pretty standard build, except for the fact that I prefer the talent that gives double riptide/ double healing stream totem. Pairing that talent with the AP traits that gives riptide a chance to spawn a small healing totem, and the trait that allows healing stream to heal an additional x amount over 6 seconds after healing is blowing my heals off the charts, especially in a raid format where healing stream totem can hit almost every raid member within its 15 second duration, thus applying an otherwise not used heal over time to everyone. It's great! What about you all? Are you guys finding any neat traits that combine into talents or anything? I feel like in my lust to get to artifact power level 20 I may have overlooked some other combinations, but double riptide and double healing stream seems really strong right now for a raiding situation.Throze17 4h
4h Eye of the Twisting Nether Heya Shaman friends, I got lucky (or unlucky) tonight and got the Eye of the Twisting Nether legendary on my fresh 110 Shaman (yet nothing on my Mage, ty RNG). I mainly play Elemental, so I'm wondering if and how this ring changes my priorities. Obviously the Fire and Nature buffs are easy to keep up, but the only way I see to keep the Frost buff up is to add Frost Shock into the mix. Is it worth doing so, and would that make Icefury worth taking over Primal Elementalist? http://www.wowhead.com/item=137050/eye-of-the-twisting-nether <- for reference.Sylosis9 4h
4h [Serious] Blue, Ele impossible to pvp The math doesn't add up to me..... How is an elemental shaman supposed to fight in pvp against melee who can stick to you AND do 60-100k more dps to you (if you were able to free cast, which you can't) How is this acceptable performance? I am so frustrated because when I play, unless I hide in a bush and free cast - I am perm beat on, no way to get away. I try spam frost shock and run, but many classes have enough gap closers and snare breaks to still deliver kill dmg to me. - Meanwhile, I am spamming 4k dmg frost shocks just to SLOW their dps a little. They completely negate ALL my dmg, while still maintaining over 50% of theirs. - Everyone can silence, so my 1 sec of cast time is now gone, I think GCD is activated, and I have to start another 1.8 sec cast to do ANY dmg. Meanwhile I am being hit on. - Healing is impossible unless you hide and even then, it barely heals 5-10% of your hp it feels for a over 1 sec cast, meanwhile our melee spec and many other melee get instant-cast healing. - Zero defense is beyond frustrating. I can do 1 of 3 things when engaged; talent jump away, ghost wolf and run away at 100% speed, or activate a 8 sec defensive cd does nothing but lower dmg (something other casters get baseline). We have no shield, no way to cast uninterrupted, zero defense in cc. It honestly feels like this spec was NOT intended for pvp gameplay at all, not even casual play is possible, it's not just unrewarding, it's actually frustrating to a point of causing anger, from a game I pay money to enjoy? Now I could reroll, or play my other char, but I WANT TO PLAY ELEMENTAL! ... What should I do blues? Wait for hotfixes that will most likely not happen? I'm pretty sure it was said that no changes to spells will occur really, mostly tweaks to dmg numbers, but it feels like our spec MECHANICS are the issue, not just our dmg (which lol at 1.9 sec cast for 16k dmg, meanwhile my tank DH did over 150k from an instant cast at same level). Sorry if this is stuff others are going blue in the face talking about.... just so frustrated, had to vent.Sigfodr20 4h
4h Post 10-28 Hotfix Stat Weights Does anyone know what the new stat weights are? Also, how do you find these out for future reference? Thanks!Moejo2 4h
4h Hotfix bugon Lightning Rod Lightning Rod also is NOT being affected by the buffs like Elemental OverloadSietten1 4h
5h Lets see all those beautiful Xmogs Now that armory is working, rate the xmog above you! Edit, i've changed it up. Would like to see what ya'll think.Chriswilson170 5h
5h ATTN BLIZZ: HOTFIX IS BUGGED! So..here's the list of changes Elemental Mastery effects increased by 12.5%. Chain Lightning Maelstrom generation increased to 6. Lightning Bolt (Elemental) damage increased by 23%. Chain Lightning (Elemental) damage increased by 23%. Lava Burst damage increased by 5%. Storm Elemental (Talent)’s Call Lightning and Wind Gust damage increased by 20%. Ok, so what is CURRENTLY happening is you added the damage to the original cast, but not the overload damage. Currently we are missing 23% damage from chain lightning overloads and lightning bolt overloads, and 5% from lava burst overloads.. Any chance you can fix this ASAP? i.e here are some numbers to prove it. With MoTE (Master of the Elements) Lightning bolt - hit 54571 - overload 37245 (68% instead of 84%) Lava burst - hit 69724 - overload 55906 (80% instead of 84%) Without MoTE Lightning bolt - crit 153 846 - overload 93751 (61% instead of 75% ..missing 23%) Lava Burst - crit 212318 - overload 152029 (71.6% instead of 75% ...missing 5%)Fauzen74 5h
5h Ele sham Interview for the luls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5BkS3SCUU&feature=youtu.beKimchiblows11 5h
5h Spec I have been noticing that many Ele shams are starting to play Lightning Rod over Ascendance. I know that for initial burst Ascendance is amazing, but we tend to taper off way down. Can you explain the reasoning for going Lightning Rod over Ascendance.Gleeks1 5h
6h Enhancement DPS OR INSTA KICK? Since pre patch shaman enhancement was bad i look at my recount and even the tankers deal more dmg them me with low or equal gear i'm 848 and i study a lot the rotations on pre patch i barely see a shaman enhancement on queue's i realy like shaman enhancement but was bad before and still bad now i really want to know if i need to giveup in my spec who was my first class/spec on wow sorry for my bad englishCairna16 6h
6h Control of Lava vs Fire and Ice Might have forgotten the fire and ice honor talent name, but it's the one used for the Icefury build. Now, my question. I see a lot of posts that say "Control of Lava" makes it so much better to PvP as ele. How? Do you guys use the talent to set up a burst window with ASC and just spam LvB? Does this work in 3s? I can only imagine you being locked down as it's not very subtle. Genuinely curious as I haven't tested anything but the Icefury build thus far.Gandulor3 6h
6h Rsham hidden artifact skin Can you get the hidden artifact skin from chests at the end of mythic+? Also, does it drop confirmed from normal, heroic, and mythic?Carperoni7 6h
7h Ride the Lightning Buffed? I've reset my honor talents, so I can't test, but the tooltip for Ride the Lightning now says it does the same amount of damage as Forked Lightning. Undocumented hotfix?Kreatine3 7h
7h Resto stat weight. Noxxic says: Intellect [9.06] > Mastery [7.56] > Crit [6.06] > Haste [4.56] > Versatility [3.06]. I really don't trust Noxxic half the time, but this is the only stat weights I found. Thoughts?Baatis18 7h
8h Need a Resto Shaman Pawn String As the title says. I have been looking everywhere for a Pawn Stat String for resto, new to the add on so not sure how to do it myself. Any help would be much appreciated.Eilander4 8h
8h L2heal? Hey Everyone I've been thinking about dipping my toe into the healing waters and I wanted to know the best way to learn? I've never really healed in an MMO before and for whatever reason Resto just doesn't read as super intuitive to me. Thoughts? Tips? Tricks?Grimnær17 8h
9h Orc or Tauren? I currently have a level 40 Pandaren Resto Shaman that I've been playing as my alt. I originally liked the Pandaren race but as I've been playing I just really don't, at least for a shaman. I've already purchased a race change for him (I could've just started over but I've leveled his mining and jewelcrafting as well) but I'm debating between Orc or Tauren. I love Tauren in general but am questioning it because I'd like to make a Tauren Druid or Warrior at somepoint possibly (I don't like to have multiple characters of the same race) and Orcs are Orcs, can't go wrong with them. So basically my question is, should I roll Orc or Tauren? This is completely based on aesthetics, that's what I always base the characters I choose on in any game. I can't play a character if I don't like the way it looks. Haha. So which race looks better in shaman gear, which has better animations (casting), which race just fits a Resto Shaman the best, etc, etc. All and any input greatly helps!Shepp2 9h
9h Chain Lightning Range Change Reverted? There was a change in HFC that allowed chain lightning to properly chain to adds if you were to chain lightning off the boss. Chain lightning no longer does this. For example mythic Nythendra you can't chain lightning off the boss to hit people who are mind controlled.Duck0 9h
9h What is elemental shaman good at? It's not a """TANKY""" caster like Warlock, it's not a high burst caster, it has no sustain nor decent CC even less, any mobility at all. Then what's the strenght of Elemental Shaman if there's any? Nice looking special effects? I want an answer from Blizzard.Sietten16 9h
9h Permanent Fire Elemental? Today we got our buffs. Sadly its still not enough to be considered decent for raids. currently we are definitely still under performing on long encounters. i'd think making fire elemental permanent would help immensely and tune fire elemental down to make sure its not too strong or at least lower the cool down on it to match ascendance? not sure if lowering the cool down would even help that much but id definitely much rather like to see the perm fire ele. Just an idea love to hear the feed backFabiana3 9h
9h Enhance sham pvp talent build Title. Anyone mind recommending a good talent build for arenas and bgs alike? MACROS AS WELL PLEASE FOR 2s/3sCrabofjuly10 9h
9h Water Walking Any chance we can get the same QoL change to Water Walking that DKs enjoy with Path of Frost and be able to cast it without dismounting? C'mon Blizz, don't be a hater.Ilneval5 9h
9h Ride the lightning buffed? swweeeeeeeeettttChriswilson0 9h
9h Stats Hey guys, I was just curious about where my stats should be around for an Enhance shaman. My armory is not up to date but I am currently at: 26% crit 65% mastery 25% haste I was wondering if those are decent stats. To me it feels well rounded but I would like your guys opinions on the matter. Thank You!Puntadwarf8 9h
9h Master of the Elements is bugged TLDR: Master of the Elements doesn't work - specifically - when your lightning bolts are buffed by Stormkeeper or Elemental Focus. It works under every other circumstance except when those two buffs are active so clearly it is a bug. EDIT: updated with latest results Without stormkeeper or elemental focus, all LB overloads are hitting for 84% as intended if you have master of the elements. However, there is still a problem. With stormkeeper up (200% LB buff): LB hit for ~160k, Overload hit for ~120k. That is 75% With elemental focus up (10% LB buff): LB hit for ~58K, OL hit for 44k. That is 75%. Conclusion: - LBs NOT buffed by elemental focus or stormkeeper are procing for 84% damage, as intended. - LBs buffed through elemental focus OR stormkeeper are only procing for 75%, ignoring master of the elements which would bring it up to 84% So we're almost there Blizzard, keep fixing it please :)Deltronzero9 9h
10h Enh Shaman/macro question. Ok so I have the Logitech 700s with the Hyperwheel (I know the other one is better but I love the hyperwheel.) Anyway for anyone that has one what or how do you find the best way to button it up is for Shaman?Quatto1 10h
11h ele hotfixes did they move the hotfixes for ele to next week? I'm testing lighting bolt and it doesn't feel like it has been buffed at all.Goldenshock19 11h
11h Resto Trinkets So the stat sticks what are you guys opinions. I have a 1023 int / 865 crit one (830 IL) and i was wondering if it would be better than horn of valor/concave reflecting lens??Pizarö3 11h
11h Ele - Artifact path after buffs? Hello everyone! With the hotfixes coming in, I was wondering if it would be worth it to go back and pick up Master of the Elements. Thoughts/ideas? Open to all constructive criticism. Thanks guys.Hurrïcane0 11h
12h Ele/enh new DPS Update Well, looks as it changed again.. at least we are higher than we used to be. Take a look! http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.htmlOceanlâb12 12h