Shaman

Jan 10, 2012 So the hunter's got one... Where's my Resto PVE CD for me! :D :DTelluric4 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Rolling a shammy Orc or spacegoats?Lexodus16 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 shaman newb, gear question I just got my shaman alt to 85 today and have started farming jp and vp. My question is what would be the best order to get gear from the vendors? Pretty much only played my warrior so i have no idea.Marston4 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Arena Rsham Trinket question. Hi there, I'm fairly new to resto shamans, especially in arenas. I have several toons over 2k including another healing class. I notice I'm quite squishy as a Rshaman, so I'm really not sure if I should use two resil trinkets or this new pve one I got. It's on in my armory right now, it's the intellect (chance to heal someone on healing crits). I still have 4300 resil with it on, and that will only go up as I upgrade more. The problem is, I was noticing how squishy I was with 4690 resil before, I'm not sure how I'll adjust to 4300ish in arenas. I know a tsunami deck or the other LFR healing trinket is probably better, but this is what I have for now. TLDR This pve trinket I have on, or my battlemasters.Ertrea2 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Move fire nova radius increase to enhance Or at least put it low enough in the elemental tree that enhance can get to it. Having a talent that boosts an ability only used by enhance in the elemental tree makes no sense. It is just a hold over from before patch 4.3. I'd suggest decoupling fire nova from elemental reach and putting it In searing flames. please fix thank you. Svarok2 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Bottled Wishes use So, I just picked up Bottled Wishes, I know I should use it with FET, but after that I wonder if I should be using it on CD, or even try to line it up with EM when they are both off. Anybody know the answer to this? Any help is greatly appreciated.Ryko1 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 T13 LFR Question Hello, I was wondering if it is worth it, considering my gear, to continue torturing myself each week running LFR for the t13 upgrades? Basically my question is boiling down to, is the tier bonuses i would get with the lfr t13 better than just getting the valor pieces until my guild starts running normal DS regularly? (and yes I'm aware I am missing my foot enchant, been somewhat lazy about contacting a guildmate to make it for me)Varelle1 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Switching from Ele to Enhance. Worth it? I've been Ele since BC, and this toon has never been enhance. But after the Ele nerfs of 4.3 and seeing Enhance shaman's putting up numbers that I couldn't hope for as Ele, i'm thinking of switching. (i'll still be resto as offspec and need to) Has anyone played both extensively to give some advice on how you like one over the other? I've played a rogue/warrior/lock as well, and I'm not looking for advice on HOW to play... Sticky's are for that. But how do you like it, and what's the current state of the spec right now? Decent DPS wise? PvE only, and thanks in advance,Flipmode13 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Shaman or dk!? Stuck between leveling my shaman or playing a dk i really am having issues deciding from a pve/pvp standpoint. will a dk group well with a frostmage who is my brother. dk is my main but i really cant decide also from a pve standpoint whats better.Sunz2 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 a suggestion for the new shaman 87 MoP spell Shaman do not, at this point, have any stun abilities. So what if the new shaman spell at level 87 were Throw Totem, more or less a copy of Baine's ability from the End Time dungeon? Throw a totem and get a ranged AoE stun?Longwriter3 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Totems should not have healthbars As a healer, totems clutter my screen. Totems should not have healthbars. Discuss.Preacherx3 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Whats better for... ...Pve late content, Elemental or Enhancement? Wich spec is doing better?Landsraad0 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 So why is my 4set ele a DPS lose? I've been doing A LOT of testing. And what its came down to is, is using my 2set T12 & my 2set T13 to gain dps/over all damage. I like how to 4set for T13 is supposed to work! But if it's a DPS lose then why did it make it to live? From what I do know tho, is that if you have dragonwrath the 4set T13 is a dps gain, but not by much. But even if that's true! What does that leave for us people whom don't have the awesome Dragonwrath! But I don't know. I just want some answers to figure out what is going to be the best way to set up my gear and get the best over all damage I can. Gurushockin4 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 bind (elemental) to totem ability. Simply put, adding another pet class to WoW. Shaman should have the ability to bind elementals in the world to their totems for use in combat. Here's my thoughts on how something like this could work: 1. only 1 elemental can be bound to each totem type and the elemental must match that totem type for example cyclone warriors in silithus can only be bound to your wind totem and no other wind elemental can be bound to that totem. 2. Unbind elemental command to "release" the elemental on that totem. 3. Each Elemental provides a different skill/spell/buff similar to the way hunter pets work. 4. The 4 Elementals have their skills etc. based on their elemental type: a) Fire is damage based so skills etc. could include a lava wave/wall AoE, A fire DoT or a damage debuff (melt armor) b) Water is based around healing, skills etc. could include a targetted AoE mana/rage/energy/focus heal over time, a HoT and a single target heal. c) Earth is based on damage reduction, skills etc. could include a stone wall that blocks damage from AoE and direction based spells/skills similar to the way that the morchok crystals work to block the AoE it could be used to block shockwave from Blackhorn etc. A basic tank elemental with a damage reduction or health increase cooldown. d) Wind is based around speed buffs and utility, some skills etc. could include a cyclone that boosts run speed for a short period for those who enter it, a raid wide haste buff. 5. You can only have 1 bound elemental active at a time, everytime you call back that totem there's a 15 minute CD on that elemental. 6. you have to sacrifice one of your current totems to bind an elemental too.Nursie1 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Rogues Rogues Rogues: Tactics for Elementals I have overcome Dk's now I need help taking out Rogues. Here is the situation: whether in a random BG, arena or whatever... A rogue saps you... also with slowing and anti heal poison... it wears off... you are then kidney'd, so you trinket out, do thundershock. earth bind totem goes down, as soon as one is about to cast ghost wolf to get some distance, the rogue does shadow dance, re-kidney's you... Every time a rogue sees me, it is the same... Please help me see where I am going wrong. There has to be a way for Elementals to survive a rogue encounter... so far I have no Ideas... So Post em up and I'll add to a list of tactics ----------- List of tactics 1) call for help 2) drop the fire and earth elementalsAckbahr12 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 need some advice on gemming. When is it ok for me to gem for pure agility for each slot? For example on my chest I get +20 agility for the bonus so I matched the gems. On my gloves I only get +10 agility bonus so I just gemed for agility. Also if you see something wrong with enchanting/spec/gemming please feel free to say something I can always use advice. Korgkat3 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Question regarding opening w/ Feral Spirit. A. Does the extra agility from prepotting and stats from racials like Blood Fury affect your Feral Spirits? B. Do I want to use pots/trinkets/racials before or after using Feral Spirits for them to gain any benefits?Ingrathis3 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Shaman Tanking: The Rabbith Chronicles, Vol 1 There we were...nearly through with our journey through the ghastly necropolis known as Naxxramas. We were plowing our way through the Construct Wing, 8 brave souls taking on the foul creatures intended for 25 lesser men. Just then we came upon a problem. We were in the preparation chamber, about to face the mighty Frankenstein like creature known as Thaddius. It was then that we realized our mistake. We had only one stout tank amongst our ranks and were now in need of a second who could take on the gate keepers to Thaddius, the monstrosities known as Stalagg and Feugen. T'was then that i spoke up. Like the Legen.......wait for it.........dary man known as NPH once famously quoted, i shouted "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" I surrounded myself with a powerful Shield of Lightning, Imbued my weapon with ROCKBITER, and charged up the ramp strait at Feugen. First I threw a flame shock that damaged him over time, next i struck him with a ferocious Primal Strike and i unleashed the elements of my imbued weapon at him. This infurated Feugen and he attacked me with renewed vigor. Despite the immense damage being done to him by the other members of my party, he continued to target me only. It was at this point that Feugen's partner Stalagg decided he wanted a piece of that beastly shaman on the other platform. So with a surge of electrical energy he launched me across the chasm to his platform, where he too, continued to try and beat me into oblivion, to no avail. This back and forth continued for some time, untill finally my brethren were able to slay the two monsters, along with their master Thaddius It was lucky that we were much more seasoned warriors than were intended to be in the rotten city of Naxxramas. So its creatures werent able to inflict a significant amount of harm to us. However, this certainly does prove the point that I, Rabbith: the shaman tank, am able to hold significant aggrivation on at least a single target. let the /flame beginRabbith3 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Elemental Shaman 31-Point Talent Idea Totem of Wrath (or Totem of Fury) The Shaman becomes the Totem of Wrath, shaking the very earth beneath his feet upon movement, dealing X - Y damage to all enemies within 8 yards with a 10% chance of knocking down affected targets. In addition, the Shaman breaks all roots and snares and movement speed cannot be reduced below 75%. Lasts 6 seconds. It's just an idea I had when I was at work. I think it might be kinda late to throw in ideas now, what with MoP coming out soon, but thought I'd share anyway.Gornok3 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Patch 4.3.2 PTR buff enhance shamans please Blizzard please focus on buffing classes that need it like enhance shaman. Enhance shaman are the most underrepresented spec and arguably the weakest spec in the game in both pvp and pve.Emmawatsön5 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Rate my resto build 10/0/31, mainly 5-man and some 10-man heals. I'm just using this as a reference as I level, so comments and suggestions would be very helpful along the way. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hG0bhZZcGbMcdfosdHalzen8 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Shamans pvp lvl 60 Hey, I'm not qqing or complaining about needing a buff, I'm new to shaman I'm unsure about the whole balance thing so far, so I'm asking experienced people if it's normal for a shaman to come across problems in the 60 bracket, I seem to be getting my butt handed to me. Is it the bracket or just me? Is there a specific rotation I should be using. Drakhaton5 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Vial of Shadows for Enhance Hey, quick question for any enhance out there with Vial of Shadows of any version... Does the proc work like Tiny Abomination in a Jar did where it was considered a melee hit and thus could proc maelstrom weapon and or (doubtful) weapon imbunes? Any insight onto this would be much appreciated, thanks!Marzbarz11 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Arena Comp Question Hey Guys, Just stepping back into arenas on my shammy and am looking for the most common comps for 2's, 3's and 5's. Most interested in 3's. But also highly interested in 5's. Any and all help given is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance for any feedback! :)Electragirl2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Enhancement 2s and 3s comps Been considering dusting off my 85 shaman and rolling as good old enhancement, which I haven't done since Wrath. After the BG grind, what comps do Enhancement fit well in? I was thinking of running a Ret/Enh/Disc or Enh/Rogue/Disc. Any suggestions?Monkeyfonics12 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Questions on Restoration PvE Hey Shamans I have some questions regarding Haste. I have noticed most of the healer gear has haste on it (Obviously) and I want to know if going much higher than the soft haste cap of 916 is a bad thing. If I was to lets say have a haste rating of 2000. Would that benefit me more than having 916? Most of the gear I am looking to get have haste on it and should I reforge most of these pieces of gear in to mastery?Kráwly8 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Elemental Totems? Hi, I'm trying to learn my offspec, so i have been reading a few guides and their totem sections are confusing. What totems am i suppose to be using, and in what situations (Mainly Fire)?? Also, a few side questions, should i be using unleash elements, or should i just take it off my cast bar? Lastly, how many targets should i be looking for to decide between single target and AOE? ThanksKelvarnan1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Shaman or Priest? I wanna level a class as a caster DPS / Healer , eventually for PvP. I know neither Ele or Shadow have the best survivability, whereas Resto / Disc do, but regardless, which would you recommend and why?Muffmuff1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 DPS Is any Ele shamans pulling 50k+ dps on any fights other than DW? Last night all i can remember from recount, was on zon ozz i did 43k dps. Usually i do around 33k on the others. I want to push to 50k if possible. Still working on the legendary too. Any suggestions? Ideas?Raion8 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Shaman Deathwing Weps - This is my shammy alt, and I just recently got his 2nd No'kaled, and let me say this: it is AWESOME. Adding up what I see from both weapons, I see the proc does about 8% of my total damage when you add up all the procs. So, exploring an offspec, I am curious about the other weapons: How much of an increase is Rathrak and Ti'tahk for elemental shaman? And how much of a healing increase can I expect to see with a Maw of the Dragonlord?Magridan8 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 ds and the mail agi pieces anyone notice this patch all the gear is haste heavy and enhance shammies don't use it one iota? Thanks for gearing all the other agi pieces towards rogues and hunters blizz. I just wanted to make my discontent known. All the valor mail has mastery on it but the gear inside ds is haste crit veryl ittle anything else so its a bit peevish. Tobyaz7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Macro help with Call of the Elements. I want my totems to come out each time I use Flame Shock so I will have to push 1 less button. I have this so far but it is not working, only Flame Shock is. /castsequence Flame Shock, Call of the ElementsEytukhan4 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 shaman want to ask about shaman hit cap i read that hit cap for shaman is cap at 5% melee and 4%spell hit chance why i see most shaman has melee hit chance more than 10%? and spell hit chance is 5%? what is the max hit cap? one xample is this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/andorhal/Turgoth/advancedZarthon2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 [Enh] Weapons.... Edit: QQ over. Check last post for a quick questionBaith10 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 is my haste too high? i cast extremely fast, i was told right now that haste was more beneficial for dps than mastery for elemental. should i lower my haste? and if so, what to? thanksHonors6 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Weapon focus for my new enhance shaman I just dusted off my shaman alt and i am geared enough to now enter LF heroics and I wanted to ask how I should be focusing my attention (mainly weapons). I know I need to earn justice/valor and start purchasing tier peices as well as continuing to gear up so I can run the twilight heroics. Any other focus I should have for the immediate future? Thanks!Murgurgula0 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 survival help ok im pretty good on gear and working on new weapon but i just die so quick i lose like half of my health in one hit from pretty much everything if someone could explain if im doing something wrongTotemhummper0 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Advice on gearing for 4.3? Been out of the game for a few months and hoping to get back into things as Resto. I was on my way to gearing up for the first set of Cata raids, but I've lost track since then. How is my gear doing for 4.3? Is my spec on track for optimal heals? Should I be in Firelands or just the new heroics? It seems like 4.3 dungeons are a bit harder to heal than the old heroics in my current gear. Thanks for the advice! Plura4 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Issue with Earth Shock I don't know if anyone else has been having this problem, but, in instances, my Earth Shock's debuff doesn't seem to activate on enemies, Elite, trash, or boss. It still deals damage, but the 20% attack speed debuff doesn't appear on them. Anyone else having this issue? Also, it sometimes takes effect, just very rarely.Underseer3 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Enchance PVE rotation Ok ive read the sticky, my question is once i put my totems down and do storm strike lava lash then my flame shock being i don't have the talent for free lighting yet, what do i do? just wait a sec for my next thing to come off CD or is there a off CD ability i can spam?Recklesswave3 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Shaman end game dps Just curious how shamans are end game for pve dungeons and some battlegrounds? I'm not going to be a hardcore PvP'er just some random battlegrounds. ThanksGushy8 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Restoration shamans pvp and eng. Hello , i would like to know what should i use for my tinkers?Sashagrèy1 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Shaman Wallpapers! If you have them, or know where to find them please post links! Bonus points if HD, but not required. Thanks!Daxxarri0 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Request for Ele PvP guide (4.3) I have been recently getting back into pvp, and elemental is one of my favourite specs, despite it's weaknesses. I realize that balancing high burst specs can be challenging, so hopefully we will get some looking into. I would love for some of the top Ele shaman to write a pvp guide - i'm talking about a regular guide (you know with the stats, gear, gemming, spec etc.), plus even some 1v1 stuff vs certain classes that give us trouble. For e.g. I have big problems vs melee in general and getting enough distance to not be locked out of my nature school. I try totem twisting with stoneclaw > earthbind to get a few casts off, stuff like that. I seem to have no survivability vs any semi-decent rogue, and to some extent vs dk's, ferals, warriors and even hunters.Greensleeves5 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Why Healing Rain's Good and Earthquake's Not A few of the reasons Why Healing Rains is good and Earthquake isn't. Because, somehow Healing Rain works, and somehow Earthquake really, really doesn't work. Here's why: How they work with Weapon Imbues: A. Healing Rain is improved by Earthliving Weapon's healing bonus. Even better, Healing Rains can proc the Earthliving heal. This is particularly impressive when combined with the Blessing of the Eternals talent (and Deep Healing). Healing Rain does not work with Unleash Elements. B. Since Earthquake is supposedly considered a "physical" spell (except for when it comes to spell locks or dealing with armor), it is in no way improved by Flametongue Weapon. Earthquake does not work with Unleash Elements either. How they work with the Mastery Stat: A. Healing Rain works with Resto's Mastery, Deep Healing. As healed targets' health bar lowers, Healing Rains becomes even more effective. B. Earthquake is not affected by Elemental's Mastery, Elemental Overload. Unlike Chain Lightning (and every other Elemental damage spell with a casting time), there is no chance to get bonus damage hits with Earthquake. Not benefiting by a valued stat greatly restricts the spell's potential damage (and excitement). How they work with their Spec's Cooldowns: A. Healing Rain, like every Resto spell with a casting time, can be made instant with Nature's Swiftness. Resto doesn't have a whole lot in terms of cooldowns, but the spell does at least work with it. Healing Rains does work very, very well with Spirit Link totem. B. Earthquake can not be made instant by any means, despite instant damage spells being a part of the design of the Elemental Mastery cooldown. Earthquake's damage is not improved by Elemental Mastery at all, despite the spell boosting the damage of all other Elemental Shaman damage spells. Earthquake does benefit from the 20% spell haste increase during Elemental Mastery (and so does Healing Rains). Their Areas of Effect: A. Healing Rains has a radius of 10 yards. That's 314 square yards of coverage. It is one of the game's larger aoe heals. B. Earthquake has a radius of 8 yards. That's 201 square yards of coverage. It is among the game's smaller (or common) aoe areas. Their Casting Time: A. Healing Rains is a 2 second cast. That makes it among the quickest cast spells in the cache of Resto abilities. It is even faster to cast than Chain Heal. B. Earthquake is a 2.5 second cast spell. It is the slowest damage or healing spell available to an Elemental Shaman. It is significantly slower than Chain Lightning. For a spec built on quick cast abilities, Earthquake's long ramp-up time is out of place. Cont.Bosako6 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Shaman class/race avalability I made this thread to discuss what races shamans are avalabil to, in particular night elves. Shamans are supposed to be people who work with nature and stuff kinda like druids, correct me if i'm wrong but arent night elves like that in their personality and motives. Well im just sayin that it would be really neat if night elves could be shamans, write what you think about this and you opinon. =)Valanas3 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Enhance DPS help on Madness So our guild was working (and killed without me) Madness of Deathwing on regular 10 man earlier last night. The reason I wasn't present had to do with my performance, and what's frustrating about my performance is I'm not exactly sure how I may go about fixing it. On a standard Madness attempt getting to at least the final platform I'm only sitting at around 33k dps while everyone else is at least 40k-45k. It's because of the disparity that I, and my Raid Leader/Co GM feel that I'm doing something wrong or that something isn't right and it's reflecting on my DPS by not allowing me to be up to everyone else by equal standards. Priority Rotation: Stormstrike Lava Lash Maelstrom Weapon x5 Unleash Elements -> Flame Shock Earth Shock Feral Spirit These are the avenues I feel are holding me back (Some I think are larger than normal) and some I don't know how to go about fixing them while others I do: -Currently on the hemmorhage portion of Madness our AoE without my asisstance is so high that by the time I turn to Flame Shock -> Lava Lash and begin spamming Fire Nova the add I was targeting/all of them in general are near death or already dead, which means I get no DPS boost from Spellweaving/AoE. -With my current gear level compared to that of our other raiders I feel that maybe my own is subpar to theirs, and as such my DPS lacks because of it. I'm currently using 2 old trinkets, one of which is completely horrible and I'm working on replacing it ASAP with WoU from LFR/Normal and the other (Coren) with Heroic Tia's Grace until I can get myself a Vial of Shadows (LFR/Normal). -I also feel like my weapons are keeping me back as well, as I'm using a PvP Ruthless offhand and a Firelands mainhand because Madness and I have terrible RNG. I've been running Dragon Soul weekly to completion in the LFR but every time I've seen the axe drop I've seen it taken by another DPS, and most recently I saw it taken by another rogue who had Fear/Vengeance already. Normal Mode Ultraxion has also been unfavorable in loot as I have yet to even see a mace drop at all. -I have considered recently going Orc for the racials as I believe that the AP cooldown along with the 3 expertise (Allowing me to relocate 3 levels of expertise into mastery) would provide great help in improving my DPS. With all of these ideas and factors listed, I am still left frustrated and scratching my head at what possibilities are available to me in order to improve my DPS. More or less, I struggle with the concept of comparing what I have listed above to actually determine the specific value of said avenues and which would be worth more than the other. So it is here I turn to the constructive shaman community to provide me with advice and ideals in order to help myself do better in this encounter. World of Logs for our longest attempt that I was recorded DPSing: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p5dwv90ypep5marp/sum/damageDone/?s=6726&e=7119. Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated.Shamikaze22 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Rockbiter Just wondering what the point of letting shamans keep rockbiter weapon is. Could it be exchanged for something more useful to shamans? Or if it is kept could shamans be given tanking mail armor and the ability to que as tanks? Rockbiter Weapon 8% of base mana Instant Requires Melee Weapon Imbue the Shaman's weapon with the fury of the earth, increasing all threat generation by 30% and reducing damage taken by 5%. Lasts 30 minutes.Methal9 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Riptide Addon? What addon are people using to track who you have riptide on? I'm not finding one I like Thanks.Katus19 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Rethinking my elemental spec So I'm looking into what would happen if we went with a Restoration sub spec instead of going Enhancement. At first I myself thought it sounded silly but after looking I'm honestly considering using it. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhGMGRfkzGZboZbhb We would lose instant ghost wolf, 8% movement speed (would enchant boots for lavawalker at this point) and 10% lightning shield(fulmination) damage. In return however we would gain 48 seconds on our fire elemental and would drop searing totem 40% less often which will allow more GCDs for lightning bolt/lava burst. Looking at my last Ultraxion kill I would have only lost around 55k damage total for the fight if I dropped 2 points of improved shields and I'm positive that 48 more seconds of fire elemental would have done more damage. The downside is of course if you don't have fire elemental available for a fight or if you run into the clunky AI targetting/responsiveness of it, but even then you still save GCDs from the increased searing totem duration. Posting here to see various thoughts/comments on such a spec.Slante5 Jan 8, 2012