Dec 8, 2011 Transmog skirt I've found a few chest pieces that I like, but I'd really like to find legs that are a skirt (not pants). I know a few of the old tier pieces are this way, but does anyone know of any craftables or drops that might work?Saryah1 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Which to replace? Right now I have: Darkmoon Card: Tsunami Petrified Pickled Egg I just got the Foul Gift of the Demon Lord Which one do I replace with my new trinket?Parthas5 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Breaking T12 resto 4 piece. What are people's thoughts on when to do this? AOE throughput and burst seems to be a much bigger issue than mana. Maybe for Ultraxion with the green buff, the T13 2 piece would be useful to allow you to spam GHW without OOM'ing. But still, both of the T13 bonuses work on cooldowns, whereas the 4 piece T12 lets you spam chain heal off a tank when the raid is stacked. I guess you can mitigate the loss of 4 piece T12 by going back to clipping chain heals near the end of the hot and whatnot, but that's such an annoying mechanic and doesn't let you chain them off the tank with the 25% bonus. I really wish we had gotten a glyph to prevent chain heal from consuming riptide...Melkar2 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Back to Mastery? (Restoration) In regards to 10man healing, haste or mastery?Telluric3 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 How to reforge for resto I main enhance but at the moment my guild is hard up for a healer. I've managed to piece together a somewhat reasonable healing set. I've looked at the EJ threads on resto healing and theres so much leeway it seems in the best way to reforge. Besides enchanting all my gear which I know I need to do. What can I do to be better reforging wise? also any good macros i should know?Fuzzydoom4 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Valor Bracers - Bust for Ele? I can't say that I have much interest as a Ele shammy for the Valor bracers (Bracers of the Spectral Wolf). Is anyone getting these? I imagine most will sit tight on your VPs and try for Grotesquely Writhing Bracers, which are far more suitable. Thoughts? Avaril4 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Enhance tier 13 2set I have the tier 12 4 set and was wondering if it's worth it to get the tier 13 2 set. I was able to get hands and legs from raid finder.Bawlzdeep7 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Resto PvP wep buff Which buff should a rest shaman use for arena?? Flametongue weapon, frostbrand wep , etcSupermigue3 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Resto - when to break 4 pc T12? After reviewing the set bonuses on T13, I am wondering when I should start using the new gear over the 4 pc T12. I think both set bonuses are great for healers, particularly in the DS fights. I just don't see how the T13 compares favorably. Input?Kapzug8 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Enh...Haste > Crit...? According to Mr. Robot, Haste EP value stands at 1.17 and Crit stands at 1.02. Is this right? DISCLAIMER: I am fully aware that Mr. Robot is a flawed website and should not be taken as accurate information. I'm just curious if I missed something.Ingrathis7 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Enhancement question Alright, so earlier tonight, I won No'Kaled, the Elements of Death from Madness of Deathwing LFR. I have the fist weapon from Hour of Twilight so I'd have to put the axe on my off-hand. Is it a more viable option to have the axe in offhand anyway for Lava Lash? Or should I use it as a main hand weapon?Thunder10 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Elemental DPS Help (WoL Parse) Elemental is my OS for when my 10man needs only two healers for the fight. Even though dps-ing isn't my strong suit, I strive to make it just as viable as my Resto MS and try to keep updated on current theorycrafting. I found I was competitive last tier once I got geared up, but when I switched to dps for Ultraxion last night for our last two attempts at him, I found myself on the bottom of the meters. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for areas in which I should focus and improve on. I do know I suffer from poor totem uptime, but I have been using a new power aura lately to track it. I follow the standard rotation, but do have some problems hitting LvB right on CD. Any help is appreciated, though I suspect I might just need more practice pew pewing. Best attempt at 21k Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Unleash Elements... Sucks. There really isn't much use at all for Unleash Elements as an Elemental Shaman. Blizzard, please make this ability somewhat useful for Elemental Shaman. As it stands, you''ll do more damage just by casting Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, or pretty much ANYTHING else. I don't even have it on my bars as Ele, the damage increase to Lava Burst is nice, yeah, but it's NOT worth the GCD. Please, do something about this awful ability. Possibly make it a short damage increase, instead of one cast? Or just change it completely, damn near anything would be better than it's current state. Or you could make it fix the retarded Fire Ele. Make UE force your Fire Ele to lock onto the target it hits, anything would be great.Aesiria40 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Hearthstone and Astral Recall I understand they could send me to two different locals,is this still true after 4.3 and if so how is it done?Shamshame16 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 ele dps making me gamer depressed sup guys just wanted to put it out there that my ele dps is not where i would think it should be at. i follow the same standard rotation, popping all cd's / pot on fire ele when its up, pre potting and whatnot. It just seems that i cannot keep up with others in my guild on single target fights. I realise the nerf to fire elemental is somewhat responsible and that my dps will spike up with 2 and 4 piece of t13, however until then its a majority viewpoint that giving the tier pieces to the highest dps will make them improve more. i literally only feel as though my set bonus is there to help my fire elemental have its CD up for the next attempt/fight and not actually gain me any DPS (makes me feel like im wearing all offset pieces). yes i have 2 pieces of pvp gear, sure it aint helping my case out but its not going to make me miraculously catch up to the rest of the pack. i know where my upgrades are and will have removed them by next week at most. i dont have any logs and wont disclose my dps for certain fights because i dont believe that it can help my case out (i have lagg at times and no one is perfect, i really try as hard as i can to get my rotation correct and time cooldowns and fire ele around certain points of a fight). the one thing i do like about elemental is the burst i can put out with all cooldowns popped, its really nice but after that it seems to just slows to a snails pace untill something comes off cooldown. just trying to get some answers here, maybe a little bit of sympathy, maybe other elementals feel the same way? right now all i know is that im more of a liability to my guild than some other classes Awsham0 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Hardcasting Lava Burst as Enhance While leveling, I generally opened on a mob with Flame Shock -> Unleash -> Lava Burst -> SS, LL, etc. At that point, Lava Burst usually crit for almost 2x my SS. It seemed to be worthwhile, especially given the ability to pull at range thereby. My question is, when, if ever, is LvB cast in lvl 85 gear? In PvE? In PvP? PvE, there is a bunch of 4.2 stuff that I found concerning spellpower weapons, with LvB making the rotation there. I found it interesting that LvB is so close to viable that one piece of gear would change the equation. 4.3 seems to have changed that, but still, is there any time that a boss is at range where you should be getting ready to LvB? PvP, it seems that the ability to stay engaged at range would be very valueable... somewhere. Maybe popping Spiritwalker's Grace and casting while closing in from some sort of root/cc? Does PvP Enhance have any other use for LvB/SWG than this, or does Enh just take both off the action bar? Gordian8 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 What am I doing wrong? [Elemental] I've recently joined a 25m raiding guild from a 10m raiding guild. My DPS seems to be VERY low compared to my new guild. Their highest DPS was 50k on zon'ozz and My DPS was 1k above the tank at 29k. I watched my CD's popped my ele at the start with a Volcanic potions for the extra 1200 INT. I still pulled almost LAST DPS and damage besides our tank. My rotation is FS>LVB>LB>7-9 Fulmination. I keep my FS up as best I can, I use Fulmination when it's at 7-9 stacks. Use LVB whenever it's on CD and proc. and when that's all on CD, I spam LB. I just feel really slow while casting. like REALLY slow compared to other casters. My LB cast time with WoA totem is 1.58 which seems really slow to me. Are there any pointer or tips you can give me or help me with. I don't want to disappoint this new guild I just joined. I would really appreciate it.Totemsmon6 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Random Raid Whine I understand allowing people to roll on items based on the weapon class that they can use is easy. Letting DK's roll on agility axes (The Deathwing one specifically) is a pain in the !@#. Especially when they win, leave the raid, and let it rot, with two enhancement shamans crying over his corpse. Pretty epic trolling, but I'll be damned if that doesn't suck.Curieux3 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Elemental and Soloing WotLK Dungeons Hello fellow shamans, With the recent patch, I've been really getting into transmogrification and using my old T10 set, but I'm yearning to try soloing one or two of the old WotLK dungeons to get a mace for transmogrifying my current one. I'm particularly interested in trying to run Forge of Souls so I can get Lucky Old Sun, but I failed on Bronjahm – even with my Earth Elemental out and using my CDs. I've had a little bit of experience running BC content and it was a breeze because I was using a level 85 character, but I'm wondering if its possible to solo any of the WotLK dungeons in pre-raid gear and using the elemental spec. Has anyone had any luck soloing any of the old Lich King dungeons on elemental? What tips can you give for running Forge of Souls using the elemental spec? Thanks for any and all help!Delja2 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 charge groundable? i was in a BG just now and dropped a grounding totem...mounted up and assaulted the flag...warrior charged at me...through me...behind my grounding totem?? i was stunned but he was all the way back at the totem...dumb warrior or did the charge jump buff allso buff shamans?Demonwarrior3 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 I deleted my 85 shaman Can someone tell me why? My mind was blanked, I remember doing arenas against I think double rogue then mage/disc priestFinalduel2 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 S11 gear Thank god for adding transmogZankah16 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Sentry Totem 113: (╯°□°)╯︵ ɯəʇoʇ ʎɹʇuəs ... Success!Eein500 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 QQ from an enhance shaman So i hopped into LFR today, hoping to score phat loots for my enhance set. I actually did manage to get that sweet agi stacking trinket from spine of deathwing. And then we got to madness. Our tank, a prot pally, lead us in a very...creative way. Needless to say we yelled at his strat after on wipe and did the "easier" way. A few wipes later and we finally down the son of a b****. I actually managed to pull top dps and damage done. And to my surprise, our ONLY enhance weapon drops! The 1 handed agility axe with elemental damage proc! I rejoiced, as the only rogue had his daggers from the legendary quest and would not be needing on it. The loot finally distributed itself, and TWO people got the roll bonus on my axe! Myself, AND THE PROT PALLY. AND GUESS WHO WON. I am furious right now. I realize nothing is perfect and that the LFR loot system is flawed. But why, oh why does a tank, a PALADIN nonetheless, have a roll bonus on an AGILITY axe?! I needed to get that out.... sorry to QQ to my fellow shaman.Cosbysweater8 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Macro help Ive been trying to make a macro that will cast GHW on my target unless i hold alt (my modifier) down. while holding alt, i want it to cast GHW on a certain party member without that member being my focus OR losing my current target. so far, i have this: #showtooltip /cast Greater Healing Wave /cast [mod:alt, target=(party members name)] Greater Healing Wave Unfortunately, when i hold alt, GHW still casts on whatever my target is. can anyone help me?Sshaassnaal1 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Addons to keep track of Riptides HoT Any one know of one?Damiao6 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Where do Shammy's rank in PvP? I just wanted to get some feed back on how others felt shammy's are in the pvp world. Let me know what spec you think is good (if any) or bad (if any) and a little detail would be nice as well. Personally I think we Shammy's are sadly in the bottom 3 of all ten classes when it comes to pvp. All 3 specs are good and I enjoy them all but when it comes down to it, I just don't think we are the best or near the top. Let me know what you all think?Booti12 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 A little help with Enhance Rotation. Just switched back to Enhancement for 4.3 and I'm loving it. I've been hearing that we should now be hard casting Lightning Bolt if we have 2 or more stacks of Maelstrom. Is this true? Also, is this the correct priority? Searing Totem down Stormstrike Lava Lash Lightning Bolt(2 or more stacks of Maelstrom) Unleash Elements + Flame Shock Earth Shock Wolves. I've been using this priority/rotation and I'm able to stay at around 26k. Is this alright considering my gear? Thanks is advance. EDIT: Also, would it be worth it to use the Lightning Bolt glyph since we seem to be using lightning bolt alot in our rotation.Totesmcgoats2 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Searing Totem Debuff 4.3 I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this problem but since the change that allows enh lava lash to spread flame shock (which I love btw) i've been having A LOT more trouble with my searing totem targeting the wrong mob. Inevitably I the dang searing totem will NEVER target my target if there is more than one mob. I often have to place it 2 or 3 times before it finally will, thats 2 or 3 gcd's AND often by that time my targets already dead anyhow. This is getting rather annoying. I've been having the biggest problem with spine of deathwing when trying to destroy the burning tendon, its a bit of a dps race at that point and of course, my dang totem is targeting something else though I have both unleash elements and flame shock on the tendon. I have found that without that debuff, I tend to lose about 15 % of my damage on that tendon. My raid leader is getting rather annoyed with my lack of damage on that thing and I am starting to worry I will lose my raid spot. Has anyone else had this problem, and have you found a solution? I would love to see bliz actually fix this but doubt it will happenAvirae0 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 DS Ele Trinkets I can't seem to find a good answer on what a ele shaman should aim for. If my shaman has VPLC(N) and DMC vol. What trinket should I aim for besides the 880 int stacking one?Diranux4 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Enhance Shaman Abilities I've been leveling up my shaman to be resto primarily because I like healing, but I've found that I also like questing and none of the off-specs for the other healers are very fun IMO. Shadow has horrible mana issues when questing, Feral druid is okay but I'm not a fan of shapeshifting. Anyway, I've been leveling this guy as enhance and it's been fine so far, but does anyone think that enhance shamans could use one more abillity? I've found that it usually goes stormstrike, laval lash, flame shock/earth shock......and then sit and wait for something to come off cooldown or for maelstrom to proc. It works and it does fine, but it's just not as engaging to me as I feel like it could be if there wasn't that 3-4 second lull waiting around for stuff to happen. It's the same reason why I think Arms warriors are my favorite example of melee DPS. A filler ability like slam or sunder armor would make things a lot more engaging, I think. Is there such an ability I'll pick up later on, or is this pretty much how things are gonna stay?Thebigñasty4 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Shaman DPS Loot Rules So neat having our resto/ele wrists taken by an enhance since you know they get the role bonus for being a shaman and dps.Nahalmyt8 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Want my season 11 kilt back :( I was quite disappointed to log on and check the new pvp gear only to find the kilt had been replaced by leggings. When viewing the art released by blizzard originally it was a kilt. Which looked very shammany. Now these silly looking leggings? make us look top heavy with the big helm/collar and stuff, i know we can transmorg and such but the new leggings original style looked awesome why the change? :(Odîn2 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Ancestral Spirits Ancestral Spirits Ancestors guide and aid you through difficult times, granting you vision to the Spirit world. While granted vision to the Spirit world, Your Ancestors grant you the ability to use 2 of the 4 Elemental Spirits granted (Fire, Earth, Water, Air). Activating this spell replaces your Shock and Wind Shear spells and granting new abilities until 2 Spirits are used. Lasts for 20 seconds. 5min Cooldown. Improved Flame Shock --> : Surrounds a friendly target in a cyclone of fire, emitting Fire damage to all enemies for 2293 to 3120 damage every second for 15 seconds. In addition, damage done is increased by 15%. This replaces Flame Shock while Ancestral Spirit is active. Improved Earth Shock --> : Encases the friendly target with rock, decreasing damage taken by 50% and increases maximum health by 20%. If Earth Shield is active on the target, all healing done by you is increased by 20% Lasts 8 seconds. This replaces Earth Shock while Ancestral Spirit is active. Improved Frost Shock --> : Your Healing Rain becomes a monsoon, decreasing the time between every heal by 40%, and its effect is increased by 20%. When Healing Rain expires, all of those standing within the expired Healing Rain area will instantly have 10% mana restored, 50 Rage, 50 Runic Power, or 50 Energy restored. This replaces Frost Shock while Ancestral Spirit is active. Improved Wind Shear --> : You strip all oxygen from the targeted area, slowing down movement speed by 70% and gradually increasing over time by 10% every 1 second. Once the enemies have reached 100%, the enemies are stunned for 5 seconds. This replaces Wind Shear while Ancestral Spirit is active. Shaman have been looked at as the "support" class back in the glory days. So I came up with this. What if our new MoP cooldown / spell, was that to either buff our damage, aid others, or simply stun (woohoo?) enemies. So I created Improved Shocks and Improved Wind Shear. Improved Flame Shock for bumping our DPS or someone else's. Improved Earth Shock for a single target CD. Improved Frost Shock for increased healing plus a source for power* return. Improved Wind Shear for stunning and slowing targets. *Mana, Rage, Runic Power, Energy I know, I know, too complicated for the average World of Warcraft player, but hey, cut me some slack. 1) It's late. 2) It's late. 3) I want to see my MoP Spell! 4) We need some shared cooldowns like our fellow Priests and Druids. Telluric5 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 MoP talent calculator Not sure if its the real thing, but im liking it.ôkî34 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Dear Blizzard Thank you for removing the CD on Chain Lightning. Thanks to this buff, I can now melt face even faster, and harder, just like those frost mages.Not to mention I actually get to spend my 20k mana pool. Love from your favorite glass cannon, GarrathaGarratha1 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 What should Resto reforge to? What are my stat priority's? Thanks :)Shockdoc3 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Question on Ultraxion My guild is using me/priest/paladin for our 10m healing team. I've been taking Ysera's buff while the priest is taking Alexstrasza and the paladin is taking Kalecgos. My question is would it be better to spam chain heal while keeping healing rain down or would it be better to chain heal+GHW x2 while keeping HR down? I'm not doing bad on healing, in fact all three of us are about equal on this fight, I was just wondering which would be my better option for the most possible healing with Ysera's buff.Davvyjoness2 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Spell Power issues [Elemental] Hey guys, have any of you had problems with your spell power? It seems its the new flametongue spell that is screwing with mine. Sometimes I don't get my 10% increase from totem of wrath, other times I unclick flametongue, my spell power goes up, and when I flametongue again my SP goes down again. i dont know but I noticed it last night at raid, today I was playing with it a bit and its definitely glitchy, at least on my end. I salute you friendly ele shamansSantôrc3 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Water Shield not displaying in Blizz Frames Is anybody else having the same issue? Before 4.3 they would appear and was very useful to know when WS dropped without power auras or looking into the buffs but now it's gone. Earth Shield is displaying as before, but no WS. Someone help! Thanks a lot.Puritano14 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Woundlicker Cover or Nanoprecise Cape for Ele The title says it all. I'm trying to decide which cape to purchase and I'm having trouble deciding. My immediate thoughts were to go with the woundlicker cape but after reading a few gearing sites, I am now unsure, so I'm leaving it up to the community. Which do you think is better itemized?Eliteshaman2 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Help Regarding Healing ultraxion Hello there I need some help with my healing numbers on, I am pulling anywhere from 28k to 32k hps for this fight depending on the buffs. The healing meters have put me on second for this fight it is on average Resto druid (30-32k) Me (28k to 32k) and holy priest (22k to 24k). I am being told i am the reason for us wiping because of my healing. Can you guys shed some light on which buffs i should be taking to up my healing. I usually am on the green or blue buff and sometimes red. First are my healing numbers are to low? If so How can i make them better. What i do is to keep healing rain up for the aoe that happens on the fight and spam out healing touch and chain heals when approperiate. Can you guys offer me some adviceKillstreaks13 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Resto PVP Looked all over google for a resto shaman pvp guide. One reforge,gems,enchants,etc. Any help would be great. Thank youKeemstar6 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Wanting to try LFR DS, question about gear G'd morning ladies n gents! My guild wanted me to heal a 10 Man DS tomorrow, and I told them I respectfully had to decline because my ilevel wasn't quite good enough to get into LFR yet; I'd imagine 10 man normal is much harder. The pieces I'm having trouble with are the healing mail helm from End Time, and the shoulders from Hour of Twilight - everything else is going smoothly enough, but those upgrades for my last blues just don't want to drop. Are there any real alternatives at this point? I'd rather not craft the PvP 377's, though there is a substantial int boost at the cost of secondary stats being itemized with resilience instead of something useful. I suppose there's the VP helm, but that'll take another week and a bit to get. Thoughts or advice for a casual who wants to do things right when he DOES have time to play? I'm swear I'm about to just chain run a bunch of Normals, get a couple thousand JP, and buy the 346 helm/shoulders just to eke out a bit of a boost. XD Islay7 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 So.. magma totem... Since the patch i've noticed it hitting for less than half it was pre-patch, is this an intended nerf or is it just being weird for me?Staticstorm1 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Glyph question Since our single target is weaker now why not use Lightning bolt, flame shock and lava burst only? I mean how much of a dps upgrade is unleashed? Like is ds what bosses do you need it for anyway? shouldnt that help us on single target a bit?Pleistarchos1 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Enhance Help!!!! Hey guys need to pick a few brains.... am sitting at 379iLVL so keep in mind were just starting to kill stuff in DS so it will change soon I'm sure. OK was currently using Fluid Death with the Petrified seed for the hit, when doing so I had 13K AP and 54% mastery. Was wondering when I swap out Fluid Death for Hungerer to get the straight up AP , I reforge all my stuff to re a quire my hit. So am now sitting at 14K AP but went down to 54% mastery. Is that a dps loss or gain in theory? 1K AP for 4% to masery. is the agility bonus on Hungerer ok with the useless haste we get from it??? Or do I just leave well enough aloneMoniie2 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 When to break the set, 4.3? basically how much of an upgrade is actually dropping in the new heroics? I got a new BP that actually has better stats but breaking the set seems like a greater loss than a gain from the higher stats. currently running 2set/2set current thought is to just wait until I can build a new twoset from T13.Delmarva1 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 shamans still viable for pvp? Hey guys , i got bored of my warrior , and im considering going back into my shammy i was wondering what spec is viable for pvp i like both ele and enhancement , no i dont like resto, healing is so boring So my question is, does it worth gearing my shammy ? Are they viable for arenas? Thats it, thanks , and sorry for my bad englishSantý1 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Time to Fix Elemental Totems Please give pet bar control for Fire /Rock elemental totem. Problems - They attack the wrong target sometimes, they go out of range and attack the wrong target, stand still doing nothing, pvp go after the wrong target, etc. This fix is WAY long over due. Do not do a blanket fix by allowing control at all times if that is felt to be too pverpowered. At least allow full control in raids. This is ridiculous that this is still not been fixed to some extent. Its a waste of mana to have the pet attack the wrong target, its a loss of dps, a waste of time, and unnecessary. Sorry for the overt complaing but it is truly ridiculous. Thanks for anything you have or do not have the power to fix.Flexcapacitr12 Dec 7, 2011