Aug 22, 2013 Green fire quest and server transfer I have a question, I'd like to know if the progress is saved in the green fire quest if you do a server transfer; or do you have to restart the whole thing?Fearguss1 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 I was so upset. A shaman did more dps than me in a dungeon. I know low lvl's don't count but still... I did do better dps than the shaman on boss fights, but overall when the recount was posted I was #2. NUMBER TWO!! D:Bellátrix4 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Stat priority in PVP (destro) Why would anyone say crit is not the most important secondary stat to choose to chase after since critical strikes generates burning embers?Ustora11 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Green Fire Quest So I decided to do the green fire quest today. I am on the last boss and I have all the pit lord macro and enslaved demon glyph and over 16% hit however my pit lord continues to keep dropping after about 1 min, and then after that minute I can not recontrol him. Anyone else having a similar issue?Crycis2 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 WARLOCK NAMES I'm quite proud of the name I've chosen. http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/069/7/8/megalodon_mech_by_brotherostavia-d5xc44w.jpg I feel like that. All the time.Meglädön25 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Imp transformed earlier today my imp received (a buff?) which resulted in it transforming into metamophisis form. The same as i was at the time. i cant find any documentation on this buff, what is it?Stoves3 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Can I squeeze more DPS out of my gear? Alright, I posted a few weeks ago and some of you were extremely helpful! As of last night, I finally feel like I'm not extremely gimped by poor weapon and trinket luck, and I've definitely seen a DPS increase with Breath of the Hydra procs! I'm ilvl 513 and my priority is Int >> Hitcap >> Mastery >> Haste >> Crit. I know there's a ton of Destro debate on how to gear yourself, but seeing if anyone can give me any critiques. When gemming, I go straight intellect if the socket bonus isn't >100 INT. Besides that, I match the sockets. However, I've seen some talk of how straight Mastery or Haste gems can be valuable if you're below ilvl 520 or so. Also, am I getting close to being more effective in other specs? I've generally heard wait until you get the UVLS to go Demonology, and wait until ilvl 520+ for Affliction. P.S. now that I have some significant procs/cooldowns (trinkets, Jade Spirit, etc) to keep track of, can anyone point me in the direction of how to properly set up something like weak auras?Simcoe2 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Not seeing pets on character selection screen I noticed that ever since 5.0.4 I no longer see my current pet behind my warlock on the character selection screen. Same with a low level hunter of mine. Is this some kind of bug or did they remove them for some reason?Azrax9 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 My Soul Fire hits like a wet noodle... Seriously, I know I'm undergeared, etc. but I think I should be hitting for more than I am. My Soul Fire on proc hits for 11k... Is that really where it should be? What does your Soul Fire hit for?Vaelfear11 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Lock PVP Hey my fellow Warlocks! I just dinged 90 a day ago and loved pvp so much leveling up that I wanted to try to follow through with some casual 2s arenas with the person that I have been leveling with, a Balance/Resto druid. He also wanted to arena as he's a huuge pvp'er on his main character, so once we've been doing a couple arenas with ~350kHP each, and well it didn't work so well... Lol So I have a couple questions about Warlock pvp: 1. HOW DO I BURST! I need major help on that, not sure how its done here! 2. What stats do I want to be reforging and gemming, when do I know when to stop/start gemming Pvp Power etc. 3. How should I have my glyphs and talents built? If someone could just say, "I'm built right, copy mine" that would be great. 4. How do I properly use Portals and Gateways? 5. Just generally, what do I do -Against melee -Against Ranged - Against Healers 6. Any macros and add-ons that can be beneficial to my gameplay! All advice and tips are appreciated :D Thanks everyone!Zaylan8 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Leveling Affliction Hello, warlock community. Just wanted to pop in and ask why my warlock feels so weak in Affliction spec. I can't post on her because...um...forum vacation. Anyway, here's the specimen: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Galiong/simple She's level 51 at the moment, and I am trying to level her with Affliction but, man, it is really slow going compared to her destro spec. When I'm rolling destro, stuff just explodes so fast my voidwalker doesn't even get to it in time, but affliction takes me roughly three times as long to kill a single mob. Is this normal, or just a side effect of her cloth looms having loads of crit and very little haste. I appreciate your time!Tetsujìn11 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Harvest Life on PTR is alot of fun The self healing on this is extremely good in PvP if you can channel it. Also, if you are with a healer, saves a heck ton of mana for your healer if you use it as your filler.Gladius24 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 Why am I competing with warlocks 4 tank role? If warlocks have tank pets and can keep aggro as well as similar geared (gear level wise) actual tanks then why don't you let locks join dungeons as tanks? Seriously, when I join as a tank I'm expecting to tank not run behind a lock who has his tank pet out. Why should I continually have to try to steal aggro back from a tank pet? I've run with many geared locks who can obviously keep and hold aggro better than me with their pets and require no healing because they heal their own tank pets. Why am I needed in that instance? I don't bring anything to the table. Why have you created a class that clearly can tank without allowing them to join as the tank role?Penumbrille19 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 22, 2013 When to stop stacking/reforging hasteDESTRO I have been Simcraft'ing a little lately because i just learned how. I got sick of not knowing what stat i needed more or when to stop stacking one and start on another and I found out my values (scale factors) and i still don't quite understand. At first mastery was the highest at 2.60, haste being 2.3 and crit like 2.1. So I figured ok, mastery is highest im gonna gem and reforge all mastery. And then i simulated again and haste was the highest at 2.5, mastery and crit being lower. So my question is when to stop with haste and when to start with mastery. I have read 8100, and 8064 as 2 different haste values, but i'm just not sure. Thanks a ton for any helpAixelsyd1 Aug 22, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 What am I doing wrong? I love affliction, like a lot lol, so that's the spec I play, and I recently got my meta gem for the 30% haste proc, and still my dps is around 70k, 80-90k burst and RARELY 100k, am I gemming wrong or something, any help would be appreciated. Also, my haste is kind of in Africa right now, thought i could get the 9k break point but only reaching around 8k, is this the problem?Oldwitchlady2 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Affliction dot's are to low for pvp. With the change from 65% resilience to 72% the dot's are way to low. I am on the ptr full season 14 pvp gear dot's tick for 2k to 5k that is just dot's and no crits and no channeling per tick and the hp of most players are 500k or more. Warlocks got nerfed way to much Drain soul less damage,Malefic grasp less damage,Old Dark misery glyph gone,Fel armor nerfed,Grimoire of sacrifice less damage,Demonic gateway 60 sec.,Kil'jaeden's cunning nerfed, Fel flame no longer refresh's dot's. On live servers 5.3 as affliction lock in full season 13 pvp gear i can do more damage then on ptr full season 14 pvp gear this has to be addressed before this go's live. Not being able to channel more spells why moving is killing us melee tunnel us now. Yes we can try and kite that's fine but with dot damage so low and having to channel everything we never get to cast enough. Example good luck killing a warrior with dots 2nd wind can keep up with them. Good luck casting anything against a warrior they have to many interrupt same with rogues. With the nerf to Kil'jaeden's cunning a large part of are Survivability is gone vs. melee they have to much up time on us now and interrupt everything we try to channel. Simple fit dots need even more damage.Fëarfactor11 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 T16 Set Bonus (Destruction) From WoWHead: http://www.wowhead.com/news=218523/tier-16-itemsets-gear-3d-models-set-bonuses#tier16-warlock ... I saw the 2P bonus and had to read it again. Is it just me, or does that seem extremely unexciting. Or maybe it's just that I saw the DK 4P (Pillar's of Frost causes target to be impaled) and was hoping for some pizazz myself.Nivan5 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Soul Swap Question On the current PTR update Blizzard had edited Soul Swap so that it had a three second duration. Does this mean the DoTs it copies has a three second duration, or the window to apply Soul Swap to another target? And yes I am leveling Affliction, though it pains me to do so, however, I believe its the best way to learn the mechanics of the class slowly, rather than suddenly @ 90.Ardalene4 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Definitive info on haste break points? I know I had a page that displayed haste breakpoints for every spec as well as with the 5% buff 30% buff and 35%. It also accounted for goblin versus other races. It is now outdated as it was made during 5.0 Does anyone have a table of the same sort?Recklessfear4 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Haste and Imp Swarm CD Do any of you guys try to get an extra imp swarm between Dark Soul? Is that viable? Not a big math guru so I don't know if it's worth it or what haste I would need. I have the meta gem but never used Imp Swarm while meta was procced to see what the cooldown was. Thanks in advanceEndijor13 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Well, I finally did it! Green fire! YAY! :D But then again, took me about 20 or so tries I think. Only got my gear to yellow durability twice! I reckon that's pretty awesome. ^_^ Good luck to the rest of you guys who are trying to do it! I know it's gets REALLY frustrating, but you can definitely do it! :D Believe me, if I can you most certainly can! xx p.s.. Sorry for another thread, I'm just really excited and thrilled and wanted to others know that they can do it! :)Valleys0 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 finnaly got my lei shen trinket any add ons to tell me when it procs? also whats the proc chance in pvp whats the proc chance in pve 502 lfr versionJéss5 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 is it me? Is it me or do aff locks not pull the numbers till they get lie shiens trinket?Draineyole1 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Redesigning Glyph of Siphon life I don't know if many of you know, but the glyph of siphon life used to be an ability that affliction warlocks learned deep in their affliction talent tree. I've never played in that era of wow, So I don't know how well it worked. I've discussed this many times with my friends to try and balance this glyph. This is what we came up with. Glyph of Siphon Life: Your drain life is now an instant cast ability, That applies a debuff on the target. This debuff lasts as long as your drain life normally would, but instead of damaging then as well, only heals the warlock, and doesn't deal damage. This would also be affected by Harvest life in 5.4 Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.Raggert11 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Demo Question I recently got lfr uvls and was wondering if I should go demo and if it will give me better dps than destro. I have the two piece bonus and the only thing I'm missing is the legendary meta and the haste breakoint (but I could easily reforge and gem to haste).Loveletly5 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Felguard does more damage than Wrathguard? Hello guys, I am a 87 Demo Warlock and today I decided to compare both Felguard's and Wrathguard's total damage with exactly 20 seconds each using damage meter on a 85 training dummy and came up with these numbers. Felguard: Melee-74,355 Legion Strike-48,325 Pursuit-5,720 Total-128,400 Wrathguard: Melee-80,071 Mortal Cleave-35,689 Pursuit-4,576 Total-120,336 Now, to my understanding isn't the Wrathguard supposed to be doing 20% more damage than the Felguard?Lokiel8 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Good warlock pvp videos Hey all. I'm somewhat new to warlocks and I was wondering if anyone knows of some really good warlocks videos. I've always liked affliction over destro but I recently went demonology and I'm loving it. Are there any notable good demonology locks out there with vids? I also wouldn't mind seeing affliction or destro either. I like being versatile learning how to play all 3 specs but more fascinated with Demonology because it's fresh and new to me. Thanks!Darkmaaj3 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 RoF "compensation" Anyone have a link to Ghostcrawler's tweet where he said there would be compensation for the RoF ember generation nerf? I want to make sure I link to it in the thread I'm going to create in the PTR discussion forum if there's no ember generation buff tomorrow.Vreivai2 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Someone recommend me streams to watch! Looking for Warlock ones. Affliction preferred!Nachtmystium5 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Best order to gear up I'm sitting on 3700 conquest points. With the next patch looming, should I just save my conquest points? If not, what gear would you recommend I get first? ThanksMàl4 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 How to kill healers as affliction(in 2s)? Been running some 2s as affliction and I'm having no problems with double DPS teams but I'm struggling a lot with healer/dps teams. I got up to 1430 last night (still gearing up) and once I hit that healer/dps is all I started running into, mostly disc teams. I was running affliction/disc Anyway, in healer/dps 2s matches I just can't seem to get out enough damage to kill anyone. I keep DoTs up on both, spam fear the healer but no matter what my DoTs are getting healed through no problem at all I bet their healer isn't even breaking a sweat. Not like I'm a hunter and can mongo the DPS while their healer is in a half fear xD I rot the team pretty well, and both the dps and healer will be hovering around 50% health the whole match but I can't actually land a kill on either unless I run the healer oom (which I've done a couple times) but that makes for LOOOONG matches. It's either I run their healer oom or they run mine oom. WTB mana burn. Any tips? Drain soul just isn't strong enough of an execute with the amount healing that can be put out with an instant cast. It's really only disc and r.druids I have problems with, the other healers not so much. I tried demo a couple times but I didn't care for it, felt like a one trick pony either I kill someone w/ all my CDs popped or I have to sit and kite around for the next 2 minutes until CDs again, not a lot of constant pressure like affliction. Also, do any of you run GoSac in arenas as affliction? My pet gets trained and killed..a lot and I hate using a shard to re summon because it's such a pain to get shards back, nightfall rarely procs unless I'm lucky enough to get a shard from a shadowy apparition or something. Was thinking of running GoSac to solve that problem, also having two spell locks might help, idk.Ertholas13 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Hello guys.. gotta few questions about LVLING .. what should i level my lock as ? What spec? Same with talents ? what should i throw in them? Just give me some ideas of what i should be doing? Thanks guysRidinsoloo9 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 <Green Fire N00b Yeah. I don't understand. Watched the videos, read the forums. I cannot kill the imps for christ's sake. The pitlord flame does zero damage...am I missing something? ILVL 528 and the imps eat through my 603K before I can kill them. Again, I don't get it. Oh, and I know I am Demo. here is the link to the demo lock who did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y690fPvWltQMarxxe4 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 What am I getting myself into? So when 5.4 rolls around planning on leveling a lock to have as back for for utility purposes. Going to level it up quickly and get it up to speed, but one thing I noticed about warlocks is you pretty much have to be proficient in all 3 specs and from what Ive read on a few guides they all play different (the specs). Im not trying to ask if they are faceroll or anything like that but are they as intricate as guides say?Redpanda3 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Spec for Twinking at 60 I know that most classes are balanced around their performance at level cap, so I was looking for input from players on what they thought was the most powerful spec around level 60. I've felt affliction was weak at this level, and I tend to play destro on this toon, though I have a 90 demo lock.Diafthora0 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Destruction PvE: Fel Imp vs. Observer? I'm wondering if Fel Imps are good to use like Observers for a Destruction PvE Warlocks. Any ideas?Poltergeist9 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Plz help Demo stuck?? I cant tell if I should gem Int or Master. Also my gear has too much crit. I dont know how to Sim. Can anyone help? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuluhed/Lesangre/simpleLesangre18 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Single Target DPS (Destro) Hey folks, Failry new warlock here...played mage since forever, needed to make an alliance toon and finally caved and made a lock. Only had this lock about two months, so I'm hardly an expert. Playing destro just because it seemed the most "mage like" of the bunch. Still learning the spec, still gearing up, but it seems like when I hit this item lvl (506) I could at least come pretty close with the mage of hitting 90-95k DPS single target in a raid setting, with group buffs and such, 100k if all the stars aligned. (Maybe food, but certainly no flasks) This guy though, hell, single target I feel fortunate if I'm hitting 75k. The AoE DPS is off the charts ridiculous w/ F&B (250k in most ToT scenarios), but single target it just plummets. I've never seen this radical a change in DPS from AoE to single target. I don't -think- I'm doing anything wrong rotation wise...Immolate up, get backdrafts from conflagrate, incinerate like mad. CoE on targets, rain of fire for ember build up, try to save up a chaos bolts for a little burst with Dark Soul comes off CD. Shadowburn I still haven't quite figured out, in so far as do I only use this when I know I can get a kill with it, or just hit it as soon as my 20% marker is up? I get Havoc making a double chaos bolt, not quite sure how it works well with Shadowburn either...as I said, still learning. All this having been said though, does Destro just have poor single target compared to what I was used to as a mage? Or am I just not hitting on all cylinders yet? Thanks!Kuzya2 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 I dont get it... I got my codex and my green fire all within 3 hours, 15 attempts only and i got ma green fire. Didnt seem all too difficult with all the guides out there. Anyways yay Edit: dont mean to come off as rude, just stating that with all the guides its fairly easy as to how much this fight has been broken down.Fritoss23 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Please DON'T nerf green fire quest It's just a slap in the face for all of us who managed to get it.Sofie5 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Green Fire Probs So I'm on Kan, and I can get to the Felpups, but I always die on them due to them eating my enslaved demon. Why is this happening? Is this a bug or something? Also, is my gear even up to snuff? I've seen people do this with about the same gear without an issue, but all because of my enslaved demon getting eaten by Felhunters, I wipe over and over. Help please!Xyranth5 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Grimoire of Sacrifice Just wanted to know if 100% uptime on this is viable at all for afflic/demo pvp. I know its probably not OPTIMAL, but does it hurt so much that there is absolutely no reason I can use it?Velzen3 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Aff Macro Help hey guys im try to get this macro going, i want to only pop soulburn when the target is in range then soul swap, atm it pops it whenever even when im out of range. #showtooltip Soul Swap /cast Soulburn /cast Soul Swap Help?Stoplockpop2 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Getting the tome for green fire quest All these threads about beating the boss.. Lol how hard is it to even get the quest? I'm a fresh 90 n did two rares on isle.. No time.. And they were hard bas he'll to beat.. I guess my gear has a lot to do with it How long did it take u guys to get the questShaytann6 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 5.4 Grimoires for affliction So, we all know at this point that GoSac is getting nerfed yet again ... And, on top of that, Malefic Grasp and Drain soul are getting nerfed pretty hard as well ... But on the other hand, Haunt is getting a significant buff ... Since I'm not on the PTR, I wanted to know and discuss what Grimoire is the most effective in 5.4 for affliction. I imagine Supremacy will be best, but I haven't tested anything and don't have any numbersDemonatrix7 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Kanrethad will nerf itself. First off, I have green fire. As soon as patch went live I farmed those stupid rares until I got my tome, the next couple weeks were full of wipes and gearing myself up to make the encounter easier, I went from almost all ilvl 476 gear to where I am now to defeat this boss. It got much easier with my higher ilvl (duh) but everyone needs to just calm down about the whole thing, it's working as intended Blizzard wanted just the dedicated players to have it AT FIRST but as better gear comes out it gets much easier, you may get it next patch, you may get it next expansion, but if you want it you will get it, it's just a matter of how bad you want it and WHEN you want to get it. There's no need for a nerf and there's certainly no need for a buff as I've seen from some people. TL;DR It will get easier for less skilled/casual player with better gearMendacium3 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Went back to my warlock... I we back to my warlock after playing a paladin most of the expansion. I was told to go destruction. If would of been blindly given this toon, without being told what class I was playing, I would of swore I was playing a mage. The only difference is that the pet is a demon. sighIllidarian4 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 You CAN beat Kanrethad WITHOUT a Portal As it says. I wanted to show my friend the scenario (though it ported me right to the boss, is there a way to do the whole thing again without re-rolling?) and thought 'lets see if I can do it without a Gateway'. So I tried it. And I won. It was close on the timer, but I didn't interrupt his first cast of Curse (I goofed and didn't actually enslave the Pit Lord, so it charged me) so I had <10 seconds left. No food, no flask, no potion (but I am an Orc so I guess I get an extra trinket). I barely even changed the original strategy I used as it had such little emphasis on the Portal. I did not make this one up myself, I stole it from youtube. So here is how it went. Set up your Circle behind a pillar. Remember to refresh it before it runs out. Refresh every time you teleport to be safe. Teleport to avoid Chaos Bolts, then run back out. Enslave the Pit Lord (obviously). When Kanrethad casts Curse, charge him. He has never cast Cataclysm before an Imp summon for me, even when I haven't interrupted him. He runs to the middle, stands there, then starts attacking as normal. For dispels, if you have aggro on Kanrethad, the Pit Lord will attack his back. So stand close to Kanrethad, and every time you use the Flame, it will hit you. No need for a macro to make the Pit Lord run over to you, Flame you, and run back to the boss. For Imps, stand just behind the Pit Lord's tail. Keep Kanrethad targeted. Keep Rain of Fire on the Imps, and spam Chaos Bolts into Kanrethad. When he finishes the summon, charge and Flame him. The stun will hit most of the imps, as will the flame, killing 90% of them. The rest can be mopped up with Rain of Fire. For Felhunters, send Pit Lord to one side of the portal, and you stand on the other. Spam Rain of Fire. When the first puppy come out, Havoc it. Target the second, keeping spamming Rain. Third comes out. Once it is in melee range, tell the PL to charge while you start casting Chaos Bolt on the 2nd puppy. The charge should connect just before CB goes off. 2 puppies dead. 2xConflag should just about kill the last puppy, so finish if off. For Doom Lord, have the PL charge and Flame it when it is summoned. PL now has Perma aggro on it. It also will not die (unless Sacrificial Pact can be used on the PL, in which case I wonder what kind of shield that gives). Repeat the above steps on the 2nd round of summoning. If you ignore the Doom Lords, they will ignore you, stun and flame is plenty of threat on them. By the time the third Imp phase happens, he should be into Shadowburn phase. Do not stun and breathe the Imps to kill them, you want Rain of Fire for lots of Embers for lots of Shadowburn. The only time this uses Gateway is to save 2-3 seconds running from behind the pillar to get into the fight after Chaos Bolt, or as a 'to be sure' on the Doom Lords. Remember, you have Soul Shatter if you really need it.Trekhar9 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 my imp is my best pal. Is your imp your best pal?Bellátrix5 Aug 20, 2013