Warlock

Jun 14, 2013 Mages and the joys of schadenfreude At least someone is enjoying the news from 5.4's PTR. Mage posters, above and beyond any other class by far, seem to be dancing in the digital streets at our misfortune. This thread isn't about KJC, though (there are a few of those), it is about how many mages have you seen posting lately who were all but giggling-giddy about the news? I capped out at an even twelve before I decided to make a thread about it. Has anyone spotted twenty dancing mages? Thirty?Sardana4 Jun 14, 2013
Jun 14, 2013 Don't give up yet, please! We can still push for a change to this incoming fiasco. Don't let Blizzard gut this amazing class because of some perceived imperfection with a style of play. Post on threads, post on GC's/Holinka's twitter, like the threads that post about this. Go to the General Discussion forum and post on the consolidated feedback thread. We need to kick this change in the !@# before it rears its ugly head in PTR.Divergent5 Jun 14, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Glyph of everlasting affliction From a pve standpoint, Should I be using this Description: Increases duration of Unstable Affliction, Corruption, Agony by 50% and reduces their damage by 20%Oldwitchlady3 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Redesign again? If blizzard takes away KJC, warlocks, specifically destruction warlocks are going to feel it the most. All of our spells are long casts compared to other classes. Ele shamans still have the ability to cast LB on the move with no penalty and their DoT, which is instant. Also, fulmination (instant). Don't forget Spirit Walkers Grace. Mages have scorch plus many instant procs ie. ice lances (etc) They also have an instant DoT. Hunters can do their full rotation while moving. Spriest have many DoTs along with short cast spells. This leaves warlocks as "glass cannons". We have horribly long casts even for our DoT to be applied (destruction). Chaos bolt takes almost 3 seconds to cast. Blizz redesigned the warlock in basically every spec. We are a resource using class (like pallys), not only do these changes nerf our movement but now our ability to spend the resources properly. This is just in a PvE scenario. As for PvP, we were penalized with a large slow for cast. This at least kept melee from doing the dance around characters while we're trying to get a slow cast off. Destruction warlocks will be a sit and stay class in order to produce any kind of numbers and with any movement at all our dps will be close to nil. Fel Flame costs way too much mana to be used effectively, after 4 casts of it we are oom. Perhaps, I hate to say this, but redesign again? Change KJC but also make our filler spells cast on the move or something. I know its early but hopefully this doesn't stay as read. What do you guys think?Jakamoe5 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Any evidence that KJC is OP please link. Using raidbots, noxxic or Arena and RBGS ratings or anything else. Please show me any of these that show warlocks dominating because of KJC.Curseword2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 How good are these stats for a lvl 79 Destro? http://i.imgur.com/1s0hriL.jpg Just wondering how my stats are for a 79 destro lock. I plan on staying this level for a while and am just curious :PTheguyandrew1 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 You have allowed the Sha to reawaken!! Feed them with your anger.Moldrak1 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 I just started playing Blizz why? I just lost all desire to play a warlock. With the recent and up coming nurf to kil'jaeden's cunning I do not even want to touch this class anymore. Why was this done this talant has stood 3 patches and now they are declaring it OP? I hope that this change dose not stand as it is stupid and just destroys another thing that made one caster different form all the rest of the ranged. Hunters can still cast some skills while moving though so the hell Blizz? It was a fun talant that made me actually play a caster as I like to move around as DPS but do not like to sacrifice cast time to do so. Again I hope it dose not stand it is a REALLY bad idea and will cost them a portion of the player base.Drezon5 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Demo locks feelings on the KJC nerf? (pvp) I'm sad about it. I really did like being able walk an cast, but the more i think about it the less i think it's gonna hurt. My imps / fel guards do plenty of damage by themselves. It sucks, but i'm not terribly worried. Anyone else care to comment?Toothgang5 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 proposed Mannoroth's Fury change Change Mannoroth's Fury into an actual AoE spell. Maybe have it replace one of our current AoE's depending on what spec we were? That would make more sense to me as a lvl 90 talent. Regardless of what else gets changed or stays the same, I'v always felt that MF should be an actual spell. It could have the added benefit of giving affliction a decent AoE ability where needed. The 5.4 proposed changes to our lvl 90 talents as a whole just make them all really un-interesting. Those are our top tier talents....they should feel like it.Malikus2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 KJC and embers? I'm speaking mainly arena. Are we meant to actually stand still and chain incinerates to gain embers? At least make incinerates able to be cast while moving. I would deal with having to stay still while casting chaos bolt, it's only fair, it hits like a truck. Wouldn't it make more sense to have it similar to ele shams? Their fillers can be cast while moving, their big damage cannot, and they also have a cooldown to cast everything while moving? I get we are OP, fotm even. But this is a bit intense. I guess I'll start practicing demo?Bangdot2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Green wings in dark apotheosis Title says it all. I love green meta, but I would also like to see my wings become green with dark apotheosis active.Kellandor10 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Why change Mannoroth's Fury? I can *maybe* understand the logic behind nerfing KJC... but why nerf MF as well? I don't know a single lock who uses MF the way it is. So if the KJC nerf goes live, MF might have been my next choice... but now it looks like I'm stuck with nerfed KJC or useless AV. I don't understand the logic adding MF to this nerf.Gromosh14 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Green Fire question I'm planning to buy the item to start the chain, because I like the look it will have on demon form but I don't want my destro spell to lose the fire look. After completing the chain, can the green fire be turn on & off or will it always stay green?Ahladdin2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Harvest Life vs Stampede Has anyone that tried this comment on the results? Just checking if it's worth dumping DR for hunter encounters.Aztharoth1 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 What happened? Anyone know where the thread about the warlock talent nerfs in general discussion went? Did blizz delete it? That would make me lol.Konkraa2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 can't cast and run that's fine. we get Howl of terror back <3 but my issue now will have to be a THREE SECOND cast for chaos bolt standing still in arena or channel MG. hell its difficult enough to juke and get CB/MG to land with all the added cc and interrupts. Ive played destro/afflic/demo since LK now and yes we used to manage before we could cast and run that is a dumb argument the game is a lot different, and different means more cc more more more interrupts same cast times? I honestly feel like blizzard just doesn't know what to do and they are taking shots in the dark. take away kj and give us more instant casts and stuns and roots like mages. immolate slows target and conflag is a stun(or horrify we are warlocks) haave the FnB version just stun/horrify for .5 sec and single target 1-1.5 sec and i can cast a 1.5 fear or a 3 second chaos bolt that hits like a wet noodle now btw. or bring back RoF early MOP mechanics or something don't want to give locks more cc, i understand we have a lot already. but MG and CB are both broken for arena in 5.4. these spells are worthless without running and juking. the channel is terribad anyway its so easy to silence and lock us out and chaos bolt is so old of a mechanic from a game with half the interrupts. make chaos bolt like frost bomb or devouring plague or make destros playstyle work with conflags and felflames doing enough damage to be comparable to mages instants, and change MG's spell school and add a slow and drain the enemy hp to give us hp ffs we are locks.Lòótacris3 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 T16 set bonuses Pretty boring overall IMO. From mmo-champion: Warlock T16 2P Bonus (New) Conflagrate has a 20% chance to increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 15%. Unstable Affliction critical hits have a 40% chance to increase all damaging effects of Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul by 30% for 10 sec. Soul Fire has a 20% chance to increase you and your pet's damage dealt by 20%. Warlock T16 4P Bonus (New) When a Burning Ember fills up, your critical strike chance is increased by 15% for 5 sec. Haunt has a 20% chance to refund its shard when expiring. Shadow Bolt and Touch of Chaos have a 20% chance to also cast Hand of Gul'dan at the target.Blinks16 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 BiS trinkets for each spec? Breath of hydra seems to be the one trinket all 3 specs use. But for the second I cant get a solid answer. Using askmrrobot it says hydra+wushoo for all 3 specs and I almost know 100% thats dead wrongLexibell7 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 5.4 Soul Leech Is getting buffed for Destruction lolololololololololololol. This makes about as much sense as the Hunter hotfixes that went through on Tuesday.Vreivai8 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 ATTN: Warlock Level 90 Talents Ok, the lvl 90 talents for warlocks have always been rather .... 'meh', to say the least. When the damage reduction on KJC cunning was removed, it was the clear winner of the two, Mannoroth's Fury being the lesser of two evils. KJC as a constant 'can move while casting effect' with a movement penalty I found put it in the right spot being 'cool but fair'. It made us feel a bit unique - the only spell caster to move while casting anything (ofcourse, we can't cast gateways and portals). Not only did it feel unique, it was an entirely new ball game. It made the class feel fresh and fun again. Since 5.3, shamans can cast lightning bolt on the move, mages have frostjaw as a tier 1 talent, and so on. But what made us special was, this was our level 90 talent. If it felt awesome, it's because using your level 90 talent should feel that way. I've played a warlock since pre-bc, I've mained him through every expansion. I've leveled a warrior, dk and mage since. This moving while casting thing, I found has really given us our 'niche'. High stam and self heals in raids aren't that relative to us anymore. Our focus has shifted to movement or, escape. We've been given a gateway, teleport, and being able to cast while moving. Putting a level 90 talent on a 1.5 minute cooldown simply doesn't make it fun anymore. It'll still be useful. But its usefulness will be greatly diminished if this change goes live. Putting it on a cooldown means we have to pick our moment to be able to cast while moving for 15 seconds. I can cast and move all the time with a 30% movement penalty now. I do good on damage metres, but I could do better. The time and damage lost for me if KJC were on cooldown would put me even further behind on damage. Sure other casters can't cast and move, but they're abilities and spell coeffecients are different than mine. Maybe they've got a lot of things to make up for that lack movement. I don't. I have a 2 minute DPS cooldown I try and line up with trinket procs. Gee, hope that better line up with this 15 second window I've got to make sure I get un-interrupted casts of Malefic Grasp... or Incinerate/Shadowbolt Spam. In terms of PVP. It has a 30% movement penalty. In an arena environment, that's a huge loss. With slows, snares, and everything else thrown on top of me, there is no way I'm out kiting anyone unless they're teaching their grandma to play catch the Warlock. Basically, a 30% movement speed is a lot of nurf. Anyway, frost mages can pretty much 1 shot people with good procs in arena with full pvp gear... so who knows what Blizzard thinks about arena! hah! Nakatoir said this in regards to KJC; ... I'm familiar with blizzards stance on wanting to avoid 'cookie cutter builds' and all that. But we're almost halfway into the expansion here. These are big changes to our class. 99% of affliction locks are taking it because if we miss our main filler, it's a huge dps loss, you've repeatedly reduced dot damage enough.a Our damage in this tier of raiding would be very bad if we had to stop casting to move. It's snare effect is noticeable, it hurts having -30% movement speed. The upside to being able to cast all the time is reasonably well balanced with the 30% snare. This is a level 90 talent! KJC had had an interesting mechanic when it allowed us to cast without penalty for X amount of time, and completely took away the ability to cast while moving while it was on cooldown. The only bad thing was no warlock in their right mind would use it because it wasn't worth that penalty (the 30% snare still applied when it was off cooldown). Why not re-introduce this mechanic, but make it more attractive to USE the talent. Something like "When KJC is activated, your haste is increased by 15%" oooor "When KJC is activated damage taken is reduced by 15%"... or something like that. The 'bonus' to using the ability has to outweigh the bonus to not using it but not be over powering. Figure it out, I'm not paid to, I'm sure someone at Blizzard is though. Just make it attractive to use. IT'S A LEVEL 90 TALENT. It should be good! How can you justify making these changes 'because 99% of Affliction Warlocks were taking' when 0% of Warlocks take Archimondes's Vengance. What's going to happen with that talent? Leave it as is, effectively giving us only 2 level 90 talents to pick from? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-work Archimonde's Vengance to something useful in a raid and pvp situation. I'd love to see 'how many warlocks' pick that talent on live servers. Please show me the figures on that and why nothing has been done about it. My point is if you're going to generalise and make changes from data, and don't like us being able to cast while moving without a harsh enough penalty, then please, spare us all the bs and re-work our WHOLE level 90 talent tier. As it stands now (ptr proposal), it is extremely disappointing. I haven't even talked about Mannoroth's Fury nurf. Everyone's forgetting that this is a massive nurf to this playstyle too! Sure, you'll buff Elemental Shaman's chain lightning to not decrease damage per jump, but heavens to Besty if warlocks come close to them on AOE pulls. Not to mention spin kick monks who can setup a macro to spin kick, set someone on follow, afk and do great damage. Mannoroth's fury is situational and if we take a 500% increased area to aoe, then we give up the ability to move while casting. It's a huge, and fair trade off. In PVP, this might seem overpowered when popping a rogue out of stealth. Well guess what, once he has me stun locked, after I teleport and take my gateway, he's pretty much on me 100% of the time. KJC gives me a chance in arena. Mannoroth's fury isn't as strong. Our level 90 talents as they are in 5.3 seem 'ok'. They're fine. With Archimonde's vengance being the only exception. It really is a terrible talent which needs re-working. But please, don't mess around with KJC and MF this far into the expansion. They are talents which have a penalty and heavy penalties at that. I don't understand how every time us Warlocks find something 'cool' with our class, it becomes nurfed. Same thing happened with GoSac. People were taking it because pets bug out, it's a nice dps buff and it's more convenient. So instead of buffing our pets slightly to allow us to CHOOSE between pets and GoSac, you just nurfed it, forcing 99% of locks to take GoSup. Forcing us in another corner you'll want us to eventually get out of... well maybe not because the point of that was that we're a 'pet class' (untill I can name and tame demons, don't call us a pet class). Why not 'buff' to bring the un-popular choice into popularity? This won't make us overpowered, it won't make us smash dps metres, and it won't make us able to 'ez-mode' rank 1. Anyway, I'm getting off track and finding it harder to understand what Blizzard's intention is with these changes. I'd honestly prefer they re-worked the three talents, may be to something entirely different, something new, something worth their and my time. Because as it stands, the ability that makes my warlock competitive is being taken away. I pay my $15 like everyone else and I figured I'd make my opinion heard, or at least put in writing. I know a lot of other Locks are in the same boat as myself, we're all very angry at this change, please do us right by this and listen.Raddest7 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Green fire start item Hey guys I have been farming those elites on isle of thunder with no luck. Wondering if any locks in cho gall have any extra ones I could buy off them. ThanksSouldyne0 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Some final thoughts, or the last nerf thread It's wishful thinking I know, but I'd like to stop seeing these threads posted (yeah, yeah I know so let's post another one) but I wanted to share some final thoughts on the matter. First off, myself and a quite a few of us probably overreacted a bit at the changes. In hind sight, as much as they suck, the changes to KJC and MF make sense when taking into mind how AV works. I personally don't think the tooltips we saw were 100% finished, and I think both KJC and MF will be made similar in mechanics to AV. That being, a passive effect that's not as strong until you activate the CD, and then the passive effect is disabled while the ability is on CD. When you think about it, that makes a lot of sense and it equalizes all 3 talents so they operate the same mechanically. Does it suck? You bet! Does it make sense? in a way, yes it does. On to the next points. Getting howl of terror baseline is a good thing, and honestly I've been advocating for having it baseline since the beginning of MoP. Making it into a talent was stupid in the first place and I'm glad to have it back. I think a lot of locks are completely overlooking getting this back as a baseline ability out of their rage for the KJC and MF changes that might not even be completed or final yet. If there's anything for us to be concerned about right now it's our loss of 10% damage reduction from fel armor (and I feel for our spriest and moonkin brethren as well). Warlocks are SUPPOSED to be "tanky." That's our theme, that's one of the defining characteristics of our class and if you take that away we become nothing more than glorified mages with cookies instead of cakes. Maybe that's what blizzard wants, for all casters to be a mage ripoff, but come on. If there's anything we should be trying to stop from going live it's the change to fel armor. Why aren't we voicing more concern over this instead? Why aren't we bringing up the problem we have against melee cleaves already. We need to copy our toons to the PTR and demonstrate to blizzard that removing our 10% reduction is just flat out not OK and makes us completely nonviable in arenas as we will be the #1 train target and melee cleaves will become more commonplace. Poor shadow priests will suffer even more I think, they can't kite as well as warlocks can. And moonkins....I don't even, they were squishy enough. Anyway, I digress. For one, I am glad we are losing the FotM rerollers. I say good riddance to you. The only reason you people rolled a warlock in the first place was because it was OP at some aspect of the game. The class was redesigned, we got some cool new toys and it was made easier to play so it attracted a lot of mage refugees (I feel for you mages, I really do, I also had a mage I played in addition to this lock that I more or less abandoned at MoP start). I've seen some threads about "true warlocks," and while I don't think "true warlocks" means not QQing about nerfs, but it most certainly does mean taking an interest in the well being of your class, showing some pride and not immediately resorting to "I'M REROLLING MAGE BLIZZARD HATES WARLOCKS LULZULZ MAGES NEVER GET NERFED." So, FotM rerollers. Goodbye, it was nice knowing you and personally I'll be happy when I don't see a warlock every 3 steps in org. I liked it better when we were in the minority. It made being a warlock something that made you stand out from the crowd, and something to be proud of. With that point, I'd like to make one suggestion. It's far fetched and probably won't happen, but I can dream can't it? Bring back cata affliction. Especially with the KJC nerf, having to channel MG is going to hurt affliction without a buff to DoTs. I thoroughly enjoyed affliction in cata, and it was my favorite spec out of every single one in the game. When I PvP, I don't want burst and I don't want "pop all your CDs and blow someone up." I want a battle of attrition, I want a pure DoT spec where almost ALL of my damage comes from my DoTs without channeling a spell. I want to CONTROL my opponent and outlast them slowly while my DoTs melt them. Please, bring back this playstyle. You don't have to recreate cata affliction, but buff our DoTs and nerf the channel so having only DoTs and good CC be enough to win a fight. The bottom line is, I will continue to play my warlock, and I will always play my warlock. I love the class and I enjoy all three specs. Whether I can move and cast or not, whether I have 10% damage reduction or not, whether the class and all of it's specs completely SUCK in PvP and PvE, I don't care, I will always play a warlock because it's the only class I have fun on and it's the only class that's interesting and enjoying to play. When all other classes become simplified to play I can always count on my warlock to have a least a little complication added in to keep it interesting. It's just part of being a warlock. And one last note, unless you are an spriest or a moonkin affected by the damage reduction nerf, please stay out of our WARLOCK forum where we discuss WARLOCK related issues. Coming in here to throw insults at us and say "you deserved it" and "a welcome change" is immature and really demonstrates a problem with some of the WoW community. Please go back to your own class forums and discuss your own patch changes. Thank you for your time, have a good night.Ertholas20 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 5.4 Warlock Patch Notes are a Relief Seriously, just look at the 1st page of the Warlock forums. A new topic of discussion is very refreshing while at work ;)Skeletör1 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 April fools in June?! I had to double-check my calendar when I read the 5.4 ptr patch notes for warlocks........Keristrasza2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 My Talent Rant and Possible Solution I started playing this game back in the days of vanilla. I have no alts nor am I at all interested in playing any other classes. I have nearly always played affliction, with a small amount of time spent on destro which basically feels like playing a mage. I have not been playing the entire time, for instance I unsubbed after tier two and didn't reactivate until Ulduar came about. After that I unsubbed again and came back to Panderia back in October. The changes in my class mechanics between the days of ICC and Ulduar to now were HUGE. I had to relearn how to play my spec entirely. Haunt, MG channeling, it was all a bit of a shock to me. It was worth it however based around how the mechanics felt to an Affliction warlock. I'm pretty much freaking out at this point in time. I know it's early on, but if I feel like they are going to need to find a way to not make me feel like my class is LESS FUN to play. I know one thing's for sure, not being able to move while channeling MG isn't then answer! Fel Flame isn't the answer either. Unless they change the spell to be a simple DD as opposed to extending my dots and updating my snapshot, it's useless 90% of the time. Being able to cast haunt while moving doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's not a spell I'm looking to cast at some random time when I have to move to avoid a raid mechanic. I understand it's useful to be able to cast any spell while moving (trust me) but haunt takes a random and finite resource to cast unlike other classes. Shaman comes to mind. I'm sure this isn't an attempt to make up for all the issues that come about from this change however to it's barely even worth talking about. Perhaps adding a third and fourth stacking movement debuff (not including simply jumping as this is part of what makes KJC fun to begin with haha) to the talent is the answer. This way you can still move and cast, but you can't do it with impunity and it would require some actual decision making before you just start running around for the sake of running around. Perhaps it would stack every 1.25 - 1.5 seconds so you would still need to cancel a channel cast unless you enjoy being a sitting duck for raid mechanics. In theory you can make it stack as many times as you like, thereby limiting the mobility for the warlock. This way for instance I wouldn't be able to kite and channel a spell, unless I was okay with eventually becoming completely immobile. It would make it feel as if casting while moving took so much focus and energy that if you continued to do it you would, in a relatively short amount of time, no longer be able to move. If things were to just go live now I would take AV (I'm really not interested in another situational cooldown I have to click on) play my spec and see how it felt. I'm going to assume it would play like crap since I can do nothing while on the move except ruin the current snapshot of my dots. I will then switch to Demo and learn how to play a spec I've never played before and see how that goes. Demo at least looks kinda cool. If that doesn't work, I'm out! Remember 5.2. They changed Fel Armor from 10% armor to 10% overall damage reduction. They nerfed the hell out of GoSac and made the changes to KJC by removing the active component that no one used. Remember 5.3. Corruption got a nice 10% nerf to overall damage due to .. being OP for AoE? Ahh 5.4. Just in time for summer fun in the sun? :DStalli0 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 KJC explanation can be found here. Blizzard was tired of the warlock forums being flooded Kanrethad and green fire so they wanted to give us something else to talk about...Cerveza1 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 warlock bros. When this !@#$y change goes live just dont pick a tier 6 talent no need to. With out KC not picking a tier 6 talent will be optimal.Ticksndots29 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 KJC and MF nerfs.... looks like I cancelled my subscription at the right time. peace.Terrorize0 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 How we can save KJC... It's pretty simple really. If we all copy our locks to the PTR and swamp Blizzard with negative feedback, we MIGHT get them to change their minds before they unleash this horrible stuff-up on live servers. If the change does make it to the live servers, then we all just DON'T pick a talent from that tier. None. Whatsoever. They'll notice this come time to do patch 5.5, and fix it, or make one of the other two worthwhile. There. We could solve this without all the "WAAAHHHH IM CALLLING THE BBB BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY MY LOCK THE WAY I USED TO WAAAHHHH I QUIT!!!", that looks immature and Blizzard pays no attention to and just deletes off the boards anyway. It hasn't stopped any other nerf or buff or anything in this game's history, so let's try something different.Theedge16 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Stop whining about KJC here.... And go do it in the PTR Discussion forum. I mean, hell, it works for mages. Why don't we give it a try?Vreivai2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Warlock 5.4 suggestions 1. buff health funnel glyph to instantly restore 30% of pets health then a 10% hp hot for 5 secs ticking every sec 2. Remove the requirement that shadow burn needs a burning ember only ??% of mana 3. change the pets spell lock ability to all work to /cast spell lock macros instead of 3 different ones being made for the same thing. 4.change kil'jaeden's cunning, mannoroth's fury into a passive abilty for all specs of warlocks. leave them as they are. bring in 3 new 90 talents 5. buff soul leech by 50% 6. do not get rid of the warlock passive damage reduction from fel armor should be buffing it more then anything. 10% up to 20% 7. Buff all warlock damage by 30% 8. Burning rush should not take any of the players hp 9. Havoc should be able to be used on the target you are killing to double you damage out put on a single target. 10. Give warlocks blood fear again in glyph or talent option please leave feedback 11. lower chaos bolt cast time to 1 sec 12. Give underwater breathing a 100% swim speed buff 13. allow corruption and curse of agony be allowed to be used with all specs of warlock.Iamhax3 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 5.4 ....sigh I've never been one to complain about nerfs, nor have I been one to jump on the forums the day patch notes are released to discuss them. I've always felt like things will iron themselves out and nothing is final, someone out there will speak my concern for me, so I don't need to. This is the first time I'm actually getting on and speaking it myself, and I hope it's heard. In the ~7 years I've been playing this game across multiple toons, never have I had so much concern about my Class as I have now. We knew nerfs were coming, and honestly I was ready and waiting to feel the force of the nerf bat, it was inevitable and I was ok with it, but not in this way. KJC... straight up gutted. And then MF is just salt into the wound. Don't take away 2 of the best talents that I've ever seen in this game! KJC is just pure convenience and quality of life, it's an incredibly nice talent that has allowed me to enjoy an aspect of this game (casters) that I haven't found fun in a very long time. I HATE turreting, I love mobility, that is one of the reasons I re-rolled a Warlock this xpac to begin with. What KJC will turn into is a talented version of a baseline Shaman spell. 15 seconds of movement while casting isn't mobility, it's lackluster. Another 'cooldown' isn't fun, it's clutter. And the frustrating part is that we've been given this glorious talent for the first part of an xpac just to have it taken away from us for the 2nd. And then the MF change, it's less painful, but it will be so dull compared to it's former self. Was it very strong on some fights? Yeah, sure. Was it absolutely useless on others? Yeah, sure. But that's what made it work so well with KJC and even the spec you played for what fight, and that was fun! 2 amazing talents that would have unique benefits for the fight you were on and the spec you were in. My entire level 90 row in my tree is empty now. I don't want a mobility cooldown. I don't want an AoE cooldown. Hell, if the option were to arise, I don't even want another "lolmoredps" damage increasing cooldown. I want to keep my mobility. I want to keep what's allowed me to have a different, unique and amazing time in this game since hitting 90! Now, I don't want to just QQ, so I will leave my suggestion. If KJC is destined to be changed, then why not simply increase the movement speed penalty instead? Instead of 15% stacking, perhaps 20% stacking and the debuff last longer. Or even 15% stacking still but the debuff goes higher. If you really think KJC needs balancing, then there are so many more elegant ways to go about it than just changing it entirely. I hope everyone speaks their opinions regarding these talent changes, I hope everyone is heard, and I hope these changes don't go through. Thank you for your time. -KinxxKinxx2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Top PvP spec 5.4 I know it's a little early, but what do you think will be the top spec come 5.4? I'm thinking demo due to the KJC nerf.Azrìel5 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 What spec for PvP? I haven't played my warlock since around mid Cata. I have no idea what warlock PvP is like now, and I'd like to know what's "the" PvP spec now. Or are they all balanced? Maybe two of them, but not one?Kadios2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Green fire help Hey guys I just came back from 5.1. Was wondering if you can buy the tome to start the quest off the AH. Or if you have to farm elites on isle of thunder for it. If you do have to farm for it what is the best way to go about it? ThanksSoulshadow4 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 My Argument for KJC! Look Blizzard. Gandalf the Grey was casting spells WHILE mounted in the third LOTR movie,yet I did not hear one person !@#$% about it. Cmon, your bustin our balls here.Abyzzle1 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 [Suggestion] Kil'jaeden's Cunning Just a quick suggestion to be commented upon: Keep this talent as-is (passive) but change the movement penalty to a cast speed penalty. Perhaps 15%/30%. Would keep mobility with adding a decision-making element to the ability. Cheers.Exhort3 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 patch notes cool thanks now i can forget to pick a last talent and i will never notice. cool change to that tier. it will be impossible to cast chaos bolt in arena.Lòótacris0 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 I will slap the ones who did that last green fire boss... seriously wtf is this >:(Exorcised7 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 give mages KJC and give them a talent that lets them cast on people behind them!! ghost crawler will be so happy!Ebonsoul16 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Simply say "NO" to the KJC nerf This ability has been part of warlocks this entire expansion. Nerfing it into useless so close to the end of this expansion's life-cycle is just absolutely stupid. So simply say "NO" to the KJC nerf until the next expansion is released. Then they can do whatever the hell they want with it.Elzalaar3 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Turreting on Ebonlocke? Ok, I'll admit it. I'm the 1 warlock that still doesn't have green fire. I never invested enough time in it, because I have so many alts that I also like to play. However, it seems that, if the 5.4 changes to KJC go through, the Ebonlocke fight will be HARDER, not easier. So, let's assume that this goes through, and that someone can't make their warlock hit 90 before the patch or doesn't have the time to get green fire until after 5.4 comes out. What would be this Warlock's best course of action? Figure out how to handle the fight with almost no movement? Try it as a demo lock? any ideas?Wilm2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Best PvP spec? I just recently made a lock and am wondering which is the better spec for PvP. Right now he's a Demo, and it's fun, but I feel that Affliction could do better. I'm stuck choosing between Demo and Affliction, and am unsure which to pick. So any info on both specs and opinions on which is more viable would be much appreciated (:Oppan0 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Trinket choices. Just picked up Wushoolay's Final Choice today. I currently have the valor trinket and Breath of the Hydra. Which should I replace, if any? Hit is not an issue.Nashoba15 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Demo Lock PvP Gemming? As a Demonology Warlock, what is best for gem sockets? Currently I'm going Mastery, but have been wondering if Intellect would be a better approach. Also, the secondary stat priority I use is Mastery > Crit > Haste, is this correct? Any help is appreciated and keep in mind this is for PvP, and without any PvE trinkets (No UVLS), thanks.Pathological1 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Keep the KJC threads coming. Also I would encourage everyone without a twitter account to make one and send GC a loud and clear message about how the lock community feels about this. It is not game breaking in anyway and does not need to be "fixed".Curseword2 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 what LoL char should i choose when i unsub i said id unsub with 5.3... now if 5.4 really guts my favorite version of the lock to date ill unsub my friends all play LoL so what hero should i pick to be most like a destro lock i know ill catch a lot of flak for this thread but w.e i don't care. iv played since 2 days after launch I'm not a noob nor am i being a lil btch. iv just been fed up with this game for months and don't feel like paying 15 dollars a month for an increasily bad gameEbonsoul4 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 are you fellow locks excited to get cleaved in 5.4?Savvo6 Jun 13, 2013
Jun 13, 2013 Should I just delete this toon? I levelled him about a month back because lock was interesting for the first time in WoW history. You could cast while moving and there was a resource system that wasn't complete dog. I'm probably never gonna play this toon again, now, especially because there's no way I'll ever be able to cast with the retarded amount of cc that exists in this game. It was frustrating enough trying to cast with any melee on me before, so I'd imagine that I won't be able to do anything next patch. Hell, this guy doesn't even have enough room on his bars anymore to fit more damn CDs.Mlgcodblazin12 Jun 13, 2013