Warlock

Feb 21, 2013 Leveling a Warlock for the 1st time Questions Hello, Im leveling a Warlock for the 1st time, after seeing some in this expansion they look really fun so I wanted to try one. Only thing is I dont know where to start. When leveling what is a good spec for Dungeons and random BGs? What talents are good? and which glyphs work well? Just new to the class, trying to learn, thanks! I would read the stickies like most class forums but I dont see too many here that answer my questions, I know ppl are probably sick of fielding noob warlock questions but Id rather ask than just piss ppl off in the game :)Lumberg4 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 wich staff? Wanting to get the dignified headmaster's charge or the pvp grand staff of jordan. Love to pvp, but the headmaster's charge still seems better. What's you opinion?Necrosha2 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 So bored with destro.....aff help plz. So I was on the verge of shelving my lock bc of sheer boredom with destro, then I discovered affliction which has resparked an interest in my lock. I've only been trying out affliction for 4 days now and am having trouble comprehending some of the rotation priorities At first my single target dps on the dummy was MUCH lower than with destro. (due to my lack of familiarity with the rotation and play style) I've now gotten it up to about equal . However I feel like I could be doing better. Destro=38-39k (no havoc used) Aff = 41-42k now. No 'burn' phase of course. The rotation as I understand it: Use CoE- got it SB:SS apply DoT and keep rolling - got it Open up with an initial Haunt. MG filler until %20- got it <%20 burn phase. Use drain soul, strive for % 100 uptime on Haunt, reapply DoTs with SB:SS- got it. When exactly to use Haunt btw %100-20 - don't got it. My problem is I have read varying ways of when to use Haunt btw %100-20 health. What is the best way and when exactly do I want to Haunt? There are those that warn very strongly AGAINST overusing haunt btw %100-20. Do I only use Haunt to prevent capping at 4 shards during %100-20? I want learn the correct way so I don't develop any early bad habits. Just a novice at aff and confused with Haunt? What the deal with this Haunt thing? Also having MUCH more oom issues than when I was destro? /Thank you :)Charvel16 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 How to play afflic in arena? Anyone mind helping a returning lock noob out? Unfortunately my gear is trash right now so it's kinda hard to test different styles since nobody would do arenas with me. I've been watching a lot of afflic vids and it seems afflic locks aren't keeping dots on each target, usually only on kill target. That surprises me with how easy it is using soulburn. Also, I havent seen a single lock use drain soul...isnt that supposed to be our execute? And uhh which curse, enfeeblement or elements?Gnomgnamstyl6 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Well done blizz Buffs to destro and demo were justified. You now realize that we want to be as powerful as mages, and deserve to be more powerful than mages. time to start practicing destro!Tarasenko8 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 When should I reforge to the next haste bp? Hey everyone, I'm curious as to when I should try and move up to the next major haste breakpoint (somewhere in the 6600's, can't remember off of the top of my head). I'm currently sitting at 70.73% mastery unbuffed and I just don't see anyone around my gear leveling getting up to that much. I've run the simcrafts on my character multiple times, and it is only showing a 100-200 dps gain by reforging out of mastery and into haste. Does this translate into a higher gain in game or is that just the boost I would be looking at by reforging to the next bp. All suggestions are appreciated! Thanks a lot!Aleros6 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Tips for beating Rdruid/Arms? Queued into this team 3 times tonight and I have to admit, I'm stumped. The druid just kept spamming cc at me until I was immune and then on my partner in between the warriors' bursts. How do you beat this mongo comp? As demo lock/holy pal. Thanks in advance.Ilsae1 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Afflic dot optimization So I'm dusting off my old warlock and trying out affliction, but it's been some time since I've played a dot class. I know there have been times in other xpacks where they have tossed around the idea of 'snapshotting' the stats of a dot class during each dot tick... did that ever get implemented? In other words, if I cast Corruption, and then 6 seconds later proc a +Int trinket, will the current Corruption gain damage based on my current stats, or will it simply 'remember' my old stats before the trinket proc and not benefit from the temporary buff? Also, how does this work with haste? Obviously a current dot doesn't change duration based on haste procs or lust. AKA Should I be refreshing dots when I proc something? Also, should I be refreshing again as the proc is about to fall off?Nosferaatu8 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 How to:Affliction Hello to anyone reading this. I thought I would make a guide for any one you aspiring afflictions that might need some help Key: UA:unstable affliction MG:malefic grasp SS:soulswap SB:soulburn DS:drain soul Alright so lets start out with the basic casts of Agony,UA,and corruption These are our dots(damage over time spells) this takes about4-5seconds to cast them all so I use the following macro /cast SB /cast SS This will put on all your dots instantly and only at the cost of 1 soul (This macro is not good with the glyph of SS(which is a bad glyph anyways)) Second aply the debuff haunt to your target by casting the spell( the debuff increases damage they take by 25% for a certain amount of time)keep this debuff up as much as possible When you have done these 2steps hold MG on the target as long as possible but keep up your dots as without the dots MG is pointless Fel flame is a good thing to use to refresh your deplenishing dots but keep in mind fel flame doesn't refresh agony you will have to recast that Area of affect dps(aoe) 4-6 targets- use your souls to instantly dot up the targets and single cast dot aswell 7 up- SB +seed of corruption, then as nightfall starts procing tab over to as many targets as possible casting the SS macro on each (Ex for this method)(sha of anger) Surviving we have many spells to keep us alive but a lot of people do not utilize the true potential of some of the combos . Here are some of the best combos to survive Dark bargain+twilight ward The debuff from the bargain will be eaten by the shadow damage absorb Usually yielding no damage to the warlock Sacrifice the pet void walker to gain his "shadow bollard" this increases your HP by a % thus increasing the healing received from dark regeneration which is a "heal 30% HP" Unending resolve-Best to be used when you have a lot of dots or are being eaten by ground aoe Mortal coil best used when you have a target attacking you specifically to get him off you Utilizing your misery and trink,armor,chant,ect procs VITAL-do not use misery after you have up your dots, Your dots do damage on what your stats where of the time of the cast thus making it imperative to cast misery and other procs BEFORE you cast ,if you are like me and you have things that auto proc in battle refresh your dots so they get that bonus! ---"weak auras" addon is amazing for keeping track if dots--- Talents These are the best talents IMO Dark regeneration Mortal coil Dark bargain Blood fear Grim sac Mannoroths fury(Needed for large scale aoe-seed of corruption-) Glyphs Soul consume Soul shards( not needed in 5.2) Siphon life So that's the basicish stuff to affiction I hope this helps And if you read thu all of that-I'm sorry-Aiedden4 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Petition for Affliction In terms of Arena/RBG's... I fail to understand why Affliction was so absolutely destroyed for MoP.... Spriests have better healing. Spriests have better control. Spriests have better damage. Affliction is so left in the dust. I'm really ashamed, it's my favorite spec in the game but MoP ruined it. Why should I have to fight over a secondary resource that is needed for my utility spells and to maintain reasonable dps? It really hurts the spec. Furthermore, regenerating this resource is RNG unless I am able to kill someone in the time I spend it, unlikely, especially in arena. /Sign if you want affliction's passive healing back, more control (i.e. we get Coil back), and more of the damage redistributed from MG back into our dots. MG is the worst ability for pvp, second only to soothing mist. It desperately needs to be re-designed. Edit: Can't even believe they are buffing every classes damage except affliction. Overall our dmg is good if we don't get interrupted but MG makes us so lackluster in pvp because our dmg is so preventable. WTB less completely avoidable damage.Garb12 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Destro and Demo damage buffed! Glad to see this. - Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame, Shadow Bolt, Touch of Chaos and Wild Imp Firebolt +15%. - Soul Fire damage +22%. - Conflagrate and Immolate damage +20%. - Incinerate damage +10%.Kaely7 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Switching between Affliction & Destro Dark brothers and sisters! In trying to decide whether i prefer Destruction or Affliction i have spent a lot of money reforging. My question is that is reforging neccesary between these 2 specs? The stat priorities feel quite similar and i'd rather save the money. Also, is hitting the 3043 haste mark important for destro or should i be reforging into mastery? Thanks!Zazlocke4 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 What's the solo-ing ceiling for Warlocks? What old dungeons/raids do you think are solo-able for a level 90 warlock?Renttispark5 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 A Non OP way to make Aff locks better in PvP Blizzard likes MG (atleast right now) and I don't see that mech being removed from the rotation of warlocks. So, if locks channel MG, they are begging to be kicked/silenced. I have a little fix idea. Make Fear a non spell class assoicated spell... (this is in prep to the changes to Blood fear) If you are casting MG and get kicked, you can still cast fear. And vice versa. It adds some thinking on the melees part instead of "HANDS ARE BLACK, FACESMASH MACRO" Thoughts?Snachyoherbs2 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Fel Magic PVP Obviously they must of realized how awful our reward for setting up damage is as warlock and in addition to greenfire we have been given our damage back, because honestly i was pretty pissed off that incinerate was doing less then a warrior's auto attack without dark soul and trinket. THEY SEE US SHINING THE MIGHTY GLORY OF WARLOCK Welcome back warlocks, maybe now we can put a dent in second wind without dark soul :) I expect to see many arena teams come s13 with GREENFIRE KAMEHAMAMA. stay green warlocksMusen0 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Just dinged 90 on my alt lock and was Lf help Hey guys, I just finished leveling my lock to 90 tonight... that is my 4th 90 but I actually have alot of fun playing this one, I was wondering if there and any useful macros or any other tips some pro locks could give me, I play destro but will play some Affliction later on when i get geared. I only need to know things for PvP I don't plan on doing any PVE on them, anything would be helpful, ty ty.Hallowicked1 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Which trinket to replace? I just got the LFR trinket off sha. Obviously trying to increase my damage as much as possible. Which of my two current trinkets should I replace it with? I know crit isn't best for affliction but it has the passive intellect And the other one has a 2 min & 30 sec cd on a big int increase. So which one is better for a performance increase?Dorider5 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Warlock weapons Destro- Main hand offhand? Demon- Staff? Affliction Mainhand offhand? Correct? New to warlocks i usally just use what i pick upNorbért3 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Requesting high-end raiding destro locks! I've just got a couple questions for you guys, is putting pure mastery gems into yellow sockets versus artful gems better? I thought I had a hold of gemming for MoP and that it was still artful, and when I came back from a break I did my research icyveins, noxxic, EJ you know the jist and they said artful but it seems full mastery is also viable or is it overall better? I'm just kinda confused.Gaunik3 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 When does Affliction overtake Demo? Simply as the title states. I was leveling as Demo since I thought it would be the fastest. I switched to Affliction because I've been told it's the best high-end dps spec for Warlocks and I wanted to start getting a sense and feel for the spec/rotation. However my dps dropped enough to the point where I switched back to Demo for now. So the question is, at what point does Affliction dps overtake Demo dps as far as leveling goes?Thranela17 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Xmog question Hello, Let me start by saying I like my xmog but feel as though I'm missing something. Anyone have a new head piece and belt suggestion? Maybe bracers and back piece as well. Thanks for your help in advance!Nephthysa1 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Warlock enjoyment Ive noticed that in recent months im just really not enjoying my lock anymore. I want to play him because hes my first toon and i have a lot on him but its a drag to play. anyone else feel like this?Seleina32 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 How hard are we getting hit? Looking through everything , patch notes , tier bonuses , other classes and etc. it seems to me like we will still be top 5 dps , the 5% nerf to Sacrifice is pretty big but still manageable , the part that concerns me the most is that our 2 and 4 set piece bonuses are garbage compared to other classes? Thoughts? http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96728Zumor11 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Curse of Recklessness Can we have it back, please?Annostrasz6 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Quick question about PvP So grinded out 1800 as crappy shadowplay with a demo lock, wondering if 1802 is good enough for rival? melee cleaves own us so don't really want to que if we don't need to to get it. Tried looking around for calculators and such and I understand its top 10 percent get rival, but what I don't understand is whether or not that only factors the top 2000 teams shown on wow or all teams. If its the top 2000 teams were still not in range and that scares me! >< Warriors hurt. That is allDemonnos2 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 CON LOS TERRORISTAS! /dance its all about the purple spandexBigdooker1 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Ritual of Doom I didn't play back when this was a spell, but why in the hell was it taken out? If I had this spell to play with, demons that actually make people scared, and other questlines I feel like this class would feel so very special. I mean, the Doom/Terrorguards are crazy strong, there should be an element of unpredictability to them and I feel like summoning them should have to be premeditated and risky. Not to mention... warlock roulette. Rofl. Why is this gone?!????Gondolin10 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 5.1 pvp specs.. Hi guys, this is my first xpac as lock in pvp atleast... I started out destro, and loved it and was doing really good, after 5.1 destro fell off a little bit. i switched to demo to try it out, i like it pre 90 but the damage unless you're in metamorphasis ( prolly spelled wrong) is weak :/ maybe im doing something wrong i guess my question is what spec is most viable now-a-days, starting to see more aff locks in bgs but i doubt thats the most viable spec. Any help would be great, thanks for your time.Keylimelol38 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Destro/afflic PvP itemization I've noticed locks going crit>>>mastery/haste but since chaos bolt auto-crits shouldn't crit be last with haste/mastery as stronger stats? I'm fairly new to level 90 so honestly not sure how to itemize for either spec.Gnomgnamstyl3 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Why am I hitting so low? Demonology Lock Okay so ive just hit 90 on my warlock. My warlock has always hit pretty low and I feel like from level 80 and so on I am still hitting the same. I'm lucky if i hit 30,000 on average like 27,000 just really bad. My level 82 druid hits 30,000. It's very frustrating. With my gear I focus on critical strike rating and mastery, also haste. Any tips? I am a demonology lock. Thanks for all the help! Also, when it comes to dungeons I always get yelled at because my DPS is very bad because I dont hit much...Sereana9 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Dear Masters of the Dark Arts: Help! Hello, I've been pretty much exclusively demo for a while now, and have done 2 weeks of LFR thus far. I really enjoy demo, thinks it's a lot of fun, and thinking I may go into normal raiding soon. I am, however, having some issues, and wanted to know if you could offer help and advice 1) GCD and Collision I seem to be constantly be wanting to hit something, but can't. Good examples of this are wanting to refresh doom, but meta is on cd. OR, I hit DS, IS, meta, begin spamming, and notice I need to refresh HoG. So, I go into caster form, hit it, and now I'm stuck out of meta . . . so I should have just left the HoG? I believe I know and follow the priority system correctly, but I seem to be always wanting to hit spells when they are either on gcd as well. I find myself constantly waiting for the GCD to end. I feel I need to a cd button just for the GCD! 2) Life Tap Is the idea to spam life tap when I'm low on mana, or to use it every once in a while? Should I use it at a particular number, like 60%? Right now, I am doing 1 of two things: spamming it followed by a healtstone, or, I look for those times the healer is healing me (read overhealing), and then I spam it and watch as the healer continues to heal me (I think I'm secretly tricking them). At any rate, I don't think either one of these strategies are very good and I would seriously love some help here. 3) Curse Can bosses and mobs remove this from themselves? I swear I would apply this one some bosses in LFR and it just seemed to disappear after a few seconds. Also, if there are several locks in an lfr, why do I seem to be the only one applying it . . . . 4) How's demo looking for 5.2? I know aff is currently stronger, but I sense things are going to kinda get "refresh" come 5.2, so sticking to demo for now cause I really do love the one-one army feel and shapeshifting is a blast. Much thanks and may your days continue to be dark and fruitful!Renttispark8 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 PvP-Related Glyphs I've been having quite alot with destruction in the arenas lately but something feels just a tad off. I believe a few simple glyphs would solve warlocks pvp woes quite nicely. An example: Glyph of Unending Resolve Reduces the cooldown of your Unending Resolve by one minute thirty seconds, but also reduces the damage prevented by 20%. it seems like a fair trade for a couple more chaos bolts every minute. Any more suggestions for lock tweaks that wouldn't require core class changes?Mórathon1 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Wasting time casting corruption So I was reminiscing about the climb to 60 last night, and I remembered the horror of casting corruption. Upon first rolling my Warlock, I decided that I wanted soul link, and as soon as I hit level 50, I got it. It wasn't until 55 that I managed to get Imp. Corr. In retrospect, I have no idea how I went 54 levels hard-casting corruption, but it's scary to think about how much time I wasted casting that spell. Anyone else care to share horror stories?Annostrasz5 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Shadow Embrace When it comes to pvp as affliction, all of us know that our DoTs tick for nothing unless you use your Dark Soul + Trinket, and we can only put up some pressure with Malefic Grasp. I was just wondering, where did our Shadow Embrace buff go? That little buff every time we got a shadow bolt or a haunt off; helped a lot in some pvp situations when you have to kite and keep up those DoTs with increased damage. I would like to make a suggestion to bring Shadow Embrace back every time we manage to get a full Malefic Grasp and maybe a Haunt off on our target. Affliction is supposed to be a pure DoT class and many of us leveled to play specifically this spec, unfortunately that's not how this spec is working right now.Sórcerer6 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 The Warlock So I've been playing a warlock off and on since the end of vanilla. The class has changed so much in that time and is absolutely unrecognizable for me playing one now. Shadowbolt used to be our bread and butter for various specs. Its a good thing that the class has changed and I understand the fact that there are a lot of bad warlocks now. The rotations for each spec are a lot different and you have to spend time reading guides and such on what is the best rotation for each spec. I really like the new tanking glyph and I think its a positive step to draw ppl to the class. We've received multiple abilities to mitigate and prevent damage. It appears to me that a tanking warlock is the next step in light of all the changes to the class. Reading the forums there have been a lot of warlocks who have taken this glyph seriously. I believe in a patch down the road blizzard should consider making a viable tank spec for warlocks and let us que as tank for 5 mans/heroics. The game needs more tanks, the ques for 5 mans as dps can still be fairly long especially during off peak play-time hours. I don't think warlocks should replace raid tanks though. High end raid tanks have always and should always be a warrior. Thoughts?Onivex52 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Demonic Circle Range? I've been thinking about this, and after a few lost duels because of having to walk a few feet to get in range of my portal after kiting, I thought it would be a good idea to increase the range of the Demonic Circle Teleport to match that of the Demonic Gateway. Thoughts?Jethraz6 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Demon Training Glyph Will it work with the Wrathguard? Purple Spandex for life!Bigdooker0 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 Why am I hitting so low? Okay so ive just hit 90 on my warlock. My warlock has always hit pretty low and I feel like from level 80 and so on I am still hitting the same. I'm lucky if i hit 30,000 on average like 27,000 just really bad. My level 82 druid hits 30,000. It's very frustrating. With my gear I focus on critical strike rating and mastery, also haste. Any tips? I am a demonology lock. Thanks for all the help! Also, when it comes to dungeons I always get yelled at because my DPS is very bad because I dont hit much...Sereana4 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 time to reroll mage yet? sure seems like the last few patches mages have been the top pve dmg going back to ds, not sure if they were good in FL cuz our mage was bad, but i know mages were good on alysrazor back in DS i considered rerolling a mage, bc the only way i could beat a fire mage was if i used a pre-pull gear swap with demo and chalice. seems really ridiculous to have to do that just to match a mages dmg... then mop they are top again... so, when we see the dps tuning numbers next week, and we see that 1 or 2 of the mage specs are at the top, do we finally give up and reroll an OP mage? dont get me wrong: affliction is a close second to arcane, but thats just it... SECONDSistumsgo10 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 "I wonder, will she find out.... "...About the other, other lover. " Void Ray. :)Bonehead1 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 warlock tier set Got a question which warlock tier gives you the wings when you jump. Also which raid do i have to do to get it so i can transmog it?Caritta5 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 19, 2013 An Attempt to Improve Warlock PvP Fellow Warlocks, (Background. If you know it, skip down a few paragraphs.) As many of you know, we are far from the grandeur we experienced during the ages of Cataclysm and Wrath of the Lich King. We used to be a class that others would fear, even avoid a confrontation with. But things have changed (Some things, for the better). One major difference we now face is the loss of our passive mitigation. In the past, we were blessed with a 20% (or 25%) damage reduction, through passing that damage onto our pets. On top of that, we received the bonus of one of two armors. One (Fel Armor?) gave us passive healing, coupled with some extra spellpower (iirc), while the other (Demon Armor?) gave us higher heath generation from spells, along with more armor (again, iirc). In the 5.2 we shall see a 10% damage reduction tacked onto our passive buff, along with a passive 10% healing increase. No extra armor, no spellpower or healing on damage, and far from the mitigation we used to have. Where did the survivability go? The simple answer is into once class wide ability (NOTE: not taking talents into consideration - some a cooldowns while others are passive) called Unending Resolve. This three minute cooldown is the answer to the loss of up to 15% mitigation from all damage, and a potential loss of passive healing / passive armor bonus. Furthermore - the game itself has changed. It is no longer based around long term death matches - but on a train wreck of cooldowns and damage spikes. While many other classes were introduced with new tools to survive this onslaught, some were simply left in the dark (for example, warlocks). Instead of simply giving an extra tool to combat this change - the very nature of warlocks for the last several years was changed - and our passive "tank-like" playstyle was gutted. -----------(CONTENT)----------- So we are now faced with a question. How can we help warlocks survive in the current state of the game? The talent "Archimonde's Vengeance" caught my eye. How evil can we get? Returning damage taken back to the attacker? Perfect. But it needs improvement. What about a new passive (new name or same one) that had this effect, but with another side effect, such as damage reduction? This would address two issues we face in the current game - our obvious lack of passive mitigation, and the ability for melee classes to sit on us for most of a match. Although the latter wouldn't be touched as much (being a mere 5% damage return, which after pvp power / pvp resilience levels would likely come out closer to 3.5-4% returned) it would provide a small punishment for tunneling a warlock. For example, the spell could look like this: Archimonde's Vengeance (passive) Reduces damage taken by 10%, and reflects 5% back at the attacker. Of course AV would need a suitable replacement, but as is I would hazard a guess that no one takes it to begin with, simply because it's so lackluster. Given that the rest of that tier strikes me as a QoL tier (larger aoe radius, casting while moving) a 5% damage return seems out of place. Edit: AV replacement ideas. Archimonde’s Cruelty 1) Your (spec specific spell) has a reduced cast time, but a 10 second cooldown. In addition, your drain life spell is now instant, but has a 15 second cooldown. Destruction: Chaos Bolt cast time reduced by 50%, 10 second cooldown added. Affliction: Haunt cast time reduced by 50%, 10 second cooldown added. Demonology: Soul Fire cast time reduced by 50%. Requires 2 “Molten Core” procs instead of 1. Generates fury as if two Soul Fires were cast. 2) Cast time, mana cost and damage of all direct damage spells reduced by 25%. 3) (Remove Chaotic Energy as a baseline ability from destruction. Adjust mana costs accordingly.) You are empowered by chaotic energy, increasing mana regeneration rate by 625%. Effect is increased by spell haste. Replaces Life Tap. Again, these are all ideas. I have no idea what affect they would have on balance, and as a result would have to be tweaked to ensure a sense of balance. So I'll end this with a question. What do you think? Would an ability like this be a step in the right direction, or would it have much of an impact? Yours in the dark arts, GarretteagleGarretteagle16 Feb 19, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Sacrificial Pact macro anyone know a good sac macro? my current one is : /cast Sacrificial Pact /cast soulburn /cast Summon Voidwalker but it doesnt absorb as much as it can, meaning i could use the voids special ability to increase its max health to increase the absorb by pact, also i feel when u macro insta summon and sac pet u get half the absorb you should be getting for ex when i use this macro i get a 2.4k health but if i summon the void manually and use pact i get 4.3k.... need help guys :(Kissofjudas3 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Destro gem question. Hello guys and gals. I finally decided to stick to Destro and was wondering how gemming works with Desto. What I mean is, do I always want to just do int + secondary stat gems with pure int in red slots or do I do pure secondary stats (minus pure int) gems with hit + secondary for blue slots?Renryuu3 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Low level hit% is weird. I Started this character recently and I have been having fun most of the time. My problem is that I have a 6% miss chance on a target of my level (10), and for a level 13 target my miss chance is 15%. I understand the difference of melee hit vs. caster hit, but this seems like a steep curve in comparison. I was curious so I went to look for a talent like some other casters have. Here is one example- Elemental Precision Requires Shaman (Elemental) Requires level 10 Grants Hit equal to any Spirit gained from items or effects. Unfortunately I found nothing for Warlocks, so my question is do I just keep grinding until I am at a level that permits me to wear +hit gear?Gnarka7 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 So I tried affliction PvP I don't know if it was a fluke but I was killing fools so fast. Why is aff not used more for pvp?Threechainz30 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 5.2 premier spec for pve. I haven't had a chance to look over pages on this forum to see if this is already a topic. And I know they're trying to "balance" affliction for 5.2. But I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to play PTR extensively and knows what the premier spec is going to be on majority of fights.Loot4 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Mage vs Warlock I play a mage fire spec, I'm not sure what to do when dueling a warlock, could someone help me out mainly how to open? I usually dragon's breath pet and warlock, poly the lock and steal buffs. I'm not sure what to watch out for, i can get the lock down 30% health, then it's constant fear and sleep to death even past my block and trinket. Any help id appreciate it.Hottnfrosty7 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Destruction Stat Priority? I'm so confused now it's not funny. MMO-Champion, Noxxic, etc. all have different priorities for the spec, so I have no idea which one to follow. :S Is there a set priority to go with for destro? When I asked other locks, seems like the most common one suggested was: INT > Hit to 15% > Mastery > Crit > Haste Is there a haste breakpoint to aim for? Ugh. I'm usually fine with this, but the lack of a decent guide really screws over people trying to figure this stuff out.Bitsi10 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Fire and Brimstone Kind of a pain to use, have an idea for it My idea is to make the cost count towards the amount of casts it affects~ 1 Ember - consumes and grants F&B 1 cast 2 Ember - consumes and grants F&B 2 cast 3 Ember - consumes and grants F&B 3 cast You would keep the red/orange aura for the duration(3 casts at 3 embers) I don't see any drawbacks for it, maybe it could work as a glyph as well.. ~ Thoughts?Mouse10 Feb 18, 2013