Warlock

Feb 18, 2013 What am I doing wrong with Demo for PvP? So I've been playing Demo for PvP since I hit 90 and I've loved it the whole time. I did 2s with a rogue and we were killing it. I ended up making a new team with a DK and I don't know why but we are terrible. I feel like I can't kill anybody with Demo anymore. Yes I have a good amount of survivability but DPS is just so low. What are some peoples opener for Demo? I blow CDs and summon a second demon (service) and summon imp army. I put up corr and doom and use both charges of Hand. After that I'm basically SoL except for Fel Flame or standing and trying to cast Soul Fire (lol). Does anyone have any videos or strictly PvP guides that talk about rotos? I just feel compared to other classes our DPS is a complete joke. Is Affliction good for pvp at all? I know it's good for certain 3s comps but what about for 2s? Is it only good in 2s with a spriest?Threechainz19 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Struggling.. Perhaps it's because I'm a low level and none of the guides help me so much. Or Perhaps I'm an idiot. Either way, I don't care. All I want, is to start being competitive in DPS and really understand my class before I hit 90 and go "WAIT, did I learn NOTHING while leveling?" I'd like you guys to look at my current talent builds for each spec and let me know why I want to choose something else and what kinds of rotations I'm looking for in PvE, and while in PvP do the same general thing? Or have other buttons with really fast hotkeys because they're more useful in PvP? Please, I'm just looking for general help to get on and stay on the right track before this si too late to mess up. NOTE: I never took this class to be an easy one. Trust me.. I'm no fool, I know the Warlock is tough to play well. That's why I chose it.Volzgarol6 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Orc racial question blood fury When you pop blood fury does it affect dots already on targets or only dots you apply after you pop it?Killingflow9 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Name our pets? we should be allowed to name our pets.Tallik6 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Destro should be renamed into Blood Mage. Since that basically what a destruction warlock is..... http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_mageDarmonic0 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Why are warlocks bad? This is a serious topic. I want to know, so I don't level this toon to 90.Dolphinpunch10 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 PVP help Please forgive my ignorance but I started to play battlegrounds and I like it but my warlock is a bit squishy so any help would be nice. I'm looking at the legacy pvp gear and see brutal gladiator dreadgear and felshroud. Which set should I get and what accessories? Thanks for any help.Nellitta2 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Curse of Elements When doing LFR with other Locks in the group.. I notice that my Curse of Elements gets taken off the target. Assuming it happens when the other lock casts theres. Anyone else noticed this? I often re cast it ... only to see it dissapear again well before its due to expire. Sometimes within 5 seconds of casting it. With me not having my CoE on target.. does it effect My DPS... and why does this happen?Cykoryn13 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Warlock Green Fire Questline Guide (Videos) I gathered all the quests text, in-game dialogues, and videos of the entire Warlock Green Fire questline. (PTR 5.2) http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/patch-5-2-warlock-green-fire-spells-epic-quest-the-codex-of-xerrath Disclaimer: My main class is a Holy Paladin. I don't know how to play a Warlock. This was done as a guide and preview of the Warlock questline. This pre-made Warlock character was wearing Item Level 493 PvP gear (Tyrannical Gladiator set). Note: Some videos are missing. I'm still uploading the scenario videos. Keep checking later, and join our YouTube channel.Blizzplanet0 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Primer: Destruction Specialization Or, Primer of the Black Harvest: New Hotness Hello initiates of the dark arts, and welcome to the fourth thread to explore and expose the lesser known abilities, synergies, and effects our class will have in the Mists of Pandaria expansion. For a complete listing of the various Primer guides, check out the Compilation thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490539814 This will be the first of three threads focusing on our class specializations, and I’ll be starting off with Destruction. Of our three specs, Destruction has seen the most radical changes. Not only is Destruction completely different from it’s Cata incarnation, but it’s also a completely new type of caster. Yet, it’s widely reviled by most of the Warlock community because it’s believed to be simultaneously too easy to play and too hard to use. Obviously, I don’t prescribe to that opinion, and if hope to teach you anything in these threads it’s that the surface is only a part of this game, and it’s a bad idea to underestimate Warlocks.Fallensaint33 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 I think 5.3 will be good for Locks. As we are currently sharing bottom-of-the-barrel status in PvP with Rogues and Monks, yet are the only of the 3 not getting incredible buffs 5.2, I think an entire patch of being solidly at the bottom will yield positive results in the buff department come 5.3. Some possible changes I have been thinking about: Blood Talent Tier - Was an interesting idea, more powerful spells than other classes would get at the cost of life, but ended up costing too much life for spells that are inferior to other classes. Perhaps it is just time to axe the health costs. Spell Lock becoming baseline for all Locks. Fel Hunter/Observer get a tremor totem ability instead. Lock Circle needs more spontaneity to it. To be able to place it where we need to on the go would help a ton when Melee are running a PvE rotation on us. Being able to cast it at a target location within 40 yards would be a good Glyph effect. Gateway being a 1.5 second cast. Time until 1st charge appears increased by 3.5 seconds. We can't even get it out for most fights. Oh yeah, and fixing the pathing errors. If it won't let me finish the cast, don't let me start it in the first place.Methalos4 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Leveling with Glyph of Demon Hunting? So I just hit level 30 and got Dual-spec. Decided to try out Demonology with Glyph of Demon Hunting. Loving being a tanky warlock, but I feel like I'm not doing something right. Right now while questing I am doing the following: Leap to target>Corruption>Hand of Gul'dan>Demonic Slash x3> Soul Fire or Drain Life to finish the mob off. I'm staying in the Dark Apotheosis stance 100% of the time and I'm not sure if this is correct or if I should be switching to Demon Form when I'm capped out on Demonic Fury Also I'm using my Succubus as a pet since I'm tanking the mobs myself. Thanks in advance for your help!Felwaffle7 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 Demo needs a BUFF Changing forms from Dark Apotheosis to Metamorphosis shouldn't bring your demonic fury back to 20. Our Demonic fury shouldn't decrease unless the warlock uses those specific demonic fury consuming abilities and/or spells.Hsx21 Feb 18, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Warlock Destro PvP Gemming 5.1 & 5.2 So I have seen different locks gem into solely PvP Power, PvP Resil, Crit, or Mastery. From personal experience or from the best option which is better? I'm torn on what to choose and so far I've gemmed PvP power and Crit, but I don't know if I would fair better gemming 320 PvP power for example. Also, mastery might be viable in 5.2 since ember tap is increased w/ new glyph and if you use GoS + Soul link for hp buff. What do you guys think?(This is all assuming hit cap is reached) *Also do you guys reforge into Mastery or Crit?Warramses0 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Spec for PVE Hey guys, fresh level 90 warlock here. I was searching around the forums and on Noxxic and found out that demo and/or affliction are the way to go for Warlocks in PVE. I tested out all 3 specs and i have found out that Destruction has done far more DPS then the other two. I am just curious on what you guys think the best PVE spec is. I might be doing the wrong rotations for the other specs as well. Just wanted to get your guys thoughts. Thanks.Madalon5 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 quick pvp question Hi, returning player from vanilla, I haven't played in years so pretty much learning the classes all over again. I rolled a warlock and have been having great fun in the BGs. I find I can hold my own with a demo spec, often get in top 3 for damage and killing blows. Anyway my question is, do other classes have abilities/spells that are specifically designed to dominate warlocks? For example, are there spells that do extra damage to demons? The reason I ask is because sometimes I'm in demon form and all of a sudden I will get annihilated really quickly from range. I notice this happen sometimes when there is an enemy priest around, but I try and check my combat log and there is too much bs for any logical explanation. Thanks all for your help.Sykocis3 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Question about gear Hey guys, I'm at a loss about which one of these two pieces is better to have equipped and I suck at math so I figured I would as here and see what the experts think. Currently I have Lo'shan equipped in my main hand with the legendary gem in it. Its the raidfinder version of the weapon but I have upgraded it twice. Last night my guild killed Elite Protectors and I got the Elite version of the crackling dagger. It seems to me I'm probably better off with Lo'shan equipped because of the INT from the gem and the fact that I havent even gotten the extra gem slot yet from the legendary chain. But, someone else told me that the elite dagger was better for me. I'm at a loss here as to which is better, your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!Entropix2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 [Suggestion] Warlock Questchain - Fel Eyes So, I just got through the new (and, in my opinion, awesome) Warlock questline, which in the end you finally get the option to have the passive The Codex of Xeroth, the one that actually makes your fire green. But I thought, "Ok, I now have fel energy coarsing through my body. And the only thing that changes is that my fire spells are now green?". Of course that by itself is already great, by no means I'm saying it isn't. But I imagined how easy it would be to add to that very passive the additional effect of having green fiery glowing eyes. And by "fiery" I mean really fiery, something simple, but distinct from the simple glowing green eyes of the blood elves (the very source of my line of thought, at least the one that is included in-game). So, that is a mere suggestion, but I would like not only that a blue read this and maybe passed the idea for the guys above, but also to know what the rest of the Warlock community thinks of that. Would you like having the option to, after doing a long and epic questline, get burning green eyes along with green fire, or do you feel like that would be too much? Share your opinions! PS: If someone else already talked about that idea extensively somewhere else that I couldn't find, please post the link to that topic on a comment so that we can all go there and check it out. PS²: If a blue sees that one, please erase the following topic I posted in the wrong place: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7924372764 . Thanks in advance.Analegon10 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Nerf warlocks They injured 500 people with the inferno in russiaDrphilkiller15 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Best spec to level through Pandaria? Which is the quickest spec for leveling 85-90? :DBarthuzad0 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 why do you even bother still? I have played 2200 in arena every season, even on the !@#$ battlegroup of retaliation where KFC is plentiful. I hate playing my warlock in arena, we have to set up everything for no reward at all. lolfear. sorry im going to dispell that, then im going to become immune, then ill drop this totem, then ill do this, and ill do that. and never be in fear longer then 3 seconds. Warlocks not fun in arena, only reason i played it was to have fun. the fun aspect has died a lot, i loved to play this class due to infernal being able to unenslave, same with doomguard. just felt evil. So why do you even bother still veteran warlocks and non? and please don't say greenfire because it really isn't that big of a deal, id rather have my old class quests back then be like ohlol im burning green.Musen23 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 5.2 warlock changes I noticed the Grimore of Sacrifice change and a few other changes to warlocks , i don't think this is gonna effect us too much probably still will be top 5 dps but another thing is that currently Grimore of Supremacy isn't too bad do you guys this we will swap over to that when 5.2 hits?Paidcriminal4 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Why am I pulling more as Destro? Hey all! As the title suggests, I'm having a bit of an issue. Everything I have read suggests that Affliction > Demonology > Destro. If that is wrong, someone stop me now! Despite that, though, I am easily pulling a bit more as destruction. When I am demo, I feel like I am working "harder" and still pulling lower DPS. It is kind of frustrating. I am very new to warlocks, so I am hoping I am making a mistake I can fix! Is Destro better as lower gear levels? My gear is quite bad, so I guess that'd make sense. If anyone has any idea why I am seeing these results, or what I can do to improve, It'd be greatly appreciated!Felorin16 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Warlock Demo threat generation need help I've run two 90 MoP dungeons today. I go as a Demo warlock. I've got Dark Apothesis on and I use the Wrathguard. On my first dungeon, the tank complained that I was pulling too much aggro and to turn off my pet's taunt. I've played a demo warlock for about three years so far and I've never had an issue with aggro unless I was severely overgeared. I've never had to turn off my felguard/wrathguard's aggro before. In my second dungeon, I turned off the threatening presence. Even though the tank said that it was still on, I was told not only to come out of dark apothesis, but to put out my imp. It didn't really matter, since I only casted Corruption before the tank wiped us all. My question is, should I just use a different demon in dungeons? Should I stay in Dark Apothesis? What am I doing wrong?Valjeàn3 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Kil'jaden cunning Kil'jaeden cunning seems to be far more appealing than the other lvl 90 talents for pvp and I am guessing it is pretty useful against certain pve bosses. So my question is this do you feel like it should become replaced and become a baseline ability? I don't know what percentage of locks take it but if I had to guess which one is most popular I would not even hesitate to guess Kil'jaeden's cunning. It is not an unfair ability in pvp, so I don't see any real reason it can't become a baseline 90 ability. Is there any reason it should not become a baseline ability? And if it does become baseline what you like to see replace it?Loleia18 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Fun Idea for Locks Hey guys been playing a warlock for quite a while and see plenty of videos of people soloing old content, I have a new idea, well I am sure some people may have tried this I know that Death Knights have done it but anyways I am looking for 9 other warlocks to try and beat any raid boss possible in a group made up of entirely warlocks, what bosses do you think are possible? any current content? We could fraps the entire event and become famous on youtube. Please comment with your thoughts, opinions, or suggestions. Feel free to add me real ID riverjorge420@yahoo.com if you want to discuss actually forming a group and attempting some content and taking video footage of it, think this would be a fun side activity and a great new way to have some fun with our class we all love so much!Felrain13 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Leveling a lock? I am thinking of leveling a Warlock. I don't play all that much anymore, but I feel like Arms DPS blows. Want to try something different. How are locks these days? Are they fun to play? Good at PvE? PvP? I realize its a fairly generic question.. just wondering what you all think.Maynge2 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 17, 2013 Blizz can put a pink tutu on my Felguard.... ...and I will still love that big ole' lug! :)Bonehead4 Feb 17, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Havoc and BF/Fear According to the tool tip I can cast any "single target spell" at both targets up to 3 times or a single CB. I've been trying to use this more for CC lately though than for damage and while I'm positive that Mortal Coil is working on both targets, I don't think that BF is. Testing it in BGs is always a problem but I was hoping someone could clarify that it does/doesn't work or if it even works with regular fear. Thanks in advance, BrymBrym7 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Spell Enhancement Calculation I have a question about when, exactly, crit strike gets calculated for your spells generally, and in particular Chaos Bolt. I've tried looking this up to no avail, though perhaps I'm not using the correct search terms. I know way back in the day, crit chance was calculated at the point at which you started casting. So that if you cast a spell with a 2 second cast time, with a crit buff that will wear off mid-cast after 1 second (mid-cast), you'd still get the benefit of the buff at the end of the cast. I've been operating under that assumption, but recently I'm not too sure that's true, especially for Chaos Bolt. After testing on dummies with Dark Soul: Instability, I've noticed that my Chaos Bolts do not get the benefit of the buff if it wears off mid-cast. If this is correct, I must admit I rather dislike this. I assume that stacking crit strike procs for use on a string of chaos bolts (for example popping Dark Soul when Jade Spirit and other trinkets proc while you have 3 or more burning embers) is ideal (if I'm wrong please correct me). In any event, it seems like it'd be easier and better to be able to calculate, right at the start of your cast, whether or not it will have the benefit of the buff. Thoughts?Palantir1 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 General PvP questions Hey guys! I'm returning from a short hiatus from the game and I plan on rerolling as a Warlock. However, for almost all of my WoW career I have played a melee based class whether it be Warrior or Death Knight. My question for you guys is how should I be setting myself up for pvp? 1) Keybind A and D to strafe or do you want the keyboard turn? 2) How do I perform spell jukes successfully? 3) Are all of the lock CCs on the same DR? 4) And finally, which spec should I be running or are they all viable for Arena/RBGs? Thanks in advance.Offworldvi8 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 BOA's So right now i'm using BoA's with my lvl 35 druid and 18 warlock. Is there a point were I should stop using BoA'a because I know that Blizz changed it up to where you need your total level higher to get into dungeons than gear score, and BoA's always stay item level 1.Rorben5 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 I want to play a good DoT class I have a warlock at 87 I find it fun and will level it to 90 some day but I also have this 77 priest that I like... Which would be a better dot class? I keep hearing afflic is poor in pvp and thats what I would mainly do.Shambambam4 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Warlock Tier 7 Talents - lvl95 Feel free to add suggestions and ideas, just a fun thread talking about possibilites. So far we have: Tier 1 - Healing Tier 2 - CC Tier 3 - Defensive Tier 4 - Suicide Tier 5 - Demons Tier 6 - Situational Perks so I think next could be: Tier 7 - Resource Generation Fel Empowerment - 30 Sec. CD Grants one Soul Shard, Burning Ember, 250 Demonic Fury immediately, and after 10 seconds another Soul Shard, Burning Ember, 250 Demonic Fury. The Dark Arts - Passive Affliction - Nightfall will proc twice as often. Demonology - Spells and Abilities of the Master and Demon generate twice as much Fury. Destro - Ember Generating Spells generate twice as many Embers. Volatile Magiks - Passive Abilities that consume resources have a chance to not consume them when used.Methalos3 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Which spec - PVE Hey guys, I'm starting to just level a warlock alt and I like the class but I'm just curious as to what is a good leveling spec or what is the funnest or the highest dps. I'm interested in what you guys think, but if you do choose a spec, I'd like to know why you think it is (ie, fun rotation, highest dps, greatest survivability/good leveling, etc)Magazin7 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Seeing demon abilities on pet bar. I'm wanting to be able to see and mess around with different pet abilities on my pet bar. I'm leveling, so I don't currently use Sacrifice. I'm using Supremacy for a good pocket tank (the blueberry). Specifically, I'm wanting to use it to taunt targets specifically that are out of its range and freecasting at me, but I can't find a way to turn that on on my pet bar. I just have its stances, and attack/follow/move to. I'm using Bartender4 currently. Is there an issue with it not showing pet abilities? If not, any way to turn this on? Or am I just going to have to use the Attack command only?Aeleas2 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 KJC + Demonic Circle? Why can't i cast DC whilst moving if I've chosen KJC as a talent?Fannyflasher7 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Warlocks tips,tricks and macro Compedium Warlocks tips and tricks Compedium Demonology: I burst and then I tank. Demonology Warlocks are now one of the funnest specializations to tamper with. From jumping massive leaps to form twisting and survivability. (We are the new PvP Tank). Here are some things you should know about Demonology Warlocks! ... Tips and tricks! +All imps/Guardians/Infernals are affected by mastery (Dark Soul:Knowledge is great) +You can use Demonic leap to cross rivers and quickly escape battles. You may also leap - they follow you, Demonic Circle: Teleport and leap the opposite direction to make a clean escape. +Sacrifing your pet gives you 20% more hp when you also have the soul link talent. +All warlocks heals are % based. +Spamming hand of guldan and demonic lash should allow you to keep up a constant shield every 10 seconds in Dark Apotheosis +Unbound will also removes magic effects, I would rather remove combustion and sacrifice 20% hp then leave it up! +Using rocket boots and jumping off a ledge with demonic leap does put you right back on that ledge +Dark Apotheosis turns your fear into a sleep affect that you can damage through! +Using a 2hander turns your Dark Apotheosis attacks into a stab, using a wand turns it into a shadowbolt melee cleave +Using Demonic leap while not in a stance will put you into demon form +Switching into a demonic stance and using an aura will affect all nearby enemies, you can also switch out of this stance keeping the aura for the duration of the remaining duration. +Infernal summon, chaos wave, Hellfire, carrion swarm are all affected by mammoroths fury and it's 500% increase to range. +Sacrificing a pet will allow you to gain 1 move from the respective pet. Imp:Dispell Voidwalker: 30% hp 30 second last stand. (health increase) succubes: charm(channeled) felhunter: silence felguard: charge +Using the voidwalker ability and adding a 30% increase to your health also increases the amount your healing spells heal you since it's all % based. +Unending resolve also reduces the damage taken from Dark Bargain. +Using glyph of falling meteor you will not die when you get sent or fall into the abyss. +The only way to escape falling endlessly when you fall into outland abyss is to que for a dungeon. +When you kill a player or NPC in demon form you gain back demonic fury. +The improved fel hunter pet doesn't dispell the buff, it steals it. Mages can steal this back. +Your imp has a mass dispel when out. Usefull Macro's for warlocks! +Casts haunt, uses devour magic if it's up and makes your pet attack your current target. #showtooltip Haunt /cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Haunt; Haunt; /cast Devour Magic(Special Ability) /petattack +Attack your target or your focus, shift modified #showtooltip Shadow Bolt /cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Shadow Bolt; Shadow Bolt +All in one pet special ability macro's /cast [nomod] Optical Blast(Special Ability) /cast [nomod] Axe Toss(Special Ability) /cast [nomod] Whiplash(Special Ability) /cast [nomod] Cauterize Master(Special Ability) /cast [nomod] Shadow Bulwark(Special Ability) +A mouseover macro example, great for fel flame! #showtooltip Fel Flame /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Fel Flame; Fel Flame + metamorphosis, pvp trinket, dark soul and engineering gloves all wrapped into 1! Ready to kill fast? #showtooltip Metamorphosis /cast Metamorphosis /cast Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Dominance /cast Dark Soul: Knowledge /cast Cataclysmic Gladiator's Felweave Handguards +Health stone and dark regeneration /cast Dark Regeneration /cast Healthstone +Several spells in 1 macro! Use control as a modifier. #showtooltip /cast [form:0, nomod] Life Tap /cast [form:0, mod:ctrl] Command Demon /cast [form:1, nomod] Carrion Swarm /cast [form:1, mod:ctrl] Dark Soul: Knowledge I will add more upon finding more! Hopefully this helps a few people. ... ... ... ... Shameless plug, 2400+ experience warlock ^^: www.twitch.tv/HTOMarioGnomemind42 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Allow us to change demon name without random I want to see warlocks be allowed to rename demons without having to keep random generating it. In light of the talent changes in 5.0.4, if you take the Fel Imp option then you loose your demon's name to a new one. I had Adapap as my Imp's name since release (Nov 2004) and became attached to it. I took the fel imp and still had Adapap until I zoned into a dungeon then suddenly he's gone and Fiz'tok was in his place. I want the ability to change his name without randomizing through a giant list back to his original name. After talking to a GM this morning, there is no function they have nor anything in game like the hunter's have for changing the pet names. As of right now, hunters merely have to visit a friendly scribe to obtain a Certificate of Ownership to change the name. Warlocks can visit their trainer but must randomize the name. I fully understand the desire to keep demonized names so a compromise could be to allow picking from the list used to randomize the names.Clynn9 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Wanting in game advice for Destro/Demo I have some oddball questions concerning both Demonology and Destruction. I don't really mind doing it on the forums but it is so much easier either in game or in vent/skype/mumble. If a 16/16hc player could hit me up in game any time I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to stay ahead of the game for the patch coming up and every situation possible which means playing different specs on farm content currently. I shouldn't take up to much of your time in game and maybe you might have some questions concerning affliction and want to go over parses together (sounds nerdy but I don't care). Pryda#1175 -Thanks in advancePryda4 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Fire and Brimstone Can this be a full time effect? I mean once you cast it it wont go away until you use a spell that works with it. When out of combat you dont regain a burning ember while this is activated. I also like what it does to mounts http://i.imgur.com/DMiadD4.jpgRethemal0 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 Macro for fire and brimstone Is it workable to simply macro fire and brimstome into immolation, conflag, and incinerate for AOE mobs? It is off the GCD right?Alteronr3 Feb 16, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 buff siphon life glyph, warlock survivability In previous expansions warlocks were known for their ability to tank damage with their passive damage reduction and passive/damage based healing. Now, (except the 10% damage reduction but loss of armor 'buff' proposed for 5.2) warlocks have absolutely no passive damage reduction (outside of a broken talent which causes attacking a pet[with reduced life due to the same talent] to hurt the warlock) and insignificant passive/damage based healing. In Cataclysm warlocks had a talent to convert 40% of corruption damage to healing, haunt returning life to the warlock, a strong drain life with extra strength at low hp and a small damage healing return from fel armor. Now warlocks have a weak 20% healing from corruption via siphon life glyph, reduced by battle fatigue and not buffed by pvp power. Haunt doesn't heal at all and drain life is pathetic. Yes, drain life is getting a buff via using a glyph but that's likely a waste of a glyph slot. If you decide to use drain life glyph, with UA glyph and Healthstone glyphs being essential in arenas, you will have no siphon life glyph at all(it's not even worth using right now). So what happened? Why have warlocks gone from the class with the best passive damage reduction and passive healing to the one of the worst?Ty41 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 What can we solo? Hello everyone. I have been attempting to solo some BC and Wrath raids to gather transmog gear. I feel like I should be well over-geared for these, however I have occasional trouble with trash much less the actual bosses. Do you have any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.Umbravore8 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Question about DoT Refreshes When I get a trinket proc, what's the most efficient way to reapply my dots before I haunt? SB:SS or manually reapply? When using Fel Flame, which I frequently use to extend my dots, is that the same as reapplying my dots or does it simply extend my dots with a slight explosion on the target? If it has the effect of a DoT reapplication, wouldn't that be the quickest and most efficient way to respond after a trinket proc before Haunting? - TTatters4 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 How are destro locks now a days? After getting max level with one in wotlk, I havent touched him since. I remember back then destruction was the way to go, and not only I loved it for its massive dps, but for how destro locks played out and the uniqueness of their skills. Because that warlock was alliance and now I am on a horde server, I am not going to spend the money to xfer him. Anyways, I want to level a new warlock, and would I do well leveling as destruction? What is different from wotlk (i know that was a while back)?Fatzert13 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Fear Range When mop landed fear had a 40 yard range, at some point in time it has been reverted back to a 30 yard range. When did this occur ? Thanks in advance for answer, because I have spent a lot of time looking for the answer and I cannot seem to find it.Myoda1 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 411 on The Dread Approach?... Warlock version plz? Suggestions, tips, etc. Many many thanks.Bonehead7 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Hello, Warlock Community! [New Warlock] Foreword Hello, Warlock community. After some attempts to- painfully- level the warlock class back in TBC I thought it was a good time to finally try the only caster I have not let levelled. After getting this little guy to level thirty I thought it might also be a good time to head on over to the forums, research a little then ask the opinions of this community. General Questions • Glyph Of Shadowbolt This splits the Shadowbolt spell into three spells; is it situational? • Leveling Looking through the specs I see a lot have early level improvement, especially glyphed demo; what is the 'best' current spec for leveling. • Demons Is it just me or are they weaker than before? Why is my succy so tiny now? Opinions • Talents What do you feel are the 'best choice' talents in each teir? • Leveling Has it improved at all or am I delusional? • Warlock What is your opinion on the class in general? • Tips What tips and tricks can you give a newbie warlock? Note If you actually read all of this I would ask you to reply and thank you greatly for giving me your time. ___________ "Do not flatter Fate. It did not guide you into my clutches tonight. That was all my doing."Vulnific21 Feb 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 Casting Haunt during Windsong buff Fellow 'locks I know that it is extremely important to refresh DoT's and cast haunt when I get an intellect proc from lightweave (and trinkets whenever LFR decides to be nice and give me one) however, I am unsure as to the benefit of recasting my DoT's and using haunt when I get a haste or mastery buff from my windsong enchant. I don't do it when windsong gives me crit but I'm currently doing for haste/mastery and my DPS seems to be within range of my gear level (usually between 50-60k). Any help would be awesome! ThanksZazlocke4 Feb 15, 2013