Warrior

Mar 4, 2012 Warrior Lvling spec So i dusted off this character a few weeks ago and sent over the heirlooms from my ret. now i'm not sure what to spec. I plan to quest for most of my lvling. I went arms because well it seems to be the 2-hander spec but i see fury has some healing ability.Celmi6 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 DS Weapon choices Which is better, Experimental Specimen Slicer or Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps? You'd think the clear choice is Experimental due to lack of stats on Gurthalak, BUT the equip may proc often enough to be worth it and it's little extra Strength. If I went for Gurthalak I'd have to make up the hit somewhere too so I'm torn on which is best.Colossus11 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Arms Assistance Okay i had been sticking to fury since i was comfortable with it and pulled fairly good numbers but after seeing what arms can do i decided to switch. I am not very good at stance dancing so i used bartender to get rid of all my bars, and used button forge to create my own bar and not have it switch when i switch stances. Right now i have my OP macroed to take my back to battle stance and MS macroed to take me back to Berserker. This makes stance dancing a lot easier, but i am losing ALOT of dps versus if i just stayed i battle the whole fight. i start the fight by using a shout then charging in putting rend on and using OP if it procs from that, then i switch to beserker and CS and MS. I am still not to sure what to use from here unless OP procs, and why do we wait until their is 4-5 sec left on OP to use it. Sorry i know a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.Hurado20 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Bladestorm Cancel? Macro to stop bladestorm, anyone?Quinik8 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Prot Warrior- Do they need hit/expertise? So I am working towards raiding end game content and I wasn't sure if I need to have hit rating and/or expertise. If anyone could tell me if I do need hit rating/expertise for end game content and if you do need it the caps for tanking please. Thanks.Hrdtoclickon3 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Hamstring woes. Long story short, deleted my old warrior, leveling a new one. I used to have the same trouble I'm describing now, but for some reason it seems to be more prevalent now. As you all should know, Hamstring is basically the worst snare in the game (not counting Imp. Hamstring). Melee range, no damage, only 50% (whereas other snares are 60-75%), and not an auto proc (you need to spend separate global cooldowns to use it). This means that if nearly any other class snares your target, your Hamstring disappears and if you attempt to reapply it it fails since it's a weaker snare and won't override the stronger one. I've been using Classtimer to track my Hamstring and other miscellaneous debuffs on my target since the beginning of time. If my Hamstring gets overwritten by another snare it simply disappears from the target and I can't immediately tell if it was dispelled or if it was overwritten by another ability, and then when the reapplication fails it's tough to tell in the flurry of numbers flying around if it was dodged or whatever. So the question is, does anyone know of an elegant way to track snares on your target? If my Hamstring is on the target, I want to see my timer for it, but if say a DK snares the target and it deletes my Hamstring, I want to see the duration of that snare so I can time my Hamstring to hit it right as it falls off. Turaven1 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 heroic spine 10 man so we finally killed warmaster on heroic and know were on to spine, i thought id ask if anyone here knew of any guides for prot warriors on that fight, or if any of u guys have some tips or maybe even some spec changes i should go towards thank youRavenus4 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 397 pvp weapon vs 403 Gurth I can't decide which one to take so I will be asking the forums. Cataclysmic Gladiator's Decapitator: +324 Crit Rating +324 Resilience +91~ Expertise (I am an orc) Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps +51.0 damage per second (220 high end weapon damage) +42 stamina +tentacles the tentacles have, in the past, broken CCs in arenas (hungering cold) I've been using the pvp weapon, but all of my friends ask me why I don't use the gurth.Demacia9 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Warrior/badasshoneybadger pvp This in my mind set on my warriror http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1c0_1298447524 And Blizz is the venom. Only as I want to cry and want to take a nap after playing my warrior. Have yet to see a fu or anything else from Blizz in there absence guess we have to assume what ever. So is it min play time or rolf, level up my dk from 80 to 85, dks are lame in my opion compared to my warrior. I miss my stance dancing that made warriors unique, still love my warrior and my mind set playing her. Is there anyway to motovate Blizz to post anything about warriors on the forums other than there laissez-faire / Ignore type attitude. FB Fbvalidus4 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Arms top dps Who else saw that TGN video, lulsCellphones0 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Warrior pvp survivability It sucks, yes its another qq thread but in duels which ik the game is not balanced around we cannot win, its so hard without doing everything perfectly reck bladestorm is one single big move that can be disarmed or just blinked or dashed out of. I really do enjoy warrior pvp but we need a survivability buff because honestly ghostcrawler youre judgement on warriors is horrible. Yes some skilled warriors can do well but if im getting globaled by a rogue with shield wall up then thats not good. Please just fix warriors so they arent a rollercoaster in arena seasons good in one gimped in the other... Make warriors a little op even youve done that to mages.Borrawin44 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Instant Slam... Can't wait for instant slam. I just tested how instant Slam would look like by using Inner Rage and Heroic Strike spamming (While not using any other sort of ability that uses or gives rage. heroic strike. I also specced out of Blood Frenzy for the duration of the testing period. So Imagine this is MoP, and the following Heroic Strikes are just Slams. To be spot on, i use this macro, so i could start using Heroic Strike simultaneously (Or very close to) with Inner Rage to being spamming: /Use Inner Rage /Use Heroic Strike Frequency wise, i was able to get off 5-6 Heroic Strikes depending on when my white swing went off. When my white swing came BEFORE the Heroic Strike: I got 5 Heroic Strikes before becoming completely rage starved and a white swing was pending. (Obviously in a real situation, this would be an open GCD for Mortal Stroke Rage generation or battle shout) When my white swing came immediately AFTER my Heroic Strike, i was then able to get off 6 Heroic Strikes before becoming completely rage starved. However, whenever i used Slam in it's current form. I could get 12 Slams off, despite the swing timer pause. Slam, in its current form in PVE, is occurring much more frequently than the MoP Slam will, so PVE Arms will use Slam a lot less than they'd normally like to. In PVP, with latency, Slam's cast time makes it impossible to get off on rogues/feral druids (Or even healers running away and running right through you) circling you in PVP. That being said, I say 6 Slams that actually hit is MUCH better than 3-4 slams hitting out of 12. Not to mention if you add in Deadly Calm with Recklessness (They don't share cooldown anymore in MoP it looks like), you can get in 3 free (with 50% more damage) Heroic Strikes extra all in one Colossus Smash with Avatar and your trinket up for AWESOME DAMAGE!Goliathus10 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 slam vs heroic strike arms? with t13 2 piece bonus i am not sure which is better slam? or heroic strike? has anyone done the math or anything?Wwarriorr0 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Using Rallying Cry in Raids I am one of the main tanks of a heroic 10 man guild, and recently I have been getting some flack from one of my fellow raiders for my usage of RC in our raids, so I wanted to come here and see what the rest of the warrior community thought on the subject. Basically, his perspective is that you should only use RC when people are at 2 or 3% (i.e. really low) to buy them time to be healed/ prevent that last little bit of damage from killing them. I however do not see the practicality in this. The way I see that RC should be used, is whatever ability would have brought them to his proposed 2 or 3% would in most cases just kill them instead, and thus RC should be used just before the attack to give them the health to survive it. So which is it warriors? Wait until twilight onslaught or stomp hits and then RC if someone is sub 5 or 10% so they survive any incidental damage? or pre-emptively RC beforehand to remove any risk of them not being lucky enough to be at that 5 or 10% and dying instead. Appreciate any feedback on the matter.Strobe23 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 BUFF BLADESTORM warriors need bladestorm buffed because we are only useing it to get out of slows and snarrs in pvp it terrible now wotolk bladestorm dos more then cata its sad only way bladestorm dos damage is when u pop reck with it and thats on a 5 min cdHardbone2 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 warriors need a buff warriors need 2 be buffed in general because a warrior is a non hybrid class and hybrid class and hitting harder then non hybrid classes and that makes no senseHardbone4 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Arms? TG? SMF? Which is the best at the moment for PvE?Triforce29 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 All Warrior Stat Caps I'm just now getting to the point where I need to focus on reforging things so here are my questions: What are all the stat caps I need to know about? In what order of stats are most important to get or least important? I'm currently using Arms for PvE, so I just want your opinions on this - Do you think I should keep using Arms for PvE or switch to Fury?Chäös3 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 absorb absorb absorb absorb absorb Ive never been very good at PVP, and i'm willing to accept being cc'd a lot in battlegrounds when theres a big group fighting, but ABSORB is completely demoralizing me. attack anything and and a few seconds later, i start seeing absorb. absorb absorb absorb absorb HOW IN THE HELL do you counter it? the one time i reminded myself to try a shattering throw, a mage melted my vaj with a pyroblast crit before i could get it off, and the BG ended. are we just supposed to stand there and wait? i can accept that if its the only way, but i'm hoping theres something i can do about it.Stormcat6 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 @Friday H Ultraman dead, so easy! But when I stepped out for madness, the mount dropped. My luck is pretty awesomeRush136 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Shattering Throw. This ability has NO business having a cast time or stance requirement. Doing 2's for points really has shown me how lame this ability is. Pallies either LoS me before it goes off, stuns me or their partner takes care of it. And since I'm fury I gotta stance dance to get to it and probably not end up having the rage. Then I gotta Battle Shout which has NO BUSINESS BEING ON THE GCD and by then it's too late to even matter. Something's got to give.Rockaizen19 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 This game, warriors and Me. As I sat here tonight suffering through a crushing defeat in Tol Barad, yeah I got spanked. No heals on my side of a whopping 5 people. Slapping hordes for 9k max with reck, 3 stacks of Sunders, Col smash and my trinket going then being frozen, stunned, slowed, snared, feared and drained of hp's for about 10 minutes I realize that..pvp sucks. I'm staring at my AR15 and noticing that a longer barrel would benefit me for target shoots this summer, about 400 dollars for the barrel I want. The money I waste on this game loathing pvp would maybe be better spent there and on a suppressor so I can stop buying ear plugs. Blizzard for whatever reason nerfs and buffs classes with reckless abandon. Sure I'm not Glad capable nor do I really desire to be, but come on..I cant even defend myself from a mildly skilled undergeared mage of dk anymore when I'm out mining for ore. Flag running doesnt make me happy anymore, I think mostly because of all the CC's and snares. It's insane. Sure I'm just ranting and yes even hating, but thats what these forums are for. Plus I'm bored. There are things I could learn to prolong my survival alittle bit but ultimately..why bother? PVE is getting just as lame as the PVP in my opinion, everything is so stream lined. I have done the LFR raids and cleared them, I caught the jist of the regular version..OK..now what? Needless to say I'm alittle displeased with the tempo and pace of the game, like they are just treading water till something better hits the shelves. Take this for what it is and leave comments..I need something to read as I search for cheaper AR parts.Bannanaclip11 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 @Blizzard refusing to make any PvP changes Sup forums. I just reposted a well thought out post by Warmage in general discussion, as the last thread got capped. Check it out if you are as disgusted at Blizzards ignorance of the current state of PvP as I am. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4081817523 Bloodfall8 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Artani's solo bg fraps video! Hello fellow warriors! Just thought I'd give this a try and see how it turns out. I may upload the second half of the video if I can be bothered to do so. It was kind of inspired by Bamf's video, so I thought I'd do the same :D http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=211029 http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=211057 Moderator decided it would be cool to make a typo in the second movie after it was approved. Awesome.Artani12 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Soaking Hour of Twilight I think I have an idea how to handle this mechanic from what I've read, but I want to make sure I have the proper grasp of it. I ran into Ultraxion for the first time last night with an alt group. Neither tanks had much experience, and were getting a feel for dealing with Hour of Twilight for the first time. Our group is used to only one tank taking every Hour of Twilight, though I know we can, and probably should, switch off each one. Anyway, if the situation arises where I am asked to soak each one, I want to do my best to handle it. As I see it, Shield Wall is the only ability that will truly negate a large amount of the damage. I do not have access to Stay of Execution. I have also macroed Shield Block to Shield Slam (it's helped me with uptime and damage to this point, as I've only seriously tanked 5-mans until now). I anticipate removing this macro, since Shield Block will give me increase magic protection for 6 secs? Without Stay of Execution, is there still a useful time to use Last Stand? Are there any other strategies I might have overlooked?Barcolfy15 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Wish I recorded it Just now, in AB...was sittin at about 18k hp - Arcane mage sneaks up on me. Casts slow on me and arcane barrages. So now im around like 2k hp. He probably could have melee'd me to death. So anyway I'm at 2k hp, he blinks away from me (lol). i charge and immediately throwdown. i proceed to smash his face in, (bad gear, or pve gear). Right as throwdown is up I spell reflect an arcane missles followed by a couple big crits. Mage dies. He thought he had an easy free hk. I got the last laugh. /flexWulfgaarr4 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Reflection needs fix Okay so I'm not talking about the duration here I am talking about how it takes time to switch to 1hnd and shield and reflect even though i got 30 MS Sheep and cyclone while reflect on the buff bar still happens a lot Maybe remove the shield requirement ?Porktooth9 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Shield Block question from a nub tank. So if I am at the hard CTC cap and the fight is more magical then physical..would it be better to line up my Shield Block for big magical attacks (20% reduc. for 6s) or to be keeping it on CD?Fluffysaurus6 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Macro wiz needed! I am having difficulty trying to create a macro that will change to battle stance and rend while I hold down alt, and then cast berserker stance and colossus smash when no modifier is applied. So far I have this #showtooltip /castsequence [mod:alt] [stance:2/3] Battle Stance, Rend /castseqence [nomod] [stance:1/2] Berserker Stance, Colossus Smash The macro just won't do anything when alt isn't held down. When alt is held down all it will do is change to battle stance... Thanks in advance! :)Lightnîng9 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Question about Shield Slam Ok I did search the database and only one person brought up this question and there was no real answer to it but I'll ask it again and see if we can get a real answer from the math wizards. First some background. I just came back to the game in Sept. 2011. Second, since then I noticed that my Shield Slams have not been hitting anywhere near as hard as the tool tip suggest it should be. So I went to a training dummy to check what my average would be against a lvl 85 training dummy. According to the Tooltip with no buffs I should be doing 6976 damage with Shield Slam. So I started testing it and over about 2 and half minutes Shield Slamming every time it was available I averaged around 4900 damage. I then tried it with just Battle Shout up according to the tool tip I should do 7635, during the time BS was up I was doing 5323 avg. Now this is without using Devastate or anything but this seems low. I did this testing because as I was doing some quests I was using Devastate would have 3 stacks up use Shield Slam when the tool tip says I should be doing 12k minimum and I'm doing around 6-7k avg. So can someone answer why the gap in the tool tip and the actual damage? (BTW I would expect a slight difference do to armor but not 2k or more) Rubyhunter8 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Fire Resist Friday Back to more honor farming. Hope to be ready for Fury PvP somewhat soon.Aerlius2 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 394 or set bonus for Fury warrior? Would it be better to stick with 397 valor gear, or use 384 for the set bonus to increase dps?Zidux17 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Low level warrior PvP. I've been playing some low level warrior PvP, it's horrific. Unless I get my charge off on my target I'm wrecked. Even then one blink, disengage or whatever later I'm kited to oblivion, charge needs to be made so it can be used in combat regardless of level requirements.Raknaroks16 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 LF Warrior Tank for Heroic Spine I know this isn't the Recruitment forums but they suck tbh. My guild is currently on Heroic Spine. We got here almost a month ago when our tank had some kind of IRL issue that has taken him away for over three weeks now. We would all love to continue progressing forward but are in serious need of a plate tank. When we killed Heroic lootship we were ranked 184 in the US. since then... steadily dropping in rank. We still kill everything on heroic just haven't progressed past Spine without a good tank. If you are willing to put in the time and effort to work through heroic content and are interested in joining us, throw an application up on: http://www.maelstrom-kt.shivtr.com/Slatra9 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Gemming Question for higher ilvls Hey folks, I have a quick question regarding gemming my prot set, especially as a result of starting to obtain more and more BiS items. My gemming philosophy has always been to match socket colors with mastery based gems until I hit 102.4% easily. At that stage, i turned my straight mastery yellow's into greens, switched the purples in my blue sockets into straight stam gems, etc. At the moment, the lowest I can get myself while still meeting socket bonuses is 104.5% or so, meaning that I have ~2% of excess that I can stand to shed. The question is this: Since I am a warrior, mastery still has *some* value for me past 102.4%. As such, should I start violating socket bonuses, putting straight stam gems into red and yellow slots until I drop down to 102.4%, or should I just chill slightly above the cap? thanks for your feedback!Shnuggles8 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Macro modifier question /cast [nomodifier] Charge /cast [modifier:alt, target=focus] Charge I was wondering if i could change the modifier to caps lock?Reax1 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Two Gurth's for TG? Hello my fellow warriors. I've been reading conflicting views regarding Gurth as both your MH/OH weapon. I was hoping to some information from the forum regarding this topic. Currently I am running an 403 and a 390 Gurth. I can acquire a second Gurth next week if it drops, however I've been readin the proc is actually buggy and doesn't proc on the OH. I've also read that it does, but not as much so it isn't worth it (because you hit less with your OH) And that having two different (LFR/Norm) Gurth's cause issues. Anyone care to guide me in the right direction towards the answer? If this has been posted already, I apologize.Avamore4 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Fire of the deep I'm just getting back to wow after taking several months off and i decided I wanted to tank. I have enough points to buy fire of the deep ( http://thottbot.com/item=77117 ) and im wondering if its in my best interest to buy that now or to get the helm or chest in a week? from what I've found on the forums it seems like the trinket is my best bet but i just want to make sure. Thanks for your time.... also if you see anything that im doing with my gear thats wrong let me know. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonmaw/Yourself/simpleYourself6 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 would like some pointers from Vetran Warriors Ok guys and gals I like to tank heroics and alt raids for my guild when we do them and would like to know how my reforging, gear, and chants hold up. I know I need windwalk on my weapon just got the mats for it so will happen post haste. Your input is appreciated. Lucielda3 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Can a warr beat an evenly skilled and geared rogue or ret in a duel? My friends have made me their !@#$%. : DDeiondre8 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Question about execute phase (Arms). So I'm working to improve my DPS and I have a few questions about the Arms execute phase that I haven't seen in the sticky or in searches. I have 2 questions: 1. Say you have 30-40 rage, is it better to use Execute with Heroic Strike for a 10 rage execute with HS or is it better to not use HS and get a 30 rage execute? 2. Should I be using MS on CD during the execute phase or should I only use it to refresh LttS and if its only to refresh LTTS, how about when Recklessness is up to proc Wrecking Crew? Thanks in advance.Marlista12 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Trinket/Shield Block advice I'm finally making the transition into raiding, and taking the role of off-tank for my guild on the fights they 2-tank. 10-man normal. For the longest time, I've just thrown my trinket(s), Shield Block, and Inner Rage into a macro with Shield Slam, since 5-mans don't really call for any further strategy than that. Going into DS, though, is there a better route I could be taking? Are there particular moments or moves I should be saving any of these for? Using them separately, together, with Shield Wall or on their own, etc.? Trinkets I'm using are Mirror of Broken Images and Fire of the Deep.Ratatoskr2 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Best race for warrior? Hi there I was wondering what the best warrior race was PvE horde PvP Horde PvE ally PvP ally? Thanks.Nußrogue28 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Tanks please help me iv researched my spec my gear my gems my chants iv pleaded in guild to find help but every tank but me is a DK (go figure ?) i can hold my aggro i know how to tank but it seems 2/3 healers that i get grouped with complain that im squishy when im in parties i notice that alot my dps die due to the fact that i think the healer is trying too hard to keep me alive what is the problem and do you possibly have suggestions ?Nuzek4 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Stupid 397 gear!!!!!!! Okay just got new 410 shoulders 397 gloves legs and a new lfr chest. Huge jump from Ilvl 389 to 394. Anyway I reforged with mr robot and wow reforge both tell me different things. Anyway dps was 25k on the dummie and bursting at around 30k now this this new gear it 20k if I'm lucky to 25k burst..... Any suggestions or help???? And it ain't the rotation I'm about to throw my pc out the window "dnasty" and Gnomeregan is the realmDnasty15 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Fury - The High-Maintenance Warrior Hey guys, well I am going to show you how Fury really works in a PvE environment. If your looking for a good single target/Burst spec to play then FURY is the way to go with its amazing damage and its sustained healing to self plus the general larger survivability with a small of AoE added. Table of Contents 1. Spec/Glyph 2. Stats 3. Rotation 4. Your Mastery 5. CD's and How to use them 6. Tips and Tricks Kurgy7 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Blood Craze>Deep Wounds? I was thinking about moving out dps talents (since threat is hardly an issue now) and putting them into something more useful. Should I move the points from Deep Wounds into Blood Craze or maybe Drums of War?Thetree56 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 arms trinket to pair with Eye of Unmaking so i won this Creche of the final dragon (397) last night and I'm still wondering if I should replace Vessel of Acceleration (384) with it to pair with Eye of Unmaking (403)..Nozaj4 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Head Scratcher.. Ok, I'm a bit confused. Picked up a second Gurglethack (yes that was intentional) from LFR and after reforging and enchanting, my dps went down. I mean I knew I'd loose a bit of ground loosing the stats from the axe I have here, but DAMN. I thought the extra damage from the second sword would make up, not to mention the proc. Before you ask, no I'm not basing this on dummy results, just a general feel and result from one week to the next in LFR. As of now, no, regular DS is not a real option for me, I work nights, and weekend raiding on Executus just doesn't happen.Ulfas3 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Prot Warrior please help! A Friend of mine is really really really squishy and i don't know why. I heal other prot warriors and they don't drop below 90% health. But when i heal him, he drops so fast! Anyone help?! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/grizzly-hills/Obouldawsme/advanced Stìng10 Mar 2, 2012