Warrior

Dec 1, 2011 socket bonus for fury 2 yellow sockets bonus: +20 str should i put bold or inscribed gems in? thanksAkaniku7 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 MORTAL STRIKE You should increase mortal strike damage for arms thats like the main SKILL my GOSH! please make mortal strike betterBloodhero5 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 I can't be the only one to notice... the fact that there are no single minded fury or even 1h strength weapons in any version of the 4.3 raid. What the !@#$ blizzard? I JUST got to the point where I could get equal 1h and 2h weapons and SMF was actually better and then you remove the option by not placing any one handed strength dps weapons in the raid? Now it's back to arms or Titan's Grip, cool, thanks. Glad you put Single Minded Fury there as a talent we can look at again. NEWS FLASH: SOME OF US LIKE PLAYING THE FAST PACED DONT LOSE ALL YOUR DPS FROM 2 WHITE MISSES FURY SO GIVE US THE %^-*ING WEAPONS TO DO IT. I'm sitting here in my full onslaught transmog with Fool's Bane and Spiteblade ready for any sword or mace you give us and the obsidian cleaver (didnt that thing look sick) and you're making me go back to farm 2h's that I don't even want to use to cover up the stupid as !@#$ tuning forks you've decided to make maces look like again. Please Torch of the Damned, for once in my entire life, drop, so I can at least look at something non-horendous while being pissed off at the fact that I STILL CAN'T SWING FAST AND BE COMPETATIVE.Sylynkz13 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Threat Gen Through the Roof! Ok guys, what was the purpose of jacking up our threat by 200%? I mean, at this rate we can hold anything without even having to worry about dps pulling, which isn't fun. And the change to vengence just makes it higher. So my question to all of you fellow prot warriors, needed or not? Was it worth being able to tank WotLK style again? (which Blizz said they didn't like)Greatbobbo14 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Best professions for a warrior tank Please disregard the fact that my hunter is listed as asking this question. I made a new toon and am wanting advice on what the best profession combination for a warrior (I'm thinking tank) is and why. I've seen conflicting reports but no explanation as to why the combination is the best. This toon is level 7 and I need to make a choice soon. Thanks! Lothirien4 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Race change After playing Tauren for nearly 200 days total since vanilla i have gotten tired of being to big that i cant see what im hitting. fellow warriors, Troll for beserker or Orc for AP buff...what should i choose? also if i pop beserker will the speed increase stack with flurry? as i will pop it with reckless for xtra pwnage. Drkmentality4 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 smfh blizz Warrior DPS was clearly nerfed.Cassañova5 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 DPS Problems Hi, I've been having problems getting consistent DPS . I can't figure out what im doing wrong , I've read the warrior forms On My Rotation, how I should spec, And how I should gem my gear, but in the new HoT heroics I find myself only doing 13k DPS at most. I lag alot which I think brings my DPS Down . Other than that I don't really know what im doing wrong . Anything to help would be greatly appreciated .Abalon7 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Fury trinket choices 4.3 heroics Which one's better? License to Slay vs. Varo'then's Brooch. My other trinket is Rosary of Light. Thanks!Mlç3 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Warrior DPS PVE in 4.3 Hey so I was looking up sim craft to get a feel for how my raid is coming together for the coming weeks of the new content. And I was suprised to see warriors are the bottom 3 dps specs as per simulationcraft. Now I know simcraft isn't the be all end all, but when I came to the warrior forums I was expecting to see some omfg why are we not getting buffed posts... Is there a significant lack of dps for warriors that are raiding in high end content or is simcraft just off on this (I'm aware simcraft is far from perfect) ? I'm concerned because one of my raiders is raiding as arms and the next lowest spec on sim craft in our raid is me as enhance which sims a full 10k dps clear ... Furah13 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Fix warriors! Warrior dps is broken.Cassañova1 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 102.4% ctc cap. What do you do when you reach it? gem avoidance?Tortillaman5 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Need DPS gear help/advice! Hey guys I am currently doing about 15-16k dps on average in the new LFR DS raid and I was wondering if that is good for my gear... I feel like I should be doing more than this however. I know I have 2 pvp items equipt and I'm missing a few enchants.. But is this about what I should be getting considering my gear? Thanks.Cloonicus2 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Thanks Awesome buffs Blizz thanks for the 5 seconds of effort, it really shows.Swampié4 Dec 1, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Single Minded Fury, is it worth it? GREETINGS ALL, now, I got a Fury warrior that I'm trying out and I know what to stack for it. When it came to talents, however, I noticed somthing. Single Minded fury says that when you use -ONE- hand weapons, it increases the amount of Damage done by 20% and Slam hits with both weapons when used. So....question is: Is it worth it? I mean, could there be any benifits from such a thing? That is my question, I look forward to the answer, Cheers :DKonak15 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 4.3 BIS weapon specimen vs voice? I was wondering if anyone knows which is better. Guildies fighting me over saying bis is specimen since we all know the tentacle proc will most likely get nerfed or is buggy (saying cleaves/ whirlwinds can spawn multiple tentacles). Elitist jerks still says specimen= bis over tentacle but does anyone know for sure right now?Mattlothar8 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Worgen Bladestorm I don't know about you other Worgen Warrior's but to me it seems that the Bladestorm looks the same as Whirlwind for fury just with 1 wep instead of 2. I think this animation needs to be changed to look different. After I race changed from Human to Worgen (PvE reasons) I noticed this right away and to me when I PvP it doesn't look good at all. I don't know about all the other races when they Bladestorm but when I was Undead, Tauren, Orc and Human they all had different animations between their fury Whirlwind and their Bladestorms. I know there are more important things to worry about but this is just an opinion I have time to blab about. Tell me what you think guys and thanks!Ripsoul5 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 4.3 Protection BiS I was looking through the loot lists trying to figure out my gear for 4.3. Does this look like it is going to be the BiS gear choices? ** I'm planning on reforging them to avoid DR for dodge and parry plus minimize expertise/hit. ** Head - Colossal Dragonplate Faceguard Neck - Guardspike Choker Shoulder - Colossal Dragonplate Shoulderguards Chest - Colossal Dragonplate Chestguard Waist - Forgesmelter Waistplate Legs - Foundations of Courage Feet - Stillheart Warboots Wrists - Titanguard Wristplates Hands - Colossal Dragonplate Handguards Finger - Hardheart Ring Finger - Signet of the Resolute Back - Indefatigable Greatcloak Main Hand - Souldrinker Off Hand - Blackhorn's Mighty Bulwark Ranged - Unexpected Backup Depending on scenario, but figured all 3 trinkets would be good. Trinket - Indomitable Pride Trinket - Resolve of Undying Trinket - Fire of the Deep Edit: Updated to have links.Lacrez10 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 7 Years It only took Blizz 7 years to fix charge.Good job Mr crawler now if you give warriors back some of there up time or dps both of wich you nerfed to hell when you saw that they could even get a hit on your loved mage.Mabby ill get back to mine.Or ill see how another mmo treats its warriors.Thanose35 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 397/359 1-hander vs 378/359 2-hander Title basically says it all. I have 397 1-hander off Morchok and either reg lavaspine or soulblade for smf Or I have 378 mace and reg Akirus for tg. With weapon damage being crucial to warrior dps, would going smf until I get another 378/397 2-hander be a dps increase? ThankyouChimnee2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Gigantiform or earth crack bracers? just wondering what edges what out for a fury titans grip warrior.? Gigantiform.. 115 Hit 173 Mastery Earthcrack..158 crit 140 hasteSkillywilly2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 rosary of light v lts Rosary of Light v License to Slay which one in my case would be better?Steve3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 New Animations! I'm in love with the over hand swing that CS and Slam do. I don't know about anyone else, but as a mainly prot warrior I'd love to see the animation also be applied to Devistate ><Kaidinn5 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 New Warrior Ability Idea - "Impale" Impale 90 second CD 20 rage Impale your target on your weapon for 5 seconds causing XX damage over the duration. You cannot perform any abilities that require weapon for the duration however you can move with your target. Target can still perform his/her abilities but with 30% increased casting time and cannot control his/her movement. Using any abilities that require a weapon immediately cancels the effect. It would be similar to mind-control except you move with the target and they can still cast. It would be a very interesting type of CC that would be more of a fun ability to use than anything. I can just see it now, you charge your opponent at LM impale them and carry them off the ledge only to drop them half way down and heroic leap to safety. Or you could Impale them and heroic leap behind an object to LOS them. It would have tons of fun uses, but not be OP due to you being required to move with them as well as they would still be able to cc, root, stun you. It would be only breakable with a trinket.Tulkäs24 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Piercing Howl vs. Gag Order in 4.3 I have been doing some testing this morning with the release of 4.3, and it appears my Piercing Howl keybind is getting dusty. Does anyone have any thoughts on the viability and utility of Gag Order now that Charge is fixed? Having an AOE slow is wonderful but dropping this would also allow us to have an extra major glyph slot. Glyph of Spell Reflection may solve my long time hatred for frost mages.Parasytic5 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Heroic leap Huh heroic leap Its so broke like thats aree one back up move or a move we must use perfect for pvp I know you guys dont want us jumoing evey where but who cares we have 2 ranged attacks heroic throw and shattering throw you guys need to fix this every bg or arena has a hill of some sort Im starting to get sick of not being able to jump up hills can you work on this and give it a hot fix asap should have been 4.3 nerf the damage on it I dont care but we need this move to work 95% of warriors would like thisDaborgon13 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Combat rogue vs fury warrior Who fails more in pvp?Ahruk2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 The new Vengeance and BG PVP So I jumped into a BG in prot spec to practice my tanking keybinds. (I haven't tanked in forever and thought I might get back into it.) Wow. After fighting melee classes for a few moments Vengeance stacked so high I was throwing out tremendous damage, much higher than with a basic arms PVP spec. An example that stands out was a 47k Shield Slam crit against a rog with 3600 resil (I looked him up afterward). I'm sure much higher numbers are possible, since this was just off a few casual BGs. For example, with a dedicated healer to keep you up the sky would be the limit. Also, repeccing to maximize damage within a prot spec would also no doubt boost this. I can't see prot being arena or RBG viable as you wouldn't be attacked enough for Ven to stack, but for casual BGs, wow, it was kind of fun.Euphon5 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 gear "raidfinder" question.. I was searching info on gear and it tells u where to get certain items, but i came across 2 of the same items named RockHide Bracers which the top one has a 397 rating and the bottom one say 384 and considered "raid finder" or says RF on it. What does raidfinder mean and what criteria exists for obtaining these items? I had thought it meant they were drops from raid trash, not bosses but im not so sure? anyone know?Skillywilly1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Gear help Noob Question here. I am struggling with optimizing my gear for battle grounds Any tips, suggestions, advice, criticism? This is my frst character, and I am really, really new to any from of raid, or battlegroud and know I should be better. Drawnin2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Music to grind to So I'm about to log in, I'm halfway through 83, and I don't plan on stopping until I hit 85, but to do this I need some music. What do you guys listen to while playing your warriors? I just got done listening to Disarmonia Mundi - Perdition Haze and it made me want to do this. Any suggestions?Tombra10 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Add ons to track abilites off cool down Hey warriors, I am planning on tanking with my warrior now that 4.3 has hit. Anybody use any add ons that show when an ability has come off cool down or a priority add on when there are no cool downs?Toramas1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Anyone else like being nerfed? As an expansion goes on and warrior dps is nerfed does anyone else actually..... enjoy it? Personally I enjoy the feeling that I am (not being weakened cause i know how well we scale) but sorta.... growing too powerful for the powers that be (blizzard) to allow to run free. It is kinda nice not to feel like a welfare class and have to get buffed to do better. I mean, it's great, they need to slow us down just so anyone else can keep up!Mishaynne6 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 I'm seriously terrible at the moment Ok, so i've been playing this toon since early BC, never really raided much on it, and have completed a total of 0 raids in this xpac due to uni/work. One thing that is killing me is how terrible my fury dps is. I've tried reading all the guides, changing things around etc etc, but on a single target I struggle to get my dps above 13k. I don't know what the standard is at my ilvl, but i'd assume it would be more than 13k? As soon as i switch to arms, i can hold my dps around 15k on a single target. It just feels that no matter how much I upgrade my gear it doesn't seem to really do much for my dps. Any advice on why i'm so terrible? My rotation is Shout -> Enrage -> CS -> BT -> RB -> BT -> Slam Cheers.Pacsider11 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Warrior was more fun at the beginning of cata having to stance dance and being able to intercept was the best thing ever! inner rage was actually useful and skilled warriors could keep casters at bay with spell reflect. Our damage was for sure to high, but why did all the other fun stuff about the class go away. now all i do is Charge smash win i still win in most fights, but its not fun anymore, winning does not equal fun in the same way losing does not. The complexity of what i was doing made it challenging and fun.Neravas4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 How's Arms Looking? With Fury taking a nerf, and Arms not, are they back to being pretty even, again? Arms perhaps pulling ahead?Grughk8 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Idea for Warrior Mastery honestly blizzard dislikes the current concept behind the warrior and pally mastery bonuses because the large survivability they have over dk and bears haven't a large flat mitigation. I play my warrior and sometimes i look at my squishishness of my dk here vs him and honestly i can see why they would consider other methods of not gimping the mastery.so here's a proposed change to both warrior and pally just shooting it out there for the general mass to see. For warriors i think the mastery so be made into a proc based on block. Something like "when you block you have a x%(based on mastery) ot gain a stack of (named defensive buff) upon reaching x stacks you enter an enhanced guardian stance reducing damage by x% (aiming for 20%) for x seconds (once again aiming for 10-20ish range possibly if that's too much 5 seconds). in addition every successful block (possibly change to critical block only) while in guardian mode incurs a counter attack for 75-120% damage. obviously you would have to make block into a flat percent higher then the basic 30% probably around 35-45% chance to block. would be great for long endurance types of fights and the duration of the stacks can be carried like a charge until they finish and fully activate. also would help reduce burst damage into a more linear but controlled damage phase and would help warriors out outside of their spell reflect to help mitigate a fair portion of spell damage they would receive if the mastery were to proc during a fight with higher then normal magical damage. plus as a added benefit the activation of it could be tied into an ability like shield slam so it's controlled. My pally i find the mastery too mellow and well.. it's like they just kinda halfway did it coping the warrior halfway there.. so paladins could join warriors in a flat block chance percent somewhere in the 30-45% chance range. My mastery concept is that instead of scaling additional block chance give something like using a core ability of the class has a chance per charge of holy power to heal the pally for x amount. anyway just some simple ideas blizz nothing moreBatgirl0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 wasn't listed on the patch notes but... Glyph of Colossus Smash : Your colossus smash now APPLIES the sunder armor effect to your target. (old refreshes current sunders) nice quality of life change.Onamier4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Who're some good warriors to emulate? I've recently picked up my warrior alt after a couple years of hiatus and while the rust is knocking off, there's lots of new things that I've had to adapt into my strategies and trial and error isn't enough. I've been checking out Swifty's stuff but I'd like to have some others to compare it to. Thanks in advance.Rockeign24 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 4.3 valor point purchases So here is my list for the 4.3 VP purchases, keep in mind that they are based on my gearset, but ill add the option for those who are in full heroic gear. 1- Dreamcrusher Drape 2-Rotting Skull 3- Ring of Torn Flesh 3- Darting Chakram 3- Kneebreaker Boots 5- Necklace of Black Dragon's Teeth Thats the order of my list, ill replace the cap first because i hate haste and it has a ton of it. The VP trinket seems like a very solid option, healthy ammount of crit with no ramp up time, and a truckton of strength ready for every DC and in between. The next 3 will depend on your gear set, currently the boots are a bigger upgrade for me, but the thrown can be good if you did not get a firestone. The ring can work if you are running around with the valor 378. The neck is fifth as the difference between it and the heroic shannox one are minimal.Luucem9 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 5% Why was the 5% removed from dual welding? Is blizzard afraid of warriors might pulling 30K dps? I haven't seen any recount numbers yet. But I think my dps has dropped some.Warscar25 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Fixing Charge??? Fixing Charge is going to make Charge OP. Ppl are going to complain that when they jump and still get hit with the Warrior next to them isnt going to make sence. If Charge is going to work as intended, then are they going to nerf the Stun? or the Rage gain? or something because this is out of this world. Abiltlys arent surpose to work as intended.Ranhorn14 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Rosary of light Is this trinket better than AOK? Zaknafeind1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Dwyer's Caber Currently using License to Slay and Heart of Rage, with both reforged to Crit. Which current trinket should I replace for Dwyer's Caber. Or keep the current ones?Demacia21 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 4.3 Warriors So im stuck at work for another 4 hours yet pretty keen to get home and start working on 4.3 Any changes to Warrior that I should know about ? The change log didn't really give me much of an idea of whats going on for my class just wondering what I should be expecting :) Any Warriors on the forum atm that wanna put there 2 cents in are very welcomed.Stnz1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Heroic leap crashes H lost city of tol'var I dc'd everyone 3 times heroic leaping in the dungeon. Froze everyone's computers. Force restarts. Running win7 64 bit i7 oc 4.4ghz crossfired 5770 hd 32 gig ram Warscar1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 What is Warrior's role in WOW? Is it to just deal damage and carrie flags in pvp? Or should it be a class that all should fear in PVP? Is it the class that should be able to help in cc'ing and doing other important jobs? What is our roll in WOW?Unclebob20 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 One Shot Macro? Need It, Help? Title Says It All..Can Anyone Tell What The One Shot Macro Is?Oldspartan7 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Warrior Arms PVP Caps Hello everyone! Im a full pvp Warrior and im Arms spec... I want ur advice about my build of talents and ask some questions: 1- whats the cap for hit rating and expertise? (for pvp just) 2- reforge all critical rating after the caps? 3- any site with all these informations about warrior pvp ? 4- whats the best gems to put and the best meta gem? 5- Whats the best race for warr pvp ? Thank you for your atention! cyaRaìzen4 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Of Warrior minor glyphs Are the glyphs for commanding/battle shout bad picks? I try to use them on CD (or close to it) when possible, so I'm not sure what the point of extra uptime is.Guykild3 Nov 29, 2011