Mage

16h Level 90 talent tree issues (arenas/pvp) Frost mage feedback pt 1. The level 90 talent tree The 90 talent tree for frost has been a plague to mages everywhere since WoD when the bomb talent tree was replaced, forcing mages into the ice nova meta which not a single mage I personally know of preferred and many voiced their opinions about it. Unfortunately WoD ended with no alternatives added despite the communities best attempts (I.E. Jahmilli’s living bomb thread which received more upvotes than I’ve ever seen in an arena post (427)and was capped out on comments at 27 pages+) http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18194625605?page=1 ^ For those interested. Ice nova is back but has been moved to a different talent , but with the changes made to how spells register on contact rather than when casted it gives ice nova more depth for shattering frostbolts / ebonbolts, only having 1 charge, and not being the majority of damage anymore, ice nova is currently not a major issue anymore, but the 90 talent tree it was moved from still is. In my opinion, the level 90 talent tree for frost is possibly the single largest issue frost currently has in arenas / pvp. The choices are all so bad that it’s actually better to play without a talent than choose the other options (Arctic gale, the replacement for ice nova, is currently picked but blizzard is never pressed). Both Unstable Magic as well as Frost Bomb do uncontrollable AoE damage which negate any breakable CC in a wide radius or force you to stop doing damage. Due to this, it is currently better to have a talent you never actually use (arctic gale) than pick the other options. To my knowledge, Arctic Gale currently is not picked for either PvE or PvP and should be considered a placeholder talent. While this post is based off of arenas, the choices in the 90 talent tree is an issue for PvE mages alike. Many mages myself included don’t enjoy the frost bomb rotation and the other choices we have are boring passive abilities with no depth (Unstable magic / Arctic gale). The old living bomb which mages came to know and love no longer exists in the game even as fire. Living bomb received a makeover and no functions very differently from its MoP status. This opens up the opportunity to implement a very similar spell in in the 90 talent tree for frost. This opening grants the option for those who don’t enjoy frost bomb in PvE as well as infitely smoother to play in arenas in which mage’s are currently WAY too reliant on casting for damage and have no way of doing damage unless using cooldowns with the kill target being stunned, directly contributing to the scripted feeling as well as severely limiting comps to those that can stun the healer for us as well as kill target on DR (I.E. RMX). The reintroduction of a MoP living bomb style frost spell would be a great addition to the frost toolkit PvE and PvP alike which would function as: LivingBombFrostReplacementName: Affects the target with _______, causing the target to take X damage every Y second for Z seconds (ticks have a chance to trigger brain freeze. Limit 2 targets. (Brain freeze would not have more of a chance to proc if multi dotting) This spell would be distinctly different from that of for example, Shadow Word: Pain because multi dotting (up to 2 targets) would be optional but not necessary to maximize brain freeze procs and keep them from becoming a class based on spreading DoTs. Adding more of a frost feel to the spell or other effects tied into it would also be optional such as: *Slows the target for an additional 5% which increases every second the spell lasts (I.E. starts at 5%, increases by 5% every second for 5 seconds, stays at 30% additional slow until it ends *final tick has a 100% chance to trigger brain freeze Just two examples. There would obviously be plenty of other options. I don’t want to see the entire mage community collectively express their dislike for current options and have it fall on deaf ears again, and I certainly don't want to spend an entire expansion purposely choosing a talent that will never get pressed due to a lack of alternative options. tyVeidaz0 16h
16h Nerf subtlety rogues Right now, a less skilled subtlety rogue will almost always win a fight against a mage. Check out Hansol (one of the best pvp mages) if you need an example. The subtlety toolkit is a prime example of unbalanced gameplay and it just got buffed in the recent hotfix. Why aren't more mages pissed about this?Toop7 16h
17h Ebonchill's Black Ice Passive Is there a way to see when one of your icicles is a black ice icicle?Yevi3 17h
17h I absolutely hate Rune of Power The skill in itself should just be removed from the game and a proc'd 55% more damage would be more appreciated. I hate the talent for raiding, I hate the talent for PvP, and it just makes the mage class feel nothing but unfun. Mages are supposed to be mobile. We are squishy. Not a stand still turret. /End my nameRant44 17h
17h we Want an answer why arcane has 2 passives We demand to know why you have nerfed arcane into the ground! My fellow mages of the arcane arts, call out to the makers, and demand a explanation AND resolution to the massive nerf of mages, the removal of any spec identity (through spreading abilities to all talents instead of making new ones), We demand the reversal of the destruction of the mage class.Amunari9 17h
18h Thank you Blizzard for Arcane buffs Just wanted to say thank you for listening to feedback regarding Mastery scaling. I haven't done the math, but the 20% buff to scaling should bring the disparity between Mastery and the other stats to an acceptable level, and hopefully even surpass them. The buffs to AB and AM were a nice surprise.Mythlos30 18h
18h Arcane Hidden Appearance Changed? I remember looking at the Arcane spec's hidden appearance before the release of legion and it was an actual in game sheep model on the head of the staff that was chewing and such. When I look at wowhead now it shows just a plain old metal staff with the end of it shaped like a sheep kind of. Did they change it? Or does the staff have a visual change in which it turns into that moving sheep or something? If it's just that static metal sheep head then I am quite disappointed in the change and no longer really care to try and find it.Galluck2 18h
18h DANGER: Aftershocks! DANGER: Aftershocks! Aftershocks, the trait http://www.wowhead.com/spell=194431/aftershocks, does not cast two Flamestrikes (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2120/flamestrike). Instead it casts another hidden spell called Aftershocks (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=194432/aftershocks) and this spell deals only 30% spell power compared to the Flamestrike's 180% making it deal only 16.66% comparatively and beyond this it does not seem the damage scales with Flamestrike's own. Primarily my reason to take this trait over the coveted Reignition Overdrive (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=194234/reignition-overdrive) trait was to make my life a bit easier in gaining honor whilst being a flamestrike mage in PvP and also I assumed that it would be a good choice for doing quick dps to trash in Mythic+ dungeons. Upon discovering that this "Golden Trait" does not cast two Flamestrikes I began to wonder if it would have been an increase to my AoE damage if I had chosen 8% fire blast damage. And so, I ran a bunch of simulations with simulation craft (git build be0bc06). Simulation results pictured here: http://imgur.com/a/O2osU Note: AS means Aftershocks and 1_ROd means 1 point in Reignition Overdrive. Each simulation was run with 10,000 iterations. The living bomb sims do not cast Flamestrike. Simulation markup here http://pastebin.com/ZQMUPwut Yes, I know simulations are merely simulations but the comparative damage values of spells are roughly similar with the numbers that logs are producing. As we can see from the simulations that even in AoE situations 8% fire blast damage does more than Aftershocks in any amount of encounter with additional mobs. I'm both incredibly annoyed and perplexed as to why a golden node has seemingly little worth compared to a single node which can have more than 1 level. If the awfulness of this node is due to the power of the other two golden traits I don't really mind because those two are impressively powerful. It would've been nice if I had the foresight to actually test and see what the golden node actually did instead of just jumping into it, perhaps changing the wording on the node will help with fooling people into thinking it casts two Flamestrikes. In short; Aftershocks is worse in aoe than a single 8% fire blast damage trait.Luffa10 18h
19h Actual Frost Mage dps feedback I looked for a proper thread but couldn't find it, there is too much noise in the forum, so I'm creating my own thread. I had tried to create a much larger feedback post, but it was lost, and this time I'll just make it shorter. First of all, all my problems with frost comes completely from a pve standpoint. I have 0 issues with Frost in pvp or solo content. Second, let's just admit that Frost spec is really weak and Blizzard probably missed the mark big on this one, either that or achieving Frost's true potential require too many Artifact traits compared to other classes and/or the scaling is too steep, which is still a problem in my view. Third, I'll just say it upfront that the main issue with Frost is that its most optimal use is just too hard, near impossible to achieve. As casters we already lose a lot of uptime compared to melee classes in most situations, so from my standpoint the design should be that we are balanced to be near equal when played to 80-90% efficiency while other simpler specs are played to 100% eficiency, and the cases where we can play to 100%, we should be about 10% stronger. By the way I mean this at least when you play with talents that have these situational requirements. Right now from my experience we can't even achieve the same dps as many other specs even with optimal play. Maybe when I get the Chilled to the Core trait. Ray of Frost is a spell that while cool, is very often not possible to use it to its full effect on bosses. And since it only really does serious damage from 6 sec forward, if you have to move just a little you already lose a huge chunk of your dps. That's one issue. Another is that, since it is so powerful, in most cases you want to use it as soon as possible, but the 10 second cast means you might lose a stack of Brain of Frost, or up to 5 sec on the cooldown of other important things, since they have a good chance of coming off cooldown together. In other words, I don't think Ray of Frost plays well with Frost's rotation, it's optimal use is too hard to achieve, making balancing the class too hard, I presume. Lonely Winter should obviously be ignored. Bone Chilling seems like a good talent, although an only 6% damage increase is hard to be perceived as good, when Ray of Frost is doing millions of damage. But I know that Bone Chilling is good, my problem with it is that it requires too much maintenance. An 8 second duration is too short, meaning that if you pick this talent, you need to be ready to weave in frostbolt between boss mechanics and between your rotation. If you're not paying attention it will very often fall off completely, and since it is a 12 stack buff, if it falls it's going to be a huge drop in damage. It's not that I don't like having to maintain a buff or something, but Frost already has many things to mind, I think it's just added complexity on top of complexity. I would either double it's duration or make it requires less stacks to get to full effect. On tier 3 talent row, let me just say I like Mirror Image, especially for solo content, I'm very OK with Incanter's Flow, and I hate Rune of Power. Rune of Power, again, is another ability that has too many requirements to get to optimal use. You need to stand in the circle, you need to cast it, you need to predict boss mechanics and predict your rotation at the same time, you need to watch its cooldown. It's too much, I hate it, I wish I didn't have to play with it. But as it turns out, it seems to be the only real serious choice for pveers. and I hate this. It also feels like you're shoving down a weakness in one of Frost's strengths, mobility. If such a thing was possible, I would rather see Rune of Power removed from Frost talent tree, and just left to our Arcane buddies. RoP plays well in the Arcane rotation since there you know exactly when it's time to unleash your burst. In our level 90 talent row, Frost Bomb seems like the only real choice here. Everything about the frost spec feels like it plays around our Ice Lances. It requires some maintenance, but I don't mind, as long as I didn't have to keep minding about other things in the rotation as well, like Bone Chilling. Unstable Magic feels like as much a trap as Lonely Winter is, and Arctic Gale seems like it might be worth trying to play with, but it feels like it is way too situational. if Arctic Gale also had a way to do increased damage to your primary target, would it break the spell? I think it could be great. And in our last talent row, cool talents, but again everything is extremely situational. It seems like I have a problem with that. Like if you play with Comet Storm, cool looking spell by the way, you can do good aoe damage, sure, but you pay with A LOT lower damage when it's time for single target, making it very nonappealing for any boss fight. Glacial Spike is great for pvp, soloing content, and cleaving with Splitting Ice. Thermal Void seems great, but only when we get the Chilled to the Core artifact trait, which I hate that it is so far in the tree, just teasing us, making us suck in dps until we get it. I also have a problem with the Chain Reaction trait. Is the design of this trait intended to just be an ocasional bonus? Something to have upkeep as well? Its potential seem so high it feels like a tease, like a requirement in the rotation, but is near impossible to use optimely. For last, I also hate Frost Bomb, and I've seen many people voice the same opinion. It's clunky, you very often don't get full use of it, it sucks against anything that moves, it only serves as a Fingers of Frost generator in solo content, it's really easy to miss, and I feel like since it has a high potential damage in a 100% optimal use, it's just holding Frost's aoe back, especifically Blizzard. I would've preferred it to be converted into a talent. So to sum it all up, Frost damage is too low, has too many requirements for optimal use, and I just wish it had less complexity and more payoff for optimal use.Xiaojingling140 19h
19h Have the mage buffs come out yet? Are they out now?Gearington3 19h
19h Delete Me Title says it all. Aftershocks is less damage then the fireblast 8% damage talents. IE even in aoe situation the 8% fireblast damage is worth more. Aftershocks is only 17% of flamestrikes damage making it 2% better then blueflame special A good way to improve flamestrike damage would be to make it have a increased chance of procing heating up for every target it hits. say 20% per mob you crit to trigger heating up? That would make flamestrike worth using in AOE situations without a chance to heat up its just not worth it at this point still.Zalmiran0 19h
21h question about icicle stacks hi all quick question i've noticed this for some time now (in terms of during legion) but on my frost mage sometimes i'll finish a fight out in the world and have 5 icicles but low time left so i'll quickly move to next target, go to fire a frostbolt then hit glacial spike but the spike will fail because my icicle stacks will have start ticking down - during combat! I have gone into a fight with 5 icicles at about 5s remaining to having 2 icicles left with full duration has anyone else who plays frost noticed this, if so any idea whats causing it?Misskathryn2 21h
22h Legion followers for Mage Just a quick question about followers. I've leveled a Warrior and a Rogue and I have not had this problem until now. The Mage followers suck? They can't counter abilities in the missions, especially the Mage Story Quests Missions. I'm still leveling, so I only have the first 4 followers, but man, is this lame.Gnoxious10 22h
22h Following in His Footsteps Is it just me or is our 5 part mission quests super long compared to other classes. Shaman friend is only having to do 4 hour missions whilst ours are 8 hour+, second mission is 1day 8 hours without countering, on of which I couldnt counter so was a 16 hour mission.Tichey17 22h
22h The Council's Wisdom Bug!!!! As you may know Frost Mages get a buff with Ebonchill called The Council's Wisdom that gives Experience and Reputation gains a 5% inc in the Broken Isles. Ever since the hotfixes (9-23-16) this has been changed. The buff now is no longer usable in Suramar and you cannot go into your class hall with the buff. So if you are a Frost Mage going for the hidden artifact appearance and have the portals to all the zones, the buff will not follow you by taking the portals. The NPC changes daily, and If you have not received the buff you can do so by visiting these people: "Fidge" Frostflash - Bottom of the stairs leading to Krasus Landing ◾Eve Fredrickson - To the left of the Bank of Dalaran - the North bank ◾Fiora Ar'nareth - In the Violet Citadel, up the stairs to the second floor ◾Eldragosa - On top of the glass domed building in the Magus Commerce Exchange, in which the Herbalism trainers are found ◾Blinks - In the Photonic Playground, across from the Alliance entrance to Greyfang Enclave , on the balcony of the second floor ◾Vyrin Ethrezil - In the corner of The Legerdemain Lounge ◾Seanus Copeland - Near the fishing trainer, in front of Glorious Goods To keep the buff, you will need to fly to the zone instead of using your portals in your class hall!Icelancelot1 22h
23h Frost and Arcane buffs Inc Hey guys i made a short video discussing some of the buffs Mages are getting soon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94AWoXU_3yM&feature=youtu.beJustcold1 23h
23h mage leveling, could use some tips do you guys have some basic, and I mean basic info about what would be useful leveling past 100? like what spec is pretty efficient, and if there's a talent that's just crazy useful or maybe a particular champion that's "just the best ever!!!!" to use as a bodyguard or definitely start in this zone or "you have to get this quest reward first!!!" etc etc etc stuff like that, anythingZahruk9 23h
23h Reignition Overdrive Obviously pyretic incantation is first path. Does anyone think that the traits that boost fire blast considerably are better ways to go first over Phoenix Reborn. I have read that Phoenix reborn is underwhelming. In PVP there is a talent that allows you to have one more fire blast too which makes it even more interesting.Discfever3 23h
1d Which gear set? Fully craftable tailoring set with 7/7 upgrade or fully upgraded Tirisgarde set? Which is gonna be better overall (for fire spec). I know the craftable set will get up to ilvl 850 but do the Tirisgarde set bonuses outweigh this? I can craft gear that stacks a ton of crit meanwhile the Tirisgarde set has predetermined attributes. Thoughts?Drtèèth5 1d
1d yay frost mages are good now...and so are locksTonashan3 1d
1d Order hall quest not matching followers? So I just hit 103 on my mage and have a total of 4 champions. However literally every single one of my quests right now requires a frost mage...of which I only have 1 in addition some of them require the bilzzard skill which none of my followers even have at the moment. And while I have 2 fire mages I have literally NO missions that require a fire mage. Bug or bad luck?Timat5 1d
1d Hidden Artifact Appearance Got it boys http://i.imgur.com/cholTwi.jpgWsgnovice12 1d
1d I saw the Khadgar harbinger episode late... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW5IYrgOgYU First, this was the most compelling one to me, but then I prefer things focusing on mages. And to blizzard, note that the one that showcased the damn MAGE was the most popular of all! That's because we NEVER get cinematic love, and people want to see REAL power being displayed and not just some mundane sword play! .... but I digress What I realized is something similar to the main specs mages choose. All the min max mages that chose fire for top dps that preferred frost or arcane, are like mages who took the demons temptation for fel power instead of refusing it. Some of you wanted to be fire, but others, and you KNOW who you are! You gave in to power at the cost of preference. Take the lesson of Kadgar, a true arcane mage, with that focused blast of power.Jonaléth2 1d
1d Fire Mage Stat Discrepancy advice? I'm a new fire mage.... so I've been on sites like noxxic and icy-veins....both have VERY different stat weightings... the biggest difference in INT vs. Crit....icy veins has crit being more important than int and noxxic has the other way around... any ideas or a different place i can go? noxxic Intellect [9.01] Crit [7.51] Versatility [3.01] Haste [4.51] Mastery [6.01] icyveins Intellect: 1.00 Critical Strike: 1.30 Versatility: 0.84 Haste: 0.81 Mastery: 0.76Polymorf1 1d
1d Frost/leveling/buffs Given the new frost buffs coming next week, do you think it will be good for 100-110? I shelved my fire at 102 because of the survivability (I don't have good gear) I'm hoping the frost buffs will make it more enjoyable ?Pewps4 1d
1d Rune of Power is mandatory and it SUCKS To do competent dps it's pretty much crucial mages of any of the three specs utilize RoP stacked AP/Combust/IV among other dps CDs. Besides the fact that it's the most unfun mechanic in the entire game, it's kind of dumb to have two obsolete choices along-side RoP. Please for the love of God shift power either away from RoP into the other two talent choices or rework it as a whole. It really is terrible to use.Nahtyu0 1d
1d Marquee Bindings of the Sun King Hey everyone just got this today, and wondering if anyone knows of an addon that shows when the proc happenes.Spike3 1d
1d Frost/Arcane mages being asked to respec? Just curious if others of you out there in raiding guilds are being asked to respec to fire to get invited back to your raids? Edit: I should note that my guild is awesome and they are not asking me to respec. I have heard of other arcane and frost mages being asked to respec though in other more hardcore guilds and it makes me sad. It would be great if we can get an update from Blizzard on upcoming changes so people don't jump the gun on this.Baztax26 1d
1d Who else picked Ebonchill? I am not a min/max player. I pick what's fun and I LOVE frost. I just got this guy to 100 because of the invasion and fell in love with frost. The special effects of comet storm and the sounds are so fun. The crackling sound of ice in my headset is so real. Don't get me wrong, fire looks pretty amazing as well, but everyone seems to be fire (for a good reason I'm sure but as I said I am not a min/max). Anyone else going this route? How do you like it so far?Qeladria42 1d
1d Frost mages lowest DPS in game. Day 3 Stats. Day 3 stats. 75th percentile, heroic aggregate https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/# I, for one. Will be welcoming our buff overlords.Ebah30 1d
1d Water Elemental Animation I notice that the Hall of the Guardian Order Hall's Water Elementals have a pretty cool graphic and design. Would like to petition that this be introduced to Frost Mages as the design for our Elemental Pets. Yes / No?Iggby4 1d
1d Glacial Spike Crit chance Hey fellas looking for a little clarification or help here. I will typically cast a glacial, followed by a pet nova or Ice Nova on the target immediately after cast (or slightly before it hits if someone is on that target) to attempt a shatter combo. I've been finding lately that it's not seeming to follow the shatter rules, often i'll get in the 30-40% crit amount all BG long while landing mostly shatter glacials. Is this immune to the shatter mechanic? As far as I know for frost shatter is calculated when spell HITS not when spell leaves the hands right? Anyone else experiencing this?Novah1 1d
1d question about icy veins fire opener please from icy veins Pre-cast Pyroblast at 4.5 seconds on the countdown. Cast Fireball I Cast Fire Blast when Heating Up activates. --------------------------- but what if heating up dosent happen from pyro and fireball? please and thanksTiforn16 1d
1d Unstable Horrorslime vs Horn of Valor Hey guys I am currently using an 850 horn of valor. I was wondering if unstable horrorslime (from dragons in EN) 850 with a socket is better then the horn of valor. I'm not exactly sure.Nibgit2 1d
1d Brain Freeze is just a cumbersome FoF It's taken me some time to articulate why I don't like Flurry and I realize now that Flurry is just a very roundabout way of getting an FoF or two. Since Winter's Chill lasts 1 second at most after the last hit of Flurry, the only other spell that could possible benefit from it is Ice Lance. Furthermore, if FoF happens to trigger during Flurry's animation, then it's consumed by the necessary subsequent Ice Lance, wasting the Winter's Chill/FoF, depending on your perspective. For all intents and purposes, Winter's Chill is just a bad FoF. What about Flurry? Even though it does more DPS than Frostbolt we will never hardcast it and will only cast it under Brain Freeze, because of all the bonuses attached to Frostbolt (including Brain Freeze itself). At 1.05sp * 3 damage, it beats out FoF Ice Lance's 0.76sp * 3 only before you factor in Chain Reaction, Shatter (though it seems Flurry's Winter's Chill affects subsequent Flurry hits), Frost Bomb, etc. What would the difference be if instead of Brain Freeze and Winter's Chill, we simply got 2 charges of FoF for the same proc rate as Brain Freeze? Not much. Except missing out on 3 applications Bone Chilling, a trade I would gladly make for +2 seconds on Icy Veins with Thermal Void. Suggestions: 1) Remove Flurry and just give us more FoF. A boring but simple solution. 2) Bake Flurry into the Frostbolt that procs it. We really don't need another button bind for Flurry given its current state. Passive: Flurry Frostbolt has a 15% chance to launch a Flurry of ice shards, hitting the target 3 times for a total of 1.05sp * 3 Frost damage 3. Each hit applies Winter's Chill and reduces the target's movement speed for 70% for 1 second. 3a) Make Winter's Chill last 4-6 seconds. People have suggested Flurry applying 2 secs of Winter's Chill, stacking with itself in duration. Most people will probably use this time to get in more Ice Lances. For PvP'ers, they can also get in a Glacial Spike. 3b) Make Winter's Chill AoE, around the target. 5-8 yards? Would allow it to work with Comet Storm, Blizzard (to an extent) and Frozen Orb (although rarely will you get Brain Freeze during an Orb) 3c) Both AoE and stacking Now we're getting somewhere. This will allow Flurry to help Glacial Spike as well as Comet Storm, Blizzard, Frost Bomb, Frozen Orb, even Splitting Ice and Ice Nova. The potential synergies are far above and beyond the narrow one-off skill it is right now 4) Have Winter's Chill simply double Frost damage taken from the mage. A small change which only serves to remove the overlap between FoF and Winter's Chill. It would also slightly buff Flurry as it has a low chance to deal 4x damage. 5) Have Flurry launch 20 shards over 3-4 seconds, rather than 3 shards over 1. Damage remains the same (because it doesn't really matter). This idea is more radical. The idea is to effectively extend Winter's Chill by hitting the target over a longer duration. Could also give it a pseudo AoE effect by having the shards hit random targets around the main target, spreading Winter's Chil around. Such a spell would live up to the name "Flurry" much better than the wimpy 3 particles we have now. Finally, I'd like to say that Frost has more fundamental problems that need to be addressed first, next to which Flurry is only a minor issue. Even so, I'd like to see a change to this spell eventually. It is a very excessive mechanic that we don't really need or want, and seems like a stubborn holdover from older iterations of Frost, along with Blizzard and Cone of Cold, the other two cases of "why do we even have this?".Jinjunmei8 1d
1d Floaty fireballs everywhere! Half the reason I'm not playing fire (a spec I've traditionally loved) is cause of the silly floaty balls that just look ridiculous IMO. The mage class hall (which is a pretty cool place) looks even more ridiculous now, though. It's just an ocean of these floaty fireballs everywhere. Sorry for the whiny, Debbie Downer post, but really, it just looks silly.Wyler1 1d
1d Mage Damage CD in PvP and Purges Why are the damage cooldowns in all three mages the only baseline damage cooldowns in the game that can be removed by a purge? While it can be hilarious to spellsteal (functions like a purge) other mage's spells (unless you're Arcane in which you're saving your precious mana to spellsteal yours back...), I find it jarring that mages are so uniquely susceptible to dispels in the game. Priests have Power Infusion, but it's a talent. Warlocks have a minor 10% damage buff. Is there anyone else? It just seems outdated. As I understand, purges still exist in order to counter HoT healers, but Mages are caught in the crossfire. Every single buff we have is a Magic effect, and while that plays with class fantasy, it's glaring how every other magic caster doesn't have the equivalent even though the same logic can be applied to them. To use Fire, Combustion is basically "Fire form". Shaman have their own Ascendance spells that function similarly. Why is Fire's capable of being removed but Shaman's isnt? It wouldn't be an issue if Arcane Power, Combustion, or Icy Veins weren't major cooldowns but they are. Our specs are balanced around them, yet they're countered by one of many dispels Priests have, shaman purges, etc... That's what breaks class fantasy. Why am I, a master of magic, so easily countered by someone else? We have enough weaknesses already. We can't heal except through gimmicks. We have to hardcast. Our defenses can also be negated through purge. Enough already. I'm fine with Ice Barrier remaining purgeable. It's annoying given that it's our only defense (well...temporal shield but same idea), but it still falls within the "purge the heals" thing going on. Might I suggest just reworking the damage CDs to "Form" spells? Before anyone claims they're Shaman 2.0, they're already in the game just under different names. The names don't have to change for nostalgia's sake. Ice Form is already a PvP talent. Make the visual baseline and the effect non-dispellable. Combustion is already setting the mage on Fire like a human Torch. Just make it non-dispellable and change the flavor text. Arcane Power has an outdated visual (Ironic since crackling with thunder is a Shaman fantasy not a Mage one), and implement the Arcane Form (some have suggested Archon form from D3), and make it non-dispellable. This is already in the game via the Nightborne, much like all their other Arcane spell effects that we, as players, don't have -_- Problem solved. TL;DR: Make the major damage cooldowns of mages non-dispellable with elemental forms for the sake of PvP fairness, visual fidelity, and consistency.Mythlos38 1d
1d Fire Mage PvP Damage Is it bugged cause it feels like I do no damage.Venns5 1d
1d My thoughts on Arcane After leveling a mage through most of the legion content I feel like my favorite spec (Arcane, duh) is under preforming quite a lot. I played around with Fire and it was incredibly fun with high dps but Arcane feels like something is missing. Here are the problems I see so far with the spec: You feel very weak unless at max Arcane Charges which can take a couple seconds to build up if your haste isn't high. Not a horrible idea but your mana drains so quickly at max charges that you can't stay that way for long, making you give up your stacks so you can start over again Arcane Missiles just don't proc that often. It's a flat chance, not increased by crit or any other stat so your dps is up to the RNGods making it very frustrating when you're 7 Arcane Blasts in and your mana is completley drained with nothing to show for it Arcane Barrage feels more like a stack dump than a useful damage spell. It does about as much damage as an Arcane Blast, so the only real reason to use it is to dump your Arcane Charges so your mana doesn't flatline. This makes the ability pretty boring and a little dull. Final thoughts: Arcane is supposed to be overwhelming your target with massive magic attacks, which it totally delivers on but in only super short bursts and with very little AoE potential. If I wanted something that was only going to be fun for around 15 seconds but then was followed by disappointment and crying then I'd hook up with my ex.Noolore5 1d
1d Polymorph woes I'm sure this has been asked. And same issue I'm having with my shaman's Hex First off ty blizz for the polymorph Variants Dropdown. Very good idea, but, Why can we not Add Sheep to the same drop down?? I have been trying to get my old cast random+focus Poly macros working. But no luck. Things like sheep and porcupine just won't work right. Anyone have a working Macro to share?Grimstout4 1d
1d Cauterizing Blink nerfed in 7.1 15% to 8% :( RIP soloing big elites. Back to squishtown.Plastics45 1d
1d Fire's best Legendary just got buffed So I saw this post while eating lunch: We applied a hotfix today to adjust the power of multiple Legion legendary items with the intent of leveling off the power they provide. If you've been concerned a legendary item is too high or too low, please check again. Thank you for all of the feedback, it has been tremendously helpful! I ran to my computer to check if Arcane's leggings were nerfed and I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it was unchanged. I looked at the Cord and it went from 25 to 40% mana threshold. Not bad. So I go to see if Fire's got nerfed, cackling in anticipation cause I'm a salty Arcane Mage. My jaw dropped. Bindings of the Sun King went from making your next non-instant pyro deal 200% extra damage to doing 300% extra damage. Ya know.... It was already 10k dps ahead of the other legendaries. Now it's going to be even higher. In fact now it's probably going to be a bigger DPS boost for Fire than the kilt is for Arcane. It also makes their spec more dynamic by adding an element of hardcasting Pyroblast. So I'm scratching my head here. Their best legendary just got buffed. What gives? I mean I'm happy for Fire mages but do you just REALLY want all mages to go Fire this expansion? I'll do it if I have to. Just don't lull me into a false sense of security in that you want to make DPS specs be close to each other when you keep buffing the already best spec before launch. The salt is real.Mythlos49 1d
1d Fire Mage weaker than holy priest Hey everyone! I just did violet hold with an arrogant DH who posted a meter after every single fight. The group was me (fire mage 809 ilvl) 3 DH and 1 holy priest. The holy priest was only 109. The arrogant DH had an 853 ilvl. In many of the fights, I was out DPSed by everyone, including the holy priest. I followed Icy veins DPS guide for legion mages and I felt like I was following it well, with the exception that I wasn't using scorch when I was moving and I still haven't mastered the use of ring of power efficiently. I pop combustion basically on cooldown and ring of power as often as I can during a fight but often have to move out of it for mechanics. I try to gain hot streak as often as possible. Generally expending my fire blast charges, flame on, and charges of phoenix flames as often as often as I can to gain hot streaks. For a couple of the trash pulls I used flamestrike instead of pyroblast to see if I could boost my damage with AOE. My DPS was still embarassingly low. Do holy priests have some secret DPS power that I didn't know about? Do I completely suck at WoW or is everyone else having a similar problem with having inferior DPS? if it's just me, I might reroll a DH so i can !@#$ DPS all over everyone else no matter what my rotation is.Zai15 1d
1d Shard of the Exodar Issue Legendary Ring Issue (Shard of Exodar) ---- So two members on our starting roster for raid both received the Shard of Exodar Legendary Mage Ring. Happy days! Lucky! However, there's an issue with the ideal functionality of this legendary I hope someone at Blizzard can address: Ideally, the ring functions to allow you to be able to Lust (Timewarp/Heroism/whatnot) yourself with each set of your mage cooldowns (example as fire). Ex: LUST ONE: Mageguy lusts for the raid using his OWN Timewarp spell. Spell goes on cooldown for 5 minutes and everyone in the raid -but- Mageguy with his Legendary is now Sated (10 min debuff). LUST TWO: When Mageguy's CDs come back up, he asks for a lust from the raid, because he has no Temporal Displacement debuff due to the Legendary. LUST THREE: Mageguy's Timewarp cooldown should now be done. (5 mins). For his third set of mage CDs he can now re-lust himself. ---------- That is the ideal scenario. However, when two mages in your raid have the legendary ring. They both cannot lust on the opener without giving -eachother- sated. We tested this, and we did give eachother sated, even though we were both wearing the ring. This needs to be fixed, as it makes us go to extreme workarounds that are extremely poor quality of life: Some kind of trickery with being out of raid group and lusting pre-pull or some such then getting re-invited? It's awful. Please fix this issue and don't punish us for getting (un)lucky?Chillplaya20 1d
1d Really? Nerfing Cauterizing Blink? That 15% HP gain for every Blink in PvP was slightly useful. Now that it's going down to 8%... it seems downright worthless. So many nerfs to Fire, I have no idea what the hell is going on through the dev's minds.Razgorb7 1d
1d Mage PvP? Bliz just gutted my monk, and left it for dead like rotting road kill , smoldering in the hot summer sun on the side on a black road. I use to love Frost Mage in MoP. How are Frost mages looking these days from a 1. PVE - dungeon/raid view point? 2. PvP Arena 2's? (With a DK friend of mine) 3. PvP BG's standpoint?Zenin11 1d
1d Fire Mage ladder ice flows?? Ok all the pros on the ladder are using ice flows a pvp talent that allows you to cast while moving. 3 charges. Question is why....? Is it just to land poly or do they use if for something else?Swidgun2 1d
1d Frost-Mage Constructive Criticism would like feedback about frost mage, please don't whine, please don't make the topic "Simple" IE: "they need tuning, need more damage, need more utility" say what needs tuning constructively. please just keep this as focused on what it lacks, what it needs, and lets hope frost gets a decent haul.Skumlord26 1d
1d Fire Mage Damage - Go figure So I am currently levelling a Bremaster with an ilvl of 730. My mage is 830. My brewmaster does higher crits. Go figure.Mindfister14 1d
1d ARCANE Mage Nether Tempest Rotation Hey what is up guys, it is fluffy the number one casual scrub on the planet. Do you feel like you aren't up to par as an arc? Do you feel underpowered? Mana starved? I have a solution for you! Spam Nether Tempest until you die. Video: https://youtu.be/gRGsHwHICfg Enjoy your higher dps.Fluffysenpai11 1d