Mage

Apr 27, 2012 Which armor and when for frost mage pvp So, which armor and in what situations? Ive heard mage armor, molten armor, and frost armor even. But which one is my main armor? Is there different situations for each? If so what are they? I went to Arena Junkies and I can't really tell what the answer really is. Any help is appreciated. Oh, and I frost because its fun. Arcane is fun too in bgs XD. Blowing people up.Ranokai2 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Questions about PVP gear I just finished gearing my ruthless set and trying to plan out how to spend my conquest points. Is there some specific order people have already calculated out? I was thinking of getting the cowl first, although ring would be a bigger upgrade?(but it drops in BH). second question, should I wear the ruthless pants or keep my firehawk pants? I lose roughly 300 crit and 300 mastery by switching to the PVP pants and only gain 300 resillience and 27 int (and 300 haste which is worthless I understand).Leminus3 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Trinket Question Fire pvp Hello fellow mages, I was wondering if Will of the Unbinding is viable for random/rated bgs till I get Cunning of the Cruel (assuming I ever do). Some people tell me its bad due to how short it last and how all stacks can dissapate within a CC (which is why I dont arena with it). But for random bgs is this trinket better than say a ruthless dps trink? Thx guys *edit- Will of Unbinding the raid finder version vs Ruthless gladiator chance trinket.*Firexian5 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Problem with Fire Mages at low levels Not enough Intellect or Crit from gear to make the spec feel viable at low levels. Trying to get two non-periodic critical strikes in a row to proc Hot Streak is really hard. My DPS suffers because of this. Is Blizzard thinking about ways to fix this?Burningsóul8 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Help setting weights in Ask Mr. Robot Can someone walk me through setting the correct weights to achieve this setup as a fire mage: Hit cap > 1858 Haste (unbuffed as a Goblin) > Crit > Mastery? There are soft-cap and soft-capped weight values, but I'm not sure what to put in those (through googling, is 0.14507436 the correct value for soft-cap?). I am also not sure what the weights for each individual stat should be. Thanks for any possible help.Stabbinjoo1 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Xiun you missed pirates hi http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2278/wowscrnshot042612012845.jpgDish6 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 MoP OP Hello all, I have been browsing the forums hear for a while. One thing I have noticed is that a lot of mages are upset over the changes to mages for MoP. I think that makes sense if you look at the talents, but I don't think that mages' power will be via their talents. I think it will be via glyphs. I love the new glyphs for mages. Like the glyph of ice lance lets you shoot 2 Ice Lances. There is one that makes your fire blast instantly ignite your living bomb and spread it to others close to them. I think Mages are going to be super fun come MoP. Just thought I'd share if anybody has made their judgements based on talents alone. ThanksGarnak0 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 2nd Profession for pvp? So I'm taking engineering as my first slot, what should I pick as my 2nd slot that makes easy gold and is great for a mage pvper? yes im posting on my warrior, cant post on my mage for some reasonKonpaku2 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Help on gearing up Hi i'm getting level 70pvp gear and stocking up on honor and i'm wondering, should i stick with the staff i have or go for weapons from the pvp vendors? also suggestion for enchants?Draconicfire0 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Frost Mage PVP Guide (VIDEO) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYlEvT_zJ4A Updated on new channel, music by iNexus (with permission!) <3 Comment/Rate/Sub for more Covers: -Talents -Glyphs -Professions -UI Basics -Burst -Fingers of Frost Efficiency -Tips and Tricks -Macros -Addons and more!Nytemairqt4 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 WOW at changes to cast times MOP here's a list of changes on the new patch that came out. Look at frostbolt and fireball cast times. Baseline Arcane Explosion base damage has been increased by 30%. Blizzard base damage has been increased by 30%. Cone of Cold base damage has been increased by 30%. Fire Blast base damage has been increased by 30%. Flamestrike base damage has been increased by 30%. Frost Nova base damage has been increased by 30%. Frostfire Bolt now has a 1.5 sec cast time, down from 2.75 sec. Base damage reduced by 30%. Ice Lance base damage has been increased by 30%. Mage Armor now increases your Mastery by 2717 at Level 90. Polymorph (All versions) now has a 30 yards range, down from 35 yards. Slow Fall no longer requires a reagent. Talents Frost Bomb base damage has been increased by 30%. Ice Barrier base absorb has been increased by 30%. Incanter's Ward base absorb has been increased by 30%. Invocation now reduces the cooldown of Evocation to 10 sec. Living Bomb base damage has been increased by 30%. Nether Tempest base damage has been increased by 30%. Scorch now costs 0.1% of Base Mana. Temporal Shield isn't on the global cooldown. Frost Brain Freeze now causes your next Frostfire Bolt to be instant cast, cost no mana, deal 25% additional damage, and act as if your target were frozen for 15 sec. Fingers of Frost no has a 12% chance to proc from Frozen Orb hits, down from 20%. Now also has a 4% chance to proc from Blizzard ticks. Now has a 9% chance to proc from Scorch, up from 8%. Frostbolt now has a 1.5 sec casting time, down from 2 sec. Now snares for 8 sec, down from 9 sec. Base damage reduced by 2,5%. Mastery: Frostburn now scales from 150% of Spell Power, down from 250% of SP. Now also increases the damage done by your Water Elemental by 150% of your Spell Power. Frozen Orb base damage has been increased by 30%. Arcane Arcane Barrage base damage has been increased by 30%. Arcane Blast base damage has been increased by 30%. Arcane Charge now also works with Arcane Explosion. Arcane Missiles base damage has been increased by 30%. Slow now increases casting time by 50% on creatures and 25% on players. Fire Combustion base damage has been increased by 30%. No longer affected by Flamestrike effects on the target. Dragon's Breath base damage has been increased by 30%. Fireball now has a 1.5 sec cast time, down from 2.25 sec. Base damage reduced by 15%. Inferno Blast base damage has been increased by 30%. No longer affects Flamestrike effects. Now affects enemy targets within 10 yards, up from 8 yards. Pyroblast now has a 2.1 sec cast time, down from 3.5 sec. Base damage reduced by 22%. Now requires single-target direct damage Fire spells to proc. Minor Glyphs Glyph of Arcane Language - Your Arcane Brilliance spell allows you to comprehend your allies' racial languages. Major Glyphs Glyph of Combustion now increases the direct damage of Combustion as well.Sharindia25 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 molten fury and combustion If i put combustion on before the target is at 30% or whatever health when molten fury activates, will the combust do more damage? Or only when I apply it after they are below 30% health? tyBedtimeswp2 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 fire pve rotaition question I was uncertain if it is better dps to put living bomb on 1 target and wait for an impact to proc or just apply 3 living bomb manually to targets? Also does blast of corruption from the Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind help increase combustion?Celysea2 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Anyone gemming Pure potent epics? Anyone gemming pure potent or atleast till you hit 40% crit. i find 40% is really really good lol was playing around with it earlier this month. So much damn HS'sLtz3 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Frost Mages really do need a nerf. I know it is kind of late in the expansion, but after playing a mage, I can say that frost is not only overpowered, it is so overpowered, it is boring. Frost mages honestly need a damage nerf in order to revive the interesting aspect of playing one in pvp. Here are my suggestions for some nerfs that would make frost mages more interesting and challenging to play. Give Ice lance a 3 second cool down. Have Frostbolt remove Deep Freeze. Make our snares be removed from the first direct damage attack used on someone in a snare. Increase the casting time of frost bolt by 0.6 seconds, so the Early Frost talent is balanced out. I think that these changes would make frost a more enjoyable spec to play, and actually give frost mages a challenge in pvp.Marterai47 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Fire Mage Ignite Question/Reforging Advice Been pouring over forums and blogs and scouting high ilvl fire mages trying to better myself as a mage. I think I finally have my reforging to a point I'm comfortable with and now I'm just wondering about ignite. Can anyone tell me what a good ignite threshold is at my gear lvl? I know the ignite level to combust at is going to be different as scenarios change I'm just wondering what a good average would be. 18K ignites? 20K? Maybe even 25K? And as far as addons does anyone have any input on Combustion Helper Vs. MyBig Ignite? Finally if you notice anything blatantly wrong which my stat distribution (33% haste, 38% crit raid buffed) let me know. Haste wise I was shooting for 6 ticks of living bomb/pyro when T13 bonus is fully stacked and with haste talent and hybrid haste buff effective. Value for that is 2976 I believe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Here's my armory if that helps: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Heatlamp/simpleHeatlamp5 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Main Toon in Mists of Pandaria? Ok so I have a dilemma, I have 3 toons, this Mage which is my current main, a Paladin, and a rogue but I do not know which one to level as my main for MoP. The damage this mage puts out is pretty awesome however I don't feel competent as a caster class. I do well but it gets frustrating at times. The paladin has always been fun but I made my mage my main this expansion because ret pallys were in a bad place at the start of the expansion and too my understanding they are only slightly better then they use to be. MoP might change that and they once again will be viable for pvp. The rogue I know wrecks stuff but I made it a night elf at creation and is therefore ugly and I don't like playing ugly j/k... what would y'all pick and why?Oukanishi5 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Hit question So what is the hard hit cap? Is it 17% cause right now i got 538 (15.62%)Outbreak6 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Mage Armor in MoP boring It looks like the mana regen aspect of it as well as the resistance has been removed and now grants a small chunk of mastery instead. I don't think a mastery buff even qualifies as armor does it? Why such a silly change? They need to give something fun like the other armors have. 5% crit and you burn anyone that touches you or slow anyone that touches you as well as provides armor.Lîghtning3 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Best Mage Race [Alliance] In your opinion whats the best mage race for alliance and why. GoCorryy53 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Helpful Escape spell for Arcane I have a fun peel idea for Arcane mages since we all know survivability for arcane is pretty bad, something that felt perfect for an Arcane spell. It would effectively be a blink spell but on a longer cooldown(that is not shared with blink(only arcane gets this)) and would have a little flash to go along. My idea is to make a spell called Mind Lapse that will make all enemies within 60 yards think only the mage has not moved(you will freeze in place to them when you use it, you would be clearly frozen so it would be obvious you used it) but if they try to hit you it says you have no target). It would last 3.75 sec on a 20 sec cooldown. Sounds really fun to me and im sure people watching arcane mages use it will think its pretty awesome too. Basically the ability drops you from thier target(they see your frozen image as a target which is fake in reality(something you and your allies wont see)). Or if needed allies could see a ghost image of you, could be helpful in arenas and rated bgs. Pets would lose aggro so when you reappear they would have to target you again. Npcs could go either way i guess, drop aggro for a time or lose it completely - id vote for lose completely since it doesnt make sense they would instantly know where you are again but lol at the ai in this game. One more thing for frills, this spell would be usable while casting(but would interrupt the cast)allowing for mutliple freeze poses if this would not cause any visual problems. And lastly, using any spell on a target would lower the effect on only that target by 1 second for each hit(the global cooldown would force a seconds wait).Urazju7 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Help with Fire PvP in RBGs My guild is doing RBGs and want my fire mage to help them out. I was wondering if anyone can give me the current 4.3.4 fire RBG spec as well as glyphs that is standard today. I also wanted to know what your rotation is like and when to use fireblast procs. It seems that everytime I get a good crit, i dont have the proc up, and if I don't have crits, it pops up. How do you control this so you get a good combust off and spread it to everyone? I'm a bit lost but any PvP fire videos in RBGs only will help a lot! (no arenas, I am frost for those).Physics1 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 frostfire orb macro problem I just made a mage on the arena tournament realm and made a very simple macro to cast frostfire orb or cone of cold, which goes like this: #showtooltip /cast [mod:shift] Cone of Cold; Frostfire Orb It casts cone of cold fine but it won't cast frostfire orb. I noticed that the tooltip shown for frostfire orb is the tooltip for the talent, rather than the tooltip for the spell. I've used this type of macro for many different spells and this is the first time I've had a problem with it. Does anyone know how to make this work?Kylos2 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 T14 Set Bonuses and Challenge Mode Gear Pics Item - Mage T14 2P Bonus - New: Increases the damage done by your Arcane Barrage spell by 15%, increases the damage done by your Pyroblast spell by 5%, and increases the damage done by your Ice Lance spell by 5%. Item - Mage T14 4P Bonus - New: Increases the damage bonus of Arcane Power by an additional 15%, reduces the cooldown of Icy Veins by 45%, and reduces the cooldown of Combustion by 20%. Pics: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/april/challengemage_wip.jpg http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/april/challengemage2_wip.jpgGnomassacre9 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Just used my scroll, help please. Can someone tell me everything there I need to know about PvE for mages, havent played in a good 7 months. Back then Fire was the thing to go with a rotation of Living bomb / flame orb / scorch / ffb. Rinse and repeat, needed 17% hit and I can't remember anything else. Can you please help me with stats, items, rotations. In return ( if your on my server ) I can offer you some gold, not to much but hopefully enough. Thank you for your time :) How much hit do I need? How much haste do I need? Gemming int / for socket bonus ( if offers int ) stil worth it? How should I reforge? Fireball or ffb? Glyphs? Thank you so much for your time <3Madgnomee3 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Lhivera's Library Having had to split up my MOP AOE overview over three posts due to length, I finally decided to fire up my own blog where I could do that sort of thing more easily. I'll be posting most of my detailed discussions of stuff related to beta here: http://lhiveras-library.com Feel free to drop in. There are still some cosmetic issues I need to work on, but it should be functional. I've reproduced the AOE post in a more readable format, and hope to have a glyphs discussion up later this evening.Lhivera41 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Need some transmog suggestions :> ^ thinking of some that go with bloodwoven mask, or like these goggles, i got bored with this set :l so yeah. Suggestions would be appriciated . You can suggest stuff like icg raid gear but i hardly doubt I can find a group for that :lol:Nußie1 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Heroic DW - DPS tweak. For 8/8H mages only Hello fellow mage community I am a mage in almost full 410s with the exeption of 5 slots. We are and have been 8/8-H for awhile now and we are working on parsing and my dps is "ok" but not where I want it to be for parsing purposes. Pulling consistant 60k+. But I am shooting for high 70k+ Question: What are you Mages doing to maximize dps on this last encounter? Are you guys AoEing tentacles when you shouldnt to cheese and proc weaves? are you swapping to bloods earlier to proc weaves? What weapons and trinkets? I try to keep up 3 LBs up at all time's. Anyway any tips or tweaks you guys can submit so i can make mages proud would help. Thanks.Paudig2 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 [Beta] Talent Feeback - Fire skew Tier 1 Scorch seems to be the obvious choice but having PoM back after so many years is amazingly strong in both pvp and pve. Crit -> Infreno -> Pryo -> PoM Pryo -> Combust I suspect will be a nice 'go to' for kills and great in pve to line your trinkets up with. Icy Flows has the potential to be a strong talent with a slightly lower CD (to 45sec). At one minute, I prefer PoM, but at 45sec I could see a much harder decision . This talent makes it nearly impossible for someone to LoS a poly. Not a big fan of scorch at the moment. Spell mechanics (blink) and even the lvl 90 talents (rune of power) encourage careful planning and forethought into movement, and I've always felt scorch promotes lazy play. I could see "certain" hard mode encounters requiring it but to me it feels like a necessary evil for people who just enjoy the spell. I'd make it baseline and add a talent that maybe goes the other direction a al... [Fire Turrent] Any casted spell gains 10% haste on its cast time. This would obviously add an interesting decision based on the fight you going into, improve the leveling experience, and reward smarter play by movement. Tier 2 Blazing Speed was my big surprise on this tier. Changing it to be casted proc made it fun, dynamic, situational, and plays well with other mage mechanics. It's a move in the right direction though something like allowing it to stack to 3, giving 3 total sec of 150% speed at the cost of 6% hp could make it more enticing to when compared to extremely powerful tier 2 abilities. Tier 3 I took Ice Ward into Jade Temple and quite honestly it's not a bad little spell. The duration felt short, I'd bump it to 2min with a 45sec CD but maybe I'd feel different arena. Overall I can't see taking anything but Ring of Frost in most situations, especially on a 30sec CD. Frostjaw will have the most interesting possibilities with Fire and Arcane and might be very, very strong. Again a great tier. Tier 4 Cold snap feels wrong and forced in this tier. I'd get rid of the heal and have it also reset the CD of all abilities on the 2nd tier (Temporal Shield, Blazing Speed and Ice Barrier). Give all mages a better way of doing what they do best and already have the tools for (avoiding damage, not healing it). I might be alone in the mage community but the heal seems tacked on and under budgeted. Heals as a mage should be "expensive" just like damage negation as a warlock should be "expensive" in balancing terms. Each class has their flavor for survival and 'easy' heals as a mage don't feel right. Tier 5 None of the bombs "add" much to fire at the moment. I took Nether Tempest for the temple run just because I noticed living bomb doesn't get spread by inferno anymore. Neat abilities but no interaction with fire abilities make it a boring tier. To add to the leveling experience I'd move this to the lvl45 tier (t3) and move everything else down one slot. AoE is fun in low level dungeons. ..... Can't comment on tier 6 but it honestly looks to be one of the best in all of wow. It'll significantly change "how" you play your mage and how you play your spec. I can't wait to hit 90. As an aside, the loss of blastwave, flame orb and now a CD on an underwhelming flamestrike had me thinking of ideas for our aoe. Obviously flame orb was a boring spell but blastwave had many situational uses. I also like the idea of randomly resetting Inforno's CD during aoe phases so I think something like this could work. Fire Orb 45sec CD Casts a stationary flame orb in an area that pulses X,XXX fire damage every 2sec for 10sec. Casting Fire Orb again causes it to detonate orb for XX,XXX and daze all targets for 3sec. Each pulse of flame orb has a chance of resetting your inferno blast CD. I could see a lot of uses for this in both pve and pvp. Covering for a flag runner, peeling for a healer, while adding another CD to manage on boss fights. For trash it could add an interesting dynamic of when to detonate it versus wait for inferno blast procs. Anyway I'll try out frost this week - I'm expecting good things. ^^ (p.s. I can't wait to actually get into beta...) -D^tDominia1 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 DPS help! I am a returning player from the Vanilla days. I had a lvl 60 T2 frost mage and I remembered loving it so much so I decided to use the scroll of resurrection and restart another mage at 80. I have since made it to 85 and have decided to use fire as my main PvE spec and have been running constant HoT heroics. My problem is, that I am catching a lot of criticism from other players in my group that I am performing sub-par on the DPS charts (and I am not talking about just trash, but bosses as well). From what I have been studying in guides and what not, I have been making the proper changes to my gear and what not, but I feel like most of the problem is from player error. I have been nonstop practicing on target dummys but I can never maintain that type of playing in the dungeons where most bosses require constant mobility. I usually start out throwing out Flame Orb if off CD, scorch one of the mobs and then start a LB rotation until I get 3 and then start spamming fireball until Hot Streak procs and then I will use Pyroblast and if Ignite stacks over 20k I will use the Combustion macro. From what I have been reading, this seems to be the norm. If on a tougher boss, I will pop Mirror Image and maybe around 50% I will pop Time Warp. Like I said, this is all depending on the situation. Is there any other spells I should be constantly considering during a fight? As of right now with my current gear, I am getting about 12k dps on a training dumy with everything off CD. Am I on the right track? Is it just a sense of needing practice or is there something wrong in my formula I am not catching?Korgy3 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Need Critiquing. Heroic Arcane. I feel like my total damage done as well as dps are lackluster. I look at the logs and see that my time dpsing is about 10-15 percent lower than most everyone. Other than that, and a missing shoulder enchant, what all can you see from my armory as well as: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h9hilzcgtxcvrpii/analyze/dd/source/?s=2389&e=2799 that might be hindering my performance? Thanks.Konik5 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 predicted stat priorities in MoP (arcane) Mop has brought some interesting things to the table that may affect stat priorities for arcane. Predicted stat priorities. Int (by a reduced margin) Spellpower (this is only on weapons so it does not matter anyways) Haste (most of the changes affect this so it now should lead ahead of mastery no matter what) Mastery (no noticeable change in the value of the stat unless compared to haste) Crit (still the stat you want to avoid, period) Now here is why haste has gained so much value. 1. AB stacks no longer reduce casting time, so it is now pretty much impossible to cap. 2. Mana regen per sec now satcks with haste. This means that haste no longer devalues mastery by making it less effective (losing mana faster). 3. With all specs having dots arcane can hit haste plateus to increase damage. 4. With arcane charges lasting 6 seconds it is theoretically possible to keep a 4stack through an evo and then contiue casting AB at 33.33% haste (35% to account for latency/lag). Therefore giving arcane a very effective sigle target burst that it can sustain as long as necessary (with invocation talent) helping to make up for the loss of it's extended single target burst potential due to insane mana cost of a 4stack AB (9% I think?)Tynstert3 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Frostfire bolt okay so I don't know where this spell will end up in mists but it is one of my FAVORITE spells with an awesome effect and it gets no use other than brain freeze procs in PVP. In addition it used to be semi-valid for fire pve but in 4.3 you buffed fireball and not frostfire bolt making the use drop even lower. Fire mages used to have a choice but even post 4.3.2 weakened fireball we take close to a 15-17% dps loss and it makes me sad. All it would take is a damage buff that would allow it to match the dps of a fireball as main nuke rotationThaynos2 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Fire Mage needs fiery help! My ilvl 392 I know I need shoulder enchants and epix gems,, I usually end up tops on LFR but seem to fall short on normal DS, I've ran my char thru mr robot and wow reforge an I'm getting two different set of numbers, any help will be appreciated!Mcshort0 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Looking for some advice I do not really understand how to take logs and compare them to see what I am doing wrong, I feel like my DPS is really low in terms of gear and for a fire mage, I would appreciate it if someone would mind taking a look at my logs and see if there is any way I could improve my DPS. I know I dont have all the best gear. Here is the log of my last run: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/623cm457g8teffl1/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses Appreciate any input or help everyone might be able to givePocketmage0 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Whats the haste cap for arcane Whats the haste cap for an arcane mage with their 2 set bonus from the new teir?Vanillapanda0 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 I just don't know how to mage! I've made a few mages before, even got one up to 80 during Wrath of the Lich King. I absolutely love the class, but I'm absolutely clueless at how to play them effectively. Right now I'm working with a frost spec. When questing, I usually open with using my Water Elemental's freeze, then I cast Frostbolt, then pretty much hit whatever buttons light up on my screen until it's dead. I kinda actually do the same things in dungeons to be honest. I have a really bad feeling that there's something I'm just not doing right. Can anyone give me suggestions? End note: I also notice that while in dungeons, people that are similary geared (even if a lower level than me) can do up to 100 more DPS than I. I know it doesn't "matter" so much at lower levels, but it kinda bugs me out and I can't help but wonder why.Kaspre2 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 I need transmog help. So I'm tying to put together a transmog set, and I'm having an issue. I've been farming for a Nightsky Cowl, but I have yet to get one. The drop rate is pretty low, and from what I've read, it mostly drops in SM. Is there any other helm that looks like this that's easier to obtain? I'll keep farming, but if I could do some low lvl quest or something, and get one, it'd be so awesome.Kayarc3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Fairly new to fire mage; a few questions PvE Hello everyone, I recently levelled this toon to level 85. I geared up with an Arcane Specialisation, however grew quickly tired of the Burn Mana/Conserve Mana phases (Arcane Blast/Arcane Missiles) and switched over to Fire. I usually play an arms/protection warrior and wanted to ask a few question concering time windows, abilities and reforging/enchanting. 31-Tier Talent: Living BombI am aware that I am supposed to apply at the beginning of the fight and keep it up consistently, nevertheless am I supposed to renew it before it ceases or am I to wait until it has dropped and then reapply it? Mostly asking because as an arms warrior I have to keep an eye that all debuffs remain active in the encounter (three sunder armour, rend, etc.). Scorch or Fireball?noxxic.com states that Fireball is my default ability when there are no other abilities available (cooling down, blocked, etc.). Yet isn't it more efficient to use Scorch due its lower cast time, consistent Critical Mass debuff, mobility and no mana cost? What's the deal with Critical Mass?I am aware that is increases my critical strike chance with spells by 5%. I know that a Hot Streak Pyroblast refreshes the buff but I have noticed in LFR that it likes to randomly drop off for (to me)no apparent reason thus I found myself continuosly reapplying it at times. Are there any other effects which replace the fire mage's Critical Mass debuff or what was wrong? Noxxic.com stat priority/enchantment misinterpretation?The author of the fire mage PvE guide "states" that mastery enchants for gloves and boots are the way to go >>>ALBEITH<<< I quote: ... I used the 50+ Haste enchantments available for these pieces for the stat priority states "Intellect > Spell Hit 17% > Haste > Crit > Mastery". I used the Haste one since it felt as the casting lacked momentum. Am I relying too much on the guide or do I have to rethink the used enchants on my gear? (So far I haven't had the gold for the staff enchantment or the necesarry reputation for the shoulder enchantment.) Apologies if things might be unclear or hard to understand; I am not a native speaker. Thanks.Phenakism3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Haste VS Crit So I got my 2pc T13 now, and just went to reforge. However I am getting conflicting views about what I should be gearing towards. I was under the influence I should hit 1505+ haste rating, askmrrobot however for example says to stack crit not haste, rawr wants me to stack haste 100% and has me fall around 1900 rating, WoWreforge also says to stack crit and leaves me with 986 haste. The only thing saying to hover around 1505 haste is the reforginator addon.Leminus3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Fire mages: unlimited stuns etc.... Maybe it is just me, I am wondering why Fire mages have unlimited Stuns, interrupts, and immobilization? I have now seen 3 different fire mages doing this. It is like their cooldowns for all these are set perfectly so it is unlimited. Well, unlimited until they run out of Mana. Grant it, I do not have a mage, so i don't know. I just wanted some clarification on this. Yes, I am a holy pally, and yes I do have plenty of "get out of jail free" cards. But when all of those are used and I still get stunned, interrupted and immobilized non-stop from one fire mage. There has to be something wrong there. I saw it happen to other players as well. Is it just me or has anyone else seen this happening?Zzedd11 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Trinket dilemma Hello fellow mages, I just have a quick question. In PvP am I better off with 2 "on use" Trinkets or 1 on use and 1 with a proc. Meaning have one cataclysmic on use and one ruthless on use. My rogue friend and I were discussing this and I would just like your opinion. Thanks.Skoubis0 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Question for Fire Mages (PVP) I'm sitting with 1 piece cata, the rest ruthless. I am wanting to switch to fire for pvp but I was wondering if it would be better to wait until I can get full cata. Does fire take a while to really shine, or can I still be successful with my current gear. BTW I do not do arenas, just random BG's and soon RBG's. Thanks to all who reply.Bàrrick3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Frost pvp questions I dont seem to do much dmg, Im a fresh 85 and purchased craftable gear. Im hit capped and i purchashed the honor cloak with SP. Im hoping its just my gear and it will eventually change. My rotation is fb -->FoF proc-->DF-->IL-->FFB with BF Ive been doing some research and some people say crit and some say mastery. Which stat should be reforged? Also, Ive noticed a lot of mages are engineers? Are the glove enchants usable in arenas and is it worth leveling up? Does it make a difference?Vexel0 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 395 Mage wanting more dps. Critique me Take a look at my profile, and let me know what I can do to pull more dps. I'm averaging 24-26k dps in DS, but my guildies are all averaging 28-34k, and I'm always lowest dps. We down the bosses with no problem, but we're trying to go for heroic modes now, and I want to squeeze out more dps to help them out. Look at me, don't be nice. If you see something that needs fixed or changed, let me know. I know I don't have shoulder enchants, they'll be on the way soon. I mainly raid as arcane for the 3% damage buff, but I can switch to fire if it's better. Tips?Zadax12 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Noobie question! plz help I know this is such a noobie question but i keep running out of mana in dungeons, how do i keep from doing that?Kornkilla4 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Quick question about PVP frost mage: As you can see i'm only level 69, and I'm pvping to get HP for the pvp gear at level 70.....I wanted to try PvP out as a mage(Seeing as some people say it's op usually...me maybe being one of them) but....Any suggestions on how to pvp well as a frost mage? what spells should be more available then others I'm a HORRIBLE mage as i know only one spec well and that is only in pvp(Arcane) But i respeced and glyphed so i could try. (You'll be able to see gear and spec when I actually log out xD)Draconicfire3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Leveling an Arcane Mage Hi all. I've been scouring the forums looking for information during the leveling process and haven't found much other than "Go Frost". I was wondering if someone could give me a quick lowdown on just the simple facts as I level to 85. I'm actually going Arcane as I'm leveling with a Hunter guildie. And right now, at level 40, I've been told to pretty much Arcane Blast spam, Arcane Missiles when proc, Arcane Barrage for up close and personal killing blow. At what level does this change? I know at such a low level I don't really have to worry about going oom on AB spam because things tend to die so quickly anyways. Also, I am using the Molten Armor at the moment, at what point do I go Mage Armor? edit: Posted on Priest instead of Mage >.<Adynah11 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Need help Hello i am really confused on what the hit cap should be and what is the the other stats needed i do between 7-8k dps in a bot trash run but i seen other mages less geared do more them me also suggestions on what gems i should use also thanks Any info will be greatly appreciated hagden Hagden5 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Mages Unite for 5mins (25 Mages vs Onyxia 25) This impromptu event was held on Area 52 through trade chat and real id friend. The video here: http://youtu.be/aZGl0iNim9o Forever a lurker here and wanted to share this moment with the mage community. Although it was short, I had a blast ;)Shinrakurisu9 Apr 25, 2012