Mage

Oct 24, 2011 @ Monday You are not welcome here -_- Good morning friends.Chowbeatz1 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 Frost mage + Sub rogue 2s strategies? Heh, the only serious partners I've ever had were disc priests. I suck at staying alive, but I don't want to lose the damage from my pve gear :S Should I always premed recup? Anyway, I'm pretty sure the kill order is similar, take turns with CC on a focus target, and burst the other one down. But I don't know in which order we should use our CCs, and idk if any of our CCs share a DR. Do you have any tips I can give my partner as well? @85s Even though I'm 70, it's basically the same thing, don't be afraid to put in your two cents :PAcoustic2 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 leveling So I'm just coming back from about 8months off of wow and started a mage for fun. I have all the heirloom gear minus the helm. My question is, is frost still the best for leveling by a pretty large margin, or has arcane become better just because of dmg output? Thanks for any help that you can offer.Pillshere2 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 Arcane stats. Does it go. INT Hit Mastery Crit Haste Just hit 85, and I looked on the Mage PVE guide and he gave kind of a vague detail of priority.Turgent1 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 Quick Question Im getting my guilds next Runestaff, only 700 Cinders away. Would the Runestaff be better than what i currently have?Fízzled5 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 So I did my first cata raid last night. And I have one quick question. I haven't done any pve this x-pack, so I'm a bit oblivious to what the good "numbers" are. I was able to spike to about 25k DPS and settle around 19k-20k. I have 3pT11 and some random heroic gear and some pvp pieces in my pve set. Is this acceptable for raids like BWD/BoT? What do I want to be seeing before I go into FL? Thanks pve mages <3Xiun19 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 How to play a mage? Is there any good guide on how to play a mage while leveling? Spell rotations and such? I know there are plenty of good ones out there, but I need some specific help. I have an 80 mage that I leveled in the very early days of Wrath. I haven't really played him since. Thus, I don't remember much about how to play a mage, especially with patch 4.0 hitting and changing everything. I'm not a n00b to the game. I play my shaman often and well, in my opinion. I just need some mage-specific help. My current spec is arcane (with my second as frost), and I recall liking arcane. I also like what I've heard about arcane in cata, but I'm open to a respec if that's easier for leveling. I know newbie questions can be infuriating, but I appreciate any help you can give.Gragrak8 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 What to do with Impact when it procs? I'm a fire mage and most guides only mention hot streak procs but not impact procs, should I just ignore it and keep applying living bomb/spam fireball? Or should I release it asap like hot streak?Manpuku3 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 @dishmayhem I'm about to /dance at you in twinpeaks. get ready for it.Jimraynor1 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 mirror images question (glyph) does the frostbolt from mirror images slow? and if glyped, would their fireballs cause hotstreak to proc?Mindwrack4 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 Frost mage + Sub rogue 2s strategies? Heh, the only serious partners I've ever had were disc priests. I suck at staying alive, but I don't want to lose the damage from my pve gear :S Should I always premed recup? Anyway, I'm pretty sure the kill order is similar, take turns with CC on a focus target, and burst the other one down. But I don't know in which order we should use our CCs, and idk if any of our CCs share a DR. Do you have any tips I can give my partner as well? @85s Even though I'm 70, it's basically the same thing, don't be afraid to put in your two cents :P Acoustic0 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 some questions for arcane rotation ok i duno why my toon is a male. but anyway ive been really horrible on my arcane mage. so far my gear is correctly gemmed and enchanted, i use food sometimes too. thing is my dps is really bad. im used to playing caster, i have a lock and spriest, lock takes a lot to do before casting, dot dot dot channel stuff etc sort of the same w/ spriest. so w/ my arcane my brain is probly trying to find the complicated styles. basically what i do is arcane blast till im the middle of my mana then i do arcane power and my mana is up again and im doing more dmg after that i can use my mana gem then arcane blast arcane blast i use my trinket too sometimes of course i pop my mirror image when im done w/ using arcane power im kinda confused as to how other mages do it perfectly. i have significantly high dps on my lock and spriest, i understand them completely. if you see a mage doing low dps pls try to explain or give a better remark than "so and so % dps as a mage? pathetic" btw i leveled as an ice mage and was perfectly happy w/ it , but i had to respec cause i dont pvp on 85.Debbiedallas1 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 frostjaw so really i wanna know what do you pvp mages out there think of this? loosing cone of cold and ring for a 1.5s cast that roots and silences for 4s. not sure if it breaks on dmg on not but either way to me cone of cold seems infinitely more useful with its short root and slow since we still have polly and counterspell. im just looking to see what peoples general opinion on this ability is out of curiosity and weather people think it would be worth loosing cone of cold for it.Morphaz5 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 Suggested changes to Arcane Shield Hey guys, I thought I'd put in a suggestion for arcane shield. At the moment I run Fire mage in pvp, I'm just not a fan of frost, nothing against frosties. I do find that that frost shield giving the same damage absorbsion as my shadow priests pw:s is totally legit however, I do find it a bit unfair that they can weave in arc shield on top of that. The problem with arc shield is that being fire, or arc, u only have a 6k shield, where as frost had 18k plus arc shield. What I propose is that when speccing frost, fire or arc, arcane shield should change to a frost shield for frosties, a fire shield for fire mages and stay as arc shield for arc mages but give it a boost. Maybe fire shield could burn enemies when they attack. Frost shield slows and arc shield could possibly slow them as well. I was wondering what the mage community thinks of this idea. Any input would be greatBalthamel2 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 RMP vs MLS Having a really tough time . please help? whats really screwing me (and my team, as RMP) is the interrupts >.<. I cant get anything off without being CS'd , Spell locked, windsheared, Grounding, or impact stunned. I usually have no problem juking a CS or Spell lock, but if i sit there and try to juke every interrupt.. things will come off CD before i get anything out.Jimraynor4 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 Horde Mage What is the best race for horde mage?Gearbreaker3 Oct 24, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Frost mage vs subt rogue I know it's always said that 1v1 doesn't matter or something along those line but I was just curious how frost mages out there do against subtlety rogues in a 1v1 situation?Littlehoof1 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Torment the Weak in MoP With the elimination of all talents that everyone took (the ones that increased damage), and Blizzard saying that those talents will now be incorporated into the specs when chosen at level 10, how do you think Blizzard will incorporate Torment the Weak into the Arcane spec? For instance, when Cataclysm came out, Blizzard announed they were getting rid of many of the must have talents that everyone took and incorporating them into the spec as a whole. Everyone used to take Frost's Precsion Talent that gave 3% hit and Arcane's Arcane Focus that gave 3% hit also, but those were removed in Cataclysm and Mages hit was not boosted by 6%, nor was the hit cap reduced. We still had gear for 17% hit, but the loss of those talents hurt us heavily. Another example was Arcane Subtlety which reduced threat generated by 40%. When Blizzard removed that Talent along with the hit Talents they said they would roll threat reduction into the Mage class, instead what we got was a stupid amount of threat and Tanks unable to keep their mobs under control when Mages DPSed. Since Blizzard's past action of "rolling must have talents into the specs" just means they're going to remove them out right and not bother with making them baseline, does that mean Torment the Weak will be gone completely and make having a slow effect on a mob completely pointless to increasing damage done?Sethmann4 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Switching from pvp to pve... As the title states, as soon as I hit 85 I grinded bg's and did some arenas. Got full vicious and then ended up leaving my last server due to Tol Barad issues. But now I am kind of burned out on pvp. I have played for many years and usually was always a pve guy. My question is my pvp gear beats out the gear that would drop in heroics. How should I go about gearing for possible raids? Reforge my pvp gear to be hit capped for heroics and Zandalar and just throw pvp gear in the bank? As a tailor I can craft some 359 epics. It just seems weird down grading to get geared for raids lol. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks!Kreanin4 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 PHD defeats MLS now we will see more PHD poping out of every where making mage life harder DAM U JungyupMithbem5 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Possible new spell animation for 4.3 Since Shamans, Druids, and Warlocks got some you think maybe we Mage's might get some new looks for some of our really old looking spells. Like Blizzard, or Flamestrike?Filther10 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Why am I so bad? I just rolled a mage for the first time. I was expecting crazy DPS out of this toon but I am always at the bottom of the damage ranks when in groups. I've never been a DPS char before. What am I doing wrong? Is it just my gear? I'm just looking to level fast so I'm not really paying attention to gear ATM. I realize I'm only lvl 20 but I still feel my lack of damage dealing is telling me I'm doing something wrong.Deepthought5 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 2 piece T12 or 4 piece T11? I have 2 piece T12, and an extra piece of 378. I also have 4 piece T11. (Replacing the T12 and 378). Which should I use?Burñout1 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Best leveling spec What is the best leveling spec for mages?Taintedsoulx0 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 what am I doing wrong? Arcane Mage I see everyone complaining about mana loss as an arcane mage but I'm never dropping below 90% mana and I'm following the rotation. AB to a maximum of a 4 stack, use ABar to clear the stack and restart if no AM proc occurred. If during the AB stacking you gain an AM proc, clear the AB stack with AM on either 2,3 or 4 stacks dependant on when it occurs and your current AB cast has completed. Flame orb when its up and mirror images on boss fights. What am I missing?Tokidokì7 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Cookie Cutter Mongering? LOL, I like to make my threads emit a SECRET message to others, to in turn carry them back to the bly devs, but in this case I will pretty much only be able to do it in the TITLE. I am referring to the MoP talent changes, for those who do not know (LOL, or care). And I just wanted to take a moment and compare my notes to bly, in regards to how mages make choices for spells/talents/skill/abilities/gear, or put in terms bly would say, form the "cookie cutter" mold. So, I made this handy little function for the bly devs, based off my perspective of mages, having played one for about 6 years. The function is in C#/SARCASM format. void Main() { ..CookieCutter Spec; ..foreach (THING in Mage.SkillsAbilitiesGearTalentsSpells) ..{ ....if (ShouldMageChooseSkillAbilityGearTalentSpell(THING)) ....{ ......Spec.Add(THING); ....} ..} } bool ShouldMageChooseSkillAbilityGearTalentSpell(THING) { ..if (THING.HasNoConsequenceToMage) ..{ ....// Pffft, choose it. ....return true; ..} ..// Getting here means if mage chooses this, they get hurt. ..if (THING.WillIncreaseRangeWayMoreThan40Yards) ..{ ....throw "bly EXCEPTION. LOL, dream on..."; ..} ..if (THING.WillIncreaseDpsALot) ..{ ....return true; ..} ..if (THING.WillIncreaseDpsSome) ..{ ....if (THING.WillRangeSuffer || THING.WillEnemiesBeAbleToCloseGapFaster) ....{ ......return false; ....} ....return true; ..} ..if (THING.WillEnemiesNotBeAbleToCloseGapAsEasily) ..{ #IF WOW.VER < MoP ....return true; #ELSE ....throw "Mages are now melee with flashy fists and Monks can hit 12 yards away with bare hands. Enjoy!"; #ENDIF ..} ..if (THING.AreLocksAndSPriestGimpedToo) ..{ ....return GoTryOtherGameMaybeComeBackInSixMonths(); ..} ..if (LOCK.Range > SPRIEST.Range) ..{ ....GoRollLock(); ....return false; ..} ..if (LOCK.Range < SPRIEST.Range) ..{ ....GoRollSPriest(); ....return false; ..} ..if (LOCK.Dps > SPRIEST.Dps) ..{ ....GoRollLock(); ....return false; ..} ..if (LOCK.Dps < SPRIEST.Dps) ..{ ....GoRollSPriest(); ....return false; ..} ..if (RollRandom(100) < 50) ..{ ....GoRollLock(); ..} ..else ..{ ....GoRollSPriest(); ..} ..return false; } Noixi6 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 2 piece "firehawk" bonus deadly Well, I looked and didn't see another post on this, though I'm sure I'm not the First Mage to die at the idiocy of his "Mirror". So I would like to QQ just a bit about this, short and sweet. Why does my set bonus attack on its own? It has agroed mobs to me in firelands, and on the Molten Front. I have died of this great Bonus several times. Do any other mages have Idiots for Mirrors, or is mine the only moron one out there ?Sinlana9 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Another Arcane Trinket Thread I've been having awful luck on getting Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor due to bad drop rate RNG, and have two others to compete against based off a 1 mainspec item per week /roll loot system on 10 man. Currently I have a handful of trinkets to pick from, but I still find myself displeased with mix and matching them properly: Figurine - Jeweled Serpent Rune of Zeth Theralion's Mirror Moonwell Chalice Bell of Enraging Resonance Stump of Time Both Rawr and Askmrrobot rate Figurine - Jeweled Serpent+ Moonwell Chalice as my top two picks, but i see other mages combining many other trinkets together and ditching the blue with at least a 359 for Intellects sake, despite what sims say. I tried to used simcraft before but I couldn't figure out how to compare items and eventually gave up learning how to use it. I never went ahead and bought Darkmoon Card: Volcano at any point and it's still selling fora whooping 13k on my realm's AH. Any suggestions are appreciated.Emmry1 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Thoughts on Living Bomb in the talent tree Letting all three Mage specs having access to living bomb doesn't feel right. LB has been a fire exclusive thing for a while, letting frost use it is just...wrong. Instead of having Living Bomb, I think that something like "Magic Bomb" or something that changes with the spec you're in would be really cool. It would change effects to reflect the spec you're in. Living Bomb: damage dot/bomb + increased chance to be crit by the fire mage. Frost Bomb: Slows the target for a small amount, and causes that person to explode with icy shrapnel if critical'd by a Frostbolt. Enemy players bear the "detonated" player would then be frozen and take damage. Arcane Bomb: Applies a debuff that deals AoE damage at the end of a duration depending on how much magic damage the target suffers during its duration. The more damage you take, the more the bomb detonates for. And that's my creative moment for the day.Felixphaeton3 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Frost Mages are Insanely Imbalanced! Frost mages are imbalanced- I know why frost mages are imbalanced- What I want to know and be told is how they are not imbalanced but in fact the most balanced class in the game why I should stop QQing and reroll my own mage so that I can be perfectly balanced too. And while we’re on the subject of balance let’s talk about how warriors are imbalanced and need another nerf.Nêrêûs24 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Returning mage w/ PvE ?s Hi all! I've started playing my mage again and I had a couple of questions regarding arcane. I've gone through the EJ Arcane Mage compendium as well as the sticky at the top but it still left me with some questions. First off is flame orb. How often do we use it? I've seen a few mixed posts about it, some saying on CD and others only mentioning using it at the beginning of the fight. Second is MI. They don't fit too well with our standard rotation since the CD is one minute more than Evo. Do you guys just pop these on CD? Third is stats. I was looking at some 7/7 HM mages and they seemed to be stacking Haste and Mastery equally, while other mages are stacking more mastery than haste. And last is trinkets and where to start. Right now I'm still stuck with sorrowsong, but I just picked up Soul Casket because of it's sync with our burn rotation. Where do I go from there? Thanks a ton for helping me out, here's a link to my mages armory! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Agnah/simpleEsoda2 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Can we make wands off-hand usable? I wanna duel wield wands.Slaeyn0 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Entire Talent Tier Based on Polymorph ..Really? Most of these tiers feel like things we should be given baseline anyway. And in some cases they were already. I dunno, I guess I feel a bit cheated. Mage T4 Mana Shield is one of the options? =( T5 talents Polymorph all of it for a level 75 talent tier? T6 Slow, Dragon's Breath, Blastwave. Why those for level 90? seriously those skills? CoC, or RoF available at level 15 when RoF was introduced in cata baseline for everyone and everyone had a non rooting CoC. The only semi interesting talent choice I could see switching based on what fight mechanic I wanted to take advantage of is in Tier 2. Compared to other classes I feel like we got alot more taken away then gained.Ceratisa10 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Arcane redefined With the new expansion forthcoming, this seems a good time to rework the Arcane spec to be a battle-mage/mage-tank spec. Please. edit: primarily, I'd like to be able to actually use my weapons when attacking.Vollkommen5 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 first mage, help please? i have just created my first mage. was womdering what the preferred spec is for running dungeons and PVP. all advice will be taken seriously. thanks in advanceOuchthtburns3 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 water elemental not attacking Can someone tell me how come my water elemental not attacking? Is there a bug or something? also, what's the macro to summon water elemental and pet nova? thanksKaduceus2 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 Arcane Missile making a comeback. The past few patches brought Arcane Mages and Feral Druids that are two button classes, any plans to make sure the Monk isn't easy like those classes/specs? AoE rotations weren't a big focus at first, we want to make it a little more interesting. Arcane mages do have some mana management gameplay, we are adding back Arcane Missles to their rotation.Zensa4 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 23, 2011 need help on improving my dps I am doing around 15k-17k on a test dummy and i feel that it is to low for my gear level. Any advice on improving my gear or spec will be appreciated. My rotation is burn phase every time evocate is gonna be up when i reach 35% mana between burn phases i just keep my mana above 90%Powahmove3 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Pick your talents Yea, I know these aren't locked in and all that jazz but just for fun :P http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/talents_mage.jpg Frostjaw Cauterize Arcane Flows Blazing Speed Heavy Polymorph Dragon's Breath Of course which one's i pick will all depend on what i'm doing but in general the talents seem to be aimed at pvp. Spelmasta14 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Frost Mages are a Little OP. Hello, I think that frost mages are a little OP. I want to take a look at the common points mages use to defend their class. Game is not balanced around 1v1. Oh? I thought thats why feral druids lost their removal of snares via shapeshifting. Witch brings me to the next point. Get a pealer. I thought blizzard said they didn't want any hardcounters even in a 1v1 situation, so why is it a frost mage will always beat a warrior in a 1v1? Getting a pealer means a frost mage IS a hardcounter to warriors. Here is proof. http://www.xwde.org/?p=129 I will list other points that I see a lot in this thread or forgoten about. I think the nerfs to frost mages should only be minor, mainly enough so they aren't a hard counter to warriors any more. Suggested nerfs. Reduce the time improved cone of cold freezes a target by 2 seconds. Make shattered barrier only freeze targets for one second. Fire Blast removes all frost snares. (This won't apply to fire mages.) Give Ice Lance a 2 second cooldown when used on a frozen target or a target that is considered frozen. Make Deep Freeze remove all the frost mages snares from a target. Make Frostbolt remove Deep Freeze from the target Hopefully these nerfs are minor enough not to make frost mages underpowered, but enough to give warriors a chance to defeat them. Tell me what you think.Maxboison122 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Why the new talent tree is fine. Hello.I want to talk about why the new talent tree for mages is fine. I think the reduction of their already large utlity will be helpful in pvp. So I will give my view, keep in mind this is from some one who thinks mages needed a nerf, with that bias in mind here is my thoughts. Tier 1 - RoF, CoC, Frostjaw (Mages losing some of their control, based on whats picked, I feel this is possibly the most vital change for the entire mage class. I would even recomend making Frostjaw baseline and putting Frost Nova where Frostjaw is now instead.) Tier 2 - Greater Invis, Cauterize, Cold Snap (No real nerfs to frost mages here, I predict they will pick Cold snap.) Tier 3 - POM, Scorc, Arcane Flows (Arcane flows seems like the choice a frost mage will go with, a ponetial buff to them, to possibly compensate for less control.) Tier 4 - Mana shield, Blazing Speed, Ice Barrier (Mages losing some of their defensive abilities, I think this will help balance them.) Tier 5 - Polymorph trio (Heavy Poly looks to be the one that Pvp mages will pick, this one seems fine to me.) Tier 6 - Blastwave, DB, Slow (My opinion with this is that Deep Freeze be placed where Blastwave is now, to help balance mage control.) This is a view of the new talent tree from a non mage prospective. Maybe this will help mages understand how other classes feel about these changes and why these changes are balanced.Maxboison5 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 4 pc T11 > 2 pc T12? I've currently got T12 legs + gloves, and a set of 378 shoulders to boot. Does the T11 4 pc bonus outweigh this significant gear upgrade? I know that it was better than 1 pc T12 1 pc 378. Opinions?Corkyy1 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 see you guys at 85! I hit 82, and my gear is decent enough to be competitive in the 80-84 bracket, so I will be BG'ing my way to 85. finally! Thankyou Yazzil, JimRaynor, Dubinsky, and Xiun for all your advice. Once I start pvp'ing at 85 I am sure my question volume will triple. <3Dishmayhem23 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 CRAZY Arcane Dps... I'm not an expert on mages here, besides playing one and pvping for fun, so I don't know the in's and out's. My buddy and I were just doing an AV and as usual, we went to knock out Balinda. As a pvp spec'ed arcane mage he did 52k on her.. is that unusual? I've seen high numbers on single target bosses and all that, but never that high. About 10 seconds after the fight, his account was locked automatically by blizzard due to suspicious activity. I'm here to ask, has this happened to anyone that reads here? I've tried to run searches on this particular situation but haven't found anything about arcane mages being banned for anything. Using mostly PvE gear, only a few fireland pieces.. Anyone with any real information on this would be greatly helping me out here. Thanks!Cinner4 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Tier 8 - Ulduar 25 Anyone have some boots that look good with this set? They don't need to strictly match, but I would like some with actual models and not just colored socks. The Spellslinger's Slippers, from tailoring, are close but the colors are wrong. Boots of Blasting go pretty well with T8-10, but the t8 25 is proving more difficult to find matches for.Vollkommen0 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 So they gave Warlocks--an Ice Block Only this time, they can move around with in. Niceeee. Oh ya, and they are apparently buffing Demonic Portal....Soon to be better than Blink. Niceee. This is so lame.Vatìcan8 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Lets vote on our next conjured edible. I'm pulling for WAFFLES. or BLUEBERRY MUFFINS. If waffles then the icon better have a bunch of syrup smeared all over the waffles. mmmTrailed34 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Got My Mage To 85 And Not Enjoying It I had a pretty fun time leveling my Mage. Getting the upgrades between 80 and 85 was pretty enjoyable. I did noticeably more damage every couple of upgrades, even between 272 stuff and 308+. Now he's level 85 and I feel pretty weak. His gear's not amazing. Something like a 330 item level. But, I'm so used to swinging lead pipes on my Frost DK that my Mage feels very underpowered by comparison. And I'm not talking about the gear difference, even thought I'm sure that's a huge part of it. My Mage is Arcane. I follow the burn cycles and trinket popping and got my Hit to 6% for 5-mans and blah, blah, blah. My Arcane DPS really sucks on trash. At my gear level, there's like a 1k DPS difference between AB3 and ABX without popping cooldowons. All the damage is in the cooldowns. This makes for some particularly craptastic trash DPS. And on bosses, if the boss dies right around the 3 minute mark, my DPS feels sluggish because I was only able to fit in one burn and I need a second burn to keep my DPS from averaging down into oblivion by the end of the boss fight. My DKs workhorse CD, Pillar of Frost(coupled with Essence of the Eternal Flame, also same CD) is on a 1 minute cooldown, which means that as long as I'm not stupid with it, I can pop it on trash. I don't seem to have this luxury with my Mage. I feel trapped between a rock and a hard place because I do crappy DPS with Fire and I've basically been told by the experts to no DPS as Frost. Are my concerns valid or does Arcane scale almost exponentially with gear? When I genuinely execute my DPS cycle I can pull 15k with a 336 item level. Edit: Also possible that playing WoW all day long has temporarily fried my brain. Also noticed that a ton of the 346 bosses "challenge" you by taking away your ability to do damage to them, giving u crappy windows of opportunity, instead of mechanics that will eat your soul if you dont pay attention but let u keep doing damage. ZG and ZA seems a bit more forgiving on the windows of opportunity. TL;DR: ZOMG! @ Mage CDs not syncronising well despite needing to be stacked all at the same time every 3 minutes before Evocation. Too much of Arcane's damage is in the CDs, making trash DPS awful for me.Egeria6 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 This is so unfair... Again, we get screwed over in the next patch. Only a FEW buffs. This is ridiculous. For too long Blizz has been ignoring mages and putting us off to the side. This unjust action will only result in my cancellation of WoW inevitably if Blizz does not fix this. This is horribly unbalanced and if this is not fixed by the next patch I will cancel my WoW and get other people to rally with me. Im tired of being ignored as a mage and always getting the CRAP end of the deal compared to other classes. This sickens me. I hope for your sake Blizz, that you fix us horribly broken, useless mages. Or im taking my $15 elsewhere.Øbscure28 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 [PVP] Frost needs a nerf NOW Crazily stupid overpowered spec that needs a nerf, way too much damage and way too much control. Stupidly crazy shatter combos that mince characters in full ruthless gear, total dominance and control over all melee. If frost nova, deep freeze, icy veins, ring of frost, ice block or frost orb wasn't enough, why not pop cold snap and do it all again? Why not throw some insanely overpowered instants that crit for over 60k damage on 4k resil PVP players within a matter of seconds. Yep, sounds really fair. Oh look a mage - Ice lance, Ice lance, Ice lance, Ice lance, Ice lance, Ice lance, Ice lance, Ice lance, Ice lance, frost nova, deep freeze, "you are now frozen colder than the Antarctic", <insert crazily overpowered shatter combo here>. You are dead.Skizzer3 Oct 22, 2011