Dec 1, 2011 Does Fire Require A Gear Threshold? Alright, I've got a freshly dinged 85 alt, and no one in my guild who plays Mage does any actual investigation on their class other than "here's what someone told me to press," so I come to ye for advice: Providing for the build up to and getting Valor/JP'ed out, is there a particular gear threshold at which Fire can be jumped onto? Just from a cursory glance, I'm hesitant about going Fire without a respectable crit percentage for Hot Streak purposes. Can someone elaborate if there's a general ilvl area or crit/mas/haste values at which they would consider Fire more "viable"?Elzam1 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 So 4.3 Fire Mages in PVP Did a TB last night and came up against a fire mage 1v1 .... where did my health go 0_0... You guys are scary.Tawamaka7 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Max damage vs pulling aggro How do you balance the two? I've been leveing this mage for about a month now, mostly in dungeons, and I'm having a blast doing it. Have had some fantastic PUGs for the most part as well. I'm starting to run into a problem where I'm trying to learn to effectively stack my DoTs and use combustion effectively I'm putting out a lot more damage than I used to (and I don't even have CM or LB yet) and I'm pulling too much aggro in some cases. This is usually once the trash is all dead and we're down to the boss. During the more common trash pulls I try to spead my fire arround to multiple targets so I don't build up as much threat with any single mob, and this seems to work well. But what do I do about the bosses when there's nothing else to target? I know pulling off the tank is bad and I'm certainly not doing it on purpose, but at the same time I want to burn that boss down as fast as I can. What I've been doing when I get aggro is to run it back or Blink to the tank and throw up Ice Block (that way the healer's not having to waste mana on me) until the tank regains aggro. Is that the right thing to do or is there a better way to handle/pace my damage output that doesn't pull aggro to begin with? I haven't been kicked over it, or even had it come up in conversation, I'd just like to know if there's anything else I should be doing to make the tank's/healer's job easier? Thanks for your help :)Hyli16 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 So the BIS neck, offhand, weapon and trinket are from either T10 or T11 content for arcane. GG blizz, way to put a bunch of off pieces on VP vendors and then forget to add a way to upgrade them to heroic gear.Indarys13 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 How good is T12 2piece? I am curious about how good the 2 piece for tier 12 is for fire spec.Tryndamere10 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 RAWR Is it me or this software suck ??? Really....I've been following what Rawr has been telling me for the past months but sometimes it doesnt make sense at all ?? Like this week I changed 1 gem on my gear and I had to reforge everything and put all my mastery into crit....after that, got a new piece and now I needed to go back to mastery and remove crit. 1 hour later I changed 1 trinket and now I had to go haste and crit and remove mastery....Or If I check another mage with almost the same gear and run Rawr on him, I have different stats... Is it me or this software has no idea what to do and just put numbers ?? Or maybe I have no idea how to use this software but frankly its not hard...load character from Bnet and Optimize...and maybe add raid buffs but thats it ??? Anyway please help me before I delete this stupid software.Alna8 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 New Valor Trinket good for PvP? Talking about the one with 380 haste rating, and an on-click use for 2300 intellect? I could see this being really powerful with DMC:V if procs are stacked together.Anatomist0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Stolen Time So, on the tuesday I got my 2 set bonus, shoulders from the LFR and pants from my guild's 10 man. I got really excited, because I wanted to check if Stolen Time would be a buff or a debuff, like Arcane Blast. I went to the dummy... and it is a buff, it is also removable. So... remembering our set bonuses... (2) Set: Your Arcane Blast has a 100% chance and your Fireball, Pyroblast, Frostfire Bolt, and Frostbolt spells have a 50% chance to grant Stolen Time, increasing your haste rating by 50 for 30 sec and stacking up to 10 times. When Arcane Power, Combustion, or Icy Veins expires, all stacks of Stolen Time are lost. (4) Set: Each stack of Stolen Time also reduces the cooldown of Arcane Power by 7 sec, Com bustion by 5 sec, and Icy Veins by 15 sec. So, I wanted to know, if after reaching 10 stacks of Stolen Time our CDs keep getting reduced. Or do we have to remove the 10 stacks of Stolen Time to make it able to keep reducing the CDs? Does anyone that already have the 4set already know the answer? Thank you in advance. (sorry about the bad english) Vivara8 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Fire vs Acrane I just got into a raiding guild and have a spot, I was just wondering what has the best dps in 4.3?Dedication3 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Did they fix living bomb and other fire dots? Are these still dispellable and if so when will this be fixed? Pretty huge gimp for the spec. I think they removed it because of derp dispellers who dispelled everything without thinking.Ebru2 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Lava walking for mages Where priests have levitate, shamans have water walking, rogues have Blurred Speed and death knights have path of frost- perhaps an ability for mages could be something similar, but for lava. The animation for path of frost makes it appear as if water were freezing beneath you, so the idea of an apparent hardening or cooling of lava beneath one's feet could be the cosmetic view for "Lava Walk" or something similar.Ironstomper16 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Transmorg Gear? Can anyone throw up some cool transmorg sets that you can purchase from VENDORS? I started late in the game and I don't have a lot of cool sets. I've been looking around in SW and DAL, but nothing is really eyecatching...Zadax3 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Question Insignia of the Corrupted Mind Just got it today. i'm havin some problems with hit and tryin to get haste cap. Would this trinket be worth keeping or get something I can reforge with? I dunno what else to do. I got problems with hit so any advice or suggestions would be greatly helpful. Thanks! For fire spec btw : )Yavanoa5 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Arcane Mage: Crit vs Haste Trying to find current information/opinions on the stat priority for Arcane Mages. Primarily on Crit vs Haste. It appears that it basically comes down to preference. I know there is a Hit cap but is there an ideal percentage/cap of Crit and Haste an Arcane Mage should shoot for? Thanks in advance!Haiyle4 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Fire Mage Rotation? So im starting fresh with fire, ive never really played it. In PVE, what would my base rotation be? And should I reforge for Crit, Mastery or Haste?Razael4 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Happy with Frost 4.3 After the patch fell, my 10 man guild did, LFR to get a feeling for the bosses, before we went into it, in our 10 man group. I womped out newly respeced fire mage as frost, then when we went to our 10 man, whomped him again when he went back arcane. He is more geared than I am, this makes me currently happy with the place that Frost is, when I can still top meters over other dps including more geared fire and arcane mages.Gamdwelf20 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Just a friendly fire mage question. In your opnion what trink would be better for fire? The rune of zeth from the avenger's of hyjal rep stuff or the Necromatic focus trink from Baleroc? I know mastery isn't THAT great for fire haste/crit being better but would the intel on the Necromatic focus be worth more than the rune? Also forgive me I don't know how to link items on the forums still new to all this stuff.Sendordis0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Tier 1 Recolor Bug So before the patch I picked out what set I was going to use for transmog and decided tier 1 was a good look. I didn't want to farm the vanilla raids for it so I decided to go for the tier 1 recolor from outland dungeons. The only problem is mage-collar of the firestorm is bugged on goblins and worgens and shows up as the original tier 1 color instead of the recolor (see armory page) making the set mismatch. Not a big deal but just wondering if blizz was aware of the issue.Deceax2 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Help with fire trinkets Hello - new to fire and looking to figure out which of my bad trinkets are the best two! Currently using DMC:V and Moonwell Chalice - the DMC is reforged to hit and I am hit capped so assuming that's one of the best two, the other trinket can be reforged to haste. Vibrant Alchemist Stone Mithril Stopwatch Moonwell Chalice Darkmoon Card: VolcanoJehfee5 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 3 sec cast for armors They better make Warriors and pallys stuff have that too if this goes into MoP.Nolifeisme13 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Mage Armor Reminder Hey guys, Does anyone know any addon that reminds you to put on certain mage armor. IBlinkz8 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Is good to switch out these for Foul Gift? Should I switch out one of these trinkets: DMC: V or Mithril Watch for the Foul Gift of Demons Lord as a fire mage?Wörgénfrêman5 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 T12 4p Question For a fire mage, how much of a dps increase is the 4p? And is it worth it to wait for 2p t13 before switching out any pieces?Tjäle1 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Trinket Help I dont know which ones i should use i have 3 also im Arcaneéy0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Fire trinkets Can anyone tell me which trinkets i should use before i jump into my raid? i currently have: VPLC Rune of zeth Necromantic focus volcano deck moonwell chalice. Thanks in advance :) PS. these are all normal not heroic trinkets PPS. i have 2016 haste, 16.83 Hit, 25.63 crit and 12.71 mastery.Curiousmkjur10 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Fire v Arcane So which one is the better spec? Fire have lots of buffs and right now my offspec is free. Used to be frost for pvp but going to see if fire is worth the switch.Jeadget0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Mage on Mage violence I used spellsteal on a slowing falling mage today He went spat between lm and bs Sorry...Azazale13 Dec 1, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Fire buffs worth coming back? I don't want to gear this toon if I have to be arcane in order to get into any raids..Glintash10 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 4.3 arcane trinkets? I can't trust rawr because it seems to be bugging. It isn't even listing H:VPLC and to top it off VPLC is listed as higher than SOW? Also does anyone know that's simulated it when to break the T12 4pc bonus?Spelmasta0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Mage Orc vs. Troll I have noticed most high end raiding mages are Trolls, but I was wondering why Orc wouldn't be better? As a Moonkin we are forced to be Trolls, but Spell Power is far superior than haste. Wouldn't spell power be a more beneficial stat to mages as well, instead of the casting speed? Orc racial is also 2min CD vs 3min CD for Troll racial. ThanksHaids3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Item priority with JP? Hello all, I have a freshly dinged arcane mage who is currently JP capped. I was wondering which items you guys would prioritize when purchasing items with JP? There's the Firelord's Leggings, Robe, and Gloves. Soul Casket (trinket) Band of Secret Names (ring) Melodious Slippers (feet) and Haunt of Flies (back). Thanks for all the help!Lala8 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Cone of Cold in the next expansion? You know, Cone of Cold can freeze with the Improved Cone of Cold in the talent tree. But, CoC will still be able to freeze in the next expansion? I couldn't find any talent tree for the next expansion but just 6 spells that we can choose.Tirege4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 <Suggestion> [Fly] I was thinking, why can't mages get a new spell for MoP called [Fly] …which makes you …well, fly. :P Should work only out-doors, out of combat, has a 2 seconds cast time and it only lets you fly without a mount …trainable at level 60 requiring Expert Riding. Same as the druids but it should work like, say, when you swim or that Kael phase in MT when he sends you soaring through the room. Of course, upgradeable at level 70 by Improved Flying (spell still called [Fly]) requiring now Artisan Riding and later with Master Riding to fly at 310% speed. What you mages think …wouldn't it be fun? :D PS: I don't currently own a mage (only a level 8 but that doesn't really counts), but i was thinking it would be a cool option.Vindor8 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 coming back to wow...please help So i haven't played in about 7 months and want to know how the mages are doing as far as pvp and pve? What is the best spec right now for both and what rotation are most people using with those specs? thanksDibe3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Fire mage macro Can anyone point me in the direction of a good link for some updated fire mage macros? Or leave a few in reply. It would be much appreciatedLeetknight3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 leveling in 4.3 would it be better to level as fire or arcane now that 4.3 has arrived? just wanted some opinions Rumm8 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Hit for Heroics Every time I get upgrade armor, my hit goes up. Reforging is not working for me any more. I have to keep old gear to keep my hit near 6%. So with all the new high hit gear from the new instances, is 6% hit still need in heroics?Fireaice4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Anti-Blink I want to be able to target anything and force it to blink backwards 12 yards. I want their camera to turn 180 degrees also. If it happens to pop them into open space, like off a cliff, then they should do a scooby run before dropping. *edit* cause my computer likes U'sTalthoss12 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Fire AOE Rotation Against groups (lets say 4 to 5 mobs), am I better off; 1) Dropping BW, then scorch/LB each mob individually, or 2) Dropping BW, then scorch/LB one mob and spread it via Impact, or 3) Something else? Once LB was added to my rotation and I learned could LB multiple targets I started trying to maintain LB on everything as much as possible... but I wonder if I might be better off stacking DOTs on one mob and relying on impact for the spread?Vw4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Fire and Dark Intent Is there an updated list of which specs are best to be the target of DI? I know back in 4.0, the winner was Spriest both for buffing the lock, and for the spriest's own increase in damage but now shadow has had their dot's nerfed as of 4.2, and fire has had theirs significantly buffed. Should we be stealing it from our shadow friends? Jimraynor4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Permafrost 4.3 With the recent changes to -Healing mechanics in 4.3 (MS/Monsterous Bite/Wound Poison) is there a particular reason why Permafrost's -healing debuff remains at 10% whereas others are now 25%? Sarzzleg15 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 So...impact is not spreading the love? I have not been fire in awhile, first run out of the gate and I see Impact is not spreading Living Bomb or anything for that matter. I saw people have been talking about this not working since about 4.1 .... so I am thinking a "fix" is not coming anytime soon. So is it worth putting the points into Impact at all?Shawnie9 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Rawr's telling me to go past 2005 haste as fire. I'm at 2225 haste now. Apparently it also wants me to reforge my Rune of Zeth to haste which would put me over 2400. I'm not sure if Rawr is correct though since other people have been saying Rawr is telling them to go for crit over haste. I don't use Rawr as a crutch to cop out from learning stat weights or anything like that. I'm very good at playing my mage. I mainly just use it as an easy way to keep myself hit capped when I get a new piece of gear instead of fiddling around trying to find the best way to do it myself, but I'm questioning using it atm if it's telling me something that's not optimal (which seems the case since I ran the optimizer 3-4 times in my current setup without changing anything and it gives me a different outcome every time). I admit I don't know fire's intricacies nearly as well as arcane. Kuizeeni4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 10-man mages, Fire vs. Arcane I'd like to start by saying that I much prefer playing Fire to Arcane, and I always have. But, in a 10-man setting, people need to consider what buffs they have available, and what they bring. If you are the sole source of the 3% damage buff (No Ret Paladin), then realistically you probably should still be Arcane. Fire sims slightly better, yes - but the gap in mobility between the specs has been severely decreased, and 3% damage scales extremely well. Had a shortish raid last night, quick 6 down, and the only fight I sort of wished I hadn't been arcane on was when my mana got sucked down to zero when warp/cds were popped. But that was a case of us going in blind, and timing things wrong, realistically. It's great that we have a real choice now between all three specs, even. Just reminding people to consider the fairly unique buff arcane brings in a 10-man setting, where Ret is pretty rare. If you don't have a warlock, and you run caster heavy despite that, Fire can be viable even without the 3% damage buff, though, I suppose. I guess I'm just saying not to immediately leap on the bandwagon without considering your own gear and raid, and what that entails. Tons of mastery, very littlle crit/haste? Yeah, Fire's not going to be as good as you're hoping.Voxx2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Thank You Blizzard Thank you for making Fire spec viable again. Much love. email me and let me know who to send the cakes to. Fire spec was made so awesome to play for this xpac, it's great to be playing it again. TY BlizzSlatra1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Fire Mages (4.3) Hi all i had a few questions on fire mages after the new patch. I was wondering what everyone used as their rotations and what stats were most important. I am new to Mages and I played arcane before the patch and was looking for something new. Is fire comparable to arcane after the changes, or is arcane still on top for raid DPS. Any answers are appreciatedSamthemage11 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Dear Santa! Buff mages. We know you love frosty stuff. So extra buffs to that PLEASE.Yanzina2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Fire vs Arcane Ive just recently started PvE again and with the new patch and the buff to fire i was wondering what spec is better Fire or arcane? and which ever one is the best of the two what is the rotation, and how to keep from oom? thanksCapii2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 2 PC T13 vs 4 PC T12? Got my 2 PC in the LFR (lucky for once) and wondering if the haste is better than the passive increases of the T12 4 PC.Syrupdevil7 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 How does mastery work with arcane mages? Does the extra % kick in at high amount of mana or low amount?Xagger1 Nov 30, 2011