Website Bug Report

Forum Guidelines and Reminders Welcome to the Website Bug Reports forum! Please report any issues you may experience while using the new World of Warcraft community site in this forum. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth! Lylirra1
Oct 29, 2010
1m 2m 36m 1h
Report Post Function Bugged Since the change today the Report Post function is broken. I can select the report option and type up my description of the infraction however submitting it results in "Error Reporting" message. I have cleared cache and cookies Logged out and back in Windows 7 Firefox 47.0.1 (most up to date version) All scripts are enabled for bnet. Note that I do not have this issue on the OW forums which use the same software. Strawberries5
1h 1h 1h
Unable to roll need on mail pieces Wrong place. Sorry Ophunters2
2h 3h 3h
Official site takes me to europe Dear guys from blizzard I'm from Chile and I usually visit the site in spanish but, right now, worldofwarcraft.com is taking me to the route /es-es which is Europe's Spain site, and when I click on "forum" it takes me to Europe's forum which is wrong. I'm sure this will happen to many people, and it's because Google Chrome has "Spain Spanish" by default, even when you download it from latin america, so the site needs to use user's country as reference and not browser's, this was fine on previos game site but it's wrong in the new one. Greetings. Gulva6
5h
Issues I have with the new layout 1) Everything is gigantic. I understand it is likely for mobile friendly purposes, but holy crap...it's a little TOO big everywhere. Chrome saves zoom settings per site, but you still have to do that on all of your PCs/devices. I'm also not the biggest fan of someone being able to read the page I'm viewing from 100 yards away...WoW forum users aren't always the most professional of posters :P 2) No bread crumb navigation at the bottom. When you post, the page doesn't refresh to the top, it stays on your post (not a bad thing). But having to scroll up, hit 'home', etc etc seems unnecessary when navigation bread crumbs have been on your forums forever. 3) Transparency seems to differ slightly browser to browser, and the green part isn't the easiest to read on. 4) Parent forum thread listing page doesn't show most recent poster, just original poster. 5) You cannot get to the last page of a thread without clicking it unless you've posted in it before. And the fact that you've posted in it before is saved client side it seems, so if you go to a different device you don't get the arrow. 6) Guild names no longer show on toons. If someone is posting something so abrasive that it might affect the reputation of a guild, people are going to click to view the person's profile any way. 7) the mini sub menu on the bread crumb to navigate to other forums is gone. This means that unless you have a forum bookmarked, you have to look at the forum listing page where image links to each forum is like 300x500pixels each...again, more gigantic things. I do like the icons for each forum, though :) I hope the pruning of these things wasn't to fulfill some "forum goers fantasy" ideal someone has. :P The in-game pruning was rough enough! Dangerjosh8
5h 6h
Missing Forum Features So I noticed a few features missing from the new forum setup that I feel need to be addressed, or at least have their absence acknowledged, since they have an impact on Class Forums specifically. If this thread doesn't belong here, I'll happily move the conversation elsewhere. Renaming Threads I can understand why this may have been intentionally removed, however maintaining, say, class guides within Class Forums relies on this a lot, as its easier to just reuse a stickied guide's stickied state to ensure that the latest guide is at the top of the forums, rather than trying to get the old thread unstickied and the new thread stickied. For example, having written a 7.0 guide, I'd now need to make a new thread for a 7.1 guide because that guide now permanently says "7.0". I can't necessarily assume that new players or players looking for such content would look into a thread that seems outdated by virtue of its name. More an issue for already established guides, but given the amount of guides already written, especially in the Warlock forums, this is going to cause some unnecessary headaches. Requesting Stickies As far as I can tell there is no longer an option to request a sticky on a thread. Again, Class Forums have been a good source for guides, but without bumping threads and possibly having them deleted or locked due to forum rules, there's currently no way for us to ensure that players see that guide without breaking forum rules. This is going to be prohibiting when trying to make the Class Forums a good source of information since any helpful guides will fall of the front page in a day without discussion, which is uncommon for most guide threads. I feel like in the midst of implementing the new forum style, which appears like the Overwatch forums, that this may have been accidentally hidden, so I'm hoping that's a rather easy issue to address. Aldeen7
6h 7h 7h 7h 8h 9h 11h 12h 13h 13h 13h 13h 15h 17h 17h 17h 17h 17h 19h 19h 19h 19h 20h 20h 20h 20h
New website forum searching You really need to bring back the ability to sort forum search results. I really do not need responses from 2011 when I am trying to find information relevant to the current patch. And I am sure you have some hidden algorithm on your side that ranks the results based on what you find to be the most optimal posts but that does not mean they are what I am looking for. Please return these abilities to the website, as of now the forums are basically useless. Tripodpriest1
20h 20h 21h 21h 21h 21h 22h 22h 23h 23h