Moon Guard

Nov 22, 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft Realm Discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss happenings on your realm with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Bashiok0 Nov 22, 2010
5d Moon Guard Raid Progression, Redux Updated for Legion! The structure for individual guilds is thus: [Faction] Guild Name (Raid Mode / Difficulty) Emerald Nightmare Nythendra [A] Pact (M) [A] Ethala Zaram (H) [H] First Light (H) [H] Verendus (H) [H] Warforged (H) Il'gynoth, Heart of Corruption [A] Pact (H) [A] Ethala Zaram (H) [H] First Light (H) [H] Verendus (H) [H] Warforged (H) Elerethe Renferal [A] Pact (M) [A] Ethala Zaram (H) [H] First Light (H) [H] Verendus (H) [H] Warforged (H) Ursoc [A] Pact (M) [A] Ethala Zaram (H) [H] First Light (H) [H] Verendus (H) [H] Warforged (H) Dragons of Nightmare [A] Pact (H) [A] Ethala Zaram (H) [H] First Light (H) [H] Verendus (H) [H] Warforged (H) Cenarius [A] Pact (H) [A] Ethala Zaram (H) [H] First Light (H) [H] Verendus (H) [H] Warforged (H) Xavius [A] Pact (H) [A] Ethala Zaram (H) [H] First Light (H) [H] Verendus (H) [H] Warforged (H)Tsenzu459 5d
6d Moon Guard Roleplaying Connections In the spirit of Ayatan's intentions, I dub this thread that of RP Connections. For all your RP needs. Holding to Ayatan's stipulations via direct quote, please list the following. ... Original Sticky Below 6d
Oct 15 Moon Guard FAQ (by Kharnis) Orinigally posted by Kharnis: Please Remember: Ultimately you are becoming part of a community and that is defined by the sum of its parts. So help build and foster a better community for everyone. That doesn't mean server community. It means in the community you build with friends. Edit: Be open minded, welcoming, and remember to give folks a chance. Remember, there is a person behind every character and that sometimes people have bad days. Ultimately , make sure you enjoy yourself and allow others to do so as well. The game is big enough for everyone. Edit 2: However, there are some guilds and folks on Moon Guard you may want to avoid to make your time on the server enjoyable. Please feel free to mail me ingame or message me if you see me on to find out whom. You can also find players on tumblr for reference. This is especially important as there are some folks who are known to condone the use of slurs and are harass others. Harassment takes the form of slurs against lgbt, mentally handicapped and those of different racial background. Please do not hesitate to contact me so you may stay clear of something that may ruin your time on Moon Guard. Edit 3: Ignore the elitists and folks who tell you that you are doing it wrong. Ultimately, it comes down to enjoying yourself and finding like minded folks. Thanks to Eredis for suggesting this. So, you are thinking of transferring or rolling a new character here, are you? Good for you. Moon Guard is a great community, and because of the size of the player base you can literally find whatever kind of RP you're interested in. Unfortunately, if you're just coming here for the first time, you have no idea what's happening. No doubt, you have a few questions you'd like to ask about the server. Hopefully, this thread will help answer some of those questions for you. 1. How is the RP on this server? In a word: thriving. Both Horde and Alliance have players that are RP heavyweights. Even the raiders RP here, and some of them even RP in instances or raids. 2. Where will I find RP? This generally depends on which faction you are. Horde tends to be random RP everywhere in Azeroth or Outland. You could be in the middle of Hellfire Peninsula, and the chance is good that you'll be able to RP with a fellow Horde who just happens to be in the area. Alliance, on the other hand, tends to centralise the RP in cities, especially Stormwind. Some good starting points suggested by Avaryce are: Alliance: The Cathedral, Gilneas, (sometimes) Feathermoon Stronghold, Darkshire/Raven Hill. Horde: Fenris Isle, Brill, Sunshine Row, (heh heh) and the Drag. It's not an extensive list and there are downsides to all of them but if someone wanted to fling themselves on the mercy of the tides, it's a good place(s) to start. The Alliance tends to have more RP events than the Horde does. There is rarely a month that goes by that a major event isn't being run by an Alliance guild, and these events draw characters from all other guilds to participate. Alliance is more structured with the RP, which makes finding it a little easier and helping to make you feel as if you're a part of a real society. Horde, on the other hand, is chaotic RP that can really help to make your character come alive and make your playing time memorable as you interact with a variety of strange and/or wonderful people. 3. Which is better, then? That's up to you. 4. How do I find out for myself? This one is easy to answer. To find out, roll a character on each side. Level it up a wee bit first. I recommend to at least level 10. Interact with others, both in the world and in the cities. You'll know which side you prefer in no time. 5. Okay, what if I wanted to join a guild? How will I find one, and how will I know if it's the right one for me? To answer the first part, just keep checking these forums. Most of the guilds advertise here whenever they're looking for new members. As to how will you know if it's a good fit for you, there are really only two ways to figure that out. One is to read their advertisement. They will spell out what they're looking for, what their rules are, and (if they have one) a link to their web site. Really, though, the only sure fire way to find out if a guild is a good fit for you is to talk to some of their members, especially their officers. Talking to the people who are a part of the guild will give you far more insight into the guild's personalities and concepts. From there, you can make a more informed decision.Rumours96 Oct 15
Oct 11 Moon Guard Alliance Guild Listings FOR ALLIANCE GUILDS ONLY If you wish your guild listed, simply post the following information: ... NOTE: If you would like to make changes at any given point, please feel free to message me in-game via whispers or mail and I will happily update the information for you so we aren't cluttering this with frequent updates. I will add the date it was updated so you know how current the information is. If your guild disbands, please also notify me so I can take it down. We don't want people flailing about looking for a guild that no longer exists. UPDATE: NOTE: The guilds will not be in perfect order from when they were posted. Some posts have been longer than others and I want to try and fit them all in as best as I can, so, I'm more or less playing Tetris with them. No worries. Everyone will be added, regardless. :)Rennali365 Oct 11
Sep 17 Moon Guard Horde Guild Listings FOR HORDE GUILDS ONLY ((Horde guilds from the other thread will be brought here.)) If you wish your guild listed, simply post the following information: ... NOTE: If you would like to make changes at any given point, please feel free to message me in-game via whispers or mail and I will happily update the information for you so we aren't cluttering this with frequent updates. I will add the date it was updated so you know how current the information is. If your guild disbands, please also notify me so I can take it down. We don't want people flailing about looking for a guild that no longer exists.Rennali180 Sep 17
Sep 13 Roleplaying Resources Originally posted by Meinrad. This post is not regularly updated so use this as a quick go-to guide and don't shy from making a topic and asking for help if you need further assistance. I'm open to answering questions in-game as well if anyone needs some guidance. This thread is meant to provide links to resources on lore and RP addons for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (and soon to be Mists of Pandaria!). As there are plenty of threads asking for resources, it seems like a wise idea to have a post that will hopefully be stickied that lists these resources for players new and old to RP servers. Character Resources "The complete guide to roleplay in WoW" Aside from a few select things you'll find almost everything you could ever need to know here. Read it. Study it. Love it. It will help you. Name Generators (Original link taken from the roleplaying FAQ on the original WoW RP forums. Credits to Nycte for that.) Personality Generators (First link provided by Windwalksha) Development of a Character Have problems with developing your character? Take a look at this guide! A guide to Evil RP A guide for those exploring the evil and darker sides of their characters. For Argus!: A Roleplayer's Guide to Draenei Forsaken RP Guide: How I Learned to Love Rot How to roleplay a Night Elf (Thanks to Grulkar and the topics respective authors for the race-specific guides.) Role-Playing Uniforms and Outfits A guide on what attire to wear whilst roleplaying. WoW Roleplay Gear This blog has quite a few pages linked down the sidebar where you'll find a plethora of different outfits you can copy for a wide variety of different subjects. Icy Veins Transmogrification Guides Less of an actual "guide" and more of a 'mogger's resource for finding class-related sets and armour they can wear. Official Lore World of Warcraft: Game Guide This is the official Game Guide for World of Warcraft and contains a lot of information on the races, classes and factions of World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft: Expanded Universe The Expanded Universe section is filled with short stories with regards to the lore of the game, including a history of the world we play in. Lore Resources Wowpedia I consider this one of the best places to go for any lore questions I might have. All speculative information here is unofficial and is subject to change at the whims of Metzen. RP Addons Courtesy of Iriako, from page 2! TotalRP 2 An all-inclusive mod that allows extreme character descriptions, emotional states/buffs/debuffs, mount/companion names, personality indicators, chat coloring, NPC chatting, item creation, quest creation, sound effects, IC/OOC indicators, RP skill level, and language functions. Compatible with MyRolePlay's RP Flag functionality. MyRolePlay MyRolePlay is an alternative to TotalRP (and other similar addons), listed here to give you the freedom of choice over what RP addon you use. Like the rest it lets you find other roleplayers and set up character information such as names, history and appearance. MogIt A handy mod for trying out any transmoggable gear item on your character, with the ability to save a wishlist and find out where you can obtain that model. AddEmote A mod that allows you to creat custom slash commands and the resulting emote output string for all your toons, and also for your pets and minions. Due to the sheer size of the post, and the absense of foresight, this post continues over here! Sep 13
Jul 28 Role-Playing Uniforms and Outfits! Well, I'm one of them crazy people who likes to dress up like an NPC. So, I dug around for the perfect matches of NPC uniforms. I got a lot of these ideas from existing military role-playing guilds. Listed below are what I've compiled. Feel free to post your own uniform concepts and suggestions! ~ALLIANCE~ Human ...Maxen307 Jul 28
5m [DH-RP] Arming the Illidari. Greetings and salutations. This is Felsmith Liara. I invite any DH RPer who seeks to have a custom weapon made or a demonic weapon appraised by Liara on Thursday the 27th at 8:30 Realm Time. Location wise, Liara will be ICly on the Fel Hammer near the forge. She is well versed in the arts of smithing and engineering (Both Mechanical and Biological). Should your Demon Hunter wish to seek out the Felsmith, simply send a letter in game to Liåra (for copy and paste easy). She will be happy to gear you for the destruction of our demonic foes. Please note that if you are a Alturis follower, however, you will be met with a lot of distaste and possibly disgust. For any non-demon hunter who may be interested in her work, you may also send a letter (trying to convince her) so that she may see what it is that a mortal such as he or she may require. These events are probably going to be held the week after as well. So don't be sad if you are unable to attend the first. May your blades stay sharp, your wits ever sharper. (If you are not a DH looking for an excuse to know about Liara's existance, one may see her followed by an enslaved gan'arg or two carrying supplies to and fro to the Fel Hammer via a portable portal in Dalaran)Liåra15 5m
25m My First Impression of 7.1 :D >be me >young lad, proud ret paladin >walk home from class on patch day >get home >sit down on my throne >log into world of warcraft >big smiles as i glance over 3 fresh emissary quests >today is the day.png >do them 1 by 1, no fear >turn them in 1 by 1, no fear >dont open chests until i have all three >first box 820 blue mas/vers >second box 820 blue mas/vers >third box 820 blue mas/vers >i lean back in my throne >look over at my creaking ceiling fan >watch as the rope dangles from it >contemplate >i stand up >tear rolls down my cheek >unable to take anymore i whisper "at least it's not wod" >i finally end my sufferingMaymayz9 25m
55m Nighthold End Cinematic (Warning: Spoilers) Well, crap. As much as I've hated this X'era questline, if Illidan actually returns to his chaotic good/neutral position, the story is looking up for me.Thyndralon40 55m
1h [A-RP] <The Order of Saint Uther> Returned from the land of guilds put on the shelf for later, myself and friends have refounded the Order of Saint Uther, an old heavy Silver Hand RP guild. With the new Paladin lore and influx of people playing the class, we hope to see RP really rise up in this expansion and really sink our teeth into meaningful RP storylines with ourselves and with our associates and ally organizations. We are currently openly recruiting all Knight, Priest and Holy RP'ers as well as exceptions in certain circumstances. Below, I've shared a lot of the material I've written for the guild and over my approach on Silver Hand conduct for the purpose of showing potential applicants the IC depth we strive to offer, as well as afford others a point of reference for certain things perhaps not outlined in the lore. "In all things, paladins must reflect the Light, which supplements our strength. To strive to be divine for one of our kind does not mean we strive for godhood--we strive to be good in all actions. Although called upon to smite evil in these harsh times, you must always remember that it's aiding others that will truly set you apart from the other citizens. Compassion, patience, bravery--these things mean as much to a paladin as strength in battle." The Order of Saint Uther is a group of veteran paladins dedicated fiercely to the resurrection, preservation and efficiency of the Order of the Silver Hand in the wake of the return of the Legion's return. With the collaboration of previous select Knightly entities and the reformation of the Silver Hand follow Lord Fordring's death, the time has arisen for the Order to expand beyond Osrana and his closed circle of allies to address malevolent tides both home and abroad. In virtuous defense of Azeroth, the Alliance, her peoples and the Holy Light-- the Order will triumph. Founded on May 5th 624 K.C. by Master Paladin, Sir Ivay Osrana with strong support from other veteran Knights of the Silver Hand, the Order adheres strictly to the ideals and practices of the original Order of the Silver Hand and will not suffer corruption within its ranks. The Knightly Code ...Ivay69 1h
1h Class Hall RP Does anyone know of a collaborative, cross faction RP that is going on in the Rogue community via the Class Hall? If not, then I feel like we are missing a huge opportunity.Smaragd0 1h
1h 'Om Nom Noodles' is Open for Business What's that? Stormwind is long overdue for some real food and brew that doesn't taste like canal water? We agree! It's time for a higher level of cuisine in the human capital city. 'Om Nom Noodles' is a new RP guild operating as a Pandaren restaurant in the heart of Stormwind. A few food-loving, expat Pandaren have come together, some being Masters of the Ways, to offer authentic Pandaren cuisine to the locals. Interested in RPing as a chef? A waiter? A bus boy? Dream of running a noodle cart? Wondering what to do with all those raw ingredients and banquets you made to level your Pandaren cooking? Join us today. Head Chef Mailang is on the lookout for promising talent. All races/levels welcome. Our main restaurant (HQ) is in the 'Essential Components' shop in central Mage Quarter, across from the Blue Recluse beside the witch hat kids. Also, you can apply, find more details, and check out upcoming events on our website: < >.Mailang54 1h
2h [H]<R'lyeh Awakened> Recruiting Healers! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! MOOSE VICTORY! We are now 13/13 in HFC-H! R'lyeh Awakened is an experienced raiding guild that has been around since WotLK. Our group is dedicated, somewhere between casual and serious. We work through raid content at our own pace with a mind toward progression. Mostly we try to have fun! We're currently (redundantly!) 13/13 in HFC-H. Raid Times: Saturday and Sunday, both 7:30 - 10:30 P.M. server time. Currently Recruiting: Healers! Please! All others will be considered. Particularly those with Tank or Heal Off-Specs and Ranged DPS. Raid Requirements: Attendance: Raiders are expected to show up on time and maintain a 90% attendance rate. Progression becomes infinitely more difficult if we need to constantly pug to fill spots. Of course, the Real World intrudes, and we are understanding. If something does happen, please inform the GM or RL. Preparation: We expect raiders to be gemmed, enchanted, and carrying potions. The guild provides flasks and food. Beyond these things, Preparation extends to keeping up with and knowing your class through its various changes and looking up fights ahead of time so we aren't going in completely blind. Vent: Vent use is required during raid. You aren't required to talk if you're shy, but it makes explaining strategies vastly easier. If you're interested in setting up an interview and/or have more questions, feel free to contact me here, in game, or via my Battletag: Takshash#1532. [/b] [b]Takshash144 2h
2h Best insults So, I just had a really bad resto shaman tell my rogue I'll never be able to raid firelands. Why? Because I didn't stand in shadow gale in grim batol. ^o^ I countered with the fact that he stood in blitz, got hit by the elemental off of whateverhisnameisfelfirebolt, and ran oom in 5 seconds on every fight. He just kept calling me a noob. I thought his first attempt at an insult was pretty good though. After that it just got sad. I even showed him to one of my alts that actually has heroic firelands clearing done and he just told me I talk too much but that I was still a noob. ^o^ Point of the thread: So, what's the best insult used against you so far?Heartling81 2h
2h Dark Embrace - Edge Overwhelming UPDATE: 10/03/16 The Champions of the Illidari have come to open their trials to the newest generation of Elven blood. Few will survive this bloody crucible, but those who do will be armed with the powers to take vengeance on those who filled them with enough hate to twist themselves into a weapon of ultimate death. IC: The atmosphere of the twisting nether churns and boils, listless space filled with glimpses of void terrors from the great dark beyond. Formless shadows and spectrals of demonic spirits. Their wispy forms clawing and passing through flesh as their angry wails wrack the mind. Like emerald demonic wraiths willing to tear flesh apart but their incorporeal forms deny them such a delight. It will be some time before a new body will be manifested for them to possess and sent back to the front lines to rejoin the endless horde in consuming entire planets like a swarm of locusts upon rolling plains of wheat. An illumination flickers near her, like a train light growing larger and brighter the quicker it barrels through the tunnel. Jadefeathers arms swam amongst the endless sea of demonic spirits, as if swimming in a space of nothingness and against the current of void terrors sailing above her head. The light continued to grow brighter washing over her winged form pressed down in a forced gravity well until her bare feet touched down upon the gentle hum of felsteel. Passing through demonic portals, no matter how many times and no matter how much of a fortitude she has built up for traveling in them always lurches the stomach and turns her guts momentarily inside out. The Illidari’s burning eyes immolated under the obsidian cloth, flickering glow worms and flairs of demonic and arcane energy teased her spectral sight in a flashing kaleidoscope of disorienting colors. There was no need for her to turn her head to observe the other Illidari gathered in rest to her far right and left flanks. Her brothers and sisters of the hunt only raised their heads for a moment in alarm at her entry through the portal before turning back to sharpening their warglaives upon infernal whetstones, a cascade of jadefire sparks showering the floor - preparing for their next slaughter. The tips of her lengthened black toenails clicked against the steel, she could feel the sway of the Legion Monolith cruiser ship rocking within its levitation and the gentle vibrations of its soul fueled engines keeping it afloat over the blasted landscape of the shattered tectonic plate known as Mardum. A demonic world claimed in the midst of Legion Space, defiantly in the face of the Burning Shadow as if to dare the Eredar Lords and Sargeras himself to come and reclaim that which has been taken from them by right of conquest. The grinding drag of cloven hooves resound within the lobe of Jadefeathers sharpened elven ear. A broken passed by her on patrol, his lumbering body as gaunt and wretched as her own. The brokens back tendrils sway like a pendulum on a grandfather clock with every step he took. Carrying with him a large battle axe over his shoulder, it looked as though he could barely keep the weapon holstered upon his collarbone without falling over like a felled tree trunk. The broken reaver stopped momentarily to cough into a closed fist, wheezing and guttural hacking like a man upon his death bed. Spectral droplets of sapphire dot the rim of his fist. The Legion has taken much from him, his body twisted and decaying from the demons taint withering his body. While most of the other tribes seek a cure for the contagion, the most stalwart of the warriors have come to terms with their conditions, that they are dead men. The Elder Seer, Akama has denounced and forsaken them as the most evil and cruel of his ashtongue tribe but to the Illidari and disciples of The Great Shan’do, they are kindred spirits, lusting for revenge against the Legion that took everything from them and we will grant them the death in battle they wish. The Krokul payed his respects to her when her presence was made known to him, genuflecting his chiseled head forward as she passed by. The gesture was not returned. Following down the rampway into war room, the huntress passed by a naga Myrmidon, the scaled serpent's tail twisted behind him as his dorsal fins fluttered open. Forked tongue excavated from his squared shark toothed maw as the air hissed through his incisors. The Coilskaar yet still honor their pact, long after Lady Vashj death. Their loyalty to their queen, the light of lights beneath the tides is unquestioned. No one is sure why such a dubious pact was formed between the lady and the the Great Shan’do. In truth; the Illidari cares not who rules over Azeroth, so long as it is not done in the Legions name.Rayshal207 2h
3h [H] The Redfang Company is Recruiting -=Who are we?=- Hey everyone. First off, Redfang Company is a brand new guild, recently made with a goal in mind. That goal is to create a great guild and community. Thus, Redfang Company is born. Whether you're a heavy roleplayer, a hardcore raider, or a complete PvP nut, you're welcome here. The only ones who aren't are those who make themselves unwelcome. -=What do we want to do?=- In case it wasn't clear up there? Everything. The leadership have run the gamut of gameplay, from 5 day a week raiding, to 5 day a week roleplaying. If you're a roleplayer, we have a couple story arcs in mind that we've been refining for some time, to get the ball rolling. Some of our members are also working on making their own campaigns, which is highly encouraged. If you're a raider, we're going to be building a team. If you're a PvPer, maybe you can be our PvP leader. If you're something else entirely, join anyway. What kind of community would it be without people that are just social, after all? -=Who do we want?=- In fact, the only people we don't want are those who won't be friendly. Not everyone that likes to raid also likes to RP. Not everyone that PvPs is all that social. We understand that. As long as you aren't being rude or otherwise detrimental to the walks of life we host, then you're welcome to enjoy whatever you want within our guild. As well, at this time due to it being a new guild, we're keeping an eye out for members that will go above and beyond, with a want to help our leadership, as a member of our officers. -=What do we need for the raid team?=- Right now, we're only raiding casually. If you want to see Mythic Archimonde fall, we're not really the right people. However, we have players who are well-versed in various classes, even after the pre-patch. That which they don't know, they can find out. Currently, we run 2 days a week, just doing N HFC. These are on Sunday and Monday, from 8-11pm CST (Server time). Right now, we're good on tanks, but will consider exceptional tanks. We're also strongly looking for healers and ranged dps. Once Legion drops, we will be raiding more seriously, with intent to finish Heroic, and hopefully be doing Mythic raids. The possibility of changing days/times is also present. -=How do you join?=- Well, first you have to go to our website, submit to a background check, give me your social security and bank account numbers, and send me a video of you singing any song of your choice flawlessly, uploaded unlisted to YouTube. Alternately, you can just whisper one of our members, and they can direct you to an officer who would be happy to invite you. We don't have a website at present, although will likely be making one soon. Our preferred voice chat is actually Discord, which is similar to Skype, but much much better in my opinion, and anyone that joins us is welcome to be as active as they want there. Just /who Redfang, and we'll be happy to take you. PST myself, Fenroàr, Hakita, or anyone online if interested, or if you have any questions! Thank you.Sabríel43 3h
4h [A-RP] <The Unbroken> Tick, Tick, Tick. The sound of metallic ridges clicking along a smoothed board at a rapid pace beats hauntingly. A coin, odd, specific. A rolling coin. Click, Click, Click, the ridges never ceasing their endless, tireless barrage! The metal hard and unrelenting! Tick, Tick, Tick. Tick, Tick, Tick. In it’s wake, the ridges leave tiny tacks of blood. Dark crimson lines staining the smooth grain in the wood it rolls across. Click, Click, Click. Slower now, its pace hampered by the sticky tackiness of the blood that cakes its rim, that fills the spaces between the grooves. Tick... Tick... Tick. In a slowing, drunken pace, the time between the blood soaked taps begin to grow longer. Still and eager, the coin, now covered in blood, begins to quiver and shake. Blood wells and drips from the red-stained face of the coin. The crimson drops making the metal sheen like darkest night. The blood seems to flow from the coin itself and soon, that slow, jerking motion of the coin begins to elongate and speed up. Finally, in blurs of black, crimson, and glimmering gold, the coin spins! The spinning coin begins to turn and lose balance. A perfect, spherical orb of crimson and gold begins to tumble aside, the ticking ridges now becoming a slow, metal grinding spin. The blood begins to pull off the coin revealing three interlocking rings forever entwined and unbroken; once more the gold boss of the metal it was engraved on revealed and whole once again. Slowly, the rotations stop. The coin rests still and unmoving as the last drops of blood fall away and pool underneath it.Opalarie3 4h
4h [A-RP] <Eternal Star> Aliya felt a bubbling sensation rise from her stomach and into her chest, her cheeks flushing with warmth despite the cold breeze coming off the coast. A single foot dangled off the edge of the World Tree, Teldrassil, her silvery eyes gazing downward into the blanket of wood and leaves below her. Even so high up, she could hear the sound of the sea below her, waves crashing against the Great Tree’s shoreline. To her, it had sounded like the world was turning over in its sleep, never quite getting comfortable, never coming to rest. She brought her hands out for balance, the knee of one leg bending slightly as she zeroed in on her own center of mass, her body making slight micro adjustments to ensure she didn’t fall. There was a brief moment when she considered falling, how would things have changed? “Min’da, An’da…” She reminded herself. “Aliyara, Vani’ser… Liogrey.” Other thoughts flooded in, memories of all those she had lost, all those the Legion, the Horde, and the Undead have taken from her. Those that she was eager to see again in the Here After. She wondered how much the world would miss her, she was sure of her immediate family and friends, but in the grand scheme of things? Would it make any difference? How much loss and suffering has she been able to prevent in the last decade? Or has she only created more? The wind changed direction, creating a loud roaring is it brushed past the Sentinel’s ear. “JUMP!” Aliya felt her weight shift forward, that bubbling feeling rising further from her chest and into a ball in her throat. Her knee bent, as she fell to a squat, attempting to condense her center of mass, regain her balance, before falling backward onto her rump, supported by one of Teldrassil’s branches. She smacked herself upside the head, snarling in protest to her infernal internal voices. Aliya looked to her hand, her finger’s tangled with a thin, ghostiron chain, carrying a small locket. Jewelry, especially of this nature, was not something she wore in public. In fact, this particular locket had always found itself in a small Jewelry box on her night stand for safe keeping. She never opened the locket, she knew too well what she would find inside. Feeling a warm spatter of water hit the back of her hand was the only thing to make the Sentinel realize that tears now ran down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away, before someone unexpected could show themselves. It was not uncommon for the woman to cry, simply no one other than Liogrey ever saw it. In fact, it would be common place for the druid to see his love cry several times a week. Aliya wondered how he could love someone so weak, someone so thankless and so ugly. “I’m sorry.” Aliya said quietly, pausing as if she expect some kind of answer. There would be none, only a brief break in the wind, ushering in an unusual silence. Aliya couldn’t even hear her own breath before the wind picked up again, causing her legs to sway off the ends of the World Tree. Aliya stood, smoothing the black and blue colors of her tabard over her firm breastplate. Her hand lingered on the sigil of her order, the blue knot-art depiction of the World Tree, an eye seamlessly hidden in the entangled illustration. Briefly, she wondered what it meant, perhaps she should have long before she took the mantle of the Order’s leader. Perhaps she had always known, only now applying it to the image itself. She did not linger, spear in hand, she returned to the city, teary eyes hidden behind a look of hardness and fire. One that she was well known for.Akiyass2 4h
4h [A] Celestial Advocates PVE/Raiding/RP/PvP ... Celestial Advocates is looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our quest—to create a group of people who are willing to work together to achieve our goals. We pride ourselves on seeking to improve ourselves, our community of players, and our gaming community as a whole by questing for answers and being the best players that we can be. We aren’t elitists, and we aren’t afraid to take chances. Back in Wrath of the Lich King, when we first formed, we managed to become one of the top raiding guilds over on Silver Hand, nabbed a few world firsts, and created some lasting friendships that have stood the test of time. And now we’d like to invite you to join us in that endeavor. If you’re tired of the rat race, if you’re looking for a place to support your endeavors, or if you just want somewhere to call home, then please consider joining us here in Celestial Advocates. A Little Bit More About Us Over six years ago, we came together to put an end to the ravages of the Lich King. We tackled the threats of the coming Cataclysm, but then life reared its head, and CA settled into hibernation for a while. While a few of us kept in touch in real life and in the game, it wouldn’t be until the Legion arrived that the Celestial Advocates would rise again to conquer the challenges and evils of a world besieged. Our main focus centers around raiding and achievements. Back when we raided together as a team in Wrath, we got the Glory achievements for those who were willing to put in the time and effort to get them. It was a lot of work, but those accomplishments were something we shared together. And that is something we hope to accomplish again here on Moon Guard. Our core group is mainly out on the West Coast (PST;) so our play times are going to be a bit later than that of the rest of the server, as it is set in the central time zone. That’s not to say that we wouldn’t be interested in adding more teams to our group if there are people willing to lead and recruit for them, however—simply that for the moment, our current teams are based in the pacific time zone. Our current teams are: Late-night Raid Team (Tues. and Thurs. from 9 to 11 pm) -- Agnidev Social Events and Achievement runs -- Eylaea Role-Playing – Channyn and Cerril (In-Game: Monday evenings—some Wednesdays; Forum RP) We are currently looking for people to join us in these endeavors, as well as looking for someone willing to head up some guild PvP. As we continue to grow, we hope to be able to offer more opportunities at more different times as people step up to lead them. Where to Find Us and How to Join Our website can be found at: Please feel free to take a look around our site, and if you like what you see, please consider filling out an application, as well. We encourage anyone interested in joining to contact one of our current team leaders to get a feel for the guild and to ask questions. This will also give us a chance to meet you rather than simply having to go by the application process to get to know you. Agnidev – raiding Eylaea – social events and achievements Channyn or Cerril – role-play Driftr and Delphanae -- recruitment Please don’t be discouraged if we don’t answer right away, and please don’t hesitate to pester us if it seems like we didn’t get your first message. Often we are busy, and sometimes we’re away from the computer. That doesn’t mean we’re ignoring you or that we don’t want to talk with you; so, please just keep trying. And if in-game tells aren’t working, consider sending us a PM on the forums or even throwing an in-game mail our way. If you’re interested in starting up your own team with us, we encourage you to join the guild first and get to know us for a while. If you feel that CA is a good fit for you, and you’re still interested at that time, feel free to chat with Agnidev or any of the other team members if your ideas jibe with theirs. Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to get to know us! We hope to hear from you soon! For a few more details about the guild and its various teams, please check out the posts following this one, or come check us out at our site: -- The CA CouncilChannyn12 4h
5h PVP on MG? I'm thinking of starting a PVP guild since I haven't seen many around. I know this isn't a big PVP server but, I wanted to try and see if there was any interest on the forums. Or Are there any current horde pvp guilds?Vashtanerada12 5h
5h [A-RP Community] The Unwritten Fellowship Flyers are posted on notice boards all over Azeroth and beyond, each bearing the same beckoning: ...Eliraden4 5h
6h [A-RP] <Brotherhood of Clemency> ... .:IC Information:. ... The Brotherhood of Clemency is a religious order that sprang from the ranks of the Church of the Holy Light. It is composed of the lowest folk; Farmers, Tailors, Scribes as well as Bishops, Priests, and Knights and was formed in response to the suffering inflicted upon the small folk by various Crusades sanctioned by the larger Church of Light. The Brotherhood was founded by Patriarch Eric Shawston, a self-ordained Priest, to aid those who did not have the means to aid themselves. Now, the Order is lead by a serving council of Clerics and Knights who have all witnessed the suffering of others first hand. With the aid of the Brotherhood the small folk has been able to reseed and rebuild their war torn homes and lands. The Council's mission is to spread the teachings of its Patron Saint, Clement the Merciful, and forgive those that have done wrong in the name of the Holy Light, the Church, and their own selfish ambitions. .:OOC Information:. The Brotherhood of Clemency is roleplaying Guild on the server Moon Guard US and are stationed Alliance side. Our group does RP as a band of believers of the Church of Holy Light who broke off from your average duties in the Cathedral to serve directly where needed in Azeroth. Originally serving as a band of Missionaries, soon after the Legions attack they merged with the Brotherhood and began to serve alongside various other Guilds in their defense against the demonic attacks that now plague Azeroth. Our members serve on various organizations such as: The Council of Bishops, The Grand Alliance, and the House of Nobles.Qienna27 6h
6h [A] RP/PvE <Academia> Knowledge is Power Two small adverts was taken out in the back of the Dalaran Chronicle. In miniscule typewriter text the following is written: WANTED -- Educated individuals interested in teaching in their field of expertise. Individuals must have either a degree or real world experience. Must be dedicated to improving young minds. Please contact if you can teach the following: arcane arts, druidism, swordplay, archery, trade skills, history, literature, physics and science, astronomy, etc… Instructors earn a small stipend and free housing. No background checks. No Dark Arts. Delmirsta Black - The Black Tower - Tanaris - The Caverns of Time SCHOOL OF ACADEMIA is seeking talented young minds who are thirsty for knowledge. We are a free institution dedicated to excellence in education. APPLY TODAY ***** A thick, gold embossed envelope arrived today in the mail. Your name and address is written in precise, stylized cursive. It’s sealed with purple wax, pressed with an intricate embossed crest of laurels and wrapped with a red silk ribbon. Within the envelope is a crisp, expensive looking parchment with your name at the top prefaced with “dear”. Congratulations, your name was submitted for review. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to the School of Academia. We are a non-profit academy whom offer a diverse variety of classes and extracurricular clubs. We strive for excellence in order to prepare our students with the knowledge and skill to defeat forces who may oppose the Alliance. Attached are instructions to schedule your entrance exam with our advisor and professor, Delmirsta Black, along with a list of materials students will need for the school year. Sincerely, Headmaster Curmudgeon T. Crank On the next page: Please contact Professor Delmirsta Black addressed to Black Tower located in Tanaris - The Caverns of Time. For students this academic year you will need the following list of items. Textbooks are provided with each class. 5 long stemmed quills 10 midnight ink wells 4 leather bound notebooks with heavy parchment 2 sets of loose leaf parchment paper 1 measuring ruler 1 hour glass 1 set of heavy leather practicing gear 1 alchemy set Read our Guild Lore Ch. 1 RP introduction here >> -------------------------------- Who We Are Academia is a RP/PVE alt-friendly guild dedicated to providing a stress-free environment for players to meet other players both OOC and IC. We strive for a balance of activity and low-pressure. Choose your own level of involvement whether social, intermediate, or heavy. Our focus is creating player-lead classes and events that serve to either educate or socialize members, while continuing our overarching guild storyline. We welcome both new and seasoned roleplayers to our ranks, we just ask that all members strive to use proper grammar. Academia is a school led by a group of five NPCs, their story written in installments on our website. Their goal is to provide free, public education to the masses in order to defeat the Legion. Knowledge is Power! Our NPCs are not perfect, no far from it, Academia is run by academics and soldiers whom might have a somewhat spotty past. While exceptionally smart, these scholars don't bring the level of prestige of the likes of the Kirin Tor. We ask that members follow our simple rules in order to provide a safe, happy, and chill place for our members. How do classes work? We are currently searching for dedicated roleplayers to provide classes/lectures in their field of choice. Pitch a class to the GM to have it added to our degree plan and guild event. As a new guild, we will rely on club events until enrollment is up and professor spots are filled. So, anyone can create a club? Yes. Once you join and are promoted past trial, you’ll be able to create events on the guild calendar. Clubs are encouraged to focus on one skill or group. We do not limit the type of club you can offer as long as they are within the guild rules. Clubs can explore a variety of skills or focuses such as fishing, cooking, books, therapy, hunting, etc. It is important that you keep your clubs active and try to invite guild members and other players outside the guild to your clubs. Once you’ve lead a few events, you will be promoted within the guild.Delmirsta5 6h
6h [A-PvE] Hardcore weekday raiding <Ethala Zaram> About Us Ethala Zaram is currently 2/7M. We started out as a tight group of friends that not only wanted to clear raiding content but also wanted to have fun. We’ve been friends all throughout Warlords of Draenor and are always welcoming new friends to our guild. If you enjoy a good !@#$ talking and are a mature adult, then you will have no problem fitting in. However, with this content, we have expanded this concept to include a more competitive play style while maintaining its once core concepts. During Warlords of Draenor we went into some mythic raids and cleared 7/7M 4/10M and 5/13M. During Legion we plan on clearing it all and on time, while even trying for the possibility of server first. We are a little behind in EN because we didn't have a set roster going into it. We are only looking for that last person or two to finish us off before we step into mythic content. Raid times Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 7:30-10:30PM CST. We also do alt runs on Monday, not mandatory. What we're looking for We -need- a paladin or Priest healer ASAP With an addition of some DPS, listed in priority. Warrior Shadow priest Balance Druid Mage Warlock Rogue What we need from you Basic %^-*. We plan to be a competitive guild. If you can't guess what you need to be doing then don't bother contacting me. We don't do an application. Add me for an interview! Lazyboy001#1694 Scramble#1620Lyind8 6h
6h [H-RP Event] DotEM: GREAT HUNT WINNERS ART Summer has past and autumn is on the horizon. The winds grow crisp and cool, the leaves shift their colors to paint the earth vibrant and beautiful in celebration of another harvest season. The Tauren tribes of Kalimdor invite all races of the Horde to join us for the Dance of the Earthmother! Join us as we honor and aid our loving mother in the turning of the seasons. The Dance of the Earthmother is a ritual celebration that is performed at the beginning spring, summer, fall, and winter which includes the burning of grasses and herbs to ease the transition. The Earthmother has blessed us with a bountiful season of growth, and now, we reap the harvest with a grand feast and annual Grand Hunt. Where: Bloodhoof Village When: starting at 7pm (MG) / 5pm (WrA) Who: Event is open to all Horde brothers and sisters! Hosted by the Feathered Derecho Summit: Stonewind Tribe (MG), Thundermoon Tribe (WrA), Treehoof Tribe (WrA), Whitehorn Tribe (WRA), Windsong Herd (WrA), Wolfmane Tribe (WRA), Broken Horn Tribe (WrA) Schedule: Saturday Sept. 24th 7pm: Opening Ceremonies and Rituals The Stonewind Tribe will be leading this season's Dance. Join us as we pay homage to the Earthmother and thank her for a bounteous year of hunting and harvest! 7:30-8 Hunting registration If you wish to participate in this year’s hunt, you will need to sign up with Taeana-MoonGuard. You can pre-register by sending an in-game mail or at the event before the hunt begins! 8-9:30 Hunting / Musical Chairs Hunting: Hunting parties of 2-4 will be sent out to hunt beasts from across Kalimdor. The best hunters will be rewarded while the kills will provide the meat for the next day’s feast! Musical Chairs: The Wolfmane invites those interested in a more relaxed event to come and play musical chairs! Last person sitting wins! 9 Kodo Calf Roping For those interested in showing their strength in a different way rather than fighting, come prove your worth as you compete against other contestants in a battle of time! Show the world that you are capable of conquering the revered Kodo! 9:30-11 Scavenger Riddle Hunt Join us for a scavenger hunt, getting clues from riddles! Prizes for the first to solve! 11pm: Closing Ceremonies Gather around the ceremonial fire to conclude the first day of the Dance of the Earthmother! Sunday Sept. 25th 7pm: Opening Ceremonies and Rituals Gather again at the ceremonial fire to thank the Earthmother for the Hunt and coming feasting. 7:30-11 Storytelling (continuous) The tribes invite all to come and listen to stories, or share one of your own! This will be a continuous event, with everyone free to come and go as they please. 7:30-9 Cooking event / Drinking contest Test your resolve against the finest brews in Mulgore, Thundermoon's own home brewed mead, will it knock you off your hooves or are you tough enough for a second mug. If you fall early and need something to soak that up with, the Bluepaw will be hosting a cooking contest and of course, all that freshly prepared food needs to be eaten. 9-11 3v3 RP Brawl / Feast Do you enjoy brawling? Do you enjoy fighting alongside other combatants? Do you wish to prove your ability to defend yourself and others? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then enlist in the tournament-style three-versus-three brawl hosted by the Feathered Derecho Summit! Teams will be fighting each other in order to attain the title of Champions of Autumn, as well as rewarding prizes, including a hefty bag of gold. (( D20-style event. To sign up, whisper Kaliwah-WyrmrestAccord. )) 11pm: Closing Ceremonies Join the Tribes of Azeroth once again to close out the autumn Dance with song, dance, and final offerings to the Earthmother.Taeana15 6h
7h <SLASHRUDEATTITUDE> 1/7M, 7/7H <SLASHRUDEATTITUDE> is looking to polish up and finish it's core raiding group. We have a really relaxed atmosphere that gets as serious as it needs to be during progression. Spots are competitive, and we can trial you on a heroic run on our friday nights. Anyone is welcome to attempt a spot. We use Discord for our voice. Raid times: (All times are central US.) fri/sat, 10:30pm-1:30am sun, 8:30pm-11:30pm DPS Needed: Mage Shadow Priest Balance Druid MM/BM Hunter Having a healing offspec as a shadow priest for either disc or holy is extremely helpful and will get you the spot if you know how to play both well. Healers Needed: Disc Priest Resto Shaman Holy Paladin We have a tank spot open. Need somebody who would have an active voice in during raids and is experienced in main tanking mythic progression. Add Luma#1353, Tiranis#1898, Sloke#1418, Carl#1572 or Hotrod#11793 for more information or to try for a position.Màtt5 7h
8h Describe your backstory in the worst way. The title says it all. Give us your character's condensed backstory in the worst way you can explain it. Saw this prompt on a writing site of mine and thought it might be nice to have a good laugh. Saraniel Rosefeather / Vigil Aggressively h o m o s e x u a l Sentinel falls in love but Archimonde doesn't ship it, it's all Elune's fault obviously, so she runs away and joins the fel circus to become a master juggler of too much power and bad intentions. EDIT: Really, Blizzard censors? Really? I can't say that word? You know, it's not an insult. >.>Saraniel137 8h
8h WoW research - help a fellow player! Western Michigan University Department of Sociology Principal Investigator: Whitney DeCamp Student Investigator: Ryan Castillo Title of Study: Timelines and Trade Chat: Comparing Contextual Self-Disclosure and Perceived Social Capital on Facebook and World of Warcraft You have been invited to participate in a research project. This consent form will discuss the purpose of this study and will explain the necessary time commitment, the procedures employed in the study, and the risks and benefits of participating in this research. Please read this entire document carefully and feel free to contact the principal investigator if you need more clarification or have any questions, comments or concerns. We would like to invite you to participate in a study on the uses of various online mediums, such as online games, and how these platforms allow users to share different types of information and form relationships online. The results of this research may help us to better understand how popular forms of online communication influence users’ ability to both maintain existing relationships and forge new connections with other members of their online networks. We have decided to ask World of Warcraft (WoW) players to participate in this study due to the game’s large player-base and the many online WoW communities that provide opportunities for recruitment. Participation in this study will require completion of an online survey regarding both your use of World of Warcraft and general online involvement. This survey should take no more than 15 minutes of your time. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this study. Your participation is completely voluntary and you are free to stop participating at any time. Your responses will be anonymous, your name or any other identifying information will not be requested, and your IP address will not be tracked. Data used to analyze responses for any future reports will not include any identifying information that could trace your responses back to you. No one will learn of your personal responses. You may choose to withdraw from the study at any time and for any reason. While your participation is greatly appreciated, you will not suffer any consequences if you decide to stop participating. If you have any questions prior to or during the study, you may contact the primary investigator, Ryan Castillo at (442) 242-3302 or at You may also contact the Chair of the Human Subjects Institutional Review Board at (269) 387-8293 or the Vice President for Research at (269) 387-8298 if any questions or problems arise during the course of the study. This consent has been approved by the Western Michigan University Human Subjects Institutional Review Board (HSIRB) on September 1, 2016. Do not participate after September 1, 2017. Participating in this survey online indicates your consent for use of the answers you supply. I have read this informed consent document. The risks and benefits have been explained to me. I am above the age of 18 and agree to take part in this study. If you agree with these statements, please follow the link below to begin the survey. 8h
9h [H-RP] Bold Enterprises Bold Enterprises A Horde RP Guild On hero boards in major cities and settlements, posters with a golden compass rose emblem are posted. The following is printed out on it: ... Bold: Not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring. Enterprise: Boldness or readiness in an undertaking that’s important or difficult; adventurous spirit; ingenuity. OOC Introduction Hello everyone! Bold Enterprises’ main goal is to get the community together and strengthen it, as well as help those in need through a variety of ways. Whether that's making fun events for everyone to join and meet new people and make new friends, to aid those who are in trouble, go on quests and adventures, research and develop new helpful potions and devices, inform others on the latest going on through news, and much more. Overall, we’re a fun, friendly, and active guild that gets along very well with each other. We enjoy having fun, making others have fun, and try make the RP community a better place, even if it’s just with small actions. Anyone is welcome to roleplay and set events with us. If you have any questions, wish to join, or wish to collaborate on an event together feel free to contact Zepsi or an officer in game or in this thread. And just in case, if any members are ever causing a problem, whether it’s trolling, griefing, interfering with an event, or anything else that may be bad, please contact Zepsi ASAP. I will try to work with you and resolve the matter as soon as I can. Thank you for reading, and see you in game! Overview ¤ This is a RP guild. We also get involved with PvE and RP-PvP events and activities. ¤ Although this is a Horde guild, we do accept characters who are neutral or with no affiliation. ¤ We accept all races, classes, and levels (above 20). ¤ There is no primary theme. Meaning we’re not focused on business, military, cartel, mercenary, etc. Nor is it a Goblin only guild. We do however incorporate different themes and ideas into our guild, without focusing completely on one. ¤ This is not a place for evil or criminal type characters. ¤ We do a variety of events. From small private guild RP events, to large public monthly events, DnD events, getting involved with RP-PvP campaigns, PvE both old and new, etc. ¤ Bold Enterprises is not Zepsi’s business. However, Kola Kompany does fund the Bold organization. ¤ The guild is almost three years old! Yay! Requirements ¤ You need to be at least level 20 to join. ¤ You must fill out an OOC application first (found on our guild website), and then an IC one. ¤ Read, agree and follow our rules and guidelines which can be located here: ¤ The character you’re applying to the guild does not have to be your primary one, but we do expect you to be somewhat active. ¤ We do not accept characters who are criminals or do shady and/or illegal activities and work. ¤ Harassment, trolling, griefing, bad mouthing and bad behavior will not be tolerated. Please be respectful to others or at least be civil. Links: ¤ Guild Website: ¤ Guild Rules: ¤ Guild Forums: ¤ Moon Guard Wiki Page: 9h
14h The Official Cookbook. Mine came today! YAY! Got it off Amazon last week. It's a very nice book. Hardcover, 215 pages. Recipes are split into sections: Spice and Basics Sides Breads Soups and Stews Mains Desserts Drinks With a page on what recipes to pair to make Azerothian themed feasts. Recipes include skill levels and pictures. Included on the pages are WoW related drawings and descriptions. I can't wait to try out some of these. Ones that have caught my eye so far include: Beer basted boar ribs, Dragonbreath Chili, Fel eggs and ham, Savory deviate delight, Winter's veil egg nog and many many more. Highly encourage any cooks out there to look into this book.Shrilinda5 14h
18h [H] The Hand of Vengeance (Forsaken Only) Who and what -is- <The Hand of Vengeance> ? The Hand of Vengeance is the group of Forsaken forces that have been sent to Northrend by Sylvanas Windrunner to bring Undercity's vengeance upon the Lich King. Their method is the delivery of the latest strain of their deadly Plague. They have allied with The Taunka and the Warsong Offensive, under the leadership of the Horde Expedition, in order to oppose the Lich King. Due to the events that took place in Northrend, they are under constant watch, formally by the Kor'Kron Legion in the Undercity. Our guild has branched off from the original group in Northrend, and offers their apothecary and guardian services to the Eastern Kingdoms to help against the current war taking place. Though their technology and advances have previously been put on hold by the Horde, the recent uprising and rebellion in the Undercity and in the entirety of the Horde has once again left them free to make progress on, and experiment on their deadly, vile toxins. The guild itself expands from Northrend and Eastern Kingdoms, holding most of the guild only events in the familiar places such as Venomspite and Vengeance Landing.Seleste66 18h
19h [H-RP] <The Kor’kron Legion> ... >=Who We Are=< Start June 9th, 2009, the Kor’kron Legion has been a staple of the Moon Guard roleplay community, and we have tried to provide a fun, engaging, and safe environment for others since the day the guild started. The initial concept of the guild was to provide a ‘savage, Old Horde’ focused military guild with a RP and RP-PvP focus. We also wanted to encourage roleplay in the then emptier Orgrimmar. And finally we wanted to provide for a bit of friendly fighting against various Alliance groups and guilds. However, as the years has gone on and the situation in WoW has changed, we’ve evolved more into a pure RP guild, complete with D&D events, but still with occasional RP-PvP when possible. And while we still focus on orcs, tauren, trolls, and goblins as the core of the guild, we allow all races and classes into the guild. Furthermore, with the events surrounding and resulting from the Siege of Orgrimmar, our theme has evolved and shifted. Instead of largely subjecting ourselves to the will of the Warchief, the Kor’kron Legion is now positioning itself to be more protective of the Horde’s general citizenry, taking a guardianship-like role as a sort of redemptive arc. However, we are still based out of Orgrimmar, and may be occasionally found in or near-by the Hall of the Brave in the Valley of Honor. >=The Important Stuff=< Guild Website: Leader: Gargarok Co-Leaders: Suota, Vaknosh Officers: Splintze, Drakkosh Preferred Breakfast Food: Kor’krunch Cereal* *Membership within the Kor’kron Legion entitles each member to a single box of Kor’krunch Cereal every month, delivered on the first of the month. Kor’krunch Cereal is part of a TRUE breakfast with a taste of spikes in every bite.Vaknosh103 19h
20h LF RP Guild After 10PM Server or Weekends ^ Title ^ Experienced RPer looking for 'Late Night' RP guild or various shenanigans. RP Events need to take place after 10PM or on the Weekends due to personal commitments. :) Open to Alliance or Horde - And any style of RP so long as it is not lore-breaking. <3Bitti1 20h
21h Playing Catchup! Holy cow, it's been a while. Really enjoying the quests so far and have been bouncing around the city with a few old friends and keeping my head on the swivel for RP guilds.. and have come up surprisingly empty so far. Is everyone still busy with Legion? Is this sharding thing I've been hearing about having something to do with the lack of recruitment in the cathedral district that I was used to seeing a year ago? The covenant's been long gone, but poor ol' Aran still needs work and would prefer to stay out on the front, rather than back home. 'Tis the honorable thing to do, after all. Seen lots and lots of religious guilds, but very few of the ones that aren't that accept death knights! Anybody got some recommendations? ^_^ I'm more than happy to do interviews, fill out applications, the usual song and dance. Hello again! :DAran3 21h
22h What is the meaning of your character's name? In lieu of being able to play the game very often during this first week of Legion because of work, I thought I'd indulge my curiosity and ask people precisely the title of this thread. What meaning, if any, does your chosen name for your character hold? Or in other words, did you choose it for any other reason than sounding good? Alternatively, you could just say why you chose the name you did, regardless of whether or not it means anything, or perhaps comment upon a title if it is an important part of their name. Priapia here, for instance, is so called because of my unending fondness for the musical Spring Awakening, wherein Priapia is the name of the local artist's colony. The word itself is also taken in inspiration from Priapus, a Greek god of fertility and vineyards. It also shortens quite nicely to Pria as a nickname, which I find adorable.Priapia86 22h
23h <Embershield Protectorate> - Eternal Bulwark ... Question & Answers What is the Embershield Protectorate? A good question, my fellow forum goer! The Embershield Protectorate is a guild focused upon the aspect of neutrality, and the defense of Azeroth. We look for threats outside of the Alliance and Horde, as well as providing aid to the factions if it's needed. We're also a mediation group, acting, essentially, as the UN. We'll seek out war-criminals if there is proof or reports given. You're neutral? Are you part of the Argent Crusade? Nope! The Protectorate is its own neutral faction. Sure, we're allies with the Crusade, but, are not part of it. People have quoted our members saying we are, which, is false, as all our members know we are not Argent. So wait, what are you then? A group who wants peace, and the factions united together. We allow for all walks of life, be it an orphaned child, valiant knight, or a fel-slinging warlock. We've actually got sanctions in place for those who prefer the darker route to power, so as to prohibit accidental deaths via fel, shadow, necromancy, hemomancy and void magic. In terms of land, what is the Protectorate? While originally the Protectorate was but a simple group of baronies, counties and the like, it has since developed into a Duchy. We're also referred to as a Commonwealth, and, is what we generally refer to ourselves as. What about divisions? How do people choose where they go? That's an excellent question, and for that, I'll refer you to our recently updated Wiki Page, with constant updates every week!ìzàbeth30 23h
1d Rerolling LF guild Hello all. I am looking to reroll to MG and was wondering if there is an active/social/casual guild to join. I have never rp'd in wow, but I am intrigued by it and have enjoyed watching some rp before. MG was actually my very first server I ever played on. I have been playing off and on since the end of BC. What is drawing me back to this server is all the memories and great times I had with guild members in BC and wotlk. We were just a bunch of people that ran lots of group content together and had a great time doing it. It was an experience I have not had on any other server I have played on and I would like to find it again. A little about me. I am 32, have a full time job, am a mom and wife. My playtime are a little awkward now and that is probably why I am also having trouble finding a guild. I work in the evenings, so I am free to play late/morning, early afternoon most days. For raid times, the most optimal time for me would be 10:30-12:30ish on Friday and Saturday nights. I plan on rolling a holy paladin in the next day or so. If I sound like a good fit for your guild, let me know!Lucilee0 1d
1d LF Casual Friendly Guild (A or H) I don't even know if these guilds even exist anymore. I've been playing since BC and enjoyed the old days of when guilds got together and did dungeons/quests/fun events or even just talked. I've been on both sides of the isle as Horde and Alliance. Over the years I've tried pvp, raiding, and rp. I'm just looking for a guild that is mostly friendly and not so large you get lost in the numbers. I'm not set on either faction. I'm just looking to make some friends and enjoy the game again. I'm willing to faction change/server change or even do a complete reroll if there's a guild out there that resembles a family more than a grouping of elite jerks. If you know of any, please drop their name below. Thanks for taking the time to read the post.Erotav1 1d
1d [A-RP] Kaldorei Lunar Calendar Moons have a large significance in Kaldorei culture since Elune is associated with one of Azeroth’s two moons, the White Lady. Imaginably, the lunar calendar has some sort of importance to them. Full Moon: Meaning: Symbolic of the height of power, the peak of clarity, fullness and obtainment of desireEach full moon in a month has it’s own specific (restorative, outstanding) quality. Every month there is a day in which Kaldorei gather together and celebrate each moon. January: Xallvar The Moon of Unity Unity and purityWith a new year comes new beginnings. Xallvar calls for a time to drive out any evil influences, cleanse minds of negative thoughts and attitudes, such as anger and jealousy, or any addictive behaviors. White candles are lit beside small bowls of water, then the vice of choice is written down on parchment which is later burned upon the candle. February: Astrahe The Moon of Two Halves Duality and Polarity (Shadow and Light) (The Mother Moon and The Night Warrior)With shadows comes light, they cannot exist without one another. They are two sides of the same coin. Both Priestesses of Elune and Sentinels work underneath Elune to preserve balance. Under the full moon, Kaldorei of all trade are gathered to celebrate the similarities and differences of their own culture and of Elune. March: Yseralla The Moon of Alternation Trinity of the Rabbit, Wolf, and Huntress (birth, life and death) Kaldorei have a sacred duty to protect the world like Elune did, no matter if they are a priestess, druid or sentinel. This means bringing balance. Rabbits must be killed by wolves so that they won’t eat all of the grass, and wolves are killed by Kaldorei so that they won’t kill all of the rabbits. The cycle of birth, life and death is one that is natural. Under this moon, Kaldorei celebrate all the stages of this cycle through a glorious feast with berries, meat and fine wine! April: Eludore The Moon of Blossom Growth and blossomNature is sacred to the Kaldorei. The growth and blossom of plants is beautiful. Under this moon, the Kaldorei gather together and each are to plant a seed within the vicinity of wherever they are meeting. Then they come together to plant a tree blessed by Druids. May: Farhal The Moon of Pride Competition and honorThe Kaldorei are no strangers to pride. Different families and Orders gather beneath this moon to compete in a series of friendly competitions such as saber racing and sparring tournaments. June: Sellistre The Moon of Gratuity Favor (gifts and boons)A time to offer up gifts to the Mother Moon as thanks for her guidance over the countless centuries. Artisans and craftsman put aside time to construct objects that represent each of their skills. Huntresses gather fruits and berries, as well as hunt down great prey which the Priestesses bless. All Kaldorei gather underneath this moon to praise their Goddess for the strength and wisdom she had shared with them. Afterwards, there is a small feast. July: Quel’Asta The Moon of Admiration Lunar fertility, dreams, etheric linkDreams are a powerful tool for reflection. Kaldorei join underneath this moon to celebrate the link to dreams. Druids adept in maneuvering the ways of walking between the waking world and the one in which they slumber lead an exercise which those gathered partake in the consumption of Dreamleaf. August: Mennare The Moon of Harvest Gathering To celebrate the last month of harvesting crops, the Kaldorei gather underneath this moon to go out into the fields and pick the last of this season’s fruits and vegetables. During which songs are sung and prayers to Elune are spoken for the crops of next year to be just as plentiful as this year’s.Izuki17 1d
1d [A] Modan Co VI: Return of the Relic <Modan Co> is a roleplaying guild with a central focus on exploration and archaeology. We busy ourselves by finding artifacts and relics left forgotten by the cultures of the three realms, and in the eight years <Modan Co> has existed, we’ve unearthed countless items ranging from shinies and valuables to unspeakables and horrifics. We meddle where most do not and for their health, should not. We are always prepared for the reports of new lands to explore. Legion will bring with it a mysterious chain of islands that was home to one of Azeroth’s most advanced civilizations. If the last ten thousand years of the Broken Isles’ history has been unknown to the mainstream world, someone has to uncover all of that hidden lore. There’s no better time to join us than now. Over the years we’ve employed crewmembers of every sort. We have veteran soldiers, wizards, mercenaries, tinkers and adventure/knowledge seekers from all walks of life. There’s no need for a university degree in Gorian ecofacts or Qiraji caste structure (though, if you’re character has expertise in those areas we could use it). With an interest in history/lore, adventure, or treasure even the most vapid of mercenaries can find themselves contributing towards being a part of Moon Guard’s premier adventuring and exploration guild. To quote former-guild-leader and cool-dude, Heinsoo Reynault: We're a goofy bunch of blighters, so expect a decent mix between comedic relief and riveting action and drama. Think Indiana Jones meets Terry Pratchett. Our roleplay and events are flexible. Each member is given the opportunity to participate however they’d like and to whichever degree they’d like. Everyone is allowed to host and lead events regardless of rank, officers mostly just fill an auxiliary role making sure everything runs smoothly. We have at least two events each week comprised of one meeting on Wednesdays at 8 and one expedition sometime during the weekend, usually on Saturdays. We have members on almost all hours of the week and you'll often find people willing to hang out IC or just have a pleasant discussion in our OOC channel, which we use officer chat (/o) for. If you are interested in joining, all you need do is go to our forums at, read our courtesy guidelines and fill out an application. After your application has been reviewed and approved by an officer you just need meet for a quick interview. If you have any questions, feel free to contact: GM: Naralex / Bradsworth (btag is straita#1727) Officers: Jinnike / Ceristhe / Aillde Tinkertop We hope to see you soon!Naralex276 1d
1d Your Character's.. Handwriting? Another one of these threads that I plan to continue with, on the topics of neat details or concepts for everybody's characters. This time, I had a thought. How is your character's handwriting? Can they write? Why do they write the way they do, so on and so on. Hisei, my Shado-Pan, often serves as a field scout or ranger, and when she writes she's quick and methodical. She prides herself on discipline, and that shows. My warrior is a wandering traveler, and is quite old - she's more relaxed, and some letters are difficult because an injury a long time ago lost the feeling in her last finger and part of her hand. My Mage was raised in classes in calligraphy, so her writing is always very neat and patient; doubly more important when drawing an arcane spell circle or specific runes. She is very fast about it though, and sometimes impatient. So, Moon Guard, how does your character write?Hisei45 1d
1d [A-RP] The Citrine Eagle The Citrine Eagle is a military order whose goals pertain to protecting and reclaiming the once traitor Kingdom of Alterac. The Citrine Eagle seeks to show the Alliance that the Alteraci of old are long gone, and a new generation, blessed by the light, shall take its place within the mountains. As the influence of the former Kingdom of Alterac begins to grow, it seeks members from many different callings and backgrounds to fight under the Light's blessings, in the never-ending crusade for Alterac, and encourages those who once called Alterac home to reclaim their kingdom in the name of the Light. ... ... ...Zarìa338 1d
1d The Hooks: A X-Realm X-Faction Secret Society ... Who are The Hooks? We are a secret society (think along the lines of the Illuminati, Freemasons, Harpers) of people who are devoted to the cause of helping Wrathion with his goal to return the Black Dragonflight to its glory. It is currently in the air as to whether said Flight is corrupted or not, or what hsi goals are, but our belief is that Wrathion being in his position brings back the true potential of the flight. Are we a cult? No, not really. This is more a political movement and power, though secret. We trust him, believe in him, or are conscripted to him. In any case, we work for the Blacktalon. Are we just mercenaries? No. Some of us are nobles. Some of us are politicians. Some of us are butchers, bakers, and candlestick makers. Some of us are tinkers, tailors, soldiers, or spies. Everyone has potential to be a hook that drapes the fabric of society. Why are we secret? Because it's in our best interests right now. Just... in case. Wrathion's situation is precarious. It is in the best interests of all of Azeroth for us not to be known for now. Right now we secretly watch. We listen. We look for holes in the fabric to slip our hooks into without damaging the weave. What is our alignment? We are lawful beneath Wrathion to whatever laws the Black Dragon would have us follow. Right now, we obey the laws of time, which means we do not always obey the law of the land. In order for the balance to work, criminals remain criminals, preachers remain preachers, do-gooders remain do-goody, and politcians remain whatever they choose to remain. The balance of time must remain all days. Why is this not a guild? Because there isn't enough individual interest to make a fully functioning guild and creating it s a secret society and roleplay tool and networking hub allows it to be cross-realm and cross-faction. It also allows us to be as actve and casual as we want. No, you aren't crazy. This WAS a guild, but honestly, the GM (me) was too busy to be effective and it seems like a better idea to let people be in the guilds they want to be in and just offer up this forum as another form of roleplay. ...Marijke3 1d
1d [A] [H-RP] The League of Lordaeron ... [-=Requirements=-] -A decent grasp of grammar, knowledge of the game's lore, and maturity are all major requirements. We ask that applicants understand that we also look for members that will reflect positively on our guild, both from an IC and OOC standpoint. -IC Interviews must be taken before you are allowed into the guild. This is primarily for IC reasons, but also gives the interviewee a chance to get inducted into the guild formally. -There is a strict 40+ level limit that we have in place because most of our RP takes place in 40-50 zones. This also shows us you have dedicated enough time to your character that it isn't a simple alt, and likewise, Death Knights have a level 65+ limit. -We also require our members to be active, or state a reason as to why they'll be inactive. Members that have not given a reason to an officer as to why they would be taking leave will be removed after two months of not logging in to their character, but any and all previous members who were kicked for inactivity but want to rejoin after such an action has been taken is more than welcome; simply contact an officer in-game and you will be re-invited. To avoid the removal of your character, we ask that you kindly alert an officer if and when you are going to be taking an excused leave. -Maturity, as stated above, is also something we value highly. We do not have an age limit within our guild, but we expect our members to both understand that the League is a friendly environment that we strive to keep free of any and all conflict and that your actions reflect the entire guild on both an IC and OOC level; people who continuously and purposefully exacerbate conflict without compromise will find their stay in the League a short one. In addition, our roleplay can - but does not always - encompass mature themes, such as violence, profanity, etc. As a mainly militaristic organization, we ask members to keep this in mind.Demitria302 1d
1d [A][PvE] <Pact> is Recruiting! ... Realm First: Garrosh Hellscream (10 player) Realm First: Imperator's Fall Realm First: Warlord Blackhand Pact is a roleplay friendly, raiding guild that has formed nearing the end of Warlords of Draenor. It is a combination of Bookertea & The Ladies, Critical, or others who have left past guilds because of their raiding inactivity. We have several raiders who have cleared the entire raid on mythic multiple times, but have returned to Moon Guard for love of its community and roleplay base. We plan to be more community centric than we have been before, helping to aid in realm-wide events while we're not raiding. We are also aiming to give Moon Guard a more semi-hardcore raiding experience than its had in its past. With core members who are part of the top 100 guilds in the US, we have no doubt that we will deliver this experience. If you're at all interested, and believe you can raid at our intensity, or just want to be part of the guild for the social aspects of it, reach out to an Officer. Our goals for Legion are as follows: Start up two raid teams, Core and Casual for those wishing to stay hardcore or get things done in time. Get all of them server firsts! (While trying to break into a solid US ranking) Help support, cultivate, and participate in community events. (e.g. Contributing to the prize pool for ToA via mythic carries) Start up carrying services for Cutting Edge, Ahead of the Curve, and Mythic+ to reel in all that gold! Pact is currently looking for excellent players for full-time positions in our core raid roster. We require that you are able to play all specs associated with your class, and that you have knowledge of Mythic Hellfire or fights to come. Please ensure that you're available for all of the raid times listed above. Upon Legion release we will be changing our times but maintaining a minimum of 3 days and 4 hours a week. We require all raiders to have a 90% attendance rate for and 100% for tanks. Requirements for raiding: We're looking to start up two raid teams, we will be taking applicants for both teams. Our core team will be more of a hardcore environment and our secondary team will be more relaxed and a bit more casual. Able to use Discord and have a working Mic. First and foremost, the ability to execute mechanics properly and have a low learning curve. This plays a big part of our success. Listens and does what the raid leader asks of you without attitude. If you don't want to be part of a team, then we don't want you here, simply put. We work together, not against each other. Isn't afraid to communicate with the team, especially about CD usage. Exceptional raid awareness - Everyone needs to pull their weight. Numbers don't matter if you aren't paying attention to the encounter. Able to take constructive criticism and/or advice from the healing officer and raid leader. Owning up to mistakes and able to correct them. If you get called out on a mistake, don't take it personal, just try to improve in the future. A good attitude and patience. The ability to theorycraft/research your class and raid encounters independently. We do our homework and so should you! You should be as excited about progression raiding as we are. Respect your fellow teammates and guild reputation. If you have a problem, talk to one of the officers in the guild. We don't tolerate trolls or ninjas. Ability to focus for extended periods of time. We all commit to 3 hours a night raiding, and we want to make it count. Going afk repeatedly is not respectful of other people's time. We are here to progress and rank. Stable internet connection and computer Left previous guild on good terms. If not, a good reason will suffice. :) You love to play this game, inside and outside of raiding. Show up on time and are prepared with food, flasks and consumables/potions, etc. For any questions, feel free to ask Thane, Dellerend or Deerbear in-game.Dork147 1d
1d [A-RP] <Darkwater Cabal> (Occult RP) ... WHO ARE WE? Darkwater Cabal is a newly-formed guild located on the Alliance side of the Moon Guard (US) server. A haven for witches, warlocks, criminals, smugglers, and assassins alike, Darkwater Cabal is a fusion of colorful organizations such as the Bloodsails and the Twilight’s Hammer. It draws out-of-universe inspiration from sources such as World of Darkness, Black Sails, H.P. Lovecraft, and similar thematic ideas. We are heavily invested in creating an atmosphere that is both uniquely dark, superstitious, and rooted in nautical horror; yet still abiding by Warcraft's extensive lore. Meanwhile, as a group of game-players building a community, we are hoping to create a place where both experienced writers and beginners looking to learn can share an environment that is friendly and accepting; not to mention a place to enjoy the content of World of Warcraft together. WHAT KIND OF CHARACTERS ARE WE SEEKING Sailors, witches, warlocks, smugglers, mercenaries, bounty hunters, drug runners, fences, murderers, and even scholars will find a compatible home in the Darkwater Cabal. We have a wide array of roles to fill in the guild, and a concept that will appeal both to those inclined to the seedy underworld and the mysterious occult alike. We want to create through our characters an organization that appears on the surface as just another pirate crew or criminal syndicate, but whose underlying goals and ideals are far more nebulously far-reaching and sinister. OUR INFLUENCE SYSTEM While this is always a work in progress, in an underworld/occult hierarchy, your reputation can be almost important as the skills you survive by-- seniority playing a major role in the IC eco-system of the guild. We wanted to create an environment in which this felt immersive, as well as give players a chance to earn reputation among their peers IC, in more than one way. As such, our Influence system will be a fun in-guild status structure that is based, not upon your popularity, but upon your own efforts, both in-game and through forum participation. Do you love to write? Your character can earn an IC reputation based on the stories you create! In addition, as a way to fairly tie guild participation into rank, most guild ranks will be determined by influence points once. In order to gain a rank, you need to earn a certain amount of points. Points can be earned as slowly or quickly as you like, but at current we've placed a weekly cap of 25. (This system is similar to VtM.) You can read more detail on this here: 1d
1d [A] The First Regiment of the Stormwind Army " 'Tis easy to bear arms and armor and carry out acts deemed necessary by your betters. The narrow path of bearing them only for the right and the good, however, is seldom followed. War upon us, the path grows narrower still. Fathers, sons, mothers and daughters stand beneath banners torn, their blood sought by those who will stop at nothing to dominate this world. We are our king's hand in this time of darkness, bound to his will and tempered by his mercy. Guided by the Light's virtues three, our charge is clear - we shall protect the innocent and exact just retribution upon those who would threaten our mighty people. We are the next generation of heroes. Let us stride in our forefathers' footsteps." Maxen Montclair ~ Marshal of the First Regiment of the Elwynn Brigade _________________________________________________ The First Regiment of the Elwynn Brigade is one of the most prestigious units of the Stormwind Army - having fought in nearly every war and field of battle in contemporary Azeroth. The regiment has historically been manned by men-at-arms from the Duchy of Westridge and is presently commanded by the Duke of Westridge, Lord-Marshal Maxen Montclair. The unit maintains positive relations with the subjects of the Kingdom of Stormwind and is well-known throughout the Grand Alliance. ...Maxen34 1d
1d [A-RP] Remnants of Lordaeron ... Remnants of Lordaeron - Information ”For the travelling, the homeless, the weary. Those of Lordaeron who no longer have a place in the ruins and wishes to start anew - to remember what they lost, celebrate what they have left, and rebuild what they should have.” The Remnants of Lordaeron builds itself upon the corpse of the Knights of Lordaeron a guild that Anastarian started but is unable to continue due to OOC reasons. As the story continues, the remnants of Lordaeron has arrived in Tyr’s Hand after a long and arduous journey without its leader. Now it seeks to settle and rebuild what it lost. As this is a fresh beginning, the field is wide open for eager RPers to carve out a story of their own. We seek to cultivate an active RP platform where there is something for everyone and RPers can advance their characters and themselves through RP in a way that is agreeable to their personal story. We are a casual to medium RP guild that bases itself in Tyr’s Hand and the Scarlet Enclave behind us with some proxy if required (garrisons), and welcome anyone who wish to join and find their place in the guild - whether as the noble knight or the lowly peasant - even that snobby little mage in the corner. Heavy, highly disciplined style of RP is available for those interested (join an in-guild order, adhere to its rules, etc). Rules and Expectations Thou shalt respect the ones around you - don’t be a @##*!%#! OOC. Thou shalt know the lines between IC and OOC - they are very different. Thou shalt be an adult with thick skin - babysitting services is limited in supply. Sometimes the guild chat has no filter, and while each member is expected to handle himself or herself with maturity and understanding (if asked to stop, stop), sometimes things slip. Sensitive folks may not feel comfortable here. Thou shalt use proper English for IC and OOC communication - typos are fine. Thou shalt respect the RP community - Remnant of Lordaeron is a guild that will participate in server events, and will hold server events. And while it is not mandatory that members MUST attend (if your RP doesn’t line up with whatever the event is, there is no reason for you to go), we as a whole are not an isolated guild. Members are encouraged to RP with outsiders as well as their guildmates. Thou shalt be accountable for thy actions - IC and OOC. Be a @##*!%#! IC, then do not grumble about your character being hated. If your character commits a crime and has to be reprimanded, you will respect the story you have written to the best of your capabilities and the consequences that comes with. While options will be given, suddenly ‘opting out’ because OOC “you don’t want to” is not acceptable.Adamantt291 1d