Moon Guard

Aug 22, 2012 The Dons of Warcraft, and why you should care It's the second time today, and oh if things arn't swell. So I admit, I like to pretend i'm a Don. Fromie looks good in a sombrero. But Don, what does that title mean about it's owner? Well that's what today's question inquires. Who are the Dons of Warcraft? Well too be specific they are Guerrero, Tayo, Rodrigo, Gonzales, Soto, Alejandro, Santos, Rigoberto, Julio, Amancio, Mauricio, and everyone's favorite, Carlos. They are the 12 confirmed characters somewhere in the Warcraft universe that use the title of Don. So what is a Don? I'd like to think that the Dons are secret organization of highly talented individuals who banned together in secret to defend Azeroth. They were the heroes of their time, they were the raiders of pre-MMO Warcraft. They secretly fought in many of the orginal battles and became important factors in their outcomes. That's why all of their clothing can be found on raid bosses and in zones that have histories of battles previous to the MMO. Hyjal, Old Hillsbrad, Ahn'Qiraj, and on and on. You see, the Dons wore the finest and most meaningful clothing. All with the finest weapons, trinkets, jewelry, and papers. And when they went into battle, they often lost clothing and other items. So now in our future endeavours, we the adventurers find their lost items. Character wise they would be like Jack Sparrow's swag, mixed with Zorro's class. So what do you think? I'm not sure why I took the time to type this, but i'd love your opinion. Who are the Dons to you?Fromie6 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Looking for Roleplay I transferred to this server from Silver Hand with a friend about four months ago, because anyone who says that Silver Hand is still an RP server is straight up lying to your face. This friend tends to take unexpected extended breaks, so I've mostly found myself hanging around the server on my own. I haven't really roleplayed since transferring. I've been feeling the urge again and I'm well aware of the fact that roleplay won't just fall in my lap, so I'm looking for it. Even though most people's MRP says some variation of "walk ups welcome", I'm never quite sure how people will react to me "butting in", and so I tend to base my decision on whether or not to approach people by what they're "currently doing". This is also a problem. If anything is written, it's usually something like "looks bored", "standing there expressionless", "just married to so and so" or something else that my character really can't react to, like what that particular person is thinking. When I use that tab, I put some sort of action there that another player can respond to if they choose, because I thought that's what it was for. A few days ago I walked up to someone who was currently doing something ridiculous to one of his pets, and we ended up having a blast. Sadly, that's been the one exception to the rule. Am I just doing it all wrong?Vierrenn10 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Golden interview on Garrosh's inconsistancies "Garrosh's personality in game and out has done a lot of shifting back and forth. We see him get a lot darker in Tides. How did you go about developing his character? I think Garrosh has, at his core, a weak personality. He was very hostile about his father and ashamed of his father, and it took Thrall to say, "Hey, look, you know your dad did some pretty amazing things despite everything." He had to get that validation externally. He also had to prove himself in battle externally. And now he is surrounding himself with some very bad and dangerous advisors, externally. Because I think that at the core, he doesn't really know. He wants to do well. He wants to preserve the orcs and their pride and their history. But I think he is actually a rather malleable person whose opinions can change. He doesn't have a strong core. I think the main difference -- Jaina has a very strong core. And when adversity and disaster and personal torment rip her down to nothing but that core, that core is still intact. It's hurt, but it's intact. And Garrosh doesn't really have a strong core. So what he believes kind of changes depending on what the situation is and who's talking. And I think that does not a good strong leader make. " I think Golden has it dead on. He's not necessarily a bad person, he's just more susceptible to outside influences. I agree that those qualities make a terrible leader.Finaj51 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Once Upon a Time in Gilneas. (Short story The water was ice cold Silas' flesh had gone nearly numb and somehow he hadn't let go of the drift wood in Lordamere Lake. Cannon's roared and the sound of the wooden hulls of boats splintered all around him he could see his own Gilnean's and orcs Drowned or drowning in the same water. Weary from fighting for his life all night the young Gilnean let go and slowly drifted away getting darker and darker. "...Silas! Wake up. The F-forsaken are attackin' Wake up ya' old drunk." The water quickly turned into the upstairs of his house turned pub. Silas coughed savagely a wheezing whooping cough often the telltale sign death from sickness was close at hand. Glaring at the young barmaid Celine who more often then not had to care for the old drunk. Her blue eyes pleading. "Silas there is -no- time to save anything we need to leave!" "My top hat!" The old man said grabbing the formal, but very worn black velvet hat and putting it on and staggering downstairs into the pub. The few patrons there were hiding under the tables. Or in the shadowy corners where the light didn't shine like rats. Still drunk from last night's binge the Gilnean grimaced. "So this is wot my people have become, pitiful. And now the dogs run wild unchecked." He thought before going outside. To scan the distance. Celine huddled behind him a soft hand on the man's solid shoulders. Silas was built like a bear with a weathered face but the bear was not a cub anymore his bright green eyes still had that youthful sheen to them. His face sport a very well trimed moustache, his shaggy hair fell in his face often. But he refused to cut it nor seem to keep it back. Another coughing fit. In a rasping voice he asked the barmaid. "Wot do ya' see?" Celine whispered quivering in fear. "I see death itself Silas. Like the stories ya' would tell me as a little girl. But this is worse then Orcs. Their at the beach but the Worgen won't keep em' there for long." As Silas regained his composure the earth shake. And in the distance a tsunami standing taller then the great towers in capital city rushed into the distance and the shape of a giant dragon could be seen in the distance. "Sweet Mother O' Azeorth." The old man swore. ((First of three parts. I'll be posting them in this thread throughout the day.Quõrthon6 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 guys okay look i don't play alliance and i don't know what the deal is with you people and all of your !@#$%^- drama but could you like discuss that somewhere else because your drama threads are repeatedly getting on the Popular Topics list and it's really embarrassing for the rest of us i mean first we need to try and convince people that goldshire isn't representative of moon guard as a whole, now we need to try and convince people that the forums don't represent us either what does represent us anymore look the point is you're making us all look bad and we don't appreciate it, just go discuss it on your guild websites or something okay signed everyone who isn't involved in dumb drama yes i speak for all of usTenalus46 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Words of Wisdom http://tinyurl.com/wisegoat It has taken me quite some time to master typing with hooves. But it was worth it. ... Baaaah. Feel free to share your "(Cute)Words of Wisdom."Ninwyn0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Word game. Three words only. Keep it going! "Once in Azeroth..."Darohn48 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 alliance MoP intro cinematic so hey i wanted to post this because NOBODY ELSE HAS YET http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyQg9Ub-v9s&feature=player_embedded and whatever here's the stupid horde one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WchsuwsOUHw&feature=player_embeddedAltaiea17 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Seeking: Quality and Committed RP Partner Good morning again, Guardians. You may call me Kalluh, Myth, Applesauce, Kitty Litter, or whatever else pleases you. Quite simply, I have been having very little luck finding reliable RP anywhere, and so, while I've tried this many a time before and ultimately have failed in each attempt, I'm going to plant my feet and do it again. Why? Because I'm as stubborn as a cockroach! :D And I need a reason to keep playing WoW now that it seems everyone has poofed on my other home server. Basically, I'm looking for a partner. ...Obviously. I'd like to either start toons together, or link currently existing characters with one another, with shared history, lore, etc. Examples: Siblings, lovers, childhood friends. Whatever. The point of this is to find a RP partner with whom I can build a story, both a backstory and the ongoing tale of our RP. I want to collaborate and brainstorm together. These characters, ideally, should have something shared, rather than complete strangers meeting by chance. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course - but I want to start out with some sort of foundation for these two. It's just easier for me. :3 I also must insist upon someone with dedication who isn't going to simply vanish on me. I'm willing to play Horde or Alliance, but I am only willing to play certain races: Night Elves Blood Elves Draenei Humans MAYBE Worgen My character will undoubtedly be female, just so you know. I'm capable of playing male characters (I adored my Athran :3), but I'd rather be a lady right now. I'm a little picky about my partners: I like their role playing skills to be honed and admirable. I detest improper grammar, punctuation, and all that technical jazz. Flowing sentences are my best friends. Not to sound elitist, or anything, but I'm a stickler for the rules of English when it comes to posting. ^^; ...So! If anyone's interested, you can post here to let me know, or you can whisper/mail Kalluh on Alliance side or Athaliya on Horde. Thanks for your time, and hope to hear from you soon! ~MythKalluh34 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Latin Names Quite a simple game, really. Come up with a latin-sounding scientific name for your character or others. For example: Tzipara: nightelficus priestium Eldanesh: paladineo naxxraconquerus Bjorn: humaneadruid haireochesticus You try.Tzipara0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Just for fun. I saw this question floating about and thought it would be interesting to ask and see the responses. If Kirby swallowed you, what ability would he gain? And GO!Demitria10 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Mental Block So when I rolled this toon, I had planned on doing a Kul Tiras backstory. I brushed up on my lore of the island, jotted down a few basic ideas, and then .... nothing. I find myself forcing the story rather than it just coming to me. Maybe it's the fact that the area doesn't physically exist in WoW, idk, but either way I'm stumped. So now I find myself reaching out for ideas. At this point starting off fresh isn't much of a loss at all. I'm open to any and all suggestions at this point, I'll make a few notes below on my RP/gameplay style. Thanks in advance MG. =) - Not planning to RP or play as a Shadow Priest. - Plan to do a lot of PvP on this toon, hoping for RP-PVP (cleric?) - Really open for any ideasShaye14 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 You know what grinds my gears, Moon Guard?! YEAH. It's that time of year again. As if Worgens were not enough, there are now people misusing other terms to annoy me. I never even -got- this, but it's probably one of the stupidest, most contrived, and most utterly inane atrocities that had ever blighted the world of role-play. ... THERE IS NOT SUCH THING. THESE ARE NOT ADVERBS OR WHATEVER YOU WANT THEM TO BE. Let me give an example, and show you why this is WRONG. X is a good guy IC. Y is a good guy ICly. REMEMBER THESE ARE ABBREVIATIONS. Written out: X is a good guy in character. MAKES SENSE, K?! X is a good guy in characterly. WTF?! It's not needed. It's unnecessary. It's just dumb. In characterly is not a word. You can just say IC. He's a good guy IC. I'm doing this IC. Not "I'm doing this in characterly" Please stop. Thank you. <3Ferenold91 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Cute little Dark Whelpling for sale. I am selling a Dark Whelping on the Auction House for 5k. This is half the price of the "cheaper" AH price. Get it quick before MoP inflation rises it once more!Noralnda3 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 <House Grim> The Horse Lords ...Forrgrim22 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 What I do. So. This is me: http://i49.tinypic.com/1o38fc.jpg And these are pictures of what I do for a living: http://i49.tinypic.com/219wizs.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/fm0715.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/1zbuq2e.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/x4ojh4.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/2m7agec.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/j8o5ro.jpgVurohk98 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Lamp post encounter McSars accosted a lamp post in his flight patrol of Stormwind. http://i.imgur.com/BVmsE.jpg What the hell is a lamp post doing there?Mcsars9 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 The Time Warp It's astounding...Miles46 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 A Queen Thread. WE'RE GONNA HAVE US A QUEEN MOMENT PEOPLE. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YOU GONNA TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT!Saigio21 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Kingdom Hearts III http://www.psu.com/a016639/Kingdom-Hearts-III-confirmed-HD-collection-likely---Dream-Drop-Distance-spells-it-out :O Please let this be true, I cant stand the handheld games I want another Console version.Arranth6 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Moon Guard Forums. You are all better than this. Remember your ancestors faces, truly. Challenges? I thought not. Best of luck, all.Andry20 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 cailum broke the forums BROKE IT SHE BROKE ITAltaiea6 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 502 How the hellFerenold9 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Moon Guard College Football Thread College football season will be here very soon, so as a fun little exercise to divert from the usual drama, give a shout out for your favorite college football team! Roll Tide Roll!Nikephoros102 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Looking for Love, PST. There comes a time in all player's lives - their character's, at least - where one wishes to settle down, start planting the seeds of love to reap and sew at a later time when all is right. It sparks the question: What sweeps you, or your character, off their feet? In a romantic sense, of course. Forte means loud. Fortè63 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Paladin behaviour Warcraft's setting and mechanics takes many influences from Dungeons and Dragons games. Paladins are quite similar - holy warriors, healing powers, the ability to fight evil with great effectiveness. Something that it does NOT take from D&D is the code of conduct. The paladin's code of conduct in D&D is an important aspect of the class. Any deviations from it mean that the paladin is stripped of their divine powers and must atone for what they have done, often involving a quest, before their powers are returned. In Warcraft, paladins do not have to keep to such stringent guidelines - indeed, paladins in Warcraft are able to do acts that are considered evil and do not lose their powers. Paladins are heroes - they were formed to fight the Old Horde and are shining examples of the Light. Paladins have done many terrible things, however. Arthas, Renault, Tirion, Eligor - they have all behaved in selfish ways and performed acts that can be easily described as evil. Just because they can - does that mean they should? What kind of standards of behaviour should paladins adhere to? What kind of face should they be presenting to society as a whole? Note: I'm talking about paladins here, by the way - not Blood Knights or Sunwalkers.Mcsars34 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Looking for someone The character's name was Altamira, a human warlock, and the last thing I know they moved here. Was just wondering if anyone knew if they still played or what happened to them.Erri5 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Spider under org Somone/something is causing a spider to get trapped org and it makes the guards spam. how is this happening and its really anoyingTorquen12 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 How many children can you beat up? http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/ I can take on 20 five year olds. How many can YOU take on?Xtrabulator78 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 I need a new helm transmog.. Because the one I have, I've found, is heavily overused. Any suggestions for a replacement?Relleron0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Warforged is selling heroic T13 mounts/items! The title says it all. We have long conducted these sales through word of mouth, but would like to offer our services more broadly before the expansion is through. For more information, pricing, and the fine print, please visit: http://warforged-guild.wowstead.com/forums/entry-hall/general-discussion/1709085-the-warforged-catalogue-loot-mounts-and-titlesRalgore45 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Goodnight, MG. And may Michael Myers be ever constant in your dreams. <3Darohn0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 [H:Hvy-RP] <Comrades in Death> ... ... ...Huron14 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 [H/A] Prot warrior/BM monk LF raiding guild Hello hello! Due to some unforeseen events, I'm going to be needing a new heroic focused raiding guild, 10 or 25. I'm going to be finishing this expansion with my warrior (main spec protection, off spec arms, and come day 1 of Mists, going Brewmaster. (I've already started RAF, so on day 1 my monk will be level 80.) I would prefer to raid 2-3 days per week. I don't mind being a stand-in and work my way up the ranks, so long as the guild is progressing on heroic content. Some info on myself WoW is more than a game to me. It's something I'm deeply passionate about. As such, I tend to be very loyal to the guilds I join, putting in all the effort I can to help my guild succeed. I've been playing WoW since the beginning of Wrath, and in that time I've come a long way. My main until tier 2 of Cataclysm was a blood DK. I ended up rerolling to a warrior to suit raid needs, and with the coming of MoP, will be going monk, due to how much enjoyment I get from the class. I've been heroic raiding since Icecrown Citadel, and find it the most fun aspect of the game, aside from the achievement system. I'm currently 4/8 in Dragon Soul (item level 400 MS/OS), but I do know all 8 fights on heroic. I've done heroics on most other fights in Cataclysm, sans some of tier 1. If you have any questions feel free to send me an in-game whisper/mail or reply to this thread. Thanks! I hope to be raiding with you soon.Aelasar7 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Posters in Stormwind. Posters are seen throughout the city. They are large, sturdy peaces of parchment. At the bottom is a wax insignia depicting a blue crown above a white throne. And above that long, flowing words in genuine cursive and bold lettering. ♕ The False Queen ♕ The false Queen and her 'crusade' failed Lordaeron. They failed the people. Their deceit did not aid them. But from the ashes of their failure comes new hope! The Crown, Lordaeron's true sons and daughters, have united as one! And as one they have chosen the true claimant, Lord Westwood, to lead them! Lordaeron's future no longer remains questionable. The Crown of Lordaeron will march to the steps of the Undercity. They will defeat the Banshee Queen. And they will retake Lordaeron once and for all! For the people! For the Alliance! For Lordaeron! - Lord Westwood; claimant to the throne, Ranger of the Alliance, commander of the Crown.Darohn44 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 [A][PvE] WTB Firelands: H Baleroc Kill! I'd -really- like to finish off my achievement, but at this point, even OpenRaid fails me, and so if it comes down to it, I'd really like to just find a group of people who can assure and carry me through. To fight Baleroc, a clear is NOT needed. To do so, Shannox only needs to be released via killing trash. He does not even need to be engaged/killed. So really, a group -can- go in, kill trash, release shannox, dive into Bael's room, kill his trash, then kill him. No other bosses need to die for my cause. I would really, really appreciate posting here or posting in-game mail to me with offers.Stax12 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 The good and bad of 5.0 Hello all, Nix here, not to draw your guys attention away from the drama and such, with 5.0 coming down in a few days, I wanted to get opinions on what -you- are both looking forward to and dreading to see come 5.0... Good for me: Burning Rush Talent. I do not know why, but I just love this new talent, can't wait to feel the burn while running around. Bad for me: Loss of Nether Ward as a spell. You have no idea how...miffed I was finding out the spell is being replaced with some Twilight Ward, one of my all time favorites, gone, like dust in the wind.Nixalegos66 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 For the horde and cathedral take over. I thank all who came last night to both FTH raids. Varian was killed once, all others twice. As promised to the raid... here is my forum post about it, and i am sure it will get both a positive and negative response. I have taken screens of all the kills ( except Exodar ) including screens of the cathedral square take over. Again thanks to all who attented and helped. Storming Stormwind- http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Adorial3333/WoWScrnShot_082112_032156.jpg Ironforge - http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Adorial3333/WoWScrnShot_082112_035835.jpg Darnassus- http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Adorial3333/WoWScrnShot_082012_215435.jpg The drowning of Tyrande- (second raid) http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Adorial3333/WoWScrnShot_082112_034429.jpg Cathedral take over http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Adorial3333/WoWScrnShot_082112_042229.jpg http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Adorial3333/WoWScrnShot_082112_042129.jpg http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Adorial3333/WoWScrnShot_082112_042641.jpg Bear time in Orgrimmar http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Adorial3333/WoWScrnShot_082112_043610.jpgAdamm5 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Possible RP scenario. Hello Moonguard! For those who know me you may know that I've been gone for about the last 3-4ish months but know ol'Thagann is back! While I was on my little WoW break I came up for a RP scenario for Thagann that I would like to share. I currently have not told anyone about this so I don't have people to fill up the roles, so if you like this idea maybe you could be part of it, or you could CONSTRUCTIVELY criticize it. Scenario: Thagann Steelshield was born into a large family of Dwarves that shared an estate in Don Morogh. His family shared a secret shared with few outsiders, they were a clan of Warlocks. The majority of everyone in Thagann's extended family was a Warlock except Thagann himself who lacked intelligence to be one. Because of this Thagann was horribly abused, verbally and physically, even up to adulthood. As soon as Thagann could, he joined the Ironforge army stayed with it for many years up until the Third War. When he returned home he discovered that his family had been covertly working with the Burning Legion throughout the war. Thagann, realizing how evil his family was, in a great rage slaughtered them and destroyed the estate. Thagann since then has told no one and has ever even eluded to his actions. Rather then to ever look suspicious, Thagann has played the part of fool willingly. Know Thagann is with the Dwarven Vanguard, the closest thing to a true family he has ever had. Thagann however did not kill one family member...... Now a sibling of his has returned and whats revenge on Thagann. The sibling will share the truth and now Thagann must face the consequences for his actions and stop this sibling. Ok that's the description, the only major role that I need is the sibling which can be any gender. If you would like a role please tell me! I won't tell you how to RP during this scenario but I do what it to end with Thagann alive, but changed.Thagann7 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Your character would be less _____ if _____. Kronoin would be less angry if he had an actual girlfriend. Kronoin would be less hairy if he kept his nose out of EK.Kronoin29 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 A refreshed Horde RP guild listing Supposedly, the Horde lacks the widespread or well-structured RP the Alliance enjoys. There does indeed exist a sticky thread for guilds, but it seems... lacking. Those of us that wish to escape to the Horde and don't want to be a blood elf usually can't find that many good quality RP guilds. Can we get a list going? Besides just the dozen blood elf-only guilds.Ventinak2 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Sounds! I've been playing WoW for a long time. And occasionally I hear someone playing sounds from bosses, characters, etc. How do I turn it off? And who do they feel the need to spam it so needlessly? And! Can they be reported?Darohn7 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 For the Warchief! Everyone else enjoying the spam ?Veymeir0 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Favorite Characters that you have. Note: This is for those who RP and enjoy it! Alright, So...I know most of us have alts...most likely everyone on WoW has more then on toons that they play! So. Who is your fave to rp on? Please feel free to give a bit of info about them if you so deem us worthy. (Also, Horde and Ally, Feel free to post.) If I had to come up with the one toon that is my fave to RP as...Well.. 'The Banshee' Kira Bathory: She has been through a lot, and well, she has a long drawn out storyline with my husband's DK. Shes interesting to say the least. and Out of my Alts. Shes my favorite, I've had her and my paladin the longest! :DKirabathory23 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Horde just burned down the Cathedral. Can this be canon? Please? :( Nothing cool ever happens here. :( *sniff*Wurk48 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Server is up! You're welcome.Joffrey6 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 @Ferenold http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0Vulpe15 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 I shamelessly admit... New forum game! Tell us everything.Ruvias104 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 How much time left for the server check? 2h? 3h? thanks..................................Ãssassin16 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Book Club! What book are you reading right now?Salley116 Aug 21, 2012