Mar 3, 2012 Hello Ravenholdt~ After lurking about on the forums on all the RP-PvP servers, I've decided to wander my way over to your server. Be afraid~ mwahahahahaha. Ha! In all seriousness, assuming my wanderlust sticks and I don't go back to Moon Guard (which is my home realm, DON'T JUDGE ME :| ) I will be...here. So hello! I'm a heavy RPer but my second passion is PvP. Not to say I'm really good at -either-, but whatever. I look forward to seeing you guys in game. I'd list of what characters I'll be playing...but I have no idea. I hop factions and I am an unrepentant altoholic...so yea. :DXiomara5 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Game on My attempt to use the discussion board failed.Karseem20 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Hunter Fun. A nice change of pace to play a low level toon on this server. I stopped my XP gains and have focused on obtaining pets that I missed out of my other two 85 hunters. Though I will say this, having to "hoof" it on foot from IF to Silverpine Forest twice to obtain rare spawn pets was both fun and a PITA. I only have two more pets to get, a Ghost Battle Boar and a Windserpent and I will be done. Will have to work a deal with someone to run me through RFD to obtain the Ghost Battle Boar. On a side note, what the hell....South Shore is gone and there are guards at the friggen gate to that zone... I had to run like a school girl from a big spider while leaving my pet behind to take one for the team!!! I wish to thank the few horde toons that passed me in Arathi Highlands that did not kill me, thanks. Seeing two rogues in a chopper caused me to run a little faster. Bob.Lazyeyebobb20 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 [RP-A] Lord Revos' Glyphs (( This is based on current events and on my character's backstory: http://ravenholdt.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2239 - You might want to read it in case there is something you don't understand. )) In my previous life I worked hard in order to raise my skills, I possessed a memory that couldn't be matched, I could learn intricate glyph patterns in seconds so I could just use them for my work. My skills at treating people were limited, I feared them, I was afraid of them, but at the same time I envied most smiles I never copied or had for myself. I admit it as a Warlock I possessed my own weaknesses, but don't we all? Some drown their problems in alcoholic beverages, some deceive to their loved ones. I simply murdered and enjoyed the suffocation and pain my spells caused on my enemies. I wasn't a bad man whoever, nor I am now. I had difficult to approach everyone, but this is not about my life... But about my work: Before I was 'reborn', I had limited knowledge, everyone had sailed to the cold north while I remained in Azeroth, I couldn't grasp the knowledge from the Outlands either for not having 'credentials' to be able to go. Everything has been hard and difficult for me, the world has always treated me with such lack of respect. I still remember once, I got excited because a Mage wanted to use my talents. she asked for a few glyphs that were in my repertoire, some that I could craft... However I did not have the materials required and she said she wanted to pay for results not for materials. Obviously, I went to gather the herbs to mill, as you know I can't get just any herbs, creating glyphs is a difficult yet fascinating process when one is young and inexperienced, my fascination and skills were not paid at the end. The mage got a more efficient job done by the Auction House, she made me look for the herbs to mill, but after waiting "long enough" she decided to just buy them off after promising me gold I could have used to further my researches... I also may add that this was only the first of many. I was weak, I was imperfect, she had my hate. Everyone who undermined my job deserved it, but I kept improving, I became the best, no glyph was unknown to me. However I wasn't complete, I possessed all that knowledge, all that power at my hands yet I didn't know how to use it. Until I was born, I, Lord Revos. I promised perfection to my former self but he couldn't embrace it... He was weak, too attached to people who stepped on him over and over again like that mage for example. I used what little money I managed to collect over years of failure from my previous life and used them on herbs just to use 'his' skills, now my skills into good use. My knowledge of other spellcasters grew, I know what their needs are and the price of the said work at the time, so my glyphs were created into that purpose. I am merely providing a service, my previous life made me realize his mistake, his hard working was slow despite his hard work and low prices he wasn't appreciated. I am providing what everyone secretly needs and wants... Efficiency, no matter the cost. However I understand some cannot afford my services, which is why those few who decided to talk to me asking for lower prices for them and while being politely and showing respect towards me about it obtain my services at a lower price, sometimes even free. Sadly there has been others who has been rude when contacting me but I gave the glyphs at a reasonable price for them, without even being thanked for my job. There are others like me that do the same sometimes with prices higher than me, sometimes even lower but unlike me they are wearing masks. Using aliases so people don't know their identities, which is why I have received the hate of most... Just for providing a service, just for showing my work. I feel no pride or shame in what I do, I do it because it has to be done. It's my work and it's finally paying off after years of being undermined, but those who look to discourage me with insults, spits, badmouthing, anger along with those who do the same as me but not using your real names... Know that none of you deserve my wrath. Only my pity.Yubarl6 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Transmog items... I am currently in possession of a vast number of transmog items. Now I have tried to pass off my wares to the horde side and have realized that the horde side tend to be cheap. Now I have also noticed that on the ally side, the AH is not as busy. This is directed mainly at the Alliance side, if anyone is interested, I can start posting on the N-AH the items I have if anyone would be interested. Now I will eat the 15% surcharge, but I will not undercut my purchase price. If anyone is interested, I can start posting. Bob.Bobcat7 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 @ Bloodstar I miss you.... :'( Where you at?Ist7 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Feet of the Lynx, or the Master Troll So for about a week now, you people on Alliance have been watching me try and sell Feet of the Lynx for anywhere from 10K-35K gold, several times a day. I figure it's time to come clean with you guys and let you know I've been posting it for ridiculous amounts to see your reactions. Myself and most of my guild have been Rofling at all the things people in trade have said, and at how many people have super raged over the cost, received about 22 in game mails and a couple hundred of whispers from people flaming me over the cost. You can stop whispering me and mailing me about it now. :DJell13 Mar 2, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Dota 2 (And other MOBA's) Who else here besides me has their key? I just got mine a few days ago, and sweet titans is it fun. I don't think I can go back to Dota 1 after playing it. I have had some fun with LoL, especially with dominion (AD Kassadin is hilarious). HoN made me want to rip my eyes out of my skull for the few minutes I allowed that filth to be installed on my computer. First off, what the hell is with making you pay real money for every single hero in the game? Second, the camera and UI. Quite easily the WORST camera system for any MOBA ever made ever. The fact that they were stupid enough to include main chat rooms to showcase just how awful its community is in the main screen didn't make it any worse. Dota 1 is fine and still very fun, but I still will easily be switching to Dota 2.Draxonicar1 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 I wish to thank... Dup postLazyeyebobb0 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 @ The Horde Wedding/Ravensong That wedding was lots of fun, and I thank all who attended. While the Bride was enjoying herself, they only really started to have fun when the bloodbath started. A very special thank you goes out to House Ravensong for providing the blood for the ensuing ceremonial shower for the bride and groom, big love to you fellows. I was kinda hoping Stormwind wouldn't be so dead at this time, but we did got a few low levels who sat at the pews and watched it. Thanks, we really need to do this again sometime! Virjil and Tala extend their gratitudes toward all who attended, and a special shout out to Vimort who used his level 60 body as a bullet shield while the ceremonies were performed. Keep on rocking, Ravenholdt.Draxonicar22 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 [A-RP Recruitment] The Darkweald Syndicate SUMMARY OF THE DARKWEALD [ All information gleaned below is to be considered purely out-of-character. ] The Darkweald Syndicate is a highly organized and secretive group of criminals, spearheaded by Jessica Derrington, a wealthy Gilnean debutante who moonlights as a cold-hearted crime boss known only as Fauxpaw. They deal primarily in the fencing and dealing of black market goods and services, including the buying and selling of stolen items, verifiable (and exploitable) facts about important targets, and investigative services. This information is often used for blackmail, extortion and ransom rackets of wealthy persons and local businesses. Created in Gilneas a few years after the construction of the Wall, the Syndicate was a way of giving the powerless a chance to fight back against the tide of corruption that swept over the officials and the guardsman of the city. While they do not consider themselves good by any means, the Darkweald feel their services were a necessary counterbalance to the overwhelming oppression enacted by the upper class. With the recent fall of the Gilnean nation, Fauxpaw has begun shipping business to Stormwind, which has been more than welcoming to her services. Initially set up in Old Town, the Syndicate has managed to muscle into the Mage and Dwarven quarters of the city, pushing out (or acquiring) smaller and less organized gangs. Generally, the Darkweald try to take a preventative measure to conflict through intimidation or bribery, but if pushed they can be highly territorial. All actions are made in the utmost secrecy, to the point that there isn't (as of this posting) an SI:7 or Stormwind City Guard file on them. This is accomplished through clandestine meetings and the interdependence of each member; associates do not, and should not, publicly acknowledge one another's presence or membership, so as not to risk the entirety of the Syndicate. All jobs are given equal scrutiny as to gauge their risk. Members are specially scouted by Fauxpaw herself, and paid highly for services rendered. There are a few broad roles available to prospective affiliates, such as.. Agents: The core of the Syndicate, agents work the shadows of the city and get jobs done. They steal, kidnap, search, investigate, buy, sell, and generally do anything not covered by the other two roles. Without agents, funds would trickle away quickly, and the machine would simply break apart at the seams. Enforcers: The most respected position an individual can take in the Syndicate, an enforcer makes sure the status quo is maintained by any means necessary. If someone attempts to back out of a deal, the enforcer is there to keep them in check. If someone is speaking publicly of the guild, the enforcer is there to silence them. They are preventative to the extreme, and will be expected to use violent and intimidating tactics to keep others in check in the event that more peaceful negotiations fail. Becoming an enforcer is only for highly trusted and highly skilled members of the Darkweald, and thus are privy to more internal information. Protectors: The job of a protector may seem simple, but it is highly important. They act as the arm of the Syndicate, making sure agents and enforcers have the backup they need to get their respective tasks done, as well as constantly searching for threats to the clan. The best of them are never seen, blending into crowds or listening in a nearby lookout, waiting for trouble and acting quickly. Many members are able to be one, two or all three of the above roles, if their skills are apt for it. The wolves are always watching.Fauxpaw3 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 What's world pvp like here now? Old school Ravenholdter here. I've run out of things to keep me entertained in SWTOR when I'm not raiding or running premade WZs, so I'm looking for somewhere to settle back down and do some troublemaking. I honestly haven't paid much attention to how things have been in WoW since Firelands. Has BG/LFD leveling pretty much killed questing? Is the Alliance population still smaller? Is Starien still sexy? Edit: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/jynxedpatriot/falcon_punch.jpgTaylormomsen15 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Ramkol aka Zuuloo Hi guys. Ramkol here. I have been gone from the game for some time but am coming back. Just came on to say high to all my old arena buddies if they are still playing. Wanted to see who all was till on this server that i knew. So if you know me give me a shout out. Btw ive been goen a while so i dont know what are the good pvp classes atm. I enjoy playing several different classes but so far my favorites were hunter, dk and rogue. I have never ran an 85 warrior and was considering it. Any thoughts? Thanks!Rabiez15 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yowQ43L3FCU&feature=relatedRenshai7 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 @Ailchu I may want to do some business with you.Bobcat11 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 MM Hunter LF Arena Partners LF skilled arena partners for my MM Hunter! -2.2k xpd -Skype is a must -Please be experienced (Add me on skype or reply here if interested) graycenvvn -GraycenShirael16 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Gold farming tips? I have been trying to do some gold farming but so far I haven't had much luck. Maybe I can get some advice? First I tried burying my mothers wedding band. Unfortunately nothing sprouted then again I may have dug it up too soon, honestly her crying was starting to get annoying. Next I tried using an engagement ring that I gave to some girl a while back but that didn't work either. Maybe because I was cheap and it wasn't real gold though the diamond was GENUINE cubic zirconium. I realized I may need to level up my farming so I buried some pennies but after two months not a thing. Maybe I need to wait until spring? Or maybe it's because pennies are now just copper plated zinc. Help please.Halldór7 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Selling Blacksmithing kit 1-525 No hassle. Hello forums! I'm selling a blacksmithing kit that I've made. It comes in a guild bank with 3 tabs. You don't even have to leave orgrimmar! Or the anvil (except for leveling up!) I even have the vendor bought supplies. The kit includes: Copper Ore x380 Silver Bar x5 Bronze Bar x120 Gold Bar x5 Iron Bar x200 Steel Bar x380 Mithril Bar x150 Thorium Bar x510 Fel Iron Bar x215 Adamantite Bar x172 Cobalt Bar x350 Saronite Bar x200 Obsidium Bar x322 Elementium Barx294 And more! (For everything that's not ore) Rough Stone x80 Coarse Stone x20 Heavy Stone x150 Green Dye (Vendor) x30 Solid Stone x80 Citrine x20 Mageweave cloth x90 Dense Stone x20 Crystallized Air x20 Eternal Shadow x10 Volatile Earth x32 Volatile Fire x150 Selling for 30k Or best offer(: Thanks for taking the time to read, friends! Mined it all myself! A lot of hard work was put in to make this! Thanks again guys! Send a message (or mail) to Derpoof or Xalmon if interested! Thanks! :DPablum2 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 LF Sunwell Tailor Looking to buy: Sunfire Handwraps: http://www.wowhead.com/item=34366/sunfire-handwraps Sunfire Robe: http://www.wowhead.com/item=35206/pattern-sunfire-robe I will provide all of the mats and 500g tip per item.Sincast0 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 What a long, strange trip it's been... Once upon a time, Blizzard announced a new server called Ravenholdt. I decided I'd roll a character there and play from day one. I made my undead mage and immediately noticed this wasn't your typical server. I'd go on a quest and see a dozen zombies marching in formation, only to realize these weren't npcs, they were players. I'd fly back to a city and notice organized battles going on way below. Throughout the levels, I noticed a common theme: players making the most of everything WoW offers. It wasn't an abandoned town, it was where the next battle was planned. It wasn't a bridge in the middle of nowhere, it was the scene of a 20v20 fight, complete with a back story. The great atmosphere continued through semi-serious raiding at the start of BC and sparked a few great rivalries along the way (it was a nice hat Pudge ;-). I played with RL friends on a few other servers, took a few long breaks, but always would come back to Ravenholdt. After one of these returns, I transferred my semi-new tauren druid on over. Sometime later, while strolling through Icecrown I came upon some spontaneous world pvp. The horde outnumbered the alliance by a fair margin, but the alliance kept at it, regrouping and putting up a good fight. I spoke with one of them later, who turned out to be the GM of a guild called Reprisal. I joined up and couldn't have been more impressed with the quality of people I met. Through the drunken raids, endless BGs, camping TB, and even some real PvE, you guys have been awesome. I'm headed out for now. I hope to see you all in the next great MMO. It's been a privilege playing with you all. In conclusion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25XCwOBSUQ&t=15m38s - Maiek/Tragic/KolvekMaiek13 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 WTB Enchanting Formulas Hello, I'm looking for some enchanting formulas which so far have been eluding me. Enchant gloves fishing skill Enchant chest Greater stats (+4) If you find these let me know and we can hopefully come to an arrangement. Only interested in enchants available on Ravenholdt.Halldór7 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 [A] LF Bracers of Unconquered Power Bracers of Unconquered Power My mats, big tip. :) Contact me here or in-game. Letters are fine.Virina0 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 WTB Alli Lunar Lantern Send me an in-game mail or whisper me if I'm on to discuss price, etc. Thanks!Jono23 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Inter-Server RP Gathering? How'd that go? And are there anymore planned?Demonomen3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Wife did good tonight in the kitchen.... She was able to grill up some really nice burgers....kinda of made me laugh a little and thought of this old comic... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/comics/?view#/comic-2006-05-holymcsmite-winner Bob... Pass the catchup...Bobcat2 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 -(A)- Ulduar 25 Achievement Run - Feb 21, 8pm Hello Ravenholdt Alliance, Would just like to put it out there that Kul Tiras Marines will be running Ulduar 25 tonight, and any who are willing to lend spell or sword with a friendly attitude are welcome. Come along to get some achievements, learn some fun facts about the design/lore of the raid, and best of all, network with us. If you're interested in coming, send an in-game message to Çolleen or Merial. Hope to see you there! ÇolleenÇolleen3 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Gankers get ganked. Looking for anyone from the horde guild <Mercy killers> who still thinks there good at pvp after that embarrassing Defeat in thousand needles last night. We will gladly 3v7 any you children again anytime and any place you chose, And the video will be linked to these forums for everyone to get a laugh at. Let me know the time and place, Cheers.Vaereal40 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 @ Maiek Today you broke my heart..... that is all! <3Londra1 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Finially My Transmog is complete. I wish to thank Virina for their assistance with obtaining the capstone of my transmogs set, the Bight Blade Dagger; The Night Blade. Again ty Virina and hope your alt enjoys their new found wealth...just go wild at a Gnomish Brothel. Bob. "...if you can be geared, then look good..."Feloniousbob0 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 How is Ravenholdt? Yes, another prospective transfer. I am just curious about Ravenholdt, so ~ How is the faction balance? How often do raids successfully kill an enemy faction's city leader? How are BG queues, and how often does each side win? Is there a good amount of world PvP? Are there a lot of dedicated PvPers? (Rated BGs, high ratings, etc.)Kiwi9 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Ref. Rogue Pickpocket. Are there any guilds horde side selling this service; if so how much. Would be interested in knowing the costs associated with this service and the times available. Bob. Bobcat5 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 Sub Rogue LF Arena Partners! LF skilled arena partners for my Sub Rogue! -2.2k xpd -Skype is a must -Please be experienced (Add me on skype or reply here if interested) graycenvvn -GraycenLaureen7 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 Retribution Paladin LF Arena Partners LF skilled arena partners for my Retribution Paladin! -2.2k xpd -Skype is a must -Please be experienced (Add me on skype or reply here if interested) graycenvvn -GraycenGraycen5 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Disc Priest LF Arena Partners! LF skilled arena partners for my Disc Priest! -2.2k xpd -Skype is a must -Please be experienced (Add me on skype or reply here if interested) graycenvvn -GraycenGilkas0 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 To Jinge It was there in the golden fields of Westfall that I laid my eyes upon you. Your holy radiance shining as brightly as the sun. Your strong muscular body quickly making work of those boars. Each swing, each strike building up my desires. I watched in the shadows as you hacked and slashed your way through waves of mechanical monsters. I watch in jealousy as you communed with Farmer Saldean. Eventually I built up the courage to get close to you and noticed that you were getting overwhelmed by the boars. I jumped out of the shadows to defend you. The battlefield was littered with boar chunks as we filled our bloodlust. Soon we became best friends and we traveled all over Westfall killing many enemies. I was a happy orc but yet our friendship was forbidden, restricted by our allegiance. Cursed by the loyalty to our factions we had to part ways. I will never forget you Jinge for you were my first best friend. Just never forget that no matter where you are or what you're doing I'll be by your side watching you from the shadows. ps: I killed Farmer Saldean and his wife. Sorry if you couldn't finish your quest :(Ahveros1 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 @ Ci I have a proposition for you that you may like... Look me up in game so I can see if you can assist. BobBobcat26 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Narkanius I can't life grip you away from the auctioneer anymore. That makes me sad.Halldór4 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 WTS Parrot Cage (Hyacinth Macaw) yep this topic I'm sure so many have seen before...seen it for sale between 10k-15k if anyone interested post here and PST in game thank you!Esmond0 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 @ Krahmm traitorAhveros20 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Byebye for now Dearest Ravenholdt: I've always been true to you, and have never before considered leaving you (even once). But things change and it's time for me to make some changes too. At the very least I am taking a long break, though I may possibly be quitting for good. I will have to see. RL has gotten unexpectedly busy recently - new job, less free time - and as much as I enjoy this game, I know that it has to be subordinated to the demands of the real world - not vice versa. So...I'm outta here for now. There's too many people to thank - many of whom are no longer playing - and I'm afraid of leaving anyone out, but I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the many wonderful gamers in Cryptic, S I N, Team Muffin, KOTA, VVN, Reprisal, and many more loaners like me who bounced around endlessly seeking a decent PVP guild - never found one in 4 years!!!! :( !@#$%^- alliance...... - thank you all for a hallucinatory, alternate universe of electronic fun. Special thanks to my best, bestest buds Pete and Katie from down under. I may not be able to withstand the temptation to check in for the next expansion and see how the new talent system pans out, so there's a chance I'll see some of you again. If I don't however, best of luck in Ravenholdt and also your real lives. Sincerely, STABBYCAKES Stabfang7 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 PvP Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKYuzqlKIo The battles are not the greatest, but I just got fraps so I just wanted to get the feel of it all. My next video will include better editing, and above all better pvp against more skilled players. Part 2 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAQ6wjmqEvM&context=C3c1ba94ADOEgsToPDskLqkF7dmww4B89I4xxwl2TbThadies6 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Looking for lore on Aurastorm (a guild) Just curious what their back story was. Arcadia I understood. If anyone could share, I'd appreciate it.Bitterhope3 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 I Lawl'd Running around doing my thing, came across this. http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x311/shottyninja/WoWScrnShot_021212_200033.jpg Someone at Blizzard is cackling with such glee. Glad I came across it.Jell2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 [A] My raid group is recruiting! 8/8 This raid group belongs to no guild as of now. So if you want to talk to me about joining or to get more info just send me some in game mail :) Our raid group is looking for the following to continue through 4.3 1. Demonology Warlock Our group is pretty casual, we raid Saturdays at 8 server time, and kick Dragon Souls !@#. Ranoldoph4 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 I like farming! .Bubblerific39 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 WTS Blade of Wizardry! (It's red) Like stated, I've "acquired" a Blade of Wizardry today, and am hoping to find someone interested in buying it <3. Did I mention it's a red flamey sword? Great for xmog! I'll do neutral AH for horde but expect a price markup to compensate for increased AH cut. PST me in game or post here with offers!Kallian3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 AH Farming --101 (Middle man) I have receive many tells with questions how to farm the AH. I don't know what others do, but this is my method. Excuse my poor spelling & grammar usually others write my memo/letters. TIMING is everything Most of the gems I post on AH are made by others <Ork>. Buy Low (Gems & Mats.): a). During off-hours. (4-6am before going to work) b). Certain Days of the week are better than others. c). Don't buy during the middle of the day, Tuesday or Patch day. (Have a Stockpile & Creating bigger stockpiles.) At certain times of the week, I drive down prices with bulk posting at various prices that leap-frog/undercut my previous posting...then I wait. 2-4 hours later: a). I buy up materials that make the item. (Creating Shortages) b). Cancel my posting. c). Buy-up those who undercut my posting. d). Re-post at Inflated prices. Sell High: a). Selling on Tuesday or Patch day. Common Mistakes: (Cornering the Market) a). Know the supply & demands of the item. b). Create & Maintain shortages of raw/unique materials that make the item. c). Never try to corner a market if the item and/or raw materials that makes the item can be quickly re-stocked by farmers. d). If you try to corner the market of item that can be quickly restocked, you must have a huge bankroll and good timing. Example: Patch-day 4.3.0 I created and maintained a shortage of raw-material, at a costing of 20,000g. (Ore, Red Shards & Heartbloom) A JCer named <OrK> early on 4.3 patch day posted Red Gems in bulk at 125-140g, which I purchased and re-posted immediately, at 400-500g. My outrageous prices encouraged <Ork & other JCers> to continue posting for the next two hours at 140-180g, until they ran out of Red Gems and raw material. (Cost:70,000g) OrK's and several other JCers watched helpless as Red Gems prices soared with my 300% mark-up of their gems. At mid-day, I had total control of the Red Gem market prices with huge stockpiles of Red Gems and Ore, I just had to maintain the severe shortages. This worked because <OrK & other JCers > gave me their stockpiles, I guessed correctly that with this patch, players would re-gem immediately, at whatever prices I wanted. (Bottomline: Middle man profit after all costs....520,000g)Saytan11 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Eeeps, what did I do! So tonight I was teleporting to caverns of time to help my wife transfer some stuff via neutral auction house at Gadgetzan. When I zoned in, I noticed a red name in front of me, and took all of about 2 seconds to decide to attack said name. Unfortunately the person I attacked was still mounted and flew away. A second later I saw another red name, but still hadn't turned around like anyone with good common sense would do. The first target was out of range, but I still had some life in my cd's, so I attacked the second target. I figured I had a decent chance against two unorganized enemies. After a moment I saw a third red name and decided I should probably swivel my camera a little and look behind me. Upon switching my camera view, I see seven more horde zoning in behind me at the summoning stone just behind where you zone in when you're teleporting from dal. I couldn't quite figure out why all these horde are here until it hits me that the entrance to dragon soul is in the caverns of time! I've just attacked an entire raid group without realizing it! I hit feign death, and disengage out the tunnel. I used rocket boosts (thank god they didn't malfunction), then did another disengage in the direction I was moving (jump 180 spin) with a parachute at the end. Upon gaining range and a moment to think, I went to call my pet back, only to discover he had already despawned, so I hit camo one second before being hit with a shammy flame shock and the dot pulled me out of camo. I ran under a bridge I never knew was there and managed to get out of combat long enough to mount up. I was seriously laughing out loud as I emoted the /lol at the shaman who had me targeted. I can't believe I managed to get away from an entire raid group, but it was loads of fun at a point in the game when I was just doing dreary stuff like helping someone transfer stuff cross faction. So... I guess world pvp isn't dead, just waaaaaay different from what it used to be. :D Edited for a typo.Kakala4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 8, 2012 My Ravenholdt Progression Thread The group I raid with is 1/8H now Not rlly that big of a deal, H morchok is ez. I'm just letting the community know because my group isn't valid on the RH progression thread. Yall laughed at me.....Ranoldoph11 Feb 8, 2012
Feb 7, 2012 Ravenholdt Hosting Reroll RP Night Hello, Ravenholdt! An idea was brought to light on another online community I frequent (wow_ladies.livejournal.com) and after some back and forth, the organizer of said idea agreed that Ravenholdt would be the perfect host for this fun, open, and rp-intensive event! What is it, you ask? Well, simply look below! I've copy-pastad the original post, which you can find here: http://wow-ladies.livejournal.com/15856880.html *** Who: Anyone interested in participating in or watching RP, regardless of experience. What: An casual in-character gathering of newly rolled level ones and any Ravenholdt server natives who care to join. There is no predetermined plotline, but the event organizers will be initiating walk-up RP. You can engage with them and with each other as much or as little as you like. Where: US RP-PvP server Ravenholdt, in Orgrimmar's Valley of Honor, in and around an inn called The Wyvern's Tail. Any server native warlock or passenger mount owner who can transport characters from starting zones will be loved, otherwise directions will be provided if needed. Special thanks to arwydd for being the first to suggest this location! When: Friday, January 27, 7:00pm - 10:00pm EST (4pm - 7pm PST). You can stay late or leave early as you please. Why: To foster interaction in the server's pre-existing RP community, to provide a cross-server meeting place for all roleplayers, and to welcome and encourage beginners and the roleplay-curious in a friendly, low stress environment. How: On or around Friday evening, create a new character on Ravenholdt. Make sure to pick a Horde race, but avoid Goblins due to their phased starting zone. You can reroll a character you play elsewhere or start a brand new one. All your character needs is a reason to be in Orgrimmar (the Lunar Festival is a great excuse). Characters of any level who are already on the server are also welcome. As soon as you log on, type "/join Horde". This channel is used by Ravenholdt's RP community, and the event's organizers will also be hanging out in here. It's for out-of-character chatter of any kind. You're welcome to talk, but you don't have to. Finally, walk your character to Orgrimmar. For assistance, send a whisper to Nene or Shivann. Once you are in The Wyvern's Tail, you're free to walk in and sit down with whoever is there, or hang around outside near the river, whatever makes you happy. If you don't want to be roleplayed with, I suggest typing "/afk" or "/dnd" to show you're not currently available for interaction. Optional: Though none of the organizers have high-level characters on Ravenholdt, we do have a guild, <Sleight>. Again, contact Shivann or Nene for a guild invitation. You'll be given access to a guild bank tab full of clothes, toys, and items usable at level one to add flavor to your new character. (Incidentally, we are also accepting donations of fun things to help fill the tab.) You'll be able to remain in the guild and/or keep the items at the end of the event. Any questions or suggestions? You're welcome to ask anything, here or in-game. I'm especially interested in helping out new roleplayers, so if you have questions about RP etiquette, character development, or anything else, toss them my way. This post will be shared with several RP forums across the internet soon, so please let me know what can be added or clarified. I hope to see you there! *** That's right, Ravenholdt! We'll be hosting a (hopefully!) wide range of new characters this Friday, all looking for some roleplaying fun! You're likely to see some new faces in /horde, so don't hesitate to say hello! I encourage all that can to make themselves available in the Valley of Honor for roleplay during this event, and make our guests feel welcome and at home in our lovely server.Naunet16 Feb 7, 2012