Wyrmrest Accord

Jun 1, 2014 [A] Weekly Newspaper So I've had a great idea that once a week there should perhaps be a 'newspaper' posted on the forums, with like different articles and such. I personally think it'd be a great way for Rp groups to share their storylines with the world, and it'll introduce others to what might be happening in the world. Pretty much a very big chance to get more people involved in Different Rps. Icly this toon is a journalist so I guess if you people are down for this, people could whisper me when I'm online with their ideas for stories, and I could possibly make an article about it. Good idea, yes or no?Jalila6 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 Guys we have a problem here. So we need to come up with a way to get MoonGuard off our server, or have Blizzard bubble Goldshire. I really hate that I got reported for saying "!@#$" and got a warning for it, but the people of MoonGuard are going around saying some very discussing things. That seems really unfair to me. I have a few ideas on how to fix this. 1. Send a GM out to GS and crack down on the ERP there. 2. Make an 18+ Server for ERP and move MG there. 3. Like I said Bubble GS like they did will Dala so only MG can see MG and WrA can see WrA. 4. Just completely remove them from our server by making a petition to do so. It really takes the fun out of the game for me when I pass by and read what they are saying in General Chat. Please Blizzard you guys really need to do something about this.Vantes106 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 Evil Character/Guilds? So, I couldn't help but notice that EVERYONE is good -- at least, that's how it seems, anyway. Everyone who's MRP I've read or who I am come across or RP'd with are all good guys to the point of their white knight sense of justice being down right nauseating. Not only that, but all the guilds that are always advertised seem to have some noble, heroic, or positive purpose. The worst character I've come across was one who talked crap to a Vrykul character in the Stormwind Cathedral for being a Vrykul, tried to pick a fight, spat on the floor and then ran away when they called the guards. I mean, c'mon...that can't be all there is to it, can it? So, I wanna know, are there any evil characters and guilds out there that are ACTUALLY evil? Preferably not the dumb evil with no real motive other than "lol lets take over da wurld!" but with some actual thought behind it. Overzealous Religious Characters/Guilds with questionable motives, Burning Legion followers, druggies, humanoid traffickers, terrorists, radical racial purity groups (i.e. - K.K.K. like oriented characters of guilds who violently target all who are not a particular race.), etc. That kind of stuff? If there are, please, tell me about them. If you have a character like this, please, detail their personality or thoughts, or type of evil in a comment. I'm, like, genuinely curious.Monunlae77 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 Worgen/Gilnean Registration & Refugee Center At various points of entry throughout Stormwind City, large clapboard displays have been erected, pieces of paper pinned down heavily. In the stilted wording common of onerous governmental releases with numerous places emboldened for emphasis, it declares: In the aftermath of the dire events that have befallen our dear Azeroth, hereafter known as the Shattering, the glorious Alliance has graciously accepted the proud citizens of Gilneas back amongst their membership. Depleted by the siege of the deplorable Forsaken, and ravaged by the curse of the monstrous Worgen, while Gilneas remains under tenuous Alliance military control in a joint effort of the Gilnean Liberation Front, many of her native citizens have begun the processing of emigrating from their troubled homeland to the security of Alliance territory. Within the next six days, it is anticipated that Stormwind City shall become the home of a flood of Gilnean immigrants. As such, be it hereby known that the Stormwind Census Bureau, established on the authority of the Monarchy of Stormwind and House of Nobles, seeks to compile a directory of these exiled citizens. As a matter of public record and safety, all Gilnean immigrants are urged to report their arrival at the earliest opportunity, and are welcome to peruse the public record for information on missing family and friends. Be it also understood that to further assist in the reacquisition of the lives and prosperity of Gilnean refugees, a temporary meeting place has been established for these new arrivals. Through the Dwarven District may be found a small patch of farmland and a small body of water known as Olivia’s Pond. Through a gracious arrangement with the landowners, it is agreed that for the immediate period Gilnean citizens may freely congregate in this area, in the hopes that they shall be able to rediscover lost friends and family. As available, relief supplies such as food and clothing shall also be provided to these displaced masses. We strongly encourage all citizens of the Alliance to visit the refugee area, and to acquaint yourselves with our new allies. Surrounding the proclamations are numerous haphazardly placed sheets of parchment – fliers advertising affordable apartments in Old City, the Slaughtered Lamb tavern, guild recruitment and social invitation and a few crudely drawn pictures of Worgen with the caption “Go back to your doghouse, beasts!”Fulbreth131 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 The Fall of Malverlain Stormwind is in shambles at the news. The Mayor, Malcolm Valdectis, was actually a power crazed warlock. A hole was shot through the orphanage by the enraged Mayor on an official visit, after a number of strategic pranks by the orphans caused him to snap. That is when investigator Managan Southpaw decided to strike. Her evidence was swift and damning. Under the watchful eye of the neutral judge, Prella Northshire of the Argent Crusade, and with the aid of a number of witnesses, Malverlain was found guilty of numerous crimes. But it didn't end here. Malverlain, backed into a corner, unleashed his power on the people in the courtroom. Numerous Stormwind Guards were slain. And many others badly burned and wounded. Ultimately, Signor Carsons, a former friend of Malv, held Malverlain while another man, Terok Lightsender, cracked the fire gem on his forehead. Chaos ensued. Malverlain was utterly blown to pieces. And incinerated into ash. Everyone in the room was badly burned. What will happen now? Malverlain is dead, but political chaos has been left behind..... To be continued.Malverlain169 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 A short Wranduin Comic I found. http://captaindazya.tumblr.com/post/86773601643/this-happyending ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** Zogg you, I'm not crying, I'm not.Ghentarn19 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 What Are Your Characters' Nicknames? Me? Well, they call me Sourbeard. Actually, I'm just a bit of inspiration from Dick Deadeye (from H.M.S. Pinafore) and Grumpy – that one dwarf from Snow White. See, I'm supposed to be very simple, unlike most complicated characters who are complex and difficult. I'm just SOUR and MEAN – and a little bit of RUDE. I'm either picking on someone, or I'm folding my arms and projecting a glare at ya. Uh, yeah, I know that's random and all. :Y So, what are ye nicknames? Also, please tell me the inspiration for ya name and what ya got for ya character. I'm just a sour dwarf. Also, I think simple characters are MUCH better than complex characters. Simple is good; complex is just yuck. I mean, characters who are too complex are just a mess.Sourbeard49 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 If you ever need someone! I know this may seem like a random forum, however. I'm here to help people on Wyrmrest when they need someone to talk too. I may be on Horde more then Alliance, but I'm more then willing to change sides if someone needs me! I'm very flexible and I don't worry about raiding or PVP as much so I'm almost always free! DogeMaster#1714 That's the Battletag if you can't wait or you urgently need someone! I'm always here for a fellow player, and I'll listen to just about any issue and give you whatever advice I can!Rukkan5 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 Random amusements Finished the tentacle farm today. http://i.imgur.com/wVQFipm.jpg What have you been doing to keep yourself entertained?Qazzi11 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 Other servers suddenly all over Pandaria What's going on?! Moonguard's screaming in the shrine, Cenarion circle's in Half hilll, and a few others are running around interrupting RP! It's pandaria! That's not supposed to happen! Blizzard?!Derekil26 Jun 1, 2014
Jun 5, 2014 Last Call Zul'Jin Server Who are we and what are our goals? We are <Last Call> (7/14HM 10) (Level 25) on US Zul'Jin. We are a core group of individuals, looking to expand to a 25 man roster for 6.0 patch so we can trim down to 20 man raiding for WoD. We seek to push further into the last parts of HM SoO in the 25 man setting for more loot and a much bigger community of people who enjoy the game, enjoy raiding, and want to grow together into WoD. The leaders in Last Call have all been long standing raiders throughout the WoW era who bring a wealth of knowledge to the raid environment and the Raid Leader is a previous Top US 65th raider in ToT (25 man), with other raiders that have been in the Top 100 US rankings throughout their wow history. In addition to raiding, Last Call strives to have a relaxed social aspect to the guild. It is our core function when it's not raid day. We love to do old content runs as well as social events to bring more of the guild community feeling back to the game. We believe upholding positive environments on every level of this game will keep moral at it's peak at all times. What are we looking for? We are looking for quality players who can play their class well and who are properly geared for HM content. At this point we are looking for just about everything. Spots that need immediate filled roles are as follows: Mage Discipline Priest Restoration Druid Holy Paladin Shadow Priest Elemental Shaman Rogue Frost Death Knight Windwalker Monk But, as stated above, we are looking for anyone who knows their class well and can play it equally as well. So if you are a skilled and geared player, please still inquire. What are our raid times? We raid Fri-Sat. Friday is 7:30-11:30 server and Sat is 6:30-9:30 server (EST) What are the requirements for joining the guild/Raid Core? We are a social guild when not in raids so you can expect to be able to play with friends rather easily. To join the Core Raid group, we require an equip ilevel of 555+ and a knowledge of all fights on HM (this can be negotiable under certain conditions). Access to vent is a must along with a working mic. We will also take more consideration into potential members if you have WOL ready to be examined. How is loot distributed? As we transition into the 25 man group, we have a loot council that takes performance, attendance, and loot priority of upgrades into consideration when awarding loot. It is always MS>OS. How do I go about joining/ask questions about the guild? Send a Battle Tag request to Vollrath#1422 or Falopi#1745 or pst anyone online to speak with an officer for more in-game details. Please ask anyone in guild if an officer is online, as all of us have MANY alts we play on. We thank you for your time reading our post and we look forward to meeting you!Namë30 Jun 5, 2014
May 31, 2014 Character Pictures! So I was just curious as to what everyone's character looked like. Yeah, sure, you have your physical descriptions in your MRP's or your TRP's and what not, but I'm talking an actual image! Do you have a photo representation of your character (assuming your character doesn't look exactly like the model you have in game)? If so, link it for everyone to see! What made you choose that particular image? Was it because it was a perfect fit? Cute? Funny? Awesome? Here's one I chose for Monunlae that I found on a tumblr: http://i.imgur.com/eTm2RDP.png What about you guys in WrA?Monunlae5 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 LF RP - Villain? If anyone horde-side, or any guild/group doing a campaign is in need of a villain, I volunteer Kelafein. I've been wanting to get into RP again, but haven't been able to lately. Contact me in this thread, or in game. I can fly around on a Frost Wyrm, slaughter with my axe, and am perfectly fine with Kelafein being killed by some goody-two-shoes paladin.Kelafein0 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 Happy Birthday to Gussy! Best wishes for a great day! :DVandrysse5 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 [A] Healer Looking for Work Hey WrA, my flex group is moving to a different night and I'll no longer be able to run with them. So I'm looking for a flex or normal that is in need of a druid healer. I am available every evening aside from Wednesday and Thursday, preferably around 8 pm Pacific (so 5 server) or later. I have 555 ilevel and both cloaks (but please don't ask me to DPS for real because moonkin still confuses me). I am punctual and reliable and bring my own flasks and food. I'm looking for a laid-back and friendly group, ideally 2 nights max. I don't really check the forum often so I'm best reached by in-game mail or you can add my battletag, DancingHare #1943 Hope to hear from you!Ornasse1 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 Bomzik Talk Radio. Gooooooooooood morning Wyrmrest Accord! First of, allow me to wish all you gits living in the past a Happy Star Wars day! Now that that is out of the way, how are folks doing today? How have your weekends been? Myself I finally got round to seeing the Lego Movie, and found it rather entertaining. Back at work today, being Monday for me, and my bung leg is giving me all kinds of f'n grief. Game wise, I've been considering rolling a Worgen druid, as the Northrend RP thread has made gears in my head turn for a character concept. Main thing I actually need to sort out is a name, 'cause I tend to like having fairly unique names for my characters.Bomzik154 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 Night Elf RP? I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but it seriously needs to be addressed: What happened? Why the inactivity and splintering? I want to have some sort of community or guild where my night elf isn't forced to conform to standard Alliance military regime if she joins a military guild, or jump into a really weird guild that's all over the place with inactivity and no organization. There should be a lot of bustling individuals in Darnassus but they're all in Stormwind. Granted the Mage Quarter is now the area the night elves all hang around (which I find strange since the area behind the Cathedral's pretty snazzy) there's still the need to address why every time I walk around there is almost no one RPing and simply standing around, waiting for someone to walk up and notice. Or maybe I'm crazy. I'll be in Darnassus a lot on Nymphnote and Arymeia. <3 At least, as often as I can. I'd love to see some more RP in Darnassus or Ashenvale (there's that 3 day event after all). Hope to see you around! (And I hope this can encourage a guild to start up with the idea to restore balance to the world or something cliche like that).Nymphnote45 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 GHI and custom music I have some questions because reasons that I am not ready to announce- I've heard that you can put out-of-game music files into GHI, for example some flute music for a flute item. Is this true? And if so, how can I do this?Amberarrow9 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 Gnome style Robots! You know those giant robots, like crowd pounders and the kinda mechineer thermaplugg ride around in, is it possible someone else that isn't a gnome could build one of them and ride around in it?... I mean, people are already flying around in shredders, and using wormhole generators that I'm pretty sure the kirin tor would kill you for using without authorization. Not to mention lightning generators, and ray guns that turn you in to chickens. So I think it's possible, but I like second opinions. What do you guys think? Is it possible for a non gnome to build and operate a robot/steam armor device? P.S, keep the flames down please:PLokiira14 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 Looking for Challenge mode carries! As the title says I'm looking for a 9/9 gold challenge mode carry group. I'm willing to pay up to 100k gold! I'm in full pvp gear which hopefully won't be an issuesMokitai3 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 Who Was Your First... ...roleplay character on Wyrmrest? There's a lot of people who've killed off or retired characters but I'm sure we all remember our first here. Who was your first, what was their story, and what were your favourite parts of them or your roleplay with them? Best characters you played them off of, favourite storylines? Do you miss them or do you still roleplay them as your main or an alt? Sure some of them are great but I'm sure that we all have some real groaners of lore and character mistakes when we started. What did you learn and what would you change looking back?Tajha75 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 Greetings<3 Hello everyone! I am looking for like minded RPers that love to PvP/ Wpvp. I'm having trouble finding potent RP-PvPers and it's reallyyyyy annoying me :/. Pst me in game if you are interested!Colai0 May 31, 2014
May 30, 2014 <Geronimo!> 5/14H Needs a healer! <H> Hiya! Geronimo is looking to replace our long time, and real life buddy, druid healer. Real life issues have made it hard for him to show up and its time we start looking to adding a new friend to our team. We raid Wednesday and Sunday from 7:30-10:30pm eastern (4:30-7:30 server) What we're looking for: Resto Druid, Holy Paladin, or Disc Priest 550+ Ilvl with legendary cloak Mic and Mumble required (8/9 of us don't bite!) Previous experience is a plus! We are a serious raiding guild but we take it with a very laid back, joking, approach. Everyone on the team gets along well, so as long as you can pull your weight you'll do fine. Drop a post here if you're interested or feel free to contact myself, or one of the other guildies in game!Durostar1 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 I'm looking for the owner of the name Kairos Okay, so the jig is up! I was hoping to keep it hush but I have a feeling he knows. My best friend's birthday is on Monday and I was hoping to make this name available for him since His RP character, Kairos, currently is forced to use an alternative name. I am still looking for all information anyone might have on the level 2 blood elf that owns it, and am very willing to pay for it to be released.Allarius18 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 I resubbed, now what? I've been following people on tumblr who play and the bug bite me once more. Only thing is, I'll probably just get this character to 90 and thats it. I enjoy RPing but I haven't been -in- the community for two to three years, and I don't know a jack about where Horde hangs out and what not. Any opinions/tips? I've read alot of the RP guides/answers and what not.. and It hasn't really helped or maybe I'm just running into the wrong people. ((Sorry for short post and or short replies, my finger is busted.))Ragyo12 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 The Gnomes Strike Again! Been a while since I've done one of these, but the mighty munchkins of Gnomeregan Forever just got out of a fun night in Siege of Orgrimmar where we cut Nourshen's Challenge down to size. That big shadowy sha had us stumped for a while, but now I think we've got his penumbrae. I realize this isnt much of an accomplishment to the big raiding guilds but In the immortal words of Mick Jagger: "I know its only SoO Flex but I like it!" At least I'm pretty sure thats what he said. He was pretty drunk at the time. http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/GnomereganForever/G4-NourshFlx052814Md.jpg "More like the Sha of Floor Coverings! Am I right Gnomes??" - Forbs - Forbs "For Gnomeregan!"Forbidra9 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 What music do you listen while playing? Share you're music you listen to while Playing Warcraft! Right now I've had the WoW PvP Music series on, or Device- Device (FULL ALBUM). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gvTzCYYwfAViliwyth21 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 Orc-y surname So, I made an Orc shaman and named her Gresna Stormhammer, but I've been told a few times that the last name makes her sound like a Dwarf. The idea was that she uses hammers and well... channels the elements through them to augment them, like we see in-game. Stormmace, Stormaxe and Stormblade were other considerations, but the first two sound bad together and I was wanting her to lean more towards blunt weapons. I could go for something without "Storm" involved... so... help :|?Ranethrial13 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 [Event!] Noggenfogger Roulette! Hello everyone! I have a game I've been absolutely DYING To try out, and after a trial run with a few friends Tuesday night, I have decided to try and make this a huge, fun event! Ladies, Gentlemen, and otherwise, I present to you, Noggenfogger Roulette! Noggenfogger Roulette is a game of luck, plain and simple! All you do is jump, drink, and hope luck is on your side long enough to survive! There are a few requirements; - Provide your own Noggenfogger! This is probably a no-brainer, seeing as the elixirs are soulbound. It's suggested that you have at least 2 full stacks (40) or more! - Priests, Mages, and any other class that can use a 'slow fall' move are not allowed to use those moves. It hasn't yet been a problem, but if it becomes one, those classes will be disqualified from playing. - You do not have to be level 90! If you want to participate but are not yet able to make the trip to get your Noggenfogger, I and my friends are more than willing to fly you to Gadgetzan to get you some stacks! Though, the item requires level 35, so...And yes, there are prizes for overall Non-Deaths! The pot this week was 500g! The rules themselves are simple. -Bring your Noggenfogger -Whisper me and meet up at the designated Jump spot (Thunder Bluff usually, though we will mix things up!) -TAKE OFF YOUR ARMOR! This is important, seeing as when you die from falling you take durability damage! -Wait for everyone to be ready to go. -When everyone is ready...JUMP!! -DRINK THE NOGGENFOGGER WHILE YOU ARE FALLING! -??? -PROFIT! (Or death by falling) So, there you have it! Originally I was intending only to do 5 rounds, but It seems better to go, and go, and go....for about 3 hours. Hooowever, I will shorten the event length to two hours for now, and see how that goes for the first few games. Prizes can and will vary from x amount of gold, to rare Battle pets, to whatever I can think up. People are more than welcome to join in and add to the prize pool! I will be holding this game/Event every Wednesday (That I can) at 10:30 pm Server time. If you are up for joining, let me know in this thread, an In-game Whisper/mail, or just show up ready to jump! this is only for Horde atm, but if there is enough alliance Interest, I will be glad to host this game on Alliance Side! (This post is liable to be edited several times as I come up with a better way to do rounds!)Jascera15 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 WeeklyWorldRP Discussion I've had an idea that I've been toying with for awhile now, and I'd like to hear what the community has to say about it and see if anyone might be interested. There are a number of lovely zones out there that would be wonderful for RP that sadly go unused more often than not. Mind you this is not a polemic on City RP or those who happen to enjoy it! I just want to find a way to get more people out into the world in an organized manner, while giving characters a solid reason to be out doing stuff. My idea is to have a planned "hotspot" somewhere in Azeroth each week with a list of possible reasons for characters to be out there, doing whatever it is they prefer to do. There would be no real overarching narrative or GM, leaving what happens entirely in the hands of those participating. It would just be a way to encourage random, walk-up World RP without any real "story" to speak of. Here's an example: ... What do you think?Florimond28 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 NPC relationships. So I'm creating a new character for roleplay and I've decided on pandaren. I started bouncing around ideas and I came to the conclusion that far too many pandaren play the calm monk with little material goods stereotype so I decided to go with the opposite. The concept of a rich pandaren socialite riding on family money sounded like a fun character. I started my search for any place in pandaria that my character could claim they were from and I found a large stretch of farmland with a large empty house. I thought it was great until I saw that the only inhabitant of the land was standing just outside the building, Old Hillpaw. I liked the place alot but was a little miffed that it was already taken. Then I realized. why couldn't Old Hillpaw be my pandaren's father or uncle etc. etc. That's when I started wondering if it would be acceptable. He's not a major character but he is tied into a few quests and part of the tillers line. Would this minor character be alright to tie my character to or is this too much seeing as I am changing in game universe too much by implying that this character would be rich?Wrenzo23 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 LF an rp partner(s) for a good storyline! As I am no longer interested in the random rp that occurs in Horde cities, I am looking for some rp partner(s) to do a storyline! I am not looking towards rping skills, but rather similar interests in rp. It doesn't matter to me if you are new to rp or experienced with rp, it's really all about having fun! I really have no preferred storylines, but.... I will NOT do: Dark/mature themes, erp themes, or anything to do with extreme violence or gore. As to keep it easy for all, I will not do crossfaction rp either. I would like to keep it friendly and safe for all, as I value healthy environments. I am okay with doing relationships, but I do not want them to be the focus of the storyline.Mordravia5 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 Abradalf Lincler "Prepare to be emancipated from your inferior genes."Ranethrial1 May 30, 2014
May 30, 2014 [H] Heroic Firelands Run, Today Possibly Looking to put together a group of about 7 people, maybe 10 (including myself) to do 10 man Firelands heroic. I'm looking to go after the Achievement Only the Penitent. We can try for others if the group wishes but the achievement I posted is my main concern. All loot is open roll. And please come prepared to take your time attempting Only the Penitent. Too many Oqueue groups ruined it for me seeing as one person disliked taking a minute to do this forcing the group to forgo the achievement. I will be doing this on my Mage seeing as 5 of my 90's are now locked to groups who couldn't do it. I plan to run this sometime tonight so any interested persons please respond. I will plan for this to go down anytime between 7-10 server time. If I can find all the people between those times then we will get going. If you have achievements already and just want mog gear or to help out that'd be a huge plus. Thanks for reading, look forward to doing this.Naralis0 May 30, 2014
May 29, 2014 Happy Birthday to Gwendel! Best wishes for a great day :DVandrysse6 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 The Little Played Races I got into a small talk with a few guildies and it came to a point where we started talking about the various races that one could possibly RP as that are NOT actually playable by default. During the span of the discussion, quite a few races came to mind: Murlocs, Arakkoa, Centuars, Dryads, Dragons, Troggs, Gnolls, Tuskarr, etc. Here's a list of the races if anybody is interested and don't know a few: http://wowpedia.org/Category:Races What also came up was the likelihood of X race being accepted by either faction and the likelihood of them actually being RP'd properly as well as the player model most similar to whatever race you picked and/or items that transform you into the race or similar. Apparently, there are a few races that people attempt to RP that are done poorly (I have never had experience with this, I kinda just took it at face value) such as Dragon Aspect RPers. Personally, the only kind of races that I have encountered that are not default are Vrykuls, a Gnoll, a Succubus and Quel'Dorei/Half Elves. So WrA forum lurkers, tell me. If you were to play one of the more little known races, which would you try? Why would you try them? How do you think they should act in order to be believable? What model/item could you use to make it look most similar to that race? Would playing that race actually be practical (because let's face it...there's kinda no point in playing kill on sight races unless you want to be KOS all the time...)? If you do play one of the lesser known races, got any tips for people who want to do it themselves? How do you RP said character in order to be believable? What race do you play? What reactions do you get from people who come across you or RP with you? Also, could someone please tell me why Dragon Aspect RPers are so "Frowned upon"? That's what people keep telling me and I just don't get why, lol.Monunlae48 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Video games and real life violence. While noticing a recently deleted and disrespectful thread I saw a link comparing a certain killers actions to Garrosh and noting that the killer was a World of Warcraft player. I honestly never heard of this media publication and I honestly do not know how credible the site is but it made me think of all the times in the past video games and other media had gotten some flack for the actions of people who played them and committed violence. I would like to think everyone of us on this server are mentally sound enough people and would not engage in this behavior but do you think violent media in general has an effect or the mentally disturbed? and should we as a community (Gamers as a whole) being looking at ways to police and report others are displaying signs of violent tenancies?Dawnblood66 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Video Gamez Other than WoW (duh), what's everyone playing right now? Anything coming up that you're excited for? After all the hullabaloo over Thief 4 I've decided to give Thief: Gold and Thief: The Metal Age a spin and oh my goodness. The atmosphere, the setting, the quality of the storytelling, the gameplay... everything is fantastic! I'm ashamed I haven't played them sooner. I'm also really, really, really excited for Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's not quite the return to the pre-Halo golden age of FPS, but it looks close enough to me. I suppose it helps that I'm a sucker for retro futuristic settings. And beating up !@#$s. Edit: if you haven't seen the "On a Train to Berlin" trailer go watch it. GO.Florimond142 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 A cool doll thing in case you're bored So I was very bored on my day off today and found this nifty little dollmaker game. It's super detailed and lots of fun, but probably only good for making humans and elves for now sadly, and maybe draenei if you're creative with it http://www.dolldivine.com/ascension-couple-creator.php I made my monk / shaman Khveyth and my rogue Bowan, yaaaay https://24.media.tumblr.com/207eaf1f07c7d29c7a0100d7748f0a52/tumblr_n69lq9PnGm1t0djtjo1_500.png https://24.media.tumblr.com/a14d507fa76609dba5096e85ca2c155e/tumblr_n69fcnMXg31sipiw9o1_500.png If anyone's up to it post 'em here!Bowan30 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Thinking about rolling a Goblin. So whats the best class?Baodai2 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Awesome Wind Walker Monk guide! I mean it is really great! It really improved my monk's DPS quite a bit! http://youtu.be/auY6Uv7hLSADawnblood2 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Memorial Day Weekend http://tinyurl.com/krqnacs Envy your dead, human pig-dogs.Borgg5 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 A-RP <Kharanei> The legacy of Argus lives on “Cast out from our own home, driven across the universe, hunted and hounded for twenty-five millennia...broken, beaten, betrayed, and purged to the very edge of extinction. We have lost much. But we have not lost our faith, because we have not lost ourselves. They are one and the same. “Our home is the Light. It is our way, and our solace in the face of terrible loss, for it shows us that nothing is ever truly destroyed. We are draenei, Uncorrupted, by choice. We more than survive; we live. “As the Light has carried us thus far, we now carry it onward.” It is a time of both hope and testing for the draenei people. Reeling from the genocide on Draenor, they have nonetheless found a new life on Azeroth, and for the first time, found a place among an Alliance which the Prophet Velen has foreseen holds the hope to a final end of the Burning Legion. Life on this new world presents hazards as well as opportunities. The Kharanei Order was founded to address these. Charged with the preservation and celebration of draenei culture, the Kharanei are a diverse group of individuals called together to hold onto the identity of a civilization. Preserving and celebrating traditions and history threatened with extinction, they not only protect the memory of their people, but carry it onward, sharing their customs among new friends in the Alliance, and ensuring that no matter what price the eternal war against the Legion demands, the next generation will still know what it means to be draenei. The Kharanei have always placed a higher regard on inclusiveness than purity, offering a sanctuary for any who call themselves draenei. Holding among their ranks some of the Broken, death knights of Acherus and even some who had once fallen to the Legion but been redeemed, the Order asks of its members only that they are devoted to the ideals of the Light, and the service of the People. Their doors are ever open. *** ((OOC)) *** <Kharanei> , Wyrmrest Accord's oldest draenei racial RP guild, is open to new members! Seeking any and all draenei characters in search of a friendly, drama-free environment offering roleplay both structured and spontaneous. We have regular social events for members, and frequently foster officer-run storylines in addition to more casual forms of storytelling. Looking for a chance to develop your draenei character, build connections and have fun in game? We may have what you seek. Roleplaying a draenei can be a daunting prospect, especially for those new to it, as Blizzard hasn't given us a lot to work with. Draenei have less confirmed lore than just about any other playable race, but that doesn't mean we can't work with what we do have! <Kharanei> is a lore-compliant guild, and we expect members to conform to and respect the lore...but that's a pretty relaxed standard, for draenei. We're glad to help newer members along in getting a handle on the lore, so don't be shy about applying even if you're just getting into a draenei character. We offer resources on our website to learn the lore, and love talking about it in our OOC chat in game. Above all else, we are a roleplaying guild, interested in character development and story first and foremost. We love to play all aspects of the game together, and offer all the perks of a level 25 guild, but our main emphasis will always be RP. This may not be the place to look for a dedicated raid or battleground team, for example—though our members do both things, and more besides! All we ask of members is a basic standard of behavior and good citizenship, and that you participate in fostering the friendly, supportive environment that makes WoW a pleasant place for us to log into. Interested? Have a look at kharanei.guildlaunch.com to see our detailed rules and policies, and put in an application if you think Kharanei may be the place for your draenei! You can always speak to any member of the guild whom you find online; we're always glad to meet new people, and answer questions about what we do. May the Light illumine your path.Azhaar3 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Movin on over Rockin on over, move over little dog, mean old dog is movin in. Now that hopefully one person has that song in their head, it's time for another exciting round of: 'New person on the server looking for advice.' Today's contestant is Huju, formerly avid player of the game back in TBC, who has been bouncing about the game fora few months on PvE and PvP servers, but has decided to get back to his roots on RP realms. Hobbies include: -Tanking -Healing -Punting gnomes through field goals for extra points even though bloodbowl isn't related to warcraft in the slightest. But in all seriousness, I'm looking to get back into RPing, and with Warlords on the horizon, Horde is where I have my on since I have too much fun with Tides of Darkness when I was younger. That said, I fully intend to roll Alliance as well, since limiting one's self on a RP server is only getting half the pie. So really, I'm looking for advice on which side seems to be the under dog, and which races really don't seem to get much show time in RP. I like going for the lesser represented races, and the only thing I'm committed to is an Orc Shaman. I'd give a list of RP preferences, but really it's fairly broad, ranging from looney tunes slapstick to more dark things like the forsaken's zones quest lines. Beyond that, and guilds or hotpots to keep an eye out for (in a good way) would be much appreciated.Huju2 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 This ain't goodbye... It's see you later alligator. Hmmm... Actually first time I've ever done a thing like this. Usually when I vanish from a community I do just that, fade away until I ain't there no more. But then again, I'm not gonna be buggering off for ever. Once WoD rolls out I'll be back, but until then I ain't doing enough with WoW to justify the cost. So, until we make our way to lands uh... Known, I guess, via wonky time-wimey shenanigans, I trust that other goblins around these forums will be keeping business running smoothly. Oh, and I just recalled the other reason I made this. Any folks that are going to be poking Wildstar. I'll most likely be knocking about the RP realm as Peel. Give me a buzz if you are so inclined. So until I return, stay snazzy Wyrmrest.Bomzik11 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Looking to join/help build a new RP guild Hey everyone! I've learned a lot over my years of wow RPing, and the things I've learned and know for sure are: 1. My favorite/best RP experiences have been with fledgling guilds or with guilds that aren't even formed yet. It's that shared excitement I think. 2. The place in life I excel at is in support. When it comes to guilds, I always do best and find my niche when I'm able to support the cause in meaningful ways, and know where best to put that support. In general, I get the most fulfillment in WoW RP by being useful both OOC and IC. For new guilds, from personal experience with starting my own guilds in the past, having even one member who is excited about the guild and it's story, will post on the forums, donate bags, chit-chat with other guild members, and gather members who are online for impromptu RP fun, makes all the difference in the world. I also know from personal experience, that as a guild leader, the beginning is the toughest and most disheartening part. So is there someone out there looking to start an RP guild but doesn't have support, a charter that is still getting signed, or a guild that hasn't been around very long? My personal ideal, would be a medium to heavy RP guild that cares about lore, and where a Worgen makes sense (though I'm open to rolling another character). And to be clear - I am not looking to be made an officer (I'm not against it as I excel at that role too, but know that I want to earn it like everyone else), or given special perks. As for Trad, he's in flux and his story can easily be ret-conned to suit whatever the needs of the guild. So lemme know guys! You can reply to this thread, or send me a whisper in game :). Even if i'm in a dungeon (actually... especially if I'm in a dungeon) as healing at this level is insanely mindless. P.S. - It's also important to me that I can get excited about your guild too, so I will want to know all the details you've established thus far to see if I would be a good fit. I reserve the right to say no (but ya know, nicely).Trad0 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Looking for a kind of guild Heya! I'm looking for the Horde side equivalent of Cozmic's Playground: lots of 90s and people to talk with and run LFR, Flex and normals with. I'm not a hardcore raider, but I do enjoy seeing the content. Can anyone point me in the right direction? DankeArakawa0 May 29, 2014
May 28, 2014 580 warlock 10/14h Guild stopped raiding, would like to finish the tier. Looking for similarly progressed group. Frost#1183Frostwarlock2 May 28, 2014
May 28, 2014 What's Right with Wyrmrest Accord I've roleplayed on Scarlet Crusade, Thorium Brotherhood, Moon Guard and Cenarion Circle. I've played on Virtue, City of Heroes' unofficial RP server. I've roleplayed on Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Star Wars: Galaxies, Rift and on player-made and run servers on Neverwinter Nights. It's safe to say I've been around the block. And you know what? Never have I encountered an RP community with as much life and with as many genuinely awesome people as I have playing on Wyrmrest Accord. Is this server perfect? Of course not. There's no such thing as perfection. We have our foibles, our drama, our trolls and other unsavory types. But for all the bad, there's three times as much good. I've enjoyed every second I've spent playing and roleplaying on WrA, even when I've found myself frustrated or annoyed at some inconsequential thing or another. And I just know that I'll continue to enjoy every moment spent with such a wonderful, talented community of people, even if you do occasionally make me want to beat my head against a wall! Never stop being awesome, WrA. I love you guys! <3Florimond44 May 28, 2014
May 28, 2014 Guild forums? Hi, Team Wyrmrest. (Can I call you that, collectively?) Oregano here, continuing on in my everlasting quest to find homes for my eight thousand alts. Now, I know guild-seekers usually just get redirected to the stickies, and with good reason, but I have a question they can't necessarily answer. Basically, I'm looking for a guild that owns and makes use of a website. I grew up on forum roleplay, and I still think a website can be a really valuable tool for a guild to network. Obviously I don't expect all of the guild's roleplay to take place in forums, because there's got to be some reason we keep paying to play this game. But a guild that uses its website as a place to post in-character journals or guild plots would be really awesome. Any advice on where I might start looking? Alliance or Horde, I go both ways. Ladies.Oregano10 May 28, 2014