Mobile Bug Report

6d Greetings from Blizzard Mobile! Hello Everyone! My name is Liogela, and I am the new Mobile Bug Report Forums moderator. To give you a brief background on myself, I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 4 years and have been involved as a tester and/or leader on several of our major titles over that time span. I am now working specifically with the Blizzard Mobile QA and Development teams and will act as your liaison to the Mobile testing team. While our Quality Assurance team works very hard to help make our apps as clean as possible, our resources can never match the thousands upon thousands of users of our apps. That's where you come in! These forums have always been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here. I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Blizzard Mobile Development. Important Threads: How to write a good bug report - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784199 Guidelines (this one is super important) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110Liogela175 6d
Dec 2, 2014 Remote App and Authenticator Release Notes As requested, I have gone ahead and created an unofficial set of release/patch notes for the several released versions of both the Mobile App and the Battle.net Authenticator. I intend to keep this up-to-date with future versions as well. Keep in mind, this is not a complete set of notes due to the fact that I am not involved in the internal development/QA process, so any fixes or changes made that the public are unaware of, I won't be able to log. WoW Remote App Version 3.2.0 (iOS) - November 23rd, 2011 Real-time realm status is now available from the main menu. In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.2.2 (Android) - November 23rd, 2011 In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Android devices with smaller screen sizes (240x320) are now supported. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.1.3 - August 21st, 2011 Added Talent Calculator Version 2.1.1 - July ?th, 2011 ??? Version 2.1.0 - July 19th, 2011 Added Talents & Glyphs, Reputations, Professions, Calendar Events, and Bookmarks Improved search technology Links to items and achievements received in Remote Guild Chat now link to those sections in the app. Links to enchants, quests, abilities, talents, and professions received in Remote Guild Chat now display tool tips. Various bug fixes Version 2.0.3 - May 8th, 2011 AH authenticated actions fail: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456729433#3 Character Not in a Guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208945 Temporarily Unavailable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2516832162 Version 2.0.2 - May 3rd, 2011 DroidX Freezing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416120453 Changed logout time: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456730757 Version 2.0.1 - May 2nd, 2011 Force Close: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456476892 Version 2.0.0 - April 25th, 2011 The World of Warcraft Auction House app is now known as the World of Warcraft Remote app, and a number of new features have been added. The new Remote Guild Chat feature allows you to participate in your guild's in-game chat channel in real-time, have one-on-one conversations with members of our guild, and more. Added character sheets Added support for guilds Search for characters, items guilds Bug fixes and UI Improvements At this time, the free preview of Remote Guild Chat is only available to characters on the following game realms: All North/South American and Oceanic Realms All European Realms All Korean Realms ---- Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (iPhone) Version 1.3.1 - June 8th, 2011 Version 1.3.0 - ??? Version 1.0.1 - March 11th, 2010 A new "Copy" feature lets you copy the currently displayed authentication code into your device's clipboard. You can then paste it into other text entry fields, such as when accessing Battle.net Account Management from your mobile. Miscellaneous UI improvements Version 1.0.0 - March 31st, 2009 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Android) Version 1.1.0 - July 5th, 2011 Widget support New "restore" feature Version 1.0.0 - February 10th, 2010 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Windows Phone 7) Version 1.0.0 - July 5th, 2011 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Various Mobile Phones) Version 1.0.0 - July 20th, 2009 Originally released. ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen56 Dec 2, 2014
Dec 24, 2014 Battle.net Authenticator Changes I've seen a couple of threads asking about the change to the Authenticator and why they aren't being prompted upon login, so I figured i'd port over the announcement from Zarhym here for those who may have missed it. ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529777 ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen9 Dec 24, 2014
4d Unable to Connect to Guild Chat after Paid Service Hello, I've been unable to connect to remote my guild chat through any mobile armory (tried with WiFi and 3G already) not even with an Android Emulator, after we performed a guild name change. I am able to connect to my Bank guild's guild chat, which haven't changed name. As a programmer I believe that this can be caused by some sort of ID problems with the guild name changes. Looking forward for a fix.Anshlun145 4d
17h Regarding characters not appearing. Hey guys, We are aware of an issue currently affecting the Mobile Armory and website that is preventing some characters from appearing. This also includes situations where your gear is not updating or any stagnant data such as an old realm/guild/name being displayed if you've used a paid service. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but I would like to assure you that our engineers have been, and are working on the issue. Unfortunately I cannot provide and ETA but we hope to have it resolved soon. I'll post an update to this thread once any more information is available.Kragg118 17h
Sep 6 Legion Companion App Known Issues Greetings all, Below is a list of known issues we have for the WoW Legion Companion App. Please note that this list is not complete with every issue we're aware of, but a sample of bugs that we believe will be most visible to players. Social Guild members may appear to be online while using the app. Characters logged into the app can be sent whispers. (App users will not receive messages.) Connection & Performance Device Auto-lock may cause a disconnect and require re-authentication. The app may hang for 5-10 seconds when resuming from a minimized state. Locking the device or losing network connection while logging in may reuqire a full restart for subsequent login attempts. Double clicking the cancel button while logging into a character may cause a disconnect. Users who lock their device while using the app may disconnect themselves from the WoW Client after unlocking it and Auto-reconnect activates. Login button may fail to display text. Display Mission Screen - Available and In-Progress Mission tabs may display scrambled text at times. On screen keyboards may hide input boxes on the credential screen when using smaller devices.Arvaanas0 Sep 6
Apr 27, 2011 Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not Bugs. There are many issues that are repeatedly reported on these forums to Blizzard that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. 1. The Mobile Armory does not ask for my Authenticator when I log in. 2. The Mobile Auction House tells me I'm in game when I'm not. 3. I can't whisper anyone on my friends or RealID friends lists with Remote Guild Chat. 4. I just left my guild, but Remote Guild Chat still shows me as a member of that guild. 5. The Character Profile for my sub-level 10 character says my character can't be found. 6. There aren't any timestamps in Remote Guild Chat. 7. I can't see messages sent by my in-game character on Remote Guild Chat when logged into Remote Guild Chat with the same character. 8. Multitasking out of the Remote Guild Chat app immediately logs me off. 9. When I'm in-game, I can't see mobile guild chat messages, but everyone else can. 10. My characters don't show up on the Armory, and I can't use the Auction House, Guild Chat, or Guild modules either. 11. Logging into the Mobile Armory or posting auctions causes my account to become Battle.net Secure LockedLiogela2 Apr 27, 2011
Apr 27, 2011 ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report Forums! ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports on any Blizzard Mobile app. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with our products. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. To learn more about the Search tool and how to use it effectively, please visit our blog here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b</a> Asking for Blue Responses is frowned upon! We do our best to read every thread that's posted on these forums, but we don't always have time to write a response to every post made. Just because your post or thread doesn't have a blue response DOES NOT mean we haven't seen your post or aren't already investigating your issue internally. Please do not bump threads or reply to your posts asking for blue responses to confirm that your posts have been seen! Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and thank you for being part of the greatest gaming community around!Liogela1 Apr 27, 2011
52m Armory Addition Not really a bug more of a question. Not sure where to properly put this. But is there a way too or maybe something in the works to tweak the armory to be able to chat with all your bnet friends? Reason being is now that everything is Flex, the game has changed, and guilds aren't as useful as they used to be. With less and less guild perks every expansion and everything being cross server now, half my raid team live on other servers. With no real need to ever spend real dollars to switch (unless we go mythic which isn't a high priority yet) And I like to coordinate a lot of my guild chatter (i.e. used to be raid team chatter) through the mobile app while I'm at work all day. Right now only a small select ever get any info I put out there and hope it trickles down to off server team mates. Seems like the mobile app is a hugely powerful tool that isn't being fully utilized just yet. Would make a huge QoL improvement for me and a bunch of other raid teams that are mixed servers. Just a thought. Maybe not even the first time mentioned.Shamrunt0 52m
1h Companion App - "XP" icons on world map This is kind of weird... Is it intentional, or am I missing an update (or missing something entirely)? I have around 20 world quest icons on my map that all feature the green/white "Bonus EXP" text rather than a small picture of the reward. Gold, artifact power stuff, a couple of actual bits of gear... Not all of the world quests though. Some are actually showing their correct icon. Edit: Make sure the app is updated to the current version. This problem went away once I threw my phone out a window and... err... I mean updated it.Teranin2 1h
1h Legion companion app can not log in! I use my proper email address and password i type them in and i press login and it just sits there and swirls over and over and over. Never connecting ever, i have not got into it once. From what I read it may have something to do with this: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/search?q=sabria That specific search shows my character at lvl 107, when i have been 110 for ages. Is this the issue? Any ideas? By the way I am on ios 9.0 and i have an iphone 6s with the latest legion app version. Same issue on my Ipad air 2 ios 9.1.Sabria0 1h
2h Authenticating login on app I had to get my android phone replaced and have trouble with Companion app at the authenticating the login stage. I switch to the authenticator app to approve the login and when I switch back to the Legion companion app the screen goes black with an upside down android figure in the upper left corner of the screen. I have tried to do this several times with the same result. I even had trouble with accessing support through the web on my phone too; I switch to the authenticator to approve the login and switch back and the page temporarily disappears then has me to re-enter my password again.Padoromatric0 2h
7h Fail mission at 100% success chance Fail mission on legion companion app while the succes chance was 100% https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar9cxhgy40mff9p/File%202016-09-17%2C%2012%2007%2024%20PM.png?dl=0 I suppose the real number wat 99.6% and it was round up at 100% and of course I failed it because blizzard RNG hate me. Would be nice to be able to trust the system when it said the succes chance is 100%.Sumoren4 7h
12h Armory: Unable to establish connection I can authenticate and log into the app without any problem. I can also search the auction house and use all of the other available functions. However, anytime I try to purchase an item using the remote auction house I receive the error "Unable to establish connection to server". This error occurs with any item; leystone/felslate, gems, etc Region: Americas and Oceanic OS: Android Hardware: Samsung S6 Timeframe: Within the last 24-36 hours Network: Occurs over both WiFi and Wireless Data Note: Once this error has occurred I can no longer search the auction house. ( The search request will simply hang on Searching... ) I have tried: Re-logging, Restarting the phone, Reinstalling the appAgihor7 12h
12h [Android] 9/29 Update forever loading today's update (9/29) to the Android app seems to have broken the app (for me, at least). I'm given the typical loading screen with the searching eye, but there is no text on the screen and no errors after 45 minutes (left as active window, with screen sleep disabled). there is no data usage reported by the phone. I've tried several wifi connections, as well as using mobile data, restarting the phone, and reinstalling the app. using Android 4.4.4 on a Galaxy S4. screenshot - http://imgur.com/a/r3UGFPyreball1 12h
15h Companion app - character already logged in Logging this issue here as when I went to submit a ticket it routed me to the technical support forums. You will find many posts regarding this in the bug report forum The app has been unusable all day. Unable to determine if this is truly an app issue or an issue with how it interacts with the server. The issue begins with a long connection time, followed by an error stating the the character is already logged in. If you tap the screen to close the message and hit the character button, it will pull up the character list. Tapping any of the character results in the error message popping up again. Details on access: Using iPad Pro iOS 10.0.1 Accessing Using the hotel network (unsecured)Värok9 15h
18h Legion App Bug + Armory App Bug Legion App bug - I try to put new Equipment on my Champions, like the Boots to increase mission success chance by 5% for example. They have an open equipment slot, but when I go through the steps to place it, it never does. It doesn't use the item, it just simply doesn't execute the command. Armory App Bug - When you view reputations on the armory, the Legion Reputation list is all messed up. It's got 3 reputations that I've never heard of listed there. Jandvik Vrykul, Moonguard, and First Responders (these may be real and I just haven't gotten to them yet, I don't know). But it is MISSING Nightfallen and Valarjar.Noshimo0 18h
19h SFX options not saved after exiting companion app Android app does not save SFX preferences after exiting the app. Relaunching the app reverts the SFX preference to be on by default every time the app is launched.Maryannmarie3 19h
22h Can't find Legion Companion App In the Windows store.Anellia4 22h
1d Companion App Issue Since yesterday afternoon when I try to access any of my characters I receive a "Character is already logged in" error. I've tried logging out and back in and restarting my phone, same results. However I am able to login to and access my characters using mobile armory.Kelvang0 1d
1d Universal windows app for legion companion? I couldn't find a more appropriate place to post this. So are there any plans for a universal windows app for the Legion Companion? If there isn't there should really be. Please consider it. Being able to access these features across my tablets and/or phone would be great. Still haven't figured out why app developers are ignoring the one app all devices set up that the universal app platform brings. Heck I could use it on my xbox.Elrandir9 1d
1d Unreadable Text Nothing big, it's just sometimes some of the names of zones on the app are kind of unreadable? Here is a screenshot of "Highmountain" :D https://gyazo.com/3956aaa4b882804198be3a1ea298af6bPapyri1 1d
1d Wow Armory - Auction House Not Enough Gold I've tried searching for my issue and couldn't find anything related to it. I'm having a problem where I can't post new sales or buy anything because the app says that I don't have enough gold when I do.Evelselany2 1d
1d Blizzcon App Requires 2016 Update Hi There, I just wanted to point out that the Blizzcon mobile app needs to be updated with the 2016 schedule. This was a handy tool last year and I hope it will be available again as there will be people attending who have not before and this app makes the experience seamless. As always, you guys are doing a wonderful job and we hope to see the update to this one soon! Cheers.0 1d
2d Wow Armory App will not load The wow armory app was working perfectly fine on my iPhone until I changed my email address associated with my account. Afterwards, I opened up the app, logged in, and am now stuck on a screen that shows the options in the background, but the entire screen becomes darker/faded as there is a "loading" wheel that continuously cycles. It's as if the app is trying to pull account information but can't. Once on this screen it doesn't let me do anything else. I can't log out or click any options. I have to delete the app, reinstall and relog, but it does the same thing. It's been doing so for about a week now. In comparison, the companion app is working fine for me.Rijin0 2d
2d No way to use Golden Banana Golden Banana use is critical to success of some missions. Any chance of adding it to the list of items that can be used under the upgrade armor triangle or something?Pouljikhan0 2d
2d Relogin on Legion iApp every time ? So now I have to re-login -every- -single- -time- including the Blizz authentication when I want to start up the iApp ? The previous version was jerky but usable, now it is a flat out annoyance to use.Tannik51 2d
2d Legion app - Heavy Armor Sets Not Working On the legion app, I just collected 1 set of armaments from the class hall work orders. (heavy armor set +5) Moments later I completed a mission where Heavy Armor Set was the reward, then I also got the bonus Heavy Armor Set. I went to apply to a follower, and I only had 2 Heavy Armor Sets to apply, not the 2 from quest and 1 from class hall work order. boo!Murdertrain0 2d
2d Legion App is a mess for players with 8+ Alts There really needs to some sort of character icon overlay for the character selection menu. I have 36 level 100 alts. The character selection screen gives me two alt names if I tap it. If I expand this I will get a scroll-able list of my characters in some random order. What would be nice is a character icon overlay for "ready to completed" missions, "new recruits ready" and one for "idle characters" (that aren't on any quests; but could be). It makes it a lot easier than trying to remember which alt is doing what. This way a player can easily figure out which characters they need to log into and which one's are busy. As it is now, I have a list of 36 names and no idea which alt is doing what. That's 36 times to log in every time there's a notification.Jakquia0 2d
2d Legion Companion App. Wireless/Data Signal The Legion Companion app only auto connects (no login required) when using a wireless signal but when I am using my mobile phone LTE signal I have to make multiple log in attempts, 3 on average, to get the app to login. It used to be that either way of connecting would not require logging in again if you used the app before, up to an hour or so.Phitz0 2d
2d Companion app failing mission with over 100% I failed a companion app questore with 105% chance of success. I've heard others have had problems with this as well. Just putting it on the radar to be fixed.Unholyer6 2d
2d Legion app black screen Galaxy S6 Android 6.0.1 AT&T phone, not unlocked When I log into the app I go over to the Authenticator app to approve the login and the Legion app shows a black screen and the little upside down android logo appears in the top left corner. I've personally never seen this before and nothing happens when I tap on him. Approving the login from the notification dropdown doesn't do anything.Merdrah10 2d
2d Armory app unusable Unfortunately this app has been completely useless for me. Some days I can't login. Other days I can login but not sign in to guild chat. Other days I cannot search the ah. Other days I can search the ah but it closes the app when I click buy. Other days I click buy and it spins. Is anyone actually using this app successfully? I love the idea, but what is the trick here. I haven't been able to successfully complete a single task. BTW I have tried this from a galaxy s6 , s7, Samsung tablet so far alless on android 6.Cullisto0 2d
3d Recent Character Transfer causes Character to become unavailable All of my other characters are still accessible from the app. However, a character that underwent a transfer today cannot be accessed on the app despite the transfer being complete. Is this something I can expect until Armory updates on Tuesday or is it a bug or merely something temporary. Please note that I am logged in no where else. Is it possible that logging out while in a flight path is causing this?Garbidge1 3d
3d Armory App not working I've been having issues with the Wow armory app on iPhone since yesterday. When I open the app and login, it goes to the main sceeen except it's faded out and there's a constant "loading" or "connecting" circle. It constantly keeps refreshing and does not allow me to use the app. I've deleted the app and restarted my phone but having the same issue. Anyone else dealing with this or dealt with this before?Rijin4 3d
3d Character Unavailable after Paid Transfer After transferring my rogue from Tichondrius-US to DarkSpear-US he has been permanently unavailable in the Companion App. I imagine this has to do with how the character is cached on the phone and then retrieved.Weirdsaturn0 3d
3d Legion companion app I have been having issues with the app since last night/early morning. I guess it started when you had the ddos attack issue on the servers. So now when i open the app i keep getting an unable to connect error and it asks me to log back in again and when in i type my info it just stays stuck on connecting screen and doesnt connect. So i have to go into the app settings and clear cache and data to get it to work again. I think what ever happened to the servers it affected the app as well or the last patch did something to it. I hope there can be a fix for it?Cravenous9 3d
3d Armory app wont let me use guild chat. Using galaxy s6 edge. When i go to guild chat it says i need to sign in to use it. When i click the sign in button it signs me in for less than a second and signs me back out.Simplelife0 3d
3d Legion Companion App - Can't log in When trying to log in to the Legion Companion App I keep getting stuck at the 'Connecting..." *demon eye rolling" window. Is anyone else having this issue? P.S. I guessed this was a topic for CS, hope Im not wrong.Stevas33 3d
3d Requires A Second App Opening It is a VERY rare occasion when I can open up the app and have it give me something other than a "Cannot connect to server" message. It is easy enough to work around, simply by closing and reopening the app, but it would be great not to have to do that.Fleetwood0 3d
3d Suggestion, Not Bug Did not see any other place for this. As an altoholic it would be great if the app could show if there were completed quests in the character selecton screen. That would save me from having to click on each alt.Fleetwood0 3d
3d Item ilevel changing post purchase Hello, So with the recent hotfix removing BOE world drops I decided to buy up a couple of items I've been watching on the ah. I use the mobile app while at work. I bought two items, which the tool tip clearly identified as being ilevel 835 and 840 respectively. However, once they arrived in my inventory they were ilevel 810 w/ prismatic slots! I did not receive the items I thought I was paying for. It was definitely not a misclick on my part as I double and triple check the item before I pull the trigger on it. Anyone else experience this? What is going on?!?Santine8 3d
3d Armory app no characters I downloaded, or redownloaded rather the WoW Armory app to maintain my gold monopoly while on the go. Anyways, I loaded up the app, logged in and the buttons for characters, guild, and auction house are greyed out. I've done some reading on this and it seems to be an outstanding bug. Is there a solution for this other than deleting characters or reseting passwords?Crestor2 3d
4d Error with remote auction house Hello, when im trying to use the remote auction house, the app says im already logged in the game, but im not! I was logged off by several hours and this persists.... Whats happening?Arenaz2 4d
4d Companion APP/Authenticator Is it suppose to have me manually log in to the app via email/pw because of the authenticator? Every time I open the Companion App, I then have to put my email/pw in then go to the Authenticator app to allow for me to access the companion app?Jymbo1 4d
4d Work-around for relog issue This might seem odd, but I've been doing this for a week now and I've found that it works almost without fail: Caveat: You must have actually logged in on the device before! Open the Legion Companion App You will want to allow it to return this ... Clear the error and tap the Login button. When the login screen appears close the app. At this point you want to completely stop the app on your device then restart the app. Wait for the Legion Companion app to connect to the server and you are in.Truthfully the app never forgot any of your login credentials, but for some reason its not reaching the server after the app's been inactive for a time or you are actually logged in to the game. Model/OS data: SM-G970T Android v6.0.1Ruaidhri0 4d
4d Legion companion app missing lumenstones I completed a mission on break at work with the legion companion app. It is a priest order hall campaign quest to get lumenstones. It said I succeeded the mission and I recieved 10 Lumenstones. I got home tonight and I don't show in my quest progress that I have 20 lumenstones. ( Had 10 already, I should be at 20 after that mission complete) Since Lumenstones are not a physical item they aren't being mailed to me either. Am I missing something? Is there somewhere I should collect those? Thanks for your time.Dirtyjoe0 4d
4d Android Remote: Auto logging out? Isn't the whole point of this app to "stay connected"? If it becomes a background process the app either closes or logs me out. Bug or?Prestigal32 4d
4d Unable to establish connection with server. I am continually getting this error when attempting to buy an item from the auction house. After this error, the AH search is stuck and all connectivity to the app is lost (cannot change characters, view profiles,etc.). I have tried restarting the app, force close and clear data, and reinstall to no avail. The error occurs after I click buy on an item but otherwise works right until that point. App Name: WoW Armory App Version: 6.1.0 Region: Americas and Oceanic OS: 4.3 Device: samsung SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Kyaera171 4d
4d Will not let me recruit trackers or archers I have plenty of resources. But I click the recruit button and nothing happens. It used to work. But hasn't for the last week or so.Ieatedurface0 4d