Mobile Bug Report

Aug 18 Greetings from Blizzard Mobile! Hello Everyone! My name is Liogela, and I am the new Mobile Bug Report Forums moderator. To give you a brief background on myself, I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 4 years and have been involved as a tester and/or leader on several of our major titles over that time span. I am now working specifically with the Blizzard Mobile QA and Development teams and will act as your liaison to the Mobile testing team. While our Quality Assurance team works very hard to help make our apps as clean as possible, our resources can never match the thousands upon thousands of users of our apps. That's where you come in! These forums have always been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here. I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Blizzard Mobile Development. Important Threads: How to write a good bug report - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784199 Guidelines (this one is super important) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110Liogela166 Aug 18
Dec 2, 2014 Remote App and Authenticator Release Notes As requested, I have gone ahead and created an unofficial set of release/patch notes for the several released versions of both the Mobile App and the Battle.net Authenticator. I intend to keep this up-to-date with future versions as well. Keep in mind, this is not a complete set of notes due to the fact that I am not involved in the internal development/QA process, so any fixes or changes made that the public are unaware of, I won't be able to log. WoW Remote App Version 3.2.0 (iOS) - November 23rd, 2011 Real-time realm status is now available from the main menu. In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.2.2 (Android) - November 23rd, 2011 In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Android devices with smaller screen sizes (240x320) are now supported. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.1.3 - August 21st, 2011 Added Talent Calculator Version 2.1.1 - July ?th, 2011 ??? Version 2.1.0 - July 19th, 2011 Added Talents & Glyphs, Reputations, Professions, Calendar Events, and Bookmarks Improved search technology Links to items and achievements received in Remote Guild Chat now link to those sections in the app. Links to enchants, quests, abilities, talents, and professions received in Remote Guild Chat now display tool tips. Various bug fixes Version 2.0.3 - May 8th, 2011 AH authenticated actions fail: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456729433#3 Character Not in a Guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208945 Temporarily Unavailable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2516832162 Version 2.0.2 - May 3rd, 2011 DroidX Freezing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416120453 Changed logout time: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456730757 Version 2.0.1 - May 2nd, 2011 Force Close: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456476892 Version 2.0.0 - April 25th, 2011 The World of Warcraft Auction House app is now known as the World of Warcraft Remote app, and a number of new features have been added. The new Remote Guild Chat feature allows you to participate in your guild's in-game chat channel in real-time, have one-on-one conversations with members of our guild, and more. Added character sheets Added support for guilds Search for characters, items guilds Bug fixes and UI Improvements At this time, the free preview of Remote Guild Chat is only available to characters on the following game realms: All North/South American and Oceanic Realms All European Realms All Korean Realms ---- Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (iPhone) Version 1.3.1 - June 8th, 2011 Version 1.3.0 - ??? Version 1.0.1 - March 11th, 2010 A new "Copy" feature lets you copy the currently displayed authentication code into your device's clipboard. You can then paste it into other text entry fields, such as when accessing Battle.net Account Management from your mobile. Miscellaneous UI improvements Version 1.0.0 - March 31st, 2009 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Android) Version 1.1.0 - July 5th, 2011 Widget support New "restore" feature Version 1.0.0 - February 10th, 2010 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Windows Phone 7) Version 1.0.0 - July 5th, 2011 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Various Mobile Phones) Version 1.0.0 - July 20th, 2009 Originally released. ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen56 Dec 2, 2014
Dec 24, 2014 Battle.net Authenticator Changes I've seen a couple of threads asking about the change to the Authenticator and why they aren't being prompted upon login, so I figured i'd port over the announcement from Zarhym here for those who may have missed it. ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529777 ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen9 Dec 24, 2014
Aug 1 Unable to Connect to Guild Chat after Paid Service Hello, I've been unable to connect to remote my guild chat through any mobile armory (tried with WiFi and 3G already) not even with an Android Emulator, after we performed a guild name change. I am able to connect to my Bank guild's guild chat, which haven't changed name. As a programmer I believe that this can be caused by some sort of ID problems with the guild name changes. Looking forward for a fix.Anshlun144 Aug 1
Aug 14 Regarding characters not appearing. Hey guys, We are aware of an issue currently affecting the Mobile Armory and website that is preventing some characters from appearing. This also includes situations where your gear is not updating or any stagnant data such as an old realm/guild/name being displayed if you've used a paid service. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but I would like to assure you that our engineers have been, and are working on the issue. Unfortunately I cannot provide and ETA but we hope to have it resolved soon. I'll post an update to this thread once any more information is available.Kragg99 Aug 14
Apr 27, 2011 Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not Bugs. There are many issues that are repeatedly reported on these forums to Blizzard that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. 1. The Mobile Armory does not ask for my Authenticator when I log in. 2. The Mobile Auction House tells me I'm in game when I'm not. 3. I can't whisper anyone on my friends or RealID friends lists with Remote Guild Chat. 4. I just left my guild, but Remote Guild Chat still shows me as a member of that guild. 5. The Character Profile for my sub-level 10 character says my character can't be found. 6. There aren't any timestamps in Remote Guild Chat. 7. I can't see messages sent by my in-game character on Remote Guild Chat when logged into Remote Guild Chat with the same character. 8. Multitasking out of the Remote Guild Chat app immediately logs me off. 9. When I'm in-game, I can't see mobile guild chat messages, but everyone else can. 10. My characters don't show up on the Armory, and I can't use the Auction House, Guild Chat, or Guild modules either. 11. Logging into the Mobile Armory or posting auctions causes my account to become Battle.net Secure LockedLiogela2 Apr 27, 2011
Apr 27, 2011 ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report Forums! ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports on any Blizzard Mobile app. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with our products. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. To learn more about the Search tool and how to use it effectively, please visit our blog here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b</a> Asking for Blue Responses is frowned upon! We do our best to read every thread that's posted on these forums, but we don't always have time to write a response to every post made. Just because your post or thread doesn't have a blue response DOES NOT mean we haven't seen your post or aren't already investigating your issue internally. Please do not bump threads or reply to your posts asking for blue responses to confirm that your posts have been seen! Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and thank you for being part of the greatest gaming community around!Liogela1 Apr 27, 2011
1d Unable to log in on Armory App (iOS 9.3.3) As directed by @BlizzardCS (https://twitter.com/blizzardcs/status/765319027304587264), I am posting here. When I launch the armory app on my iPhone 5s (iOS 9.3.3 - 13G34), I am unable to log in to B.net. When I click on the B.net option, the Facebook option loads instead and I have no way to cancel this login popup and go back to choose B.net. The installed version of the armory app is 7.0.0. I have "force quit" the app but upon opening it again, the Facebook problem persists. Please help.Redrooster5 1d
2d Armory App constantly loading. Recently when I open the Armory and log in the spinning loading icon would come up, then disappear then come up again, and it would continue doing this making me unable to even get into the actual App at all. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix, or is the App just bugged out at the moment.Erñie3 2d
3d No characters in armory. I log in to the correct region, the correct account and password, even authenticate, but when I get in to the app, Guild, Auction House, Guild Chat, Events and My Characters are grayed out. I have no character select option in the lower right hand side, either. What can I do? Here's a shot of my screen: http://imgur.com/XlzbW6fPopehappycat20 3d
4d Mobile armory Hi so I am using an iPhone 6s and every time I go to log in to the mobile armory. By clicking on my battle net password I get redirected to a page to make a facebook account I don't have facebook nor do I want it. I just want to be able to use the armory. And yes I did say that I am trying to use my battle net sign in. And it does this every time. again I'm using an iPhone 6sMukmuk1 4d
5d Can't access guild chat Hi I've just joined a guild a couple of days ago, but can't access certain parts of the armory, such as guild chat being inaccessible with a padlock on it. Other characters that are in guilds have no issues with this so far. I have tried logging out as well. Could it perhaps have something to do with guild permissions? ThanksHamesha0 5d
5d I can't see any of my toons in the 3D viewer It's been a month since I cant see any of my toons in the 3D viewer. I can click in the button, but the model never loads. It doesnt even show that spiring circle(if there is such thing). All the other functions of the wow mobile armory work fine though. My phone is an Sangsung Galaxy S4 with android 5.0.1. And I do keep my apps updated and clean of viruses and garbage data. Let me know if u need any moar info in this thread.Nhani6 5d
5d Mobile Armory Greyed Out So I'm having a strange issue on the Armory app and I'm unable to solve it. As seen in the picture attached, the guild, guild chat, auction house, events and characters are all greyed out. I literally cannot do anything. I have tried reinstalling the app as well as the phone. Anyone have an idea how to fix this? Image: http://imgur.com/gmNVd0kDiesik1 5d
6d 3D viewer not working LG G5 - Android version 6.0.1 The 3D button is greyed out for all my characters (cycled through various levels and realms).Kragen27 6d
Aug 20 Unable to purchase on mobile ah Please delete - resolved-Muson0 Aug 20
Aug 19 Armory App My app will allow me to view sales, items to buy, etc, but the minute i try to purchase or post an item it tells me I am logged in to my account and need to log out before it can process anything. I have made absolutely sure I am not logged in, even logged in and then logged out again to be sure. I have also played since this issue and logged out and turned off my computer etc. Any ideas on how to clear this issue so I can use my armory app on my phone again?Chickaboomy1 Aug 19
Aug 18 Character Issue on Armory This character, which is level 100, is not able to use the mobile armory or the mobile auction house. Each time I am presented with the response: "This character is temporarily unavailable while it is undergoing a process such as a realm transfer or a faction change. Please try again later." Have received the message for about 2 years now. :( Blizzard support was unable to help and recommended I post here. Thanks,Basíl12 Aug 18
Aug 17 Unable to establish connection with server. I am continually getting this error when attempting to buy an item from the auction house. After this error, the AH search is stuck and all connectivity to the app is lost (cannot change characters, view profiles,etc.). I have tried restarting the app, force close and clear data, and reinstall to no avail. The error occurs after I click buy on an item but otherwise works right until that point. App Name: WoW Armory App Version: 6.1.0 Region: Americas and Oceanic OS: 4.3 Device: samsung SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Kyaera148 Aug 17
Aug 17 Armory App says I am already logged in. I've seen many posts about this, but none of them recent nor did I see a real resolution. I can not use the AH feature of the armory App because it says my account is already logged in and in-game. Past posts seem to indicate that problems have been cured by a server reset, but I'd rather not wait a week if there is another fix. I can log in and out of the PC game client freely, I am not online. Guildies confirm I am not online. I have reinstalled the app and cleared data/cache. I had several disconnects yesterday (which is unusual on my computer which usually run the game just fine). A couple of them were while zoning/phasing and one required a force quit of the game client. Any way to fix this short of waiting for the next server reset? Thanks.Aloha0 Aug 17
Aug 17 This account has no characters When logging into the armory app on my Iphone, I am getting this error message. It just started happening 3 weeks ago. Prior to this, it worked with no problems. I can log onto the Website version of the armory with no issues. I can log into WoW itself with no issues. I have tried logging in/out. I have deleted the app and reinstalled. I have made sure I am logging into the correct realm. After 3 weeks this is still happening. With no characters showing up I am not able to access the Auction house or anything else.Yogapants2 Aug 17
Aug 16 28,000G Lost in Armory App So at around 8:00 AM PST, I log into my armory App as I do every morning to check my auctions and saw that my stage 5 Skull of War and stage 5 Steelforged Saber of the Peerless both sold at 15k each. The auctions were completed and the gold was just simply sitting in my mailbox. The total was a little more than 28,000g. I pushed the 'retrieve gold' button and the app got stuck. The 'retrieve gold' spinning thing just continued to spin for several minutes. I restarted the app and the thing still was spinning. Eventually I decided to just log in through my desktop application and to my dismay the gold was neither in my bags or in my mail. I've sold literally thousands of auctions in WoD alone. I've never had this problem before (or at least I never noticed gold going missing before). It may have crashed and I wonder how many times I just assumed the gold was there. You see, lately I've been keeping a very accurate gold-count because I want to make a final push going into Legion as I do expect there to be very few avenues to make gold in legion and want to squeeze every ounce of gold out of WoD that I can. Especially since I'm going to buy like 5 million gold worth of mounts next expansion. So I knew my exact gold-count going in and what my gold-count was last night before I went to bed. So this gold is 100% for sure missing. Please help. I have a ticket open but those GMs never help. Every ticket I've ever opened has been met with a "sorry, we can't help." 28,000g down the drain because of a problem with the mobile app. Seems a little unfair.Tonberryx0 Aug 16
Aug 16 Lost gold using mobile auction I sold a Hozen Peace Pipe on the AH on the 12th on the Dentrag server, it sold for 50K. I logged into my iphone mobile app to collect the gold, I logged in and the gold was not their and the item was gone. I spoke to an online GM and he stated I should post the problem here to recover the lost gold.Decaytus11 Aug 16
Aug 15 Demon Hunter Profile not loading Hey guys, I was directed here by BlizzardCS on twitter. When attempting to load my Demon Hunter Character profile I'm getting "Armory Error, This Charater Profile is currently unavailable due to a long period of inactivity'. I also get errors when trying to get to the appearance tab of all other Characters on the mobile armory. I have logged out and back in, then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and have also done a hard reboot on my phone. What else can be done? I'm on an iPhone 6 running app version 7.0.0.9 no updates for the app are available in iTunes.Yvonnell2 Aug 15
Aug 15 Don't hit the Facebook button (iPhone)! I log in and out of 2 accounts on my phone (my account and my wife's to do her auctions). I've noticed 2 bugs on the login screen. One is that if you accidentally hit the Facebook login button you are stuck with the Facebook login. Even if you don't log in to Facebook the Armory app will keep presenting the Facebook login screen and there's no way to cancel out of it without deleting and reinstalling the app. The other is that if I log out of one account and tap the username field to change the email address it will move the cursor to the password field and then attempt to login. So if I'm switching accounts I have to wait for a failed login before I can actually login. iPhone 6 Verizon iOS 9.3.4 (was happening before this update) Armory 7.0.0.9Troberyl0 Aug 15
Aug 13 Armory app on my iPhone ?? So I downloaded the armory app to my iPhone since I have done this my wife tells me I'm on and offline repeatedly when I'm not logged in from my phone. I don't think I'm hacked cause nothing is ever missing! Anyone else having problems with the armory app?Greênarrow3 Aug 13
Aug 12 Mobile armory not connecting without wifi I have been unable to ise mobile armory without wifi connection in a couple of months, i have uninstalled and re-installed the app. I am using an iphone 6s if that matters. If i am connected to wifi it works if i am not it will not work.Wikkedone1 Aug 12
Aug 11 Is the mobile armory just dead? It hardly works at all. 90% of the functions cause it to crash. 3D character image hasn't worked in a very long time. There hasn't been an update in years. Should I just uninstall this garbage program or is an update that makes it work again anywhere on the horizon.Skerrit7 Aug 11
Aug 10 Text Errors With the latest update, random text errors are occurring. Two digit numbers in the sell pane of the auction house will be vertical instead of horizontal. I tweeted @BlizzardCS about it this morning with a pic.Magalock0 Aug 10
Aug 10 Armory App not working I can log into wow armory app but unable to access functions of auction, realm status, character gear (can't change charters to view), etc. I was first told my account didn't show as active, blizzard corrected that and still no go. I played many hours and unis talledaga and reinstalled the app many times, and still same issues every time. The account was also "refreshed" and surprise surprise still same issue. It has been looked at 4 gm and been over a week and no luck.Zendur1 Aug 10
Aug 9 Entire posts shown On the main forum, entire topics are shown instead of a preview. This really clogs up the screen and have to scroll a lot. I hope it is a bug My phone is samsung galaxy exhibit, if that helpsKharmia3 Aug 9
Aug 5 3D error message I keep getting an error message when trying to open my character 3D window. Is there a fix?Reginne1 Aug 5
Aug 3 Can't log into the WoW Armory mobile app. I can't log into my account on my WoW armory app. I have iPhone 5 with iOS 7. I also have an authenticator on my account. When I try to log in it says "Login Failed. Unable to establish connection to server."Cosmotonica75 Aug 3
Aug 2 Logged off App, Still logged in Guild I know this is a known bug, but i reinstalled the app on my phone, so i could specifically log out of it so it wouldnt appear as if I am logged in on guild.. It worked when i did it, and i dont have the app anymore. but im still logged in? Help i just want it to stop being logged in, in guild.Cammii0 Aug 2
Aug 2 Can't manage my auctions using the remote AH When I try to do anything with the remote AH, I get the message: "This account is logged into the game. You can still browse the Auction House, but you must log off from the game to use other features such as bidding on or listing auctions." I have logged out from my character and the WoW client is closed, and even after about an hour, the remote AH still thinks I am in-game. I have tried accessing my auctions from the browser and the mobile app, and both are giving me the same message.Contreras0 Aug 2
Aug 2 Android Auth: fill out all required fields On Android 6.0.1, One+3. When I try to put in my serial and restore code I get the following error: "Error... Please fill out the required fields before you press Submit." I've tried several times, typing in the codes and also pasting them in. I've tried re-installing the app as well.Jiigles0 Aug 2
Aug 2 Wow armory error and poor ticket support Well I will try to not make this a long rant. The Wow armory app is not connecting to guild chat, auction house and character do not sync for my characters on Earthen Ring. I have done the basic troubleshooting, checked connection through cell network and wifi and have uninstalled and reinstalled. So with a fresh power cycled phone and fresh install, the app still does the same damn thing. Now why am I posting this? The moron tech support I submitted a ticket to, considers his response is an answer and suggests I post my problem here. Hello , I'm Tech Specialist Siathello and I'm happy to be helping you out today! You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Armory App but beyond that you would need to post on the forums at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2690193/. That is read by the Developers and while they may not respond directly, they do read all the posts, note issues, and work on them. I'm very glad to have addressed this issue for you; if you're all set you can use the "Mark as Resolved" option to close the ticket. Thank you very much for contacting us - I hope you continue to enjoy your experiences with Blizzard Entertainment! www.blizzard.com/supportFrotoe9 Aug 2
Aug 2 Mobile Auction House down Since the prepatch I've been having issues with the Mobile AH and armory, one of which is the failure to update my character image in the armory and inability to view my character in 3D. My toon pic is different from what I look like in-game as well. The MAH wouldn't update the items in my bag/mailbox and I found myself having to log out and back in to post the REAL items and quantities on the AH. Yesterday I changed the email to my account and as usual for the last few days I found myself needing to log out and back in. Now the MAH isn't working at all. Every selection is unhiglighted and I can't buy sell or receive my money. I also cannot log in to guild chat or see any information about my guild or my equipment. I am running Android 6.0 on my HTC One M9. I use this app at least ten times a day and it's super important to me that it gets fixed as soon as humanly possible. Thanks.Irsyn0 Aug 2
Jul 31 Constant disconnecting/have to restart Trying to use mobile ah. I sign in, can search for one or two things before the app stops working. Have to close it fully and reopen, same thing happens. Try to buy an auction and it bugs out and cancels the buy. Where does all our sub money go? It cant be that hard to throw some resources at this. If the excuse is "its not that popular" its because the damn thing never works. Maybe it would be if it did. Dissapointment.Killadza0 Jul 31
Jul 31 Mobile Armory Update? Are we going to get a fresh new update the mobile armory? The last time it was update was 2 years ago on 7/28/2014.Tashi1 Jul 31
Jul 29 Signing in does nothing Trying to access the mobile armory app on my phone and go about talking in gchat.. Turns out I can't do that with it. It was working prior to 7.0 and when the armory was actually updating. I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I just know some people can use it and I can't. Basically the problem is I hit 'sign in' it goes about the motions of signing in and nothing happens. I've tried logging out and back in, nothing happens. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem as of late. Edit: I should also add I can't use the auction house on mobile either.Garrus0 Jul 29
Jul 27 Home page illegible on ipad Home page at world of Warcraft.com does not display in a fashion that makes anything on it usable.Nok0 Jul 27
Jul 25 Android Armory Installation Bug Error -505. Factory reset isnt working, clearing google cache doesnt work. Blizzard please fix the app so it works on android devices please.Getjoo0 Jul 25
Jul 25 Google Play Mobile Armory Install Hi, I am running Android 5.1.1 and am unable to install the mobile armory or the authenticator. I just get an error message that says it cannot be installed. Is there a solution to this as the results I have found on google have proven ineffective.Shauder1 Jul 25
Jul 24 Battlenet app on desktop keeps logging me out I have Keep Me Logged In set up on my launcher, as well as my settings set so I only need to put in my authenticator once every 30 days. This does not seem to be working as I have to keep logging in every time I wake my computer from sleep (no authenticator code requested). I do not use one click auth. because it does not work when I have tried it. I have tried repairing the launcher and signing out and signing back in with the option off, and with the option on and it still does not change behavior. I have also tried putting in a ticket, and the GM said I should remove and re-add my authenticator. I did that and still having the same problems. I do not know what is causing the issue. Is anyone else getting this problem and/or know how to fix this?Sivenom0 Jul 24
Jul 23 Toons only dark shadows in Armory Midday yesterday, none of my toons show in the Armory anymore except as a dark shadowy blob. Blizz?Helshi0 Jul 23
Jul 23 the starting price must be lower than 100000? Hi, sorry if this has been reported but i wasmjust trying to post something above the old gold cap and its not letting me do that. Refer to screencap http://imgur.com/JeMxQi7Twiinkled0 Jul 23
Jul 22 Lot of bug right now Seems like it could use an update after the patch.Warloxx1 Jul 22
Jul 21 Wow Armory App Is super buggy, can't seem to buy anything and random disconnects. I may actually have to do work at my job today since i CAN'T PLAY ON ah.Warloxx0 Jul 21
Jul 15 New App Idea Hey guys. Just a new app idea for Blizzard. How about WoW Boss Wars. Where the player can use any of his alts and current gear to fight the bosses around Azeroth. Maybe for in-game loot. ( mounts, gear, gold, weapons, etc..) I would love to go head to head with the Litch King himself on my phone or tablet. And maybe it lets me know if my current gear needs upgrading before I fight a certain boss. It would include the music from which ever raid or dungeon the current boss fight was from, and the right environment to give it the WoW feel. I am so in love with what you guys do with Warcraft. I have enjoyed every expansion you have put out, and easily adapted to whatever changes had been made. Keep It up. Love the game and you awesome imaginations. Thanks for listening ! Shawn.Elderpriest0 Jul 15