Mobile Bug Report

Aug 14, 2015 Characters not updated-on/deleted-from armory I have several characters deleted that still show up, and my paladin (Ulthren-Andorhal) still isn't showing up. My warrior (Ragebender-Andorhal) that I moved last Monday disappeared entirely after the transfer. I'm tired of the clutter of extra toons on the Mobile Armory as well as in game on the server list, and that's why I deleted them. The end goal is a character of every class on one sever, and I've come close aside from needing to say good bye to a few old toons. I want to be able to use my pally for selling stuff on the mobile app. My other toons show up fine on Andorhal, save for the deleted ones still being there. My hunter shows, I think, because when I recreated it and used the level boost, I kept the same name. So, what do I say/do/provide for some assistance? I've looked around a bit, and this is a lengthy, ongoing issue. I saw in the sticky that it usually takes three days for updates. I have surpassed that time frame, and I have done so for weeks with some toons deletion/creation and leveling. In the words of the great Leeloo: Puhleeeese... Hhhhhhaaalp.. : ( Edit: Autocorrect corrections. ><Chaini6 Aug 14, 2015
Aug 14, 2015 No Blue Response Yet? Mobile App down There have been several posts since early yesterday stating that the app is down and we have not gotten a blue response yet? Seriously? The only blue response I see is to necro'd threads from months/years ago. What is the status now? I get very little time to play and I do not want to spend that time standing at the auction house. At least acknowledge the fact that there's a problem and you are looking into it please.Tyreyne10 Aug 14, 2015
Aug 14, 2015 WoW Armory Login Issue For the last few days now, I am have been attempting to log back into the Wow Armory Mobile and I keep getting this message: "Login Failed: Unable to establish a connection to the server.:Esarîs42 Aug 14, 2015
Aug 14, 2015 The Armory?? When will the mobile armory be back up and running ?? Any one know ??Trangôul10 Aug 14, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 remote chat i know the armory app is down but some how my character keeps logging into remote chat i see her in guild as online when im on other toonsRèapèr0 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 Wow armory app stuck Hey for the past couple of days my app is stuck loading At the startup screen. All I see is a loading circle and nothing happens. I tried to reinstall the app but that doesn't help anyone knows how to trouble shoot this problem?Jsent0 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 Cannot connect to wow armory ~ no error messa Whenever I try to connect to WoW armory on my phone all I get is just a connecting indicator going around in a circle on the screen. It never errors out. I have IOS 8.4 on my phone. I have tried uninstalling, and connecting with different internet connections. (My home net, my cell phones data plan and my work internet.) A little help on this would be great.Soleri2 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 You guys need to acknowledge the armory issue There are tons of posts on here from people saying the mobile armory is down (and has been for several days). At this point, ignoring it is just adding fuel to the fire. Every single other division will come in and post something like "Hey guys, we're aware and we're working on it." You guys are flat out ignoring it. Even if it's not your fault (ex, ISP started blocking traffic for some reason, which does happen) just say SOMETHING. I know you guys are busy, but there are several folks at Blizzard whose job it is to post those types of things in the forums. Stop being evasive (or lazy, whichever you prefer) and post something before a riot starts.Juan2 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 Wow mobile armory unable to establish connection to server I downloaded the app yesterday evening. It opened once right after I installed it. It hasn't been able to connect any time after that. It just gives me the error message "unable to establish connection to server.Solstyce16 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 connection error with WoW Armory application Having a connection error with the mobile application for android system. I know I have access to internet as I'm posting on this forum via my smartphone. Tried to reinstall and still getting same error, has been happening for many days now.Kàrdinal2 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 armory mobile not working?? so last couple days I go to open my mobile armory on my phone and it just sits there with the laoding circle spinning. Just wondering if there were any other people having this or any known issues.Mithas2 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 Wow Armory Hello! Been having trouble getting into the armory app today. (Not sure where else to get info!) Wondering if the app is down/in maintenance or recommendations on how to fix :) Thanks!Liayda17 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 Usability suggestion for Mobile Auth Not a bug, but... 8 digits seems excessive. 6 digits would be plenty secure, and quite a lot easier to read at a glance. <3Dyamage1 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 Unable to establiah connection I've been trying to log on to the mobile app for the past 2 days and it said unable to establish server connection. Is there something wrong with the app?Darkjacquie1 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 Unable to access the mobile armory? Here's what you do on the iPhone. Take a picture of the loading screen. Post the picture in the thread so the debs know which loading screen you have so they can figure out the problem. Then be patient. Also, don't close the app as it will only show the loading screen again when you try to open it again. Hope it works out the same for you as it did for me. Have a great day!Dagemma0 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015 Unable to establish yada yada yada Started about 8 hours ago, tested on multiple WiFi networks and 4g. VZW Moto X Second Generation, Android 5.1, all official system software and apps. I am unable to obsessively look at my transmogs and lurk the AH at work. Bad for me, good for my employer.Aíre2 Aug 13, 2015
Aug 12, 2015 Wow App Anyone having problems with the app on your phone? I have an iPhone 6 and when I open the app it just sits there with the spinning wheel and never progresses any further.Noobacleese7 Aug 12, 2015
Jul 31, 2015 can't connect to guild chat! same problem as most I see.. it briefly and quickly flashes to login at guild chat then instant kicks mobile offline but technically on pc your still online using remote chat as it shows... need an update on this bug/glitch..Nahken2 Jul 31, 2015
Jul 30, 2015 Issue with AH on app I think there's some kind of communication issue between the live game and my armory. On the app (and apparently on the battlenet site), my armory is as though it hasn't been updated in months. I was once on Sargeras, left the server, subsequently quit for a few months, returned to the game, and returned to Sargeras. That seems to have confused because in the armory app I have not been able to use the AH in about two months because it thinks I am in the middle of a server transfer. Even here on the website the forums are still showing my old guild and gear from when I was on Sargeras before. Is there anyway the powers that be can "refresh" my armory from their side so I'm displayed properly on the forums AND I can use the AH in the armory? Thanks.Astrella4 Jul 30, 2015
Jul 29, 2015 Remote AH "Connection Error" Hi everyone, I keep getting a Connection Error (Unable to establish connection to server) on the Remote AH when trying to list/cancel an auction. It seems to be caused by searching an item on the Remote AH - after you do so, it returns that error on almost all of your actions, even returning to the AH homepage and clicking "Auctions" (which would normally show you active/sold/expired auctions) will give you a "Please wait..." screen. Gold earned, as well as number of auctions up for sale and number of auctions won will also be unavailable. The connection error is fixed upon exiting the app completely and reopening it, until you decide to search another item on the AH. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!Musiea4 Jul 29, 2015
Jul 28, 2015 Account logged in when I am not. Over the past three days I have been trying to use the mobile auction house but the account logged in error message keeps appearing when I am not logged in.Zavulon30 Jul 28, 2015
Jul 27, 2015 Battle.Net flash player says i gotta download this to watch videos on the launcher but when i do it still says i need to. wtf anyone else having this issue? if so, how the hell do i fix it?Kassidie0 Jul 27, 2015
Jul 22, 2015 ZTE Overture 2 Authenticator issue Hey so was wondering if anyone else has a ZTE overture 2 and uses the authenticator on it? It's a fairly new phone so I can't find any threads about this anywhere, but there is no hardware menu button nor is there one on screen in the app to recover my old authenticator. I've endlessly looked it up, but as I said, it's a fairly new phone and I can find no solution other than submitting tickets to blizzard every time I need to factory reset my phone (in this case my phone had water damage and I had to get another one). I'm currently locked out of my wow acc. Trust me, I've tried hard pressing and all the good stuff. TL;DR NO menu button at all for authenticator to recover. Will be submitting a ticket. (and adding sms I suppose) Thanks.Encéphaletra0 Jul 22, 2015
Jul 19, 2015 Switching Authenticators to new device issues I'm attempting to switch my Authenticator from my S4 to my Note Edge. To access the menu on the S4 it's in the bottom left hand corner of the device. On the Edge the same button is a "alt tab" feature to select other windows. New phone. Confused. Help.Kormythor0 Jul 19, 2015
Jul 16, 2015 Language switching from mobile armory Not really a bug, but I don't know where else to post. My game is in English, I play on a US server, but my iPod is in French. It annoys me that the mobile armory is in French. Would it be possible to either fix the language of the app from the language of the game we use or to give us a way to change the language from the program options instead of letting the iPod decide for us ? ThanksCyriusblack17 Jul 16, 2015
Jul 11, 2015 Can not reply to whispers from Mobile App This seems to be an ongoing problem - can't reply to whispers.Katpriestess0 Jul 11, 2015
Jul 6, 2015 Cannot connect to guild chat for one realm Until yesterday the app was working perfectly, yet now when I try to log into guild chat for my characters on frostmourne us it does not connect. However, on my character on Barthilas us I connect instantly to guild chat. I have tried this for multiple guilds and had the same result. Everything else works fine, I just miss the main guild banter.Rondah0 Jul 6, 2015
Jun 30, 2015 Can't connect to mobile app Each time I try I get: Connection error. If you are connecting via Wi-Fo, the access point you are connecting to may be blocking port 8780. I've reset my internet a few times, reset my device. Deleted and reinstalled the app twice, and still nothing. Now I'm not sure if this is because it's an older device using and older OS, but it worked a week or so ago and now it doesn't.Spoon3 Jun 30, 2015
Jun 29, 2015 Mobile App Auction House Multiple purchase Hello and good afternoon: There is still an issue when I list items by buyout price and it will say '50 items at X value'. At this point I would have bought them all by selecting them and qty Max. Now EVERY time I do this it says there is a "Connection Error". I have to close the app and log back in before anything works. I can purchase single items, but doing so for say 100 items because Joe Idioacracy has posted them one at a time is very frustrating. I am using Samsung S5. Does blizzard know about this issue? Thank you for your time and attention!Xanthruid0 Jun 29, 2015
Jun 27, 2015 Can't restore for samsung galaxy s5 So I just got a Samsung Galaxy S5. I downloaded the authenticator but when I open it there is no menu button so I can restore the authenticator. What should I do?Ishtår10 Jun 27, 2015
Jun 26, 2015 Armory App Not Working Armory app is not working. Phone and app are up to date. Cant see guild info, character info, or auction house. Any idea why?Aserih0 Jun 26, 2015
Jun 25, 2015 [Solved] Remote auctions The remote auction house on my iphone updated yesterday. Ever since then ive had problems with it. It keeps trying to load and then telling me it encountered an error.. Is anyone else having this issue?Sunntrust9 Jun 25, 2015
Jun 24, 2015 The remote auction house is temporarily unavailable Since yesterday afternoon the remote auction house has been unavailable. Is this going to be fixed soon?Deathfiend3 Jun 24, 2015
Jun 24, 2015 Auction house is temporarily unavailable? When I tried to login to mobile auction house, it says 'The remote auction house is temporarily unavailable please try again later' I've been having this problem since 6.2 is up today. Realm is Frostmourne and I'm using iPhone 6 as my mobile app login device. Any explainations? CheersMydreamyao14 Jun 24, 2015
Jun 24, 2015 Push Notifications Hey guys, I want to report a bug that feels more like a curse. Push notifications for the Armory app has never worked on my iPhones, as it cannot receive whispers when the screen fades. Even after multiple re-installs and restores, the app has never asked for permission or appeared under the Settings-Notifications menu in any of the devices that I have owned (iPhone 4, 4S and 5S). Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help resolve this issue. Thanks! Device Model: ME432BZ/A Current iOS: 8.3 (12F70) Modem Firmware: 4.01.00 Armory App Version: 6.1.0Daileon6 Jun 24, 2015
Jun 12, 2015 Account banned from using remote features I can't use the auction house or guild chat on the Wow Armory app on iPhone 4. Each time I try and sign in for guild chat or list a item on auction house i get a message saying "Your account has been banned from using this World of Warcraft Remote feature" What I've tried: 1) Uninstall and reinstall the app 2) Uninstall the app, reset account password reinstall the app 3) Make sure phone updates are current 4) Totally restore phone to default settings 5) Delete download history from App store, and redownload 6) Downloaded the app to iPad (same message, so its not my phone or Apple) 7) Made sure account is active 8) Made sure there were no charges pending for account 9) Made sure all realms were up and online 10) Submitted a ticket (US46411253) - Was told "I apologize I dont have a fix for you!The only way to get this type of issue fixed is throughthe developers (who created the game and our app development team and the best avenue for that is through the bug report function and the forums. " 11) Waited through multiple Tuesday resets, hotfixes, and updates. What happened just before I was "banned": I voluntarily requested my account be locked so I could take a break from the game. This was on 09/04/2014 (US46336747). After I was done, I requested the account be unlocked and JOKINGLY said it was my evil twin that made the request. I submitted proof that I was the rightful owner of the account, and it was unlocked. But the mobile app never worked again. The long and short of it: Although I was told in a ticket that my account was unlocked and fully active, I suspect this is not the case. I have tried logging into the application on different devices, and even on phones owned by other people, only to get the exact error when accessing the AH and Chat. The issue has to be on Blizzard's end. Two subscriptions one account: - Possibly the issue? I have two paid subscriptions under one account, one that is currently inactive. I noticed on the app that while both accounts were paid and active, I could access both at the same time without having to log out of one and into the other. I could post auctions from each one freely by just changing the character as though they were under the same subscription. After one account went inactive I could no longer post from those characters, but I could still see them. I did not have problems posting auctions from the characters on the subscription that was active. Speculation / Grasping at straws: When I requested my account be locked, the one was already inactive. I have wondered if my armory app is detecting the inactive account and not the active one, thinking it is my "primary account". This may have been due to one legitimately being locked, and the other just having an expired payment. Perhaps this would cause the application to allow me to see my characters, and access the app, but not use the online functions that would require an active account. Again, perhaps this caused my account to think my "primary account" was the one that had the expired payment, and upon the account being unlocked it never switched back. I have not reactivated the expired account, because I have a use for it right now, and don't want to pay $15 just to try it. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, your my only hope.Budweíser4 Jun 12, 2015
Jun 10, 2015 Cannot add SMS Protect from a Verizon iPhone I've contacted Blizzard four times including over the phone tech support to push through an SMS protect for my contract Verizon iPhone 5s it keeps giving me the error message: "An error has occurred please try again later. Blizzard told me I need to contact Verizon because the Blizzard rep told me that Verizon sometimes routes customer's phone numbers to international cell towers, so the SMS Protect system has trouble determining my phone's location (it thinks I'm not a U.S. Citizen). I've had my number registered before and removed it, so I know it worked in the past. I feel that my phone number was somehow banned by the SMS system and that Blizzard is giving me the run around. I need a blue response here and I want this issue resolved. Please help.Apatom0 Jun 10, 2015
Jun 7, 2015 screenshot in armory I don't seem to have the option to take screenshots of my toon in the mobile armory on galaxy s3.. do I need to find a different version of the armory or something? I just downloaded it so I assume its the newest version.Valdradra0 Jun 7, 2015
Jun 6, 2015 wow armory previous version download link the new version of wow armor is unusable i would like a link to the previous version thank youKngganador0 Jun 6, 2015
Jun 6, 2015 Remote AH stuck on neutral AH setting My remote AH is stuck on neutral AH setting for all my toons, hordes and alliances, and I can not switch it back to normal / appropriate faction's AH. Also, each time I type up a search term (ie potion), and then click on Auction icon (which shows there are plenty of items to be sold), it would give me an error message: " Remote auction house error - To view this auction house, you much first switch to it from the remote auction house home screen." I'm trying to get more supplies for wod. Hope you can fix this issue soon. Thanks~Zaia9 Jun 6, 2015
Jun 6, 2015 Temporary Solution: Rollback Armory Version Armory is all but unusable in its current state and has been for too long, so this is what I did to get it working until a fix is released: First, turn off the iphone 7 auto app updating (just for now). Settings > iTunes & App Store > Under Automatic Downloads switch updates to off. 1. Delete app from phone. 2. Connect to iTunes. 3. (Don't update apps in iTunes.) Backup and Sync. 4. Navigate to Apps > WoW Armory. Right click icon, "get info". If version is 5.4, continue to step 5. If version is 5.2.4, skip to step 6. 5. Check your recycle bin for Armory 5.2.4. Drag it to iTunes and drop. Click "Replace" in the pop-up dialog. 6. Click on the iPhone button (top right) in iTunes. In the header menu, go to apps. Scroll down to the armory and "install". 7. Click apply and let it sync again. "Authentication Required.. Tap 'Yes' to automatically..." /bliss Be sure to turn auto updates back on once a fix is released. Love that feature.Navi15 Jun 6, 2015
Jun 4, 2015 This Account Has No Characters... So I went to try to look at some things on my Armory app which I just updated(including deleting the app and downloading it fresh) and when I log in it says "This Account Has No Characters..."Kßeast1 Jun 4, 2015
Jun 3, 2015 Armory app icon missing in Ipad 2 air Ever since this newest update, the app icon is missing and showing as a generic app icon on my Ipad running IOS 8.3. Everything else works fine as far as I can tell. On my Iphone running the newest IOs, everything seems ok (the icon shows up). As far as priorities go, this has to be pretty low on the totem pole, but it is irksome nonetheless.Ethrundil11 Jun 3, 2015
Jun 2, 2015 The AH in the Mobile Armory v. 6.1.1 The AH in the mobile armory app was awesome. The AH feature was extremely user friendly, had great features, and worked perfectly every time. You could sort by bid/item, buyout/item, and all that other good stuff that made this app great in many ways. Enter the new update: 6.1.1. Why would you remove such wonderful features and revert this great AH app to basically be a clone of the outdated in game AH as the app version's features (everything from buying to selling to price checking) were, in my eyes, ruined. Not to mention the loads of people not able to connect half the time etc (myself included), but that's not my point. My point is: WHY WHY WHY would you take a giant step backwards in terms of user friendliness and get rid of such great features? I loved the way the AH was in the previous version, but now find that it is lacking and I greatly miss what once was. Does anyone else share my opinion on this? Do you like the "new" remote AH, or do you prefer the old, more user friendly version like I do? It perplexes me that they would do this. /sigh all good things must come to an end EDIT - I know this might not be the correct place for this feedback as it is not a bug, but displeasure with the most recent changes. This was the most relevant place that I could find to voice my opinion on this; please move to another place in the forums if there is one more suited for a post like this.Ooples0 Jun 2, 2015
May 27, 2015 App says notifications are Disabled.. So this may have been answered, but I don't have the time to speed read through another 10 forum posts from 2013.. Anyways. I just got around to using the Mobile Armory app to keep up with guildies, events, AH, etc. and it works great, but it has decided to not send me any push notifications. After some browsing in Settings (within the app) I saw that my notifications were disabled. I went to my iPhone settings to turn on notifications and they're already on.. I'd love to be able to keep in contact without having to leave my phone constantly on and running the app in Guild Chat in order to avoid missing messages from people. Any ideas on how to remedy this situation? I redownloaded the app and reset my phone, but nothing has appeared to have made a difference.Rabbcub3 May 27, 2015
May 27, 2015 Character information not loading Os: android 5.0.2 Device: one plus one Problem: I am able to log in fine. The character list loads fine. However, nothing else in the app populates with data. I have tried clearing both my data and cache, as well as reinstalling the app. No noted improvement in either case.Ricecook0 May 27, 2015
May 27, 2015 Keep getting sent a Authorisation Code As of yesterday I keep getting sent a authorisation code to my mobile phone (6 digits) whenever I log into Armory, followed by a email from Blizzard Entertainment about account security. I've been using the mobile armory for years and have never had this happen until yesterday. Currently it happens everytime I log in. I haven't changed anything on my account in terms of security. Log in from the same andriod phone I've had for ages. What's going on?Kazoul0 May 27, 2015
May 24, 2015 Largely a useless app since update... So since the update I've had endless troubles with armory. All of my guild have issues connecting to remote chat with the app allowing them to actually connect and chat like 5% of the time. Otherwise it lets you login for all of three seconds and mysteriously disconnects guild chat while the rest of the app stays working. This leaves you permanently logged in and appearing active on remote chat. I have not yet found a way to make it set me as offline other than hoping each time it'll be the 5% where I can login and chat, then logout. It is also very hit and miss whether I can list auctions... I have tried 4G and different WiFis but have had no luck getting a consistent response from the app. If I try and list something it usually takes forever to think about it then tells me it's unable to connect to server. I test that my internet is working and it's worth noting the Hearthstone app works fine and allows me to access bnet chat etc. Being unable to list auctions happens about 80% of the time. Something I noticed just earlier is that it will not load another character on my account... I can't view inventory or see anything about that character. The moment I try and view the auction house with a different character it reverts back to my priest... Which doesn't work anyway. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5, straight out of the box configuration. I have not tested if it is being on an Oceanic realm that us a problem as all of our Oceanic problems were fixed months ago in relation to armory.Llamms0 May 24, 2015
May 23, 2015 Connection issue? Evening folks. I'm having difficulty accessing the Mobile Armory, using both the Android and iPhone/iPod app. Each time I attempt to log in, both read "Connection Error. Unable to establish connection to the server." The Android app is on my cell phone, which is not WiFi connected at the moment, but does have full signal running off the 3G cell network. I actually deleted and am currently reinstalling the iPod app, but it's connection to my wireless here at home has been pretty solid up until today. The re-download of the app is also going painfully slow, for whatever reason. Is there any issue with the Mobile Armory at this time, or am I just super unlucky?Otekah14 May 23, 2015
May 20, 2015 Has Anyone Been Able to Buy From the AH? I have not been able to purchase anything on the auction house since the update. I was wondering if anyone has been able to make a purchase on the mobile app auction house since the update? App worked fine until I tried to buy something. I then continuously got the unable to establish connection with server message. I seem to be able to post items, just can't buy them; and once I try to buy anything, all functionality stops and I just get the error repeatedly.Jellibeans11 May 20, 2015