Mobile Bug Report

Jul 23, 2014 mobile armory big after maintenance Mobile armory keeps telling me realm is under maintenance and won't let me use features like auction house or guild chat etc after maintenance on 7/22/14. Realm status says all are up but app still having issues.Toohomicidal17 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 "Your realm is under maintenence" No its not. I'm not able to use the Auction House part of the Mobile Armory App. When clicked on, the AH icon freezes and after a few minutes and says, "Your realm is under maintenance.", which is NOT the case. I really hope this gets fixed soon!Cahz1 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 Auction House Down Once again, Auction House In the Amory App is not worknig, surprise-surprise. Hello, Is this thing on? Can anybody hear me?Dashizznid1 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 Mobile Auction House down again When you select it, it says that the "realm is currently in maintenance" this has already been going on for at least a day.Forlorze2 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 Armory Bug seems server specific So I am also having issues with the mobile auction house and the guild chat features, but they seem to be server specific. If I am on my main server (Llane) I am getting the "Realm is in Maintenance" message still for the AH and guild chat is just unavailable. If I hop on one of my toons on Arygos (connected realm) same issue. Now, if I change to one of my toons on Winterhoof (different battlegroup) the guild chat and AH functions work fine. So I do not know what is different about the servers/groups, but I hope this helps.Nitzi2 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 Problem with Mobile Armory Auction House I'm still pretty new to WOW so I admit I am not very learned in regard to all the intricate details of how it all works but since the scheduled maintenance yesterday I have not been able to use the auction house from the mobile armory app. I only get a message saying that the "realm (stormreaver) is in maintenance." I've played with no problems since the maintenance so I know that the message is incorrect and I am unsure why I am still getting it. Any assistance I could get resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.Deekayecee7 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 Wow Mobile Armory Down? Whenever I attempt to use the Auction House on my phone, it says the realm is currently under maintenance. Anything I can do to fix this or is it just down?Holymosês8 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 Mobile Armory Bug There are at least three bugs being reported lately for the Mobile Armory app and I have experienced all three. The first is that it will constantly say "failed attempt," regardless if you enter the information in correctly or not. I am in a location that has internet available and my phone obviously has internet access. There are no firewalls, and there is absolutely nothing else running in the background of my phone, and no major programs are running on any computers (which may bog down connection) as well as no updates. The second is that it will constantly say "too many attempts," and you will have to wait at least around 15 minutes before it will ask for an authenticator. This only seems to happen when using the Mobile Authenticator. Another problem with this, is when it says that a password or email is incorrect, even though it obviously is not. The third and final bug is the one that locks your Battle.net account, in which case you will have to log on to Battle.net either to change your password, call costumer service to unlock it, or attempt to log on to a Blizzard website (World of Warcraft for example) and input any security validations like SMS codes. There was another bug that followed just before these appeared. Even if you were to "remain logged in," you would still get disconnected the second you switched apps. This may not occur with everyone else, but it certainly happened to me several times.Nalanie4 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 16, 2014 Mobile Armory Issue Hey, I had an account lock due to logging in on the mobile application from a different location. I already spoke to a chat representative and the account was reset. I've been able to access bnet from my phone, yet I'm still getting the failed attempts error on the mobile app. Any ideas?Tsvok0 Jul 16, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 mobile armory i keep trying to log into the app and everytime i do it says my account is locked because of security problems how do i make that stop so i can use the appHølyknight3 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Mobile Auction House problem When I try to access the auction house on the Mobile Armory app I get an error saying, "The Armory encountered an error handling this request". I also have the problem of my characters gold not appearing in the bottom left corner, but I believe that this may be related to the auction house issue. Does anyone know if there is a fix for the mobile AH issue?Drogadoth29 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 Armory not working after realm connection Hi, I mentioned this on twitter to @BlizzardCS and was directed here... (https://twitter.com/asciident/status/441918210191790080) My realm, Eredar, was connected to 3 other realms on Thursday, 3/6, after which the Armory pages for all of my characters on Eredar have stopped working (I get the "oops" page). This is in both the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. In the mobile app, trying to access my Armory says "character not found" and the mobile auction house gives an error message indicating my character is temporarily unavailable while undergoing processes such as realm transfer or faction change. Armory pages for characters on servers that have not recently been connected to other realms are working as expected. I don't need any help; I figure it's just a bug or delay related to connecting realms. I just wanted to make sure the issue was reported. Thanks.Jossalin17 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 10, 2014 Armory not updating my name I was forced into changing my name by Blizzard a couple months ago, the name at the time was Fistingdudes. I had changed it to Yetî and it wont update the name on the armory and is causing problems for thing's like simcraft or other outside sources that require my character's armory information. It's also really annoying see'n my old name on the roster still, gonna put links to the armory below. This has been an issue for like a year now, really want to get this fixed already :( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Fistingdudes/simple As u can see at the top of your tab, it actually says Yetî on it, but it doesn't say it on the actual website. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Yetî/simple When i do the current name on WoW right now, nothing shows up.Fistingdudes1 Jul 10, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Still having issue viewing guild info tab I have posted once already about this issue and received no resolution or response. I have even contacted blizzard about it and I am apparently !@#$ out of luck. The only suggestion the bliss represent ice offered was reinstalling the app which to no surprise didn't work. This is honestly the only issue with the app I have had but it has been an ongoing problem since April. Why has this not been addressed yet? I can find multiple other posts regarding the same problem with again no successful response and NO response from blizzard on this forum. This is getting ridiculous.Wölfgang0 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Mobile Armory Authenticateing Hi, I use the mobile armory app(android) daily to chat with guildies and view the AH. I have a keyring authenticator. Until yesterday i could login and out of the app as i pleased (eg when phone screen sleeps/take a call etc.) and reopen the app and it would resume. Now however each time i "reopen" the app it asks me to enter my authenticator code. Is there a setting i have missed or do i have to enter my code each time the app closes? Cheers :)Brewfetcher43 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Re-entering password every time I 'tab out' I have to enter my password every single time I tab from my email and back, which is a lot sadly as I rely on email notifications for my xmog 'business'. Is this intended? Isn't it more realistic to just have us enter the password every time the app is opened? Particularly if your authenticator is on the same phone. I've missed many a bargain because of this. Off of my own topic, I am also having the following issues as mentioned by others in this forum, but I'll repeat them here in the hopes they might someday receive attention (I use a SGS5); "Login Failed" with good login information (there is a seperate error message for incorrect password, so I know that is not the case). "Too many attempts" error messages after said login failures. Authenticator import requests when switching from one function to another ie from buying to selling. Random 'blackscreen' crashes, particularly after purchasing one item and proceeding to buy another (hooray for entering more passwords!)This app rocks, I find it genuinely useful and user-friendly however the bugginess just drives me crazy. Thanks for your attention!Cashbringer1 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Mobile Armory collective failures complaint. I want to love this app. I really *really* do. There's just so many things I'm having trouble with on it and I'm hoping either someone here has a suggestion for (that doesn't involve the mobile authenticator, I have a keyfob thanks and I'd prefer to keep it that way), or Blizzard can friggin fix it. Authentication on login. Why in the name of Hate did you guys do this? Not only is a constant pain in the !@#$, but with other bugs and/or 'features'(which will also be listed here), it's nigh intolerable. I could understand needing authentication for the auction house, but nothing else actually affects the character itself and typically account jackers aren't logging into mobile. Especially if... There needs to be a way to set a mobile device ID as a "trusted" device. No need for authenticator there. Sure, you can put it on there as an option but it shouldn't be mandatory. Especially if you have the mobile authenticator. At that point, if your jerk brother or vengeful ex got your phone you'd be screwed anyways. Most intelligent people have a lock code on their phone anyways. Stop. Forking. Crashing. Seems every single blinking time I have to switch apps on my phone(got a text message, email notification, yahoo messenger, doesn't matter really), if I'm out of the mobile app for longer than 30 seconds, it freaking crashes when I switch back to it. This leads to me needing to reauthenticate(again). Half the time I log in, enter guild chat, start typing... "you are not logged in to guild chat." Bullcrap, I just was 2 seconds ago and didn't do a damn thing between logging in and tapping the guild chat window. Timeouts. Screen dims? Logged out. Shut screen off manually? Logged out. Switched apps for more than 30 seconds and magically didn't crash? Logged out. I could see logging out of an authentication session for the AH if you simply must do it, but for the love of all that's unholy, WHY do I get logged out of guild chat like that? Can't you add a freaking option for it somewhere? I have two messenger programs running 24/7 on my phone. It keeps me logged in for 2 weeks per authentication. The data traffic isn't that bad, and messages are queued when my display is off and they load when my display comes back on again. There is very little incentive for me to sit in gchat and stare at my phone when I'm just trying to monitor what's going on and if someone needs me for something. If it's that dire, text me for crying out loud. And while I could see a logout if idle... what gives with me *not* being idle and being logged out? Just because I'm not actively in the app doesn't mean that I don't want to stay logged in! Gah. TLDR between constant reauthentication,crashes, login timeouts and annoyances, this app isn't the convenience that it really could be and it's disappointing. Bleh.Sakiri0 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 2, 2014 Can't log in Downloaded the app and every time I try to log in it says invalid username/password. I'm entering the exact same info I log into Bnet with.Slappityslap0 Jul 2, 2014
Jun 26, 2014 Gear upgrade feature When selecting a piece of gear from a characters armory and using the upgrade feature it shows all items that the character can equip starting with the highest ilevel. This includes int/str/spirit gear. I would assume this is not intended as equipping the wrong main stat gear with a higher ilevel would not be an upgrade.Crayons0 Jun 26, 2014
Jun 26, 2014 Fist/claw of molten fury Hello! I found a bug with WoW armory. I was looking up my new toon and as I saw his weapon is in the wrong side. It's not a big issue but i like to take screenshot to send to my fellow wower and i was disapoint for this bug. If it is possible to be fix it would be great (as those weapon mogs are here to stay for this toon even in woD) I did submit a screenshot to a GM and suggest me to but the bug on this forum. The weapon on his left hand, even if it is fist or claw of molten fury is on the same side as the one he has in right hand...so more to say, the toon look like he's been impaled by his own weapon...lol Hope it get fixed. Thank you !Reikiphoenìx0 Jun 26, 2014
Jun 24, 2014 Mobile Armory, Keep getting my account locked I've been trying to use the mobile armory app on my phone (Samsung S3, android OS version 4.1.2), and I keep getting connection errors. These connection errors persist until I wind up getting my account locked for "an unusual change in my access pattern". I just recently started playing again so yeah it's an unusual change in my access pattern, I'm playing again! Would anyone be able to provide some insight on why I keep getting the connection error problem? Gettin real tired of having to keep unlocking my bloody account.Azsmash7 Jun 24, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 Whispers not working Trying to whisper a friend of mine while he is on his armory app and im in game and tells me there is no one by that name currently playing. He said he had the same issue when he was in game and i was on my app. I also tried logging in on the app to whisper him on the app as well and it says hes offline even when it shows him as being online and he is able to whisper me in game. What can ido to fix this? I am using an iPhone 4, dont know about his phone.Torami4 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 16, 2014 AH Not Showing All Available Sellable Items When I go to create an auction it is not showing all available items that I have in my bank and bags. Only a hand full of random items. I select the all options button, just the "in bag option", the "in bank" option and its the same few random items.Perlas2 Jun 16, 2014
Jun 15, 2014 Remote auction house problem Hey I just started using the remote auction house on my mobile device, I'm having a problem with the Buying section of it. Problem is when I go into a category, in my case I went to armor-->leather, it won't let me get out to the other categories again. I tried everything it seems like, I switched characters and they are all in the leather armor specific search as we'll without an option to go to the 'Buy' main menu. I then tried logging out and back in, still it was stuck on the armor-->leather search. Thx for the help :pOchoflexin0 Jun 15, 2014
Jun 15, 2014 Suggestions: Armory mobile app Hello, Here are several suggestions for the app: - add the option "Usable items" when browsing the Auction House (EX: very difficult to look for a pattern not known yet) - optimize the mobile app for iphone 5 users - is it possible to add an option "language" in the parameters? I don't know if many people are in my situation but my iphone is in French, and I would like it to remain this way for many reasons but I can't stand the Armory app in French, I am used to playing WoW in English. I tried to set up my iphone in English and the Armory app is automatically translated in English. Is there a way to keep the Armory app in English and the rest of the phone in another language?Cachou4 Jun 15, 2014
Jun 12, 2014 Mobile App Account Locking Logging in to the app = always successful. Attempting to conduct an AH transaction = login failed, account locked due to suspicious activity. Resetting password and starting over again = deja vu. This just started after downloading the latest app update for IOS.Daisyy38 Jun 12, 2014
Jun 10, 2014 WoW Armory Android App - Cannot Log In I have tried, and tried, and tried to log into this app but it does not let me in and then requires me to change my password every time. I know my password works as I can log into the game/these forums just fine but the app refuses to let me in. Is anyone else unable to log in?Stickshìft3 Jun 10, 2014
Jun 7, 2014 List of items that need addressed! 6-7-2014 1. Constant app crashes because "it cannot find server" even though it was just logging in and talking with the server moments before it. Or in the middle of listing items on AH the app will randomly crash 2. The waste of time authenticator log in upon opening the app. then if you go straight to listing of auctions you will probably get "incorrect user name/passord" because the authenticator number hasn't changed yet" 3. Guild chat constantly signing out when app is sleeping in background. 4. "To many attempts" because of all the stupid app crashes from the reasons above. This has been going on for about 2 months now. Multiple android devices, and many users here have shown the same issue, regardless of device used. Blizzard I believe our patience has been long enough. Fix this app. I understand you have a huge expansion coming up, but seriously, you cannot devote 1 or 2 programmers onto this project, or even have a team specific to the app? Fix it, or just come out and say you don't care. I personally don't care which, but let's show some damn activity on the mobile forums already and address the issue to the people posting. By the way, if this was a beta app, i could understand, but it is not. This is a live production app. Best just turn it back into beta.Taranis0 Jun 7, 2014
Jun 5, 2014 200 transaction limit on mobile? What's the deal with the 200 transaction limit per day? Is it geared towards security or something else?Yurma0 Jun 5, 2014
Jun 3, 2014 Guild Information not loading since rename. Hey, So since renaming our guild to Blood Reckoning the mobile armoury is not loading and guild related information. Guild chat still works, events still work and AH works. Error message that reads is "the Armory encountered an error handling this request". This error appears on both Andriod and iPhone versions of the application and have done following steps to attempt fix: 1, Uninstall and reinstall. 2. Clear App Cache data 3. (iPhone only) reformat and fresh install of iOS 7. 4. Ticket in Game GM, Gm advised they would "reset" the guild on their end. Didn't work. The rename happened a few months ago; specific date would be able to be fetched via GM. Other guildies are also reporting the same issue. Help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope!Argetlám0 Jun 3, 2014
May 31, 2014 Banned but gm doesnt know why I am getting an error when trying to use remote guild chat saying . "Your account has been banned from using this World of Warcraft Remote feature'" I have no idea why i have never used this feature so i contacted a gm they couldn't figure out why either so this is my last hope Blue guys please helpGlorioûs0 May 31, 2014
May 30, 2014 One failed is too many? I just tried to log in, forgot a letter in the password. Now after just one attempt is says too many failed attemps. Seriously?Kunther0 May 30, 2014
May 26, 2014 Toon not in armoury-sent here by support ? Diamond and Jakkell of Alexstrasza are not showing in armoury. Problems with their ilevel that we are unable to confirm without armoury. Support requested that we post here for resolution. Problem is that Diamond is now unable to do lfr raids that she did several days ago due to lower ilevel ?!?Braitac0 May 26, 2014
May 25, 2014 WoW Armory App (android) error on desktop Yesterday while I was out of town, I tried to log in with the WoW Armory App but for whatever reason it couldn't establish a connection, so I was never able to log in. Today as I'm trying to log in (on my desktop at home) I get an error message that I cannot log in while using the remote app. I checked my device and it wasn't running (if you go into the android system settings, under apps you can see everything that's running). so I decided to uninstall it but I'm still getting that error when I log into my characters (via my desktop). I'm not sure what else I need to do.Valerya1 May 25, 2014
May 24, 2014 Android Armory woes Yes, it's a free app. So I deal with some things more than I would if I were paying for it. But all of these things make Activision Blizzard look extremely incompetent. _________ - Fails to log in, even with good login/password information - Eventually, I am told there have been "too many attempts" and it will not even log in at all - Will not stay connected to Guild Chat for more than a few seconds. Guild chat is nearly worthless as a result. - Multiple requests to use my authenticator app -- Fine, use it! But, stop SPAMMING ME! And why do you demand to use my authenticator when I'm not even using the Remote Auction House at the time? - Does not display times correctly for calendar events - Does not display several calendar events *at all* - Does not display characters on merged realms appropriately. - Does not correctly model characters in 3D when you try to view them. - Cannot look up a character's reputation for Emperor Shaohao. It isn't listed in character reputations. - Instead, the Armory provides a blank bar for a faction called, "Shang Xi's Academy"... who the freak is that!?!? - Does not have the same functionality as the iOS Armory when it comes to many things. (Why is that? Laziness on the part of Android programmers?) - Lists glyphs which are nonexistent within the game, when using the talent part of the app. Example: Glyph of Supernova for Warlocks _________ Feature Suggestions for improvement: - Allow us to display currency for a given character - Allow us to display our raid lockout(s), so we know which character has done what - Allow us to see what zone(s) players are in when looking at the Guild display in guild chat.Qadima5 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 mobile armoury keeps app locking account Having an issue with mobile armoury every time I use I get the following message it saying my account has been locked banned due to suspicious activity. I have enabled sms alerts and I have a key chain authenticator but I still get the locked I have done the following over a dozen time still I get locked I cannot use the app at all and yes I did the process from the mobile phone I put the app on even loged into battle net but if I try to use the appp zap and it's locked 1. Make note of the platform (game or mobile) where you received the lockout message. 2. Use the password reset option to verify your access and unlock the account. 3. For your first login after the unlock, use the same platform where you initially saw the lockout message. 4. This should ensure that access is validated, and as long as nothing else changes it should reduce or eliminate the chance of seeing this again.Bouncemanic1 May 24, 2014
May 23, 2014 Staying Online I have the armory on my Android phone. Is there a way to stay online in the background (i.e., guild chat) even when my phone goes to sleep or while switching between apps? Doesn't seem to be staying online. Thanks.Erlock0 May 23, 2014
May 21, 2014 Mobile Armory thinks I'm logged in The mobile app starts okay and I can see auctions and talk in guild chat, but as soon as I try to interact with the mail or auctions, it says that the account is logged into the game and freezes that particular character. Go to next character, starts out okay, can see auctions, then says it is logged into the game and won't let me see anything. Go to next character, same thing. Restart app, and the whole thing starts all over again.Metasequoia0 May 21, 2014
May 21, 2014 - Delete - DeleteKhaoz0 May 21, 2014
May 20, 2014 some issues with app armoury I have seen Well if the app is going to get an over haul I might give my insight with a few issues I have observed. The first thing is when I search for either a player or guild and of there are multiple entries it either falls our ala for sever and when I began to type it at that point says handling error. Also when I log into guilds chat it will connect for a moment the kick my player offline and ire sign into chat. Also recently where I get the error of too many attempts even though login is same and remembered and authenticator loaded this was before this major take down, however so more frequent recently, I hope this may help developers and thanks for your time.Silkypoopy2 May 20, 2014
May 19, 2014 Whispers not working on mobile app I find that lately whispers to guildies are not working on the app...even when i log out of the app and log back in, they still don't work when this used to be a temp fix. Please get this fixed as I like to whisper some of my guildies instead of talk in guild chat.. ThanksKidona0 May 19, 2014
May 19, 2014 You cannot log in while using WOW Remote just had this happen a bunch??? I was reading another thread that said someone hacked my account to use the mobile AH app to steal my gold? whats up with this blizzVhok7 May 19, 2014
May 19, 2014 Crashes after each auction house post Galaxy S III (SPH-L710) Android 4.3 Wow Armory Version 5.4.2 Sprint First I have to log into armory, It checks my mobile authenticator and logs me in. Then I click on the Auction House. At this point I can browse and see my bags just fine. Then I click on an item to sell and list it. I am then asked to put in my password again as it checks my authenticator, again... This is the first silliness. Then after one listing I try to list another and it crashes. Wow armory loses its connection (retry or dismiss) both have the same end result and that's the app having to be restarted. Which requires me to log into the armory app, and then again for each item. Urge to kill, rising.Torloque1 May 19, 2014
May 18, 2014 Faction Change stuffed up amoury Excuse me, I can't remember when I faction changed this guy but he is still like this? Could someone please help? This is the character that I'm having issues with so yea, if someone could help that would be great; thanks!Phantomm0 May 18, 2014
May 18, 2014 Cannot log in while using WoW Remote? I don't even know what that is, but i cannot log onto my character, and I keep getting disconnected. can anyone help?Räÿne1 May 18, 2014
May 17, 2014 Mobile and web armory bugged? The mobile and web armory are showing this character Shamshi as both Human and Orc even though he is Orc only (faction change), it also shows my mage Shamshilol which was deleted a while ago. Now the problem this is causing is I can't use the AH on the mobile armory because it keeps saying character not found (my Orc)? Also everytime I log in to the mobile or web armory my profile is either the Orc or Human, it keeps changing randomly even though I always set it as Orc?Shamshi0 May 17, 2014
May 16, 2014 Was the mobile armory hacked? It's been down for 2 days now without any updates. The last time this happened it was hacked. Can we at least get an update on what the issue is?Cabletron2 May 16, 2014
May 15, 2014 Toons deleted from WoW still in Armory app I deleted several toons a few weeks ago and two still appear in the armory app.. How do I remove them??Saekitteh0 May 15, 2014
May 15, 2014 Mobile Armory Issues Hello, For the last couple weeks my WoW armory has not been working: -Whenever I try to log in it says my information is incorrect -Whenever I try to log onto the website via chrome on my phone it says my information is incorrect -When it isn't saying my information is wrong, it's not able to connect to server. I have a Nexus 4 android phone. Thank you for your responses. :D Have a good dayAmaliâ4 May 15, 2014
May 15, 2014 Guild and auction house armory error For the past several weeks I cannot access the guild tab and recently the auction house has started with the same error "armory has encountered an error handling this request" so now I cannot access either. I am using an iPhone 5 and am on the Quel'dorei serverAlchemancy1 May 15, 2014