Games, Gaming and Hardware

May 4, 2011 Spoiler Warning and Guidelines Be warned that entering this forum you are opening yourself up to potential spoilers. The discussion of books, games, and movies are simply and completely prone to spoilers to many degrees. Without discussing the information proposed in these mediums, there isn’t much of a discussion to be had. It is therefore on you as an observer to choose where and when to enter into the possibility of seeing spoilers. We do not require spoiler tags or otherwise require any warning that a thread may contain a spoiler. You should assume that when clicking on a thread you will see spoilers on that topic. With that in mind we do have some rules to ensure it can continue to be your choice as to where and when you see spoilers while on these forums. Spoilers do not directly violate the rules of this forum as long as: They are not contained within thread subject lines. Posting a thread with a title that is itself a spoiler will result in a harsh penalty. They are reasonable within the context of the thread. Jumping into a thread to post a spoiler that’s off-topic, or creating a thread with a misleading subject line to reveal a spoiler, will result in a harsh penalty. Like all moderation, we reserve the right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based on our discretion.Bashiok0 May 4, 2011
May 3, 2011 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums! Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011 Welcome to the Games discussion forum! In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming and hardware. Whether you want to talk about a non-Blizzard game, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware purchase advice, this is the place. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450500 Further reading - Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#5Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
1h Windows 10 product key keeps resetting So I bought a computer today that was built by a store not to far from me, they said everything was fine blah blah blah and ready to go. I take it home, get the room set up and once I get it going it asks me to enter in my product key and go through some basic set up information. As soon as this is done it restarts after a few seconds and then it repeats over and over again, I opened up my bios but I don't know what to look for to be honest. I have a windows 10 cd that I tried to maybe to a reinstall but when it goes to which drive to install it, it says none of them are allowed that they are in GPT format? I don't know what that means and I don't want to mess with it if I don't know. It just sucks cause I may have to drive an hour just to get them to fix it. Kind of pissed off after spending so much money. I should of checked it in the store but theyh had it all boxed up and I wasn't thinking. Any help would be appreciated, I was hoping to use this computer for Legion but I guess I need to wait just a little bit longer :(Fracked2 1h
1h Windows 10 Graphic Glitch Help Pls! I haven't played WoW after upgrading to windows 10 so today I got my copy of legion turned account back on and go to log in. Well I can log in alright but it looks like a light show. The graphics glitch and the best way I can explain it is like laser beams going crazy off the sides of objects such as my character making the game unplayable. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers for video card. Here is what I'm working with as far as my pc goes. Intel i5-4570 Geforce GTX 760 updated to 372.70 8Gb Ram Windows 10 Any help would be appreciated I have googled this and haven't really found an answer other than update driver which did not in my case do anything. It does this with WoW the worst. It also does this with internet windows in the corners of them sometimes or the search bar sections. Ultima Online (yeah I still play it) is not affected by it. Thank you.Babyboss1 1h
1h Why is my CPU usage so high all of a sudden? Yesterday, I could play wow on ultra high settings with about 80 - 90 fps, now I can barely run wow on the lowest settings and get about 2 - 5 fps. I check out task manager and found that my CPU usage is over 90% when I run wow. This just started yesterday night, I though nothing of it and come this morning that the problem still is here. Can anyone help me fix this?Bloodwôlf10 1h
1h Game recommends setting 5 I built the following PC 2 weeks ago Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus Z170-K ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory Kingston 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card The game recommends a setting of 5, is that low or what's to be expected?Lassic7 1h
6h What settings can my laptop do? So, I got a laptop for my birthday and I was wondering what settings it could run with high fps it suggest 4 but I feel like that should be higher. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-star-wars-special-edition-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-darkside-black/4563805.p?id=1219768912041&skuId=4563805 Sorry for the long link but I don't know what all I should post so I figured I would just like the page. I was wondering what I should have everything set to have high fps and decent graphics.Gilrid1 6h
6h How will this computer run WOW? Hello all, I am going to get my brother a computer for wow. We have been playing World of Tanks and Neverwinter on the PS4. With the new expansion, I will be playing wow a bit more again and I want to bring him along. His current computer was bad when it was new 6 years ago. I found a cheap reconditioned PC at the local comp shop and was wondering how it would run wow. Specs below. He has played a tiny bit years ago. It's mostly going to be leveling, dungeons and maybe some casual BGs. It will likely be a while before he gets into any serious raiding or PVPing if ever. I'm paying for it so I don't really care about high settings. Just don't want it to look be at the lowest settings and still perform poorly. i3-540 3.04ghz 4gb ram No video card but I will put the GTX645 out of my pc into it. Bestbuy has a Zotac GTX 750TI on sale so I will put that in my PC. Also wondering if overclocking would make it better. It's a custom build so I was told it is over-clockable. I have never done anything like that so it might be worth while to learn about a bit if it would make a difference.Durath4 6h
6h Logitech G600 gaming mouse I have this mouse, and for reasons I can't explain it seems to lock up my keyboard. After using the mouse for a while, my keyboard starts to act as though I have the Ctrl key constantly pressed, or the Shift key, or the Num Lock depending on what mode I have active on the mouse. I tried pressing the Ctrl button combinations that are supposed to unlock that mode but it doesn't work. I can't very well use a gaming mouse made for WoW if it renders half my keyboard commands unusable. Does anyone know what's going on here? Any help would be appreciated. I searched google for answers and came up dry. Basically, this mouse makes my keyboard act all kinds of goofy. If someone's familiar with this, please HALP!Pétra0 6h
7h EVGA GTX 950 SC+ vs Asus Strix GTX 960 Hello! I'm building a PC for my little brother and want to buy a new GPU. This very evening we have the EVGA GTX 950 SC+ ACX 2.0 Dual going for $217 (I know, expensive country) and the Asus Strix GTX 960 going for $248. While I can pay the difference for the Strix, I have my concerns if it's worth the extra $30. Just like me, he'll spend most of his time playing WoW at 1080p. What do you guys recommend?Azshauren7 7h
8h Upgrading hardware Hello all, I am wanting my game to run as smooth and look as good as this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrbheDOawlY My current specs are here. PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qvnF23 Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qvnF23/by_merchant/ CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 EATX LGA1150 Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Storage: Western Digital Se 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $0.00) Monitor: BenQ GW2760HS 27.0" 60Hz Monitor (Purchased For $199.99) Monitor: BenQ GW2760HS 27.0" 60Hz Monitor (Purchased For $199.99) Monitor: BenQ GW2760HS 27.0" 60Hz Monitor (Purchased For $199.99) Other: CM Storm Sniper - Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with Fan Controller and LED Light Switch I can run the game on ultra, but i never get the performance that I see in videos. And for some unknown reason, the game textures just don't look as good either. I have a friend with lower specs than what I have, and his game runs so much better/smoother than mine does. We compared all of our settings in wow and nvidia control panel, and they were the same. I have disabled any throttling from the OS and GPU settings. What would be the best thing to upgrade on this to get it running well? I am really leaning toward getting a 1080 hybrid card, but as I have seen in my past upgrades, I think its time for a new cpu/mobo. I am not really sure a new graphics card is the answer here.Tekstation10 8h
8h Amazon - Need to vent I just need to vent somewhere. Uhhh! I pre-ordered Legion 2 months ago (physical copy) from Amazon to save $10, assuming I would receive it on time. But nope, delayed. Why would you ship it the day before. Hurts so bad seeing everyone getting into Legion but not me. On top of that customer service sucks, I just keep getting redirected to help menus. Never again will I pre-order a physical copy of a game from Amazon.Pneumonic3 8h
12h WoW ultra settings issue So, I bought a new PC some months ago. I was looking forward to play Overwatch and World of Warcraft using the best settings possible. But yesterday I bought legion, game time and then I tought, well, let's do this! So I set everything to ultra with the best possible options. And then comes the reality, I was at my Garrison and got around 40 FPS, I moved out from the great hall, to the dummies to test new skills and rotation and it dropped to 15 for a while. My PC specs are: Processor AMD FX-8350 (FD8350FRHKBOX) Motherboard Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 (90-MIBJP0-G0EAY0MZ) Power Supply Thermaltake EVO_Blue 2.0 750W (EVO-750M) GPU MSI Radeon R9 390 GAMING 8G 8GB 512Bit GDDR5 Memory 8GB DDR3 1866MHz HyperX Kingston Hx318c10fr/8 (x2) HD Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM SATA III 64 Mb Cache SSD Plus 120gb Sandisk 2.5" Sata III Monitor LED 23,6 Wide FullHD Game Mode S24E310 Samsung Currently, I am playing at 1080p @ 60Hz. World of Warcraft is installed on the SSD. At Windows "Power Options", the default is Balanced. Should I set it do high performance? Does it change anything in game? I haven't tested it. I know there are some options that aren't noticeable using only Full HD, but I don't know wich ones. I also know that cutting draw distance and shadows will probably help a lot, but I am not comfortable cutting settings that I will actually see the difference. I'm kinda sad because I tought those specs would be way more than needed. The drivers are updated as well. Can anyone help me? Wich settings should I cut to get a smooth 60FPS, at least? Or my computer is really not enough for legion ultra settings? Are there any parts that are bottle necking my performance?Negototta2 12h
12h Performance upgrade I've got a i5 3550, 8G DDR3 and a GTX 970 and can get pretty average frames in wow sometimes, thinking of upgrading to a i5 6500 and 16G DDR4 as I suspect I might be bottle necking any one know if this will help FPS alot? I play at 1080p.Thrúum2 12h
14h ultimate budget poor parent PC for Legion The ultimate backup / budget parents legion pc would be the goal here. *** After buyuing the kids gaming PC I find I need another computer to play legion on and it needs to be low cost. I have cases, drives, and probably acceptable power supplies. I don't want state of the art (Have one, but kids use it / tie it up a lot. I want something sitting in my computer room that I can log in and play at 30FPs or better even in raid environments and see the bad stuff and stay out of it. Cost as low as reasonable. don't mind building one, but prebuilt would be nice, Used / reconditioned from a reputable suppler possible ok. Can someone source me something that will play it. I"m semi computer literate, but far far from a pro at putting together parts that will work at the very lowest cost possible.Sylene7 14h
1d PC Scrap Up Hey guys, I have a spare computer with an AMD FX-8120 and I was wondering if put a gtx 660 if it would be able run Legion on decent settings at a stable and enjoyable frame rate. Also, what do you think the avg frame rate would be? Thanks in advance guys!Gelati3 1d
1d AMD Zen architecture Looking forward to the new AM4 socket this fall: http://wccftech.com/amd-zen-cpu-8-core-summit-ridge-launching-october/ Saving up money for both a AMD chip and Radeon RX 480.Esanelle17 1d
1d So I just got a laptop with a gtx 1060.. For the recommended settings NVIDIA gives (on the scale its a 6) it seems I am getting 30-40 fps just being in orgimmar and it looked like the mid 20s during a invasion. Is this normal? I am a little surprised. resolution is 1920x1080 CPU is intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHZ. 16 gb DDR 4 RAM, running on a SSDNoboundss35 1d
1d RX480 or GTX 1060 for WOW Looking to buy a new graphics card. This is strictly for WOW. I'm thinking about getting the RX480 or GTX 1060. I like the idea of the 480 as I can run them in Crossfire (down the road) when I go to a better monitor. I also like how the Freesync monitors are WAY cheaper then the GSync monitors. The rest of my specs are: i5 6600K - OC to 4.4GHZ 16GB DDR4 Any feedback is appreciated!Reckan20 1d
1d Good Keyboard Brands? What are some bood brands? Is Tesoro good?Damuzî11 1d
1d Hooking 3 Fans To One Mobo Header? What's the best way to do this? I have 3, 3-pin 120mm fans and I want to connect them to one Motherboard header (3-pin as well). I've heard splitters can work but you can overload the header if you're not careful which is the last thing I want to do. I've also looked around for Fan Controllers but I can't find any that are for 3-pin.Empowerments1 1d
1d Did I buy a decent upgrade? It's been a long time since I built a computer. It worked, so why mess with it, ya know? Now it's seen more than 10 years of hard service, and it's showing its age. Errors, restarts, slowing down at random times, etc. With Legion coming out I decided it was time to bite the budget bullet, and ordered a new CPU (step 1 in the makeover). My current CPU is (I believe) this: " AMD FX 8150 Eight Core Processor ". A Google search gives me this info: FX-8150 / 3.6GHz (base), 3.9GHz (CPU Turbo), 4.2GHz (Max Turbo), but it's been so long I don't know if this is the same thing I bought 10+ years ago. Anyway, here's the CPU I just bought to replace it: AMD CPU FX-8350 Black Edition 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ FD8350FRHKHBX Desktop Processor with AMD Wraith Cooler For the sake of my sanity, please tell me I didn't screw this up!Panscrubber6 1d
1d graphics card cpu: i3 6320 mobo: EVGA Z170 Stinger ram: G.SKILL TridentZ 8GB DDR4 monitor: BenQ RL2455HM graphics card: ? i just want to run 1080 on ultra. will be strictly for WOWßiggzxoxo4 1d
1d Borked gpu? suggestions? https://youtu.be/9ryGwiuglFk So ya, white artifacts all over. These are on the lowest settings. If I put them to my normal setup, textures and lines flip out all over the place. Gigabyte 1070 G1, card is barely 2 months old I think. No heating issues that I can tell. Replaced thermal paste with some I had, thermal pads seem in place, no noticeable damage. Uninstalled/reinstalled drivers. Worked fine until yesterday when all of a sudden started flipping out. Any suggestions besides RMA'ing? Also noticed my gpu running 100% while idle.Cbiscuitdk8 1d
1d 1440p upgrade affect my rigs performance? Figured i'd confirm a few things before I went ahead and purchased the monitor. Going from 24" ASUS 1080p 60hz to a OC'able 27" QNIX 1440p 60hz that I have read so many good things about and wanted to make sure I wouldn't get a drop in performance in Ultra setting playing Heroes and Warcraft. Just built this rig, playing at Ultra with 200% Render Scale and it is as smooth as butter in PvP, Capitals, Invasion events with 50+ tagging mobs, and Raids and really seeing what this(WoW) game looks like flawlessly for the first time. Such a VAST improvement from my lame AMD FX-8320/7700 build. Would really like to keep things smooth and flawless and high FPS but want to take it to the next level even still with the display. So, will it all be okay? Will performance take a hit at Ultra? Do I need to tweak settings and if so which ones? Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6gb Asus z170p Intel i5 6600k Cryorig H7 Geil Potenza 16gb Corsair 480gb SSD Seasonic M12 620W BronzeJoslynne4 1d
1d Streaming battle net question Just wondering how do I stream music while I'm doing a stream via the new battle net application.Xombz0 1d
1d Recommend a build I want a pc that will run on high settings. I have a budget of 1200-1300 could someone recommend me a build? Also I see alot of talk about over clocking. I have never done this not sure if it matters?Rwarrior4 1d
1d Can someone help me get a better Video card So i have a i5-4670l cpu @3.40ghz 8GB RAM . I currently am running a geforce GTX660. And with Legion coming out i want to spoil myself in a new card. I would love be able to max out the settings even 8 or 9 /10 is fine for me. My Budget is around 300 the cheaper the better. Thanks for any help someone can give me. Night all!!Rabbitse10 1d
1d Is There A Need For A Typical HDD Anymore? Getting a new comp made soon. I am getting a Samsung 512GB 2500/1500 R/W 950 Pro M.2 SSD as my boot up and game drive. I was wondering, other than the massive storage available with an HDD if there was any other reason to use one as a secondary drive? I have a 1TB drive holding everything from OS to games and a mess of audiobooks but have only used 668gb. Maybe just throw in a Samsung 500G 540/520 R/W 850 EVO SSD and say goodbye to the platter drives.Phitz24 1d
1d cataclysm wired mouse not working I haven't used my cataclysm mouse sense cata and before in the interface you'd click a button to activate it for the buttons to work but now in the interface it's not there and my buttons won't work if there's anything I can do please help. thanksKillerblades1 1d
1d Built a new I3 rig looking for advice. Ok so I built a new I3 rig for legion and my old one was built 5 years ago So Here are the parts: I3 sky lake 3.7 GHZ As rock Fatal1ty B150 gaming K4 8 gigs of rip jaws V pc2400 DDR4 Thermal take 600w PSU EVGA GTX 750Ti (purchased last winter for old rig but didn't use till now) Sea gate 1TB hdd ATX Case Asus optical drive Windows 10 home Total cost was 650.00 usd And today was the first time using it. Now all I did was run the invasions for a while FPS was anywhere from 90 down to 33 when the legion structure blew up. During boss battles it stayed around 48-72 with all the other players so wasn't bad at all. Would the drop to 33 be from the GPU , mobo , cpu? What would be the bottle neck? Any thoughts? Oh and once I hit max level I like to pvp But the rig ran well and was nice and smooth. I will be looking at upgrading to a 970 and possibly an I5 as money allows But with this I should easily get me leveled to 110 so I have time on the upgrades. Unfortunately I didn't see what setting I was on for video. I will check next time I run the game. So I posted this for people to see what a budget will do and also for some input from folks better in tune to hardware than I am.Leonia2 1d
1d One Pokemon Charity Stream remains... Well, I've been avoiding updating things here as I received quite a bit of vitriol for bringing up !@#$%^- charity of all things last time, but since it's the last one I figure I ought to at least try... anyway, about 3 weeks ago I took a challenge to try and complete one game from each Pokemon generation (plus white 2, and not gen 6 because I can't get a 3DS emulator to work) as a celebration of the release of Pokemon Go, and the upcoming release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, while raising money for charity. I managed to complete Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald before my stamina was completely drained, so for the remaining 3 games I decided to stagger them over the weeks that followed Today will be the final game, White 2. If you're interested in watching, the stream will be here: www.twitch.tv/metaspark all money will be donated to Extra Life, an organization for helping children's hospitals by playing video games. We've raised $530 so far, and I'd like to bump that up to $600 by the end of the stream today, so come on in, kick back for a day, join some conversation while you wait for the lagfest that will be the Legion launch tomorrow, and let's have some fun! The stream will begin in about 35 minutes.Kynlaylaria0 1d
1d GTX 1060 at 1440p 60Hz? Just built a new rig to run Legion on Ultra and was curious how it would look on: - QNIX 27" 1440p 60hz(the single DVI OC-enabled model) or - Acer GN276HL Black 27" Gaming Monitors, 1080p 144 Hz vs. my ASUS 1080p 60hz. Would there be a very noticeable difference? Between any of them and would WoW look and feel better and more responsive? Is it overkill or is the 60/144hz difference noticeable? Benchmarks say that it is more than enough and many claim on Tomshardware and MMO that it should be good and work fine on Ultra without hardly and loss in FPS. Any input would be great! Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6gb Asus z170p Intel i5 6600k Cryorig H7 Geil Potenza 16gb Corsair 480gb SSD Seasonic M12 620W BronzeJoslynne0 1d
1d the new doom is awesome been playing the new doom since around 7am this morning here in New Zealand. the game really delivers, 6 hrs into it and it stays great - with overwatch, legion and civilization 6 coming out this year, this could be one of the best years in gaming ever.Gutrachop18 1d
2d Need PC Build Advice. alrighty i am looking to build a new PC for legion. I would love some advice on what would run wow smoothly with high to ultra graphics and being able to stream at the same time. I am mostly going to be doing arenas and RBGs and push rating while doing the streams. I may do raiding streams if people would like to see that. IF Things go well i would also stream other games from blizzard. any info will be greatly appreciated. Also my budget is anything under 1200. i dont need a monitor or Operating system or anything else. just the tower.Mandragòran16 2d
2d CYBERPOWERPC WOW LEGION ULTRA ? Hi, i want to invest in a good computer to play all ULTRA game .. Specially wow Legion with good fps... Is it a good choice ? Processor : Intel Core i7-6700k 4.00GHZ 8MB HDD: 2TB + 128 SD Memory : 16gb DDR4/2800 MHz Dual Channel Memory Motherboard: Ga-Z170X Gaming 3 ATXw Powersupply : 1,000 Watts Video: GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GDDR5Mylam14 2d
2d Looking to buy a 34in Ultrawide monitor I recently purchased a 1070 graphics card. I'm looking to up my monitor game. I'm really digging the 21:9 34in Ultrawide monitors. Running at 3440 X1440. I'm looking at the LG & Dell monitors ($650-$700ish). They look cool. They do not have Gsync. The monitors that have Gsync (Asus and Acer) are double the price ($1100 - $1200). My question is does GSync really matter for WOW? I don't play any other games. I know GSync is great if your a competitive gamer playing FPS games. That's not me. All I do is play WOW on this rig. Price is a concern. I do not have an unlimited budget.Wrayith12 2d
2d i5 vs i7 for WoW? Is the i7 with hyper-threading and extra cores worth the extra money for 25 man raiding? I could put that $100 or so into a GPU instead? ThanksSixfiittytwø29 2d
2d your gaming rig whats your gaming set up you play Wow and other games on? are you upgrading for legion? my set up is two EVGA GTX 1080 superclocked graphics cards I7 6850k six core 3.60GHz ASUS ROG X99 RAMPAGE V EXTREME motherboard 32GB of RAM 1 500gb SSD hard drive and another 4TB of HHD windows 10 operating system also my entire system is overclocked by 15% so all those specs are even higher and my monitor is a 27inch 4k 144hz and 1ms screenJakz40 2d
2d Monitor Advice Hello WoW Community, For Legion i have planned to upgrade my 8 year old 22" 1680x1050 monitor. I am currently trying to decide between two different resolutions. Having a 27 inch 1440p monitor, or a 34 inch ultrawide 1080p monitor. Keep in mind that I only use this computer for WoW, nothing else. Also my current video card is an GTX 1060. So what do you think i should go with? 2560x1440 or 2560x1080? https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00P0EQD1Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471299308&sr=1-1&keywords=Dell+UltraSharp+U2715H https://www.amazon.com/LG-34UM68-P-34-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B01BMES072/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471299323&sr=1-6&keywords=lg+ultrawideVelstaz5 2d
2d powerspec from microcenter I've been looking at a powerspec at microcenter for 1400. This is a pc they build in there stores. Anyone have any info on them? Trying to decide on purchasing it or just have them build something else for me. they charge 100 dollars to build.http://www.microcenter.com/product/467612/G418_Desktop_ComputerRwarrior2 2d
2d Curved LED Monitor Wondering how they are for games, im getting a new tower and would like a good monitor as wellFurious2 2d
2d Questions about the parts I've picked. Hey y'all. Had some questions for you computer literate people about the system I've just put together and what you think. I believe I can still switch parts out and what not, so if you've got recommendations let me know. Relevant, important (I think) components: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB). i5 6500 - 3.2 GHz 6 MB. 120 GB Sandisk SSD -- 1 TB SATA lll Windows 10 (am I going to regret this?) I was told that a liquid cooling system was not necessary as I do not plan on over clocking this machine so I went with a CPU fan and heat sink. As for the SSD -- I was told this makes things last significantly faster. Does this apply to things saved on the SSD? Or does the SSD act as an intermediate between the regular hard drive and the CPU? As you can likely tell, I don't know too much but I would like to hear what you all think, or if you've got any other suggestions.Crude1 2d
2d New Build Advice Below is the link to the build I'm working on. Truth is I don't need all this power, but I like a little overkill. And, future proofing is on my mind. My goal was to build the best you can get without getting into the 'Extreme' edition stuff. The only thing that isn't overkill is the graphics card, but WoW is the only PC game I play. I think the GTX 1060 6GB will be just fine for WoW at 1080p. Please provide suggestions, criticism, or advice. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/vPDk9WDamuzî4 2d
2d Video Card Guide With all the video card questions we've been getting lately, I've decided to make this admittedly snarky guide. $150 - AMD RX 470 $200 - AMD RX 480 $250 - GTX 1060 $350 - GTX 1070 $650 - GTX 1080. There you go. The best cards in every price bracket. The GTX 1060 is about 15%-20% faster than the RX 480 if that's worth $50 to you.Stoneblade8 2d
2d Advice on my rig Im about to order the parts, after much consideration and time on the r/buildapc sub, I have come to what I feel is a decent build for the budget I'm working with, but I wanted to come here first to guage opinions on if there is something wrong or that I could do better here, thanks! [PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rdDzf8) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rdDzf8/by_merchant/) Type|Item|Price :----|:----|:---- **CPU** | [Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/product/hV7CmG/intel-cpu-bx80662i36100) | $110.99 @ SuperBiiz **Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/product/hMvZxr/gigabyte-motherboard-gah110ma) | $53.88 @ OutletPC **Memory** | [G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/product/mykwrH/gskill-memory-f42400c15s8gnt) | $32.98 @ Newegg **Storage** | [A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/product/qf98TW/a-data-internal-hard-drive-asp550ss3120gmc) | $39.99 @ B&H **Case** | [Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/product/3MPfrH/deepcool-case-tesseractsw) | $39.99 @ SuperBiiz **Power Supply** | [EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/product/zNK7YJ/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr) | $29.98 @ Newegg **Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit](http://pcpartpicker.com/product/wtgPxr/microsoft-os-kw900140) | $88.88 @ OutletPC **Wireless Network Adapter** | [\*Belkin F9L1001 USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter](http://pcpartpicker.com/product/qRQypg/belkin-wireless-network-card-f9l1001) | $8.50 @ Newegg | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* | | Total (before mail-in rebates) | $430.19 | Mail-in rebates | -$25.00 | **Total** | **$405.19** | \*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria | | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-08-27 15:38 EDT-0400 | (not included but the GPU will be an r9 380)Tüpacc5 2d
3d Looking for new laptop. Hey guys, Looking for a laptop in the $1200 range strictly for WoW. Hopefully something that can run smoothly on relatively high settings. Is this possible in my price range? Where would you guys suggest looking? Thanks.Kayteebo3 3d
3d operating system question! okay i finally have all the parts i need and ready to build them. i just have one more question. how do i take my current license and switch it to the new motherboard and remove it from this one? can i even do that? will i need to order a new os? i have windows 7 os home premium 64 bit OEM version. i don't want to get into why i'm not getting 10 yet but suffice to say i'm going to wait on it if possible.Breadisfunny3 3d
3d New streaming channel Hey everybody I'm making this post to help promote my new streaming Facebook channel for wow, I don't know of this is where I post this or if I'm even allowed to post it here but please no hate comments. I'm looking to promote my page so I can get a fan base going to help push me to start streaming my gameplay for everyone, but I adjust to putting in more time and hard work for more followers! I'm sure everyone would enjoy my content, please help promote my free page on Facebook for legion United gaming Link below, thank you guys! Cheers! https://m.facebook.com/LegionUnitedGaming/Cladgar0 3d