Games, Gaming and Hardware

May 4, 2011 Spoiler Warning and Guidelines Be warned that entering this forum you are opening yourself up to potential spoilers. The discussion of books, games, and movies are simply and completely prone to spoilers to many degrees. Without discussing the information proposed in these mediums, there isn’t much of a discussion to be had. It is therefore on you as an observer to choose where and when to enter into the possibility of seeing spoilers. We do not require spoiler tags or otherwise require any warning that a thread may contain a spoiler. You should assume that when clicking on a thread you will see spoilers on that topic. With that in mind we do have some rules to ensure it can continue to be your choice as to where and when you see spoilers while on these forums. Spoilers do not directly violate the rules of this forum as long as: They are not contained within thread subject lines. Posting a thread with a title that is itself a spoiler will result in a harsh penalty. They are reasonable within the context of the thread. Jumping into a thread to post a spoiler that’s off-topic, or creating a thread with a misleading subject line to reveal a spoiler, will result in a harsh penalty. Like all moderation, we reserve the right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based on our discretion.Bashiok0 May 4, 2011
May 3, 2011 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums! Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011 Welcome to the Games discussion forum! In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming and hardware. Whether you want to talk about a non-Blizzard game, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware purchase advice, this is the place. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: Further reading - Code of Conduct: Posting Guidelines: Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: Getting the Most Out of the Forums: Contact List: Community Managers: MVP FAQ: May 3, 2011
1h Why isn't my client working? I downloaded a 1.12.1 version and it keeps telling me client miss match, whats up with that?Vgdunkey3 1h
4h Need help with a build So i was going to get a 2k pc but !@#$ happened and money isnt available now and i need a change NOW! I get a constant 0.7-3 FPS on the lowest setting at dalaran. I wanna play at ultra 1080p 20-30 fps on a raid if needed i wouldnt mind changing to 8 setting but would prefer to stay at ultra, i need everything but mouse and keyboard also idk if i need sound card in my friends laptop i play well at 20-40 fps but sometimes the music freeze and repeats it self Monitor it can be 24'' or 27" but i dont know if i want gsync because it cost a lot more and idk how bad will the screen tearing be especially because i play aome old games like Dungeon Defenders This monitor seems nice to me but idk I dont use much storage so 250/500gb is fine i also have a 1tb hdd if needed I was gonna choose the gtx 1060 6gb but i saw that they are giving away gow4 with the 1070 or higher but if you think i can play ultra at 20-30 fps on a raid with 1060 please let me know PCPartPicker part list: Price breakdown by merchant: CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($236.99 @ SuperBiiz) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($53.88 @ OutletPC) Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($40.88 @ NCIX US) Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($94.99 @ Newegg) Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card ($439.99 @ B&H) Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($42.79 @ OutletPC) Total: $1086.50 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-25 22:56 EDT-0400Carelyda3 4h
5h Need technical help! (cross-post) So I bought a Gigabyte GeForce GTX GV-N1080G1 GAMING-8GD GPU in August and ever since occasionally when I turn on my computer my two monitors don't receive any video input. But a simple press of the reset button on my case fixed the problem. I contacted Gigabyte and they asked me to update my BIOS through one of their software programs, which I did. But not only did that not fix the issue, now I can't even load WoW because I get a fatal exception error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success. Any thoughts? "This application has encountered a critical error: ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception! Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe ProcessID: 10848 Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION The instruction at "0x00000000000000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000000000000" . The memory could not be "executed"." ( 5h
5h Graphics Card Hello Everyone, I have a quick question I have a Dell XPS 8300 with Intel Core i7-2600, 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 Memory, 1.0 TB Hard Drive,1GB AMD AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphics. It plays WOW horribly. I am thinking of upgrading my system just a little bit for better performance. I'm thinking graphics card, and more ram. Anyone got an idea? What graphics card I could replace the radeon with.Tushon1 5h
6h Building a rig, could use help! Hey all, I'm a potential first-time builder and would like someone with a bit more tech savvy to look over the build I'm looking at before I pull the trigger on buying it: Looking to run WoW on as close to max settings as possible (preferably ultra) without going over $1k. Will this do the job? Am I missing anything critical? Do you see anywhere that I could shave off a few bucks? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!Oldtuna2 6h
8h Building New PC Legion 1000$ budget Hey guys, I don't know a ton about building a PC, but I know what performance I am aiming for. - Budget --> 800-1000$ - Intention --> Play WoW at mostly Ultra Settings while achieving 60+ fps in most situations. I would dream of hitting 80+ FPS on ultra if allowable with my budget. - Resolution --> 1080p preferably.. - Country --> United States I put together this build from what I was able to learn so far, but I know it needs some changes. It is a bit higher than my budget for now. I want to stick right around the 1000$ or less range. Is overclocking something I should look into getting for mainly WoW? the i5-6600k is only 40$ more and offers overclocking but I am unsure if I need it. Also which monitor is a solid choice? Looking for 23-24" Is a really good motherboard needed for WoW or will a decent mid range work okay? Here is the list: 8h
9h Michael Moore endorses Trump Even a broken clock is right at least twice per day. Even the renowned liberal Michael Moore makes one of the best cases to vote Trump. Vote Trump Stop worshiping politicians.Eviltaco0 9h
10h Cheap pc question Hey im looking to buy a cheap pc for the time being with the ability to upgrade in the future once it fits my budget. Can anyone tell me if the below would run wow on like mid settings in raids/etc 10h
10h Looking to build a PC from scratch Looking to build a new PC from scratch. It will be used mostly for WoW (raiding, dungeons etc) and considering streaming also. As I will probably need everything.. my budget is around $1500. I was also messing around with PCPartpicker and do not understand what to get for the network adapters and sound cards...Diluxilu34 10h
17h Need advice for functional laptop ok, so I play WoW (casually), on a desktop, it has 8g DDR3 1333MHz, regular HD (not SSD), AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad Core Processor 2.6 GHz, and a GeForce GT 430 Video Card - 1024MB, GDDR3. I can play it on Low-medium settings, mostly low, and function fine, frustrating at times, but function. My monitor however is my TV, so my wife and I want me to get a laptop. I do not want to move backwards on this current system, forward would be awesome, and I'm not necessarily looking for a "gaming laptop". I do dungeons, quest, and PvP. I suck at PvP so it's not like I can blame my computer for it, but I have fun regardless. My wife was eyeballing a msi gl62 6qf-893, 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz. 12GB RAM; 128GB m.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB VRAM gaming graphic card. It seemed like overkill for my needs, she viewed it as "staying ahead". I was eyeballing Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG, 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor (Up to 2.8GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB DDR5 VRAM, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD. It's almost half the price of the MSI. Yes I copied and pasted a lot lol. Anyone experienced enough to tell me if I will be disappointed with the Acer in comparison to my listed desktop machine at the top? Or is my wife right? Should I just get the MSI? I have no desire for running graphics on "ultra", or even "high" for that matter. I just want better PC response than what my desktop gives me. ThanksZuda2 17h
19h Need help on PC performance / upgrade Hi Need some advice on my PC and game performance. My current PC configuration is: 1. CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 2. Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 5.0) 3. Graphic Card: Radeon HD 5850 Vapor X (Ancient, yes) 4. PSU: Corsair VS650 (recently purchased) 5. Monitor: Samsung B2230 - 1080P 6. RAM - 4 GB From as early as I can remember, I played the game in ultra in 1080p. However, Since MoP/WoD, I have seen reduced performance, forcing me to drop the graphic setting regularly. I am currently using the lowest possible graphic setting & lowest wide-screen resolution available in the game, despite which, the game’s FPS drops to below 30 FPS in many areas, even SW. My questions are: 1. Is this the best possible FPS I can expect out of this system? If not, then what do I need to do to improve the performance of the game. 2. If the answer to the previous question is yes, and I do have to upgrade, can I just upgrade the GPU for better performance? Or do have to upgrade the CPU as well? For upgrade, I have shortlisted the following: 1. CUP: AMD FX 6300 Black Edition (Don’t intend to upgrade the mobo as its fairly new) 2. GPU: GTX 1060 3 GB (Hope switching from AMD wouldn’t be a concern) I have a very limited budget currently, and will only be able to upgrade one component atm, while the next upgrade may have to wait for a few months. In terms of usage, I mostly play wow, in 1080p and perfectly ok with 1080 going forward. Any guidance / info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Moksha P.S. Hope this is the right thread, if not pls let me know.Mókshá5 19h
20h Build a PC for WoW on Ultra? Spec Recs I am just curious.. what are some recommended specs for building a PC meant to run WoW on Ultra at a reasonable framerate without significant issues? I figure cyber week is going to be the best time to actually get some of these components!Valorath111 20h
21h Looking at a PC for raiding Hey im looking to buy a new pc around 500 dollars and want to get into raiding. i found a pc that looks promising and didnt know if it will do the trick or not, want to run at least 30 fps on high settings while raiding on legion. Thanks! =) comp specs: AMD FX-4300 Processor 3.8GHz Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 16GB DDR3 SDRAM 1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive AMD Radeon RX460 2GB GDDR5Deekerz5 21h
1d mouse problem So I have a Logitech m545 nothing great but it's been ok for now, but now I was giving this macro to help with healing touch and have it set to one of my side buttons. When I mouse over raid frames it wont do what it's meant to but if I set it to say 1 it works fine. Macro just allow mouse over healing or heals target of target kinda thing it is bound to bottom left action button1 but that doesn't allow me to mouse over cast. any help would be good :)Àrasia0 1d
1d Rant Time: I hate FFXIV And it seems no one else does... Let me clear up some things as well: 1. I have been a Final Fantasy fan for a very long time. I brought FF7 when it came out and it was the first jrpg I ever beat. The first I ever played was Phantasy Star IV. Since then I've played and beaten all the snes, psx and -most- of the ps2 titles. Did not like 13 at all, didn't feel like Final Fantasy but a crappy turn based Devil May Cry simulator with characters I did not like one bit. 2. Brought and ordered many of the Final Fantasy OSTs in the past. 3. I am not bothered by the asian aesthetic mainly attributed to Japanese and Korean games. My first mmorpg was Ragnarok Online and part of why I loved it so much was the aesthetics and style of the game. Enjoyed the gameplay too. So yeah, I'm not your typical "hurrrr FFXIV sucks because its anime and I don't get it!!!" troglodyte. I played and tried FFXIV for about 4 months, got several character classes to cap even. I enjoyed the game decently for awhile because I was taking a break from WoD but then played again and realized...yeah I enjoyed WoW a lot more. You may be ready to post: Well that's great, OP but no one cares, go back to playing WoW. Yeah, you would be right..but I'm ranting because I'm sick of having it shoved down my throat about how I'm "wrong" for still liking WoW and how FFXIV is the future by people I know. Its constant and none of them are even at level cap. They talk about how FF14 does this and this better than WoW or "How can you even GO BACK TO WOW AFTER THE REVOLUTION THAT IS FFXIV?" ITs kind of like when everyone raves about that one movie or album you thought was decent, not terrible but eventually people don't shut up about how its the best thing ever and how YOUR OPINION IS TOTALLY WRONG, SHILL, YOU'RE A SHILL WITH STOCKHOLM SYNDROME..BOW DOWN TO THE GENIUS THAT IS YOSHI-P. You end up hating said thing in the end after barrages of that. Sorry...I'm just irritated now.Tolhurst24 1d
1d Radeon RX 48 opening WoW reboots machine I have a Dell XPS 8700 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB and 32 GB ram (just increased from 16) THEN bought a new MSI Radeon RX 480 GDD R5 8GB. Every time I tried to open the game the machine would reboot. Tried to circumvent the launcher. Same thing. Tried to go into the settings once for the card.... made weird boxes on my screen then rebooted. Finally gave me the blue screen. Read there were problems with the newest AMD drivers so I installed an older one. Same thing. Gave up and put my old card back in. I'm so disappointed. I have to keep my setting fairly low with my NVIDIA. Anyone know what I might be able to do or heard of this issue?Meralyth3 1d
1d destiny the collection ok so here is the deal i bought destiny the collection from paid 59.99 for it and it came with codes for all of the DLC. but wait guess what i tryed to use them and they do not work. game and codes are new. so i did some looking and it turns out i have the eroupion copy. and the codes do not work in America. so now im trying to get America codes/game. every one i talk to bungi/activision/destiny website/ is all giving me the run around. they tell me to talk to the retailer. then talk to the people who made the game. i can not get no were. and i can not even find the contact for actvision any one know it. amazon told me to talk to them.Kirtisy1 1d
1d gtx1050 ti or 1060 3gb now that nvidia released specs of them and the price point looking mighty good are they even worth to consider for $50 less than the 1060 3bDanitykayne5 1d
1d Building my first WoW PC. First time building a computer. It's really just going to be a WoW machine. No video editing. Minimal browsing/streaming. Not storing anything major on it. Just want a computer that can run WoW on better than average settings for at least a couple years before upgrading. Below are the links to what I have found. Budget around 800 possibly a little more. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Edited. Hope link works.Nes4 1d
1d Civ 6 Been playing for two days with just the base game. Don't think anyone who's enjoyed Civ in the past is going to be disappointed. City planning is a thing this time. Your city improvements require building themed districts that are placed on map tiles same as a farm or mine. World wonders also require a map tile. If there's a terrain restriction to build an improvement, then you have to actually build it on that tile type. Advances are split in to Tech and Civic so you can be reaching one of each at the same time. There are also triggers to boost unresearched advances so when you're ready to start researching, the work is already half done. Example would be building a city on the coast for the first time boosts Sailing. Military units of the same type can be joined into corps/armies and armadas/fleets so they become a super powerful unit. Spies are captured, not killed, so you can negotiate terms for return/release. Great People work a bit differently. There's a "recruitment list" you can check to see who the next available Great Person is within an area if expertise and what their unique benefit is. The first civilization to get enough GPP can recruit that person or pass without spending their accrued points. If they pass, there won't be a new one to recruit until another civilization gains enough points and chooses to recruit the one already available. Governments are back but customizable using social policies. Both are unlocked through the civic advancements. Policies are divided into Military, Economic and Diplomatic, along with non-specific cards that grant additional GPP. Lots of minor changes but otherwise continues to feel much like the same Civ. City planning is something you need to master. Doing a bad job will stunt your city's growth in the long run.Joynal1 1d
2d What does FFXIV do better. For me its story, immersion, patch cycles, devs actually communicate with the community, and professions. I especially like professions have their own endgame. Class balance is also better.The music blows wow out of the water or any mmo for that matter. The actually boss fights are really well down.Grimrow102 2d
2d Looking to install WoW on SSD So I currently have my WoW installed on my D drive (regular HD). My C drive contains my SSD and I was wondering if there is any easy way to have it installed there, and have my settings/addons copied over with out issues. Is there a certain folder I need to save from my Ddrive/Wow folder that I would need to copy over into my new WoW folder?Mvpyeezy4 2d
2d Video game voice actors on strike So the voice actors union SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, if you didn't know what the acronym meant) went on strike against the major video game publishers such as Activision Blizzard, EA, Take 2, etc. Both sides talking in labor versus management language. Basically it appears that voice actors want royalties or residuals from video games that sell a certain amount of copies. Several million copies is a high bar. So will they win or lose?Notagin5 2d
2d Help, I am buying a new computer. It is sad really, I havent really messed with individual computer parts since dos days so I am a bit in the weeds when it comes to figuring out what I need out of a computer. I dont want to spend an aweful lot of my wedding money(fiance is gettign a laptop I am getting a PC.) I was looking at Doghouse systems for a pc right now and cant really decide what I need. I was mostly looking at the Armor VS model I know I need a lot of ram since I plan to mostly game and do graphics work(primarilly after effects and 3d modeling) and I might try streaming if I can find the time. But I am not sure what graphics cards to get the GTX 1070 or would the 1060 be decent enough. Does anyone have a good comparison guide to these two? Sofar the options I chose are: Intel Core i-7 6700 3.4GHz Quad Core with HyperThreading 32GB DDR4-2133 Kingston Memory 1TB Intel 540 Series Solid State Drive I have a decent mouse, I never really cared about snazzy keyboards all that is left to decide on is the graphics card.Trollsong3 2d
2d Upgrade just gpu or cpu as well? Right now im running a gtx 285 and i7 920 @ 3.6ghz @ 2560x1440 Sadly I can only play wow on lowest settings but im looking to upgrade my pc. Would I be able to max out wow with good framerates if I were to just upgrade my graphic card to something like a GTX 1070 or would it be best to spend the extra money and upgrade my cpu and mobo as well to something like a i5 6600k along with the gtx 1070? I heard that wow is all based on cpu and graphic card doesnt matter much so id like to hear your guys opinionsNytetime11 2d
2d Building a WoW PC on budget was wondering how well this build would do running WoW and what kinda Fps I would get ThanksKniightslayr1 2d
2d I just purchased Battlefield 1. Cya guys. This game is lonnggggg past its shelf life.Retshied57 2d
2d Is wow Liberal? I would guess that wow is liberal since they hate librerty. What do you think?Beefgordita7 2d
3d How to remove elves Can we have a World of Warcraft: No Elves I miss global agenda, it was so much fun but died :(Rålphe23 3d
3d Anyone else quitting when DarkSouls3 expansion is out in 2 days? I amRetshied0 3d
3d New Desktop advice My last computer lasted more than 5 years but is time for upgrade. Looking for some opinions in comparing these two 1000$ on sale reg 1300$ ASUS M32CD Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-6700/2TB HDD/16GB RAM/AMD Radeon R9-370 Graphics/Windows 10) Processor Type Intel Core i7-6700 Processor Speed 3.7 GHz Processor Cores 4 RAM 16 GB DDR4 2133 MHz Hard Drive Capacity 2 TB HDD Hard Drive Speed (Revolutions Per Minute) 7200 rpm Optical Drive Super Multi DVD RW Pre-loaded Operating System Windows 10 (64 bit) Graphics Card AMD Radeon R9-370 Dedicated Graphic Card Yes Video Memory 2 GB vs 900$ on sale reg 1000$ ASUS G11CD-DB51-CB Desktop, Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz, 8GB DDR4, 1TB, GeForce GTX950 2GB, Windows 10, Black Tower Processor Speed (GHz) 2.7 Hard Drive Size 1000 RAM (Memory) 8 Memory Type_ DDR4 Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX950 Processor Intel Core i5 Cache 6MB Hard Drive Speed 7200 RPM Thinking the second one does what i need just fine and with the better graphics card likely perform better now but the second one with a ugraded card would have a significant edge?Eladol2 3d
3d Buying a new computer pleas read How well would this computer run WoW. 3d
3d Nvidida gtx 1070 with intel i7 2600? What up peeps, looking to upgrade my computer. I am currently looking to upgrade my gpu for more suitable 4k gaming hence the 1070. However, I have picked up WoW again and one thing that I noticed is that in legion I cannot get a stable avg of 60 fps. Some zones ill be 100+, and others ( valshara, new dalaran ) ill drop to 40-50 (30s in some cases). My current set up is a intel i7 2600, with a nvidida 970 geforce and currently 8gb RAM. I usually power through all games at 60 + fps on ultra, but I'd never think WoW would give me a run for my money. Back when I played in cata with a slightly older gpu i was running this game at 80+ at ultra in the heaviest of sceanarios. Anyways, do you think if I was to buy the gtx 1070 it would allow a stable 60 fps even in 25 mans? if not what will? I don't mind upgrading my cpu since it is argubly old hardware, but I personally believe my cpu does not need to be upgraded as I even doubt the upcoming kaby lakes will have a superior advantage in clock speed. *edit*- excuse the grammatical errors, I am on my phoneÐilath5 3d
3d Building A PC Need Feedback Greetings, humanoids. QUICK INTRO: I am about to build my first PC because my current PC is total crap. The PC I am using is not able to be upgraded in essentially any way. Dell was a poor choice, and the Dell Inspiron Small Desktop I received as a gift can hardly play anything at all. My current processor is an Intel Celeron J1800. I am using Intel HD 4600 Integrated, Dynamically Shared Graphics. I am also using Windows 8.1 which truly doesn't help anything. So I'm sure you can see the horrors of even attempting to use this machine to play any game at all aside from maybe hearthstone. PLANS FOR FUTURE BUILD: That said, I am about to embark on a journey. I will be building a low budget gaming PC that I can upgrade in the future. Here is what I have in mind: - Gigabyte GA-H110M-A MOBO - Intel Pentium G4400 Processor 3.3Ghz - Gigabyte Radeon rx 460 - Seagate 250GB 7200rpm 8MB Cache HD - Antex VP-450 Power Supply Obviously I would get fans, the thermal paste, case, etc. THE QUESTION: I was wondering if this would be a solid starter build for gaming. I am especially interested in being able to use programs like to record my Heroes of the Storm and SC2 gaming sessions. On my current PC no recording program will work, because my integrated graphics are terrible, my 4GB ram is superglued onto my MOBO (thanks dell), and my processor is garbage. I don't expect that this could run WoW on ultra or play Skyrim, but if I could at least record my HOTS and Starcraft sessions at 720p, with a reasonably stable framerate I would be very happy. Please let me know what you think, and if you have any tips for a beginner first-time PC builder, I would seriously appreciate the help. :)Zoroâster5 3d
4d Macro keyboard/Razer Synapse So I just got a new gaming keyboard the Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2016 and discovered all the cool things I can customize with it in Razer Synapse. My question is this: If I create a custom macro in Razer Synapse like: Press key 1 ->50ms delay->Press key 1 and etc etc And then choose the option "Play while assigned key is pressed" in the playback option, so it essentially spams everything in that macro in game. Will I be banned for doing this? Since all I have to do is press and hold this 1 key for all these abilities to cast.Dookdookdook3 4d
4d Help me choose a laptop for WOW Anyone know how this laptop would run WOW? ASUS K501UW-AB78 15.6-inch Full-HD Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7, GTX 960M, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD) Glacier Grey From what I've read, it should run it well. Also let me know if you think it is a good deal as this is one of the cheapest i7/960m laptops that I have seen. Thanks famSouffle2 4d
4d Processor Advice So my machine is currently rocking an i5 4690k. I've heard that WoW is pretty CPU dependent. In some areas of the games, mainly the Broken Isles, I'm getting some framerate drops. I have a GTX 970, so I wouldn't think it's a lack of graphics power causing the frame drops. I'm considering upgrading to an i7 4790k. Do you think this would help with the frame drops?Ruo1 4d
4d Destiny vs WoW? which game has more content? which game has more player base?Pyroshadow17 4d
4d Story Time? Worst way the RNG has done you? So yeah, the RNG. It hates me. It hates you. It hates everyone. What's the worst way you've been horribly manhandled by that roll of the dice in any game?Yuria3 4d
4d Computer Chair Hey guys N gals! I'm looking for a new computer chair and always been interested in the race car seat ones! Anyone have one and can tell me how they are???? I'm 6'4 so im worried about the back not being tall enough etc.Nolla3 4d
4d Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse Opinions?Tyvial8 4d
4d Gpu upgrade Im currently using a i7 4790k and r9 280x on a 1080p monitor will i get noticable improvements if i upgade to a 1070?Hoagies2 4d
5d Wow likes bad music Wow seems to select bad music more and more.Beefgordita0 5d
5d Is RAM my bottleneck? Hey all I know this game is very demanding and heavily CPU-bound. Some of you may recognize my earlier post where I have a Phenom II 1100T and GTX 780TI. I now have 3930K and GTX 1070. Assuming all my settings are maxed including 200% render scale and SSAA x4 + CMAA I am only see in about 30 to 55 FPS @2560x1080. I was getting about 20-30 FPS with the 780ti and 100% render w/ high FXAA. I see 75 FPS (Max at VSync) in my garrison so I thought it might be my CPU but I noticed my ram usage at just above 6 gigs most of the time. (I am streaming cartoons at the same time). I feel this is an obvious "your lack of high performance is due to a lack of RAM" But I want to hear some more knowledgeable people say this first. Btw- VRAM is just over 3 out of 8gb most of the time. Considering getting a 1080 cuz of this. I'm willing to get a 4790k (2nd question - which CPU has THE BEST single core performance for under $400?) but i would love if 30-80$ fixed this lower FPS issue.Luunious6 5d
5d New PC help So i recently bought a new PC and when i use the G-Force desk top APP with the recommended settings for WoW the game just goes stir crazy and my FPS drops to 1-2 FPS when running around. Hell even being in Dalaran causes the game to just freak out. Heres the Specs: i5-6400 CPU @ 2.7 GHz 8GB RAM GeForce GTX 1070(founders edition) 1TB HD I've googled several similar problems over the internet and some suggestions to others i have tried in my rig to no avail. I've tried turning the settings down but that doesn't seem to affect anything. Figured it was my internet and that wasn't it. So i'm kind of stuck. A brand new PC shouldn't being having a freak-out, jumping, skipping and lose of FPS while playing WoW. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The new PC is maybe 2wks old.Lîlninja8 5d
5d Radeon R7 370 Anyone running this card ? In bad need of upgrade as I am running a Radeon HD 4800 and cant even get updated drivers any more. Just wanted to know if this had any issues running WoW. Heres a link to cardúmp2 5d
5d Frame rate random drops Anyone know why at random times my frame rates will drop? I usually have my setting at 8. I stay around 120-144fps usually. But on some days I'll drop to 40-70fps(Everywhere. Cities,bgs,dungeons,outdoor) Usually only last 10-15 min but I'd like to know what could be causing this issue. I5-6600k with Msi gtx 970 is what I use.Pohkudoh3 5d