Games, Gaming and Hardware

Aug 8 GTX 1070 vs 1080 for WoW Ok so here are my specs: i5 6600k 4.3 oc MSI 970 4gb +160mhz oc +500mhz memory clock Corsair RM650i MSI Gaming Pro Carbon Gskill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 DDR4 So I'm going to upgrade my GPU to either a 1070 or 1080 in the next month or so. WoW is pretty much the only game I play anymore. I'm sure many of you already have a 1070 or 1080. I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $250-300 to jump to the 1080 for WoW. Edit: 1080p 144hz monitor which I will be upgrading as well in a few months to a 4k 60hz.Bóóger12 Aug 8
Aug 8 Laptop for wow Looking for some ideas for a good laptop I can get and play wow on. Last time I built my own rig with the help of this forum and you guys didn't let me down. I normally try to play on my desktop but when my wife is home and I'm in the living room or having a lazy evening chilling in bed id like a laptop that can handle wow. I'm looking for under $900 if possible. I'll most likely run dungeons and farm and raid occasionally on this laptop so I want something that can handle that. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing some recommendations.Sallyanne0 Aug 8
Aug 8 PC+Laptop..what numbers am I looking for? Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a laptop and a pc in September for two purposes. I'll be honest, I really don't know what I'm doing anymore regarding building a PC, as I have been out of the loop for so long, so please bear with me. 1. The laptop is for school. I am starting my AA and transferring for Electrical Engineering, and I would like to only purchase one laptop for note taking and things of that nature for the next couple years. I realize that when I start using CAD and other software like that I will need a dedicated GPU from what I've read, and I will upgrade later on down the line. 2. The PC, I want to play Legion on the highest possible frames with as close to Ultra as I can get. When I raid or PvP I usually turn shadows off, and other resource intense settings down to get the most frames possible, but I'd like to not have to do that. The PC will require a new monitor. I have noticed that most people say that the CPU is the most important part of a build for WoW, as it does most of the work, so what kind of processor am I looking for? Something with a high Ghz? I hear multiple cores and cache won't benefit the game as it isn't written to take advantage? I could save a bit of money there. I would prefer an SSD as load times are incredible with flash storage, and I'm not really concerned about space. I can use an external if need be for documents for school and other things. As far as RAM is concerned, is having 8gb fine? Or should I try to have as much as possible? What effect does the speed of the RAM have on the game? GPU wise, I hear 1060 is somewhat future proof in the sense that it's overkill for a game like WoW, and I'm thinking I can save some money currently by only getting something that I will use, I can upgrade any of these parts later. As for the laptop, I really only need it to take notes, and I was considering using my discount at Apple to just get an Ipad Pro and call it a day. It would be around 300 dollars and I could just buy the mechanical keyboard from Razer http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-mechanical-keyboard-case-ipad-pro. Other alternatives I have considered are buying a Macbook Air for 600, or just buying a Dell for 300. After all, I really am just taking notes and keeping myself entertained between classes. Maybe I don't need a laptop at all this time around. If I can get one, that's great. My price point, for everything, is about 2k-2.1k. I realize this is a long post, so thank you for reading and I thank you in advance for your advice and guidance.Kimothy4 Aug 8
Aug 8 Laptop to Play Wow My gf wants to get into wow, but space constraints in her apartment make her unable to build a desktop pc. Her birthday is coming up, and I want to get her a laptop to play wow on. Any suggestions? Price point should be around 500Izalandi4 Aug 8
Aug 8 laptop pad cooler Could anyone recommend a good laptop pad cooler for gaming?Bläkey1 Aug 8
Aug 8 GTX 950 or GTX 960? My goals are to run wow on Ultra settings. I don't mind dips in raids or capitol cities. I'm trying to decide if the GTX 950 will run Legion in Ultra settings or if I need the GTX 960. You can buy the GTX 950 (benchmark 5244) for $99 or the GTX 960 (benchmark 5916) for $160. The 960 doesn't seem much better than the 950 in test. What do you guys think? Source: GTX 950 Benchmark http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+950 GTX 960 Benchmark http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+960Damuzî7 Aug 8
Aug 7 How would this rig run WoW?? So, I've always been a play it by ear person in regards to settings. I play WoW on a laptop that has an i7 but just an integrated graphics card, but I mostly come away from it fine on fairly low settings. I have however, been thinking about getting a desktop since the time is coming where the game is just going to outpace what my laptop can do. I'm no expert, so what kind of settings and FPS might I be looking at if I were to purchase the one listed below?? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-16gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive-black-blue/4592900.p?skuId=4592900 I'm not looking for constant 60 fps on Ultra settings. I'm more than happy with a constant 30-50 on something closer to High and maybe an 8 view distance.Saciaan2 Aug 7
Aug 7 Is a Razer Naga Hex V2 worth it? I've been using a Razer Deathadder for the longest time (6+ years). I'd like to attempt to get a little bit more competitive in WoW around when Legion comes out. Do you guys feel the quick access to extra buttons on a mouse makes the difference? The Deathadder has 2 side-buttons, while the Naga Hex V2 has 7. Any advice, or other recommendations are greatly appreciated!Visel1 Aug 7
Aug 7 Goal: 1080p w/ Ultra Settings @ 60FPS As the title says, I want a vid card that will provide high fps with ultra settings at a resolution of 1080p. Also, I want a GTX 9000 series (not the new 1000 series). My current build has the FX-8300 with 16GB DDR3 and a 600w ps. Which card will work with my system to produce 60+fps with ultra settings in 1080p?Damuzî16 Aug 7
Aug 7 New pc Can someone list a pc build for 1000-1200 budget. I plan on buying from microcenter and let them build it. Hopefully they have all parts to the build that someone recommends tyRwarrior0 Aug 7
Aug 7 Diablo 1 and Warcraft 2 Digital DL I really wish i could buy these from my battle.net account as a digital down load, would love to play them again because finding copy's of Diablo 1 and Warcraft 2 would be impossible, and the feeling of nostalgia as a teen back in the day would be so awesome hehe, ThanksAhroo19 Aug 7
Aug 7 Monitor issue, not sure what it is. So for a few months now, whenever I put my PC on sleep and boot it back up, or shut down and boot it back up, the monitor turns on and a portion of the screen is very dimly lit. http://tinypic.com/r/2hyv2nq/9 image reference. I can fix the issue by turning the display on and off several times, and restarting my computer a few times also seems to fix it. Can't find anything about this anywhere. Everything is still visible, but in that portion of the screen, it's way too dark to operate. It doesn't seem to be related to my computer, because my TV display will work fine, but the monitor won't stop doing this. Could it be related to where I've got it plugged in? It started doing this when I moved my set up to a different location and outlet in the room. I can't afford a new monitor, this one is 27 inches and cost me and arm in a leg, so I'd like to do whatever possible to get it working properly.Gwuran1 Aug 7
Aug 7 Cheap New Computer Hello! I'm currently running WoW on a mid-2011 Mac Mini with 16 gb of memory. I also have a few big applications like Photoshop that conflict with WoW, and don't leave me with much storage. I have to run WoW on the lowest settings possible to maintain 7-16 fps, 25 if no one is around. If I play in groups (AV, IOC, Ashran) or try and do raids it's nearly unplayable because of how much the screen locks up. So I'm looking to buy a new computer, solely for playing WoW. I don't do much gaming and I'm not a crazy ultra graphics person, so I'm hoping to buy one for $600 or less. I don't know much about specs on computers so any suggestions help. Thanks!Jítters1 Aug 7
Aug 7 Looking for a GPU upgrade! Hi all! After returning from a few years long brake, i've got a PC with quite some age but it can still run the game at low setting (3) but with high quality textures, and high particle density at about 45-55 fps in most dungeons and battlegrounds. Here is what I currently have; i7 xeon @ 3.1ghz 8gb RAM asus GT 610 I was eyeing a GTX 760 and was hoping it would increase my visual performance by quite a lot, am I right to assume this? Was also wondering if my CPU would be bottlenecking my GPU. Thanks in advance!!Ellistrael2 Aug 7
Aug 6 Cheap pc I need a new PC that's up to date to legions recommend hardware requirements I'm trying to go cheap as possible thanksLodo1 Aug 6
Aug 6 Looking For a Computer Build To put things in basic terms, I have $1400-2000 (preferably $1400) to spend on building a computer. I'm looking for advice on what I should get (everything from tower, processor, motherboard ect ect) to make my gaming for Legion smooth and enjoyable. I've never gone part shopping, usually just buy a computer but i've come to realize that method is more expensive for less awesomness. Also I'd like to play for a few years (4yrs hopefully) before needing to switch anything out. Thank you for your time and input!Venominside2 Aug 6
Aug 6 New Upgrade, Is this FPS Normal? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/C6fgJV (What I have) Is this Normal FPS: (Everything is on Max, AA is SSAA 4x+CMA, Shadows on Ultra instead of ultra high) Most Zones: 60+ Garrison: 50-70 Ashran: 50-60 (40~ in big battles) Warspear/Org: 40-50 (Im on a "high" pop server) Is my CPU holding me back? I can't imagine .2ghz would make a huge difference, or is there pretty normal? (scaling is at 200% since it's SSAA) Or do these seem pretty normal? I feel like in Org/Warspear I should be getting WAYYY more.Enigmaz5 Aug 6
Aug 6 PC Upgrades So guys, I've been eyeing to upgrade my system for a few months now but I'm a bit torn. Here are my current system specs: -i5-4670k OC'd @ 4.0GHz (stock 3.4GHz) -Z87-G41 PC MATE MOBO -ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 980TI (factory) Overclocked 6 GB -240GB SSD (boot drive) -1TB HDD -2TB SSHD -Some off brand CPU water cooler that I don't remember the name of (I have a Corsair Hydro Series H100i to replace it with eventually) -8GB RAM (DDR3‐1866 ADATA XPG V2) -Rosewill RBR1000-M 1000-Watt Bronze Series 80 Plus However, I'd like to upgrade my CPU to the i7 family, but, wherever I look, the benchmarks for the 4790k and even the i5-4670k seem to surpass the 6700k in every way. Maybe there is something I'm missing but I'd really like to upgrade to a 1151 CPU so I can get some DDR4 and nicer MOBO while I'm at. Is there any reason why I should pick the 6700k over the 4790k?Gelati1 Aug 6
Aug 6 How many cores does WoW utilize? It's hard to find anything recent on this. I'm assuming it only utilizes two cores, but does anyone know for sure? Or if they eventually plan on moving to 8 cores? I'm asking because I'm planning on buying a new CPU and I'm torn between an I-5 4690k and FX-9370. I know Intel in general has a way better track record with single core performance. But if anyone knows if Blizzard plans on utilizing 8 cores anytime in the future, I might go with the AMD.Strydex22 Aug 6
Aug 6 Some questions about upgrading a PC This is the build of the PC I have been using for the last 4 years: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ctc27h I'm currently able to run WoW on moderate settings (recommended at 5), and would like to upgrade my video card to the point where I can run it at 8+. I'm looking at a GeForce GTX 950 card, but would appreciate any advice/insight, as well as if upgrading other parts would be recommended. Thank you for your time.Mazeltov4 Aug 6
Aug 6 650-800$ build help/questions. Hello all, first let me start off by saying i've never built a pc before so this will be my first build. I need to build 2 of these pc's but not necessarily at the same time. One is for myself one is for my wife. I've done some research and I have a few questions, firstly is there a huge difference between the radeon 480 and the nvidia gtx 1060 regarding wow (this is the only game we play)? Secondly, would it be possible to get a pc with an I-5 and one of those graphics cards for my price range? From the research i've done and the posts i've read in here it's been made clear a cpu and video card impact the performance the most. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!Hanagumori0 Aug 6
Aug 6 $1000 budget build for wow. so uhm i was think of upgrading my pc but not sure what i should get. i want at least a quad core i-5 with 16gb ram minimum. not sure what parts to use. here are my current specs: os: windows 7 64 bit home premium cpu: intel core i3 2120 3.3ghz ram: 8gb ddr3@ 532 mhz motherboard: asrock h61m/u3s3 graphics:dell st2010 monitor 1gb nvidia gtx 560 rosewill 550w bronze certified power supply. an optical drive. my case may need to be replaced. it's a haf coolermaster but the front headphone jacks crapped out on me some time ago and i think some of the usb ports are borked. storage: 931gb seagate (brand new just got it a couple months ago.) what parts should i order? when should i order? will i have any issues running my games on windows 10? i primarily play really old retro pc games from the 2000's and mid 90's like baldur's gate, icewind dale,rome total war 1, etc.Breadisfunny27 Aug 6
Aug 6 Is this a good GPU for wow? Hi, so I'll be buying a new Lappy soon, but I'm generally extremely IT unsavvy. The laptop I'm looking at is http://laptopoutlet.com.sg/product/23420/ It's GPU is this: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M. Does anyone have experience with this, or know if it can run wow well?Jarryle7 Aug 6
Aug 6 Asus RoG laptop choices I cannot buy a desktop. I need a main laptop for WoW, maybe fallout, and photos. I'm a mom and I need a laptop that can be hidden from little fingers that smash things (and we dont have a computer room) I basically have it narrowed down to 3 choices. I'll notate why I'm considering it. Also I'm used to playing on low graphics so attaining some high or ultra would be amazing. This is my top choice because the price is fantastic. But I see that the temps under stress to 45C and I really worry about computers frying. I'm also worried because it doesn't have a large cooling fan. I honestly only play about 3 hours at night so this is probably not a concern. The screen though is not IPS which may be an issue (I'm used to mac screens) https://www.amazon.com/GL752VW-DH71-17-3-inch-GTX960M-Graphic-Windows/dp/B01578ZK9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470437403&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+752 This is the one I really dont want to get because of the price but I can pay it. The graphics card is slightly older i think? but the screen is ips and amazing https://www.amazon.com/G752VL-DH71-Gaming-Laptop-Nvidia-GeForce/dp/B01578ZNQA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470437403&sr=8-3&keywords=asus+752 Then there's this one which I could buy in person. I love the screen but I'm leery of the 12gb vs the 16. Is that a huge deal? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver-copper-black/4453403.p?id=1219749489377&skuId=4453403Amatesaru4 Aug 6
Aug 5 Couple Questions on New Build I just finished my new build yesterday. It's http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hkd6RG It seems to be running good so far, but I haven't tried gaming yet. I was concerned I might have messed up installing the CPU cooler. I ran Prime95 for approximately an hour or so and the 6700k stayed at about 70 - 75c. Is this a normal temp for that CPU under load, and is an hour enough time to know if the cooler is on correctly? I ran a program called Heaven Benchmark 4.0 on extreme settings at 1080p. Here's my results: http://imgur.com/a/kPeRb The temp got up to 70c and stayed there pretty much the whole test. The GPU stayed at 1999mhz and 4004mhz for memory. The benchmark isn't showing Windows 10 Pro addition, it's showing something else, but Windows appears to be running just fine. I don't have a 1440p monitor yet, but based on that benchmark, would you say it would be safe to buy one for my system? One last question, my fans seem to speed up pretty regularly for just a second or so when I do something relatively simple such as load a webpage or open a simple program. The fans I am using are a whole lot more powerful than my old system had, maybe I just never noticed them on it. Would you say it's normal? The sound doesn't bother me, I'm just really worried about everything working right. lolDotslinger5 Aug 5
Aug 5 Acer Aspire Nitro V So i just bought a Laptop for University so i can take notes with it and do assignments on the run etc. It should be arriving in the next few days. Acer Aspire Nitro V CPU: Intel i7 6500U Dual core 3.1Ghz, 4MB Cache GPU: Nvidia GTX950M 4GB RAM: 16GB What can i expect from these specs? i don't know much about computers. At the moment i am using a 2008 Macbook Pro lol, its so old it really is on its death bed, i raided on it from Wrath through MoP (10m, couldn't handle 25m) but it could not handle WoD raiding (Mythics) so i gave up raiding in WoD /cry. At the moemt this Macbook can't even handle solo questing (we are talking 4fps no matter what) haha, piece of crap. I didn't buy this New Laptop for gaming but i wanted to know if i will be able to raid in Legion with these specs? If not oh well.Vanorstus4 Aug 5
Aug 5 Build help This is a computer with a few customized pieces added. Mainly play WoW on it, unsure about the motherboard, it originally comes with GIGABYTE F2A88X-D3HP A88X ATX w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 8 x SATA 6Gb/s motherboard. I am wanting to keep this build under $1000.00 including Windows 10, or do I not need any of the software? http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1J3WML Kitncaboodle1 Aug 5
Aug 5 computer question ok so i have been using a new pc for the past few weeks and everything seems fine except for the fact that when i go to plug something in my hdmi cable seems to have somewhat of a tingle, or charge to it, i noticed that turning the pcs power supply into the O (off position) corrects this but is this normal? Do you have to turn the power supply off when connecting cables? what about the usb ports? My xbox is also plugged into the same monitor and i noticed that the hdmi cable from the xbox was also somewhat charged so the charge is able to travel across cablesCira3 Aug 5
Aug 5 infinite shutdown win10 So i recently put together my first pc, and everything has been running smooth. Ive experienced some of the bugs associated with win10, and have been able to sort them out via google and youtube. This one problem im has me scared to even attempt shutting down my pc anymore. When i click shutdown, my pc begins to shutdown normally and then after it logs out nothing happens. Its just stuck at a bluescreen that says shutting down, and it will stay like this forever unless i hold the power does anyone know what is going on? I have tried some of the fixes and nothing works. ThanksMoonreaver1 Aug 5
Aug 5 Which Laptop should I buy I've been doing some searching and comparing but still a bit confused about which gaming laptop to buy that I can upgrade later. I will just be using this laptop for gaming, and mostly just WoW. The ones I have looked at are: Origin Eon17-SLX Alienware 17 The sales rep at Origin said WoW runs on the 4k display , but I am not sure if that is accurate. For the Origin Eon17-SLX I was looking at 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M with G-SYNC for the GPU, and Intel Core i7 6700K Quad-Core 4.0GHz (4.2GHz TurboBoost) for the processor. Would that be overkill?What GPU and Processor mix with laptop brand do you guys recommend that is affordable and will run Legion really well without killing my bank account.Jundak2 Aug 5
Aug 5 Preferred mouse? Looking for a mouse for everday use and gaming I'm not looking too deep into functionality... I mean, I really want comfort most, but if you can vouch for fancy features I'll consider it! Not looking to spend over $50 really Also accepting keyboard recommendations Thank you pleaseYozakura8 Aug 5
Aug 5 Best PC Tower for Under $400 to run WoW? What's the best pc tower I could buy for running WoW for under $400? I a have monitor, a mouse and a keyboard. Help a brotha out so I can get off my ancient macbook pro and hopefully get my arena rating over 2k this season. Thanks homies! Cheers.Twelvvy14 Aug 5
Aug 5 Is fresh MMO Pokemon Go the new WoW Killer? I've spent the past few weeks getting out more than ever, meeting new people, and seeing all sorts of new and exciting things. There's friends to be made, goals to accomplish, and all of the animals I've slaughtered at the request of total strangers in exchange for small sums of silver have had all of their teeth and guts for me to collect. Sometimes one animal has all of the things you need if it's things that have duplicates like eyes or lungs. Way more efficient and imo WoW could learn a lesson here. Honestly, this is the closest I've felt to those nostalgic memories of first playing World of Warcraft in a long time.Etienne30 Aug 5
Aug 5 Decent Gaming Laptop.. Looking to get a laptop to use for my MMOs. And some Total war. But not trying to spend over 800..but at the same time I want the ability to run things on the highest settings Website people know?Ethán1 Aug 5
Aug 4 @Kagthul This thread on mmo-champion has a bunch of people trying to misinform people about performance in WoW. They're claiming that WoW is no longer CPU bottlenecked and one guy even goes on to say that any Sandy Bridge CPU or better will fulfill all of WoW's CPU needs. You know way more about PCs and have a better way of explaining things than I do, so I'd ask if you have an account to please post and help me out as I'm getting a little frustrated over there. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2041339-GPU-makes-a-huge-difference-now Here's some posts from the thread: "So can we put the "WoW is a CPU bottleneck" claims to rest? This is no longer the case, and honestly hasn't been the case since WoD launched." "This has been the case for some time now, a Sandy Bridge processor or better is all you need to max out WoW from a CPU perspective after that it becomes GPU bound."Gaffgarrion2 Aug 4
Aug 4 Interested in being in a Nuzlocke Versus? Looking for somebody to race against in a Pokemon Randomizer Nuzlocke! It's kind of an experiment because 99% of them are with close friends. I'm thinking it would be a cool idea to do it with somebody whom I'm getting to know. My goal is to eventually put it on my youtube channel. I would do the recording**, editing, and uploading- and the goal is to have the entire run on Youtube for funzies. If you're interested, reply to this thread and we can talk. Thank you :) PS: If you don't know what a randomized nuzlocke is, ask for info- But if you enjoyed playing pokemon when you were a kid (mainly red/blue/yellow versions) you would most likely enjoy it.Midgetweaver1 Aug 4
Aug 4 Dual CPU Build Through unspecified means (eBay), I've been able to nab a pair of Xeon E5620s and a S552 motherboard to hold it all. I'm looking to do a build of sorts as a...not necessarily backup PC, but a something of a toy in case my actual machine takes a dump, and/or I feel the need to experiment. Could such a machine run WoW? I'm aware that WoW (nor are most games) in any way designed with multiple CPUs in mind, but I would assume that it'd be possible to designate which processes are to be handled by a given processor, i.e. designate an entire CPU solely to WoW. Am I wrong here?Tréyshaun6 Aug 4
Aug 4 Question about a laptop Hi, a friend of mine could sell me a laptop for an abordable price, around 400 canadian dollars, I'm wondering if its a good choice or not, here are some of the specifications, Portable ULTRABOOK Asus S56 écran 15,6 pouces, Processeur QUADCORE Intel i5-3317U à 1.70 GHz TurboBOOST 2,7GHz, mémoire RAM 8Go et disque dur 1000GB. Carte Graphique 3D Intel HD4000 + nVIDIA GT 635M à 2Go de mémoire dédiée. Système Windows 8.1 64 bits (Mise a jour vers Win 10 Gratuite) Port USB 3.0, Port HDMI, BLUETOOTH, Graveur DVD/CD...Malberode0 Aug 4
Aug 4 Criticize my new computer I upgraded from a 3-year old ASUS ROG laptop to this new computer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G26TP8S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 System: Intel Core i5-6500 3.20GHz Quad-Core | 16GB DDR4 | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 home 64-bit | VR ready Graphics: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB gddr5x | 24x DVD RW dual-layer Drive |7.1 channel HD| Gigabit LAN | USB keyboard and mouse I got it at $1399.99 but the current price may be a little different. My new monitor is the ASUS PG278Q which runs at 1440p with G-sync. I am playing the game with the slider at 8. I should mention that AA is disabled by default at this resolution. I have not tried raiding yet but Battlegrounds run at a comfortable 60-90 FPS. Solo play runs at 90 FPS easy. I spent the weekend on this new setup and it feels like I am playing the game for the first time again. Still I cannot help but be a little let down that I cannot experience the game at the maximum 10 setting. From reading the board it seems it would have been better if I got the i5-6600k instead of 6500k. Would it be safe to over-clock this CPU without doing more upgrades?Kellissandra11 Aug 4
Aug 4 Lagging when GraphicsQuality higher than 4 I just bought a ASUS ROG G20CB-B10 and an ASUS MX279H monitor, hoping that I would be able to run WoW at it's highest resolution (like my brother can on his Mac), but I'm stuck running on GraphicsQuality=4. Like I said, the very reason I bought this PC was to be able to run this game at its highest resolution (GraphicsQuality=10). Can anyone help me figure out if this is possible and if so, what tweaks I need to perform? P.S. I've already tried https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/100525 and unfortunately none of the suggestions have helped. I read them all and followed many offshoot links and videos. I've tried every suggestion they offered. I've also tried changing WOW to run in 32-bit mode, no change. I've also tried changing the video card settings from Balanced to Performance, no change. I also tried Quality, no change. Do you think it's possible my problem is not the PC, or its settings, but the monitor (ASUS MX279H)?Awesomebro18 Aug 4
Aug 4 Inexpensive PC Im doing some searching in changing my crap box PC a buddy of mine told me to check out these 2 pcs he found I need advice on what to go after.. the first build is this Core I5 3570 Asus Mobo with Overclocking capabilities 8gb DDR3 Ram GTX 960 FTW 500GB Samsung 840 Evo 750gb seagate Hard drive 500W Evga Power Supply This is being sold for $400. The second one they showed me was Processor - AMD FX-8320E Octa-Core 3.6Ghz with turbo boost to 4.0Ghz - Motherboard - Asrock 990FX Killer Fatalit1 AM3+ - Graphic Card - Asus Strix R9 390 8GB - Memory - Balistix 16GB DDR3 Latency 9-9-9-24 - Power Supply - Corsair RM1000 - SSD - OCZ Trion100 120GB - CPU Cooler - Zalman Silent - Case - In Win 303 - Fans - Cooler Master 120mm Silent - Wireless USB Adapter - Linksys AE1200 - The tower on this one is awesome also and its $550.00. My goal is to be able to run wow and raid with decnt framrate the higher graphics I can do the better... WOW is the only game i play on pc so im not looking to make a crazy investment just looking to play at high setting and maybe have a few windows opened in the back or on a second screen. What to do...Sonastii5 Aug 4
Aug 4 Recurring FPS issue Hello everyone. Recently in my adventures around Azeroth (and Outland) I've had some rather glaring, and recurring, issues with my frame rate. Just now as I type this, my rogue is sitting in Terrokar Forrest only getting 25 FPS as I move around. My in-game graphics settings are set to '7', but even then I still get some serious lag in cities and in some visually dense zones. I've hit a wall and I don't know what to do to improve my frames besides drastically reducing my graphics quality, which I really don't want to do. Specs below. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM Available OS Memory: 16336MB RAM Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67B0) Display Memory: 16338 MB EDIT 1: I solved the problem. I tried disabling a few addons I never touched and now I can run the game at 100+fps on maxed out settings. Huzzah for problem solving!Ishadan1 Aug 4
Aug 4 New build not running over 9fps even on low Hey guys I just finished my first build and here is what I have. MoBo- GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI Processor- Intel Core i-5 quad core Vid-G GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 950 Ram- 16 gigs hard drive - 1TB I went in and gave an 800 budget to the person at my local computer store. I told her all I really needed it for was to play wow on ultra if the budget allows but good/high if not. Im playing in 1080p and I understand with this build I might not be able to get ultra but I should def not be getting 9fps on min settings right? Is there some setting that im over looking or something else. Any help would be awesome thanks guys.Smalldawg2 Aug 4
Aug 4 Need help finding PC Hello computer geniuses. I have been running WoW between 3-4 for about as long as I can remember, and only getting moderate FPS and screen freezes when entering raids or major cities. Just asking what would be a good build or even a pre built pc that I could buy to maintain around 60 FPS (with unavoidable drops) on the higher end of the graphics scale, not giving a price limit because I want to gauge the costs, thanks.Thaendros0 Aug 4
Aug 4 Upgrade suggestions pls help I recently came in to a guy in trouble that needed cash so I bought his PC. I have a Giga-Byte GA-78LMT-USB3 mother board, AMD Phenom II x4 B45, AMD Radeon R7 260 with 6gb installed ram. I payed $150 (included a 22" Dell monitor...a Saitek kybd..and a Azza mouse) Can an expert or someone close to the AMD products please recommend upgrades for the RAM and possibly the video card. O and I am running WoW on a 60gd ssd and Win7 Home premium on a 1tb sata. Any help would be appreciatedMannowar2 Aug 4
Aug 4 Blizz is telling me to play Pokemon Go... maybe i should get out and walk around while I can't log in and world servers are down...Saysette0 Aug 4
Aug 4 Laptop 4 Wow/College/Editing I've seen a msi laptop for $800. good cpu/gpu. Anyone find anything or got anything different?Forstrider1 Aug 4
Aug 4 help on my pc. i dont know if this is the right area to ask but i have some computer concerns. [quote][/quote]i have a dell xps 8300. currently i am playing heroes of the storm and wow. i run my games low to medium settings. will i be able to run legion when it comes out? processor is i7 2600 3.4 ghz. video radeon hd 6670 i would appreciate some help, thanks.Raeshalgoul6 Aug 4
Aug 3 Is there a difference betwen I7 and I5? I know nothing about procesors I actually have I-7 2600 CPU@ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), -3.4GHz according dxdiag. I have the money to buy a Intel I5 4690 3.5ghz Haswell Soket 1150 or Intel I5 6600k 3.5ghz (1151) Are these procesors bettr than my current i7? would be worth to buy 1 of them? which one is better? Thanks in advance.Goshruk2 Aug 3
Aug 3 NEW GPU Hello everyone, I'm trying to get a new GPU since mine is on his pass away time due to msi cheap materials. I have a msi getforce GT630 (which I've been reading it's absolute crap). Now I'm looking for a GPU that can run WoW/Overwatch on MEDIUM settings I'm not into ultra. I have 8 gb ram, an outdated processor, 600w power supply. So far with the GPU on almost dead time I can get easy 90-100 fps. I had to limit it to 60-70 (even limited it goes up to 74-75) in the last weeks because one of the fans stop working which ends in a constant overheating which causes a kernel power error. I'm reading suggestions on what I can get.. thanks for reading this and your time!Zydonia1 Aug 3