Games, Gaming and Hardware

Apr 4, 2013 Help with parts? Hey everyone! Let me just say I'm not going to buy this in the near future but will start saving my pennies for it. I have been thinking of buying a desktop for a while now, well saving for one that is. I know the best possible solution and the cheapest rout to go is to build your own. I know someone who would help me do that and put it all together but I need someone to just give me a list of parts (monitor included!) to save up for, to set a goal for myself. This goes for everything! I'm looking to play Wow, Star craft, Lol, and maybe a few others on ultra with no lag. My price range I guess you could say is under $2000 (the lower the better). I'll be flat out honest I'm just a teen and if i want something I'm going to have to work for it. I'm not old enough for a job so don't you guys be yelling at me to get off my lazy be-hind and get a job! Ty in advance!Tharkor4 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Dual monitor setup help I'm running a 2 monitor setup and I have Wow stretched over both atm. I want to use a viewpoint addon and have my main screen (right monitor) have the normal look with Char centered and the left monitor move unessessary items like bags,map,recount. I've seen other people's UI do this and I just need alittle help When I use an addon like Sunn Viewpoint, I can move the panels around, but it just covers my background (viewable world space) instead of moving over the viewable space. So its just covering my screen instead of moving it. Any ideas on how to get this accomplished?Smôken0 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Video Game Stories Hi everybody! Sitting here playing through some old(ish) games, the stories are great and that's why I enjoy them. My question to you is......Are there any game series that you love(d) playing because of the story? Any games that you wished would never have ended and just kept going and going? For me it was the Gears of War and Dead Space Trilogies! The stories were pretty awesome, although I have to say Dead Space' story was far superior. NOTE: Everyone will have their own favorites! Everyone has their own taste in games, I'm just looking to see what you all have to say and maybe I'll give your choices a try!Brassbolt30 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Linux. All that really need's to be said is that blizzard should invest in also converting the game to play on Linux (mint, Ubuntu, etc.). I know most people I've ran into keep telling me Linux is fail and so on, but the fact is Linux is a pretty good OS its just how you critic it and there's tons of Linux user's out there today even not just programmers but normal people who play games. Linux is revolutionizing the world as we know it why not catch up, and those who comment on this telling me Linux is stupid, you're just ignorant cause its just another OS (except its open source) and if it wasn't for Linux blizzard wouldn't have it as easy keeping up with all the data and is non-stop streaming in cause other OS (win, OSX, etc.) don't have the up time compared to Linux. If u wanna know why and how do the research I've been researching for the past 2 weeks on this cause i have an internship to my brothers cloud hosting company.Deadmaufive49 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 192 bit memory buffer? I run at 1920x1080, and I find my current card to be lacking, bad. Would a higher memory buffer be a step up performance wise?Seróquel16 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Vanquish Anyone agreed is one of the most underrated game of this generation and needed more attention over? it make me sad to believe this game didn't sell well. however am happy they finally put it free for PS+ members, its on PSN for anyone wondering too.Daisyfan1 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 anets april fool event what u guys think https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-2013/Blueouts8 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Game Graphic Awards Do they exist? I was checking out http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/awards.html And Blizzard doesn't seem to have any. I always believe they should get some recognition for Cataclysm (Vashj is amazing) and Pandaria (great level of detail). Oh, they've got Visual Effects for the Burning Crusade. But not the others?Pazu1 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Windows Error Recovery Can someone help how to recover my computer? I was just transfering files from my old comp to the new one, now for some reason I'm getting a Windows Error Recovery when I try to boot up Windows 7. "Windows Error Recovery" comes up during booting; with 2 options- 1)Launch Startup repair(recommended) 2)Start Windows Normally I've have tried both options and all I get is a circle back to this option. I tried to recover with the Windows 7 disk and I get an error: This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of windows. So what can I do to fix this problem? ThanksKipe4 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 UPS fail... So I sold a PC to a customer for about 2,000 dollars. I shipped it out from my work paid and insured. It arrived damage, but not typical damage. The case was fine, the video card was ripped from the board hanging out, the screws to the bracket was missing and the solders on the front of the fan were ripped off. Motherboard was scratched, damaged and not working. There was no exterior damage other than a few holes in the shipping box but the case was fine. After it didn't boot he contacted me. Someone from UPS poked a few holes in it and saw what it was and tried to rip out the 400 dollar graphics card is seems. I had him file a claim, but UPS said my employer denied it and that I would have to handle it. So I had him take pics, send it to me, and ship it back to me. I filed a claim and they denied it on the fact that my customer used USPS not UPS. I said it didn't matter, we had documented damage on the original delivery date. So now I am filing a dispute, and I am pretty pissed. 600 dollars in damage that UPS is trying to get out of. My customer and I just want the money to have 2 components replaced. So I am in the process of filing (if they deny the dispute) a federal complaint against UPS with tampering with shipping and a report with the ACFE for fraudulent business and insurance practices. Being a member of the ACFE, UPS isn't anything to worry about. We took down Worldcom and Enron, companies that paid more in taxes than UPS does. I just want them to own up to their mistakes. Why is that so hard? EDIT: All I am asking for is replacement cost of the GPU and motherboard. They said since my customer sent it back to me via USPS they cannot be held liable. I told them I have pictures and a claim attempt on the date of delivery, they said it doesn't matter... The card is DESTROYED, and the mobo is scratched with the PCI-E hold down latch missing. The backplate is bent and the cooler is ripped from the card hanging down pulled off the soldered points. It's bad, someone tried to steal it...Stephié4 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Is Diablo 3 any good? I haven't played those games and thought about trying it out. Can I group up with random people to do dungeons like LFD in WOW? I am finding wow's pve to be a little lacking and thought maybe Diablo 3 would be cool to try. Keep in mind I don't know much about the games other than they are clickfests.Kalyssa31 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Neverwinter beta weekend Anyone play the Neverwinter beta weekend? What did you think? Personally I liked the combat, thought everything else ranked from terrible, to an abomination. I am getting really sick of quests that don't have to be read, sparklie trails all over everything completely destroying any need or desire to explore, generic origin scenarios that are the same for every character and race combination. Oh I am also sick of ugly !@# character art. What were they thinking? If you are a free to play game that is going to sell vanity items your characters need to look good! not like art school diploma mill junk.Lyyr4 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 FUN FUN FUN! >:D Hello There! My name is Daniel and I’m doing a small experiment for one of my classes regarding reaction speed times and game play of gamers compared to non-gamers. The link below is to a very short survey that will just ask about 15 questions or so. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to fill out and play the reaction speed game as well. I know this survey isn’t exactly the most professional survey ever, but I’d really appreciate it if you guys could help me out here. Thanks in advance guys!! https://usc.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0qewlbHSjVc48UB -DanielKhalidan5 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 HD 7950 Crossfire... THAT HEAT!!! Well, okay yes and no. The temps are very good under load, 50-55*Cel (bottom card) and 60-70*C (Top card). But the amount of heat exhausted into my room is just unreal. My room went from 70-75*Feh to nearly 90*Feh. So I am thinking about dumping my one HD 7950 Vapor-X and testing this GTX 590. If the performance is decent, I'll see the GTX 590 and get a GTX 690. From what I've seen, the 690 vs HD 7950 Crossfire is pretty close and I see GTX 690's go between 600-800 all day on eBay.Stephié21 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Super Fun Adventure Box?!? I thought this was GW2's idea of an April Fool's Day joke...then I saw it was real...No wonder I just can't get into GW2...Braellyn2 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 new 2013 full tower cases So I was wondering has there been any new 2013 full tower cases that look epily jawsome lol by full tower I mean like antecs df 85 size about so maybe idk any mid or full tower new 2013 models I have a antec df 85 case atmKnucklejoe0 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 new 2013 full tower cases So I was wondering has there been any new 2013 full tower cases that look epily jawsome lol by full tower I mean like antecs df 85 size about so maybe idk any mid or full tower new 2013 models I have a antec df 85 case atmKnucklejoe0 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Solid state hard drives and WoW I am thinking of getting an SSD, I know SSDs really speed up Windows boot time but does it help with loading WoW and zoning? Is there really a noticeable difference?Ito24 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 AMD and Steamroller, dare i get my hopes up? http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20130331080217_AMD_We_Are_On_Track_With_Steamroller_Micro_Architecture_in_2013.html they're claiming 30% increase in ops per cycle, more efficient scheduling and lower power consumption. piledriver has been great for my needs, but i really want AMD to get competitive again. given all the hype about bulldozer though and how short of the mark it was, my anticipation is tempered with a whole lot of wait and see...Eithris13 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 help on PC build I am trying get few friends to come from PS3/Xbox 360 to world of warcraft/steam. I need help building a computer for around $400-500. I already have four GTX 550ti 2gb for them just need case, cpu, memory, hard drive, motherboard and whatever else is needed. (Can be only one pci-e not two) Just need be able run 1280x720 or higher. NO SSD already have 2 of those...Koyukî0 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Destiny: Bungie's Next Halo(sort of) http://www.destinythegame.com/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwOUi4JDC4o No word on a possible PC release, but there's always hope for us. That, or you could purchase the console version, but doubtful any of you are console kiddies(j/k) I'm somewhat excited about this game. Anyone else?Nzhuv1 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Budget Gaming PC Help Hey guys, I was about to make a purchase and wanted to see what you all thought about the specs. I will mainly be using this PC to play and livestream sometimes. Thanks for all your help 2 different builds: CPU: AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [+20] HDD: 128GB OCZ Octane SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 470MB/s Read & 210Mb/s Write [+1] (Single Drive) MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand) MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Chipset Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ Touch Bios, Ultra Durable 2, On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+14] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) And here's the 2nd build: CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) HDD: 128GB OCZ Octane SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 470MB/s Read & 210Mb/s Write [+1] (Single Drive) MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand) MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B75M-ITX Intel B75 mITX Mainboard w/ ASRock XFast RAM, LAN & USB, 7.1 HD Audio, HDMI, USB 3.0, SATA-III, 1 Gen3 PCIe x16 SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+52] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) I am aiming towards the first one, but my knowledge is limited lol. Both of these pcs are from cyberpowerpc and are under $600. Let me know what you guys think, and thanks again Oh, I also have another backup HD for storage space :)Kriptix4 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 The real difference between F2P and P2P Free to play MMO games are out there, and there are plenty that are really fun. However, in order to be the best, or have the coolest stuff, you must pay for it with real money. Believe me, I used to play a free to play MMO, and I foolishly ended up paying hundreds of dollars for things that were literally useless but the game made me feel like if I didn't have that I was the worst. Star Wars has that feel right now. You can subscribe and play normally, or have the free to play account and have limited or no access to anything cool in game. You can pay, but pay for each character you own. Either 15 a month, or hundreds in a couple months to unlock stuff. I keep seeing threads made every day to make WoW free to play, and honestly, that would make this game LESS appealing. If there was a free to play account for WoW, you would be limited to the things you could do in game without first having to pay for it separately. Paying 15 dollars a month for a game that still gives me hours upon hours of stuff to do that is fun is way better than paying 50+ dollars to first UNLOCK things to have fun.Doromil15 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 SC2 trial? Would like to try. I googled it and the sc2 page wants me to make a bnet account. I don't see an option to logon with my existing bnet account. Can I download the client and just start a trial? Anyone know how it works without creating a new bnet account? Thanks.Semmy4 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller My computer is currently shutting off, and I'm getting a message in Event Viewer stating a driver issue with \SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\ASP32.sys. I opened my Device Manager and all I saw was a "CoProcessor" that was never installed. I looked up the device on PCIDatabase.com and it told me it was a NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller. I'm not entirely sure where I can get a driver for this. Current OS is Win7 64 bit. Could this be an issue fixed via the video card, or should I check for more mobo drivers? Video Card - EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Video Card - 896MB GDDR3. Mobo - Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard - AMD 785G CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 240 Dual Core. This all started happening yesterday, and the computer has been fine ever since. I've tried to google the issue, and I get left with SCSI driver issue and virus. It's not a virus, as the machine only plays wow, and only goes to websites where I pay my bills online, other than that, the machine is shut off. I've tried posting on NVIDIA's site, but help on that site is few and far between. Hoping for a techie that knows a little more than me.Starishna3 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Custom Computers / Pre-Built [removed] ----------------------------------- EDIT: Please be aware that such reference links may be construed as advertisements, and as such will be removed from the World of Warcraft forums. Thank you for your understanding.Bloodshiêld0 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Help to upgrade my graphics. Hi, Currently I can only run WoW on the "low" setting. I'm interested in making a small purchase (pref. less than $150) so that I can run it on a higher setting. I'm not very knowledgeable about computer but I've installed ram and a video card in the past but that's about it. I would appreciate any recommendations. ---------- Computer Specs: Windows 7 AMD Athlon II X2 250u Dual-Core Processor NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Integrated 640 GB HDD 4 GB DDR2 memory ----------Myserverdaun8 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Looking for a great corner/L shaped Computer desk that fits a 32" TV as a monitor Seems like back in the day they were all nice with lots of space. Now they all seem cluttered any suggestions would be great.Diranux2 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Old 90s CD-ROM game, pls help me identify Hey everyone. I've been trying to remember the name of this game I used to play as a kid. It was a CD-ROM game. It was a trading/merchant game that took place in space. You choose your space ship and would then fly from planet to planet to buy and sell different goods and transport passengers. It was a pretty cartoony game. Thanks!Yoink3 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Lags from CRZ a feature or fixable? Got a decent system that I built 3 years ago and I was wondering if there was something I can do upgrade it to help with these lags from CRZ as you cross zones you get that half to 1 second freeze. I'm pretty saavy with the stuff but it's been 3 years since I needed to even consider updating. Here's my current rig. Case - CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower Gaming Case MB: Asus M4A79T CPU: Quad Core AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU ) 16 GB of Ram (recently maxed out from 8gb) (9-9-24) AMD/ATI HD 5870 1gb full length video card (Just one) Seagate Sata Drives (3GBs) Realtek 8112 On-board gigabit Lan card Netgear 10/100/1000 Router / Wireless (my connection is hard-wired 1gb connection) Internet speed is 10mb cable with turbo up to 15mb. (when it was at 30mb turbo it still lagged). The CPU is not overclocked, liquid cooled with a Corsair H60. With wow going on all 4 processors the temps are like 35-36c Edit: Just want to add that just sitting Shrine of the two moons I'm at about 44ms, no other real major apps running besides wow. FPS is around 90 just sitting here idle not moving. Thanks in advance for any advice. Thank you.Electriciti2 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 For those that are a bit familar with LoL This girl pretty much nailed it on the spot and she got skills too for sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BduToQ6-ncUCrappytank0 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Yikes! What happened to my laptop? I'm in no way computer savy. But the last time I played this game in November 2012, I played on Ultra with no drop in fps performance below 50 or so. I come back today and I cant even play on high without falling to 30 fps. My laptop is not that old! I got it in June 2011. Intel Core i7-2720QM 2.20GHz 8.00 GB Ram AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OSVictavondook7 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Best approach to upgrading my pc hey everyone... within the past couple of months i have had to play wow with my graphics settings on low. this hasnt bothered me too much however within the last couple of days my fps will go from 49 and drop down to 3 and stay there for about 2 minutes then go back up to 49. this happens about every 15 minutes or so. my pc specs. hp pavillion p6210y amd athlon II 620 quad-core processor 6gb system memory 640gb hard drive NVIDIA GeForce 9100 windows 7 home premium 64-bit edition.. at this point i have no clue what to do.. any advice would really help! thanksMuhjeep1 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Yoichi Wada resigns as Square Enix's CEO So news has been out that he has resigned. What do you think about SE's future releases? Personally, I just hope for more FF Versus 13 news.Irøh25 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Need advice with pc Ok so I am going to have an extra $1000 to play around with for getting a new pc(mine is on its last legs) so I was wondering how well something like http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Scorpius_9000 I do alot of gaming and am thinking of doing some recording too so any help would be appreciated.Dalii5 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Buying a new computer for my wife and I need some advice. First up its going to have to be a prebuilt. I don't want the worry of having to put one together and messing something up....again.... She doesn't do a lot of raiding, mainly instances and a few 10 mans and she would not be running it on Ultra settings, just high settings My budget is around 500-700 dollars. I've looked on Dell (preferred because I have an account with them) and found these builds XPS 8500 XPS 8500 (729.00) Operating System Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English Processors 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3350P processor (6M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz) Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 2 DIMMs Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 620 1GB DDR3 Hard Drive 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s Chassis Black w/19:1 Media Card Reader Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet Optical Drive 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW), write to CD/DVD Power Supply 460w PSU Alienware X51 Alienware X51 (699.00) Operating System Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English Processors Intel® Core™ i3-3220 3.3GHz (3MB Cache) with Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Memory 6GB (1 X 2GB, 1 X 4GB) DDR3 at 1600MHz Keyboard Alienware Multi-Media Keyboard Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640 1GB GDDR5 Hard Drive 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache Chassis Color Matte Stealth Black with Dark Chrome Accents Mouse Alienware Optical Mouse, MG100 Optical Drive Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW) Wireless DW1506 Wireless-N WLAN Half Mini-Card Power Supply 180W External Hardware Support Services 1 Year Essential Support I like the 8500 , thinking it might be more upgradeable in the future than the tiny x-51 Thanks in advance!Nodden6 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Computer specs to run WoW Hey guys, I currently have a toshiba satellite laptop, which isnt really cutting it. I have to play on the lowest graphic settings and still lag in LFR and other raids. I'm looking to get a new computer (thank you tax return), but not exactly sure what to look for. My computer now has a i3 processor, 4g ram, and not sure on the graphics card. What should i look for to get a decent gaming PC? I was thiking i7, 4+gigs ram, and i really dont know much about graphics cards, any help here? I don't want to play on ultra, just medium/low with absolutely no graphics lag. Thanks!Zrocker3 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Computer performance in WoW declining. Hello all, My desktop is getting pretty old. I built it back in 2006 and it is still running strong and has only needed a few upgrades/replacements since it's original life. Anyway on some of the fights in ToT my FPS is dropping to around 10 and is not an acceptable gameplay experience for me. I am currently using Intel Core 2 duo @ 3.1ghz as my CPU 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM EVGA Nvidia GTS 450 I was considering purchasing 2 more gigs of DDR2 RAM (my motherboard doesnt support DDR3) and a EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST to hopefully increase my computer's performance in 5.2 Although I fear that these upgrades won't do much for me with the current CPU I am using. Do you guys think I will be okay upgrading my RAM and GPU and sticking with my current motherboard/CPU combo? I am trying to avoid purchasing a new mobo/cpu :/Famlock14 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Cheap Gaming Mouses? I have been playing WoW everyday for about 6 or so months now. I am starting to get real annoyed by having to click my buttons, and I only use numbers 1-5 on my keyboard. I have tried using other keybinds, but it just doesn't work for me. Anyways, are there some cheap gaming mouses out there (preferably under $50), that have 5 or more keybinds?Fatzert3 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 The "good" guys of warhammer 40k So lately I've been playing dawn of war and have read up on some of the factions backgrounds and am trying to understand which faction is the most good. I personally think the tau are only because they seem to be the only faction willing to let others join their empire rather then commit genocide for not being the same race, however I've found out that they do some pretty bad things too. Thoughts?Zarthrake5 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Lf Defiance Partner for tomorrow(PS3) Picking up my copy tomorrow (gamestop doesn't have a midnight launch at my town) just looking for someone, maybe a couple people who are also picking up the game/would like to talk on skype or vent and initially explore the beginning of the game together. I put up ps3 on the title because that's what I'm getting it on, and there is some talk about it not all being cross platform. anywho, post if interested! or add my skype jsleggs1Kissan0 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 The Elder Scrolls VI: Akavir http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Akavir:Tim_Howard_Interview I almost believed them, then I read this interview.Lorelaî4 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Knights and Dragons, new mobile rpg! Hey everyone I just wanted to share this awesome new mobile rpg app that has me and my girlfriend hooked. It mixes elements of wow, diablo, farmville, and even starcraft in a way. Its a simple pick up and play game that tasks you with building up your castle grounds, questing, pvping, fighting off new weekly bosses, crafting sick looking armor, and more! And unlike a lot of other apps out there this one is free and doesn't require you to spend any money on their in game currency to progress through the game. Its out now on the apple app store and android marketplace. If anyone is interested in trying out and completes the tutorial feel free to add my friend code XBB-NRR-CFC when the refer a friend section pops up for a free set of super rare armor that makes the early game a breeze.Zorrik0 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Fast RAM? Hi all. I'm soon upgrading to an FX-6300, Asus 970 mobo, and 8GB of RAM.. I was intending on getting 1600MHz ram since it's quite a bit cheaper than 1866. I keep seeing gaming builds with & people recommending 1866, 2133 and sometimes even 2400 RAM.. how much of a difference does RAM make on performance? Also, I've heard that faster RAM makes your CPU overclock easier. True?Own10 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Please look over my potential system build. ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card CORSAIR XMS 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX16GX3M2A1333C9Uxar1 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Is it possible to get steam overlay (Chat, friends online, etc) to work with World of Warcraft? I tried the old way of just adding a non-steam game, but it still isn't working, anyone got any suggestions?Shadowofnigh2 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Game mechanic ideas: melding farming/pokemon I've been toying with some ideas to make some android or iphone games especially after playing Zombie Farm last year or so. I realized that many of the farming games don't offer any use to the items you farm other than as decoration or a means to make money. I had the thought to create a farming focused game that required you to farm plants or other items to be used in a pokemon style world centering around fighting monsters in turn based combat. At the beginning, you would be limited to a few plants but as your gained experience and gold you would either encounter new plants or buy new ones that opened up high level monsters or abilities. What I'm having trouble figuring out is how to best integrate the plants you grow into the battle/monster system so that you are farming enough to be active in growing your farm but not completely limited to battling only when you have farmed items. For example, requiring every move to use one or multiple farmed plants/items. That seems too restrictive to the player and would likely cause disgust for the inventory system. I was thinking that the farming items could be incorporated into potions for healing and short term stat/dmg modification. Some plants could also be used to persuade/focus them on various elements to add customization (feeding a rock monster fireweed to give it fire properties/moves). What are your thoughts on the idea and specifically, how do you think I could incorporate the farming resources as an integral part of the battle and monster collection system? Dotandrot0 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 pulling my hair out i made a thread a few days ago about my motherboard and it not recognizing screen/usb well, i ordered a new motherboard, that was fully capatable with my current ram/processor and when it got here, it did the SAME THING. the LED lights turn on, all the fans spin, the optical drive whirls, everything is plugged in correctly, just one thing, the usb and screen won't stay turned on. let me emphasize on that: the little light on my mic turns on for a half a second, then shuts back off. i just want to know what the issue is now, i'm returning the new motherboard and i'm just going to buy a new processor/ram/motherboard what i'm using atm is ddr2 and intel core 2 quad q6600 and it isn't the PSU, i tried an older 300w psu and the same thing happens. i'm completely baffled. oh yeah, and the integrated motherboard speaker doesn't beep at all. weird.Floaties0 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 feedback on this build first time builder wanna keep cost around 1500 this is what i came up with: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/MURe am i missing anything or anything i can change to make it better within my budgetAlphafighter24 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 $1200 Laptop? I have $1200 dollars and would like to know if any laptops for this much money will be able to run WoW at Ultra settings? Thank you in advance.Uxar2 Apr 1, 2013