Games, Gaming and Hardware

Dec 16, 2012 What's the deal with F.E.A.R.? I just felt I had to speak about this. I'm a long time fan of the F.E.A.R. series, getting every game, and when I got F.3.A.R it just felt like a kick in the rear. I mean, first of all - the manual isn't a manual at all - it's a pamphlet. Okay, fine. Not a big deal. But what about the scariness factor? As a big horror game fan, I think others could probably say that F.E.A.R. is pretty low on the scariness scale, but at least they were trying and made it a bit creepy. In F.3.A.R it feels like they didn't try very hard at all. The fact that they made it feel like an arcade game with run and gun points and co-op doesn't help much. To top it off, what's their problem with health bars? This isn't really an issue as much as it is a personal opinion, but what is everyone's problem with health bars? As if in real life you get shot and your vision turns red. I hope other fans of this series can understand where I'm coming from. I'm not mad or anything, I still like F.3.A.R, but it feels like it falls far short of the past games that I loved.Girlsgonewow6 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 good gaming maouse Was wondering what a really good gaming mouse is? my buddy says the naga is pretty good and seeing his it seems like it would be good with all the dinds possible. are there any others that are better for wow that anyone uses thanks.Domitian28 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 TF300 or Nexus 7 getting my mom a tablet for Christmas and i have it narrowed down between the asus tf300 and the nexus 7. its a $50 difference between the two and just wanted to know if anybody had any thoughts on either of the tabletsLegendairy4 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 Needing a keyboard fast! I want to get a mechanical keyboard for around 40 bucks. Please link me some ASAPDoitforhim9 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 Are MMOs dying? Just read an article on XFire showing WoW's hours played down on the weekend 70% this year. Even the numbers since MoP are down nearly 50% (from over 60,000 for a Sunday to closer to 30,000). SWTOR and GW2 are both down more than 80%. Are MMOs just done?Dliver488 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 upgrading CPU help Alright, so my computer doesnt run wow all that fantastic i run on average at about 30 fps. maybe about 10-15 in a raid on fair settings. so thinkin about upgrading my CPU or whatever i can to help. My current CPU is a AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4GHz my mother board has a AM3+ socket. idk all that much about CPUs. So I'm looking for suggestions. looking at about a $200-$300 range may go higher if i really need too. or do i really need to change motherboards as well? or Do i need to upgrade my graphics card? which i know isnt that great. any other suggestions are appreciatedJakkhammer12 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 wintersday do you guys like it or hate it or jsut meh ?Blueouts0 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 need help my friend is trying to download wow onto his comp he hasnt played since cata any ideas what might be going wrong?Baxkstabz2 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 Need help with buying a new computer I am looking to purchase a new computer and any help would be appreciated. I haven't kept up parts and how good they are so that is why I'm posting here. I am looking for a desktop to play Wow and maybe some other games in the future, but nothing too serious. Some Requirements I have: -Try and keep tower under $750 so I have enough to buy a good monitor. -Must have wireless feature. -Looking for it to be pre-built, since I haven't built a PC in 5+ years. ( Also I don't have a ton of time to build one) -Trying to have it like a known store where I can go pick it up and etc (don't wanna play cat and mouse if something happens) -May fraps on occasion uses. If decent PC packages let me know of something like http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+XPS+X8500-1057BK+Desktop+%26+24%22+LED+Monitor+Package/9999194300050006.p?id=pcmprd193600050006&skuId=9999194300050006 Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you and have a good day.Valmet5 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 The Truth About Windows 8 I am getting really tired about all these misconceptions about Windows 8. I decided that I would clear them once and for all with 3 main points. User interface Everyone seems to think that modern UI shown in commercials and such is the only thing you get in Windows 8 which is not true. You get the the best of both worlds with Windows 8. If you are using a laptop with a touch screen then you will enjoy the optimized interface for ease of use. If you are running W8 on a desktop then you have the option to never even have to turn to the modern UI; you still have access to the same old W7 desktop experience you know and love. Lets say you plug in a USB device or an external HDD. A window will pop up and ask how you want to open those files for the future. Speed Many benchmarks from various people and websites including Microsoft themselves have proven Windows 8 to be 15-20% faster than Windows 7. Boot times are a common example for system benchmarks so I will use those here as well. Windows 7 has an average boot time of about 35-45 seconds while Windows 8 is coming in at around 8-10 seconds (and of course depending on your system specs and whether you have an SSD or not). The average user saw a 16% speed increase in their every day computer usage in Windows 8 vs Windows 7. Gaming Seeing as how Windows 8 brings a steady 15-20% speed increase from Windows 7, it is also plausible to see a performance increase in your games as well again depending on your current system specs. I know that there are a lot of steam fanatics out there and there is an actual steam APP in the store currently I think you all will find it handy, and I talk a little bit about this in the video below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTntajGQMHI ________________ I do however would like to know the opinions from everyone else out there who is still using Windows 7 who refuse to upgrade.Gobbykon5 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Kickstarter - Dungeon Keeper style games Been following these two for a little while, each has its own style but the gameplay for both is a lot like Dungeon Keeper, and War For The Overworld IS Dungeon Keeper. War For The Overworld http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subterraneangames/war-for-the-overworld/ The first is one I've been following for a while and it is the closet to Dungeon Keeper you'll get, in fact they actually cleared it with EA because its that close. They even want the VA who was the Mentor to be in it. You can see the kickerstarter video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYJsSAV3lGA Yes that is Richard Riding from DK2 doing his old Mentors voice. I've always been a fan of DK since I played it on DOS so i'm super excited to see someone finally coming along to make a new DK game. This is pretty much Dungeon Keeper 3 in all but name, and the original DK dev's have endorsed it. These guys are stilling trying to get their funding done. Maia http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simonroth/maia Dungeon Keeper meets Dwarf Fortress on a primordial alien world. This one has already reached its funding goal. ... I'm loving the look of the game, its going to be cool to see the sci-fi aspect of it, and the fact you have mood lighting, Mood Lighting. Both of these games BTW will be moddable. If anyone knows any other DK style games, feel free to add them.Halvdan0 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Planetside 2? Anyone played Planetside 2? How is it now? Is it noob friendly? Do I need voice chat just to play? Is it easy just to pick up and play and drop when I gotta go? Or does it require time commitment? Do I need to be in a guild(or whatever they call them)? Not sure I will always be able to log on and participate with the guild, I'll be working and taking fifteen credits next semester.Eodi15 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 SWTOR -- Be aware! Don't waste your money! The game blows. It sucks in every aspect. I can't really find ANYTHING in that game that's even close to being interesting besides the Star Wars story line. I thought it would take a few months for people to find their way back to WoW like Rift when it was launched. I can't believe SWTOR lost me this quick. For those of you who are planning to get the game for Christmas, I warn you. It's a game you will either love or hate. The game is 27 Gibs and it's not even worth the space on your hard drive. Most of those are useless voice acting that gets absolutely irritating and idiotic after awhile. DO SOME GOOD RESEARCH BEFORE YOU LET THEM SCAM YOUR MONEY AWAY. The game play is absolutely garbage. There's simply nothing more than brainless key smashing. I thought wow is becoming more and more like retards smashing keys, until I see SWTOR......it shocked me, I'm so surprised that a game can have a combat system as bad as this. So for your own sake, do some research and look up some REAL GAMEPLAY videos before you take out your credit card. Don't be stupid like me who bought it on release date and quickly found out that I just wasted all that money on a game that I will never touch again for the rest of my life.Saih232 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 27" 2560x1440 Korean S-IPS monitor feedback So I recently purchased one of the $300 korean monitors and I am completely blown away by it. The colors are astonishing (like seriously amazing and TN looks like garbage now), there are no dead pixels or blacklight bleeding problems, I got free shipping and it came in freaking two days all the way from South Korea to California! Not to mention the seller I bought it from (bigclothcraft) offers free return shipping for defective monitors including monitors received with over 5 dead pixels. I absolutely love how I can look at IPS panels from any angle I want without the colors distorting in any way. The input lag feels like the same as my TN panel, but I'll have to dig up an old CRT so that I can do the clone test to check it for sure. The model I got was the TVera TS-27WQHDIPS which is advertised as being 10 bit, but it seems unlikely and honestly I doubt I would be able to notice the difference between 8 bit and 10 bit anyways. TL:DR Korean IPS monitors are definitely worth it as long as you make sure you buy it from a reputable seller.Zachoff3 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 No Signal to Monitor... :/ First off ive only used my computer for a few months, and last night i was using it to read these forums for upgrade suggestions. I wanted to find out what GPU i had so i opened up my computer, the only things i touched was i removed a RAM stick to see what kind it was as well, and i noticed the GPU wasnt fully plugged in on one end so i kinda pushed it in(not too hard, just barely) other than that i dont think i tinkered with anything. plugeed it all back in and booted it, everything sounded fine, fans work, leds on, heatsink and fan on gpu is working. but i get no signal to monitor. but i do notice for a split second my monitor appears to be set on dvi signal whilst im using a vga. altho i cant seem to change that. but i also attempted to hook it up to my tv(using another cable) with no success. Do i need more "upgrades" than i had intended? or could there be a simple fix. Have searched for a few fixes but figured id put my specifics out there before i start tinkering again since it got me here. any help is appreciatedJakkhammer6 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Best RPG I need to play So I was wondering what is the must play RPG of all time. The only rpg I played has been final fantasy 13. I hated the story but I loved the battle system (made me feel smart lol). I think I might want to sink some time into one but there have been so many. Is there one or two that are must have's. I will probably be playing on my ps3 so if I can get it on there it's a plus.Chucknorris34 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 *ahem* Asheron's Call 2. http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=57257 For those not wishing to follow a link: Posted by Severlin, producer, 12-13-2012, 03:36 PM Greetings! Asheron’s Call 2 has returned! We have opened up a new server for anyone who has an active Asheron’s Call subscription to play Asheron’s Call 2 for free! Although we would have loved to revisit some of our old characters with you, we were not able to bring over any of your old characters. We do, however, present this new Asheron’s Call 2 server, Dawnsong, to all active Asheron’s Call players with a paid subscription or who purchase an ACTD retail key and subscribe. What does this mean to you? Below is a link to the Asheron’s Call 2 client installer so you may get the game up and running. This will provide access to the new Dawnsong server. Although the server has passed our initial tests, we have a lot of monitoring and tweaking to do to the game environment and we want to ensure that our players understand that. This game service will be provided as a beta for all players with an active Asheron’s Call account. That said, the game server is currently up and running. So join us for a nostalgic trip back to a Dereth where the golden age was not interrupted. If you are an active paid AC1 subscriber there will be no need to create a new account for Asheron’s Call 2; you will simply log into the Asheron’s Call 2 game using your current Asheron’s Call credentials. Please note that this is a beta, the environment might have some known issues that we will be working on. The friend’s list functionality, for example, will not be available when this new server goes into beta. As can happen during a beta release, the server might be taken down for maintenance or troubleshooting at some inconvenient times if deemed necessary. See you in game! -- *ahem* This was my first MMO. I'm curious as to their intentions, but still. Amused.Sakiri5 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Big Trion Layoffs; Funcom drops TSW sub fee http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/183304/Rift_MMO_hit_hard_by_layoffs_at_Trion.php http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/12/interview-the-secret-world-drops-subscription/ Anyone tracking usage stats shouldn't be surprised.Osmeric20 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 WoW - The end of a Subscription-based era? Well another big contender went Free To Play this week after the once realistic fantasy of having a cash-cow like WoW was given a rude wakeup call. Meanwhile other competitor companies have just accepted that a monthly fee for gaming serves only to discourage potential costumers and have either gone F2P or P2W from the get-go. With this it is pretty much etched in stone that WoW is realistically the very last successful game that will ever be subscription based, and who knows if even that will last another expansion. A player "renting" their progress will soon be unheard of. Do you think WoW will be better or worse when it inevitably goes "Free", along with future Blizzard titles? I for one will miss the sense of spending time in a Gated Community and fear what the opening of said gates will bring.Averagetank90 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 How well will this laptop handle WoW +others? After years of dealing with an old, slow desktop, I've finally decided to upgrade. I eventually decided on a laptop to use for gaming, as well as other things. Since I'm not a computer whiz, I figured I'd ask: How well will this laptop run WoW and other new games? The specs are: Processor: 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor( 2.40GHz 6MB) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 2GB Memory: 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHzMechapope5 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Probably already answered, but... What do I do to get this PC to play stuff on Ultra in the best resolution? (Like WOW, Battlefield 3, etc...) And for the thread a couple threads below me: Runescape = bot. /NewMacro: /end thread, /download Epicbot =D PC Stats: Hewlett-Packard Model: m8167c Rating: (Windows Experience Index) 3.5 (As determined by lowest subset score) Processer: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU @ 2.4GHz 2.4GHz RAM: 3 gigs 32-bit OS Windows Vista Home Premium NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Monitor: HP w2408 Wide LCD monitorKraigiseight6 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Upgrading my PC I currently have this computer (Got it as a College gift) and I'm not very computer savvy: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01748306&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=2093&product=3980095&sw_lang=#N163 Is there anything I could do to upgrade it so it could become a better gaming computer. Whether it's graphics card, power supply, etc. Money isn't much of an issue if I'm not spending nearly 300+ dollars on a Graphics card, power supply or of the like. But I'm looking to play games like Skyrim, Farcry 3, Dark Souls, etc on my computer. Or would I be better off just buy another computer or building one (Which I have never done). Any type of help would be useful so I could bookmark websites.Acarlee6 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Is this computer good enough? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s9pa Just built it online and was about to order the parts and thought i should ask the forums before i do to make sure i didnt screw anything up.Necrotical13 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Dearest Blizzard. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mike-lewis-on-the-war-against-the-bots/ Gonna let ArenaNet fire a shot over your bow like that?Carnivean9 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Your favorite League of Legends Champion!!! Who is your favorite? Mine is Teemo,followed closely by Veigar!Zolvolt9 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Add-ons (Bartender4, awkward) Hey guys, So, I installed Bartender4 and everything was fine. Then I removed the icon from the mini map and havent been able to get it back since. There are things that I need to change, because they are hiding other stuff, but I cant move anything now, or access the add on. It also doesnt show up when I go into the interface menu in-game. Ive uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled but it keeps those same settings from before. Has anyone had this problem or know what to do with it? Thanks! :)Dalexi2 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 I'm Rob Mahogany! And I'm kinda important, darn-it! If you get the reference, you win.Rashus0 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Botting.... GW2 nipped their problem in the bud in just over 60 days. But here in WoW, it's been heavily going on for a couple years. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mike-lewis-on-the-war-against-the-bots/ C'mon Blizz the stream of bots going into "that instance" is STILL continuing. I am in no way a fan of GW2 and been playing WoW for about 8 yrs and still here. I just find it surprising that GW2 is proving to do away with bots and yet even with Blizz's "Firm Stance" we are still plagued with bots left and right (and I do mean BOTS not XX Boxing which I do Dual box on occasion) Any chance of stepping up the "firm stance"?Locruid5 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Rated M for Marathon! Going on RIGHT NOW is a Marathon to help raise money for the Charity Child's Play! They are playing though 3 Elder Scroll's game. From Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim! Stop on by and Help out a good cause and have some Laughs while you watch! http://www.ratedmformarathon.org/Margerdria1 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Elder Scrolls Online Now that we have a little bit more information about the game (and even some reviews from those who've actually gotten their hands on the alpha), what do you think of the game? Any other Elder Scrolls fans out there looking forward to playing this game? As for me, I'm excited about it. The only thing I don't like about it is the faction locked territories. However, if I can make alts to explore the other areas, I'll be ok with it. Opinions?Chantryx3 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Other Games You Enjoy? While we do all enjoy the game of Warcraft, there are sometimes when we just want to take a break and play something else. So community, when you feel like playing something else, what are some other games you enjoy playing and what kind of genres do you like? The games I often find myself playing other than Warcraft are Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Battlefield 3, and Planetside 2. I also do occasionally wire up my old Nintendo 64 and play games like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina and Majora and Starfox 64. I also do plan on picking up a Wii U soon. In terms of my favorite genre, I would say my favorite are Role Playing Games.Arathan53 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 What FPS can I expect with this build? I currently play on my student laptop on lowest settings, 800x600, and no addons. I'm buying a new computer and I'm just curious what frames I'll get in a 25 man raid with settings still on low. If I can run on Med/High and still maintain 60 fps that'd great. Any recommendations are welcome. :) I have a $600 budget so...yeah. :/ This is a saved list and in lazy to revise it so. :P -CPU: Intel Celeron G530 2.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($43.99 @ Amazon) -Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon) -Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.82 @ Amazon) -Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US) -Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 6670 1GB Video Card ($50.60 @ NCIX US) -Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz) -Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($35.99 @ Newegg) -Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg) -Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US) -Keyboard: Cherry G83-6104 Wired Standard Keyboard ($30.39 @ Amazon) Total: $449.73 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)Maikeru3 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 which 7970? a couple months ago, i bought a 7850 to replace my 7750. i had originally intended to eventually go crossfire and get another 7850, and then get a second and third monitors for eyefinity for shooters and racing games. i got the XFX double-d 7850. it lasted about a week before it died, apparently the memory was faulty. i RMA'd, got replacement. had artifacting, heat issues, all kinds of funky stuff on my screen no matter how low i put the settings, in every game i play. i RMA again, NCIX said they had no more of that card and gave me a refund. so i'm going to bite the bullet, put the refund with my next paycheck and just get a 7970. which brand is going to be the least likely to cause me problems? i already gave my old 7750 to my brother-in-law so i'm using my old 6570 and it won't even run far cry 3, i just want to buy the new card and not have to worry about problems like this....Eithris3 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 What do you think of this computer built! I am building a computer what do you think of these specs. it all costs $706.79 (passed my limit by 6 dollars) First time building one tell me if I made any mistakes of picking the parts! 1. G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB Ram http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428 2. COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US 500W http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171031 3. GeForce GTX 650 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130827 4. AMD Motherboard http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873 5. 400GB 7200 RPM hard drive http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148432 6. Computer Case http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147023 7. DvD Burner www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118067 8. AMD FX-6100 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103962 9. [b]18.5" Monitor http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254061 It's a huge upgrade from my laptop with integrated graphics tell me your thoughts!Mendeln7 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Do achievements get in the way? Had kind of an odd realization so I figured I'd try to talk about it. I tend to play Skyrim when I'm not on WoW. ( Yeah I know "lul people still play skyrim?" ) I had the game on PS3 and had the majority of trophies. However because of that DLC issue I bought the xbox version. I noticed I kept thinking "Oh I HAVE to do this guild for the achievements." So I feel silly for admitting this. But I just had the "wait..do i?" reaction. I mean it's just a gamer score but I think I've just grown too used to that little bleep achievement. Do you guys try to get all the achievements even if it's something you might not like doing? This could be about the WoW achievements too but I was thinking more in the terms of the PS3/Xbox360 gamerscores.Rosenivy0 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 If Xbox Live Does Not Become Free Would Microsoft be crazy if they didn't make Xbox Live free around when the 720 and PS4 come out? If they do not make Xbox Live free, do you think a load of people will switch to Playstation? Would it be a mistake?Urbakhurts16 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Choppy FPS I'm going to keep this as simple as possible: In certain situations, such as your entire raid being in the same room in Isle of Conquest, my FPS will get very choppy. Where I would have around 40fps in this situation, I drop to 20 then back up to 40 a millisecond later. This continues and gives the game a choppy appearance. This also happens sometimes when I am typing. For example, it is happening right now, I will type a letter and it will take a half a second to show up, and the next few words I type are fine, rinse and repeat. What is causing this? Edit: If I hit the Windows button and then click back into the game it seems to fix itself sometimes.Ziz5 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Anyone remember "Monster Rancher"? Does anyone remember this game? And is anyone else out there super excited there's a possibility the system could be coming to WoW for pets?????Ivanooze13 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Any Shin Megami Tensai fans out there? Any fans lurking around on the forums today? The series is awesome, that I have no doubt of. But, which is your favorite out of the Series? Digital Devil Saga? Persona 2? 3? If so, why? Also, what's this rumor on the wind of Persona 5? Has there been any new news of that lately or are the creators just hanging it above our heads for now? My persona favorites (But only because I never got a chance to play the others) have to be Persona 3 and 4. I also enjoyed Digital Devil Saga when I found a used copy at gamestop a few years back. The storylines are awesome, graphics? Heck yes. :D I love the voice acting too, plus the games seem to be the perfect length: Not too short but not to long if you go for 100%.Nossvia5 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 doing livestreams! follow me on twitch @ twitch.tv/divinehealstv i do livestreams arenas, bgs, rbgs, league of legends, dota 2 (rare), cs:go, saint's row the third, minecraft, nba 2k13, etc. 2500 3's/2900hero hpal 2300 ww monk 1700 league, top/midDivineheals3 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Could anyone recommend a PC build for me? Hello! I am planning on purchasing a brand new PC for the holidays. This is going to be my first time building a PC and I'm fairly excited! I'm also a total noob to this sort of stuff and could definitely use help. I need EVERYTHING (including monitor and keyboard). I would be grateful if one of you guys could help me put together a nice gaming PC. I'd love something that can run my favorite games (WoW, Skyrim, random other Steam games) with no problem. My budget would probably max at $700 and it might hurt to go any higher. Thanks!Roberick7 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 WoW PC Ok -- I'm looking to get a new computer for playing WoW. My current computer would be great if the graphics card/power supply weren't so low... and the tower literally has no room to upgrade. It's great for web surfing and doing documents etc. But with WoW... really low fps when it comes to raiding or pvp or anything that has a number of spell effects, even when everything is on the lowest setting. So I'm looking for something else. Hopefully under $600. It doesn't need to run 60 fps on ultra settings. But I'm hoping for 30-40 fps on fair/good. I am looking for a pre-built -- I'm not looking to try and build one right now. I'd even be willing to get a slightly less expensive computer, if it had room for me to replace the graphics card and power supply, add RAM etc and it would work well. Any suggestions?Shilynn8 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Need a 3v3 LoL player I've gotten bored with WoW recently and have been playing a lot of LoL with my real life friends. After going through horrible partners and getting over 1350 rating ELO, we decided we wanted to buckle down and get a bit more serious. We need a bruiser AD champion who wants a ranked 3v3 team. We usually play at each others houses, we have good reliable internet and we know how to communicate. Reply on here or add: "The Spell Weaver" or "Wargreymonomega" on LoL EDIT: We're both just done with our first semester of college, and are on break for over a month.Ðêãth8 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Looking for GPu upgrade(pc pros help) Ok well, long story short, im looking to upgrade my gpu as a temp thing as i cannot dish out a large amount for a new computer now. Im asking you pc experts what gpu my motherboard/psu can supply. Heres my dxdiag if it helps ...Riggo13 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 Metal Arms:Glitch in the System Sequel I remember this being one of the most fun games I ever played as a kid, would play it for hours on end over and over again. Even now, having gone through it again recently, it was a very colorful world and very original, especially in this day and age of homogenized games. The ending to this game left obvious room for a sequel, however, Swingin' Apes was bought out by Blizzard, the very company who's forums I am now posting in. Anyone else think this game might get a sequel? It would be great if some of the Blizzard team took a bit of thought and consideration into creating a sequel for this game.Karmasangel0 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 13, 2012 Wheres my AC peeps Not looking to play a different game, just looking for some old friends. I used to play on Morningthaw as - Fei Fatima, Sr Lancelot, and Zitane. let me know what server you're on and what character you played back in AC.Geeohdee0 Dec 13, 2012
Dec 13, 2012 Gamestop pop-up How do I get rid of this from my desktop? Can't find it in Add/Remove.Velikiy0 Dec 13, 2012
Dec 13, 2012 New Computer...Looking for your thoughts So I'm building a new computer. Obviously I intend on playing WoW but also other games such as the Mass Effect Trilogy, Saints Row 3, the new Sim City, Sims 3, and others. So below I have listed the parts that I am getting and I'm interested in how you think this set up will perform. Case: NZXT GAMMA http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146061 Power Supply: LOGISYS 575W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817170017 Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128565 Processor: AMD FX-4100 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103996 RAM: 8 Gb or more OS: Windows 7 For the graphics card, I am torn between two different cards. For the games listed above, which do you think will work best? AMD Radeon HD 6870 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561 AMD Radeon HD 7850 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125451 I'm new to this whole computer building experience so an input would be greatly appreciated.Zango5 Dec 13, 2012
Dec 13, 2012 Need help with headphones/speakers Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it basically overwrites my speakers. I do not want them to do this. When I plug my headphones in, instead of showing a new sound device it simply replaces the speakers on the menu. I am not unplugging the speakers. Ideally I would like my game sounds and voip program to play through my headphones, and everything else come through my speakers. How do I get this to work?Karma3 Dec 13, 2012
Dec 13, 2012 Need a good, solid all around mouse. I'm going to be buying a gaming laptop soon, and since I can't stand using a touchpad, I was also going to get a new mouse too. Since I know next to nothing, I figured I'd ask before I went out and bought anything. The mouse must be: Wired Have at least 2 additional side buttons (but the more the merrier!) Reliable Comfortable This mouse would be used for WoW, but also a plethora of other games of various genres, nothing super-hardcore though. Anyone know a mouse like that?Rakot8 Dec 13, 2012