Games, Gaming and Hardware

Aug 3 A pc build I need a pc, I played WoD with a laptop it was terrible... I was wondering if anyone could make that runs the "1" settings of graphics with 60fps. It can't be too difficult I could only imagine. But i'm bad with pc's but I think I could build oneLodo4 Aug 3
Aug 3 1060s, where are you? I ordered everything else a few days ago but can't find one of these (other than the $330 version) in stock. I'm on the autonotify lists but no luck so far. Come on. ...!@Lesionofdoom1 Aug 3
Aug 3 970 versus 1060 I see that the 1060 is priced at only $20 more than the 970. Given that I'm going to purchase this card primarily for WoW, are both of these going to produce equivalent results with the all-important CPU ultimately determining effectiveness? I will say that the actual landscape and looks are very important to me, more than maxxing FPS.Holyfaptism7 Aug 3
Aug 3 LF Suggestions on a 1440p Monitor I've been looking around for a good budget 1440p monitor. I've heard 27in is the sweet spot for 1440p and have seen some for $200 - $400. This one is $389 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009C3M7H0 This one is $315 https://www.amazon.com/Acer-K272HUL-bmiidp-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B00JB6HCIC I just have no idea how to shop for a monitor really. I don't want to spend a ton of money on one, but I also don't want to get a crappy one either.Dotslinger1 Aug 3
Aug 3 Razer naga vs corsair scimitar Looking to get an mmo mouse and need opinions. I have a corsair stafe rob keyboard and there headphones so I thought to get there mouse as well. All same etc one utility program. Thanks all Also saw the new Razer hex v2 ?Tje6 Aug 3
Aug 3 Upgrading my Rig I recently built a new computer: i5 6600K - OC to 4.3GHZ 16GB RAM 500GB SSD Nvidia GTX 970 I'm using an older Samsung 27in 1440p Monitor (2560 X1440) I'm looking to upgrade something... What would be the best upgrade for WOW performance? Any thoughts?Revo7 Aug 3
Aug 3 Razer Orbweaver Broken This is more than just a WoW thing. Most of the buttons on my orbweaver do nothing in any app or game. This started two days ago when it was randomly pressing 3 and 4 without me doing anything, and then the whole top row (at least) stopped doing anything, and w sometimes does w and escape. EVERYTHING is bugged with this and I can't seem to find any cause. Please tell me someone has had this problem and knows how to fix it.Terroman3 Aug 3
Aug 3 WoW mouse &/or Armory communication issue. I have a SteelSeries World of Warcraft Legendary MMO Gaming Mouse, and I am trying to add a second profile to it. But whenever I enter the character’s name, realm, and region, and hit "OK" I get an error message, saying "character not found." The character I am trying to enter is my level 100 Mage, so it it is high enough that it should work.I thought that it might of have something to do the armory not updating issue, I thought that it might of have something to do the armory not updating issue, but when I checked the armory everything appears to be up to date.Ewing1 Aug 3
Aug 3 WoW Music not Working Hi, I got these new headphones, And I plugged them into the computer, I turned on the option to allow sound into headphones for WoW. It worked the first few times, but then it stopped working. Any help?Typhun2 Aug 3
Aug 2 New Computer Help Hello everyone, I just built my first PC in the hopes that I'd be able to see a significant performance boost in WoW compared to my MacBook Pro. Here is what I'm running: PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZvyXH CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X31 69.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus 970 PRO GAMING/AURA ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory Storage (boot and WoW): Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card Case: NZXT Source 530 ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply: Rosewill 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer Operating System: Windows 10 A good friend of mine built a similar computer (same processor, 2 GB R7 video card), and is able to get 50-60 FPS on ultra. I'm getting 25-35 on ultra, despite having literally better everything (minus the processor). The GPU load is at 100% when I'm in game (CPU load is in the teens). Temps all look good. The only thing I have not updated is the BIOS on the motherboard. I have also reset WoW and run with no addons with similar performance (actually, a little worse if anything). Here is a Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0: http://i67.tinypic.com/193xaf.png Here's my question: does it seem like the performance I'm getting is appropriate for the PC build, or do you think something is broken/not working/etc. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. ThanksPoohping11 Aug 2
Aug 2 Settings Recommendations Intel Core i5 - 6500 NVIDIA GTX 970 EVGA Super Overclocked Before patch Ultra was running 77+ fps, now it runs 40.Shayne10 Aug 2
Aug 2 Corsair Scimitar MMO Mouse Been a long time Razer Naga user. Really liked the Naga. I recently decided I buy the Corsair Scimitar. Really happy I did. It's a great mouse for WOW. Really well built. Feels solid, great build quality. I highly recommend this mouse for anybody that is looking to pick up an MMO mouse! I like it so much I think I'm going to pick up a Corsair keyboard to match it!Revo0 Aug 2
Aug 2 Lost sound on pc sorry, i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but i really need help, i did some drivers updates on my computer and one of the updates was for audio card, now i'm stuck with a program called hd vdeck and ever since i have it, I have no sounds at all and even after looking on the web, i can't find anything to help me restore sound, i checked the plug-ins of my speakers and everything is normal, except i have no sound at allMalberode9 Aug 2
Aug 2 A Decent Headset Does anybody know anywhere to get a decent wireless headset that won't break due to regular use. I got a big head, so this is a regular occurrence for me. So one that can accommodate extra large craniums would be great, or one that has a metal band instead of plastic. Preferably something i could likely get a best buy, as i have a warranty ongoing there that i've been using to keep buying headsets without breaking the bank. The longest lasting pair i've had is the current one i'm using. The Playstation gold headset, and that is only being held together by the grace of several layers of scotch tape, and i'm not confident that it will prevent the break for much longer. I'd also like it to be both PC and PS4 compatible. Or perhaps some wireless earbuds with a mic, if such a thing exists, though i am partial to the headsets for comfort, i'm just so tired of the things snapping from me just using them.Averax4 Aug 2
Aug 2 Wow legion pc Hey all, So I have decided to build a pc for the coming of Legion since my pc needs upgrading, Here is what i have in mind, If you guys could take a look and hit me up about the system and if it'll run Legion at ultra or whatever, Thanks for reading CPU: Intel core I5 6600k Motherboard: Gigabyte H110 S2PV Memory: Corsair 8gb kit Gpu:MSI Geforce GTX 960 2gb If theres anything else that you need too know please lemme knowBalaro6 Aug 2
Aug 2 New labtop Looking for an ultrabook thatll be good for online college but play wow on medium to high settings any ideas. Looking at currently the Toshiba SatelliteTianthus2 Aug 2
Aug 2 Need to pick new parts today Over at my in-laws for dinner today, they revealed that they want to get me $300 (CAD) worth of computer parts for my birthday to upgrade my rig before Legion. x_x They want to take me out to pick up parts before my birthday. My birthday is the 3rd/tomorrow. ._.; http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9fV9Gf My computer runs WoD pretty decently, I guess? Not super ultra high settings or anything but it's a far cry from the potato with integrated graphics I used to play on. Playing at around 5-6 on the beta at 60+ fps. Just looking for advice on the best upgrade or pair of upgrades to grab. >.> ETA: I'm pretty blown away by the offer. If there's one part I can pick up for $150-200, that'd be a little more ideal for my cheapskate heart. X_xOrravar2 Aug 2
Aug 2 overkill pc cant run wow past setting 7 here are my pc specs ASRock ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Fatal1ty X99X Killer LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 i7 5930k 3.50 ghz 32 gig ram Samsung 950 pro m.2 ssd 2x amd radeon r9 390x benq 1080p monitor since legion prepatch I cant get my setting to run smooth past video settings rank 7. My screen locks up /freezes if I try and the fps drops into the 40s . at rank 6 I can run smooth with 60-90 fps ..Uthád42 Aug 2
Aug 2 Legion at Max Settings Has anyone managed to get Legion running consistently at 60+ fps at the new max (10) settings? Most places in Draenor, or flying around MoP seems to bottom out at 40-50 fps quite frequently. I know it's not a GPU issue because running at 1080p or 4k or render scale 200% made no difference. Even setting the render scale to 50% doesn't improve it in the slightest. Now I know the game has always been fairly CPU bound, but I'm still curious if anyone has managed to get the max settings running smoothly and, if so, with what configuration? If not, I have to wonder what kind of expectations Blizzard has for the "10" setting, and if they should be considered the new "ultra" or simply a future proof option that games like Crysis throw in for the hell of it. And for comparison, my current test specs are an i7 k6700k (not OC'd for the time being, while setting up baselines), 16GB of RAM, and a GTX 1080.Rainsinger18 Aug 2
Aug 2 GTX 970 false advertising (update) Nvidia has agreed to a preliminary settlement in a class-action lawsuit regarding the marketing of the company’s GeForce GTX 970 graphics card, according to documents filed in federal district court earlier this week. The case is a set of 15 separate class-action lawsuits, filed starting in February 2015, that were condensed into one suit in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. It is known as In Re: Nvidia GTX 970 Graphics Chip Litigation. The plaintiffs in the case — all of whom are people who purchased a GTX 970 card — filed complaints against Nvidia and graphics card manufacturers Asus, EVGA and Gigabyte, charging that the companies misled consumers about the hardware specifications of the GTX 970. Their complaints centered around three allegations: The GTX 970 was marketed as a card with 4 GB of video memory, whereas the card actually has 3.5 GB of RAM, with the remaining 0.5 GB being a much slower "spillover segment" that is decoupled from the main RAM The GTX 970 was marketed as a card with 64 render output processors, whereas the card actually has 56 render output processors The GTX 970 was marketed as a card with an L2 cache capacity of 2,048 KB, whereas the card actually has a 1,792 KB L2 cache "Through their concerted efforts, Defendants engaged in a scheme to mislead consumers nationwide about the characteristics, qualities, uses, and benefits of the GTX 970," the plaintiffs wrote in the amended class-action complaint. They charged that the companies engaged in unfair, deceptive and/or unlawful business practices, as well as false or misleading advertising, in violation of various state and federal laws. ""Defendants engaged in a scheme to mislead consumers nationwide"" The plaintiffs added that because the GTX 970’s true specifications were not as high as advertised, buyers "did not receive the full value of the product they paid for in terms of possessing the characteristics set forth above, yet paid a price premium for the GTX 970 device." Nvidia and its co-defendants tried to have the case dismissed on multiple occasions; an Nvidia representative declined comment to Polygon today regarding the preliminary settlement. With the proposed settlement, the customers will receive some financial compensation for their trouble. Under the terms of the settlement, Nvidia and its partners are not admitting any liability or wrongdoing, but have agreed to pay $30 for each GTX 970 unit to members of the settlement class. (The agreement defines the settlement class as any U.S. resident or entity that purchased a GTX 970 in the U.S. from the defendants, their partners or their authorized retailers prior to Aug. 24, 2016.) The parties came up with the $30 figure by focusing on the main misrepresentation alleged by the plaintiffs: that they were cheated out of 0.5 GB out of a total of 4 GB of RAM (one-eighth, or 12.5 percent). Since the average retail price of a GTX 970 was approximately $350, the members of the settlement class could have expected to receive 12.5 percent of $350, or $43.75, as compensation — if the case had gone to trial and the plaintiffs had won. Thus, the proposed settlement argues, a $30 payout for each GTX 970 customer — nearly 70 percent of the $43.75 that they might have gotten — "constitutes an excellent recovery." Must Read Oculus VR Here's what your gaming PC will need for VR, according to Nvidia Aside from the settlement fund, which is unlimited, the defendants have agreed to pay as much as $1.3 million in attorneys’ fees and expenses. They have also agreed to pay incentive awards of up to $25,000 in total to the 23 named plaintiffs. All class members who submit a claim that is verified by the settlement administrator will receive a $30 payout for each GTX 970 they have purchased during the class period. Since there is no cap on the claims, it’s impossible to know how much money Nvidia and its cohorts will end up having to pay if the settlement is approved. (Under the proposed settlement, class members must submit claim forms by the date of the agreement’s final approval hearing, which is currently set for Dec. 21, 2016.) After the dust settles and all the claims are paid out, the total settlement is likely to cost a pretty penny for Nvidia, Asus, EVGA and Gigabyte. While sales figures are unavailable, it’s clear that Nvidia has sold a lot of GTX 970s since launching the card in September 2014. The GTX 970 is the baseline GPU for compatibility with virtual reality headsets such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, which likely pushed price-conscious gamers to buy the card. And for more than six months, the GTX 970 has been the most popular GPU among Steam users, according to Valve’s monthly hardware survey — as of June, more than 5 percent of respondents were running that card. Update (July 29): L. Timothy Fisher of the law firm Bursor & Fisher, co-lead counsel for the plaintiffs, said in a statement to Polygon that the plaintiffs’ attorneys are "very pleased with [the] settlement in the Nvidia GTX 970 case and believe that the settlement provides significant relief to GTX 970 purchasers." Fisher confirmed that the court will hold a preliminary approval hearing on Aug. 24. He added, "If the Court grants preliminary approval, we will disseminate notice of the settlement to class members and the class members will be able to submit claim forms to get their money." http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/28/12315238/nvidia-gtx-970-lawsuit-settlementScrubbs0 Aug 2
Aug 1 Looking to buy this pc for wow Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy a new pc mostly for wow purposes. I was looking at this one and it looks pretty good to me. Ultra settings are welcomed but I'm mostly looking for a smooth wow experience with 60fps+ If you could check out the link below and share your thoughts. Your opinions are most appreciated. Thank you. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/4826600.p?id=bb4826600&skuId=4826600 - 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-6400 processor - 8GB system memory - 1TB hard drive - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970Shmegegge3 Aug 1
Aug 1 Fios downloading 6-10mbps? Hi All, I recently had fios setup with 50/10 mbps download/upload speed. My machine is plugged in via Ethernet and the tech clocked it at 42 mbps download speeds before he left, but I only saw 10 mb/s on the legion patch download and am seeing shy of 6 mb/s trying it with SC and HoTS patch downloads I had suspended. I checked and do have my download speed at 50000 kb/s that should be 50 megs, but still only saw 6-10 megs. I don't see anything else downloading, and even if it was it'd be inconsequential compared to the patches from Blizzard. :) 1> Does blizzard limit the pull our downloads can do per chance? 2> Ethernet's Ethernet right? I get that wireless routers vary wildly depending on hardware and range. Ethernet cable is 6 feet or shorter I think - hard to tell since it's coiled up. Any advice on what I can check to see where the bottleneck is would be appreciated. I didn't catch what tool the fios guy was using. I told them there was no chance of me cancelling, just maybe calling support and asking for a break on the price if the bottleneck is on their end and not mine. Thanks!Mathanse7 Aug 1
Aug 1 Will 64-bit OS deliver better FPS? Will the 64-bit Windows 10 improve the frame rate for WoW over the 32-bit version?Esanelle6 Aug 1
Aug 1 What do I need to run this game on ultra. System: AMD FX-4130 3.80GHz Quad-Core | AMD 760G Chipset | 8GB DDR3 | 1TB HDD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Pre-Installed Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT610 1GB Video Card | These are my current specs. I would like to know what I need to do to run this game on ultra.Ralatar9 Aug 1
Aug 1 Will this run WoW okay? I am thinking about getting a HP 3125 Notebook laptop E2-2000 1.75gHz, 8gb DDR3, 320GB HDD windows 10 video is Wrestler Radeon HD 7340Theoicty2 Aug 1
Aug 1 Time for a new PC or upgrade the current one? Current computer specs below. I am really not so much looking for ultra-performance, but rather a budget PC. WoW is about the only game I play and my hope is to be able to raid at 45+ FPS with the mid-range graphics settings. Currently on Legion beta I'm finding the raids to be pretty choppy, so it's time to change something. Is there just a couple of parts that I really need to upgrade, or is it time to just get a new PC? ---- CPU: AMD A10-6800 RAM: 10.0GB Motherboard: MSI 2AE0 Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8570 + 8670D Dual Graphics ---- If there's other info beyond that which would help, please let me know, I'm pretty computer illiterate.Launchedhey5 Aug 1
Aug 1 Upgrading Graphics Card - need suggestions Hey everyone, I have had my current graphics card for a while, and recently my monitors start randomly saying no signal until i restart the computer. my graphics card is pretty out-dated from my understanding anyways, so I am in the market for a new one. I am looking to spend, at absolute maximum, $250 and would like to run Legion (if possible) on 60fps ~ ultra settings as well as Overwatch at or above 120fps. My current specs are: Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3400 MHz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processors RAM: 8.00 GB Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series System Type: x64-based PC BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 0906, 9/17/2012 SMBIOS Version: 2.7 Any responses to this are greatly appreciated :)Thadept6 Aug 1
Aug 1 First Desktop PC I've been wanting to upgrade from my laptop to a desktop, but I have no idea where to start. I don't know if i should buy a prebuilt one or build it myself? I want to have it top of the line. Any advice would be appreciated and if you could say how much it would cost.Gronak5 Aug 1
Jul 31 Legion Ultra Can someone recommend me a build? and can I get an affordable one and one that would consider some saving. Please and thank you. I want to be able to run Legion on ultra in raids and also be able to stream at the same time.Audawn8 Jul 31
Jul 31 help improve my pc build for wow so as the title says I am looking to improve my pc for wow. my goal is to run wow at max settings with a 2k monitor . I am looking for as good of fps as I can get . so I already bought 2 gigabyte gtx 1080 extreme cards. being shipped. I am a big fan of the Samsung 950 pro m.2 my current build is i7 5930 asrock x99x killer 3.0 32gig ram @2400 2x radeon r9 390x Samsung 950 pro ssd so I know I clearly wasted my money blah blah blah so help me with a better build to perform in wow.Uthád4 Jul 31
Jul 31 Monitor recommendations I'm looking for a 27" or 32" monitor and probably 1440p for that size. I'm curious what some of the best ones to go with are for Games and equally movies. I kinda like the glossy screens and play mostly at night anyways, I rock nvidia if the gsync really makes that big of a deal And 4K doesn't seem like I'll be able to handle on a Gtx 970 Thanks allMadymae3 Jul 31
Jul 31 Mouse hesitation in raids only My mouse works fine in everything except when I,m in a raid.Its wireless-couple of years old.Its Logitech M510.Its always worked before in raids.It hesitates.I put in new batteries and adjusted speed.Anyone know if this is a common problem?Erexion0 Jul 31
Jul 31 $2k New PC running 40FPS on Ultra??? Just as the title says...I'm currently running 40FPS on Ultra settings in wow and i'm getting chops here and there. Not really a smooth picture. I'm also not running any addons, picture wallpaper (not slideshow), minimal processes, etc. Any insight to what I'm doing wrong here is greatly appreciated.... A list of my PC specs below. The GPU's are running xfired, not stand alone. Processor Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz Manufacturer Intel Speed 3.3 GHz Number of Cores 6 CPU ID BFEBFBFF000306F2 Family 06 Model 3F Stepping 2 Revision Memory RAM 32 GB Ripjaw Video Card Video Card ASUS Radeon (TM) RX 480 Series Manufacturer Chipset ASUS Radeon (TM) RX 480 Series Dedicated Memory 3.0 GB Total Memory 4.0 GB Pixel Shader Version Vertex Shader Version Hardware T & L Vendor ID 1002 Device 67DF Plug and Play ID VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_04A81043&REV_C7 Driver Version 16.300.0.0 Video Card #2 Video Card ASUS Radeon (TM) RX 480 Series Manufacturer Chipset ASUS Radeon (TM) RX 480 Series Dedicated Memory 3.0 GB Total Memory 4.0 GB Pixel Shader Version Vertex Shader Version Hardware T & L Vendor ID 1002 Device 67DF Plug and Play ID VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_04A81043&REV_C7 Driver Version 16.300.0.0 Operating System Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit Service Pack 0 Size 64-bit Edition Version 10.0.10586 Locale 0409 BIOS BIOS P.00 Version American Megatrends Inc. P.00 Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc. Date Sound Audio 1 Sound Device HD Webcam C615 Driver 13.80.853.0 Audio 2 Sound Device High Definition Audio Device Driver 10.0.10586.0 Audio 3 Sound Device Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset Driver 2.0.42.0 Audio 4 Sound Device AMD High Definition Audio Device Driver 10.0.0.3 Drives DVD ASUS DRW-24B1ST a CD ASUS DRW-24B1ST a Drive 1 Size 931.5 GB Free Memory 388.4 GB Drive 2 Size 558.4 GB Free Memory 387.0 GB Software Internet Explorer 11.494.10586.0 Chrome 51.0.2704.106 Firefox Safari Java Flash 18.0.0.203 DirectX 11.0 .NET 3.5.30729.4926 QuickTime Adobe PDF Reader 11.0.4.63Dipndòt31 Jul 31
Jul 31 gaming pc for 1440p hi guys! im buying a new gaming pc and want to be able to play legion at ultra settings in 1440p and possibly 4k in the near future. any help would be much appriciated. this is the spec of the pc im looking at getting CPU - Intel Core i7 6700K. Im willing to spend more on a Intel Core i7 6850K, but i read the 6700k is better for gaming? Motherboard - Gigabyte - GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Graphics card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070. Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) HDD - Seagate 3TB Desktop HDD SSD - Samsung 250GB SSD Case - NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower Power Supply - Corsair 850W HX850i High Performance Power Supply CPU Cooling - Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Cooler Operating System - Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit thanks for any help!Celairn4 Jul 31
Jul 30 Amd 8350 90% ele bill compared with i76800k Amd 8350 90% load (o/c) usage ele bill compared with the new i7-6800k load 17% (stock) while gaming. this past month I have already noticed a major saving after moving away from amd. I know it is not accurate to the dollar, but I know that I run the same things day in, day out here and my bill usage has dropped from 7.47kwh to 5.03kwh. What it means and why I had created such topic was that if anyone out there who is planning on switching, there are cost savings and if it means anything I do have more data.Iceacid8 Jul 30
Jul 30 Buying the Physical Collector's Edition It's happened to me for Overwatch and for Legion now: I LOVE, absolutely adore, owning the fancy boxes and getting the mousepad and the art book and whatever that comes with the physical Collector's Edition of Blizzard's games. Unfortunately however, I hate that when Blizzard is releasing some content before the official launch (like early access to the Demon Hunter for example), because I don't have that copy of the game linked to my account, I don't get to benefit. It feels like I'm being punished for spending the extra money and getting that awesome loot. I usually pre-purchase through Amazon, I tried to pre-Purchase from Blizzard themselves, but I couldn't find a way to pre-Purchase and still get the physical version as opposed to just the In-Game loot. If anyone knows if Blizzard has mentioned this or if there is already a way that I can around this issue, please let me know!Sithos4 Jul 30
Jul 30 What would you upgrade next? Here is my current system, and I'm trying to decide where to upgrade next. If this was you where would you drop your next couple hundred bucks on? OS-Win 10 64 Pro MOBO-EVGA P55 FTW CPU-Intel Core i7 875K MEMORY-16GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX GPU-EVGA GTX680 Classified 4GB DDR5 STORAGE-2 Samsung SSD 850 EVO- a 500GB and a 1TB I was eyeballing the GTX1080 but then im concerned my CPU will bottleneck me, I play mostly WoW and Diablo, and dabble in about 2 dozen different other games when I get bored, a few examples such as Dark Souls, Skyrim, Civillization V, CoD series, Fallout series. EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, even though these specs are below recommended for Legion, as of the prepatch I can run the new ULTRA 10 settings just fine with 40-60 FPS :) Still I would like to upgrade just because I can lol, and would like your suggestions.Romel6 Jul 30
Jul 30 Laptop for WoW I wanted to ask and see what people might think about this laptop here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ZG997I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=techneeqcom-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B015ZG997I&linkId=1a9912ab69960e9ae3c1f880dd44bcd0 I want to use it to play wow on medium to high graphics and also wanted to know. With this laptop should I be adding the extra 200 dollars for the 4gb VRAM and SSD or should I just go with the 2gb VRAM that is on the cheaper side and has no SSD. Not that this is really topic related, but is SSD and extra VRAM good to have for a laptop and also good for other applications if I so choose to use them on this laptop such as other games like CS:GO and LoL or graphic arts? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!Lustice1 Jul 30
Jul 30 What Monitors? I think I am finally going to go dual monitor. Looking for something in the 20"-25" range and preferably in the >$150 each range. Or do I just get a larger single screen that looks better? Current Screen: generic Gateway 22" 1680x1050 Video Card: GeForce GTX660 TiPasco1 Jul 30
Jul 30 Will this run WoW on ultra? I'm thinking about buying the Inspiron 15 7000 series from dell, and it has a i5 quad core processor with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5 GPU. Will this be enough to run WoW on ultra? Mind it has 8gb ram and a 1t hybrid HDD. I'm not very good with computers, so this is why I'm on the forums. Maybe a tech genius would help me out! Thanks <3Hotbox2 Jul 30
Jul 30 How good will this PC be? I currently use an HP Envy Laptop with Intel core i7 and Nvidia 840 and I'd like to switch over to a desktop. Does anyone know anything about this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/4826600.p?id=bb4826600&skuId=4826600 I heard i5 is fine for gaming. I am just starting to learn about computers. I will only be using this laptop for gaming and college work.Falgrem3 Jul 30
Jul 30 How will this run Legion? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016E80EKW/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER Looking to purchase a new PC for Legion under 1k not really computer savy, curious as to how well you guys think this would run Legion?Travix0 Jul 30
Jul 29 New PC, New Problems So...I just built my brand new PC and I'm already having issues. I'm running a budget build with Windows 10. I have 2 recurring problems. 1) the video driver keeps crashing. I'm assuming I just have to update the drivers to fix that. Also, it takes a couple of tries to get the PC started. Meaning I start it up and everything freezes so I have to restart. And 2) when I try to run the battle.net desktop app I get an error message saying that it cannot locate the game file and I have to reinstall WoW, which as you can imagine is super inconvenient. Anybody have any ideas? Once everything is up and running, it's smooth as butter, just getting it going seems to be the difficult part. My rig is as follows: MSI LGA 1151 Mobo Intel i3-6100 PNY GeForce GTX750 Corsair 430w PSU 2x4GB RAM Thanks in advance!Arooni5 Jul 29
Jul 29 i need help please! ok to start off with my laptop is running the following PROCESSOR- AMD A10-5757M APU eith Radeon HD Graphics 2.50 GHz RAM- 8.00GB (7.45 GB used) SYSTEM TYPE- 65-bit operating system, x64- based processor i bought this laptop right before HFC was released when i came back to wow after a 3 year break. since day one ive never been able to run the settings on nothing but the lowest it would go and turning off/down litteraly everything in advanced settings also...... i started raiding 20man mythics and my laptop abosuletly hated my face..... i was running only 2fps on any fight....after alot of debate we found out it was recount doing alot of that.... so i went to skada, but still no avail. i was able to run the mythic content but only at 5-8fps for encounters and trash..... but after the newest patch (pre-legion patch 7.0.3) ive got everything turned down to lowest settings again, but even just sitting in my garrison. its like the game is glitching almost everything is spikey. but my latency stays at 90ms for home and world while my fps is at 15-30 depending where im at....... can anyone help me boost my computers performance.... from what ive been told my laptop should be running wow fine even on normal settings but i cant get it to run fine on low settings....... thank you in advance!Ihätehealing0 Jul 29
Jul 29 Looking to upgrade my laptop Hey everyone. I made good money this summer, and I saved a lot of it, so I'm going to be purchasing a new laptop for WoW. I currently play on a 2011 macbook pro (I know, it sucks) but I think I'm going to purchase a MSI. This is what I have in mind "MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G 17" Intel Skylake i7-6820HK 16GB RAM 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD NVIDIA GTX 980M 8GB Full HD Blu-Ray Windows 10" Will I be able to run the game on ultra settings? My brother has a decent gaming laptop, and he can actually see more than 40 feet in front of him, unlike my mac and I lol. I don't really understand laptop specs that much, kind of new to all of this. Let me know what you guys think.Tunechii2 Jul 29
Jul 29 Thoughts on this build? Ive decided to build my own pc and move on from the toaster I have right now, budget is $1000-$1100, monitor and windows included. Someone recommended this build, was wondering what you guys thought about it CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock B150 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ARMOR OC Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit Monitor: Asus VN248H-P 23.8" MonitorAequitess1 Jul 29
Jul 29 Up date on app? Come on manNazert0 Jul 29
Jul 29 Hey blizzard update on app? Come on manNazert0 Jul 29
Jul 28 Upgrade for 2x290x? Any thoughts on whether it'd be worth upgrading my 2x290x (specifically Asus R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5) to a single card? It's my understanding that WoW still doesn't really support crossfire well. I got these cards initially to play using eyefinity across three 2560x1440 monitors, but I never actually ended up doing that (just play on one of the monitors instead). I'm thinking I might be able to sell the two 290x's to offset a lot of the cost of one new card - maybe one of the new nVidia cards? Would I see much of a benefit doing this? When I'm out running around in the world my frame rates are generally fine, but I do see every now and then random drops in very high pop areas or when there's a ton going on. Not sure what the bottleneck for my machine is. Basic machine info: Intel Core i7-4770K (3.5 GHz) Asus R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 (x2) G.Skill DDR3 PC3-19200 2400MHz (4x8GB) Asus Z87-PLUS motherboard Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD thanksDemoralizing11 Jul 28
Jul 28 Legion PC specs - Need advice I'll list the minimum and recommended specs for Legion, as well as a snippet of my dxdiag for your convenience. (Minimum Requirements:) Operating System: Windows® XP / Windows Vista® / Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 with latest service pack Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom™ II X3 720 Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 440 or AMD™ Radeon™ HD 5670 or Intel® HD Graphics 5000 Memory: 2 GB RAM Storage: 45 GB available hard drive space (Recommended Specifications:) Operating System: Windows® 10 64-bit with latest service pack Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3330, AMD™ FX-6300, or better Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 Ti or AMD™ Radeon™ R7 260X or better Memory: 4 GB RAM ------------------ ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 7/7/2016, 15:02:16 Machine name: Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160408-2045) Language: System Manufacturer: System Model: BIOS: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU K 655 @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM Page File: 2693MB used, 5487MB available Windows Dir: DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce GTX 750 Ti DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1380&SUBSYS_37573842&REV_A2 Display Memory: 4040 MB Dedicated Memory: 1992 MB Shared Memory: 2048 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: SMBX2450 Monitor Id: SAM0722 Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: HDMI Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.6822 (English) Driver Version: 10.18.13.6822 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 5/20/2016 01:01:55, 17236560 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-50C0-11CF-5441-5A171FC2C735} Vendor ID: 0x10DE Device ID: 0x1380 SubSys ID: 0x37573842 Revision ID: 0x00A2 Driver Strong Name: oem74.inf:NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section134:10.18.13.6822:pci\ven_10de&dev_1380 Rank Of Driver: 00E62001 My motherboard and processor, as you can see, are a bit dated. What would you recommend? Same motherboard and find a better processor that fits the 1156 socket? If so, which processor? New mobo and processor?Ishtoo5 Jul 28