Movies, TV and Entertainment

Jul 29 Who's interested in Doctor Strange? I'm not that big a movie theatre person anymore. My ears can't handle it when they blast audio so loud it could wake the dead halfway across the globe. I think I'll wait for it to come out on netflix or on dvd regardless. I heard of Doctor Strange from word-of-mouth but I want people's opinions before I do anything. Do people think, from seeing the trailers they've released so far, it's worth a watch? I am interested, then again I was interested in a lot of movies with promising looking trailers that ended up being flops.Khyrie3 Jul 29
Jul 29 Peaky blinders I recommend you guys watch this show, its on Netflix.. Amazing story, cast, and sceneryTrickzz0 Jul 29
Jul 28 Brith of the Joker *Killing Joke clip* I been waiting long time to hear Mark hamill portray Joker's insane laugh and its awsomeGhaghzull0 Jul 28
Jul 28 New outlast.... (leave a like)Sosadavinci0 Jul 28
Jul 28 Your Favorite Songs Five songs only, one song per artist. What are your favorites? Mine are: Mikasa - Veil of Maya The combination of unclean and clean vocals in this song are perfectly balanced, in my opinion. The chorus is absolutely entrancing, and the clean singer's voice during it is very powerful. Machine - Born of Osiris The message delivered in this song is one that I feel speaks to everyone, telling them to be themselves and embrace humanity. The message, along with superb guitar riffs, makes for a breathtaking song. Let Her Go - Passenger A song about losing the partner you love, in which way is up to the listener I suppose. A sort of love song, the simplicity Passenger gives this song is truly beautiful. Drowning - Abandonation A song by a fellow WoW player! The emotion Abandonation puts into this song about who we can assume is his father, is real. The life without a father he takes us through in this rap song touches my soul, personally. One in the Chamber - Famous Last Words This song hits home with me, but not for the reason most might identify with. It's sung from the point of view of an alcoholic and his accidental taking of a life, and his subsequent guilty and immense depression. It hits home with me because I know an alcoholic in my family.Mathanar3 Jul 28
Jul 27 Comic Aficionados. Marvel/DC/Image/Dark Horse First topic I've ever made but just curious are there any comic book readers or aficionados out there. I myself have been reading for over a decade and from various companies. Marvel, DC, IDW, Image, Dark Horse even Boom Studios.Jmanwarrior9 Jul 27
Jul 26 The song that predicted the future Interesting, they predicted the future... =ODanktankingz0 Jul 26
Jul 26 WoW/Spawn mashup! Ok, I'm not an artist in the slightest or else I would do this. One of you talented artistic types should totally sketch out a WoW/Spawn mashup. Think about it. Instead of Malbolgia you have Sargeras. You have a night elf Spawn with his iconic costume and chains but with some WoW inspired armor, maybe even some new demon hunter elements thrown in. You can have a dwarf clown, a laughing skull Orc hunter for Chapel, a gnome in one of they're machines for Overtkill, a blood elf paladin Angela, a human Palidin Redeemer. Come on! If you think about it this is just ripe for one of you deviantart wizards to conjure up! If some one does this you will have my internet respect forever! Also any other character mashup ideas?Kyden0 Jul 26
Jul 24 The three Jokers Who are the three Jokers? We know that there are three due to this: But who are they? We know absolutely nothing about the 1st Joker(aside from him possibly being the Pale Man mentioned in legends) and 2nd Joker we only know as the Red Hood but the 3rd Joker's identity is extremely obvious. Who knows Batman's name, is a complete nihilist, does not like being robbed of immortality, is all dark and calls himself the Devil? Dr. Hurt AKA Thomas Wayne the 1st!!! Obviously the guy must have been effected by Joker 1 or 2 outmaneuvering him with a banana peel and burying him in a coffin and since the guy wishes to break Bruce Wayne becoming Batman's Archnemesis was the perfect for him. What do we know about Dr. Hurt? Dr. Hurt himself claimed to be Bruce's father Thomas Wayne Sr. and had his wife assassinated which both Alfred and Bruce immediately rebuke without hesitation with Batman claiming he's the Thomas Wayne Jr. that was sent to Gotham's hospital which as it turns out is impossible as Thomas Wayne Jr. is in fact the leader of the Court of Owls and a separate character. Dr. Hurt also met the Bat God Barbatos who gave him immortality. In any case two of the Jokers each represent something associated with Batman: Joker 2(Red Hood) represents that one bad day that turned Batman into the man he is while Joker 3 is tied to the Wayne family legacy. Joker 1 on the other hand is a nobody who plays funny jokes for sheer comedy value despite breaking the law in the process and thus is nothing to Batman whatsoever other than an unsolvable mystery possibly being the Pale Man from Gotham's past decades if photos pointed out by Joker 3 are any indication. Should be noted that Jokers 1 and 2 are Colored Jokers while the 3rd is a more dangerous Black Joker. Considering Jokers come in groups of either 2 or 4 the fact that this group is 3 means that Gotham hasn't played it's 4th Joker AKA the 2nd Black Joker on Batman yet(Batman has already proven to be good enough to take on number 3 so Gotham has to bring Joker 4 out eventually). Of course Batman's knowledge of 3 of them may cause Gotham to desperately play the 4th Joker card to beat Batman bringing about events to create a 4th and most terrifying Joker. Considering that each Joker was colder than the last what are the chances that number 4 will be stoic and emotionless and more importantly a girl just to throw Batman off his game when he blindly assumes that that he's dealing with another Harley Quinn-like henchwoman?Yvenathilm5 Jul 24
Jul 23 Legendary . . why? Just . . why? Jul 23
Jul 23 Any math rock nerds play WoW?? New TTNG record came out like last week or so and I only just realized, favorite tracks: Henry's a little flat but fk it these arrangements are GOLD.Babypuke1 Jul 23
Jul 23 its a long shot: what is the youtube vid? Alrighty so I was talking to a co-worker and long story short I cannot remember this one warcraft youtube video where a pandaren goes "nooo, noooo, no please! nooo nooo" and I think a blood elf or maybe an orc death knight is trying to talk to the pandaren but they just keep going "nooo, noo please!" and then eventually just kill the pandaren. Does anybody have any idea what youtube video this is? I just can't find it and its driving me a bit nutty! D:Borklaser0 Jul 23
Jul 22 X-Men Apocalypse (Expect Spoilers) Opinions? Got home just a bit ago from seeing it and was amazingly impressed that we had ANOTHER X-Men film that didn't focus on Wolverine. He played a key role in the plot but was barely in it. I was surprised at how they inevitably defeated Apocalypse in the end. I still think that they really should cameo the original film actors like Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Famke Jannsen, Halle, etcetera.Amaer2 Jul 22
Jul 22 This is amazing. Go listen to this. It's fantastic.Darthan0 Jul 22
Jul 20 Misheard Lyrics? Ever listen to songs and mishear what the singer is trying to say? Puddle of Mudd - Blurry Actual lyrics: "This pain you gave to me!" Misheard: "Spidey gave to me!" What did Spiderman give you!? Aw! Come on, what's in the box!? What's in the $%^&ing box!? Five Finger Death Punch - Hate Me/Succubus Actual lyrics: "B$%^&!!!" Misheard: "BAAAAAAATS!!!" So I think about a bunch of vampire bats attacking the band.Razorik12 Jul 20
Jul 19 Delete please Doot dootBlaksmage2 Jul 19
Jul 18 Music Artists You've Recently Discovered For me, I listen mostly to metal, but I've found some pretty damn good bands so far, such as: Miss May I Veil of Maya August Burns Red Motionless in White What about you guys? Any gnarly music artists you've gotten into lately?Mathanar4 Jul 18
Jul 18 Duncan Jones talkes re Warcraft sequel Copied this from an interview online (the site is very messy with popups so I didn't link it): There may be a possibility of a "Warcraft" movie sequel now that the film is doing well in the international box office. Director Duncan Jones has revealed what story he wants to take on next. In an interview with Gizmodo, "Warcraft" movie director Duncan Jones talked about why some parts of the film deviate from the game's story set by Blizzard. Jones revealed that he wanted to simplify and streamline the plot for the medium "We're trying to make a film, which is a very different medium than a game, especially when you have twenty years to tell your story," he said. "Third, once in a while there's also the fact that it [something] would be cooler. But there's not too many of those." One of the changes is the fact that Dalarian, the home of magic in Azeroth, is floating. Jones decided to have it floating in the "Warcraft" movie because it looks cooler. When asked why the film did not end with the fall of Stormwind, Jones admitted that the team felt as if they already had so much going on. He did reveal, though, that Stormwind's fall may be featured in the "Warcraft" movie sequel. "The idea of showing a conflict from both sides; that's what really appealed to me," he told The Verge. "Trying to allow the audience to empathize with characters who, from their point of view, are doing the right thing. I just find that interesting." Another story that could be featured in the "Warcraft" movie sequel is about the Lich King. This would include the events of "Warcraft 3," with the rise and fall of Arthas as he turns to the iconic villain. "I would love to see Lich King," Jones said. "You know, I would love to see these other things. I would love to see someone else tell those stories so that I could watch them as a fan."Liovatar12 Jul 18
Jul 17 Warcraft Movie - Help me find this music :) ***WARCRAFT MOVIE AND NOVELIZATION SPOILER ALERT*** In the film, during the scene where Durotan and Gul'dan fight to the death in Mok'gora; there is a lovely composition with tribal vocals and a moving crescendo culminating with Durotans death, and reprising through to Orgims plea to the surrounding Orcs. I cannot find this piece on the official film score (which is available on Spotify). I could just be missing it, as the tracks are not in chronological order with the film; but it also may be one of those oversights publishers often chose not to release on the commercial album. If that is the case, I'd be interested in any news regarding the potential for a full score release. There are several YouTube clips that have portions of the piece (I would post them, but they are obviously from pirated footage), but none with the entire piece. Thanks in advance :)Lenhania2 Jul 17
Jul 17 Tauren Chieftains Music Having just rewatched the closing ceremonies of Blizzcon '11 for the third time just to see L90ETC / TAFKAL80ETC / TAFKATAFKAL80ETC (take your pick of the name), I have to beg the question. Can we please have an official album? I own all the released Blizzard albums to date, and I would love to ROCK out Horde style in the car. Hell, I'd be happy with an Itunes or another mp3 download option if a producing a physical product is out of the question. And in regards to the most important thing for a band being the shirt. Sign me up for two! FOR THE HORDE! Cudgel8 Jul 17
Jul 16 Yoga Mats SO I have to clean my mat as it's real nasty...I was thinking about dunking it into my swimming pool for a few minutes. Anyone know if it works? I'm going to try it anyway lolAdanessa0 Jul 16
Jul 16 Swiss Army Man Go see it.Southrnrebel0 Jul 16
Jul 16 Just wondering. Why did so many critics deny the Movie and shoot it down? I know they are critics and they probably dont even know the lore. But !@#$%^-it i thought it was the best movie ive seen in awhile. Im glad i listened to the players and watch it even though it got pulled from my theatre so quick. Here i am now hoping for a sequal and many more but not as long they took on this to make. I remember in tbc when people wanted a movie and it took this long.Belletta3 Jul 16
Jul 15 live radio in world of warcraft game Hello wow team. A ideal pop up while I was at work. Would it be a neat ideal for a live talk and music show in the game. About wow news and helping the fans out while there playing in the game. And have other guests on the live show talking about there life in wow. And blizzcon2015 or earlier on the show. I just went to bring it up. Thank you.Carabecky2 Jul 15
Jul 13 Streamer shadiness featuring PewDiePie Enjoy. Article text quoted here: ...Mvura7 Jul 13
Jul 12 Melodic, atmospheric, death metal anyone? Hey guys, my band The Odious Construct just released our ep, and we've only heard good things so far! If youre into Death metal FFO inferi, irreversible mechanism, things like that, then you might like us! Thanks for checkin us out and enjoy! :D:DBlacknsippin1 Jul 12
Jul 11 New Berserk So I'm sure some of you enterprising weeaboos have seen the new CG filled Berserk. If so what are your thoughts about it? I myself was hesitant about it at first but the more I watched it the strange sketch CG style caught my eye more. The one thing I do need though is I cannot wait for the full Hai Yo song. The new intro song might be weird but hey at least its not proot yur grasses on.Griffith2 Jul 11
Jul 10 Steampunk Songs, Art, and Items of Interest Been working on some short stories for a project I'm working on and some of them have Steampunk elements so I've found some inspirational Steampunk Items of Interest and decided to share them in case anyone might find them fun and useful. First up is a Steampunk Song Collection that I stumbled upon on Youtube; I love having this music on in the background while I'm working on my characters and stories: Next up is a site filled with great art and some crafty DIY works, amazing how they turn plastic toys into great looking Steampunk Works: and I'll have to remember to search Pinterest for Steampunk DIY Costumes and such come Halloween... I greatly enjoy watching Face Off on the Sci Fy channel, the contest show where a group of special FX artists competes against each other til there is a winner. Love the displays of Imagination shown with each episode. Well, turns out Hulu has a similar show but with the focus on Steampunk and the first 3 episodes are free to watch for those of you interested: I did a search for Steampunk short stories so that I can get a feel for the style and descriptions and such for the genre, and found one that I enjoyed. I tend to write more action-based stories, but even though this one is more about affairs of the heart I still enjoyed it: I also bought a couple of books from Amazon that should be coming in this week. And lastly, while I was looking at the Steampunk Anime art on Pinterest, one of the series of art led me to a comic titled Lady Mechanika. The #0 issue is free and can be read at Well... that about covers it. Hope you find some of these items fun and inspirational. Enjoy, MekkaMekkaforge0 Jul 10
Jul 9 Music Sharing Thread Just thought I'd start a thread for people to share some of the music we all listen to when WoW-ing it up, or whatever games we happen to play. I'll start us off with an oldy but goody. Jul 9
Jul 9 deleting thread deleting threadDesius0 Jul 9
Jul 9 Old songs Epi linked this to me: "We didn't start the fire" was an awesome song. Makes me wonder what everyone really likes as an older song. I personally like: (my parents wedding song) But my personal favorite is: What is yours?Jugaa14 Jul 9
Jul 8 The Best of Hydra Premades For those who are interested in really getting to know what Hydra Premades is about we invite you to view our compilation of videos of Hydra in action in Alterac Valley against other premades and nightly forays into the snowy valley! Enjoy: Jul 8
Jul 6 Spider-Man Off the Wall If you enjoy abridged series or anything by Team Fourstar, you'll likely get a kick out of this! My friends did the voice-over work for this. Freaking hilarious!Razorik0 Jul 6
Jul 4 Where is Eminem now? What ever happened to him. Don't hear much about him at all in 2016.Evilock1 Jul 4
Jul 2 I discovered Rick and Morty last week Greatest. Cartoon. Ever.Valados29 Jul 2
Jun 29 The next Warcraft movie If I could do a Khadgar, wave my hands and magic myself into being able to whisper in the ears of the next Warcraft movie producers, these are the thoughts I’d offer them: * look beyond the cgi* While the effects in the first film were impressive, you need to remember that pretty cgi does not a great film make. Think of the third Transformers movie – great fx, dreadful film. Likewise, consider Lord of the Rings – a superb balance of effects and live action. The Orcs in the film were amazing, but don’t let that film magic blind you to what is really important. * environment* Look beyond the elegant sets and make more use of live real world filming. Yes, Stormwind was awesome, the Lions Pride Inn was wonderful, but Azeroth needs a sense of reality as well as fantasy to make it feel less plastic. To draw on the LotR experience again – New Zealand provided wonderful landscapes for the films that increased the sense of being in a living world. Make Azeroth come alive – it’s the reason to want to see the films, to become… that world as if it were real. *storyline* Get some really excellent writers onboard and listen to them. Have them not only improve the dialogue (to give the actors something to work with) but ensure your story is logical and sound. An example from the first film that annoyed me – the last fight before the portal. People rightly point out that having a thin line of human fighters hold back the mass of the Horde when before one or two could take out a whole party was bad story telling. (Even their boomsticks wouldn’t have held back a determined Orc charge.) It would have been a simple matter to introduce, say, a couple of lower level mages into the story earlier who could have stood behind the line holding up defensive shields long enough for the bulk of people to get through, but being eventually targeted and killed. Your audience is not stupid, they WILL see the plotholes, and to pretend they won’t is bad planning at best, stupidity at worst. You also need to write it in a way that engages the interest of the audience in the characters and their fate. And do it legitimately. Creating a son for Lothar just so you can kill him as a tear jerker moment isn’t good enough. *casting* Your casting for the first film wasn’t too bad, but you need at least one (preferably two) REALLY good actors for future films. Presuming that Terenas Menethill is in the next film, that would be a perfect opportunity to get some sort of middling-to-large name actor to fill that role. There are a lot of decent older actors out there who would be happy to earn a good payday to be in the film. Peter Jackson managed to get Sir Ian McKellen for Gandalf. Try harder. *Other thoughts* Just a personal wish – I’d love to have had a movie song, similar to what was done for LotR and other fantasy films. It might not have worked, I dunno, but at least it would have been nice end title music. WoW has some exquisite music in it (thinking of Northrend here), so there is plenty of precedent for that. Try to slide in a little more background information for those not familiar with the game. You can do it in dialogue, in flashback, with someone reading a book, whatever. It may be stating the obvious, but not everyone who sees the films will know about the game, even if its only relatives of gamers who go along to the theatre. Azeroth is a wonderful creation, full of fabulous events, characters and places. If you do it right, you can really bring it to life in a way for all of us to be proud of.Liovatar1 Jun 29
Jun 29 Who is this new retro girl? I have to know. She looks hot!Elasti2 Jun 29
Jun 29 Winter has come.... ...and The Unburnt Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and of the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons is coming! Kneel.Dliver34 Jun 29
Jun 28 Horror Fans I love horror movies, shows and books. I even like the cheesy movies ( watching candyman now).and I like the old black and white movies. I really do not have a favorite movie but I like supernatural theme movies better than slasher one although I still like them, scream being the exception. Favorite show is the walking dead. Fear the walking dead is not as good. Favorite books are from Stephen King, Brian keene, Dean koontz and a few others. Older stuff I like H.P Lovecraft and Poe. How about you ?Salome4 Jun 28
Jun 27 Finding Dory crushes Independence Day Finding Dory estimated at $75.4M Independence Day estimated at $43.4M Warcraft dropped out of the top ten in less than 2 weeks and is expected to be pulled from the U.S. market next week.Henrymccarty46 Jun 27
Jun 27 Game of Thrones Season Finale Hype Yes. All the yes.Kelarica1 Jun 27
Jun 27 Wanna Talk about TV (Domestic and Foreign)? These are the shows I watch, anyone into these? Masterchef Australia Preacher Big Brother UK Orange is the New Black Alone The Secret Life of Kittens (UK) (<o.o>) don't hate me, it's cute overload Re-watching Classic X-Files Edit: Stuff I watch that is on hiatus: Shameless (US) I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here (UK and AU versions both) Better Call Saul Big Bang Theory (this is getting really stale tho...) 2 Broke Girls Britain's Got TalentBreakbeat2 Jun 27
Jun 26 RIP Chekov :cHacksign20 Jun 26
Jun 26 Gold Points Are A Toon's Best Friend Play this: (Moulin Rouge cover of 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend') While reading this: Roleplayers are glad to fight for lore. Pvper’s delight in fighting duels. But I prefer a mob who dies, and drops expensive lewtz. A boost to XP may be quite oriental, but gold points are a toon’s best friend. A cheev may be grand, but it won't pay the rental on your Sims 3 flat, or help you buy your black jade cat. Games grow cold as content grows old, and we all end up bored in the end But hole drilled or round shaped these coins don’t lose their shape. Gold points are a toon’s best friend. POE’s! (Musical interlude) ISK! (Musical interlude) Cause we are living in a virtual world, and I am a virtual girl. Come and get me boss. Ow~! Gil, Caps, Bell, Zorkmid, Talk to me Tiber Septim, tell me all about it! There may come a time when a class needs a level. (Backup) But gold points are a toon’s best friend. There may come a time when an NPC employer. (Back up) Thinks that you’re the best. But pay a chest or else no quest! (Backup) Mats are fine when prices are high, but beware when they start to descend (Back Up) Gold points are a toon’s best, (Back Up) Gold points are a toon’s best, (Back Up) Gold points are a toon’s best friend! (Musical Interlude) ‘Cause that’s when day traders Turn back into raiders! Gold points! Are a! Toon’s! Best! Friend! ((I'd like to dedicate these lyrics to all the bank alts, auctioneers, gold diggers, money-grinders, and every other player completely devoted to cold, hard, digital funny-money.))Degears0 Jun 26
Jun 25 LF an ancient greek mythology movie Saw an imax 3d movie a while ago 4-5 years ago rougly, took place in an ancient greek mythology setting. One major scene I remember there were 2 or 3 gods/guardians and one of them disobeyed by helping the mortal to survive during a fight and that guardian/god/angel got killed for it. I might be wrong but it may have been associated with 300 (Spartans) or a similar director but the action was familiar like it. Any help is appreciatedHeädhunter5 Jun 25
Jun 24 shake and bake down the lake. this needs to be a movie. starring Robert Downy as the rower.Daesai0 Jun 24
Jun 24 game of thrones was soo good today omg what did you guys think?Timelørd16 Jun 24
Jun 23 My Char's Eyes in Model Viewer aren't showing Whenever I try taking a picture of the character i made in WoW Model Viewer doing the EmoteTalkQuestion [150] animation, its eyes are always shut for some reason. anyone got an answer as to why?Hergabbyness0 Jun 23
Jun 22 Older Khadgar/movie One of the things I would love to have seen in the movie is Khadgar's ageing during the fight with Medivh. I'm not insanely set on the movies following lore, but this particular Khadgar even struck a chord with me in the game history. So, fiddling with Paint Shop, using my not terribly fantastic skills, I did this image of what he SHOULD have looked a bit like at the end of the film: Jun 22
Jun 22 Jon Snow is Leeroy I couldn't resist :( Spoiler for GoT season 6 episode 9Zhae0 Jun 22