Pet Battles

Dec 25, 2013 Crawling Claw / Archaeology Question If I'm hoping to get the Crawling Claw from Archaeology, is it quicker to do Kalimdor digsites or do Panadaria digsites and swap artifacts for fragments?Madoff2 Dec 25, 2013
Dec 25, 2013 Pet treats Do the bonuses still stack? the 25% and 50% xp buff plus the hat?Alissah1 Dec 25, 2013
Dec 25, 2013 Pet Battle Queue Questions Can anyone explain how the pet battle queues actually work? I know there has to be more than a couple people at any given time playing pet battles, but I have queued up against the same person for like 20 games in a row, multiple times. It would seem to me one of two things. Either the pet queues are linked to a very small pool of players to draw from (like the players on one server) or the pet queues are very tiny because nobody is doing pet battles. I am sure other players have had the same thing happen to them as well. Does anyone know of a way for a bit more randomization? Situation = Either I repeatedly beat the same person (and yes, when they have named pets or the same team over and over again, it's easy to tell) or they beat me. I seems like there should be a better way to run the queues to avoid this. Or is it really that unpopular?Detrio0 Dec 25, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 I need 3 humanoid battle stones.... .... can trade for any other typeWarla1 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 WTT Ethereal Soul-Trader (Complete) Made the trade for a Cub and Kite. Thanks to the person who contacted me!Artemis5 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 Clockwork's "Build Turret" not doing damage My level 24 Clockwork Gnome's "Build Turret" is only doing 4 damage per hit against a world trainer's level 25 pet. I'm quite sure it used to do heaps more. Anyone know why it's not doing proper damage? Screen shot: http://tinypic.com/r/vxoyl0/5Telgara5 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 WTB Darkmoon Rabbit Must be willing to trade on Uther. Btag: tlynn#1924Alissah4 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 WTB Viscous Horror WTB Viscous Horror please let me know your price and I'll get back to you ASAP, thanks.Draico0 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 I have a spare Rotten Helper... ... anyone got a spare raid pet? (kovok, gooey shaling, bombguy) BTag: Darky#1885Warla11 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 This happening to others ? Not sure if this should go here or in the bug forum ? I've only just started rumbling with pets for something different to do. I've found it quite enjoyable except for one thing, whenever a pet uses a special flying ability, for example: - Swamp Moth using cocoon strike; or - Dark Whelping using Lift Off; the game frequently (not always) freezes. Sometimes it recovers after about 30 seconds and other times I have to log out to clear it. Is this a known bug or is it just me ? Is there anyway around it ?Lymeric8 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 crawling claw trade Would like to trade my crawling claw for any pet or pets I don't have yet. #Daisy1331Daisyboo2 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 WTT for magic stone WTT magic stone for flying, ele or dragon stoneDorik2 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 Best Breed for Kovok? Thinking about picking one up off the AH, since I hate doing LFR. Any advice on which breed I should go for? Thanks.Caelilith2 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 Deflection vs Magma Trap Deflection 3 Round Cooldown Avoids enemy attacks made during the round it is used. This ability always goes first. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Magma Trap 5 Round Cooldown 100% Hit Chance Places a magma trap onto the ground. Opponents have a chance to trigger the trap each time they attack. When the opponent triggers the trap, they will take 394 Elemental damage and be unable to attack for 1 round. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I saw it several times: when I am using Deflection, Magma Trap is activated and a pet is stunned. So... Deflection is an "always goes first" ability and is not an "attack" ability. Why Deflection is slower than Magma Trap?Kiamato3 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 Snowy Owl thread # 1,534,654.5 So, in regards to our wintery friend... I'm assuming that we won't see any spawning 'til 12am PST (which would be 3am EST, my time)?Luthorien34 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 Good class for pet collectors? If my primary interest is collecting pets, what would be a good class to play? I'm thinking that I'd want a class that is (a) good at soloing new and old PvE content, and (b) can heal or tank for quicker/easier access to raids. I don't have tons of gold so I can't just buy all the non-BoP pets. Thoughts?Madoff22 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 WTT 2 flawless for a daily! Looking for a realm where the daily quest 'rock lover' is available. Must be Alliance =) Much thanks! Add Nibble#1887Axelle4 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 Pet lost rare quality I was wondering if this is a bug or is there a reason a rare infinite whelpling of mine suddenly become uncommon? thanksShadowminion1 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 23, 2013 Mechanical Chicken I have completed this quest years ago when it used to take up bag space, can I submit a ticket to get this pet applied to my pet journal? thanksPimli5 Dec 23, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Need a Rotten Helper.. .. i have plenty Upgrade Stones for Trade or doubles from island like dandelion, macabre marionettes etc... BTag: Darky#1885Warla0 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 WTT Rocket chicken for a TCG mount Title says all !! I am willing to trade for any TCG mount . I also have other random pets for trade. add me L1fted#1974. Been trying to get rid of this thing for awhile nowOutplayed7 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Why I love pet battlers. My source of income on the game is by leveling other peoples' pets. I charge 500g a pet, for any level. I've made almost 10k so far in my first week of trying this out. Not because I've leveled 20 pets, but because I've leveled about 7 and 3 more atm. The math doesn't add up? Yeah its because people tip like 2k and 3k. So to all those who buy my services I thank, you're my only income besides selling sky golems :) And I think you're neat :)Kataklusmos5 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Qiraji Guardling breed I have 3 Guardlings; P/P, S/S and H/H and wondering which breed is worth stoning. It is my last Humanoid to upgrade and I don't really need duplicates of this pet. I think most people do P/P for PVE and S/S for PVP?Aurlune2 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Seeking help to catch an Unborn Val'kyr Hello all. I've recently come back to the game and saw the Unborn Val'kyr pet. I have to admit that I have fallen in love with it and it would be the perfect pet for my priest. Sadly on Stormrage, all the spawn points are heavily camped.... add that to CRZ: you get the idea. I would be so thankful if someone could help me catch one or even group with me on a non-crz realm so that I can run all her spawn areas. Thanks in advance for your help. Btag removed... pet found :)Livara5 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Flurry, 100% hit, miss Flurry 100% Hit Chance Rapidly strikes at the enemy 1-2 times, dealing 140 Critter damage per hit. Hits an additional time if the user is faster than the enemy. ======================================================== Stitched Pup vs Frog There were not: Sandstorm, Darkness, Blinding Poison etc. 3x Flurry: 3x hits and 3x misses http://i.imgur.com/e0vkfJZ.jpg?1Kiamato3 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 WTT for Rotten Helper and Lumpy ive got 2x jadefire spirits 1X ominous flame 5X Dandelion Frolickers ill trade all of these pets for them, Equipaje#1101Equipaje2 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 New feature I'd like to see... It's a tiny feature, but it's something I'd like. I'd like the ability to choose which pet to swap to with the number keys.Daiyuu2 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Hello Friends with Feline F/ and Darkmoon cub I request aid! But in all seriousness. If anyone has either of these pets and would trade them to me to allow me to get credit for my Crazy cat lady/man acheiv/title I would be endebted to you. I have a Marked Flawless stone I would offer for your help or gold if you're on Bleeding hollow/Horde. Or I could give you pets?? I would love to have my achievment and if anyone could help I'd very much appreciate the help! B-tag is Kataklusmos#1943Kataklusmos5 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Anyone wanna recommend me some pets to level? I need 8 more for Pro Pet Mob. I leveled ones for the tournament and a bunch I personally like, but I'm baffled now. I guess I could level all the pets near 25 to 25 but that's kind of boring. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Ripley/pet#status=is-collected I'm lacking critters mostly. or just post your favorite or random pet !Ripley2 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Is the Rotten Little Helper supposed to fly? I noticed he mounts a reindeer if you get on a mount, but doesn't actually fly with you and instead disappears. Aren't Christmas reindeer supposed to fly? Why can't he fly? :(Ripley1 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Water Dragonkin companion Can we get one please? Thank you.Daiyu0 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Tooltip error for Crow ability "Murder" The last line of the tooltip for the Murder ability found on crows says: "Swarm continues for 3 rounds" That probably wants to be "Murder continues for 3 rounds"Sotheby1 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Dont know who my 3rd pet will be !! Read !! Hi, i am making a team With Lil Ragnaros and Unborn Val'kyr.I have no idea who i the 3rd pet should be xD, Im think of Jademist Dancer or Death Adder Hatching ( What one of them is better btw ) xD, if there are any better battle pets to go with my team let me know :DSwiftphantom4 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 I Am Quitting Pet Battles, Blizzard After facing so many Death Adder Hatchlings and Unborn Val'kyrs this morning, I've decided to quit pet battles. Please refrain from insulting me in this forum. I had so much fun with the concept (...a game is supposed to be fun right?) until reaching top end PvP and realizing there is no autonomy or choice to pet battles. You must use "x"and "y" to counter "z" and all three of those variables are a very small list of pets that consume the majority of 25 PvPing. It's upsetting and the amount of time I have to spend growing my battle base large enough to decrease leveling time is already too much grinding. Blizzard, you have lost someone who truly loved this system because he is sick of very little creativity required at the end of the game. The only time I could express my creativity fully was choosing my first three pets to level when I only had level 1s. Those were my best memories. It was also the only time I felt attached to any pets... which is sad when they're labeled "companions." Maybe I roleplay too much, or maybe there is really something wrong here. Either way, I appreciate the forums for being so helpful and kind (for the most part). I've already made some amazing friends. See ya around, friends. - BoomBoombawks48 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 WTT for Ruby Droplet or Kovok I don't have anything particularly rare but have quite a few i'm willing to trade. The pets i have to offer include: Lesser Voidcaller Pandaren Water Spirit Menagerie Custodian Mini Mindslayer Enchanted Broom Black Tabby and various winter veil or children's week pets I also have aquatic humanoid and dragonkin battle stones to offer Add Soniel#1640 if you want to make a deal for one or more of these.Hadgarger0 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 22, 2013 Why does second critter change rarity?? Howdy! I am fairly new to pet battles (just leveled my first three to 15) and I am seeing something that doesnt make sense to me. When I am out in the wild and find a critter to do battle with, I often see the second critter's rarity change. For example, I am in EPL right now and battling rats, fawns, maggots, etc. I start a battle with a black rat and a scropid joins as the second opponent. Almost every match I see the second opponent showing as uncommon or rare, but then it changes to common or poor. What is going on here? I've been hunting a rare scorpid and this scenario just happened. The scorpid was the second opponent and it was clearly a blue outline on his icon before it flashed to gray. Whaddupwitday? ThanksVelizar2 Dec 22, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Lesson from Hearthstone? So I'm sure some of you are in the new Hearthstone beta. Or at least have seen it. Its pretty cool, and one of the things it gets right is communication. Its nice to be able to thank someone, say oops when you mess up, and tell someone it was a good game. I didn't realize how much I was missing this feature in pvp pet battles until I saw it there. Wouldn't it be nice to have a few dialogue options while pet battling to communicate some basic emotions or concepts (like "just a second" or "you miserable jerk, I hate your triple unborn Valkyr team")Slepnir9 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Celestial Tournament Guide I see alot of people still asking about the tournament or specific fights in the tournament. I used this guide the first week it came out, it told me which pets to have leveled and how to beat each specific boss. I haven't seen it posted here , so I thought I'd toss in a link so people don't pull their hair out over the tournament. All credit for the guide goes to the creator. http://battlepetroundup.com/2013/09/09/celestial-tournament-roundup/Leiden3 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Is my battle pet combo ridiculous? I just started trying battle pets and so far the combo I put together seems to be working. Kinda like two tough pets and one healer. They are only level 19 right now. I have a feeling I will have a problem in the future.Jill0 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Rotten helper can come from Grinch daily! Even though http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11941670/The_Feast_of_Winter_Veil_Begins_December_16-12_13_2013 states the rotten helper box comes from the Gaily wrapped present (available Christmas day), it actually comes from the daily greench quest. So don't wait for a chance at it from the gaily present, get on those alts and spam the daily present!Ryken86 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Best pets vs Elemental What are the best battle pets vs elementals?Ferpa7 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Closed Hello all, I'm looking to trade my Dragon Kite (S/S) lv 25 for a Spectral Cub. I will throw in a few extra pets, in order to sweeten the deal. If interested, leave your bnet and we will chat in game.Artemis5 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 So Haunt was ninja nerfed today? So this morning I was running pvp games and Haunt was working fine.... I get home this evening and unborn valk no longer comes back to life after haunt? Did I miss a memo here? Oh and for the record... 2 humans, 1 beast , but when they died... valk didn't come back...Phrawstitute10 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 New to pet battling, need some help. Hey guys, so as the title says I really need help with this whole pet battling thing. My main problem is I just can't figure out which pets I should level to 25 first and what pets combo well together. Ive tryed coming up with a few teams so far on my own and they've all been pretty terrible lol. So do you guys have any good suggestions? Like is there any really good starter pet comps you guys can think of for a beginner? Also is there any pets I should really be on the lookout for in the wild or up on the AH? Thanks in advance :)Zarkhon6 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Help for a returning pet battler? So I used to run a Lightning team before the nerf, but due to the fact that I quit the game (for about 5 months) and am now back. I'm sure there's A LOT I've missed. What's crazy right now? What's considered the "OP" pet comp? When I left, it was Direhorns. (Not asking so I can use it, asking so I can keep an eye out.) As for my new team, I'm still really fond of my little Val'kyr, she's adorable. And I really like that new pet, Ruby Droplet. Thing is a damn Blood Elemental. Is there a 3rd pet that would make these two function well together? Also, what build should I go for on the Droplet? I was thinking H/H or H/S. Maybe even H/P for bigger Absorb heals. EDIT: Also buying a droplet, because the spawn is mercilessly camped on my realm. No idea what they go for or if you can even sell them, as none are up on my AH.Vantael11 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 A night of PvP (27 battles) So, I went down my Pet Journal and decided just to use them in order. That means, using PVE teams and accidental teams and *whatever* abilities they already have on them, with no switching. Just for fun. I'm down to my last 20 or so wins til Trainer so I'm just messing around having fun. It's anecdotal evidence, but interesting outcomes all the same: (the teams I used are listed first) ------------------------------------------------------------ Battle 1 Murkalot Blackfuse Bombling Fossilized Raptor vs. Zandalari Kneebiter Sunreaver Micro-Sentry Jade Oozeling Outcome: Loss due to crit on last round, bummer! ----- Battle 2: Zandalari Kneebiter Golden Pig Clockwork Gnome vs. Sunreaver Micro-Sentry Menagerie Custodian Softshell Snapling Outcome: Victory! ------ Battle 3: Scooter the Snail Darkmoon Zeppelin Golden Pig vs. Same team above Outcome: Loss! ------- Battle 4: Emerald Proto-Whelp Silver Pig Darkmoon Tonk vs. Gahzrooki Kovok Anubisath Idol Outcome: Loss! ------ Battle 5: Anubisath Idol Snarly Rotten Little Helper vs. Unborn Val'kyr Elfin Rabbit Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot Outcome: Victory! ------- Battle 6: Snarly Amber Moth Mana Wyrmling vs. Same team Outcome: Victory! ------- Battle 7: Red Cricket Tranquil Mechanical Yeti Hyacinth Macaw vs. Same team Outcome: Victory! ------- Battle 8: Imperial Eagle Chick Emerald Proto-Whelp Creepy Crate vs. Emperor Crab Nordrassil Wisp Lil' Ragnaros Outcome: Victory ---------- Battle 9: Darkmoon Zeppelin Chrominius Jade Tiger vs. Ashwing Moth Clockwork Gnome Death Talon Whelpguard Outcome: Victory (forfeit by opponent) --------- Battle 10: Chuck Eternal Strider Darkmoon Tonk vs. Nether Faerie Dragon Core Hound Pup Spirit Crab Outcome: Loss (was bummed, Pump missed. :/) ------------ Battle 11: Emerald Proto-Whelp Bombay Cat Amber Moth vs. Enchanted Broom Crawling Claw Alpine Hare Outcome: Loss ---------- Battle 12: Blighted Squirrel Corefire Imp Cogblade Raptor vs. Emperor Crab Fel Flame (uncommon quality) Murkalot Outcome: Loss ------- Battle 13: Murkalot Alterac Brew Pup Amethyst Spiderling vs. Alpine Hare Sunreaver Micro-Sentry Anubisath Idol Outcome: Loss -------- Battle 15: Unborn Val'kyr Pandaren Water Spirit Chrominius vs. Soul of the Aspects Lil' Ragnaros Anubisath Idol Outcome: Loss -------- Battle 16: 2x Nexus Whelplings Tiny Blue Carp vs. Anubisath Idol Lil' Ragnaros Nether Faerie Dragon Outcome: Loss ----------- Battle 17: Chrominius Ghaz'rooki Jademist Dancer vs. Blighthawk Chrominius Infinite Whelpling Outcome: Loss --------- Battle 18: Alpine Hare Spirebound Crab Lil' Bad Wolf vs. Sunreaver Micro-Sentry Menagerie Custodian Softshell Snapling Outcome: Victory ---------- Battle 19: Infinite Whelpling Lil' Bling Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling vs. Enchanted Broom Crawling Claw Alpine Hare Outcome: Loss ------- Battle 20: Terrible Turnip Tito Nightsaber Cub vs. Magical Crawdad Baby Blizzard Bear Onyxian Whelpling Outcome: Loss -------- Battle 21: Shrine Fly Speedy Fiendish Imp vs. Onyxian Whelpling Lil' Deathwing Panther Cub Outcome: Loss -------- Battle 22: Magical Crawdad Anubisath Idol Unborn Val'kyr vs. Zandalari Anklerender Wild Golden Hatchling Clockwork Gnome Outcome: Victory --------- Battle 23: Tainted Waveling Searing Scorchling Frigid Frostling vs. Stunted Direhorn Pygmy Direhorn Son of Animus Outcome: Victory (this was a great feeling!) Battle 24: Son of Animus Skunky Alemental Jademist Dancer vs. Grinder Anubisath Idol Szechuan Chicken Outcome: Victory -------------- Battle 24: 2x Infinite Whelpling Netherwhelp vs. Anubisath Idol Emerald Proto-Whelp Toxic Wasteling Outcome: Victory ----- Battle 25: Clockwork Gnome Scourged Whelpling Corefire Imp vs. Murkalot Kun-Lai Runt Mini-Thor Outcome: Victory --------- Battle 26: Unborn Val'kyr Murkalot Stitched Pup vs. Lil' Deathwing Onyxian Whelpling Panther Cub Outcome: Victory ------ Battle 27: Rotten Little Helper Frigid Frostling Tiny Snowman vs. Plains Monitor Infinite Whelpling Sinister Squashling Outcome: VictoryChibimage8 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Stealth buff to Celestial Tournament? Just wondering if it's been harder for anyone else this week? Am I just supremely unlucky this week? Normally the trainers are all one-shots for me. My tried and true teams against them are taking a few tries each time (dumb RNG, misses, surprise crits, etc) particularly Shademaster Kiryn.Anisadora22 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Strand Crabs I took a sabbatical from the game for a while and came back on a (now) level 37 Pandoran Monk and really enjoy the Pet Battles... However... for the LIFE of me, I cannot catch a Strand Crab from Stranglethron, I can catch ANY other pet out there but these little F'rs are illusive. Their renew and shield abilities make them great pets however whenever I try and trap them (literally over 50 times now..) My trap "Misses" .... am I just doing something wrong? Please school me here.... ... Pets: Clockwork Rocket Bot: level 6 Panther Cub: Level 6 Obsidien Hatchling: Level 6 Am I just not understanding the concept? Are my pets too low? Like I said, it seems I can catch any other pet up to and including Stranglethorn EXCEPT these little guys... the trap always "misses"...Dreman3 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 WTT: LV25 Crawling Claw for Vial of the Sands I am trading a Level 25 Crawling Claw for a Vial of the Sands on any server. I will also throw in a Level 25 Magical Crawdad.Hututurutut1 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Battle pet clearance sale Selling all my battlepets on tichondrius horde. Add ssolid to friends if interested. Selling cheap as i need gold :DFoj1 Dec 21, 2013